Abandon - The City on the Edge of Hell

How awesome is this idea?

• Really awesome!

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • Kinda meh.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • It sucks and you shouldn't have wasted 3 days coming up with it.

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read fragments, but my brain just went "Oh like the kagune" from tokyo ghoul
I think of them more of as Zanpaktous or however you spell that.

Kagune's work too. Really, any weapon based on your soul would work.

Reactions: RaineSensei
I have no idea what either of those items are :D I was imagining them as working like the weapons from Absolute Duo. Surprisingly, this whole RP was originally created because I liked the idea of those weapons... then I got attached to the setting and decided to make it much deeper.

I have no idea what either of those items are :D I was imagining them as working like the weapons from Absolute Duo. Surprisingly, this whole RP was originally created because I liked the idea of those weapons... then I got attached to the setting and decided to make it much deeper.
Zanpaktous are the weapons from Bleach.
Kagune are the weapons Ghouls use int Tokyo Ghoul. Not a huge fan of it, but eh, Cannibalism is always fun xP

And you watch Absolute Duo too? You just became one of my favorite people :D

I read the manga originally. You better be nice or I'll post spoilers :D

Oh that reminds me i forgot about this weeks episode... back in 27-33 minutes depending on download times.

Alright.

And i'm off to college. Back in a few hours.

@Ruko I finished my CS and changed the fragment from magic to lightning. Check it out and tell me if it's okay.

Conjuring lightning from nothing is still magic, so I still can't accept it. Other than that it's all good and I imagine your character will play a fundamental role in plot development, but it's still impossible to conjure lightning. For anyone who isn't a Watcher that is. A Fragment is a physical manifestation of the soul in weapon form. All Fragments share the same base features - made of a metallic substance - usually white-gold, silver or black; decorated with random lightning-like patterns that glow - usually green or red in colour but can vary through the entire spectrum. They are all near unbreakable, and disappear if they go outside of a 10 meter range of the owner. The exception to the range rule is ranged weaponry, but those become weaker the more you use them until you can recover the bullets. They're also incredibly rare. One in a thousand who register a fragment register a ranged one.

Alright, thank you, I'd love that ^^

As for the fragment... I was wondering for a while, because as stated in the backstory, his race was never one to excel or even honour warriors and weapon-users. As a magi, in all his life he had never held a sword as a weapon, so I thought it would be useless for his fragment to be any sort of a melee weapon. However... how about something like this:

lol-irelia-cosplay-prop-1.jpg

Four separate while blades, with black lines around them, which orbit around a black energy crystal. Gray would hold the crystal and this would let him him control the blades with his mind (otherwise he wouldn't know what to do with them). Lightning-like energies jump around them constantly and they can fit perfectly together as a shield, separate as 4 blades and be fired at a distance as ranged weapons or just be used like swords to attack or defend in close proximity. Note that despite them being four and him controlling them with his mind, that doesn't make hims as effective as four swordsmen, since he would still control them like someone who has barely held a sword in his life would. This means that although he has the advantage of four blades that can be used far from his body, a very skilled swordsman could still move past them, simply by virtue of his skill. Nevertheless, the closer to him, the faster the blades obey him, meaning that they would be 1,5 times faster than another man's weapons if the fight being in immediate proximity next to Gray, this way still giving him advantage. Nevertheless they would fly considerably shower than arrows if fired towards an enemy at a great distance.

Still not gonna work cos it still uses magic to control the blades. You did say he's had something like 100 rebirths though. He's had plenty of time to practice with a fragment if he got it awakened. The fragment remains constant between rebirths since the soul doesn't change, only the body. Note that while he would retain skill between rebirths, he would need to get the fragment re-awakened every time.

If you're hellbent on having an unconventional weapon, he could always use technology to create things like magnetically levitating blades or a device that ionises a column of air to allow him to fire lightning bolts. Only problem is, these wouldn't actually damage anything other than the physical environment and the physical forms of people who aren't Creatures.

Anyone whose avatar is of Shana is welcome to join :D

Reactions: Aleksandar
I just started to watch the anime, but the picture I saw former, and well the discribtion fits the picture. Was surprised when I started to watch the anime :P

It's my favourite anime. Season 3 is especially good. The writers actually manage to get you to sympathize with the bad guys which almost never happens.

Name: Leafonari (short form Nari)

Appearance:
Leafeon.jpg

Race: Leafon

Info: The Leafon's are similar to humans, and nekos, with the only difference, that Leafons, are lifing in the woods, born inside of flowers.
When they born and leave the bloom, they keep a pair of ears and a tail, with the same color and look from the flower which they are born in.
There biggest weakness is the fire, and everyone, beside of Leafons born in a flower which is called "Leafons Flame" fears the fire.
The only things which aren't made with plants are there cloths, and tools.

Number of rebirths spent in Abandon: Zero

Clarity of memories from first life: The only thing Leafonari remembers from her past, are her sister Leafonako. She was the most important thing in her life, but more she can't remember from her life.

Potential Fragment: A short sword, which changes with a rotation on the handle, into a two handed spear
Spear.jpg

(Hope that this is ok)

Last edited by a moderator:
Accepted. I'll put the IC up once Aleksander replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.