Abandon - The City on the Edge of Hell

How awesome is this idea?

• Really awesome!

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • Kinda meh.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • It sucks and you shouldn't have wasted 3 days coming up with it.

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, everyone who hasw posted an app thus far is now accepted!

i wanna join
WAIT FOR ME
WAAAIIIT

I'll post it once I actually find a picture to go with everything.

• Name: As far as he can remember, it's Keiran Koll

Appearance:
    robot_arm_boy_by_chalii-d333ezm.jpg

Race: Artificial Human

Number of rebirths spent in Abandon: Once

Clarity of memories from first life:
    It's... It's really hard to remember for me. I don't remember the name or the face of the person who created me. I know they put a lot of effort into making me, but I don't even remember how! I can't even remember their gender... All I can remember is that long... blonde hair... She always looked deathly pale whenever the days passed, and I... I don't remember anything else. Is my hard drive overheating, or is this common?! I know, though, I couldn't speak as smoothly as this - and I'm still learning the English Language. And, Keiran wasn't really my name. It started with a C7, but I don't remember it all. My death... even I don't know.

Potential Fragment:
    (I was actually thinking of a gun for this - mainly because this character isn't really human, but resembles one and acts like one -emotions, and still eats for fuel. hah- but since gun exhaust the user, it would exhaust his hard drive, but, that could be repaired unless le creator made hers a different way... ANYWAYS)

Keiran's Fragment operates two ways - one passive, and one aggressive.

The Aggressive operation - or A.O. Drive he would call it - is mainly just to have an outer barrier around his arms and legs - his vulnerable spots. This just increases defense and durability when he uses it. It doesn't, however, increase the strength of his hits. Keiran's body is brittle alone.

The Passive Operation - or P. O. Drive he could call it - is to make his outer shell (from the A. O. Drive) light, but still keeping its characteristics. This, however, slowly deteriorates his internal battery (or the brain you could call it if he were a computer). Except, he can get this fixed if he knew a certain someone.

-thus, he doesn't use the P. O. D. as often as you would think.

• Name: Chata. Chata Sadoma

Appearance:
    tumblr_lx53dnVLhQ1r5fed2o1_500.png

Race: Human

Number of rebirths spent in Abandon: Twice

Clarity of memories from first life:
    I remember a little boy, always cheerful and happy. Maybe it was two kids, I don't know! I can't remember his face or how he acted anymore. I know he had trouble speaking, that's for sure. I cant remember a husband. He was always over here to help me with the kids. However, I don't think our kids would be having brown hair! I have blonde hair, so does he!
    I can't even remember my profession or job. I do, though, remember that I was an intelligent person, and I still am -- yet I do not know the cause for my memories that have gone away like this... However, this one vivid memory was all red, orange and yellow. It was hot as well, and everything... went dark after that.

Potential Fragment: It's actually... a music box! Well, actually, you need the music box to access this little fragment. The music box reflects her past life in many ways. Chata loved listening to music while working on her projects, and she mostly was interested in science and mechanics - which is fitting for this fragment. If you turn the tab on the music box, and let it play for 10 seconds (which makes her vulnerable for 10 seconds.), the music box will slowly turn into a robotic Arm that covers her left hand and arm. It enhances her strength and defense, but she is sluggish because of the metal weight. (I TRIED)

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, I though the idea was awesome, but I neglected to spot who made it - I wouldn't expect anything else from Ruko. I would like to join, at the start of next week when my exams will be over. I'd also ask some questions about the plot, until then best of luck.

• Thank You
Reactions: Ruko
Name: Gray the Enlightened

Appearance:
45d4b911df04018c656e800a99332fb7.jpg

Age: 178 when he came to Abandon, 22 after his last rebirth

Race: Solari

The Solari were not really a race, in terms of genetics, they were not really any different from any of the other human races in their native world, in spite of some of their nobles claimed otherwise. What brought them to be referred to as a separate race was their name to be written forever separate from all the other human tribes, was their inexplicable thirst for knowledge, driving them into studies of magic and the occult. At some point their Magi King, Athem, discovered the secret to the eternal body renewal and after sharing it with his followers, became known as the Eternal King Athem. Naturally, the neighboring tribes saw the incredible grow of their civilization from the desert sands with both awe and hatred. Not before long, the neighboring desert tribes had made a pact with their cousins from the steppes, to share the treasures of the Solari kingdom, for the Solari used gold, gems and other precious metals and stones in their work on a daily basis, without attributing them any commercial value, apart from when trading with other peoples. The Great War of the Sands, that ranged for generations between the Solari and all the other tribes became stuff of legends, but eventually the Solari managed to deal such a terrible sequence of defeats to all their opponents, that they had no other choice but to beg for mercy.

How?

Mastery of the arms and the arts of the warrior were never the passion or the talent of the majority of the Solari people. Their armies would have easily been crashed by the raging tide of armoured enemies. Their knowledge, however, held immense power and the first magi of their order had begun waging war for power and knowledge of the forbidden war with the spirits of the astral plane. They were powerful, even at that higher plain, but among mortals, they were godlike. Most of the Solari magi were merely interested in learning and questioning. For them war was a distraction, a drag that they had to deal with in order to return to the studies and battles that really mattered. Gray was one of those magi and in the name of his King he had burned down entire cities in fires of inextinguishable flame that burned for years after. He had brought madness and dementia to entire armies and survived countless of assassination attempts, by simply slipping into the astral plain of existence for moments. All the other tribes had priests and shamans, but even their Gods and spiritual guardians were hunted down and brought forth in Chains, from the astral into the physical plane, to be humiliated by the Solari.

Athem, the magi-king of the Solari, whose father was the first one who first dared delve into the mysteries of the world, was wise beyond bounds, at least according to his people. He saw that the other tribes were savages, afraid of the Solari's intelligence and too burdened by their idotic ancient traditions to grab the knowledge and become masters of their world. He knew that if left alone, they would just attack again, causing another war. For this reason, he decided to just force them all to bend the knee in submission, slaughter all of their chieftains and rulers, thus creating the Eternal Solari Empire. His people, though, did not like the idea of living as equals with what they perceived to be stupid brutes and despite their victory in the war, they still remembered the sacrifices they had given. As a result, the empire came to hold all Solari as gods amonst men, a separate superior race, standing immensely higher than the other humans.

Gray had survived all of that and approved it. In the name of the Eternal Eperor Athem and in the name of the safe pursuit of knowledge, he had helped forge the greatest oppressive force in the world. And then he died. Silly. In one of the many failed experiments. An experiment which aimed to make a portal between universes. For this reason he doesn't believe that this is really afterlife, instead he is certain this is some inter-dimensional prison for curious or stupid travelers. He has attempted to contact his world and despite his lack of success, he knows that The Eternal Emperor would come and seek him out. He also knows it is his duty to return to his world... and the first way that came to mind was to kill himself. Yes, only moments after his arrival in Abandon, he stabbed his heart, only to wake up as a child in the city's suburbs with others laughing at him for dying and asking him who did he piss off.

Since then Gray has had innumerable experiments to leave this city, many of whom had killed him. Without magic, he started to learn technology, which he considers to be the way the inferior races compensated for their ignorance. After more than 100 rebirths after failed experiments, he came to think of Abandon differently. He realised the insane potential for learning that this city gave him. The Eternal Emperor Athem and the other magi would inevitably find and rescue him at some point, even if he didn't do a thing to assist them. He decided to learn everything he could from the endless stream of new beings from different worlds -after all didn't he aim for just that - opening a portal to another universe in order to study it? Also this world allowed him to experiment without any concern for safety - after all he'd just be reborn!

How did he escape the Karma cut?

Because Gray doesn't believe the Watchers one bit and is certain that the "hell" everyone fears is just a competitor city or an illusion (after all what would the purpose of a dimension solely made for torturing be?!) he didn't care if he was forced to go there. Nevertheless, he did need positive karma for the black market and after his realisation he didn't want to leave Abandon just yet, after all there was so much to learn before moving on. He was no warrior and couldn't really fight without his magic. But! He realised soonafter that sharing his immense knowledge and wisdom with random city inhabitants, especially if they looked troubled, unsless bound by a commercial transaction gave him postitive karma. Since his learning also involved meeting, talking and recording knowledge and data from all the strange new cultures and creatures, it was incredibly easy for him to gain his fair share of positive karma - he simply gave advice, wisdom and knowledge to others and sometime after contacted them with a please for them to tell them about their world, which they were happy to do in most cases.

Number of rebirths spent in Abandon: 271

Clarity of memories from first life: Remembers everything quite well, especially the years closely prior his death. He still recognizes it as a part of his life, moreover he is certain that that is the real life for him. He believes Abandon to be a sort of illusion or at the very least, one of the many possible options for life after death. He is still certain that he could go back to his world and feels the need to do so. Moreover he doesn't believe that the only reality apart from this city is hell and is certain the Watchers are hiding something about the structure of the world.

Potential Fragment: Summoning lightning, the purest form of fire, from nothing to use and control as he pleases. Hasn't done if so far.

Last edited:
Well, you're right that the Watchers are hiding something about Abandon. I did specify that Abandon had no magic at all though, despite being a magical realm. Therefore, regardless of whether the person's original world had magic or not, people inside Abandon cannot have magic.

Well, you're right that the Watchers are hiding something about Abandon. I did specify that Abandon had no magic at all though, despite being a magical realm. Therefore, regardless of whether the person's original world had magic or not, people inside Abandon cannot have magic.
That's why I said had, I know he can't have magic

"Potential Fragment: Magic, the ability to bend certain fragments of reality to his will." then what's this all about then?

@Lynne The second character is all fine. The robot however - Abandon is inhabited primarily by souls. While robots are possible, they would not actually have souls, therefore would be unable to undergo Rebirth or possess a Fragment. A gun would be completely possible in this circumstance, but it would be a normal weapon, rather than a fragment, and as such would have 0 effect on the Creatures and would only damage the mortal bodies of Abandon inhabitants.

@Ruko Okay! Is it... okay if I...
OH
If I make (you know, how Chata's thingy says something about a brown haired boy, and another guy.)
augh, since it wasn't mentioned in the Clarity of Memories (since I don't think Chata WOULD remember this --) Maybe it could be like
that the guy that Chata mentioned -- his soul could be in dat Artificial Robot since
erm
this could tie into Sci-Fi.
you know
I remember a little boy, always cheerful and happy. Maybe it was two kids, I don't know! I can't remember his face or how he acted anymore. I know he had trouble speaking, that's for sure. I cant remember a husband. He was always over here to help me with the kids. However, I don't think our kids would be having brown hair! I have blonde hair, so does he!
Dat guy could very well be Chata doing something cruel to dat one man and somehow transferring his soul into a body.

So you see (and now I see -- ) I was trying to tie these two characters together. qq
If this doesn't work -- NEW CHARACTER CREATION! :D

There is no way to store a soul in a mechanical body. The body would have to have at least the brain of a sentient, since a soul can't be stored as binary data on a computer system.

Alright I intend to start this RP with 2 more people, so y'all get out there and get advertising!

Name: Vaughn Meryl

Appearance:
bfe03475399249e6ccb8f2ed46333044.jpg

Age: ("Well, if its in a humans 'age system' i'd be about 3,437,173 years old, but i guess by my appearance, im 17")

Race: Alishiel, cursed with vampirism.
Alishek are people who are Physically Strong, but they cannot perform magic, like all of the other races in their world, They are stronger than most others, they cannot tire like their other races, and vampirism is a common disease among them, though it doesn't change them, except for their cravings and their diet, and a few phobias, their main setback is that they cannot stand the smell of garlic, an extreme fear of sunlight, they cannot stand items of the holy type. Silver kills them almost instantly.

Number of rebirths spent in Abandon: 0, none, nada, zip, zilch, a new born to this world.

Clarity of memories from first life: Very, very clear. He remembered, he was a peace activist, he helped all in need. That trait passed off in his life in abandon, leaving him to his own middle ground.

Potential Fragment: (If they were to activate their fragment, what form would it take? Note: Guns are very very rare. Nobody knows why ranged weapons are so rare. Some people suspect it is the soul automatically activating a safety mechanism to prevent the user from firing off too much of it's soul as bullets or arrows.) A Bagh Naka that has been quite evolved, made of a strong steel.

Extra: His lower body, under his clothes, he has fur and a tail hidden, he is fur on all but his neck and head, and he looks thin, but he has thin, yet compact muscles. Vaughn has a mangled left side of his lower chest, he cant hold his breathe very long because of it, he has mastered it, but it still surprises him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just letting ya know, I'm still in this if it ever gets going~

Ultra, just no. I'm gonna let you figure out for yourself why not.

Oh dear lord. You might want to check out these two links.

Oh I forgot I was gonna put those in my sig. Thanks for reminding me :D

On second examination, I think that app may be a troll post.

Reactions: Moogle-Girl
Status
Not open for further replies.