Aachen Rizen Compile - Hymn of Origin (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehb

Literal No One
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
It's Easier to just Look at Below
This is the In Character Thread for Aachen Rizen Compile, a One Shot RP mean to end a month from it's start. In this case: the last day IC posts will be taken will be February 3rd, so please keep that in mind!

Aachen Rizen Compile
Hymn of Origin

Follow the Journey of Cirika Ikkikari and her companions as they make a vital Pilgrimage to the Shrine at Demon Crown Mountain. The party composed of the town's best nobles and servants quickly find that the stakes of this once-in-a-century journey are even higher than they could've ever dreamed of.

Will they complete their journey? Or will the countdown to the world's end begin once more?

If you've got some questions about the RP still, here's a handy FAQ in the spoiler. If not, go on!

Why?
See the original interest thread for all that!

Signups and character sheets?
Also in the original interest thread. Signups are currently closed since the cast is full. There is no consideration to expand the cast at this time. The OOC thread (for discussion) is on a personal discord channel.

What happens of a month comes up and we're not done?

Something happens. And a discussion to expand the RP to a full fledged one will be discussed afterward.

Aachen Rizen Compile - Party Menu
Bloons: 5000

Cirika_Stat.jpg

Cirika Ikkikari
[ Lv. 6 ]
Arara_Stat.jpg

Arara Sakanade
[ Lv. 6 ]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= ???, white, solid]

Stomp, Stomp. Goes our feet.
Crush, Crush. Goes the snow below.
Panting. Panic. Pandemonium.

"Run...! Run! We can't let them catch up to us!"

I live through the same nightmare once more.
The barking of the wolves behind us is so close that I can feel their teeth chomping at my feet. I dare not look back.

"I can't keep this up... we're not going to make it! They're going to catch us before we make it back!"

"Yes we well! We're going to make it!"
"I'm so sorry!"

I apologize countless times.
Yes. I lead both of us to this situation.
My innocent little wish was about so she do much blood.

"Don't apologize Cirika, and Don't worry! No matter what happens, I'll protect you!"

Even as my heart physically heaves in my chest in exhaustion. I feel a small bit of relief.

Yes....
He was true to his words to the very end.

Our steps in the snow become interlaced with the paws of the wolves drawing near for the kill.
The next part...

[/fieldbox]

....!

Waking up from her nightmare, the girl stares with shocked eyes into the ceiling.
It takes a few minutes for Cirika Ikkikari's expression to return to it's trademark neutral.

Just moments ago, her mind was being drowned in the events of her childhood.
But now she had returned to reality, thankfully. Before the ending of that terrible day could play itself out.

The sun had yet to rise. Though in the distance, the peasant's game birds were crowing to greet the morning. However, for a noble like her, the time to arise was yet at hand. Cirika dreaded to return to sleep. Thinking that she'd immediately pick off where her nightmare had left off.

But today was important. Probably the most important day of her, and everyone elses' lives in the village.
So she forced herself asleep once more.

[fieldbox= Cirika Ikkikari, grey, solid]
Cirika_Ico.jpg

[Month of Origin, 5th / Haschou Village, Castle Grounds]

"Ladies and Nobles! Welcome to the last match of the Semi-Finals of the Pilgrimige tournament! After this match, the final set of matches will decide who will embark upon the Pilgrimage to Demon Crown Mountain for the once-in-a-century ritual!"

A girl with white hair and a long blade.
A young man, a peasant, grimly takes his place on the field.
He had been put up against the worst opponent he could face.

"This final match of this set shall be between Lady Cirika and Tsuma. Ready...?"

Tutorial Time!
Battles!

Welcome to Aachen Rizen Compile!

This RP is a Group Party Adventure where the Gm leads you and your companions on a journey to save the world! Of course, there will be many obstacles that you'll have to overcome. The most prevalent being foes that must be defeated!

Foes are defeated by landing [ Critical Blows ] against an enemy by using your characters' respective [ Techs ]. Let's go ahead and try to do this now!

For reference, let's take a look at Cirika's Techs.

Cirika Ikkikari's Techs:

Draw Pivot - Level 4
Force - Heavy & Close
Throw a foe into the air with a rising slash followed by a strike from one's scabbard.

Scatter Slash - Level 1
Wind - Light & Close
Sheathes of Wind Dissipate from the Blade as it is Swung. Pelting the foe with small bolts of Wind Force.

Brandishing Tempest - Level 1
Wind - Heavy & Close
Draw one's blade to forge a dangerous twister that envelops the first thing it comes into contact with before dissipating violently.

The [ Level ] of your tech indicates how skilled you character is at using it. This is important, as a Tech's [ Level ] Decides how likely that character will be able to land a [ Critical Blow ]!

The chances your character can land a critical blow by level is detailed below:

Tech Level & Critical Blow Chance
Level 1 - 25% Chance - Roll a 1 on a 4 sided die.
Level 2 - 33% Chance - Roll a 1 on a 3 sided die.
Level 3 - 50% Chance - Roll a 1 on a 2 Sided die.
Level 4 - 100% Chance - Guaranteed Critical Blow.

In this case, let's use Cirika's Skill: [ Scatter Slash ].
Cirika has mastered [ Scatter Slash ] to Level 1.
Thus, she has to Roll a 4 Sided die.

When you have chosen a skill write out your In Character post up to where they use the skill.
After that roll the die and write out the result based on that roll.

So let's play it out in the IC!

Wasting no time, Cirika draws out her sword. She immediately takes the initiative.
At the same time, her challenger Tsuma charged forward with his spear. Going for an all or nothing attack.

It was a blind charge.
If this was any normal battle, it would be acceptable.

But this was a duel, and against a noble no less.
This gave Cirika the room to respond with an attack. One that could land decisively.

She swung her blade at him.

She would use Scatter Slash. And give him a chance...

[Awaiting Roll...]

[/fieldbox]

The Roll Failed!

Cirika_Ico.jpg

Tsuma avoided Cirika's attack by throwing his spear right at her. Pinning into her sleeve, Cirika was unable to swing her sword. Rather, she was now at a disadvantage.

"Please forgive me, Lady Cirika!"

Stmping the ground, Tsuma drive his palm into Cirika's forehead. Throwing her back onto the ground. The spear, tearing through her jacket as she fell back. Her blade also clattered onto the ground.

"U-uugh!"

Cirika was now at a severe disadvantage.
She had been disarmed.

[/fieldbox]

Failed Rolls

When your roll fails, things will typically not go well for your character. In battle, when the opponent is just some nameless mob or monster fodder you will usually write out how things turn out after the roll. However when the opponent is controlled by another player, or is something like an important boss controlled by the GM the outcome may be left to the GM to decide.

In general failed rolls will by default mean that the attack missed or was evaded. Though some artistic freedom is given to failed rolls in order to make them a bit more interesting to write.

Last edited:
Cirika_Ico.jpg

"Kh...!"

"Oh no! Lady Cirika appears to be on the Ropes! Is this over!?"

"Lady Cirika, Catch."

Tsuma tossed Cirika's blade towards her. She caught it by the handle.
What was he doing?

He had already basically won. Why was he acting like he still wanted to keep going?

"I'm not happy with a victory like that. I know you were going easy on me."
He said. "I can't be considered worthy by such a half-baked victory. I have to beat you going all out."

"Tsuma..."

Rising to her feet, Cirika couldn't deny that such honesty was admirable.
But still, she hesitated.

"...Are you sure, Tsuma?"

Tsuma nodded.

"I knew from the moment that I began this battle that I'd be going up against someone who was leagues above anything I could do. I can't allow you to do something as reprehensible as giving anything less then your all, Lady Cirika!"

The young man showed his resolve, by assuming what vagely looked like a battle stance.
But it was apparent. He was poised to take a strike. As if to test out Cirika's strength.

Hitting with everything she got.
The move that would allow her to do just that wasn't unclear at all!

Level 4 Tech
At level 4 your Tech becomes regarded as mastered.
At this level, your Tech will always land a [ Critical Blow ] Whenever used.

Do note however, that you can must use each Tech available to you before reusing one in a battle. Additionally, You can only use only a single Tech per post. This exists to ensure that battles do have a reason to last a bit longer that everyone one shotting everything.

Note, even if you use a Level 4 Tech, you still need to 'Roll a 10 sided die' for it. This is to make it easy for the Gm to keep track what attacks are made on an opponent. The 10 Sides have a secret purpose when you upgrade your Tech Even further!

Cirika rested her blade onto her hip and poised herself into a stance to draw it. It was well telegraphed, but one could see her intent to really put all her strength into the strike.

In a single move, Cirika's body flashed right to Tsuma...

[Waiting for Roll.... ]

[/fieldbox]

Roll Successful!

Cirika_Ico.jpg

Cirika executed her signature move. She drew her blade and threw Tsuma into the air. His body began to flip wildly when a follow-up strike from her scabbard followed. His body slammed into the ground.

Laying face-first in the ground, he was motionless.
But then he stirs.

Pushing himself off the ground, Tsuma stood back up on his feet.... but after a moment fell back to their knees

"Lady Cirika, I concede."

He surrendered.

"Very well. You fought well."

A conflicted cheer went on about the crowd as they saw the Lord's Daughter defeat one of the Peasants that had entered into the tournament. Though, in those who were in the know, or those who could peice it together, there was no way that this peasant would be granted a place in the group responsible for the pilgrimage.

They had put this person up against Cirika purposely just to make her look good. As, it was already decided that she'd be leading it. Given the performance, Cirika would not have permitted them either. But using them like this was necessarily cruel.

The defeated peasant took up his spear and made his way past Cirika, to get off of the fighting ring set in the shadow of the Villages' Castle.

Cirika held out her hand.
And he passed by without a word.

She couldn't blame him.
This match was entirely rigged.
Standing on the castle ramparts were a few of the guard archers. Whom had been watching over the match.

By giving Cirika her blade back, Tsuma had spared his own life.
If he had pressed any further he would've been skewered by the archers' arrows.

Though this was a tournament to figure out who was the best, it was still dominated by the politics of the situation. Of the nobles and of the peasants. Seeing you peasants getting their hopes and body parts crushed. This match had gone much more tamely compared to some of the others.

"And that wraps it up for the semi finals! All participants whom had won their matches thus far, please be prepared, as the final rounds will begin in earnest. Please wait while we allow the competitors to rest. They've had a long day."

Later....

The people who had made it to the finals had one thing in common.
They'd managed to get this far without too much injuries.

It seemed to be a testament to their skill. That they'd been able to get this far without getting all that much hurt. Or, in the case of Lady Moriya, some serious luck. Looks exchanged by others as they realized she was still in the lineup for the matches were met with great measures of awe and confusion.

A lot of people had been training like made for this tournament.
Victory here would mean a great honor for their family to go in the Pilgrimage.

Participants literally had been beating each other to a pulp over this.

In yet here was Moriya, Local lover of the town's Maple trees, snoozing away like it was just another lazy day. She seemed to even have brought a pillow from home to lay her head on.

Cirika yanked it from under her head, tossing it into the arms of one other other hapless finalists who happened to catch it.

@_Everyone
[/fieldbox]

@Rithas @Luma @LowDefinition @ERode @Jakers @Karyra

Help Tutorial Vol. 1: Post Formatting (Again(???))

Help Tutorial Vol. 1: Post Formatting

Aachen Rizen Compile uses the same tried and true post formatting that helps make it easy to tell who is posting and where a scene is located. Please make use of this format when making your own posts.

[fieldbox= CHARACTER NAME, white, solid]
Cirika_Ico.jpg

[CHARACTER REPRESENTATION - This Image Cutout Is Used To Make it Easier to identify your character for people not too good with names. If you want to utilize a Larger Image, Please Put it in a Spoiler. I will make one for you once your character is accepted, but if you want to do it yourself, note that the Eye Cutouts I use are 150 x 50 Pixels.]

[DATE / LOCATION : Ex. [Month of Origin, 5th/ Evil Forest, Depths] We use this so people won't get lost as to what day it is or when our characters]
[POST CONTENT - At Least a Paragraph Ideally]

@SOMEUSER
[When you type in @Username you tag another user who will probably get a notification about it. Use this to explicitly state who your character is interacting with when applicable]
[/fieldbox]

The Code to make the 'fancy boxes' is as follows:

Code:
[fieldbox= CHARACTER NAME, COLOUR, solid]
[Insert your Image or Spoilered Image Up Here

Date-stamp and Location Goes Here
    Post Content Goes Here

[USER=XXXXX]@USERNAME[/USER].     //Note that if you type @ and then a Valid Username, you should see a drop-down menu show up of applicable Iwaku Users. Select the correct one and the Text Editor Will do all this nonsense automatically.

[/fieldbox]

Help Tutorial Vol. 2: NPCs and Underlining

Hope Tutorial Vol. 2: NPCs and Underlining

In Aachen RIzen Compile, underlining a section of text is used to denote particularly important parts of your post. Think of it as a way of telling people: "Please Have Your Response Mention/Comment on this thing!" Use it to let partners know an important part of your character's response, or something that other characters can latch onto to get into a conversation. Use it as a tool to help move scenes and stories forward!

Additionally, NPC Characters' dialogue is typically written in bold italic or regular italic.

Regular Italic is typically used for background characters making one off remarks,

whereas,

bold italic is used for npc characters who can be actively conversed with.

Finally,

BOLD COLORED
represents NPCs controlled by the GM with story significance. Alternatively it can just represent a character yelling, but it should be apparent within context which is which.

As a general rule, you're discouraged from employing NPCs, unless it's a particularly appropriate time for you to come up and control one for the sake of moving a scene forward. Use your good judgement!

Help Tutorial Vol. 3: Replying Etiquette

Help Tutorial Vol. 3: Replying Etiquette

Remember, when involved in a conversation or starting one, utilize Iwaku's @_Username function to help people know what conversation they're a part of. It can also be used to alert people you try to pull into a scene as well!

Additionally, please try to avoid copy pasting large sections of speech and action and opt to try summarizing instead. Nobody wants to reread through everything each post! Try to aim for freshness and newness and brevity for stuff that's already been written!

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Arara, #4da6ff, solid]
Arara_Ico.jpg

A part of her had wished that Cirika failed. It was a cruel, unkind part, a farcry from the nobility of spirit that Arara oft displayed, but if failure and humiliation was what was necessary for her charge to be swayed from the dangerous journey ahead, then the naginata-wielding guard wasn't against the idea.

At the very least, she would have refrained from hunting down that Tsuma bastard later for inflicting pain upon the heir to the illustrious Ikkikari heir.

Her own semi-finals match had been...insignificant, to say the least. The past few days had been kind to her, easy opponents who sought glory for themselves instead of for another. Against a decade of tempering steel and spirit, reforging herself with her inner flame, her own foes fell much too easily. It would be the finals that would prove a challenge, but there too, Arara was prepared. They had a day to prepare, and as she breathed, feeling the contractions of her body's muscles, she spared a small smile.

She will reach optimal levels of performance when her round began.

Catching the pillow torn from Lady Moriya's head, Arara held it in one hand as she congratulated Cirika on her fight.

"Well done," the servant girl spoke, not a hint of sarcasm in her tone, "To have Tsuma of the Swallow Cut acknowledge your skill is no small feat. Your martial ability has improved, Cirika, even if the influence of those above our station continue to smear the authenticity of this tournament."

As those final words were spoken, her orange eyes slid over to the other finalists, so many of them born into nobility.

Influence indeed.
@Ehb
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Kiri Moriya, #99ffff, solid]
Kiri_Ico.jpg

Whump.

Kiri's head hit the ground with a soft thump as her precious sleeping instrument was torn away from her. She stirred there for a moment, hands slowly grasping for a pillow that simply wasn't there, before her eyes finally slid partway open.

The ground. At least it wasn't a muddy patch of ground, but it definitely wasn't where she'd been before. Or had she? Maybe this was the same spot, but the other people had changed? There were vague memories of her having wandered around a bit though, so who knows.

Wait a minute! Wasn't today important or something...?

"Oh... oh, right." Kiri gracefully rose from her spot. Her hair was a bit ruffled, but that was absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. Sleepily rubbing her eyes for a moment, Kiri finally took a sweeping glance at her surroundings. Cirika was right there beside her - probably having just finished some kind of rant Kiri had ignored - and all around them stood several anxious fighters, seemingly waiting for something.

"Is it time for my final fight, then?"

The question was directed at Cirika. Kiri was standing upright, but instead of meeting the heir's eyes she was gazing at Cirika's shoulder longingly. Shoulders were the best pillows by far, and Cirika's pillow— err... shoulder - was one of the comfiest looking. One couldn't help but get the impression that the only thing holding her back was this upcoming fight. Finally, she snapped out of the trance.

"Oh, but I'm still missing something." Brushing past Cirika, she calmly approached one of the servants. She was a familiar servant... and a servant that was holding something precious.

"Thanks for holding onto it for me." Kiri offered Arara a sweet smile, but the 'thank you' was laced with venom. She continued an a calm, dreamy tone, "...but you know I never lose my pillow by accident. So why did you steal it? Are you trying to keep it from me so I can't participate? That's not very sporting of you, Arara."

It was one of the most baffling parts of this whole tournament: how Lady Moriya had somehow managed to win every fight, unharmed, all while cradling this cream-colored pillow under her arm. She'd had it for every single one with no exceptions and it seemed the finals weren't any different to her.

"Return it, please." It was a polite request - fitting of a noble - but with Kiri's intense stare, it was clear that 'no' wasn't a valid answer.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Anzai Ikkikari, Red, solid]
Azai_Ico.jpg

Cirika had been so close to losing. Anzai had no idea how to feel about that, on one hand he was nearly happy that he could have an excuse for her not to have to come on the journey. An excuse for his reason of going, but ultimately Cirika's competitor helped her out by handing her back her weapon. It was kind of him, but everyone knew why. She'd been called. She was scion and held highly in the opinion of the people and their family.

Anzai was not. He was the 'baby' and 'the sickly one'. Everything he wanted, he worked for. His health, his swordsmanship, and his magic were all hard work that he refused to let be easy by any stretch of the imagination. He was not frail. He wouldn't be anymore.

The memory of the day he started to hate his 'nickname' and treatment came to him.

"You can't go in, if she catches what you have while recovering, she will only be bedridden for that much longer. Go rest and get better. You can see her later."

He couldn't be by her side when she was hurt. Or when the sickness had been really bad. He was alone in his room, trying to not let whatever he had not spread to anyone else.

He refused. This wasn't acceptable. Maybe it was some sort of stubborn sense of will, but he started to actually get better. In time he was healthy, and in more time he was already training to fight. He wasn't going to miss anything else. He wasn't going to be alone in his room any longer. Today was he day he proved it to everyone by winning and joining the expedition. Smart or not, it didn't matter. He'd go out into the world and see more than the manor.

He stumbled upon Cirika teasing Kiri, and laughed a little. Cirika teasing Kiri was amusing, but Kiri tended to take her naps infamously seriously. Plus, it wouldn't be good if they got into a fight here and now.

"Arara... I think you should return the pillow. I think Lady Moriya might be serious about this. It'd be bad if she tried to hurt you and ended up hurting herself before her final round, yes?"
Anzai said, gently laughing. "How are you doing, Cirika? That last match looked rough."

@Everyone
@Luma @ERode @Ehb
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Jouta Shizuka, #ff4d4d, solid]

His post-match handshakes and pre-match bows and words of honour had been ignored. Most of his opponents had spared no mercy in trying to deliver injuries to the man, with one even deliberately attempting to aim for certain areas of his body that'd cause intense pain if hit. And after each of his victories, he'd been booed off the stage.

Though the rugged man known as Jouta Shizuka had been allowed to enter the tournament, as soon as people had heard the man fought with no weapons and with as much aggression as a timid puppy, people were waiting for him to fail.

But despite all of this, Jouta had never given up his smile for the crowd and his opponents. And - most of the time - fights ended with his opponents looking almost completely unharmed. The man had ignored all weaponry. To win all his battles, he'd simply avoided the ebb and flow of the opponent's aggression, usually disarming his opponents; holding them in a painless lock until they surrendered.

His unarmed, almost completely non-aggressive fighting style wasn't something that'd never been seen before, but - despite his poor reputation - it was still something that was clearly being talked about, especially now that he'd made it to the finals.

Jouta Shizuka was a man with no ill will against anyone here. He was simply here with a point to make.
To prove his name? That was but one part of it.
To prove that he was willing to sacrifice anything for the better of his people, and in his position of banishment, winning these battles to aid the great journey was the best thing he could do.

~ ~ ~

A chewing stick in the corner of his mouth, his arms folded, and his luminous green eyes looking down on the aftermath of Cirika's fight somewhat sadly, Jouta mostly kept to himself as he awaited his final match. He tried his best to look past the fact that they'd chosen a peasant on purpose to lose out of all them for Cirika's fight.

Occasionally closing his eyes and muttering brief words of prayer, he felt the gentle pushes and pulls of the gently falling pieces of dust around him. One thing suddenly caught his attention, though. Cirika's actions on one of the sleeping finalists confused Jouta somewhat.

...Was that really necessary? Everyone has their own ways of preparing before a fight. Just because sleeping looks bad, does that make it any different from any other pre-battle preparations?
Just because Kiri likes to nap, did that make her spirit weaker than anybody else's here?
She's a finalist just like all of us! She fought, just like all of us.

His emerald-green eyes glancing between Kiri and Arara, Jouta bit down as he sensed a wave of passive-aggression start to flood across the waiting room. Even after Anzai - the brother of Cirika who Jouta was glad to hear was strong enough to be a competitor in this event - had spoken to Arara, there was still underlying tension in the room.

The unfolding of events... it could all begin to cascade and crumble! I see it! This could bring a wave of discord upon us before such a pivotal moment. I can't let this happen to my fellow competitors... I... I have to act!

A loud, rumbling step came as Jouta suddenly stomped forward to get everyone's attention, the usually quite reserved, smoky red-haired man seemingly coming out of nowhere.

"Excuse me, everyone!"

A brief pause came after Jouta's loud announcement, and now he realized he hadn't thought of what to say afterwards. Giving the stick in the corner of his mouth a few awkward twists and chews as he looked across everyone as still as a statue, the man eventually came up with something.

"I... just wanted to say good luck, my friends, for the upcoming matches. It's an honour to be fighting along such regarded workers and nobles alike!"

Ending his sentence with a big thumbs up, Jouta offhandedly added something to try and diffuse the situation further, glancing in Kiri's direction:

"Also, don't worry about it, guys! I saw the whole thing. She wasn't trying to steal it, she actually caught it after someone knocked it from under your head on accident. It might've landed somewhere where you couldn't have got it otherwise, see?"

Was it technically a lie? Yes. Was it a somewhat pointless and stupid thing to say? To most, yes, but Jouta had still considered it necessary. Hopefully they'd just turn on him instead, and be more satisfied at voicing their disdain for him rather than giving each other bad vibes before the match.

@Everyone
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Eimi Otachi, #EE82EE , solid]

Eimi_ICo.jpg

None of it had been a challenge. Tournament opposition proved to be made of little skill. Not enough to land more then one clumsy scratch on her.

She sat there, knees beneath her. Biting her fingers. There was nothing to do between her fights but wait and watch the other matches. And now that all of the finalists had been picked. There only stood the wait till the next time she would unsheathe her sword from it's scabbard.

Cirika's fight had been less then optimal in Eimi's mind. Not that she doubted Cirika in anyway, far from it. But it made little sense to her for Cirika not to immediately show her full force. Even better, against perhaps a more capable opponent. She was not ignorant to the way this tournament had been set up. Even if still believed that the best combatants available had gotten through.

Even Kiri, somehow, who was much the center of attention as Cirika took the pillow she used to rest from underneath her. Eimi continued to relatively ignore it, aside from a glance or two as more of the finalists entered the conversation.

Jouta continued his ethuastic ways with announcing how much of a honour it was to fight along with his other companions. She hoped of course, that he was mindful enough to realize that it was just an honour for him. As for everyone else, they were fighting alongside Jouta. Which was more of the opposite of honour.

Yet, the man continued. Now just blatantly lying with a smile on his face. She supposed it must come easy to someone like him.

"Purposeful taking, might I add." She took her fingers away from her mouth. "The truth, so that they can fern, ah, learn."

"Kiri, it is distasteful for one to rest like this while others continue their fights. I will offer to assist you later if for now you just follow the wishes of Lady Cirika."

@Everybody[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Reiji, #ff8000, solid]
Reiji_Ico.jpg

Reiji had quite a difficulty on the tournament as he is mostly a long ranged warrior who are forced to fight in a closer range. Even so...Reiji managed to go through the tournament without any scratches.

With him spectating Cirika's match, he was not surprised that Cirika won. It was rigged from the start, why would that peasant not go all the way and take the win? Is he afraid of the guards that would take his life if he did win against Cirika? The result was quite heavily influenced with her family's position. Not that he hates it, it's just that it was not surprising to him.

Hearing Arara congratulates Cirika. Reiji chimed in "Huh, family influence don't work out there in the pilgrimage." Said while he twists his finger around his right ear's insides. "But you've certainly improved." He concluded nonchalantly.

Looking around inspecting the finalists... It was no surprise that most of the finalists are mostly nobles with proper trainings and discipline. The only ones that were quite a surprise for him is that of Jouta, the disgraced man of Shizuka family... Anzai, Cirika's little brother... and... was that Maple? That exact same Maple tree hugger? Whoa, how did she even manage to go through this tournament without a scratch?

"Oh, Maple-chan is in the finals? How surprising!" Reiji exaggerates his surprise as he looked at Kiri. "But the rest of you... Not that surprising." He continued nonchalantly. "But anyway, no matter how the final goes and who will be chosen to accompany Cirika's pilgrimage, hope you all behave accordingly and not cause trouble to everyone." He concluded as he directed his gaze towards Kiri. Focusing on her for that troublesome sleepyness that would halt progress.

@_Ehb

[/fieldbox]

Arara_Ico.jpg

"It wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing if that were to occur," Arara replied, a spark of humor in her eyes as she addressed Anzai, "But if the lady asks, she will receive."

And with that, not bothering to clear up any misunderstanding that may have cropped up due to this chain of events, the guardswoman returned the pillow to its rightful owner. For all the words that the others have spent, this alone was enough to resolve the situation.

It wasn't truly her place to speak, after all, only a nod spared in Reiji's direction as he reminded the others of the virtues of etiquette and lawfulness when they finally did embark on their quest. Funny, coming from a vulgar ape like himself.

@Luma
[/fieldbox]

Kiri_Ico.jpg

Kiri grabbed the precious bundle of fluffiness, hugging it tightly. Her relief was obvious, and that sudden, protective spirit of her's had vanished the moment she'd reclaimed the pillow. The multitude of snarky remarks, the criticisms, the almost unanimous desire for her not to be there... it all kinda just bounced off her as she rubbed her cheek against the pillow.

"You're all so tense," she mentioned to the group as a whole. For the most part, it was true; and for good reason. There was a lot at stake here. From the absolute calm in Kiri's voice, it was almost like she didn't care either way though.

"I guess I can stay awake if Eimi's making tea soon."

Suddenly, Kiri turned to Reiji as a disgustingly familiar nickname hit her ear. She returned an indignantly unamused glance in his direction, but it turned to legitimate confusion. "Huh? Me? That's silly. Causing trouble is too much... trouble. It sounds like a waste of nap time." The implications of what he'd said had flown right over her head.

@Rithas
@LowDefinition
@everyone really[/fieldbox]

Cirika_Ico.jpg

"...I probably should've lost that one. But, Tsuma saw right through me. It was disrespectful of me to be so Lax when he was going all out there. Tsuma wasn't like the others I've faced in the tournament thus far, that's for sure."
Cirika said, looking to her brother Azai and personal guard Arara While doing so, she clapped her hand against the latter's outstretched hand. "You two have performed splendidly in your matches. I'm proud of both of you."

Lord Shibata had also given her a kind comment on her performance. But she didn't entertain such words being given while digging into one's ear.

Lady Moriya, trying to recover her pillow triggered a bit of dialogue between everyone. Those in the tent were those who were in the circle of the Village's Nobility, so they were sort of familiar with one another. It would be in a place and situation like this where the internal polotics between the nobles would play out... but that was mostly irrelevant to these few here. The ones here had a simple enough objective, to win.

Jouta Shizuka though, tried to tell some sort of lie. Making Cirika's taking of the pillow seem more accidental. But others did jump to correct it. In the end, Cirika confirmed it herself.

"A lie. I took it."

But by then, it seemed like it didn't matter much. Lady Moriya had gotten back her pillow. She seemed to simply want to get this entire tournament over with so she could go back to sleeping.

"It should not be too much to ask for you to try to take something seriously for even one afternoon..."

If this was already too much for her, then why was she even still in the tournament? Cirika wondered.

"Lady Moriya, you've already gotten this far. You do know that, in the event that you do win this next match, being able to sleep in all day will become practically impossible, right? Consider dropping out of the tournament. For yours and the sake of everyone who'll have to make that pilgrimage."

She wasn't sure if she had worded that particularly elegantly. But at the same time, Cirika wasn't sure if she even valued her family's honor in the first place. So it probably wouldn't be a problem for her.

Walking in, a page greeted the finalists.

"It's been decided. The last matches. I've gotten it all written down on this scroll. Please look at it at your leisure."

Setting it on the table and spreading the parchment open, the page bowed and left them one last message before they departed.

"Lord Ikkikari wishes these last matches to be done with at haste. So when you are prepared, take back to the field and each duel will be conducted almost simultaneously."

The page left the group, with eyes drawn to that scroll.
Upon closer inspection...

Lady Moriya - Lord Shibata
Sakanade - Shizuka
Lord Azai Ikkikari - Lady Otachi

Looking over the page, Cirika stepped back, allowing the others to take a look themselves. For her, it was already decided she would go, so they needed not participate at this level. These final matches were mostly to put the pride and honor for the families involved on the line.

It seemed that this time around the matches were organized with a bit more consideration to the participants in mind. Mostly considering the fact that they had paired Lady Moriya and Lord Shibata together on account of both of them using ranged weapons.

Everyone stared down the names set opposite of one another on the scroll.
They looked at each other, with a certain amount of uncertainty. And...

@Luma
@_Everyone
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Jouta Shizuka VS. Arara Sakande, #a3c2c2, solid]

[Month of Origin, 5th / Haschou Village, Castle Grounds/Arena]
The rugged man glancing over at the scroll across the room, he stopped chewing the short stick in the corner of his mouth for a moment, before giving a short, sharp exhale through his nostrils as if mentally preparing himself.

Arara. He knew why and how she fought, but he didn't know much about… well, her.The way she fought was a tricky matchup for his bare-handed style, but as long as she gave her best shot, he was ready to give his. Was she a crowd favourite? Jouta didn't really know how to gauge popularity, but people always seemed to clap for her pretty loud.

The mixture of love and hate for the contestants would - he at least hoped - make for a pretty memorable match, if anything. Fighting to potentially injure someone so highly regarded by Cirika wasn't something he was excited about, but… it was what it was.

"Alright, looks like it'll be me and you. Definitely ready to start?" Jouta asked the sunset-eyed servant in a gruff yet chirpy tone, as if they were going somewhere for lunch as opposed to having an all-out battle. Already having what he needed to fight on him, he was ready to go, but he wasn't sure if Arara had any pre-battle rituals she needed to do.

"If you need a sec to prepare your stuff or have a toilet break, I don't mind waiting. Meet you there!"

A brief thumbs up flashed from the man, before he started to tuck in his scruffy collection of clothes to make himself look somewhat presentable as he began to saunter over to the arena, the wind and dust in his smoky-red hair.

Arara_Ico.jpg

"No need," was her curt response, Arara turning and following the sand-infested man to the final field of battle. Even as the crowds worked themselves into a fervor, the guardswoman was deaf to it. There was only one person she needed the acknowledgement of, no familial obligations to consider in the face of the pride and honor one would gain from being one of the finalists in this tournament.

Sakanade rested in the palm of her hands, the indigo blue shaft warm in her touch, as if her beloved blade knew as well that they would have to perform at their very best here. Regardless of how easy going he was, how much of a spineless, pacifistic herbivore he was, Jouta was still someone who made it through this bloody tournament without causing his opponents any degree of harm as well.

Those sunset eyes narrowed as she imagined how humiliating it'd be if she was also subject to such a fate.

No slacking.

Amidst the cheers and jeers of the crowd, Arara bowed once to her opponent, before taking her stance, shifting her feet apart and bringing the blade of her naginata back, the butt facing Jouta.

"Arara Sakanade, retainer of Lady Cirika Ikkikari, wielder of the Dragon Spear, Sakanade."

Jouta_Ico.jpg

Thumping a clenched fist against his heart, the man returned the bow.

"Jou-"

Before he could finish his sentence, however, a sudden haze of boos and hatred overpowered the young man's voice. A grey blur suddenly came from behind Jouta from the crowd's direction, and what looked like a small but sharp rock impacted hard against the back of the man's head mid-bow.

The match spectators whirling around in fury as a scene began to erupt to find the rock-thrower within the crowd, a little blood was trickling down the left side of the man's forehead when he stood up from his bow.

"Jouta Shizuka, the exiled. Sorry. Tough crowd today."

He smiled slightly, before raising open palms in front of him instead of clenched fists, bending his legs and keeping very low to the ground in a somewhat strange, hunched-over fighting stance.

It was unclear if the man was waiting for the crowd to settle down or for Arara to make her first move, but for now, as dust whirled and the earth gently and melodically rumbled at the Akumagrapher's presence, Jouta didn't show any intention of making the first move.

Arara_Ico.jpg

If this had been an actual fight, she would have struck the instant after that rock had landed, taking advantage of the 'environmental' hazard that afflicted Jouta. But this wasn't an actual fight. Just a competition.

So Arara gave him three seconds to compose himself instead.

Searing brilliance coated the length of Sakanade as her eyes became sunrise, a hot breath hissing out from clenched teeth as blood-warmth spread through her entire body. Red highlights appeared in her obsidian hair, an unnatural updraft causing her hair and robes to billow. If he wasn't ready before, he'd have to be ready now.

With one swing, Arara split the clouds, an edged shockwave rushing towards Jouta.

Jouta_Ico.jpg

The shockwave's target crouching even further in his hunched position for a moment, the blade-like projectile seemed seconds off hitting the bulky man, before the man suddenly seemed to be launched upwards by something, travelling high enough for the shockwave to pass under him.

His launched body flipped once in mid-air. Thumping his hands together in midair as he was upside down, Jouta's emerald-green eyes had suddenly locked right onto Arara's; his smile and laid-back demeanor disappeared completely.

I can see your will to win. If there was another way to do this, I'd do it. But… I've got to stand and fight. That's just how it is.

As the dust cleared, a small 'board' of earth broke his fall as the man gracefully landed back onto his feet, which was probably what had launched him into the air as well. Crouching as soon as he'd landed on the board with arms either side of him, the piece of earth suddenly shot forward at a considerable speed towards his opponent, dust and mud scattering either side of the makeshift form of transport.

Going head-on to a polearm seemed a questionable approach, but just before he entered the weapon's range, Jouta skidded the board sideways, kicking up a wave of mud and dirt in front of him to obscure his next move.

Straight afterwards, slid off the sliding board, using its momentum to slip off the board whilst crouching down, a trial of dust coming behind him as he attempted a sliding kick against the sunlight-eyed servant through his wave of mud and dust.

Arara_Ico.jpg

Her polearm rattled as another blazing shockwave dispersed the wave, just in time for Arara to see the incoming kick. Crossing the shaft over to intercept the kick, the guard withstood the attack, sliding against terrain as Jouta's momentum pushed them both back and back and back. Shoulders stinging from the impact, the obsidian haired pushed her opponent back, ready for a counterattack now that both of them were in close combat. Her blood pulsed and her heart beat, as sh-

"FWEEEE!"

A whistle sounded. A victor had been decided. And, as Arara looked down, she realized the cause for that.

Out of bounds. Wrapped up as she was in defending against Jouta's kick, she had been knocked out of the arena, falling victim to the third method of 'loss', and thus…

Her eyes returned to sunset even as the boiling heat within her veins persisted. Turning stiffly to her opponent, Arara betrayed no emotion as she bowed once, willfully deaf to the voices of the crowd.

"Well fought."

Jouta_Ico.jpg

Springing back up to his feet, the gruff, now dust-caked man seemed expressionless and in deep thought as he acknowledged his opponent's parting statement with another one of his heart-held bows in return.

"...Yeah. Thank you for the match." he replied simply, his eyes scanning the crowd around him for a moment. There was no applause, despite such a feat being accomplished. Just hushed whispers. Eyes from every direction, staring at him. Eyes that glanced from him to others in sheer confusion and disgust.

Smoky-red hair covering his eyes, it looked like Jouta was about to turn away and leave, but he suddenly caught the attention of one of the overlookers of the match, the spectating area still in somewhat of a ruckus after what had happened at the start of the match.

"Stop looking for who threw that at me. I did it."

Ignoring the confusion that had started to stem from the crowd around him, Jouta turned, his signature smile returning as he looked back to his opponent.

"...Any of my other opponents would've attacked me there. But you didn't. Even when there were no rules stopping you. Even when I've seen you beat your opponents in the blink of an eye. You still held back."

At this point, Jouta was deaf to the crowd - who were simply talking and bickering amongst themselves rather than celebrating his victory - as he began to walk off the stage. Before he left, however, he halted and turned his head back to his opponent.

"...You're one of the strongest people I've ever met. Cirika is lucky to have someone like you at her side," the man commented, a small smile on his face, "we both know who would've won if this was the real thing, anyway."

With that, the two left the arena, and the match was concluded with Jouta Shizuka as the winner.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
Kiri_Ico.jpg

Kiri sighed. Cirika and her faithful minion... birds of a feather. And not the good, fluffy kinda feather pillows were made from; a really hard, scratchy, and uptight feather.

"I thought I was taking this seriously..." Kiri mused, resting her head on her fingers. "Sorry, but I can't do that. I need to come with you, or my life could be over. I'm sure you know what that feels like, yes?"

Kiri forced a smile and softly 'booped' Cirika on the nose, before turning to take a look at the scroll. So that's how it was. It made sense, and she had no complaints as she turned to enter the arena again. Before leaving through the castle gates, she offered one last reassurance to Cirika.

"And don't worry about my sleeping, I have a plan."

Kiri stepped foot into the circular arena, opposite Reiji the Tactless Bow-Monkey. It was fortunate she was fighting him, really. There was no need to hold back because she actually liked the other person.

This was the first fight in which she'd actually brought her weapon. She fiddled with the crossbow a bit. It actually looked kind of professional until she started shaking it up and down, showing that she didn't really understand how it worked. In response, the crowd uttered cries of laughter and bewilderment as they backed away from the massive potential firing arc.

"Welcome to the final matchup between Lord Shibata and... Lady Moriya!"

It was obvious from the announcer's voice that he'd struggled with some sort of emotion when shouting Kiri's name. Laughter? Fear even? He was well within the range of a stray crossbow bolt.

"Ready... and... 3... 2... 1..."

As the man counted down, Kiri finally gave up trying to figure out the crossbow and tucked it under her arm, right along with her trusty pillow. She still didn't look the slightest bit stressed or riled up, but there was an unusual focused look about her.

"BEGIN!"

Without skipping a beat, Kiri raised her hand and pointed her right index finger towards her opponent. A clay-colored glow quickly brightened on the extended finger until the light shot forward with astonishing speed.

[Awaiting Roll...][/fieldbox]

The Roll Failed!

Kiri_Ico.jpg

The bolt flew past its target, striking an overhanging tree branch, which began to sag downward. After about a second, it promptly snapped off the tree and collapsed to the ground.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Reiji Shibata, #ff8000, solid]
Reiji_Ico.jpg

A soft smile could be seen on Reiji's face when Kiri answered his comment with confusion. "Heh, sure, think what you like." He gave a short laugh. Amused by her apparent cluelessness.

Shortly after, a page walks in and announce the final matchups for the finalists... Coincidentally, he was paired up against Kiri. He would've thought that she would be an easy win. But perhaps she's not as easy as he thought she was. Despite this, Reiji walks out towards the arena with confidence.

Reiji stood on the other side of the arena. Watching over Kiri with his bow on one hand. Before the match begin, Reiji had to make a statement first... "It doesn't matter which one of us wins... After all... By being the finalist, I believe we've established ourselves as capable companion for Lady Cirika in this pilgrimage. But I won't pull my punches on you because of that... Now let's have a fair fight." He said as the crowds laughed at Kiri.

He readily put an arrow on his bowstring as the match countdown started. Slowly aiming and steadies his aim towards Kiri. Before he could do so however. He felt a quick but soft graze on his shoulder. Lowering his stance he looked back and noticed a tree branch behind him slowly falls down onto the ground.

"Hmph... Not bad." He turns his gaze towards Kiri once again. "Let's do this properly then..." He steps forward and makes a sprint towards Kiri. Putting the arrow back into his quiver, he readies a circular forceful energy on his hand. As he reaches Kiri in melee range. His hand moves forward towards Kiri's chest and then he unleashes the forceful energy to...

[/fieldbox]

Roll succeeded.

[fieldbox= Reiji Shibata, #ff8000, solid]
Reiji_Ico.jpg

Reiji manages to push Kiri away with the forceful blast of wind on his hand. Successfully pushing her out of the arena. A whistle signaling the end of the match could be heard.

"And the victor is... Lord Reiji Shibata!"

Despite his victory, Reiji calmly put his bow on his back and walk towards Kiri while extending his right hand to help her get up from the ground.

"Are you okay?"

@Luma

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Azai_Ico.jpg

There was another flurry of activity. Anzai could only stare at Jouta as he claimed that he had taken it. Anzai didn't even get why he would bother with such a small joke. Even Cirika was confused and admitted to taking the pillow. Maybe he was trying to make the group be more cohesive by taking the blame onto himself?

Not any sooner than the conclusion to that weird conversation than the messenger for the tournament arrived. He offered the list and it was apparent that the next match wasn't going to be easy. Otachi wasn't going down easy, and Anzai needed to win.

The match begun and Anzai didn't hesitate. The second the announcer said to start his blades were up and he was already starting his magic. He was inexperienced, and while he didn't want to waste too much time, letting chance see what happened to his fate on the trip wasn't something he wanted to let be.

The stalagmite rose up behind Otachi without a moment's hesitation, and with all the speed he could make it move. He was ready to strike when it came close to him.

[Used a level 4 tech! Triple Fang!]

[Waiting on Roll...]

@Rithas
[/fieldbox]

Roll Success!

Azai_Ico.jpg

The blades hovered over the Lady Otachi's neck and heart, Anzai freezing just as the whistle blew.

"I apologize, but I cannot let my status be challenged now, Lady Otachi. If I had drawn this out, you would have won, no doubt." Anzai said as he put away his swords and offered a hand to help. "It was a good match, my Lady."

[/fieldbox]

Kiri_Ico.jpg

[Month of Origin, 5th / Haschou Village, Arena]

Before Kiri had the chance to even consider her next move, she found herself lifted off the ground and hurling towards the outside of the ring. Kiri laid there in a slump for a few moments, looking as if she was considering just taking a nap right there in the middle of the street until Reiji finally offered his hand.

"Thanks," Kiri responded. She looked at the hand gratefully, but clearly did NOT want to touch it under any circumstances. Pulling herself up instead, she fluffed the pillow a bit and congratulated her opponent.

"Congratulations. You did well."

@LowDefinition[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=, white, solid]

"So, the Shizuka boy beat Arara. Tch."
"What a shame indeed. Wanted to see her smash him about a bit more."
"Oh, you're so bad."

Jouta and Arara's match ended in the former's victory.
There wasn't much fanfare, however. Merely hushed whispers.

Cirika merely closed her eyes and breathed out. At least, even if Arara didn't win, she didn't get injured either. But, there was a lesson to be learned in that match. To be aware of one's surroundings. The world beyond the Haschou's boundaries would be much more dangerous and unpredictable.

"No Lady Moriya! That tree was planted by your Grandmother!"

A member of the Moriya family yelled out in horror. The rest of the nobles and spectators watched the match on nonchalantly.

"Ah, Young Lady Moriya has been practicing her Elemental Force Control, then?"
"Still not enough. Look."

"Pushed out. Once again anticlimactic."

Not bad, Cirika thought.
Reiji didn't just outright surrender like the others who'd faced Lady Moriya today. But, he had been able to end things without anyone getting hurt too badly, either.

And Anzai...

"How fast. Young Lady Otachi didn't even have a moment to act."
"I still remember him as the bedridden one. Is this really the same boy?"

"Lord Anzai, then."

"Oh. The daughter just took the field."
"Young Lady Cirika...?"

[/fieldbox]

Cirika_Ico.jpg

The eyes in the crowd where immediately set to the girl who had just intruded onto the field. From a special section in the stands, Lord Ikkikari's page worriedly appealed to his lord.

"Lady Cirika wasn't supposed be in the match... Milord!"

Lord Ikkikari watched on.

"Surprising Lady Otachi to earn victory hasn't shown me anything that I wanted to see just now. Anzai. Even if the elders say it to be different, I believe it not to be fair that I'm the only one exempt from these finals just because it's already determined. I'm going to go ahead and prove that me being the Warder for this journey is no accident."

"Pages, please escort Lady Otachi off the field."

Chatter among the audience hummed in the background as Lady Otachi was taken off the field. Leaving only Cirika and Anzai facing on another.

Cirika drew her blade.
The force of the draw kicked up dust in it's wake.

The crowd hushed for just that moment. Simply at awe as how quickly she had drew such a large weapon from it's sheath.

Closing his eyes, Lord Ikkikari thought of this morning.
Cirka was making it sound like she was doing this in order to prove her own prominence as the first child.

"My Lord. The children mustn't fight like this! Stop them!" A frightened Lady Ikkikari pleaded to her husband.

"Yes! We don't want the young lord and lady be hurt!" The page agreed.

"Anzai isn't a child anymore, Asuka. As an Ikkikari one must put themselves at the forefront and enforce what they believe in to their fullest. Is this arena with everyone watching not the most fitting stage?"

"But... I can't stand to see them bicker with one another..."

"It's not that, Darling..." Lord Ikkikari said as he smiled. "Cirika cares for Anzai just as much as you and I do... But, If that boy can't best her on this stage. Then better he be humiliated and stay in the safety of the castle then be put at risk in a world we can't protect him from. At least, that must be what Cirika is thinking."

"Cirika would go this far...?"

Lord Ikkikari nodded. The smile on his face subsided as he focused on his two children on the field.

( "You winning or losing to him won't change anything, Cirika. My daughter... are you afraid to have someone you care for die for your sake again? Is that why?" )

"Lord Anzai and Lady Cirika.... Begin!"

Taking a determined step forward, Cirika made the first move.

"Prepare yourself Anzai...!"

"...Brandishing Tempest!"

[ Cirika Used a Level 1 Tech, Brandishing Tempest! ]

[Awaiting Roll...]

[/fieldbox]

Roll Sucessful!

Cirika_Ico.jpg

Cirika swung her sword fiercely. But it was short, much to short to be of any danger.
The split second that Anzai thought that cost him dearly. The blast of wind that him was actually the vortex formed by his sister's Force Manipulation over wind.

His body topped around in the twisters violently. He was helpless until the thrashing cone of wind burst apart, sending the twisting winds exploding apart.

Anzai Plopped onto the ground before Cirika to her convenience.

Lord Ikkikair's face remained stoic even as his wife and the page averted their eyes.

There was no need for the Cirika to point her blade at his neck or anything like Anzai had done with Lady Otachi earlier. The winner of the match was already clear, with Anzai sprawled out like a rag-doll before Cirika.

"So that's the extent of your strength then, Anzai..."

The disheartened and dissapointed expression on his sister's face was more painful than his hard landing on the ground.

It was just like the match with Tsuma. She was holding back.
But even with Cirika holding back, he still had lost to her. That realization was endlessly frustrating.

"...there's no need for both of us to go on the pilgrimage. If you can't stand on par with me, then you should be a good child and stay at home in the castle."

"Oh. That's lady Cirika for you."
"Surprised she was able to get him with Wind Force."
"Surprised?"
"She could've slashed him apart. She's excellent with that Dai Blade. But, probably didn't want to seriously injure him. He's her brother after all."

Turning around, Cirika left as the pages began to spoil over Anzai for injuries. Much to the chargin of the peasants. Of course the Daimyo's son would get looked over even for minor scratches.

With that, the exhibition ended.
It was announced that those chosen for the pilgrimage would get notices to the families later on.
In the meantime, the festivities for the day would continue on in the village plaza.

Anzai remained there in the center of the field, even as the audience to the fights and his mother and father and sister departed.

The other finalists couldn't help but be drawn to the young man
, whom had just been defeated in front of everyone.

[/fieldbox]

@Karyra
@_Everyone

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Luma
Arara_Ico.jpg

Whereas all others were drawn to the sickly youth that had been defeated in a blustery instant, Arara drew into herself instead. Though Jouta's words may be considered kind and humble by some, it was the height of conceit in the eyes of the spearwoman. Giving her credit when she lost, extrapolating a defeat if it was a real fight, as if she hadn't been giving her all within the constraints of the tournament format.

Pissed her off. Pissed her off enough that she could shake away the guilt of such a humiliating, swift loss after getting so far. To train more than any of them, and yet to fall so quickly all the same. Her knuckles creaked, bone-white against her beloved naginata, before she cast one last gaze at the boy.

Then, alongside Cirika, she left, ever the subservient bodyguard.
@Ehb
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Jouta Shizuka, #ff4d4d, solid]
Leaving the arena for a moment in deep thought, Jouta supposed he and Arara were the first to finish up. Seeing that other matches were almost done, Jouta searched in his pockets for another chewing stick, before he heard a young, male voice suddenly call out behind him.

"Jouta smells of pee."

Instantly recognizing the voice, Jouta whirled around, a short boy flipping what looked like a wooden coin in his fingers, leaning against the back of the wall.
"C'mon. You shouldn't be in here, you know that," Jouta grumbled, looking around somewhat worriedly. Thankfully, everyone seemed to distracted with the other matches to notice him. How'd he even get in here? Rubbing his chin, he gave a quick glance to the short, ashen-haired kid. "...Well? How'd I perform? Will the kids stop bullying you about your crappy older brother, now?"

The kid smiled slightly, but it quickly disappeared as he tried to put up some sort of uninterested gaze.
"You sucked. I could've done way better." The kid replied blankly, pocketing the wooden coin. He seemed more interested in looking at some indentations in the wall than into Jouta's eyes, "anyway, Mum n' everyone said good luck n' all that. I'm goin' now."

The rugged man's little brother seemed ready to run off, but before he did, he seemed to bite his lip a little, before running into Jouta for a quick hug.
"...Thanks for winning. Make sure you come back."
"I will. We'll be out of this mess when I'm back. I promise." Jouta replied, ruffling his hair a little. The boy kicked his older brother's shin, hard, before running off with a distant expression.

Turning his attention back to the battles, it seemed Jouta was just in time to watch Cirika's unexpected entrance to Anzai's battle. The fight was very shortlived, and the silver-haired girl seemingly left her brother with some harsh words, before leaving.

Jouta couldn't help but feel like he respected Cirika a little less as a result of her actions. He could understand she cared about Anzai, but... the guy had been sick his whole life, and finally chose this chance to prove himself. And then she ruined his moment of glory by doing this? It just didn't feel right in Jouta's stomach, greater good or not.

He felt for the guy. Truly. Perhaps Jouta wasn't the best at 'fixing things' - he knew that - but he still wanted to try and reassure Anzai somewhat. Waiting till the crowd fully died down, when Anzai still didn't stand up, Jouta began to walk over to him.

"Hey." Jouta called out quietly, looking at Anzai for moment. He debated offering him a hand up, but the guy probably just wanted his own space, for now.

"I've got no right to say anything. I know that. But... for what it's worth, I think you're a tough guy. More than tough enough for the journey." Jouta paused for a moment, before smiling slightly, flashing Anzai a brief thumbs up. "I reckon you've still got plenty of chances to prove her wrong, but... you forge your own path, after all. Will you be coming with us?"

@Karyra / @Everyone approaching Anzai
[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.