1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Futanari
9efa825efb5e41d5565f0150a86a9929.jpg

"I don't know who started this war...but i do know who will end it. Go now, little ones. It's all up to you now~ " - Alfred Pennyworth

IN CHARACTER THREAD

Approved Character Slots

Bloodhound
Helios
Technokind
Phoenix

Red Queen
Alias Here

So, i don't know about ya'll, but for me i think my love for superheroes originally spawned from a little TV show that aired on Cartoon Network known only as 'Teen Titans'. I remember at one point when i was a kid i was watching this show with such a lovable cast and intricate character development and thinking 'this is the best thing ever'. Needless to say i was totally floored and i guess that is where my 'real' love for superheroes spawned. For those of you who might remember the show or are big fans, it is basically a series revolving around the conflicts a young group of teenagers pulled into the world of superheroes. The Boy Wonder, splitting off from Batman to come into his own identity, the Alien Ditz who was chased from her home world after a coup. The disfigured machine who was caught in an accident, the devil with a halo, running from her terrible fate. And the goofy outcast.

In this roleplay signup i wanted to bring things back around to this theme but set it in a slightly more 'realistic' and 'gritty' setting. Real teenagers, dealing with real issues, balancing their personal lives with their night life all while a mysterious organization rises from the shadows which causes the world to plunge into chaos. The Justice League is in shambles as heroes go missing by the day, the governments are issuing lockdowns and curfews in almost every major city by order of a president who seems to have a dark secret. And villains being released onto the streets with no one to stop them.

Seems a plot i brewing and with Superman presumed dead and Batman missing, a certain Butler has utilized the skills of his trade to seek out and unite young, wandering souls to join forces and assist him in not only salvaging what has been lost but also protecting all that remains. But with the fate of so many resting on the shoulders of restless, confused teenagers all that is for certain is that things may not go according to plan.

~

7d481575f31f0bf49196ada006697199.jpg

The Setup

So this roleplay will take place in the DCU and will be completely separate from any of the stories you have come to know and love to allow for some creative freedom. That also means that there will be no canon characters, only well made, well constructed OCs design to fit into this world. That being said however you are allowed so say, create the apprentice of a character you may enjoy or have a character be linked to a canon character in some way shape or form. Either way, i want characters with real weaknesses, real problems, and of course be somewhat understandable. This is not an RP designed for the 'Supermans' and 'Wonder Womans' that can go toe to toe with the biggest of baddies.

These will, in the end, still be 'kids' trying to find their way in a world that is changing all around them. Rather they are vigilantes, outcast trying to keep a low profile, or those who hide themselves and deny their powers. I would like to see some variety in the cast here. That, and this roleplay will only have a small collection of characters. This group will consist of about six or seven characters all together and each should have vastly different skills and abilities. Last thing we need are two robins on the same team, things will get redundant if we do that.

The Story will take place away from Gotham in the city of Los Angeles, California. Alfred Pennyworth using the vast Wayne Fortune to create something of a hideaway in the city after the Batman gave him the directive to find those who could rise to the challenge after The League was compromised. He then finds young people from across the world and gathers them, the way this story will begin is with a 'test' As all stories do.

~

68da18b25ace411ef10041e32972ebfc.jpg

Character Creation

Ok so, character creation for this roleplay will not be that complicated. I will not demand an entire essay about how your character came to be and long, drawn out histories. What i do require however is basic information about who they are, a brief, personality description which can be summed up in bullet points if you so wish. How they dress, their financial situation, and a brief synopsis of their backstory. Remember, these are kids, i doubt they will have 20 years of military experience so lets keep things nice and tight shall we?

Aside from those minor details, what i will need to be more explored is the 'powers' of a character. I do not mind strong characters, what i don't want to see is OP characters that can 'handwave' problems away because they are invincible or so intelligent they can tell you an entire solution to a problem designed to be difficult to solve. A mentioned above, these are kids. Most of them probably won't have that much of a grip on their powers so lets bare this in mind when creating them.

More importantly however. I want to see weaknesses in these characters. Powers to a characters should have soft and hard counters and every ability should have something it 'cannot' do. But not only do i want to see flaws in a characters physical abilities and powers, i also want to see flaws in them as characters. Deep insecurities leading to anxiety, temporary memory loss, perhaps a character gets a horrible stutter when nervous which makes it difficult for them to socialize. I wan't to see more than 'loner' or 'geek'. Try to give us something to latch onto!

Below will be a simple mock up of the template. Feel free to decorate and format to your hearts content.

Name: John & Jane Doe
Alias: Robin? Cyborg? Ect
Species: Human? Mutated Beast? Alien?
Homeland: The UK? Russia? Mars?
Education: High School? Home School?

Personality: A brief Overview will do nicely, feel free to be as simple or complex as you'd like.

Appearance: How do they dress? Punk Rocker? College Kid? How about their costume?

History: I don't need to know how many archery contest their grandparents won. Just the important info is needed her. Car accidents, their struggles, ect.

Powers & Skills: This is where the meat should be and where i will be the most critical when it comes to approval.

Last edited:
I have a few ideas, one being a fireball in a literal and figurative sense. I ended up waking up and checking Iwaku so I will have a CS up for you in a few hours but you definitely have my interest. I've also got an idea for a Radiation Manipulator. Is there a set year for this as I could even tie her into the Soviet Era, east Germany with deep ties to the Stasi and soviet era experimentation.

Your fucking avatar just had me wheezing oh my god.

*Ahem*

Anyway, yeah, feel free to shoot out your ideas. And this will take place in a gritty 2019 of sorts but you can have characters that are out of their time era. My character is actually going to be one of these but she won't be coming in till later since i will be DMing for the first part of the thread. @Mook-LandStrider

AcJ1JvC.png

C42bjNP.png

"Whats wrong young wolf, don't you hear the hunt calling?"

Name: Vanya V. Valentine
Alias: Bloodhound
Species: Vycan
Homeland: Paris, France
Education: N/A

A8Q1gDz.png

zxdHqYu.png

Vanya V. Valentine, sometimes referred to by her allies as 'The Huntress' and to her enemies as 'Bloodhound' is a elusive and mysterious young woman who appears to possess an unhealthy obsession with something known only as 'The Great Hunt'. One of the very last of a species that was thought to be wiped off the face of the earth Vanya appears to be someone out of touch with the current time era. While her origins are shrouded in mystery and the details about her her as a person tend to be layered in various rumors depending on who is spinning the tale there is one thing that is for certain. She. Is. Not. Human.

This Gothic young lady is highly emotional and overwhelmingly passionate. She is an expressive woman that does not shy away from clinging to every emotion that can be felt or displayed openly. Vanya is cheerful, polite, and eerily whimsical which tends to throw people off considering the visual theme she seems to possess. Her hobbies are vast and plentiful, having a particular passion for art in all its various forms should it be painting, literature, spoken word, music, and even dance. She oozes charisma and drips with such energetic gusto that she tends to rub people the wrong way. Having a blatant disregard for personal boundaries and social norms Vanya is a free spirit that operates with no oversight.

Vanya' personality can very easily be condensed down and defined by five key characteristics which she openly displays without even a hint of shame: Her hedonism, her blatant narcissism, her ruthlessness, her need to be validated in the eyes of the Allfathers, and her obsessive nature when it comes to 'The Great Hunt', the ritualistic hunting of powerful and dangerous prey within the world. As a hedonist, she displays a certain passion for all things grandiose in nature. Enjoying opulence, extravagant displays of might, talent, entertainment, and pleasures of all kinds. She believes her happiness is the only thing she should pursue and as a result refuses to involve herself in silly political squabbles or great struggles as she sees them as beneath her.

A8Q1gDz.png

2bXNggQ.png

BLOODLINE OVERVIEW

Thrill of the Hunt

Vanya possesses what is seen by humanity as both the curse of vampirism as well as lycanthropy, an affliction she was born with as well as other members of the Valentine Family. As a result of this unholy merging Vanya has gained a keen sense of smell and hearing, these traits mainly hailing from her Lycan blood. Her ability to identify and track targets is akin to that of a bloodhound, capable of following scents that are days old and smelling a drop of blood from miles away. Her senses are what make her such an effective hunter but this also becomes a double edged sword. Her senses are dialed to eleven and thus foul, rotten scents and loud, mind ringing noises are both effective weaknesses to the huntress. She becomes incapacitated when high pitched noises hit her ears and extremely nauseous and dizzy when met with unpleasant scents.

The Black Wolf

When shifted into her Lycan form Vanya takes the shape of a malevolent, feral beast. Being so young and often resisting the monster within her she has yet to master herself and tame her curse and as a result when she does shift she becomes completely crazed and turns into a feral monstrosity. Her instinct to hunt, kill, and stalk overruns her logical mind and makes her a prisoner as the wolf takes over. This makes her both a danger to not only her friends or whatever allies may be around her but also to innocent civilians who may end up prey to the beast. While in this form Vanya gains increased strength, stamina, and speed. Not to mention the size of her wolf form rivals that of a fully grown man, making her an effective killing machine. However, while in this form she is particularly vulnerable to pure silver weapons and wolfs bane, a plant that can infect her with a horrible sickness that kills her slowly overtime and prevents her from shifting back to either form.

Devour

In relation to her vampire curse Vanya has the unique ability to consume the blood of other humanoid beings. When said blood is consumed she gains physical benefits or weaknesses depending on the health of the individual she devours. For example, if feeding from a strong, healthy human she will gain increased senses, become faster, stronger, and more 'alive', also healing mortal wounds that may be killing her and very rapidly. However, should she feed from someone with an illness or dirty blood, she becomes severely sick and physically weaker as a result. However, when biting an individual she has the chance to 'sire' another hybrid like herself should she decide to infect them, however, the process for becoming a hybrid is a very painful and agonizing transition and very, very few have ever been known to survive the ordeal. Vanya herself however never, under any circumstances feeds from humans, choosing to simply save the blood of animals within flask and creating 'blood tablets' via alchemy to keep herself sustained. Which brings us to another major flaw of this ability. Should Vanya fail to consume blood for longer than a couple days she becomes 'feral', this is connected to her Lycan curse. Failure to feed will trigger an involuntary instinctual response and she will be forced into her Lycan form to feed. This is also triggered should she devour too much and over indulge which will give her an uncontrollable bloodlust.

Command & Obey
Upon direct eye contact Vanya can compel a humanoid upon direct eye contact. Those she attempts to compel however can easily resist this and it works ideally on those who are distressed, unfocused, or emotional. It is much harder to compel someone who is in a clear state of mind and completely calm and thus it becomes less effective in certain settings. Additionally, those with strong minds and powerful wills cannot be compelled at all unless forced into situations where their will is broken. Once compelled the target follows the order and intent of Vanya to the very best of their ability, regardless of the order. But should said order be something so completely against their nature such as commanding a honest, kind woman to murder an innocent child the compulsion can be resisted and potentially broken should they fight hard enough. On top of that, overuse of this ability can result in severe migraines and crippling internal pain. Certain herbs can break a target out of this trance as well, such as garlic and holywater. Additionally after being compelled the victim shows signs of them being drained mentally and physically. Speech becomes slurred, they begin to appear sickly and sluggish and eventually the compulsion will break after the body gives out and they victim loses connection with the Vampire who compelled them. However, the victim can be sustained with regular contact with the vampire who compelled them. Also, the side effects can be negated should Vanya release her grip on the victim early.

The Sight
An ability that Vanya shares with her familiar, she is capable of linking her mind with her familiar and seeing through the eyes of her companion. This unique ability also links itself unto whomever she may feed off of should she decide to inflict it upon the unfortunate soul. This ability was bestowed upon Vanya after she summoned her familiar, a rite of passage for the Valentine Family after they made their pact with demons during their conception. And it is effective for recon and scouting ahead without endangering oneself. This allows V to get a leg up on those who may be attempting to flee from her as well as help her keep an eye out for potential danger when alone. The downside to this specific ability is she is mentally linked to her familiar, and thus any damage it sustains she also will feel and the loss of her familiar can result is severely damaging physiological harm.

WEAKNESSES & DRAWBACKS

TrB73N6.png

The First Curse
Vanya comes from a line of Witches & Warlocks who made a pact with demons in order to attain power, this pact not only demanded a heavy toll on the Coven, it also granted them the ability to practice extremely potent and powerful black magic which they used to infect themselves with an enhanced variation of Lycanthropy and Vampirism which cursed their bloodline beyond all repair. As a result of this blood curse the Valentine Family grew very powerful in some fields but also became extremely vulnerable in other regards. The primary example of this is the fact they can no longer practice any other form of magic aside from Blood Magic and Black Magic, the two arts in which they were famous for preforming. Never can they attempt elemental magic or any other form of arcane without it severely backfiring and killing them. Additionally, Vanya and anyone with her bloodline suffer a crippling weakness to divine and holy magic which serves as not only a direct counter but possibly their greatest weakness beyond all else. With their blood cursed and their affiliation for the devils arcane when faced with Light Magic they are put at a great disadvantage.

The Daywalker

While Vanya retains her ability to walk in the light and not take damage from direct sunlight like other lesser vampires, she is however put at a heavily disadvantage for physical activity. She becomes slower, weaker, more frail and easily exhausted. This effect is lessened when in the shadows or not under direct sunlight. Additionally, while her skin takes no damage from sunlight she can be burned by special forms of light such as highly concentrated UV rays which can cause significant damage to her.

Lust for Blood

As mentioned above when failing to feed for longer than two days upon the blood of a sentient creature Vanya gains an unquenchable thirst and is forced into a frenzied state and is naturally forced into her wolfskin as a primal instinct. She then prowls in search for blood and will only turn back when consuming the life of another. Additionally, there is a balance to this. While a lack of feeding forces her into a feral state, over indulgence will also do the same and consuming more than a gallon of blood at once will force her into a frenzied bloodlust.

Silver Lance

A weakness inherited by her Lycan blood, Vanya gains an increased vulnerability to weapons made of Silver which cause extreme pain when piercing her skin and entering her bloodstream, causing her to become crippled and poisoned. The pain caused by silver is agonizing and incapacitating, it can be negated by antidotes prepared via alchemy but the ingredients for a cure are extremely expensive and hard to come by.

Bright Eyes

Similar to Daywalker, while her body takes physical disadvantage when in direct sunlight Vanya' eyes are *extremely* sensitive to all forms of light. When her glasses are removed and her eyes are exposed if a bright light is shined into her eyes she is completely blinded and suffers excruciating pain, additionally, constant exposure to light will force her into a semi-state of blindness, making everything blurry and out of focus which can impair her ability to function as a normal person.

YIMyRUW.png

Beast Suppression
A common weakness associated with Lycans is a plant that can be found scattered across the world in jungle environments and open fields. Lunar Flowers, or as they are commonly referred to as 'Wolfsbane'. This plant, when crushed down into its core components and coated onto darts, arrows, or blades, has the ability to halt a Lycans ability to shift between human and beast form, locking them into whatever state they happen to be in at the time. Additionally, it represses their keen senses such as their sense of smell, their night-vision, and their sense of hearing. When wolfsbane is introduced to the bloodstream it effectively poisons the lycan and removes their heightened senses by nullifying them and corrupting them, ridding them of their greatest advantage. With their senses completely removed and weakened this effect last four several hours in small doses and potentially days in large doses. This is a common weapon used against the beast in Lycan Hunting which Vanya herself utilizes from time to time. However, the Valentine Family found a better use for this plant. Being half Lycan themselves Wolfsbane is often a critical ingredient used to create small pills via alchemy that is designed to keep a young Bloodhunter from giving in to the urges pressured on them by full moons. It is given to young hunters who are still getting a grip on their accursed bloodline, Vanya herself is still not in control of her inner beast and uses these wolfsbane-laced pills to keep herself from shifting during full moons and losing herself to her inner wolf. However, the drawback of taking these pills is that she then becomes almost 'drunk', unable to coordinate properly and thus making her pretty useless for about an entire night. Additionally, while the moon cannot effect the body it does take a heavier toll on the mind, after taking the pill and facing the moon she becomes far more emotional and prone to violent outburst. Her body becomes weak, her senses dulled and fire feels like its burning in her veins as she stumbles around sweating and wheezing. Becoming exhausted from the simplest of task~

[IMG]

Corrupt Senses

Another common, yet not well known weakness that can be used against Lycans is their extremely heightened senses. While it is often seen as a blessing, being able to hear, see, and smell almost everything around them it is also a double edged sword that can be used as a weapon by the cunning. For example, Vanya can track almost anything and anyone for miles by scent alone, capable of smelling a drop of blood in the air for miles. This is a great advantage...but say someone took the foulest smells they could find from rotten foods, mold, and other grotesque things and formulated some kind of 'stink bomb'. This would stop Vanya in her tracks, completely corrupting her sense of smell and driving her away as she becomes nauseous and sick from the potency of the smell. The same can be applied to her sense of hearing, high pitch sounds and screeching sounds can very easily cripple her just as easily as a foul scent.

7bT8gdl.png

D4Uh5p0.png

Witching Hour

Vanya is saturated in the dark energies and is a beacon of dark magic, practically dripping with foul, toxic energy that can be felt with her sheer presence. Because of her lineage Vanya is has been drawn to these mysterious forces and has a knack for Black Magic of all kinds, even taking study from the Nightsisters of New Orleans. She can manipulate spiritual energy, bend the blood of her enemies to her very will and summon all manner of wicked creatures with complex rituals and spells such as one she favors which allows her to take the shape of a small animal or creature, her preferred ones being a Raven and a Serpent. Many of her spells require some form of setup and preparation to preform, while her more potent abilities can naturally be cast to bring woe upon her enemies.

zIIkWtI.png

The Phantom

Vanya, given her connection with her demon familiar allows her to temporarily force her body into a supernatural 'ethereal-like' entity which gives Vanya the ability to push her body through physical matter in order to bypass obstructions in her path. She uses this ability mainly for infiltration, entering buildings and locations she otherwise wouldn't be able to access through 'the front door'. Her ability is limited, but what she can do is significant enough to allow her the freedom to go anywhere and do anything without being pestered by security measures. However, when in this state she is not immune to all damage and other ghost or spirits can cause her harm when she crosses planes like this. She is also vulnerable to metaphysical damage such as energy based attacks or spiritual attacks which can bypass her ability to 'phase' and hit her directly.

A8Q1gDz.png

UZuFEPZ.jpg

rHBJdto.png

The Valentine Timeline

Chapter I | The Crimson Coven: During the 14th Century deep within France a sisterhood of Nuns, dedicated to the teachings of god saw the dark forces corrupting the world around them as demons sought to destroy all which they held dear. In desperation, these women of The Cloth abandoned The Church under the order of The Pope to fight fire with fire. The sisterhood took up the study of witchcraft and sold their souls to the devil himself to attain the knowledge and the power to fight off the forces of The Night. These witches then founded their own coven created for the sole purpose of using their dark magic in service of The Church to destroy the evil forces that threatened them.

Chapter II | Blood Moon Ritual: After many years of servicing The Church in complete secret, The Valentine Family began to plant the seeds that would secure their future. After building the foundation for what they where the Elder Witches of the Valentine Family prepared for a ritual during the Blood Moon that appeared once every hundred years. During the ritual the Valentines made a pact with demons from another realm, bonding themselves to a contract and in the process altering their own blood which corrupted the Valentines bloodline and cursed them with both great power and great burden. This pact granted them increased performance in their magic, allowing them to use their familiars to amplify the potency of their black magic.

Chapter III | Bloodborn: After completing the ritual the Valentine Family began to study different methods of magic in attempts to find a way to create the perfect hunters. The Valentine Family were famed beast hunters, slayers of witches, demons, spirits, undead, cryptids, and other supernatural or malevolent creatures of the night. Eventually they managed to get a hold of a potent strain of Vampire blood as well as Lycan blood and dedicated time to combining the curses within a single host via blood magic. After many failures and botched attempts they managed to successfully infect their already cursed bloodline with the strain, creating a hybrid between the two illnesses which mutated and evolved into something much more powerful. Gaining both the perks and flaws of both sicknesses along with added abilities unique to their specific strain which became embedded into the family bloodline which became passed down from generation to generation, making the original 'illness' that infected innocents around the world into a valuable asset that allowed the Valentine Family used to their advantage in their hunting of the creatures of the night, including their own kind.

Chapter IV | The Blood Hunters: After the success of the blood ritual the Valentine Family created a new order of hunters that were originally known as 'Prowlers' by the family itself. Learning control over their newfound gifts and utilizing everything they had previous learned and mixing their blood magic, arcane knowledge, and the traits of their enhanced bloodline to fully dedicate their lives to what they came to call 'The Great Hunt'. For centuries the Valentine Family become infamous for their work, gaining skepticism and fear from the general populace who suspected them of Black Magic and dealing with the devil, but due to their contributions to society most turned a blind eye to the Blood Hunters and their work. But as time went on and people began to understand just what their accursed blood was capable of Prowlers then gained a number of nicknames from humans. Blackbloods, Nightstalkers, Darkspawn, and a collection of titles that humans used to dehumanize the Valentine Family and discriminate against them. Despite their work they do eventually humans began to despise and fear them just as much as they did the beast they dedicated themselves to hunting. Most nations ex communicated the Valentine Family and were sentenced to exile and while they happily shouldered the hate it is this sense of fear and mistrust that lead to the downfall of the Valentine Family.

Chapter V | The Valentine Massacre: It is still unclear to this day what led to the Valentine Family Genocide, some suspect that the supernatural creatures they had preyed on for centuries returned to reap vengeance of the family. Others think that The Templar Order had something to do with it, others think the Valentines simply destroyed themselves. Whatever the case my be what followed that tragic day was an act of murder so foul that it left the land scarred and the rivers poisoned red. The Valentines slaughtered like cattle, women crucified, children decapitated, and entire families blood hunter or not dismembered and their heads put on spikes around the countryside they occupied. It was believed that after that day the Prowlers were no more, and seeing as those who did escape were hunted and killed as well left most believing that was the end of the Valentine Family. And they were right...until recently a mysterious young huntress appeared dawning the mark of the Blood Hunter, the last Valentine~

Alright, here is Naomi.

cooltext335634248680864.png

Name: Naomi Quanta
Alias: Helios/Sol
Species: MetaHuman/Experiment
Homeland: East Germany, Berlin
Education: Home Schooled

cooltext335634343273766.png

Naomi is as a person a survivor and as a experiment meant to be a survivor. She has had a life of turmoil and pain in a way very few have experienced. Raised in a lab she was exposed to many different trials and experiments meant to push her ability to the limit. Her body has been burned, punished, deprived of oxygen and nutrients as well as baked with every form of radiation humans are capable of mustering. This has led her to take a more distant look at the world. Despite this she remains as cheerful as she can.

Even after everything Naomi keeps as happy of an attitude as she can. She is often seen smiling, humming and laying around in the grass as well as sleeping where ever she pleases. While she keeps a happy face Namoi is a girl with many skeletons in her closet. She is prone to emotional instability, a result of not knowing how to take someones actions or even from something triggering memories of her time in a lab. Despite this she relishes in the activities of daily life, never one to take anything given to her or anything being done for her for granted.

Everything to her is in one way or another rather new as once she was unfrozen she was still kept in relative isolation. While she was socialized in some ways by those that came to keep tabs on her it wasn't until she was 16 that she was finally allowed to go out and experience the world as it truly was. To say the least it was a shock and she is still coming to terms with it. Despite the overload she takes everyday in stride not letting her head willingly look back into her past.

However, Naomi is lacking in boundaries, personal space and social skills. Her time in isolation shows as she is naive to many of the dangers of the world. She seeks attention and affirmation of her doing well more than anything else. She wants to feel loved and to love as much as she can and on as many people as possible. She is quick to hug and even faster to start up a conversation even if it is about a random topic. Naomi is in all a energetic ball of energy that some people just aren't able to handle. She has come far but she still has a very long way to go in order to become a fully working human being. She has laid the ground work, but it will take interactions with others to finish it.

Personality Positives
Merciful: Naomi is merciful, always hoping that there is another path to take when it comes to judgement.

Jovial: She is always joking and mild mannered, rarely seen to be upset from an outside standpoint.

Giddy: One word to easily describe Naomi, she is always happy go lucky or is as much as she can. She seems excited for even the most mundane things. Because to her, it may be the first time she is experiencing it.

Gregarious: Fond of company, always trying to be around others she considers friends. She loves having people around her, no matter who they are. She is a person who enjoys feeling apart of something.

Loyal: Once Naomi has figured out that you truly mean her no harm she will latch onto you and will not let go unless yanked off. She is incredibly clingy in a sense, wanting to make the other person proud of her.

Outgoing: She is always seen doing something, rarely sitting around and doing nothing. It could be painting rocks, picking flowers, reading a book or even exercising she is always up to something... good or mischievous.

Personality Negatives
PTSD:
Naomi struggles immensely with certain things that have occurred in her past. Her time in the lab had been a living nightmare for the girl.

-Fear of enclosed spaces
-Mild aversion to fire
-Hospitals and white walled rooms.
-The smell of antibiotics and being forced to take medication
-Needles and surgical equipment
(I will have more as it happens IC but these are the majors.)

Mental barriers: No matter how friendly and caring Naomi may appear she is always internally paranoid about almost every decision she makes. She is afraid it will come back to hurt her or make her suffer in some way shape or form. This comes from tests in which Naomi had to choose and option and if incorrect she was shocked. It has left a mark on her subconscious.

Rapid Mood swings: Naomi is prone to going from 100 to 0 in an instant as well as the other way around. This is both from her own internal trauma as well as her power fluctuating and making her feel tired or energized. She will rarely get angry but she is capable of being giddy one second and being horribly depressed the next. Though these swings often are accompanied by a trigger.

Kleptomaniac: She will take anything she finds attractive, sparkly, shiny or enjoyable. Though she will only take these items if she is convinced that it doesn't belong to someone or it was lost by someone... both of which she can easily convince herself of. She has a tendency to hoard the items and place them around her room in oddly specific locations. Despite this she will return the item if someone asks her about it without hesitation.

Sexually Naive: Naomi has had very little interaction with the opposite sex outside of Alfred and Bruce. Due to this she doesn't pick up on flirting, Innuendos have a tendency to go over her head fast enough to take her hair with it. While she does find some men attractive she doesn't know how to go about talking to them in a way to show she is interested.

Social Naivety: Naomi has had few real world experiences outside of her interactions with those that have handled her. She doesn't understand many forms of boundaries and social cues. She is the type to come barreling in knocking down all of the other personal personal boundaries to deliver a hug. Despite her lack of understanding she is able to pick up on anger and happiness rather easily.

Immense curiosity: She is the type of person to be curious about absolutely everything. She would put a fork in an outlet if it weren't for seeing the outcome on television and in movies. She constantly seeks out new things and is always trying to figure out the who, what, when, where and how even if someone tells her it is inherently dangerous.

cooltext335634384008441.png

anDtVTOlBgGF7vIzwwW_SA7x9pXpI3YI7QHRGI8IsrhfG5F0wWIuzKVa55nl6D7-YxOICS4dRXn_j3kYREYCuRjvpFW5u_j0AWLcBT2a49iId9aM7W-nuiHuCgq9H7m4MstfLErG

kkP3wqLiZO1QMdyLbbqlSBcGalYV93SQ3v1HE7U2VTxs152ZPuvfchaJkK25YBDaFH7obvlsi7Q6arNaQIQRQIvSuCTAhU2nu60S0thXRzCFXD7nH2Puppc8PKNMAQft1t6Hupl-

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 144
Hair: Red
Eyes: Blue

Clothing Style:
Naomi has yet to formally find a style of clothing she likes above all the others. She tends to fall towards more of a punky style of clothing but still manages to find her way back to dresses, pajamas and T-shirts. She isn't an overly fancy individual but tends to go towards things that reflect her natural glow in a way that is appealing to her in the mirror.

Physical Marks:
Naomi has several scars across her body that have yet to heal. One is across the center of her chest from a dissection only two weeks before her being frozen.

A second large scar is on her back from a jet of fire being sent at her in a testing chamber. It caused third degree burns and has never fully healed, she is very self conscious about this mark.

The third and most distinctive marking is more of a brand. Pressed onto her right shoulder is the Greek symbol Alpha, defining that she is the progenitor.

cooltext335634651514080.png

Naomi’s origins lie in the final years of the Soviet Union. It was in East Germany that Naomi’s entire being was conceived. She was to be the first of a new line of humans. A forced evolution that would see humanity branch out into the stars. She was to be a cosmonaut… a Russian astronaut. However, as the Soviet Union collapsed and the Berlin wall fell much began to change. What was originally a Soviet backed facility began to transition back to the East Germans.

With the information of what was happening now transferred into the hands of the Germans the Russian’s backed out of the facility, yet they continued to monitor the development through internal agents. It was in 1986 that Naomi came into being. A forced evolution of a human embryo, the beginning of something more… all the samples and dissections of powered humans had led to this moment for the facility. She was to be stronger, more durable and able to survive out in space. She was to be able to absorb the radiation of the stars and weather their storm unhindered. All of this came to be, and yet it was still beyond what they had expected.

Naomi began to show promise of something more. Instead of just being able to absorb the radiation, she began to show the signs of radiation generation. She could turn objects on through touch, irradiate people and even in some situations release a gamma ray burst. It began to become dangerously obvious that the creation they had spent so long on was starting to spiral out of their control. The lab was not built for the type of being Naomi was, it was not designed to prevent Radiation from leaking into the facility.

Despite the dangers, the facility continued its testing. Their knowledge on how Naomi reacted to tests began to grow and before long they began to get a grasp on what caused the bursts. However, by this time the files of the Stasi and KGB operatives of what once was East Germany fell into the hands of the west. Before long, the experiments began to increase in intensity, their drive abandoning all signs of morals. They began to push Naomi to her limits, depriving her of oxygen, setting her on fire and baking her with gamma rays they tried to run as many tests as they could.. However they didn’t count on Naomi’s reactions to these brutal trials.

Everything came to a head when Naomi ended up being decently hurt by one of the doctors Naomi’s body surged as a burst of radiation enveloped the facility, setting off Dosimeters and causing several of the nearby scientists to begin to develop acute radiation sickness. The outburst had set in motion far more than just the death of many of the scientists… the German government had begun to pick up increased radiation above the facility, it was past the point of concern.

Within two weeks of the burst the government sent in a force to raid the facility and shut it down. The raid while successful ended up setting in motion several events. The first being those bankrolling the facility lost their prize. The second was that Naomi was put into cryostasis to safely make the journey to the United States and soon found herself the prisoner of a genetics research lab at the age of 11. She remained in Stasis until she was found in 2013 by the Justice Leagues Batman.

Following her release it became evident that she wasn’t a product of the shadow company Black Light Bio-Technologies but rather a product of the cold war. Despite her unease around Wayne he was taken in and contained for a time, allowing him to watch her and observe what exactly she was. She was taught English over the period of the following weeks before homeschooling began once they came to the conclusion that she wasn’t a willing candidate to become what she was.

The following years passed rather fast as Naomi began to get a basic grasp on her powers. She had begun to make strides in containing and manipulating most forms of Radiation including the visible spectrum. With her newfound control she was finally allowed to take walks around the grounds of the building she was held at, allowed to finally begin to interact with the world.

cooltext335634674741821.png

Radiation Absorption:

Naomi’s whole being having been designed to survive outside of the earth's atmosphere she is able to absorb great deals of radiation before succumbing to the mass amount of energy contained within her body. Once she has reached a critical level of energy she will need to find a way to release it or turn it into another form of radiation, one less harmful to those around her for a controlled release of light on the EM Spectrum.

Weaknesses:

Naomi can only absorb so much light, energy and cosmic radiation before she reaches a point of self immolation. While she is for all intents and purposes immune to radiation she is still susceptible to mass amounts of energy being poured into her being and overcharging the girl.

The more Radiation that Naomi absorbs the more energy she will have coursing through her body. She will begin to burn through her body fat immensely as she tries to regulate the surging energy. On top of this it begins to affect her state of mind, driving her to take more risks, empowered by the energy barely contained within her.

Radiation Constructs:

Due to the inherent lack of resources and tools that would be available to those in space Naomi has the ability to create tools, objects, weapons and semi-living constructs to aid her in her actions when there are no tools to fit the job at hand. These constructs are contained and do not release radiation outwardly until making contact with whatever entity/object they are colliding with.

Weaknesses:

Naomi’s tools are only as strong has her belief in her abilities. If one can get under her skin or if she is already in a depressed state of mind her constructs will already be weakened immensely. This stacks on top of her physical energy. The longer she holds up a construct the more it weighs on her body, burning up her energy like a wildfire.

If knocked unconscious Naomi’s constructs will fade from existence leaving no trace of what once there. They will not leave lingering Radiation nor will they reside for any moment following Naomi’s slip into unconsciousness.

Ionic/Radiation Attacks:

An unexpected addition to Naomi’s creation was her ability to focus EM Radiation in a directed and focused form. While she is still gaining control of this ability she can in time release/use radiation of various shapes and/or intensities, either projected or used through touch, forcing the energy into another object or being all at once.

Weaknesses:

Due to her still working on control of this ability she hasn’t tried many applications. To this point she has been unable to shape the energy outside of her use of constructs. When using this power she is unable to control how much of her stored energy she is going to be discharged in the attack. All attempts to use this ability in training and have to a complete discharge into her target, often causing it to reflect back onto her, nearly overwhelming her bodies ability to absorb it once more.

Moving/Lifting Radiation:

Naomi is able to direct clouds of radiation, particles affected by radiation and the radiation given off on the EM spectrum. She is able to lift the radiation/remove it from sources at her will. She can absorb it or dissipate it, sending the energy into herself or out into the world to be dispersed. Through the manipulation and movement of Radiation she is able to also solidify it, allowing her to surf the energy though up to this point she has only been able to get so far before falling on the face.

Weaknesses:

Naomi is only capable of moving the same amount of radiation that her body is capable of absorbing. As such she will not be able to stop a dirty bombs cloud of radiation all at once or even in a day.

Overall Weaknesses:

Naomi’s body is constantly changing due to the energy stored within her. Due to this she requires significantly more rest than the average human as well as up to three times the base calorie intake. She is prone to falling asleep while standing up, in terrible places and when running. Once her body has reached a point that it can no longer go on she will simply collapse into a heap for an hour as her body absorbs radiation from any source given, normally the sun.

Naomi’s radiation is weak against many types of materials depending on the type of radiation being used. Her Radiation is naturally weak and significantly weakened by Lead, Concrete and Iron. When using specific types of radiation there are also limits. Gamma radiation is weak against paper while Alpha is weak against Aluminum. Beta is weak against carbon while boron and water are resistant against discharging Neutrons. In a sense she has limitations on what she can effect. Though one type of material is resistant against all forms of radiation she is capable of, pure silica, a type of glass.

Naomi naturally gives off a glow as her body works through the radiation always contained within her. The effect is called Cherenkov Radiation. While in Naomi’s case it isn’t harmful it is the escaping neutrons from her body/medium. Due to this Naomi is able to be picked up on almost any EM scanning device. She glows on Thermal, she emits light enough to be seen in Night Vision and can easily be seen at night given the ambient light being dark enough.

@Mook-LandStrider
@Danny

Both of you goobers are approved. I will add ya'll to the roster. ^^

(And thank you, i try <3)​

Hello! This looks great, and I'd love to join! Will hopefully get a character up today!

I say go for it, it always seemed to be a positive bonus for an rp. As for personal Arc for Naomi, one big one is the shadow corporations that funded her creation would want their prize back. She doesn't want to go back and wont go back. Even if they force her should would probably try to destroy herself. Though there are other means of getting her to comply.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danny
I'm just waiting for people to join in since it seems kinda pointless to make a discord for just the three of us xD @Danny @Mook-LandStrider

thinking of a char but I like this concept so should have something up soon

Here's my character if you'll have me /o/ It's not as detailed or as fancy as the others rip :' D But I'll draw them up later

Name: Eri Keifer
Alias: Technokind or TK
Species: Meta-Human
- Doesn't mind he/him, she/her pronouns
Homeland: Chicago, Illinois
Education: High School

Personality: Eri is a level headed person, though mostly because they have to be. The less control over their emotions they have, the less control over their technomancy they have. They also struggle with being a selective mute, which is brought on by intense anxiety. Under stress Eri cannot bring themselves to verbally respond and will struggle to communicate with people they don't know very well. Under these circumstances they rely heavily on text and written messages to reach out.

Normally they do have a good grasp on their emotions and exercise self control, but that doesn't mean they can't be provoked either. Their weakness centers around family and friends and nothing makes them go from 0 to 100 faster than insulting, threatening, or jeopardizing anyone close to them. Backing them up into a corner is another good way to get them to lash out and lose focus and control. Having anxiety also does them no favors as it can make a situation seem worse than it actually is.

Eri can be straightforward and blunt, at times being to the point of being harsh. While they do have some emotional awareness of those around then and will opt out of speaking up when they deem their words needless, they will step in if the situation doesn't improve. Of course there will be times words slip out or they don't entirely grasp the emotional state of the other person and speak anyway. They're quick to apologize if they unintentionally hurt someone of course.

Being a vlogger, Eri does have a love for attention and a certain kind of charisma about them. They love talking and socializing and isn't shy about approaching others and sweeping them up in a conversation. They often come off as laid back and chill, able to get along with just about everyone.

Appearance: Eri stands 5'7" with sandy blond hair cut in a asymmetrical bob. Their pale skin is covered in freckles and they have a birthmark on their stomach. They love camouflage patterns and most of the outfits they wear are camouflage from high heels to sweaters and everything in between. Their clothes can range from skirts and a crop top to jeans and a T over a long sleeve. Having a pretty average build, they're fairly fit and active but not overly so.

When they speak, it's often with an even, almost monotone quality to their voice. They find difficulty in raising their voice and express their excitement or outrage with animated expressions and hand gestures.

History:
- Eri was born to a meta human father and a normal human mother. At the time they already had an older brother, Riley, and later their younger sister, Amber, was born.
- Eri inherited their powers from their father, whom they were close with. No other child in their family seems to have inherited them.
- As a child, Eri didn't start talking until they were five and it was quite sudden too. Their first full sentence was, "Mommy, can I have some?" They were pointing at the bag of candy a friend's mother had brought to the park.
- Butter Rum candies still remains their favorite candy.
- Eri's father wasn't a world renowned hero or anything. In fact, he worked as an automotive master technician at the local auto repair shop. He did do some hero work around town but wasn't exceptionally dedicated. Though there was a time where he was called in to aid in a job by the Justice League but that was pretty much where his hero experience ended.
- Which makes it all the more confusing when their father just... didn't come home one day.
- The uncertainty what had happened, why it even happened whether their father was alive or dead? It put a lot of strain on the family mentally and emotionally.
- Seeing as he was the oldest, Riley stepped up and tried to take care of them, taking on multiple part time jobs to help out financially and making sure the younger children where looked after when their mother locked herself away in her room.
- Eventually the family moved and now reside in a small, 3 bedroom apartment.
- Eri was 13 at the time. They didn't know exactly what triggered the interest, but after the move Eri started up video blogging. It came pretty suddenly too, since the first video blog they ever made was the first time they spoke in three years.
- It never got posted, but second video did. The more they vlogged, the easier it got.
- When they were sixteen they decided to pitch in and took up a job working at the local coffee shop as a Barista.
- Up until now Eri never really used their powers. Never really thought about using them. As if when their father disappeared he took Eri's powers with him.
- One would think they'd be more driven, but Eri was never really all that great with dealing with conflict with their first instinct being to hide rather than face it head on.
- No one in their family said anything about it as if in silent agreement: it's just better if Eri didn't use their powers.
- In summary, ever since their father went missing Eri lived a pretty mediocre life and had been reluctant to use their powers for anyone's benefit, including their own.

Powers & Skills:
Technomancy
- Their ability allows Eri to use Web mapping services to scry for things and people. They do this by dangling something that connects to the person or object over their phone displaying the map.
- Eri emits their own WiFi signal but it's not exactly high speed Internet and it only works within Eri's personal bubble. They call it their "tech-wizard aura".
- Their TWA also approves the performance of any devices within an arms length away. Experiencing lag or crashes? Just have them sit next to you.
- Eri can also use their technomancy to "automatically" build machines as if their building themselves as long as they know how to build it/what goes where and all the needed materials are present.
- While on the phone with someone, Eri can track down their location by sort of meditating. It's not entirely affective as it takes a grand total of three minutes to track them for every 50 miles they are away, and staying on the phone with someone who isn't talking isn't all that engaging.
- Eri can "hack" into a device using their ability but with potential risks to their health, and only if it uses wifi. This ability allows them to take control of the device to not only gain information but use the device most likely not for its intended purpose.
- On a simpler note, they can make Holo projections of whatever is displayed on nearby devices such as computers and cell phones.

Drawbacks
- Eri cannot scry with any old map, it absolutely has to be a Web mapping service with access to wifi.
- Eri can contract computer viruses and malware. These can affect their memory and technomancy in negative and unpredictable ways.
- Eri can only scry for people and objects within the same city as they are in. The same with their tracking.
- Having nearby devices actively take advantage of their TWA can be emotionally draining. Numerous times Eri had come home from school and went straight to bed, exhausted by inconsiderate classmates. Because of this, no technology is kept by their bed and their phone has to be wrapped up in tin foil just be kept at their bedside.
- Eri can only use their technomancy to build things smaller than they are and no one component can weigh more than they do.
- Can only hold their Holo screens up for 10 minutes before it comes exhausting to maintain them. They can project a grand total of two Holo screens at one time.

Mundane Skills
- Eri is good with working with their hands and makes decent drinks for their customers.
- Technology proficient if they do say so themself.
- Knows basic self defense thanks to their mom making all her children take classes.
- Pretty fast on their feet when they need to be.

Mundane Weaknesses
- Bad with confrontation and prone to freezing up.
- They're slow to react to attack or retaliate and have poor reflexes in general.
- While they do have it better managed now, their anxiety can still render them mute. They also have a hard time raising their voice and calling out for help.
- Can't actually hack without their powers.
- Can't really cook to save their life and would live off instant noodles and energy drinks if/when left to their own devices.
- Unless they use their technomancy to somehow cheat, they're pretty bad at video games.

Last edited:
Afraid I am going to drop out. Thanks for the opportunity, and good luck.

Might possibly be a pointless question, but do you still have room in the RP for a newcomer?

Alright, here's my boy Mori.
I will gladly make any changes to his character sheet if necessary.

1f4e37bf32bc55eca8f411d1f5d405d6.png
Name:
Mori Widogast Adler.

Alias:
Phoenix.

Species:
Meta-Human.

Homeland/Town:
Albany, Australia.

Education:
High School Education.

Works as a waiter in a small café.

9fc495e0cb76016319bf5a9fccb3f749.png

0dbfc1cf65c40062250e724c98eb4b465a1268acv2_hq.jpg

Mori stands 5 feet 6 inches or 1,70 meters tall and weighs 211 pounds or 96 kilos. He has black hair, that would, in theory, be long enough to barely surpass his shoulders, they were originally brown, however, he decided to dye them black. He has beryl colored eyes, which stick out especially against his skin, that is rather pale despite him being born in Australia. Occasionally he can be seen wearing glasses, but usually, he wears contacts. Both of his ears are pierced, he has two black eight-millimeter discs in them. He also usually paints his nails black or purple and always wears a necklace with a lopsided crucifix. He is an enthusiast of leather and jeans jackets and is seen wearing one as part of his casual attire at almost any given point in time.

The suit was made by Mori himself. He began making it at age 15, shortly after some progression in his training with his Tephrakinesis began showing and finished it at age 16. He originally began making it, because of the child in him, telling him that he could become a superhero, just like he always wanted to be when he was 7-years old and ... well, because he thought it would look cool. It was made from a rather resistant material that is actually able to resist up to three shots from a simple handgun with near 100% certainty, however, any shot after that only decreases the chance of the material working further and further. The suit can also dampen damage from impacts, for example, damage done by falling or by a blunt object. The suit has safety cushioning in the knuckle area so that Mori does not destroy his knuckles. It also includes small metal plates in the boots and the gloves, so that kicks and punches have a tiny bit more oomph for good measure. If asked about the design, the Mori would say the black is to blend in better with the ash he controls, but that the red really is just for flare and he just liked the colors together.

3524c903667521d4b240c3a80f4a1cdf.png

Mori is very unlike his appearance would suggest. While he will always openly admit that he does have an inner goth and that he can have a bit of edge when he is in the mood, he is usually a nice guy. He is a nerd at heart, loving video games, cartoons and anime and having all kinds of nerdy trivia stored in his mind. He can be a handful at times, thanks to him being born with a slight version of both ADHD and Asperger’s Syndrome he can sometimes be a little much to take care off, however he has gone through enough therapy at an early age and was raised in such a way that he usually able to get a hold of himself. Mori is a pretty smart guy, being able to memorize and get a hang off complicated things very quickly, however, this means he often tries a little too hard to understand which then becomes counterproductive which then annoys him and pushes him to try even harder which just starts the circle of frustration anew. Mori loves to be helpful, he enjoys explaining things and he was pretty much raised to enjoy helping wherever he can. He is a rather physical person, enjoying physical contact more than anything. Furthermore, he is a bit of an adrenaline junky, and while he is afraid of many things, he rarely if ever shares fears that are common amongst the wide masses. Mori enjoys caring for others and spoiling them, usually through praise and food, which he, almost assuredly, made himself.

He greatly enjoys many things. He loves video games, cartoons, anime, and books and the more fantasy they have the better and if you manage to sprinkle in a bit of romance in here and there you have him hooked. Mori also enjoys doing sports. He began taking boxing lessons when he was only little and when he was a teen he began visiting the nearest gym whenever he could, even now he can still be found jogging at least every weekend and he has transformed the small basement that came with his flat into somewhat of a training room, covering the floor in training mats and hanging a punching bag from the ceiling.

Despite him being an advocate for a healthy life, he isn't against occasionally visiting his favorite pizza place and he has a massive sweet-tooth. He loves sweets of all kind, biscuits, cookies, cake, any other candy, but especially ice cream and chocolate, aside from these things he loves berries, mainly raspberries, blueberries, strawberries - which he decides to count to his list of berry-addictions despite knowing that it's a nut - and especially currants. This goes so far that he usually carries spare packs of these berries on him, in case he or someone around him would like some.

On the downside, Mori is clingy. He has strong separation issues and barely any confidence to speak off. He has developed to become his own worst critic, almost developing something like perfectionistic antics that are tailored specifically to anything he does, and if he does fail at something, he will beat himself up over it much more than anybody else possibly could. He often seeks validation in other people he cares for, be those friends or family. He has a constant urge to make people proud because his subconscious always feels that they would otherwise leave him. The main reason he enjoys physical contact as much as he does is that he feels like he has someone who is proud of him and that at least a piece of him is left in someone’s memories. Often times Mori puts too much pressure on himself for his own good, he is prone to self-destructive behavior and often too scared to tell anyone feeling that others would think of him as a freak.

He is incredibly impatient and cannot just sit still and do nothing. He is contempt when he sits and just drinks tea, eats something, watches something or if he is talking to someone, but he cannot hold still, he goes crazy when he does. Even when he is just talking to himself in his head - which he also occasionally does aloud - he is usually pacing back and forth, furthermore, Mori loves to have noise in the background, just silence usually drives him just as crazy as sitting around and doing nothing does, so he often has music playing on some headphones when it doesn't interject with another source of sound, like a TV-Show for example. When he is out he usually has headphones in the same pocket as his phone so he can pull them out quickly and put on some music for himself. The reason he pretty much always wears headphones is that he has discovered that many people don't share his very "metal" music taste.

His perfectionist nature and the fact that he always sees himself as not good enough has given him a weird outlook on life. When it comes to others trying to succeed at something, he is usually very optimistic, but when it comes to him, he is the exact opposite. This also means that he often would rather not try new things because he is of the opinion that he could never do it and that he would be no good at it. In a similar vein this pessimistic outlook also easily discourages him from doing something he is usually good at when he sees someone around who can do it better than he can, he then gets a feeling similar to stagefright.

Despite all this, Mori always tries his absolute best to be a good person and a genuine sweetheart.

7b1efaf3529f6a4b14eb76733c5fbe68.png

Mori’s story is a little different from the many other stories people like him tell, it is much more grounded, no bloodshed and loss, just a boy trying his best and always coming just a little bit short.

Mori was born with both ADHD and Asperger’s Syndrome as well as a comparably high IQ and to top it off, both of his parents were Metahumans, his mother having pyrokinetic abilities and his father being able to cool anything he touches down to almost Absolute Zero at will. Especially the latter two could usually be considered as something good, but Mori had never had much luck with it and it usually never did him much good. One of the earliest memories he has and that he can still vividly recall was from Kindergarten when he was four or five years old. He could already speak and had already picked up on writing, because of that and because he was the only one who wore glasses in his group he was the odd one out, this childish differentiating between him and the others led to a few of the children stealing forks from the cupboards to scratch his face with.

In school, things were not much better. He was so weird and alien to many parents, that most of them forbid their children from interacting with him, leaving Mori the odd one out again. As the years flew by he only made few friends and even in his small circle of friends he was the one that was least interesting to the others and the one that was always the last pick.

His almost eternal loneliness combined with a rather harsh upbringing. Both his parents were comparably old when he was born, his mother and father being 40- and 41-years old respectively at the time of his birth. He did have an older half-sister, who was born 12-years before he was, they both share the same mother. His sister was pretty successful at everything she did. She was smart, got good grades and eventually met and married a very nice man who she went on to have children with. And Mori had to follow in her footsteps. The age of his parents only meant that he was raised like the children of an entirely different generation, learning things much differently from others around him.

His parents always expected a lot of him, pushing him to become incredibly harsh on himself as well. They, even though unintentionally, always made him feel like he was just not enough and that he had to work harder and harder, and that when it felt like it was too hard he just had to push himself further, no matter what. When they discovered that he began developing Tephrakinetic abilities the two of them immediately got to work and tried to teach him how to use his powers, to the same effect that his parents had always had on him. He felt like he just couldn’t get it right and almost went crazy over it.

His mother had her second divorce when he was 7-years old and he now lived with her. His mother had rheumatism and every motion hurt her more and more as time progressed, so Mori had to quickly learn how to keep a house, cook and so on. All that coupled with the harsh raising his mother insisted on and her high expectations that Mori felt he could never meet put the boy in a continuously unhappy mood, not unhappy because of the way he had to grow up, but unhappy because he, too, did not meet his own high expectations.

Mori was always in love with sports, and luckily his mother always allowed him to do the things he genuinely enjoyed. Mori took boxing lessons and often visited the local gym, doing more and more sports, training harder and harder, for what he did not know, the only thing that seemed to matter was he gave his all and pushed himself further even on things he did because he enjoyed doing them.

When Mori was 16-years old, his mother called in a favor with a friend of hers. A man called Andrew Nash, who she knew through her former work as a tourist guide in the USA. Andrew was a good ten years younger than his mother was and had a small Café in Los Angeles. She asked him if he could take in her son for a couple of weeks so he could see something different than his hometown in Australia in exchange for him helping out in the café. Andrew quickly agreed and Mori was sent off during summer vacation to spend his vacation days in Los Angeles, although before he was sent off he protested that his mother would have to do all the work herself and that it would be painful to her, which she simply brushed off.

In LA, Mori quickly became friends with Andrew, who had originally offered Mori to not work only to hear that the boy insisted to work as payback for him being allowed to stay. Andrew was impressed by the work ethic of the young boy and when he was sent back off to Australia they promised they would keep in touch, which they did, and Andrew jokingly said: "If you get old enough you can come over and work in the café if you'd like, who knows, I may even let you run it after I get too old!"

Back home everything went its usual course and Mori felt miserable again. However, a big change was coming.

When he was 17-years old, he had to phone his mother to pick him up from boxing lessons, someone had stolen his bike. She said she would be there in a bit and would pick him up. After 15 minutes, she did not arrive. After 30 minutes, she did not arrive. And just as Mori had decided he had waited long enough for his mother he got a call. From the hospital. They had to tell him that his mother had suffered a heart attack while driving and was involved in a car crash. Something totally natural, just at a bad time. A few days later his mother died in the hospital.

With his mother now dead and his father having moved to lord knows where shortly after the divorce, Mori had no one to turn to. His mother had no siblings and his grandmother had long since passed away. So Mori remembered an offer he got from a nice American when he left the country. Mori called Andrew, who, without batting an eye agreed to give Mori a place to stay and paid for the flight, as well as putting Mori on the payroll of his café where he still works today. However, he isn't living with Andrew anymore. He got himself a small flat for cheap, a lucky catch. Only a little after he turned 18-years old.

622a72d77d49981fd1ec0cf420326223.png

Regular Skills:
- Mori is a very good cook and he enjoys cooking a lot.
- He has taken drumming classes ever since third grade and has become a quite decent percussionist.
- Mori had been fascinated with and practiced boxing ever since he was eight years old and he has gotten quite good at it.
- As part of the pressure his parents put on Mori, he always did a lot of sports, taking lessons as well as working out in the gym by himself, turning him into someone who has got quite the amount of physical strength, endurance, good reflexes and the knowledge of how to fight to back it up.

Regular Weaknesses:
- Incredibly indecisive, he is much more comfortable letting others call shots.
- When the right buttons are pushed on him, be it intentionally or unintentionally, he is prone to lashing out in anger.
- Built incredibly close to the water, if he is feeling bad he usually needs his 10 to 15 minutes to cry his heart out.
- Prone to locking up when confronted with uncomfortable topics.
- Terrible at baking.

Supernatural Abilities:
  • Tephrakinesis - Mori can control ash.
    • Ash Creation - Mori can create ash out of thin air.
    • Ash Absorbtion - Mori can absorb ashes into his body.
    • Ash Constructs - Mori can create constructs, such as shields from ash.
    • Ash Attacks - Mori can use ash to launch attacks at enemies.
    • Ash Solidification - Mori can solidify ash, often by making it denser and harder to break
    • Ash Screen - Mori can create curtains of ash to obscure vision.
    • Ignition - Mori can ignite the ash he creates and any ash in contact with it into an explosion like short-lived fire.
    • Capture/Constrain - Mori can use ash to trap and pin others.
    • Asphyxiation - Mori can use ash as a pseudo asphyxiation gas by forcing others to breathe in ash, by surrounding them with it.
    • Particle Resistance - Mori's lungs have resistance against particles, for example breathing in ash does not seem to harm him.
    • Fire Resistance - Mori has developed a light resistance to heat, however, he can still be harmed by it.
    • Burn Resistance - Mori cannot be burnt, for example, he cannot get a sunburn, however, as stated above heat can still harm him.

Weaknesses:
  • Similarly to sand, when ash comes into contact with water, or any comparable liquid it is rendered useless.
  • While Mori can generate a large amount of ash, it is not infinite and he has to reuse ashes in the area when he cannot generate anymore.
  • Mori cannot see through the ash screens he can create himself.
  • Ashes can be carried away or rendered useless by wind like abilities, although natural winds are rarely enough to really hamper Mori.
  • Mori can only control a certain amount of ash at once, exceeding this limit puts him under a lot of strain.
  • Mori can only control ashes within a certain radius of himself and he must know where the ash is to control it.
  • When Mori creates a construct out of ash there are two clauses he has to fulfill, the first is, of course, that he as enough ash at hand to create the construct and the second is that he has to always stay in contact with it, either physically or with a tether of ash between him and the construct, if he fails to stay in contact with a construct it just falls to regular ashes.
  • Solidified ash can only take so much damage and/or force before it disperses into regular ash again.
  • Ashes are a generally weak thing to use in combat and it cannot cause a lot of significant physical damage.
  • Mori has to be able to at least move his fingers to control ash.
  • While Mori can breathe in things such as ash without having it damage him, this does not count for toxins such as sleeping gas.
  • Mori can easily harm innocents or allies through his ash screens, by having them inadvertently breathe the ash in as well.
  • His Ignition can cause great amounts of collateral damage, simply because Mori cannot control the explosion. Any ash connected to the ash he currently touches just lights up, end of story.

Last edited:

Willow Lovelace
Name
Willow Lovelace

Alias
Red Queen

Specie
Human

Homeland
England

Education
Home schooled

Occupation
Student

Personality

Willow is usually quite friendly and soft-spoken. She is usually seen smiling, and even takes her cheery personality when she was being bullied by other staff, she will still greet them with smiles. She shows a high degree of self-control, and is even able to keep her cool. It is not as if she isn't prone to angry outbursts, she's just great at handling it. But if she did get angry, she's like a tsunami. Her anger comes in big waves​

Appearance

Willow has a fragile outlook and a very small build. She stands at 5'3 ft (160 cm), and weighing 49 kg (108 lbs). She has most of her short black hair cut just below her chin that she avidly colored into icy blue. Her hair is generally styled in a way that fans out near the bottom, though on occasion she sometimes curl or straighten it. Her eyes are bluish grey and sparkle whenever she reads books. She is usually seen wearing casual but chic clothes and rarely dress up unless attending events or special occasions.​

History

Despite coming from a well known family, Willow's life is very difficult because of various problems. She was an illegitimate child. Her mother was impregnated by another man and was unaware of it when she married the Lovelace family.

Being the "eldest" daughter, she was obligated to succeed in all areas by her strict father but sadly, she was diagnosed with leukemia and asthma at a young age which greatly disappointed everyone. Her only support at that time was her kind mother whom she spends her free time with.

She learned about her abilities when she was seven. She was done with her lessons for the day and she was playing cards with her mother when she accidentally summoned one of them. To this day she still can't explain how it happened but her father took interest with her once again and even helped her hone her abilities by hiring tutors.

Soon, her parents got divorced when she was 12 (her dad became obsessed with Willow's abilities that it made her health worse). She and her mother ran away where her mother married a high school sweetheart: an american. Since she doesn't have any place to go, she went along with it.

Her step-father welcomed her with open arms, not even freaked out by her abilities. He spoiled her and showered her with attention but at the same time, she was treated like a fragile doll, caged inside the manor. She doesn't have any friends except for the staff and even if she asked her mother to let her have friends outside the manor, her step-father wouldn't allow it. That's when she started sneaking out of the manor whenever she can.​
Skills and Abilities

Strengths
Card Summons. To put it simply, the user can summon persons using cards. In Raquel's case, all she can summon are guards from a deck of playing cards. Think of her as the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland only the reds are great for attacks while blacks are great for defenses.

For example, if Willow summons a nine of hearts/diamonds it can only attack and be hit nine times before it disappears. If she summons a three of spades/clubs, it can only be used as a shield three times before it disappears. Everything boils down to the numbers.

Kings, Queens, Jacks, Aces, and Joker are one hit. As of now, Willow can summon fifty-two playing cards but not all at once. Too much use of her power results in her nose bleeding and her passing out.

Kártakinesis. The user can create, shape and manipulate cards but in Raque's case, playing cards, moving them with telekinesis. She can control the cards and throw them around, play with them, make them levitate. Her power greatly revolves around cards. That's it.

Weaknesses
  • Willow is highly dependent on her cards. Without them, she cannot fight nor do anything
  • She has leukemia and asthma which means her stamina is low. She can barely run nor do any physical activities that requires effort
  • Willow cannot summon the entire deck. Her limit is half of the deck. If she tried to go over beyond it, she faints.
  • She was raised like a princess so she can barely do anything on her own. The most she can do is cook for herself.

Reactions: Mook-LandStrider
Jade Ethan
Alias: Glass.
Species: Metahuman.
Homeland: England, United Kingdom.
Education: Secondary School, College.

Personality: Kind, caring, protective. Likes feeding people when they visit her home.

Jade Ethan - Anime.png
Appearance: Wears rather casual clothing most of the time. Jeans and a shirt, shorts and tights (used to cold weather) and shirt. Prefers blues and greens and turquoises. Stands about 5'8"and weighs roughly 130lbs.

History: After finishing college in back home, Jade moved to the United States to attend university. Already having a triple diploma, she is studying for her degree. And in a new place, away from anyone who might recognize her, she has begun putting her powers to use. Or at least trying to. She wasn't very good at it. Until she was contacted by one Alfred Pennyworth. Alfred offered her training, equipment, medical coverage, and most importantly a chance to be apart of something bigger than herself: A team.

Powers & Skills:
  • Well studied and intelligent.
  • Can create crystalline structures made of a silicone-like material.
    • These structures can function like batteries, storing and releasing energy, with Jade able to use them to create Tesla coils for electricity-based attacks.
    • Her bigger crystal structures are strong enough to bear her weight but not much more.
    • The inside of the structures contain a liquid similar to battery acid.
    • Larger the structure can generate more energy and discharge more electricity.. Jade has, thus far, only been able to create spikes about waist high.
    • These crystals have a turquoise colouring to them under strong light (or their own light when generating) but refract like similar to oil when in low-light conditions. The electricity they generate is also a turquoise colour.
    • When generating energy they have a light inside making them useful as a short-term light source.
    • The crystals are waterproof but the electricity, once discharged, will conduct through water like normal.
    • Able to generate their own energy and capable of absorbing electricity from external sources.
  • Has a high resistance to acids and corrosive chemicals, receiving less harm from such substances.

Weaknesses:
  • Lack of experience with her powers.
  • Lack of combat experience and not a very good fighter.
  • Can not create more than two structures at a time, if she tries to create more, then one of the previous crystals will crumble into fragments (these fragments are incapable of generating their own energy).
  • The structures must be formed from a solid surface with a direct connection to the ground. No ground, no crystal. Walls and ceilings and heavy objects touching the floor are still usable because of their direct connection to the ground.
    • Removing the surface that a crystal has formed on from the floor will cause that crystal to crumble into fragments (these fragments are incapable of generating their own energy).
  • The crystals have a low melting point (unlike actual silicone); they do not survive for very long and slowly melt even at room temperature, can be molten by others, and the heat put out by their own electrical attacks will melt them.
  • When generating energy the crystals have a light inside making them easy to spot targets.
  • The acid inside of her crystals is not strong enough to harm humans any more than a slight skin irritation but should probably not be ingested or make contact with the eyes (like actual battery acid).
  • When filled with too much electricity from an external source, the crystals will burst. Scattering glass-like fragments (incapable of generating their own energy) and splashing acid.
  • Jade is just as susceptible to harm from her own electricity as others are.

Last edited:
Is this rp still open and if so can I join?
I used to watch this show all the time and I loved the Teen Titan's series so much.^^ I still love it to this day^^