Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soulserenity20

Original poster
23hum3r.png

• [dash=white]It has been winter for far too long now. The world was not built for stagnancy. Without change, there can be no future.
    You are that change.
    You must bring about the shifting of the seasons. [/dash]

• Map in Spoiler
    [spoili]
    28ioktc.png
    [/spoili]

w0mi37.png

You never knew this world. It was always just a part of a story you heard as a child: a world where the seasons no longer changed and for an eternity, Winter maintained its hold on the land. This world was said to be beautiful, but dangerous, for it loomed in a delicate balance, like a set of scales, ever-nearing its tipping point. Stagnancy is not the stuff of life. A world can only stay frozen for so long.

You awake from a dream in a world you never knew. The cold air swirls around you and silently, snowflakes drift down from the sky, kissing your chilled skin before melting away. The sky is dark but for the dancing lights that dazzle the skyscape. The stars are outshone by these lights of blue and purple. The beauty is entangling, but something within you demands you look away. All around, you see a white blanket of snow and hear nothing but the gently breeze. Where are you? You do not know this world of Winter.

It becomes quickly apparent that you are far from home. Are you alone? With some searching, you come to discover there are others, more like you that are lost, unsure of this strange, beautiful place. You come together, one of you noticing a strange creature leaping about in the distance. It looks to be a deer of sorts, but it is larger than any you've ever seen and its coat is white as the snowy landscape, its antlers are made of ice, and its eyes are a cool, purple.

Together with the others, you decide teamwork is the best chance at survival. But none of you are sure how you got here or where you must go. And so, as a team, you venture out into this wintry world, seeking answers and seeking shelter. If you can survive, you may find yourself caught up in a magical adventure.

Welcome, to the World of Winter.
    talaau.png

• 34r8xg6.png

SURVIVAL
    This roleplay will be an unpredictable adventure filled with curious opportunities driven by chance. I will be rolling dice consistently throughout to determine encounters and sub-adventures you will come across in the main plot. Your characters will be your own, but I will be giving you situations where your character fails or succeeds at certain actions and you must react accordingly. Like survival in the real world wilds, nothing is certain, you will face a number of difficult decisions; this is all a part of the survival experience.

MAGICK AND COMPANIONS
    Two key features in this roleplay will be the bestowal of a magical ability and a companion or familiar from the world of Winter. You will not be able to choose either of these. They will be given out at various times as the plot progresses. If you are not mature enough to be okay with the unexpected and extended equailty (not everyone will have a power at the exact same time, not everyone will get a companion at the same time, but everyone will get one) then I fear this roleplay is not for you. A key aspect of any great adventure is the unexpected. This roleplay will be based around how your characters respond to the world and you will not have the same OOC power you would have in other roleplays. That is the point of this RP.

FORMAL RULES
    +Do not complain about your ability or companion. I will take generic requests at the start of the RP but the surprise is the nature of the roleplay.+
    +Be mature, communicate, and be kind.+
    +Posting requirement is once per week, sometimes once per two weeks. My roleplays are long term. We all have vastly different schedules and so a week to two week long window helps ensure everyone has ample time to post. We'll aim for movement in the plot once a week.+
    +COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR GM. I'm patient as hell but I do expect effort.+
    +I EXPECT GOOD WRITING. You'll be PM'd by me if I don't accept your writing level. Poor writing makes it harder for your GM's and harder for your fellow players. I'm sorry but that's just the way it is.+

• eiqo8o.png

Name:
    Hometown: (real world locations)

Personality in 5 words:
    Descriptive Personality:
    History:

Strengths: (Character traits like leadership, intelligence, etc)
    Skills: (physical abilities, hiking, hunting, cooking, riding, etc.)
    Weaknesses: (mental and physical weaknesses, like fears, inability to run long distances, etc.)

NOTE: I'm a tough GM. Don't even try to give me a traumatized 17 year old that has mastered martial arts and swordsmanship and comes from the army and can ride a horse professionally and was abused and abandoned as a child and left in the streets and still has perfect linguistic skills, no coping issues, and happens to also be handsome, athletic, and charismatic. I will shut you down immediately.

THIS IS AN INTEREST CHECK BUT FEEL FREE TO CLAIM A SPOT FOR YOUR CHARACTER AND START BUILDING A CS. I ONLY NEED 4 PLAYERS TO GET THIS MOVING. I WILL CLOSE SIGNUPS WHEN WE HAVE 8 PLAYERS.

Thank you all for your interest. I am sincerely grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is going to be hard for me. Because so far I see a vegan that hunts, not for the potentially acceptable reason of nourishing himself, but for the sake of being liked by someone.

Im going to ask you to review your own cs. And make sure it REALLY makes sense before you submit it again. Just give it a look over, and do some self editing please :) be 100% that your character personality makes sense. And then tag me when you're completely sure. @Mowkie can give it a look over but I think she'll feel the same. Our goal is to have realistic characters that make sense :)
well he doesn't hunt anymore xP He knows how because he learned it young but he stopped doing it a long time ago (failed to mentioned that).

And him being vegan will be something he will have to overcome in that world and i intend on roleplaying that.

is there anything else?

and i didnt understand this sentence: " acceptable reason of nourishing himself, but for the sake of being liked by someone. " Can you explain pls?

I'm done with his character sheet @Soulserenity20 & @Mowkie
Let me know if it's accepted or if I have to change anything!

Now, time to study!
well he doesn't hunt anymore xP He knows how because he learned it young but he stopped doing it a long time ago (failed to mentioned that).

And him being vegan will be something he will have to overcome in that world and i intend on roleplaying that.

is there anything else?
I didn't finish going through it. I wanted to let you go through and assess it again on your own and then mowkie will probably be the first to have time to go over it :) I have some homework, baking, and a few other things to do

Oh yeah making Bitchy Girl XD Ice Queen lol... fits perfectly XD.

And Queen of Mean, Annalynne McCord is her face claim
tumblr_m4vhpmZQxS1qd9si9o1_500.gif

mini-1.jpg

She'll be up in a few hours and then @Soulserenity20
I will be pming you^^.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Soulserenity20
haha!!!! Naomie baby! Oh man, i have to finish this show and rewatch it again xD <3
Yes XD rewatch it XD. I'm almost done with season 1 XD after I get my girl up for this watching the last few episodes of s1 XD. That show is everything lol.

Yes XD rewatch it XD. I'm almost done with season 1 XD after I get my girl up for this watching the last few episodes of s1 XD. That show is everything lol.
omg, just season one??? XD DUDE, i was at season two, the end when character X was about to get raped but then they removed it from Canadian netflix :l.............. Since then, I haven't watched it *cries in the corner on her own*

omg, just season one??? XD DUDE, i was at season two, the end when character X was about to get raped but then they removed it from Canadian netflix :l.............. Since then, I haven't watched it *cries in the corner on her own*
Awww that sucks. Glad you didn't tell who was about to get raped. I have watched it in three years so it's all new to me now XD. I forgot how crazy Silver was for Dixon... it was cute and then found out she was Bipolar I was like shit XD

Maybe they'll bring it back.

Reactions: B l u E s
Awww that sucks. Glad you didn't tell who was about to get raped. I have watched it in three years so it's all new to me now XD. I forgot how crazy Silver was for Dixon... it was cute and then found out she was Bipolar I was like shit XD

Maybe they'll bring it back.
Lolol, yeah... Silver was an interesting character. I'm not a fan of Dixon... he kind of annoyed me.... Tbh xD

Naomie was the most fun character... What's her name... her best friend Adrianna was... cool when she like did that bitchy thing but after that she kind of borrrreeed me.... Plus her second partner kind of... bleh... Definitely not my taste in partner but anyways~

I dont want to spam the ooc with 90210 talk soooo if ya want to talk about this with, hit me up ;)

• Love
Reactions: Justin

uyI1yzU.jpg

NAME
Robert Barnaby

HOMETOWN
New Orleans, Louisiana

OCCUPATION
Ex-teacher
(Just a Fisherman now)

PERSONALITY (FIVE WORDS)
Thoughtful | Reserved | Heavy-hearted | Unhappy | Polite

PERSONALITY (DESCRIPTIVE)
Robert Barnaby was a happy man. He was kind and cheerful. He always had a confident aura surrounding him, never showing a depressed side. To him, thinking positive was always the solution, and being negative was a way to fall down at the bottom of a pit. Robert was a man who could rally a crowd behind him, though in his particular case, it was the kids at his school. He made jokes, and had a healthy relationship with his own family and the people at school. He was a man who was loved by the kids and even got the award of the year. Just for being a great and loving teacher.

His entire attitude could be described with one word; bright. He was just a bright man. Though, due to some unfortunate circumstances, he changed. He quit his job at one point, and became depressed. He was always polite to those who spoke to him. He became reserved and only kept to himself. His expression never really changed. If there is one word that can describe the current Robert Barnaby, then that would be unhappy. Why you ask? What changed such a bright man into something depresed, broken and heavy hearted? You're about to find out.

HISTORY
WIP

STRENGTHS
Intelligent - Before he changed, the man was intelligent and smart. He could solve a puzzle quite easy, and solve a math question without batting an eye. Though his intelligent mind was not exactly persay limited to what I just mentioned. He could catch fish in unorthodox ways, or rather, forgotten ways. Obviously, one would use the right fisherman tools and the right bait to catch them. Then there was camping. There were more than one camping trip with the kids at school during his years as the teacher. He showed them how to survive, or more specifically, told them what to do if they became lost. To mark the trees they would pass so they knew if they circled around. Or to use a stone, or something similar, as long as it's not a lighter to create a fire. It was a fun and learning experience. Though this is rarely seen in our present day and age.

Brave - Something that has been with the man from his childhood. Being brave enough to constantly stopping other "cool" kids from bullying people at his school. This nature followed him wherever, and as he grew up obviously. A kind and rare nature within the man which is basically extinguished now. Though back when he was young, he ended up taking a beating or two from time to time when stopping a conflict from escalating. He was brave, for stepping back in the "ring" whenever something similar happened to someone close to him.

SKILLS
Fishing - There isn't much to say here, the man is a great fisherman, has been since he used to go with his dad during his childhood days. Has learned since then, and it has been a part of him until his current day and age, and it is something he used to do with his own little daughter, but not anymore.

Creating Fire - Well, using the nature to create something without any technological devices. Sticks and so on. There isn't much to tell other than the fact that it's something he learned with his father.

WEAKNESSES
Out Of It - In his current state of mind, he tends to be in his own world, always having a glum expression on his face. Sometimes, one has to bring him back to the reality by catching his attention, or drawing it towards them.

Frozen - There are some certain instances that happens in life that reminds him about a certain part in his life where everything changed. Robert can stand there and be helpless or freeze, almost as if is a statue. If someone would need dire help and he is the only one who can give that, then he may as well not do it. Something that reminds him of the past, and has traumatized him to this point.

A Man Who Has Nothing to Lose - Due to his past, he can be reckless and even walk towards danger, or something that may kill him.
Awwwww we unhappy Barney!!! (It rhymes lol xD)

I bet he had a divorce or he lost a kid. Am I right in my guess? ;)

uyI1yzU.jpg

NAME
Robert Barnaby

HOMETOWN
New Orleans, Louisiana

OCCUPATION
Ex-teacher
(Just a Fisherman now)

PERSONALITY (FIVE WORDS)
Thoughtful | Reserved | Heavy-hearted | Unhappy | Polite

PERSONALITY (DESCRIPTIVE)
Robert Barnaby was a happy man. He was kind and cheerful. He always had a confident aura surrounding him, never showing a depressed side. To him, thinking positive was always the solution, and being negative was a way to fall down at the bottom of a pit. Robert was a man who could rally a crowd behind him, though in his particular case, it was the kids at his school. He made jokes, and had a healthy relationship with his own family and the people at school. He was a man who was loved by the kids and even got the award of the year. Just for being a great and loving teacher.

His entire attitude could be described with one word; bright. He was just a bright man. Though, due to some unfortunate circumstances, he changed. He quit his job at one point, and became depressed. He was always polite to those who spoke to him. He became reserved and only kept to himself. His expression never really changed. If there is one word that can describe the current Robert Barnaby, then that would be unhappy. Why you ask? What changed such a bright man into something depresed, broken and heavy hearted? You're about to find out.

HISTORY
WIP

STRENGTHS
Intelligent - Before he changed, the man was intelligent and smart. He could solve a puzzle quite easy, and solve a math question without batting an eye. Though his intelligent mind was not exactly persay limited to what I just mentioned. He could catch fish in unorthodox ways, or rather, forgotten ways. Obviously, one would use the right fisherman tools and the right bait to catch them. Then there was camping. There were more than one camping trip with the kids at school during his years as the teacher. He showed them how to survive, or more specifically, told them what to do if they became lost. To mark the trees they would pass so they knew if they circled around. Or to use a stone, or something similar, as long as it's not a lighter to create a fire. It was a fun and learning experience. Though this is rarely seen in our present day and age.

Brave - Something that has been with the man from his childhood. Being brave enough to constantly stopping other "cool" kids from bullying people at his school. This nature followed him wherever, and as he grew up obviously. A kind and rare nature within the man which is basically extinguished now. Though back when he was young, he ended up taking a beating or two from time to time when stopping a conflict from escalating. He was brave, for stepping back in the "ring" whenever something similar happened to someone close to him.

SKILLS
Fishing - There isn't much to say here, the man is a great fisherman, has been since he used to go with his dad during his childhood days. Has learned since then, and it has been a part of him until his current day and age, and it is something he used to do with his own little daughter, but not anymore.

Creating Fire - Well, using the nature to create something without any technological devices. Sticks and so on. There isn't much to tell other than the fact that it's something he learned with his father.

WEAKNESSES
Out Of It - In his current state of mind, he tends to be in his own world, always having a glum expression on his face. Sometimes, one has to bring him back to the reality by catching his attention, or drawing it towards them.

Frozen - There are some certain instances that happens in life that reminds him about a certain part in his life where everything changed. Robert can stand there and be helpless or freeze, almost as if is a statue. If someone would need dire help and he is the only one who can give that, then he may as well not do it. Something that reminds him of the past, and has traumatized him to this point.

A Man Who Has Nothing to Lose - Due to his past, he can be reckless and even walk towards danger, or something that may kill him.
I have the intense desire to hug him and bake him cookies.

Awwwww we unhappy Barney!!! (It rhymes lol xD)

I bet he had a divorce or he lost a kid. Am I right in my guess? ;)
Yeah. He lost his daughter.

@Cait - Yeah, he is quite the unhappy guy now. His history will reveal that. Poor Barnaby.

Ah man... That's so freaking sad :'(
You don't make charries that sad Akashi x((((((((((( why you make sad charries now O.O

Btw, how is work and all? Haven't spoken to you in a while on Skype.

Ah man... That's so freaking sad :'(
You don't make charries that sad Akashi x((((((((((( why you make sad charries now O.O

Btw, how is work and all? Haven't spoken to you in a while on Skype.
Yeah, I figured I'd make a different character this time.. And work is the same, you know how it is.. XD

And yeah, we haven't.. And we should.. On Skeip so we don't drown the OOC with unneccessary banter. Hehe

• Useful
Reactions: B l u E s
Yeah, I figured I'd make a different character this time.. And work is the same, you know how it is.. XD

And yeah, we haven't.. And we should.. On Skeip so we don't drown the OOC with unneccessary banter. Hehe
Yip yip! Agreed! but I'm actually going to bed so I'll ttyl ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.