A world full of ashes IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
She contemplated for a moment, popping a few berries into her mouth before giving him an answer "Alright then, I guess I'll follow you around~"

Alexandria doesn't really have anything to do at the moment and the demon quite intrigued her. What better way to pass the time and observe a potential enemy by being with him and watching him closely? She followed him through the bushes, keeping an eye on him when she realized something "Say, you haven't told me your name yet!" she exclaimed, oblivious that he knew her name but she didn't know his. "Don't tell me you don't have a name! Oh, I know. I'll call you Sparky!" she teased, smiling mischievously. She have no idea why she's teasing him but she wanted to have some fun and she got this urge to tease him so, why not?

The boys expression stayed blank as the girl teased him, and he kept walking forwards not turning back to face her. "My name is Vlad" he said as he pushed some branches apart, as he did he revealed a picturesque scene. There were perfect green trees with a small opening in them, and the sound of running water could be heard. To the left of the opening there was a naturally running water fall that pooled in too a shallow stream. It was a rare site in such a desolated land. There were only a few on the planet, places that had not yet been effected by the war.

In the opening there was traces of a fire, and a large bag leaning against a tree. Vlad began to remove his clothing, till he was only on his boxers. It seemed that he did not care that the girl was still with him. The boy stepped into the stream and stood under the waterfall. The crystal water was dyed red as the blood washed off his skin.

"Aww~ and I thought I'll call you Sparky~" she cooed, a bit disappointed that he had a name "but Vlad suits you too" They arrived at a picturesque scene, making her gasp a little at how beautiful the place is. "Pretty" she whispered to herself, oblivious that Vlad's half naked and taking a shower right in front of her. Realizing this, she quickly felt heat rushing down her face and turned her back around him "P-pervert! can't you see there's a girl right in front of you?!" she stuttered, blushing even more.

The water is so pristine and clear, taunting her to take a dip and just relax. Unable to resist the soothing crystalline water, Alexandria jumped on the water, ignoring the fact that there's a half naked demon beside her.

"You can't really call me a pervert if you are going to join me" Vlad pointed out as he watched the girl jump into the water. He washed his body till it was clean, once finished the boy waded over to the edge of the stream. He sat down on the earth, his legs still in the water. "So what are you?" he asked, his voice serious. He was never very good at subtly, so he decided just to ask the question bluntly. Vlad could tell she was no ordinary person.

It seemed the person Hesper was helping was slowly regaining consciousness. But Hesper gasped when her wrist was suddenly grabbed. Although the hold was not tight, she immediately recoiled. Then, to make matters worse, the boy leaned in, bearing his sharp teeth as if he was about to take a bite out of her wrist. H-He's not human?! she thought in panic. Thankfully, he seemed to be still quite dazed -- Hesper was able to quickly pull her hand free, and with her other free hand, draw her knife from her belt in self defense. She stumbled back a few steps and stared at the boy, her knife pointed outward in fear, as she tried to catch her panicked breath. "You know," she said to him, "I could just let you die here, moron. Is that what you'd rather me do?" She stuck around to wait for his response, but she was ready to run for her life of need be.

Being negated of his meal, he almost fell in the ground, using one of his hands to hold himself in place and the other to clean his eyes, he saw her going away a little and taking her knife and pointing it to him totally in fear, laughing a little and recuperating a little more, he said "Don't be afraid, I was just trying to feed and I just don't care if you let me here, I am just a little hungry... you know... you need to survive in these days..." seeing that she was still afraid and ready to kill him in self defense, he asked not thinking on anything "Say... Have you ever killed someone in your life? I'm just asking because i'm a moron like you said..." with a grin, he closed his eyes and moving his hand to his neck, where the piece of cloth was, he pressed it and opened his eyes. In an sigh of pain, he continued as his stomach growled "... Sorry for trying to eat you... but... can you give me some food? I know you have some... just give me and I'm out... I promise"

Don't be afraid, I was just trying to feed... you need to survive in these days...

These words really hit Hesper quite hard. She couldn't help but think back, recalling of all the excuses the people in her village used to make up for themselves to justify the horrible things they were doing -- her brother included.

Say... have you ever killed someone in your life?

Those horrible words that were whispered to Hesper from own brother's mouth were coming back to haunt her, and her breathing picked up pace. She squeezed her eyes shut and shook her head until it was clear again, still holding out the knife as she took a deep breath and regained her composure. "Yes. As a matter of fact, I have," Hesper answered, through gritted teeth and narrowed eyes. "So don't dare think, for one second, that I won't do the same to you if necessary..."

Really, though, this boy just looked pitiful. He could barely keep himself up straight. He looked so pale and malnourished, and with his hand pressed to that gash in his neck, he wasn't going anywhere fast. He was some kind of demon hybrid, sure, but... he didn't necessarily deserve to die out here more than anyone else did. So, without letting her guard down, Hesper reached into her backpack and pulled out the right-side hindquarters of the rabbit she'd just cooked. She had eaten most of it, but this part was still leftover. "Here," she offered, tossing it into his lap, "Try eating this instead."

Seeing her mood change and the fact that she already had killed someone made his thirst for a fight more intense, making a grin slowly appear in his face, he just continued until she said that she wouldn't hesitate to kill him, that make him grin even more. Seeing that she was still 'afraid' of him, he flashed his eyes red and looked at her as she tossed the food at him, grabbing the food with both hands he looked at it and ate it whole, the piece of cloth that was on his neck fell in the ground, showing the cut slowly healing and going back to normal, getting up slowly still with his back on the tree, looking at her, he said "You might have an house around here somewhere, don't you?" without letting her answer, he continued "So, you might know where I can find food and shelter, I know that I promised that I would go if you gave me food... but I would like to know this place better... and, as you can see, I'm not in the shape for exploring today."

Alexandria stopped washing herself as she heard his question. She cannot trust him, not just yet. They've just met for Pete's sake! She didn't know if he's an ally or an enemy. "Uhm.. I can't tell you" she replied and continued washing herself, ignoring the fact that he may be mad at her or even worse, planning to kill her. "You need to prove yourself first before I tell you what I am. Who knows what you're going to do with me. You can be a rapist, you know."

Vlad sighed with the annoying answer. He let his body flop back on the grass, his eyes looking up at the trees. Bit's of sun just visible through the branches. But the sky was burnt, a muddy brown rather than it's original blue. It was a reminder of what world they were living in. "You do have a vivid imagination" he told her, as she suggest he was a rapist. First pervert then rapist, I wonder what she will think of next, he thought to himself.

He breathed in through his nose, smelling the air. His sense of smell was rather good, yet he still couldn't tell what she was. "Okay then, how do I prove myself to you then?" he asked, still lying down.

"Hmm?" she hummed, surprised that he's willing to prove himself just to know what she is. Rinsing off the dirt, she squeezed the water out of her hair and just stared at him, her crystal blue eyes twinkling with curiosity "I don't know. I haven't thought of it" she stated honestly "Why do you want to know anyway?" it was quite odd how comfortable she is around him and how curious he is about her. It's like he really is interested about her specie but why? "I find it weird that a demon like you want to know the likes of me. Wait, are you a drug addict?"

"Please stop calling me weird stuff" he said, looking at her with a slightly annoyed look. Vlad stood up again, in the water. As he did small ripples reflected of objects as the glided of the surface of the water. "Your just the same as the angel" he said, more to himself than to her. "I am not a demon, I am a half breed" he said. Vlad avoided her question on why he wanted to know. He didn't really think that saying: Because I might want to eat you later, would go down very well.

Alexandria smiled at the information of him being a half-breed "maybe that's why I feel comfortable around you~" she stated, smiling even more. She had never met any half-breed other than herself and this made her really happy, already warming up to him. Looking up to the sky and sighing a little, appreciating the vivid colors of the sky and the weird shapes of the clouds. "You know, I haven't really talked to anyone for a long time so I'm really happy that I met you" she stated, letting out a genuine smile and closed her eyes, slowly lying on the soft green grass and relaxing herself.

Vlad watched her as she spoke. The moment she smiled at him he got a weird feeling in his stomach. It had been a long time since he felt it. It was the same his way, he had not had a real conversation with someone in a long time. Well he had heard things like "Please don't kill me" and "I'm sorry" over and over again, but he never had an actual conversation.

Vlad stepped up out the water and over to the bags. He rummaged around in the bags and then pulled out something. He also picked up a coat, which he then threw onto the girl. Followed by throwing what he had retrieved out the bag at her, it was small cake. It was the kind you would find cheap in the store, the ones that have an unlimited use by date. "Here eat that, and cover yourself with the coat." he told her, as he turned back to the bag.

He found some other clothes and got dressed before sitting down next to the girl. He also had one of the cakes, which he unwrapped and began to eat.

She suddenly felt a heavy cloth being thrown at her, quickly snapping her eyes open and looking at the cloth. It was a coat and then a cake hit her on the head "Oow~" she whined, taking the cake and smiling at his thoughtfulness "If you're going to give me a cake, no need to throw it on my head, meanie~ but thank you" she said, blushing slightly and biting into the cake. It's been so long since she'd eaten something like this that it made her cry, silent tears of joy flowing down her face "This is so good~"

Vlad finished his cake rather quickly. He could tell that the girl hadn't eaten in some time. After all it was hard to find any good food in this desolate planet. Vlad was lucky, thanks to the demon he could consume any living creature and it would give him the energy he needed. So for him, food was not a huge problem.

He looked over at the girl "So Alexandria, why did you climb this mountain?" he asked curiously.

Alexandria nearly choked at his question, coughing and pounding her chest. Swallowing the remaining bits and pieces of the cake, she chewed slowly, thinking of the reason why she climbed the mountain "Uhm.. to tell you honestly, I don't know" she stated, wiping her tears "maybe because I thought it safe? or maybe because I was told to?" she mumbled more to herself, not really sure of her answer "Ugh, I don't know. It's been so long since I've been in this mountain, I can't remember my reason" she started to get up, dusting herself off and wrapping the coat around her as the air started to get chilly "but it doesn't matter now. We shouldn't dwell in the past, all that matters to me is the present and the future"

Hesper was startled when she noticed his eyes flash red. She watched quietly as he scarfed down the food, the cloth falling from his neck. I need to get out of here... she thought. At that moment, Hesper noticed that the cut on his neck was already beginning to heal, and that he was now able to stand up on his own, though still a bit unstable. If he was able to heal himself up this much already, after just being barely able to move, then Hesper didn't have much time until he was fully healed -- and she did not want to be around for that.

She took a few cautious steps back, trying to think of a way out before this demon decided to take things too far. "What? Don't be ridiculous," Hesper scoffed, "I don't live around here. There isn't any civilization near by for miles." She carefully played with the handle of her knife, no longer pointing it out aggressively, but still holding onto it in case she needed it. "Looks like exploring may be your only option."

Seeing her going back and her scoff, he looked at her with an annoyed look, watching her he said "Never let an opening for a demon hybrid... but thanks anyway for the info." snapping his neck to the side of the cut, he said looking to the woods "It's good to know that in this world still have someone that 'help'..." walking, still a little woozy from the blood loss, he remembered the encounter with the demoness, stopped and said "Oh... You better be careful around here, there is a demoness lurking in the shadows of this forest." walking lowly to the same direction trying to find at least an big tree to climb and a good place to hunt, he didn't cared if she died but letting that demoness feast on that girl just to get powerful, at least that is what he do when he want to get powerful "Feast... food... damn it... That girl had some rabbit meat with her... maybe i'll find some around here?" he thought as his stomach growled again, seeing some bushes move, he thought it was the demoness and waited for the right time to attack.

As the hybrid began walking away, Hesper breathed a sigh of relief. For a hot second there, she thought she was about to become someone's dinner -- again.

But as he was walking off, the boy made a slight jab at her, saying it was nice that there were still people willing to "help" in this world. Emphasis on the word "help". Hesper winced at the remark, looking guiltily down at her knife. It's not like she was this hostile without having a reason for it... In this world, it was kill or be killed. And while the last thing Hesper wanted to do was kill another person, she was also not willing to let herself be killed. She stood there for a moment, thinking about her actions.

It had been weeks since she'd been able to talk to anyone -- was this really the way she wanted all interaction with people to go from here on out, for the rest of her life? Hostile and threatening? ...Of course not. And if she had any hope of seeing even an ounce of goodness in another person, she had to show it in herself first.

The hybrid decided to stop for a second and share the info that there was a demoness somewhere in these woods. "Thanks for the tip..." Hesper muttered after him, trying to think of some way to apologize for her hostility without looking weak. But at that moment, there was a rustle in the bushes, and the hybrid came to a sudden stop. It looked like he was about to pounce on something. Perhaps it was the demoness?? If that was the case, then Hesper needed to run for her life...

But then it hit her. "Wait--!!" Hesper called to the boy, hoping he wouldn't leap yet. Scratched into a nearby tree was an "X", which was a mark that Hesper herself put there to remind herself when she'd placed a trap nearby. And with the rustling in the bushes, she suddenly remembered that she'd set a trap in that bush early in the morning. And at that exact moment, the trap was set off with a loud snap!

Hesper rushed past the demon hybrid and reached into the bush, pulling out a trap with a dead rabbit caught in it. "I guess today is my lucky day after all," she smiled to herself. Holding the rabbit out in front of her, she looked back at the hybrid who was still pale from blood loss. "I set traps up all over this forest earlier this morning. I must have forgotten about this one," Hesper explained, pausing for a second. "Look, I... I'm sorry for being so hostile earlier. If you're still hungry, I wouldn't mind sharing this," she offered, trying to be a bit more friendly. After all -- if there was truly a demoness lurking somewhere in these woods, it was probably better that a simple human like Hesper wasn't out there on her own. It might be safer, in this one instance, to actually have a hybrid nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.