A World Away (Greedy Donuts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ElBell

The bright light of the computer screen illuminated Rosalie's face in the night as she read the post her boyfriend had just made on the small forum they chatted on. She grinned at it and her practiced fingers flew across the keyboard, quickly forming a reply post. Her and her boyfriend were in a unique position that was becoming more and more common: they met online, and they had never met face to face. Sure, they'd send pictures when they could, but those are not exactly guaranteed to be real. It was also easy to lie online, and Rose knew this. She used to believe she'd never let herself be sucked into the world of technology, but a night of drinking and desperation drug her onto the dating site on which she and her current partner had met on. Biting her lip, Rose sent another message.
"Are we ever going to meet?"
Rose hated putting him on the spot, but at the same time, 8 months seemed like more than long enough to try and meet. She wanted to know that this was real, and that she really was talking to a man she could be with.

Reactions: GreenSea
It was a dark light and only Darius' monitor light the room, Darius grinned as he chat with his girlfriend which he met in forum a year ago. Darius with stubble and long hair was surprised that suddenly his girlfriend finally decided to meet up, he was excited but at the same time nervous as he couldn't show him as he is right now. "yes... but not tomorrow" Darius soon slowly open up his curtain full of dust, as he touched the curtain his hand could touched the dust in his hand. The sunlight soon shine across his room and Darius closed his face slightly to blockade the sun from his view, He decided to clean his room and tidied his clothes. It's been 2 years since he lock himself in the room, he never had the motive to went out since then until today. Darius stepped out as he went to barber shop to cut his long hair into a dark brown spike and of course he did work in his room to earn some money and eat using delivery onlinely. Darius sighed as he walked out of the barber shop, he went back home and reply to his girlfriend once more, "Okay.. when do we meet then?" Darius bring out his old clothes and try to save them for the "date" with his girlfriend.

Rose was pretty understanding that it couldn't be an immediate thing that they meet, but she was a little nervous at how he just kinda disappeared after that. Sighing and wondering if she'd scared him away, Rose went and ran errands for a few hours. Upon returning home with her groceries, she saw Darius' message, and began to type her response. "Well, we've never said exactly where we live, so I need to know where we're going before we pick a date. I live in France, how about you?" She asks, feeling mildly curious.

Darius scratches his hair as he was living far from french, "America.. but I can do anything if it's to meet you.." Darius' began to packed his things and cancel his freelance job that he was about to sign up for. ".. I'm going.." Darius gave a final checked through his list of things and he prayed for awhile since he doesn't want to messed his first meeting with his girlfriend which he know onlinely for over the years. "Am I taking the right choice?" Darius wondering if he really do the right thing. Darius went to the airport and he flew to the city of love to meet his girlfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.