A Wolf Among The Sheep

"I was never going to be able to move myself straight off, Tate. I hadn't been strong enough to do that, an' I still got the scars to prove it," she assured him softly, shaking her head as her hand rubbed his side reassuringly. That attack, while they had been spending some time together after searching for any leads on the kidnapped pack members, had been a rude awakening. It slapped Luana around the face and all but screamed at her that she was incapable. "All I could think then was... what if that had been you, y'know? I'd not've been able to do much, if anythin'. An'... an' from there, things just felt like they got worse for me. I just got into my own 'ead."

Eventually Luana propped herself up onto her one elbow so she leaning higher than he was. She looked towards the window of the hut, taking a moment to reflect on what it had been like two years ago. Learning everything in such a short space of time had felt impossible, and now there was a new pup on the scene who would undoubtedly be feeling the same as she had done.

She came back to focus onto Tate, quickly smiling so he knew that she was alright and that she was still in a good space mentally.

"Now I just need to prove to all of them out there that I'm good enough for them. Good enough for you." She smiled quietly, hand moving away from his side to his hand, which she then played with casually, "It ain't goin'ta be easy, I know that. 'Specially after all that drama... but I'm determined. I earned the respect of my pack... hopefully I can do the same here too."

Exhaling a heavy sigh, her eyes moved back to the window where the evening had finally drawn in, "Have you... have you had dinner? I... I'm not sure if I saw you ate or not." She asked hesitantly, uncertain where else to go in terms of conversation with her own mate.

She didn't want to keep going on about wanting to prove herself and have the pack feel as though they could rely on her. She knew that was a problem she had to resolve by herself and it would be one that took longer than a day to resole. So she didn't want to keep brothering him with the same old boring worries she had.

"Tala and Teddy will be way underway with their sleepover by now," she then snorted, eyes lowering to where her hand still played with his, "I hope poor Ronan can handle them by himself. It'll certainly be a test for his patience and sanity, I think, having those two girls together for a night."

Acknowledging that she was eager to move the conversation on, Tate held back further reassurances he had hoped to part with. Ultimately, no amount of reassuring his mate would make a difference when it came to her desire to prove to the pack that she was the alpha they deserved - only her own actions, and succeeding in them, would reassure her of that fact. He could spend hours ensuring her that the pack would come to trust and respect her again, but there was a marked difference between bestowing her with those words and her going out into the world, proving with her actions that she was worthy.

And though he wanted to reach out and reassure her that she didn't need to focus so intensely on proving that to them all, that their harshness with her would pale and ebb over time, he also respected the fact she wasn't happy to just rest back on a possibility.

That instead, she sought to go out and earn their trust, proving to herself, as well as to them, that she was good enough.

That sort of dedication was one of the many reasons he loved her as dearly as he did.

"Nah, I haven't had dinner - don't really feel like sittin' out there with everyone tonight anyway. Too much has gone on today, y'know? I'm better off just... separating myself from everyone an' starting afresh tomorrow. I ain't that hungry so it ain't a big deal," he promised as he stretched his arms out above his head, the motion causing a small groan to escape through parted lips. A yawn followed it, a tired smile resting contently on his features as his hands came to rest behind his head, propping it up a little to encourage him to stay awake as long as he could - however difficult the task was becoming when his eyelids started to weigh heavier and heavier by the second.

"Hm? Oh, the girls-- yeah, he's in at the deep end, ain't he? First time those two have really had a proper lil' sleepover too. But he's a Dad, he's gotta get used to this sort of stuff. An' he's part of the family now - he has to expect pitchin' in with babysitting duties; looking after Tala for us an' Benji in time. It's what families do," he shrugged casually, though a faint smirk began to part on his lips, unable to hold back his amusement at the thought of Ronan trying to juggle two toddlers, excited -and potentially hyperactive as a result- about their sleepover.

"Nah, he'll be fine. They'll settle down an' he'll enjoy looking after 'em. It's... his first night with Teddy since he got here, right? He'll love it, Lu. Spending the night with his kid. It'll mean everythin' to him. An' by tomorrow, Anders will 'ave got Georgia settled in an'... he and Ronan will be back on good terms, so don't fret, 'kay? They'll be alright."

Rolling onto her front, Luana kept herself propped up on her elbows, one leg partially thrown over his nearest one so her foot could gently graze against his. She raised an eyebrow at his comment about not eating, a hand reaching out to take his and bring it up to her lips where she pressed them against his knuckles, "You know you'd be lecturin' me if I'd just said all that. You've been on a hunt, you've had a very strenuous day... you ought to be eatin'." She added another gentle kiss to his knuckles before just holding his hand against his cheek, "But I ain't goin'ta nag you... I got a kid for that."

She grinned, her thumb brushing up and down the side of his wrist. The expression slowly faded as she watched him, looking down on him and studying his features for any signs that he was hiding something more than what he was implying. But her features remained soft, warm... a love behind her eyes.

"We're goin'ta have to take that duty one day. I think it'll fuckin' kill me." She laughed finally, shaking her head in amusement, "Tala's bad enough to deal with when she's all excited, let alone two of 'em feedin' off each other."

The laughter faded at the mention of the troubles that Anders and Ronan suddenly seemed to have, her expression also dropping as a result. Her gaze dropped to their hands which she moved to hold in front of her, her thumb now rubbing against the side of his hand, "...Do you think? I just... I can't help but worry for them, Tate. They've had it just as rough as we 'ave, except Anders couldn't talk to anyone about it. Ronan... he told me stuff about his first pack an' I... I can't help but worry that this is all just... a replay for him. I just want them to be happy, y'know? Like... like us."

Exhaling heavily, she dropped to lay on her front, but ensuring to have more of her body resting on top of his. The contact was needed, desired, if only to keep herself relaxed. She had to have faith that all would end up as it should eventually.

She leaned up to press three light kisses against his neck, leading up from his shoulder to just under his ear, "I know you're right though... s'just like with Dase... we gotta... we gotta let them figure it out by themselves." She sighed, adding another kiss to the spot just before his ear on his cheek before resting her head back onto his shoulder, "We did, eventually... hopefully they will too."

"Course they'll figure it out, Lu, don't even worry about it. An' they got a kid, that'll motivate 'em to quit acting like pricks an' get their acts together, won't it? It helped me, anyway. I wasn't gonna keep being a dickhead to you when I had Tala around, lookin' up to me, all impressionable an' stuff. Nah, I... wanted to be a good Dad and then everythin' kinda just fell back in place with you, the way it was always meant to. So they'll figure it out," he nodded, hoping the repetition would help to make the statement seem more solid and confident than it actually was - because it didn't come from a place of certainty.

The reassurance came naturally, the alpha unwilling to leave his mate in a state of concern for two of her closest friends within the pack, the uncles to her child, but he would be lying if he tried to state that he believed in his own remarks. It was why he purposely made sure not to make any promises, aware that there was a chance that those promises would become useless if the two didn't figure things out as Tate had been keen to emphasise.

He wanted them to, of course, but he wasn't in their relationship, aware of each passing remark -or potential insult- that they uttered to one another. He didn't knew the intricacies of their interactions and whether too much had been said to make a quick reunion impossible. He couldn't, therefore, promise Luana that everything would be alright when, simply, he didn't know - but he knew he had to say something, even if he wasn't as confident as he was doing a good job of pretending to be.

Understandably, he was eager to drop the subject as soon as he made the appropriate assurances, preferring instead to focus on the shared moments of intimacy gradually becoming more frequent between them. Inevitably, after two years without that intimacy (at least coming from his mate, with his time with Leah not pleasing him as much as his mate's company ever could), he was eager to expand upon it; to make the most of the moment while they had the luxury of the hut to themselves. They wouldn't always have that privilege with Tala around, so capitalising on it whilst they could seemed the wisest of all available options.

"We should stop talkin' 'bout everyone else, y'know; focus on us instead for tonight. I'll... have somethin' to eat afterwards, 'kay? Promise. I figured we could... have some fun now, an' then I'll grab something to eat after. Reenergise myself. That alright?" He smirked, resting a hand behind his head to wait for the hint to settle in. "...I mean, we could just sleep, I'm cool with that, but-- we got the hut to ourselves an' that's gonna be a rarity with Tala about, ain't it? We could-- make the most of it, darlin', if you fancied it?"

Luana kept her head on his shoulder as he reassured her, gently tracing circles with her fingertip on his chest. She knew not to expect promises, and didn't even want them from her mate. As he believed, she also knew that only Ronan and Anders could change what was going on between them. While she would be there to listen and (somewhat) support either one of them... she knew they would have to be left to it. They certainly couldn't be interfering after all the drama with Daisy. Saying one thing but doing another.

She exhaled softly in mild defeat, allowing the movement of her fingers to stop and her hand to fall flat against his chest. The closeness and intimacy of their embrace was welcomed, and she even found it heavenly. After two years without the warmth of her mate, Luana was pretty certain she would never take it for granted again.

The first few months of being alone were the hardest, with it just becoming bearable to longer into it she went. However things did get tough again when she found out she was pregnant with Tala, wanting nothing more than to feel the security of her mate's arms around her, his hand on her bump, feeling the babe move beneath their fingers. She had often tortured herself with the imaginings of what it would be like for Tate to have been there during all of that. She could have seen him being incredibly protective, treating her like glass despite the strength she possessed.

However, all those thoughts shattered at his mention of 'fun', her head slowly lifting and hand pressing lightly against his chest to prop herself up ever so slightly. She was a little surprised, having been unsure where they stood in that respect ever since she had come home and he had just broken up with Leah to give them another chance.

"...So... let me get this right... you've just, pretty much, straight up asked me if I want to have sex?" She questioned, amusement gleaming within her eyes, "Is this what parenthood is now? Us planning in moments in which we can have each other in that way?" Luana then teased, moving to straddle him and lean over him.

She wasn't about to deny that she had missed her mate in that way. His scent had long disappeared from her skin before he chosen to give their relationship a second try. She had found herself pining for it, wanting nothing more than for their scents to be mixed together again like they had been once.

"Who said romance is dead?" Luana smirked down at him, leaning slightly to brush her nose against his.

"You know I ain't ever been the subtle type, better to be upfront an' honest when it comes to stuff like this. 'Sides, you've got a point - we ain't got the freedom of doing what we want when we want with Tala about. We gotta be creative, make the time to, uh... be intimate. Have sex. All that stuff. If she's off at a sleepover, now seems as good a time as any to reconnect properly, Lu," the alpha said with a grin, unable to hide the expression when his mate had already adjusted her position, that alone seeming to secure an agreement to his suggestion.

He knew he might not have presented the idea quite as romantically as he was capable of doing if he put his mind to it, but he was eager to connect to Luana again; to have their scents intermingle and rest on one another's skin like they had done years prior.

There would be times when he would focus on being romantic, reiterating his desire and his promise to be a more appreciative and supportive mate to Luana by presenting his love for her more transparently, but now wasn't an opportunity he could just pass up. He could both set aside days in the future, dedicating a date with Luana where he could work on being romantic and making her feel loved and fulfilled, and be spontaneous, capitalising on moments where they had the hut to themselves and the freedom to do whatever they wished with that privacy.

And right now, what he wanted to do most was restore the intimate element of his relationship. After two years apart from his mate, the person fate had decided was his other half, his soulmate, he yearned for her more than he would admit - he knew if he began to discuss just how much he had missed her, he would let the relief of having her back in his arms emotionally affect him and become far too soppy because of it for his own liking.

When he wanted to kickstart this part of their relationship, becoming soppy and emotional would hardly help maintain the atmosphere being created and cultivated between them; an atmosphere that had been sorely missed since her return to the pack, where anger had (perhaps understandably) dominated his proceedings.

"I can be Mr. Romantic, y'know. Do the 'date' thing, whisk you off to-- I dunno, stargaze or enjoy a hike, stuff like that. I can do that, Lu. I wanna do that," he clarified after a moment, opting to at least confirm that he wasn't prepared to freeze out the expectation of romance; not when he hadn't been the best at it in their past and the result of those more shut-down tendencies had contributed to the difficulties between them. He wanted to amend for his mistakes, prove that he was willing to work at what they had to prevent it disappearing all over again.

And a major part he felt he had to work on was the romance element - specifically, ensuring he was more open and honest regarding how he felt.

"So, uh... just bear that in mind, yeah? That I'm gonna be all romantic an' really work at it. But for now, right now, we-- should just focus on this. On us. 'Cos I ain't gonna lie, I've missed this with you more than I should admit to."

The smirk grew at his words, accompanied by an eyebrow raise as she laughed slightly at his words, encouraged to remain in her position of straddling and hovering over him. The lack of romance or 'soppiness' didn't bother her in the slightest, if anything it amused her as it was the perfect reminder as to how he mate was. Logical, no messing about, straight to the point. Of course, eventually she would want some more of the romantic stuff, to be wooed and taken out as he had mentioned... but at the same time, hearing him speak so plainly and simply about such matters, to know he was eager to have her in that way again.... it was a little bit of a turn on.

She leaned down further as he spoke up again, the smirk melting into a lazy smile as her elbows came to rest above either side of his shoulders and her finger tangled into his hair, "I know you can be," she reassured him, moving one hand from his hair to graze her fingertips against his cheek. Her lips were tantalisingly close to his, almost brushing against his when she spoke, "We have plenty of time to do all that kinda stuff, like you said. For now though..."

Luana's hips came down to press and roll against his, her head moved so she could press her lips against the side of his neck, applying feather-light kisses there and moving around to the hollow of his throat. "For now though, let's focus on reconnectin', shall we?" She questioned, pulling back just enough to look down at him, the smile having grown further on her features.

There was the possibility that this was all too soon. He had just ended things with Leah, her attackers had just been outed, a human village was identified as a potential threat, a new changeling pup had just been identified... and Tala still had yet to both get to know the pack as well as she was still bonding with her father. There was plenty for them to be focusing on, rather than either of them getting some from each other. But Luana wanted to be selfish for a change. The past two years had been all about Tala, and then coming back into the pack, she had been focused on just.... getting them to like her again. Then there had been Tate's unadulterated anger, which, she had to confess, was marginally acceptable and understandable.

"We can both be romantic an' soppy an' all that with each other later, but you're right. Right now, I want you to show much how much you've missed me." She punctuated the last five words with more kisses up his neck, leading to his ear where she gently took the lobe between her teeth to nibble on it before releasing it. "I want to focus on us. Like you said. If only for tonight."

Tate's desperation to outline his intentions of romance was, perhaps, an example of overthinking on his part. For all his criticism of Anders for portraying such tendencies, he wasn't immune to overanalysing now and then. Most of the time, it was expected of him: in his role as alpha, he would be remiss not to examine every single detail available to him. Whether it was for a plan he and the hunters were preparing to embark upon or simply in regard to the day-to-day life, those duties being just as important and thus requiring his full attention, Tate had to adopt an often overly analytical eye just to ensure everything went as seamlessly as possible - and desirable.

When it came to his relationship with Luana, he wanted to preserve the feeling they both currently experienced; that easiness, happiness and excitement that he probably hadn't felt properly in two entire years. Examining areas where he could slip up and jeopardise their union was only natural, and falling into old habits of not appreciating Luana, not finding moments to prioritise her and their relationship, was something he was understandably eager to avoid.

Though he at least allowed himself to relax when the reassurance from his mate arrived, able to abandon the thoughts and focus on the moment, rather than self-sabotage it by dwelling on currently unsubstantiated fears.

Granted, though her reassurance helped, the physical movements made more of an impact in distracting him - how could he focus on anything other than Luana when he felt her hips pressed against him, or the sensation of her kisses leading tantalisingly up his neck? The latter made him smile in anticipation, a playful growl emanating from the base of his throat as he rested a hand in the groove of her waist, applying enough pressure to guide her body back to meet his own.

"Yeah, uh-- focus on us, yeah. Totally. It's what we want an' we deserve it, Lu," he added, albeit distractedly, finding it harder and harder to maintain any real conversation when he wanted to dedicate himself entirely to her; to their 'reconnection', as they had opted to term it. A slow breath rumbled past his lips as he tilted his head upwards to meet hers, not disguising his hunger nor his eagerness as he crashed his lips up to her own.

Her own soft laughter breathed past his ear as she felt his hand on the back of her waist, encouraging her closer. Not that she needed much encouragement. She was happy to press herself against him, allowing her entire body to mould against his from above. Each of the little growls and rumbles she earned from him just excited her more, causing her breathing to hitch and her hips to grind more prominently against his.

As his head lifted, Luana slipped a hand behind his neck to support him, although she was slightly taken aback by the heat of which his lips met hers. She had known he was eager for them to make the most of their time together, alone, without Tala... but she hadn't anticipated just how keen he would be. It caught her off guard, and her eyebrows raised as she composed herself. It didn't take long for her to do so, however, with the young woman's fingers tangling into the back of his hair.

Luana deepened the kiss, her legs tightening either side of his hips as she took his lower lip between her teeth and gently tugged on it. As she pulled back for air, she gulped in a deep breath and sat up, running her fingers through her hair. Her cheeks were already flushed and she kept herself sat over him, hips moving slowly against him.

"We should, uhm-- we should lock the door." She whispered, reaching down to gently run her nails over his chest. Leaning down, she provided another hungry kiss before pulling back and climbing from him, hating having to do so when her arousal was as high as it was.

Hurriedly, she slipped from the bed to the door, fingers rapidly combing through her hair as she walked over to it. Once there, she pulled the latch across, hesitating momentarily as the paranoid maternal worries of if Ronan would need them entered her mind. However, she forced herself to push past such anxieties. While she was up, she also pulled the curtains shut, cheeks flushing at the mere thought of potential peekers.

Though he understood why she had to disrupt their embrace (even though things had just started to hot up), it didn't stop Tate from groaning in unsubtle annoyance, a petulant pout falling into place in that dismay. He rolled onto his side to observe her movements, his gaze down her body far from discreet - though why did he have to be?

Outside of the hut was a different matter, of course. With the break-up with Leah incredibly recent, the last thing she deserved was to have her pain amplified by seeing him and Luana in one another's arms, their love for one another on full display. Leah was far too nice and sweet to have to endure the pain of that, especially when her emotions were raw after the breakdown of a relationship she hadn't seen coming, so if he had to hold back on more open displays of affection with his mate on that basis alone, he would.

It wouldn't be forever, but a fortnight or so of being more subtle in public with their love felt appropriate under the circumstances. Only after that could he consider putting his relationship in view of the pack and, he hoped, accepted entirely by them.

In private, however, he had no reason to be so subtle in his physical admiration and desire for his mate. If anything, the current postponement of enjoying their relationship to its very fullest gave him even more of a reason to enjoy their moments in privacy; to make the most of being able to freely enjoy her company without restricting himself in any way.

"Nobody would peep in, Lu," he whined, the move to protect their privacy being a smart one, though the few seconds it shaved away from having her in his arms and exploring the physical dynamic that he had sorely missed were far too long, another groan escaping him as he rolled onto his back, hands coming to rest on his chest.

"C'mon, come back over here," he murmured with a pat on the bed at his side, a slow smirk parting on his face. "You can either fiddle about with the curtains or come an' wrap yourself back 'round me. It shouldn't be a difficult choice, darlin'."

"You never know." She mumbled in retort, cheeks flushing pink at her own paranoia, "I just wanted to make sure. Ain't no harm in makin' sure that what's for us stays between us." She glanced back to him, turning to face her mate as he laid on the bed.

She took the time, and the space she had put between, to admire him. Her eyes ran over him as unashamedly as his did to her a moment ago, unknown to her. She almost felt nervous, exploring this physical reconnection and being with him in that way again. Prior to their break, they had only been with one another a handful of times, most of which having been during her heat. Before that, she had been a virgin. Now, standing just off to the side, there was the expectation, the anticipation, of what was to come.

Taking a deep breath, Luana pushed herself away from the wall and approached him. However, instead of hurrying over as was probably expected (and desired), she took her time. She pushed her shoes off as she took her first two steps, her fingers reaching up to begin unbuttoning the four buttons at the top of her shirt.

Her movements were deliberately slow, drawing out the spectacle to a point where even after unbuttoning her top she didn't take it off, instead moving to release the button of her trousers first. She kept eye contact, forcing herself to keeping her breathing calm despite the excitement that was building within her as she undressed in front of her mate.

She drew her shirt over her head in one step, and paused to bend over to push her trousers down. She then stepped out of them.

Left in her underwear, Luana climbed onto the bed, kneeling on the edge and partially leaning over with her one hand pressing into the mattress while the other reached out to graze her fingertips over the sensitive area of his lower stomach, dipping in and out from under the waistband of his trousers.

"It's not a difficult choice, you're right." She murmured, remaining besides him as she moved her hand onto his trousers, fingers playing with the button that kept them done up, "So here I am...ready for you... why are you still dressed?"

If the alpha's eyes had wandered before, there was little chance in him being able to fight off the urge to do so again when the other began to undress, almost agonisingly slow in her approach. Yet, rather than unashamedly take her in, Tate found himself blushing bashfully instead, not wanting to inadvertently offend or make things awkward for her - even if they were mates who had enjoyed one another in such a way a handful of times in the past.

But two years had passed since they last were together, generally as well as intimately. The former had already proven to be an obstacle they had to overcome, with emotions having run wild and untamed, insults and accusations flung cruelly as a result (albeit mostly from him, with Luana mostly innocent in that regard) but they had managed to move past it, recognising that their feelings for one another made everything else pale in comparison.

But seamlessly slipping back into the more intimate nature of their relationship could prove to be a harder task, even if his eagerness for it seemed to be strongly reciprocated by Luana whose playful teasing as she crawled back into bed beside him made his blush intensify to a deep crimson, the colour creeping from his cheeks to his neck. They could fall into one another's arms and let their feelings take over, but there was never a guarantee that things would go smoothly, with awkwardness after two years apart a possibility - or, at least, Tate reluctantly (though momentarily) acknowledged it to be.
divider-boom-blasters-loud-custom-car-horns-funny-musical-car-2.png

...Though ultimately, it was a fear, however minimal, that would have no basis. If anything, the two years away from his mate, unable to have her at his side where he knew she belonged (the vice versa also being true) made every touch, every kiss, not only mean more but feel more, the sensation they encompassed often rendering Tate entirely breathless. He had always enjoyed being with Luana, with the pleasure she brought him unrivalled, but he only recognised just how amazing she was now he had that absence to look back on; now he could reflect and realise that he had someone special in his life who brought him happiness like nobody else could.

Granted, sex wasn't the be-all and end-all, certainly not the thing he had missed most from Luana... but he would be lying if he said he didn't enjoy it; that, once the idea between them arose, he wasn't incredibly thrilled by the chance to be with his mate.

And though the fear of there being an awkward atmosphere after so long apart had entered his head, it disappeared almost immediately once they began - and barely registered as ever having been a fear at all by the time they finished, with the only thoughts a breathless, panting Tate could comprehend being the strength of his love and adoration for the woman at his side.

"I, uh... that was, uh... shit, Lu, that was amazing," he eventually blurted as he shifted onto his side to peer over at her, the widening of his smile and the softening of his eyes occurring the moment she came into view. "Not that I doubted it, obviously, you're-- you're always amazing, just-- that was-- special, y'know? At risk of sounding fuckin' soppy, I... I really missed you an' that was-- just confirmation of the fact that you're the only girl for me, I guess. My soulmate. That's fuckin' cheesy, I know, I'm just-- I'm real happy right now."

Luana pulled the covers up to her chest once they were done, taking a moment to catch her breath just as he was doing once he had rolled away from her. She allowed her eyes to fall closed, a hand lazily pinning the bed sheet in place against her chest. When she eventually came down from the high she had been take to, the one he had taken her to, she rolled onto her own side with a soft sigh of contentedness.

Her cheeks flushed as soon as he started talking, opening her eyes to find him already facing her way with his eyes trained on her face. Finding him like that, with such softness and adoration in his expression, made Luana's face burn even hotter. It made her avert her gaze and bite at her lower lip bashfully, feet rubbing together as she laid out beside him.

"Good to know the sex confirmed that for you." She teased finally, voice small in her sudden shyness.

She tentatively moved closer, reaching a hand out to clasp it onto his side and stroke her thumb against his side. Luana finally met his gaze again, lips curling up into a warm, fond smile of her own which only grew the longer she looked at him.

"I've really missed you too." She spoke after a brief pause, hand moving from his side up to cup his cheek. Luana wasn't sure if it was her or if the intimacy really had just intensified after what they had just done, "I missed you so much it hurt... unless me calling Tala all but your name didn't-- unless that wa'n't already obvious." She laughed, the sound a little sheepish as she looked down between them and then back up to him.

"I'm glad you're happy-- I'm so sorry for ever making you not happy. All I ever want is you to be happy, you know that, right? You're... You're mine. You're mine to make happy an' to love an' to... an' to just be with. An'-- an' I'm just so glad it's you." She sniffed, taking the hand from his cheek to quickly wipe at her nose with a light chuckle, "God, now look who's being bloody soppy."

"Y'know, not that I want you gettin' yourself all emotional, but I ain't gonna pretend I ain't glad - saves me being the only soppy one in our relationship, doesn't it? I don't wanna hold that title, but I don't mind sharing it with 'ya," he teased in return as he pressed in closer at the gentleness of her touch. He knew that they would have to move eventually, especially if she was serious about him grabbing something to eat before the evening concluded, but he didn't want to, preferring instead to remain nestled beneath the blankets at her side, their bodies almost intertwined in the still loving embrace.

It was, however, an ideal scenario that wouldn't remain for too long, especially when an audible growl from his stomach arose. Any attempt he was planning to make to convince Luana that he wasn't hungry and that skipping that evening's meal in order to remain cuddled at her side would be useless now there was evidence such claims would be little more than lies. In annoyance at that realisation, he rolled onto his back with a groan, hesitating a further few seconds before making the reluctant decision to step out from the bed.

"We can eat in the hut, right? I don't fancy eatin' out with the pack an' having them all see-- y'know. Marks an' stuff. I ain't one of the guys who feels comfortable discussing private stuff like this, so, uh... last thing I want is, like, Gio teasing me about anything. An' god forbid the twins notice, I won't hear the end of it. Nah, just-- I'll grab us some food and we'll eat it in here, in bed, yeah?" He proposed as he scooped up his clothes from the floor, having been far less careful and deliberate in his motions when removing them like Luana had. On the contrary, he had (rather excitably) opted to toss them haphazardly onto the ground, his eagerness having taken over and dictated his course of actions.

Only now, as he collected his t-shirt from the curtail rail and failed to find one of his socks, did he realise that Luana had had the right decision in placing everything in neat piles beside the bed.

"You can stay in 'ere if you want, if you're too comfy under the blankets," he continued, faintly -albeit briefly- grimacing at the slight ache in his hip. "I won't be holdin' conversations with anyone so I'll be five minutes, tops. I'll, uh-- check in on that new pup tomorrow, when she's settled in. Doubt Anders wants either of us intervening in things tonight when she's just arrived, y'know?"

Luana was more than happy to encourage him closer as he did, even going as far to bring him in to another slow, tantalising kiss which held the promise of another round. However, his gurgling stomach interrupted any further teasing, and she reluctantly allowed him to roll away from her after she broke off the kiss. She also rolled away from him, using that momentum to get herself to sit up with a soft sigh of exertion. She lifted her hands above her head, back arching as she rode the delicious stretch she was mastering. Eventually she dropped her hands back to her lap before using them to hold the sheet back up to her chest.

She sat against the wall with the pillow up, humming in her contentedness before that trailed off as she became distracted with watching her mate gather his clothes... naked. She barely heard what he said about eating in the hut and keeping the marks she had made hidden from Gio and the twins, only zoning back in onto his words when she registered the questioning tone of his voice.

Too occupied, she had been, with admiring the little marks she had left on his skin, feeling herself puff up slightly with pride for claiming back what was rightfully hers. The nail marks on his back, the little love bites on his chest, one right besides his Mated Mark... another area she had been sure to refresh with her claim.

She bit at her lower lip at the mere thought, the memories of last night greeting her until she found herself hungry for something that some stew and bread couldn't fulfil.

"I'd be happy to give you more marks in places no one else will see..." She murmured, her voice turning lower and huskier with the arousal she was already feeling. Her eyes ran, unashamedly, over his body once more, and a smirk crept onto her lips in a cockiness to her own lack of subtilty.

Eventually she moved to lay out on her front on the bed, moving the sheets so they covered her behind, but not much else as she kept another section pinned to her chest. Her legs bent so her feet were raised in the air, crossed at the ankles. Her head soon became propped up in her hands, her forearms keeping the sheet pinned to her chest as her smirk dropped into a fond smile of adoration as she looked up at him.

"Hm... if things weren't so fragile, I'd demand you walked around shirtless so all them lot were reminded of just who you belonged to." She teased, eyes flaring at the mere thought as that innate side agreed far too strongly. Two years apart made for a very potent innate and wolfish side.

Luana nodded, finally, in answer to his question, lowering her hands to stretch them out across the bed with a soft groan, "That sounds fine to me. Like you said, he'd probably appreciate just a little bit of time introducin' her to the whole environment. I remember when I first shifted-- everythin' was so heightened, y'know? Smells, colours, noises... I can only imagine how overwhelmin' it must be for the poor pup."

Though he remained oblivious to his mate's unashamed observations of the contours and grooves of his toned physique, he wasn't in the dark regarding the teasing she also placed on display. He had only finished what he felt was necessary to utter when her words finally sunk in, a rapid grin spreading across his face in approval of the continuation of that playful element - even if it only excited him, and made the prospect of heading out to collect dinner, rather than jumping back into bed to capitalise on the continually flirtatious mood, wasn't an enjoyable one.

Frankly, he was tempted to simply do what his head urged him to do - to abandon the pack entirely for the rest of the night and let them conclude the evening themselves, just so he could devote every second of his time until sunrise to Luana.

Or more specifically, to pleasing her.

He hesitated a moment, debating whether to engage in the flirtation and make it that little bit more difficult to leave the hut or do his best to disengage and focus on getting dinner, knowing they both could do with a hot meal to replenish themselves. Ultimately -and perhaps inevitably- he was incapable of parting abruptly without reciprocating the energy fed to him; not when his own hunger for Luana hadn't quietened after their love-making. On the contrary, it had sparked all those long-unignited flames, the alpha now experiencing that burning desire for his mate that seemed to refuse to fade, even only momentarily so they could focus on other matters.

No, his priority ultimately became tending to her and the mood they continued to feed into, his hands coming to rest on the bed either side of her body to allow him to lean down and close the distance between them, the delighted grin having transitioned into more of a smirk; one that acknowledged that the hunger he felt was mutual on her part.

"...I'm half-tempted to let you do that, darlin'. You can give me all the marks you wanna give me. I just know that the moment you do, I ain't gonna resist goin' in for round two," he continued, happy to indulge in the playful air; one he continued to lean into by placing a quick kiss on the tip of her nose to conclude his remarks. Only then did he lean back slightly, his smirk softening in acknowledgement of the atmosphere between them.

"We don't have to go to dinner, y'know. We ain't got an obligation to show our faces each night out there. But I also know you're only gonna hound me if I don't get any food in me, aren't 'ya? You're a Mama now, you're able to pull out that serious bossy Ma energy, an' I ain't gonna lie to 'ya, that shit can be real scary," he teased as he stood back up with another light groan beneath his breath, stretching his arms up above his head to ease his muscles. "Nah, we should go eat, I guess. Can always do stuff afterwards-- though I heard you can't have sex on a full stomach or somethin'. Maybe that's swimming. I can't remember. I, ah-- I'm sure it'll be fine."

An excited shiver ran over her as he leaned down to her level, causing her to prop herself back up onto her elbows with a lazy smirk. She bit her lower lip at the prospect of a round two, pressing her thighs together as she had to tilt her head back ever so slightly to look up at him. However, she was incapable of swallowing back the soft whine of protest as he simply kissed the tip of her nose before pulling back, her brow furrowing in a petulant manner.

Luana allowed her arms to push out from underneath herself, causing her to fall completely onto the mattress with a soft 'hmph' of indignation, although teasing in her playful protest of the decision he had made.

She wasn't eager to leave the hut, the scent of sex would be heavy on the both of them, and she knew what that would say to the pack. She knew that her relationship with the pack was still fragile and unstable. She wasn't particularly keen to see how they would react to noticing how her scent was now thick with Tate's, and vice versa. Of course, in the moment and within the hut, she wanted nothing more than to have her mate's scent staining her like a fine perfume. That innate side of her that hadn't had the pleasure of seeing her mate for so long wanted to remind everyone of who he truly belonged to. It made her want to claim him all over again.

Reluctantly, Luana sighed and rolled herself over so she was by the edge of the bed to sit up. Her fingers combed through her short hair before she ruffled it, arms raising not long afterwards to stretch above her head which in turn caused her back to arch and head to roll once around.

"If you think the bossy Ma energy is bad... you ain't seen me be an alpha yet." She smirked to him over her shoulder as she stood and fetched her shirt from the nearby chair she had left it draped across. She shrugged the garment on but walked across to him as she buttoned it back up, beginning to hide her body from view.

When she reached him, she wrapped her arms around him and began to gently massage his back with her fingertips, looking up to him as she pressed against him, "In fact, you've not even seen the real stern Ma energy that I can put on. Just you wait." She chuckled, reaching up to kiss the sweet spot just below his ear.

"Come on then, if you're that adamant to get food... we'd better get goin' before it's all gone. But if you think that the twins and Gio won't say anythin' because they can't see any marks on you... they're going to smell it first." She teased, retracting her arms so her hands could hold either side of his shirt for a moment. She leaned up, making sure to graze her body slowly against his as she pressed her nose against the side of his neck, "Hm... but my scent does smell good on you." She pulled back after a final kiss to his throat, smirking up at him before pulling away to fetch her trousers.

It had passed Tate's mind that the physical evidence of love-making upon his skin could be expertly concealed and yet the older members in the pack, almost in their entirety, would realise what he and Luana had spent their time doing. Given his preference for privacy when it came to matters of the bedroom, the thought of everyone gradually recognising the fact their scents were staining one another's skin in a way that would be impossible without sex having first taken place did make him a tad wary - if only because he knew the embarrassment he would face once those realisations sunk in would hit him hard.

But he also knew he was a grown man who had no reason to feel embarrassed at doing something as natural as being with his mate - especially after two years without her touch. That didn't mean he was prepared to shout from the rooftops whenever they did make love, nor was he going to parade the evidence around carelessly, but the least he figured he could do was get on with his day-to-day life, uncaring if the pack did notice marks from his intimacy.

Especially when he was, perhaps, the happiest he had been in years, so much so that he refused to allow any worries or insecurities influence the way he led his life.

"...They'll notice, sure, but I don't see why we should worry too much about that, darlin'. We're grown adults. We've been apart two years. I wasn't going t' 'ave been able to keep my hands off 'ya too long, they should be expecting this," he grinned cheekily in response as he leaned beside the front door to wait for her to finish changing, casting her appearance a final glance over in acknowledgment of a reddened mark from one of his more passionate kisses on display on her neck though when evidence of their time together was obvious without those visible elements, what did it matter if anyone saw something?

Trying to hide what was already crystal clear would only reflect negatively on him in the long run.

Despite his contemplation, there was one matter he had failed to consider throughout it all - and as a result, when he eventually recognised what he had overlooked, it hit him harder than it would have done if he had had time to prepare himself. Yet, he hadn't, and so was forced to take in the sight of Leah sat beside the fireplace, the flames lighting her pensive expression; an expression that altered dramatically the moment her eyes lifted to the couple and instantly recognised what the changes in their scents indicated.

All at once, her jaw clenched and eyes hardened, even if her anger was ultimately undercut by the oncoming wave of upset, Tate's ability to slip immediately back into a life with his mate while she was left hurt after the abrupt end to their relationship, during which she had supported him constantly despite how rare a good mood from him was, being unfair and incredibly cruel. She blinked back the stinging of tears, holding her knees to her chest in refusal to abandon the scene and make their lives easier for them. No, if they felt awkward by her presence, if it made their desire to revel in their intimacy more difficult, then she could at least be comforted by it.

"You can, uh-- you can go back in, if 'ya want. I'll get dinner for us, if you wanna avoid-- y'know. This." Tate whispered beneath his breath, his immediate attention returning to his mate. His eyes searched hers quietly, the thought of how uncomfortable she felt coming to mind and, therefore, being something he wished to avoid growing further than was necessary. "Seriously Lu, we don't 'ave to sit out here an' eat, it's, uh... not a good time, I guess."

The changes in her mate's behaviour did not go unnoticed by Luana, who had remained by his side the moment they left the hut. It did take her a few second to realise why though, her eyes immediately scouring the firepit to locate the source of his tension. She hadn't been expecting to find Leah staring right back at them, tears glistening in her eyes alongside an anger and disgust that caught her by surprise.

It made her own body stiffen, unable to look away from the other woman's gaze as it swirled with like a storm to a point where she seriously did have to wonder if the other woman actually wanted her hurt. She couldn't blame Leah for feeling how she was feeling, however. Luana understood that she and Tate had brought this all on, that the fury that she was now vulnerable to was of their own doing. Leah had been with Tate through the worst two years of his life. Granted, Luana didn't know that he was responding so badly to her absence, and would have returned home immediately if she knew. However, Leah had been there for all of it and not only became a friend, but someone he thought he could move on with.

Luana could only wish for the other woman that she found her mate sooner rather than later in order to fill whatever void Tate had left, but also to fill Leah with that happiness that only a real bond could create. She couldn't help but also hope that it would open Leah's eyes to how strong and practically irresistible the mate pull was.

She reluctantly tore her gaze away from Leah as Tate began speaking, turning to face her. She was grateful for the concern her mate showed her and smiled up quietly at him. She did her best to withhold from showing any additional signs of affection, however, not wanting to rub it in Leah's face any further than their stained scents already did. Instead she gave his hand a gentle squeeze, having been holding it as they approached the fire before seeing his ex's reaction.

"I'm fine to be out here with you. We've just sent three bastards packin'... I ain't about to be deterred now." She answered softly, keeping his gaze held firmly with her own so he knew she was serious, "I'm happy to eat it in the hut or out here-- but don't be makin' that decision based on me. I'm with you now for the long haul an' I'll support you no matter what, as your mate an' your fellow alpha." She smiled faintly, "We can't keep runnin' from this though. We got to face it, an' get used to it. As painful as it is. But that's just... that's just how it's goin'ta get better-- with time."

"I know we can't avoid it forever, I just... didn't think we'd 'ave to face it tonight is all. I don't wanna ruin the, uh... the fun we've had with this, that's all. 'Cos it ain't easy an' I don't want you feeling uncomfortable or... unsettled, y'know? I just want a peaceful life. Probably too much to ask for though, ain't it?" Tate responded after a moment or two, having paused long enough to not only contemplate his mate's response but also to take in the obvious determination to refusing to hide away; not when this was as much her pack as it was his and she had every right to prove that dedication to it before its members.

Even if one of those members was Leah and the frostiness emanating from her was far from subtle. He would have retreated to the hut to avoid it (and ignore the continually rising guilt that made it hard for him to feign any sense of normalcy) if not for his mate's seriousness, finding it impossible to counter that with any of his own. Instead, he nodded approvingly, finding her adamant demeanour too impressive to challenge.

Avoiding Leah's gaze as much as he could (now was hardly the time to make eye contact and initiate a conversation with her when it would only deteriorate as a result of her raw emotional state), he took a seat on the log beside the fire and did his best to act as naturally as he could, managing a smile or two to a nearby couple who, though they sensed the obvious tension and made note of the intermingling scents between their alphas, returned the smile without a hint of falseness. As difficult as it was to win back every member of the pack just as easily, the earlier display of loyalty to the community had worked in Luana's favour - members were hardly going to welcome her back with open arms just yet, but the fierce glares and curled lips that had been sent her way just a day or two prior no longer existed now, at least not from a fair majority of the current wolves sat around the fire eating their meals.

In fact, the main source of anger and disgust rose from Leah - though that was as justified as it was inevitable, and was just another hurdle Tate knew he would have to work at to overcome. The positive signs he was witnessing from his pack didn't guarantee anything just yet, but it was a step in the right direction... but any of that positivity from Leah would, he assumed, be a long time coming, however uncomfortable the guilt of seeing her hurt expression would continue to be for him.

All he wanted was to be able to relax as best he could in that moment - enjoy the meal with Luana at his side and make it known to all those present that that wasn't a temporary feature; that they were their alphas and would rule together, proudly and contentedly.

Granted, Uriel's presence didn't make the tension any easier, particularly not with his arm flung over Daisy's shoulders and a grin, unsubtle in its cockiness, fixed onto his good-looking features.

"...S'alright if we come an' have dinner, ain't it? He has to eat, Tate," began Daisy quietly, her eyes momentarily flickering to Luana in recognition of the awkwardness following their earlier disagreement, though wisely opted not to bring that up and, potentially, cause further drama. It was yet another conversation reserved for another day.

"I can eat back in the hut if that's a problem, dude."

"Dude?" Tate repeated, refusing to hold back his incredulity at Uriel's informality; something he couldn't help but feel was purposely disrespectful when he took note of the smirk still resting on the younger wolf's face. He breathed hard, unwilling to upset his sister by rising to the remark, and instead beckoned them to sit on the logs, even if it took every ounce of inner strength to do so. "...Of course, yeah, come eat. I ain't gonna begrudge 'ya that, Uriel."

"Awesome, cheers. I'm real starved," smiled Uriel, the bruises marking his face from the alpha's earlier punch thrown into the light from the roaring fire; a sight that made Daisy grimace and press closer to his side sympathetically, hoping her proximity would at least bring him some comfort as he continued to speak: "So, uh-- you two 'ave been busy, yeah? Getting reacquainted, were 'ya? Makes sense. How long 'ave you guys been apart, Lu? Two years, ain't it?"