Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
horror, supernatural/sci-fi elements, urban fantasy, post-apocalyptic, and pretty much anything involving crime.

ooc | discord

rules & expectations —​
01. please do not create a character until you've joined the discord, and even then, the only thing you should post here is your character's form. keep ooc discussions and questions in the discord.
02. due to limited spots, i won't allow more than one character per person.
03. try to keep abilities and familiars unique to each character! a witch can have anywhere from 1-3 unique abilities.
04. face claims should be realistic.
05. all iwaku rules apply, but that's a given.
06. have fun! enjoy yourselves! don't be a dick out of character! it's really simple stuff i promise.

character sheets —​
you don't have to use any certain code or template, but please keep your forms neat and aesthetically pleasing! they should include all of the basic info listed below, but aside from that, you're free to add as much or as little as you'd like.

⇀ name
⇀ age (18-22)
⇀ face claim
⇀ basic personality
⇀ abilities + familiar
⇀ other than that, you're welcome to add whatever information you believe is critical! ex. your character's backstory, a more detailed personality, etc.

Last edited:

AMITY H.
NAME ↠ amity maeve hallowell
nickname(s) | amma
AGE ↠ 19 years old
dob | june 30
zodiac | cancer
GENDER ↠ cis girl
pronouns | she/her
SEXUALITY ↠ pansexual
romantic orientation | panromantic, but she's very sapphic and has a heavy preference towards fem-aligned individuals
FACE CLAIM ↠ cleo lazuli

KEY PERSONALITY TRAITS ↠ agreeable, intuitive, imaginative, empathetic, warm, cooperative, trusting, considerate, relaxed, peaceful, easygoing, quiet, unassuming, indecisive, self-depriving, not adaptive to change, unassertive, passive, insecure, overtly sensitive
mbti type | isfj, the defender
temperament | phlegmatic
moral alignment | neutral good

ABILITIES ↠ reanimation, mediumship, & death sense.
reanimation | with an immense amount of willpower, some candles, and a few remains, amma can reanimate the dead for a certain period of time.
- once the reanimation process is complete, amity can control whatever (or whoever) she's brought back
- she can't keep something or someone alive forever. at best, reanimation lasts about twenty-four hours unless certain spells are put in place before hand
- reanimation is a grueling process and very taxing on top of that. amity can only keep a corpse present for so long before being forced to let them go. otherwise, she'll overexert herself

mediumship | amity can essentially communicate with the dead. it's exactly as cool and terrifying as one might think.
- her strongest ability; she's extremely well-versed in mediumship
- she can talk to as well as see and interact with any spirit she comes into contact with
- her love for the dead knows no bounds, and she uses this ability to help spirits in any way she can
- however, there are certain entities that are simply too much for amma to handle, especially if they're demonic or malicious in nature

death sense | an ability that amity wishes she was never given--without any warning, she can sense the coming of death and the actual act of dying.
- she's able to sense when a living thing is close to death, and it's not entirely because of intuition since the cause of death can be considered completely accidental, and could have nothing to do with sickness or the like entirely. even without a single physical sign, when she encounters someone or something nearing their final days, amity is usually overwhelmed by an immense sense of dread and an inexplicable yet assaulting scent
- when encountering a near-dead person or creature or anything in between, she can perceive images of how they die, the images can appear as a seconds' long glimpse, a series of flashes, or even the full event depending how close they are to their doom's day. the closer, the clearer the image
- if the death is extremely close, such as a few minutes away, she may even completely become immersed in the cause of death and live through every feeling, sound, and visualization. yeah, pretty morbid, right?
- it's the only ability she is unable to control and decides to surprise her whenever it can get the chance

FAMILIAR ↠ a luzon bleeding-heart dove named ephraim.
⋆ ephraim chose amma when she was only fourteen; at the time, she was just coming to terms with her abilities and the existence of witches.
⋆ his first form was marabou stork, but amma wasn't exactly keen on that (read: she thought he was scary), so instead ephraim settled on something more unassuming--a dove.
⋆ ephraim is a demon and has existed for centuries. however, he's a very benign creature unless provoked.
⋆ amma calls him cute, and he doesn't like it one bit
ephraim: if it weren't for the laws of this land, i would have burned this miserable world to the ground.
amma: you're the size of my palm, OP.

HEADCANONS
⋆ official coven mediator
⋆ of filipino descent
⋆ "if i took a meat cleaver down the center of your skull, i'd have matching halves. that's very important. (^:"
⋆ loves vulture culture
⋆ respect the dead or respect the back of her hand
⋆ her emotions are very superficial, and although she may come off as innocent and harmless, she can actually be extremely cunning and manipulative
⋆ however, generally-speaking she's still an incredibly empathetic person and has the capacity to care deeply for others
⋆ holds a grudge like no other and becomes increasingly set on revenge when she feels like someone has wronged her
⋆ adores nature and prefers to spend her time outside
⋆ has several macabre hobbies such as flower pressing and taxidermy
⋆ puts sugar on everything to make it taste sweeter--meat, pasta, tea, it doesn't matter. she loves things that are sickly sweet
⋆ loves fairy tales and happy endings
⋆ even if she's sensitive and easily upset, she's still a lot more resilient than anyone's willing to give her credit for
⋆ she collects crystals and bones, and knows a great deal about herbology
⋆ wears pink jelly sandals and lacy socks and gingham dresses
⋆ her handwriting is very neat and satisfying
⋆ one time she forgot to say thank you after someone held the door open for her, and she hasn't stopped thinking about it since
⋆ speaking of which, amma has a very good memory
⋆ writes incantations with glitter gel pens
⋆ dyes her hair often
⋆ lends other girls her lip gloss and clothes if they need them
⋆ lilies are her favorite flower, and she always has bunches of them in her bedroom
⋆ all of her herbs are organized in alphabetical order
⋆ her highlighter's brighter than your future
⋆ constantly trying to play mediator
⋆ she has a tattoo that takes up the majority of her right hand; 'my sun and stars' is also written on the inside of her wrist

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: fudgecakez

HEATHER L.
NAME ⇀ heather persephone lovecraft
☾ nickname(s) | h, lovecraft, miss mythic bitch, sunshine
AGE ⇀ 19
☾ dob | october 31st
☾ zodiac | scorpio
GENDER ⇀ cis girl
☾ pronouns | she/her/jher's
SEXUALITY ⇀ pansexual
☾ romantic orientation | she might not appear it but shes very homoromantic, fem-aligned all the way
FACE CLAIM ⇀ @mollly.you

KEY PERSONALITY POINTS ⇀
☾ positive traits
resourceful, brave, attractive, clever, loyal, observant, reliable, skillful, witty
☾ neutral traits
stubborn, passionate, ambitious, intense, proud, sarcastic, fearless
☾ negative traits
distrusting, secretive, violent, arrogant, brutal, cunning, morbid, vindictive, strong-willed, petty, zero impulse control
☾ mbti type | entj
☾ temperament | choleric
☾ moral alignment | chaotic neutral

ABILITIES ⇀
☾ summoning | otherworldly creatures, entities and eldritch horror
☾ trait passed down in her family
☾ takes a little of her blood and forms a sort of 'contract' with what ever she summons
☾ contract exists until she ends it or the creature 'dies'/banished
☾ can have up to 5 different creatures contracted to her
☾ can summon some scary high level shit
☾ has no fatigue with summoning however any creature summoned that gets hurt she feels the pain
☾ emotion manipulation | not an empath
☾ has strong enough emotions that she can sort of 'leak' them to another person
☾ ei. someone is worried or anxious she can give them a number of positive leaks
☾ same can be said that she can give a person negative emotion leaks
☾ does however have to be feeling that emotion at the time or be able to imagine exactly how it feels (happiness/love is the easiest emotion to imagine).

FAMILIAR ⇀
☾ cat named mortem
☾ he's an eldritch monster.
☾ has five purple glowing eyes, purple spines and a tentacle tail
☾ daggers for teeth
☾ she met him, in his actual mass of darkness and monsterness when she was about 5? he was essentially the 'monster under the bed' that she became bffs to. now realistically her parents wanted her to have a normal familiar, but when she was about 13/14 he decided nope he was gunna be her familiar
☾ he's not very good at changing into normal animals, so he doesn't look entirely like a cat
☾ when heather is in danger he goes full monster mode

HEADCANONS ⇀
☾ fears losing the only person she's ever loved, nothing else matters
☾ likes the dark, the moon and night time
☾ plant mom, mostly poisonous or dangerous plants but you get the picture
☾ offensive magic
☾ will rip your head off
☾ careful around her
☾ untamable
☾ "i'm the witch girlfriend you can't have"
☾ loves love songs
☾ cuddles please
☾ chinese take out
☾ cats and snakes
☾ necronomicon
☾ lovecraftian horror
☾ probably has lovecraftian horror pets let's be real
☾ slytherin
☾ "would you like to sample some hexes?"
☾ potions on monday's, spells on wednesday's, summonings on friday nights.
☾ "careful darling."
☾ spells? more like summonings.
☾ impulse control? what's that? a sauce?
☾ we advise you don't piss her off
☾ "the only thing i regret is— wait i don't regret that either"
☾ knight in witch clothes
☾ the one to curse the princess
☾ legally her girlfriends the reason she hasn't killed someone
☾ she's not 'good' ok, don't pretend to believe she is
☾ she won't actively hurt you though
☾ "i could, but—"
☾ poison resistant, she drinks poison in her tea in the mornings
☾ tea over coffee
☾ did i say love songs?
☾ sun queen
☾ $$$$$
☾ "hello darkness my old friend"
☾ f e a r l e s s
☾ tattoo on her arm
☾ tattoo on her chest
☾ tattoo on her inner wrist that says 'moon of my life' in cursive and a tattoo on her hand
☾ "my girlfriend told me not to"

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
See the source image

Name: Jessica Malone

Birthday: August 5

Sign: Leo

Personality: Jessica is the most passionate girl you will ever meet. She is loud, brash, and does everything over-the-top. Despite the fact that it seems like it would be off-putting, she does genuinely care about other members of the coven, and they do like her, or at least tolerate her. Her love of magic borders on an obsession, and she'll often ask for lessons from the other witches.

Bio: Jessica comes from a long line of witches. Her mother was a talented minfreader, and her grandmother was a pyromancer so powerful she could turn herself into fire. Needless to say, magic isn't supernatural to Jessica- it's as natural as the wind and the rain.

Jessica first learned about her powers at the age of four, when she had a conversation with a squirrel in her backyard. By six, she had done her first shapechanging, turning herself into a rabbit. She didn't do all that well in school, save for seventh grade when she managed to dumb luck her way to the finals of the school spelling bee, but she's going to go to LSU for biology. Hey, she can always interview her test subjects!

Familiar: A garter snake named Eleanor. A sassy little serpent, Eleanor has a quip for anything and everything. Notably, she is not a spirit, just an ordinary snake.

Powers:

Shapechanger- Jessica can turn herself into any animal she wishes. The more familiar she is with an animal, the better- becoming a dog would be much easier than turning into a panda, for instance. She also cannot change into magical creatures, or other humans.

Wildspeak: Jessica can speak the language of animals and plants. This gives her a very effective source of information, as most don't have the concept of lying down pat yet.

Other: Do NOT bring up the Great Gator Incident of 2016 around her. It won't end well for you. (Basically, she turned herself into an alligator while visiting family down in the bayou, and for some reason, it took her a week and a half to change back to human. The whole coven knows, thanks to her blabbermouth parents.)

• Bucket of Rainbows

CECELIA WARD
NAME ❧ cecelia ward
nickname(s) | none, although she doesn't care if you use any
AGE ❧ 20
dob | april 26th
zodiac | taurus
GENDER ❧ cis female
pronouns | she/her
SEXUALITY ❧ asexual
romantic orientation | panromantic
FACE CLAIM ❧ lulu antariksa

KEY PERSONALITY TRAITS ❧
﹂Thirst for knowledge and understanding, driven, tenacious, patient, enduring, persistent, determined, trustworthy, empathetic, imaginative, introverted, sensual, possessive, sarcastic, blunt, unafraid to hit where it hurts when needed, rebellious but mostly laidback, steady most times, likes order and routine more than spontaneity, opinionated, loves to debate, will fight for what's right
mbti type | intj
temperament | phlegmatic
moral alignment | chaotic good
ABILITIES ❧
plant growth | can grow all kinds of plants in any kind of environment
* it is easy to make a plant larger, healthier, etc., when the plant is in its normal environment
* takes more energy to grow a plant in an environment the plant isn't supposed to be in
healing | can heal people by taking their injuries on to herself
* heals slightly faster than the average person, with a slightly higher pain tolerance, but depending on the injury she takes on, she can be down and out for a long time.
* has never tried to heal someone on the brink of death/someone who has just died, worried that it will kill her in turn.
blood-bending | controls the fluids in a person's body, operating them like a marionette
* also allows her to constrict and open blood vessels
* she can only hold control over people for a couple hours at most
* those with stronger wills are harder to control
FAMILIAR ❧ a stag named Deagmund
﹂After being left for dead in the forest due to terrible health as an infant, she was found by the forest spirit Deagmund, who assumed the shape of a stag, and was raised back to health out of pity. As her powers began to reveal themselves over time, he became her familiar.
﹂Deagmund is highly protective of Cecelia, having essentially raised her since birth.
﹂While Deagmund has occasionally shifted into a raven or a wolf, he prefers his stag form.
﹂Silent and calm, usually only speaks when spoken to. Generally only interested in Cecelia's well-being.
﹂Let's Cecelia ride on his back often, even if he isn't fond of the treatment.
HEADCANONS ❧
﹂Smol but will fight
﹂Freckled forest child
﹂"If you step on my flowers, I will slit your throat and feed you to them, love."
﹂Will geek out about Victorian flower language and herbology
﹂Interest in machinery
﹂Mother hen who doesn't take care of herself
﹂Nail biter
﹂"I may befriend animals, but I ain't no Snow White."
﹂Ravenclaw
﹂"Books, hot chocolate, and a picnic sounds like the ideal date, yes, thank you."
﹂"All seasons deserve equal amounts of love, and it would be foolish of me to pick a favorite — autumn."
﹂Fill the void with (classical) music
﹂"I can't even begin to explain why you're wrong... but let's begin here,"
﹂Lives through touch
﹂"You're an idiot, but you're my idiot."
﹂Overuse of endearments
﹂Writing incantations in the dirt with a stick
﹂N o t e b o o k s, musings, and ~shitty handwriting~
﹂French as a concept
﹂"I'm an optimistic nihilist."
﹂Wears dresses for comfort, wears suits for style
﹂"You know, except for the illness and overall social injustice, the 18th and 19th centuries really had something going for them."
﹂Likes to collect trinkets
﹂Fluffy blankets and rain
﹂Will cry if you remember random shit about her
﹂Fear of failure
﹂"I don't have time for makeup — I've been wearing this same eyeliner, for six days."
﹂"If you're going to be arrogant, your talents should at least justify your ego."
﹂Adores birds and cats, specifically
﹂Barefoot whenever possible
﹂Bathing naked in a stream in the moonlight
﹂Running through a meadow to race the wind
﹂Her favorite color is green, what a shock

Last edited:

SAFIA D.
NAME ↠ safia xiomara duarte bazanac
nickname(s) » saf, safi, choma (by family)

AGE ↠ 20 years old
dob » 9 february
zodiac » aquarius

GENDER ↠ cis girl
pronouns » she/her

SEXUALITY ↠ bisexual
romantic orientation » polyromantic
• not too keen on asexuals; companionship is nice, but so is sex

FACE CLAIM ↠ herizen guardiola

KEY PERSONALITY TRAITS
positive » adaptable, ebullient, fun-loving, venturesome, patient, magnanimous, spontaneous
negative » wily, can spread herself too thin, irreverent, intense, escapist, self-indulgent, high-handed
mbti type » enfp – 'the journalist'
temperament » sanguine
moral alignment » chaotic neutral

ABILITIES
sympathetic magic » strongly influenced by her mother's voodoo teachings; can create magical links to objects/people/situations
» imitation — can manipulate people or their environments with the use of effigies/fetishes/poppets
» correspondence — can create links through resemblance/relationship via rituals; used to affect a thing/person/situation
healing, protection & blessing spells » achieved through sacrifice (animal or other food offerings [plants, etc]), dedicated rituals, or enchanted objects (talismans already blessed through rituals)
resistance to influence » something of a natural resistance, but can be overcome if the magic is strong enough

FAMILIARa magpie named Ìdin
• 'maggot' in Yoruba — not her name choice
• her maternal great-grandmother's familiar, he sought her out after two generations found familiars before he was able to get to them
• says he supposed to be called Idán ('magic') but something went wrong in the naming department
• can occasionally be a real idiot
• he is, however, a very helpful mentor. where her parents taught her more protection and blessing magic, he teaches her more defensive and offensive magic

HEADCANONS
• her Cuban father is a Santería practitioner; her African-American-Creole mother is a voodoo practitioner
definitely miffed her older brother Matías is better than her at Wicca
• really, really trying to keep up with the coven's form of magic
• ℎ𝑒𝑟 ℎ𝑎𝑖𝑟 𝑖𝑠 𝑓𝑢𝑙𝑙 𝑜𝑓 𝑠𝑒𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑠
• do no harm, but take no shit
• loves a good bonfire party like the next lowkey arsonist
• often visits NOLA
• avid knitter and crocheter; like a Harvest Moon NPC, will make you socks if you're close enough
• box braids are a look — will incorporate other colours like blue or grey into it
• will avoid shopping retail for clothes if she can help it — what a little snipping and sewing on some old thrifted stuff can do
• catchphrase around food: 'Needs salt.'
• will actually carry a small packet of salt around just in case — either for seasoning or supernatural reasons
• always down for a ghost tour — it's nice to catch up with old (dead) friends
• jasmine-like floral scents remind her of death and funerals and are avoided
• spicy, earthy scents are 100% welcome to this party (wood, cinnamon, clove, etc)
• has separate gem and geode collections for enchantments and decoration
• tries to play at being a Matchmaker™️ all the time
• 'You know, I know this really cute guy/girl...'
• 𝙏𝙀𝙌𝙐𝙄𝙇𝘼 𝙏𝙀𝙌𝙐𝙄𝙇𝘼 𝙏𝙀𝙌𝙐𝙄𝙇𝘼
• makes bomb-ass fried chicken, and will never give away her secret it's Cajun spices, sazón, and a touch of asafoetida shh

Last edited:

Ilyas Scott

⇀ NAME ↼
Ilyas Scott

⇀ AGE ↼

⇀ GENDER ↼
Male

⇀ SEXUALITY ↼
Asexual

⇀ FACE CLAIM ↼
Lucky Blue Smith

⇀ PERSONALITY ↼
Apathetic, Decisive, Patient, Simple, Docile

Ilyas is the very definition of quiet and mysterious. He isn't really the expressive type and hardly ever utters a sound. His every movement is subtle and composed as if he lives in fear of letting himself be known to others. What does manage to be taken from what he does express is that he is very caring to those who accept him. Small gestures or gentle touches give others a sense of affection and closeness like that of a very timid cat.

At the same time, he makes it very clear that such gestures are reserved only to those he trusts; of which there are few. To those he doesn't include in his little world, he is indifferent. Whether they live or die, has nothing to do with him and he will not go out of his way to help or harm others unless instructed to do so.

While he may come off as no more than a puppet, he does have a bit of a stubborn streak when he does take interest or want something. Everything he does serves a purpose. Even if Ilyas isn't the most opinionated member of the coven, he is more than just a blank page.

Temperament:
Phlegmatic

Alignment:
Neutral Good

⇀ ABILITIES ↼
Portal Creation
By visualizing the place he wishes to go, Ilyas can will colorful kaleidoscopic pieces of "lights" to band together to form a window of sorts and effectively travel through them. He believes these lights are aura but is unsure of what this aura belongs to. Aside from the first time he accidentally used this ability, Ilyas can only travel to places he has actually been. Since he is able to do it very quickly, he considers this a viable method of teleportation.

Aura Manipulation

Ilyas can manipulate, shape, and create aura. While he is limited to only manipulating his own, given time, he can slowly regenerate what is lost. Due to his fear over this ability's reliance on his emotions, he has not fully tapped into all seven chakras. In fact, his understanding of the ability is very poor and not properly explored so he doesn't really want to.

What he willingly can do with this:
◆The aforementioned "windows"

◆Use his aura to physically buff himself or another person. (Can only do one at a time.)

◆Shape the aura into energy which could be used to create weapons or force fields or something along those lines. (He's not that creative. T.T)

⇀ FAMILIAR ↼
White Monarch Butterfly
euLXFZN.jpg

"Lazuli"
Around the age of four, Ilyas accidentally opened a window into a foreign world. It was a world cold and devoid of all light yet it held a strong sense of peace that entranced him all the same. In it ruled a being composed of this dark bitter chill. Drawn to the child's light and innocence, this creature took interest and kept Ilyas to himself, slowly absorbing the aura around him. In return for those several years of feasting off of him, the ruler eventually warmed up to this child and grew very protective over this food source.

As the world began to change the child's flavor, the creature eventually followed him out into the human world. Only here for food, he took on the unassuming form of a white butterfly. Since Ilyas was incapable of caring for himself, the creature guided him through life, thinking it as fair payment for the meal.

◆Ilyas named him Lazuli because it sounded nice.

◆Lazuli has the passive ability to give those around him feelings of peace (Comparable to the feeling you get when you slowly die painlessly).

◆He is composed of and can also shape and control smokey dark tendrils that have the same effect.

◆When he flies, dark smokey substance trails behind him, dissipating into the air.

◆Lazuli basically raised Ilyas

◆Whether he sees Ilyas as cattle, a master, a friend, their own child, or a pet is unclear. Lazuli himself refers to him as the former.

⇀BACKGROUND ↼
Raised as the only child by a single father, Ilyas was a lonely child. Although his father never meant to neglect him, he had to work long hours to support both of them. The burden he placed on his father ended at the age of four when he went missing. As a result, the babysitter was arrested and locked up under the assumption she murdered the child and hid the remains. His father was distraught and fell into an endless pit of depression, eventually drinking himself to death.

In the meantime, Ilyas accidentally discovered what the lights he saw around him were. Ever since he was born, his eyes had always wandered to these strange kaleidoscopic lights that flowed carelessly in the air. On the day he disappeared, he wholeheartedly wished for a friend to spend time with. As if in response, the lights gathered and opened a window to Lazuli's world. Lazuli quickly took a liking to the boy's aura and began to consume it on a daily basis. Unaware that he had just become a powerful being's meal, Ilyas accepted the change almost naturally as he found solace in its presence.

As nothing good ever lasts, neither does the bad. After seven long years, his taste changed and the creature followed him out into the human world, hoping it would bring back the flavor he most enjoyed. Upon his return, Ilyas found himself helpless when confronted by other humans. As payment for the meal the creature allowed him to name it and formed a contract of sorts to guide him during their stay in return for letting him feast on his aura. Ilyas agreed and named the creature Lazuli.

Throughout the years, Lazuli guided Ilyas and slowly taught the boy to use his abilities to a certain extent. Ilyas quickly learned that emotions ruled over his abilities more than willpower and decided to keep quiet, recalling Lazuli's warning about words holding power themselves. Fearful of hurting himself should he get angry or excited, Ilyas learned to keep his emotions in check to the point where he can almost be considered apathetic. It was only a matter of time before the two were discovered and taken in by a coven.

⇀EXTRA ↼
◆Even if he did speak, he's still somewhat socially inept due to being confined with Lazuli during the most important years of his childhood. He has a bit of a stutter and mispronounces things when he does choose to say something.

◆Whenever Lazuli eats, he does so when he wants and drains all of Ilyas' energy, leaving him fully conscious but paralyzed as a result.

◆ Most often seen in random loose and baggy clothing as he does not know how to dress and loves layers. This along with his messy hair leaves him looking like a bum.

◆Weapon most often chosen for battle is the shillelagh. He believes they are lucky because leprechauns use them in stories he heard as a child.

◆Lazuli speaks for Ilyas most of the time so Ilyas doesn't have to say a word. Whether he'll accurately translate what Ilyas wants to say, however, is entirely up to him.