"That's the plan!"

Efina gave Umar an upbeat reply, not seeming to mind her exasperation.

The electric attack and Edna's parasol attacks and Rock Trigger made rather short work of the lie, rendering it powerless for Efina to pounce on and eat.

"Get out...or...die..."

The lie spoke for a moment before Efina spit it back out, pawing her tongue as though tasting something bad. She quickly shook her head with a grimace on her face. Clearly that wasn't the lie.

Meanwhile, the Producer's kick knocked one lie creature away, allowing Ren to dart forward and give it a kick himself. It bounced off the ceiling before falling to the ground, motionless. Noticing the other creature had been defeated, Efina leaped once again, stuffing the creature in her mouth to taste it.

"I don't...know..."

"Blech..."

With an unpleasant noise, Efina spat the creature back out, both of them disappearing as Efina chose not to eat them. Neither of them had been a lie that she could eat. In other words, the Mayor had, in that sentence, been telling only the truth.

ZUWyqF7.png

"So there is a Time Gear here, but you don't know where it is, and something's gonna get us if we don't get out of this dump by nightfall? The hell does that mean?"

The Mayor only remained silent before Teo's words, neither denying nor confirming them. However, through the creatures Efina had eaten, there was no need for that anyway.

Serperior's eyes widened for a moment as he received the news the creatures seemed to be spreading throughout the village. He'd mostly been seen through here anyway, and the whole point of his grandstanding here had been the safety of his village. However, he hadn't forgotten the Servines that had been knocked out. The Mayor shot a glare at Umar, not seeming to trust the woman, or anyone else for that matter, to be left alone in the building.

"Ah, don't worry about it. She won't burn your house down for no reason at all. Probably. Besides, we have no reason to stick around in your dumpy old house anyway. Let's go take on that lie creature, or whatever. Alright?"

As though trying to prove his own words, Ren headed for the door, or where the door would have been before it was blown open, and began walking towards where the other group was.

"Yes, that is my ability,"
Serperior responded to the Producer at last. "I do not intend to allow you folk to stay here until night, but for now I will cede that you will make it easier to defeat the strange creature."

Soon enough, the rest of the group would have followed as well, arriving at the small buildings.

In Tachibana's absence, the lie creature seemed to have grown much larger than before. The sky had grown dark with the sun just barely setting, making it even harder to tell exactly how large the black blob was. However, by now, it began to rival the size of the houses in the area, easily dwarfing the group.

Other than fleeing in terror, fighting it so Efina could eat it, despite its ridiculous size, seemed to be the only option.

@Jeremi @Crow @Takumi @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @LuckycoolHawk9 @York

Edna stared up at the lie, befoee deciding to prepare another arte.

With a sigh she sat onto her Parasol as it began to float.

"Shooting Star." she said in a rather bored tone, intending to go all out in hopes of helping to defeat it as quickly as before.

If successful she would follow up with the arte Air Pressure in hopes of crushing the creature with immense pressure.

@Kaykay @Jeremi @Crow @Mason Moretti @York @Yun Lee @Anybody I missed

JITTERS the Pikachu and Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln was surprised that both of those things were the truth and he followed the others out of the door, not quite certain what to expect. He didn't expect a giant lie creature, but you take what you get. He shot electricity from his palms as JITTERS used his only thunder attack. He hoped it would have some effect.

@Kaykay @Jeremi @Crow @Mason Moretti @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @ All

Umar35_zps12c8eeys.png

"First it was annoying snakes, and now amorphous blobs! Will this tedious nightmare ever stop?" Umar's hand crackled with magical energy before she fired it towards the blob.

Umar3_zps1edlji3o.png

"Wither to ashes you hideous creature!"

glXTgGe.png

"We're going to need to sparingly use those Leaf Storms, if that's the case, Serperior," Producer suggests, "maybe use them only ifyou're weakened, then they will be at their peak."

x40Lvjy.png

"Producer, over there!"

And soon, all gazed upon the great slimy blob beast - the lie creature.

"Everyone's going far range, but- wait, so will I."

Producer unleashes a strong barrage of plates - plates that were lying on the floor, previously tossed at Kana, Tachibana, Juzumaru and the others. These plates smacked right into the blob-like being. If that had little to no effect, she would deliver a powerful punch upon it, knocking the lie creature back!

While the lie creature was distracted with fighting everyone, Tachibana runs past it in order to head into the wolf's den. Lycanroc's den, to be precise.

BAzN7Tm.png

"L- Lycanroc, is this a bad time? Because my acquaintances and I are having a bad time ourselves..." Tachibana, frightened as she knocked on the lupine Pokemon's door, spoke. "I- I..."

She was so nervous, she was preparing to run. But someone had to do it. As the one with the least combat capability beyond plays, skits and scripts, she had to be the someone as all else fought.

@Kaykay @Crow @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @LuckycoolHawk9 @York

Reactions: Takumi
Jaune Arc
@Crow @Kaykay @Mason Moretti
@Small Houses

Jaune cocked a brow, about to inquire where this man was... But before he could, a strange blob... Thing found its way into their place, which evidently alarmed the creature in here from before.

Normally, his first impulse would have been to run, but not today! He needed answers, and he needed them as soon as possible, thus... He raised his trusty sword and shield, and decided to try and fight the creature.

hyHEPhe.png

"I don't know what you are... But... ..." He paused... Gulping a little as he tried to think of something witty.

What would Pyrrha, or Ruby, or literally anyone else say in this situation?

"If you're here to hurt anyone... You'll have to go through me first!" He shouted, thinking up something on the spot.​

Reactions: Mason Moretti
The creature's head and body lowered under Edna's arte, the increased air pressure inhibiting its movements. However, it seemed that it wasn't frail enough to be crushed by the pressure. JITTERS and Lincoln's combined electric attacks shocked the creature, its pressured body convulsing slightly as it attempted to stagger closer to the group despite the attacks being poured onto it.

The Producer's plates crashed into the creature and while they weren't exactly damaging, after being shocked and pushed under Edna's Air Pressure, that last punch came in just as Ren jumped forth to deliver a similar punch, the two carrying enough power to force it to stumble. Unfortunately, that was when Umar's magical blast was fired at it, causing it to stray a bit off target. The blast found its mark on part of the creature's body. About a third of its right side was blown away, the blast acting like a pen through wet paper.

Still, it did not pause in its trek forward. Without a word, the lie creature continued staggering forward, taking a swipe with an over-sized arm at Jaune who'd just offered himself up as defense!

"Hey, aren't you gonna do anything?" Efi asked Serperior, who seemed to only be coiling around itself as though in restraint.

Meanwhile, Tachibana would see the door slammed open, hard enough that one would wonder if the door was still okay afterwards. And the one who stared down at her was none other than the Lycanroc.

tXRAJ9O.png

"So, what, you want me to help your crew of invaders? Nightfall is coming kid, so you all should leave before you meet a real monster..."

Standing on his hind legs like a werewolf, Lycanroc gave the young girl a sharp glare from its visible glowing red eye.

@Crow @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @LuckycoolHawk9 @York

The creature's head and body lowered under Edna's arte, the increased air pressure inhibiting its movements. However, it seemed that it wasn't frail enough to be crushed by the pressure. JITTERS and Lincoln's combined electric attacks shocked the creature, its pressured body convulsing slightly as it attempted to stagger closer to the group despite the attacks being poured onto it.

The Producer's plates crashed into the creature and while they weren't exactly damaging, after being shocked and pushed under Edna's Air Pressure, that last punch came in just as Ren jumped forth to deliver a similar punch, the two carrying enough power to force it to stumble. Unfortunately, that was when Umar's magical blast was fired at it, causing it to stray a bit off target. The blast found its mark on part of the creature's body. About a third of its right side was blown away, the blast acting like a pen through wet paper.

Still, it did not pause in its trek forward. Without a word, the lie creature continued staggering forward, taking a swipe with an over-sized arm at Jaune who'd just offered himself up as defense!

"Hey, aren't you gonna do anything?" Efi asked Serperior, who seemed to only be coiling around itself as though in restraint.

Meanwhile, Tachibana would see the door slammed open, hard enough that one would wonder if the door was still okay afterwards. And the one who stared down at her was none other than the Lycanroc.

tXRAJ9O.png

"So, what, you want me to help your crew of invaders? Nightfall is coming kid, so you all should leave before you meet a real monster..."

Standing on his hind legs like a werewolf, Lycanroc gave the young girl a sharp glare from its visible glowing red eye.

Edna sighed, before performing Rock Trigger on the advancing lie.

Turning to the Serperior Edna lifted her foot, before slamming it onto the ground, which would cause the ground to crack and grow slightly uneven towards the grass type, but in a way to cause little to no damage and simply jostle him. Her irritation was apparent, and even though she was used to intimidating even the biggest of Hellions, she didn't care whether it was the same here or not.

tumblr_inline_nip88bblkj1rbl5ti.png

"If you're not going to help. Go back to your home and stop wasting our time by being useless. You're the mayor, right? Get your butt in gear and help us protect those in this village. I may as well 'request' the same of that creature there as well." she grumbled, pointing to Lycanroc.

"Just like humans, you lot are." she added towards the mayor.

Last edited:

tXRAJ9O.png

ogr5WwG.png

"I want my mommy..."

Tachibana was clearly intimidated by the great beast. For a wolf, he was pretty big. His red, glowing eyes were what caused Tachibana to flinch and take three steps back. As she spoke what she needed to, she was as stiff as a corpse.

My, what big teeth he had.

0beNSV9.png

"Well, yes... we do need help, particularly with dealing with a giant slime monster in the middle. You'll help us, w- won't you?" Tachibana points to the lie monster. "I- it's devastating everything... and everyone's doing what they can to h- halt it... which is why I'm asking for help..."

@Kaykay @Mason Moretti

Lincoln Campbell and JITTERS

Lincoln growled in frustration. He had hoped that would be enough. He turned to JITTERS. " I have an idea, but I am going to need your help with this." He hoped the Pikachu agreed. The mouse nodded a she took a ball of his hand and electrocuted it and threw it at the creature. If it bounced off the creature, as he hoped, JITTERS would hit back with his tail and Lincoln would hit back with his palm. It was essentially electric baseb- tennis. Electric tennis. If it didn't work, he would have to come up with a plan B.

@Kaykay @Others

ogr5WwG.png

"I want my mommy..."

Tachibana was clearly intimidated by the great beast. For a wolf, he was pretty big. His red, glowing eyes were what caused Tachibana to flinch and take three steps back. As she spoke what she needed to, she was as stiff as a corpse.

My, what big teeth he had.

0beNSV9.png

"Well, yes... we do need help, particularly with dealing with a giant slime monster in the middle. You'll help us, w- won't you?" Tachibana points to the lie monster. "I- it's devastating everything... and everyone's doing what they can to h- halt it... which is why I'm asking for help..."

@Kaykay @Mason Moretti

The Lycanroc took one slow, heavy step towards Tachibana. He leered at her as his jaw widened just enough to show his teeth, their white reflecting the moonlight. After a moment, he followed her finger to the enormous lie monster. His facial expression softened almost immediately, or at least as much as someone that looked like him could look soft.

"That's, uh...yeah. That's a big problem."

Yet his gaze wasn't entirely focused on the slime monster. From the one eye visible under his overgrown bangs, his focus seemed split between the mayor and the mosnter that threatened their small town through sheer size.

"Okay kid. I'll help ya, a'ight? So you just stay here - but don't you dare actually get inside my house - and I'll...deal with that. Get it?"

Without pause, Lycanroc darted off to help the others. In the end, it was up to Tachibana whether she wanted to stay away from the battle or head back to the group.​

Edna sighed, before performing Rock Trigger on the advancing lie.

Turning to the Serperior Edna lifted her foot, before slamming it onto the ground, which would cause the ground to crack and grow slightly uneven towards the grass type, but in a way to cause little to no damage and simply jostle him. Her irritation was apparent, and even though she was used to intimidating even the biggest of Hellions, she didn't care whether it was the same here or not.

tumblr_inline_nip88bblkj1rbl5ti.png

"If you're not going to help. Go back to your home and stop wasting our time by being useless. You're the mayor, right? Get your butt in gear and help us protect those in this village. I may as well 'request' the same of that creature there as well." she grumbled, pointing to Lycanroc.

"Just like humans, you lot are." she added towards the mayor.

The lie suffered Edna's Rock Trigger and Lincoln and JITTERS's game-like electric attack. Its movements were impeded, and chunks of it soared off into the distance as parts of it broke apart. Ren darted in and out of combat to take large cleaves at it with the Guillotine that sprouted from his right arm while Teo threw out knives with pinpoint accuracy. It seemed that they would take it down rather quickly at this pace.

When Edna berated him, Serperior glared at Edna, its red eyes seeming to glow as the moon began to rise in the night sky.

"You know nothing, outsider. Do you really think I'd want to let...you lot take care of our problems? Didn't I...say it before? If you all stay until nightfall...you will all...die. Run, fools..."

The mayor began to take heavy breaths in between his words, reminiscent of one who'd just run a marathon. Its body shuddered, the serpent's body looking almost as though it as lengthening. Or rather, it was truly growing in size in reality! Serperior's self-constriction ended, and the mayor of the town raised its now giant body above the group, towering about as tall as the lie monster.

ZT0qOX9.jpg

Serperior hissed at the group down below, twisting its body before lashing out with its long tail at the group! At the same time, the lie let out a mass of blobs that came down like enormous chunks of hail upon them.

Perhaps this was the reason the mayor wanted no one to invade his town, but there wasn't much time to worry about that. Both he and the lie needed to be stopped, or soon their quest would come to a sudden end.

Lincoln sighed. So, that's what the Snake had meant. He suffered from a Jekyll and Hyde scenario. Great, he was evil at night. He groaned and did his combo attack again with JITTERS, hoping that his ability and the mouses would kick in.

@Crow @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @York

The Lycanroc took one slow, heavy step towards Tachibana. He leered at her as his jaw widened just enough to show his teeth, their white reflecting the moonlight. After a moment, he followed her finger to the enormous lie monster. His facial expression softened almost immediately, or at least as much as someone that looked like him could look soft.

Yet his gaze wasn't entirely focused on the slime monster. From the one eye visible under his overgrown bangs, his focus seemed split between the mayor and the mosnter that threatened their small town through sheer size.

"Okay kid. I'll help ya, a'ight? So you just stay here - but don't you dare actually get inside my house - and I'll...deal with that. Get it?"

Without pause, Lycanroc darted off to help the others. In the end, it was up to Tachibana whether she wanted to stay away from the battle or head back to the group.​

The lie suffered Edna's Rock Trigger and Lincoln and JITTERS's game-like electric attack. Its movements were impeded, and chunks of it soared off into the distance as parts of it broke apart. Ren darted in and out of combat to take large cleaves at it with the Guillotine that sprouted from his right arm while Teo threw out knives with pinpoint accuracy. It seemed that they would take it down rather quickly at this pace.

When Edna berated him, Serperior glared at Edna, its red eyes seeming to glow as the moon began to rise in the night sky.

"You know nothing, outsider. Do you really think I'd want to let...you lot take care of our problems? Didn't I...say it before? If you all stay until nightfall...you will all...die. Run, fools..."

The mayor began to take heavy breaths in between his words, reminiscent of one who'd just run a marathon. Its body shuddered, the serpent's body looking almost as though it as lengthening. Or rather, it was truly growing in size in reality! Serperior's self-constriction ended, and the mayor of the town raised its now giant body above the group, towering about as tall as the lie monster.

ZT0qOX9.jpg

Serperior hissed at the group down below, twisting its body before lashing out with its long tail at the group! At the same time, the lie let out a mass of blobs that came down like enormous chunks of hail upon them.

Perhaps this was the reason the mayor wanted no one to invade his town, but there wasn't much time to worry about that. Both he and the lie needed to be stopped, or soon their quest would come to a sudden end.

Well, that made quitea bit of sense now. It wouldn't stop Edna though, digging her feet into the earth she would jump into the air and over the tail, leaving cracks in the earth. Opening her umbrella she spun it as blobs rained down.. Following this, she performed another Rock Trigger on the blob as she began to fall head first towards Serperior's tail, parasol open and spinning as she intended to land a hit on the serpentine pocket monster. If successful, she'd land on the ground once more and use Air Pressure on Serperior in an attempt to also slow him down.

She huffed, knowing that she might be overdoing it with thw artes being used so much, but didn't mind. Deciding throwing in another for good measure might also work, she used Rock Trigger on Serperior, knowing that at least one of her attacks should hopefully and successfully land.

@Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crow @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @York

ZT0qOX9.jpg

glXTgGe.png

"Try to wait for him to use Leaf Storm a few times. If they hit one of us, the next Leaf Storm, and special attacks in general, will be much weaker. I'll tank the second and third Leaf Storms," Producer suggests as she keeps her range and enters a combat stance, using a wide variety of dodges to evade the falling lie-globs, releasing punches upon them in the process.

"We've got a plan for dealing with special attacks, but I don't think we have any clues regarding physical ones. Vine Whip has pretty long range," Producer adds.

Watching Edna apply Air Pressure to slow Serperior, Producer nods.

"That's more time to evade, then."

Tachibana watches the group from afar while being a few metres from Lycanroc's house.

ogr5WwG.png

"It's dangerous... but I have to help Producer..." Tachibana ponders as the battle rages on.

A little woodwind materialised in one of her hands as she grips onto it

"No, not now," Tachibana ponders, "hang in there, Producer... Edna... everyone... get ready for it..."

@Crow @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @LuckycoolHawk9 @York

Reactions: Mason Moretti
Final Chapter
"Eternal Halt"

The Producer quickly took care of the blobs that fell upon them, freeing up Edna, Lincoln, and the others to deal with the two literally looming threats. Lincoln and JITTERS's Lightning Rod abilities activated this time however, their game of electric tennis slowly beginning to pick up in speed as each players' respective ability enhanced the speed of the electrocuted ball coming towards them.

Meanwhile, Edna's Rock Trigger and kick had both hit their targets. The lie monster had been staggered, while Serperior had mostly shrugged off the kick before being temporarily locked down by Edna's Air Pressure. However, when Edna's second Rock Trigger was launched at the creature that was the mayor, Serperior's first Leaf Storm of the night was launched!

The leaves sheared through the Rock Trigger, but Ren suddenly leaped out towards the barrage. With his arm that had an enormous unwieldy-looking Guillotine protruding out of it, he slashed apart the Leaf Storm.

O76rKIL.jpg

"Calm down, you god damn snake...!"

Ren tried to rush down Serperior as the Air Pressure ran out, but like the Producer had predicted a Vine Whip suddenly lashed out at him, which despite their lack of a plan he blocked with his right arm. And just then, the electro ball that Lincoln and JITTERS created could no longer take the opposing pulls of their Lightning Rod abilities. Eventually, it had evolved from something akin to tennis to a rubber band that was being pulled apart by two opposite ends.

What would happen if that rubber band was, instead, a ball of charged electric energy?

The ball was torn apart, exploding into a large field of lightning that shocked those particularly close to the Serperior and lie monster. Fortunately, the only one in melee range of either was Ren, whose Speed Boost ability allowed him to outpace the lightning and escape back to safety.

The lie monster was completely out for the count, Efi quickly running in to eat all of the blobs that were falling down like rain. Serperior on the other hand had been dazed, but was still on its figurative two feet.

"Accelerock!"

Lycanroc had crashed into Serperior before anyone else could take action, causing the pokemon to remain still for a rather significant amount of time. And then the mayor shrunk, and collapsed. The Lycanroc flashed Tachibana a thumbs up.

"Hurk...I think I ate...a lil too much."

Efina clutched her stomach, the insane amount of lies she'd eaten today seeming to catch up with her. In a rather undignified manner, she simply threw up.

kU3rXY6.png

"Huh? What's that?"

Kana approached the great mess Efina had made, though her diet of lies had made her vomit something more akin to the lie blobs from before rather than anything more foul. She reached around in some of the blobs, a curious look in her eyes as she appeared to be searching for something.

After a brief moment, she pulled out not one, but two Time Gears.

"So within this town there were not one, but two Time Gears. Since the town was so flooded by lies, even the residents didn't realize it."

Kana spoke in a rather flat voice, her disinterested tone dismissive of the villagers. With the Time Gears found and made contact with, Jirachi began to move the group once again to a different time. But not before the group caught Kana flashing a smirk as they were pulled through time.

"Not this time, Jirachi."

Yet this time, Efina and Teo were not pulled with them.

"That can't be good..." Teo muttered to himself, but there was no longer anything he could do.

As the group awoke from the brightness and grogginess of traveling through time, they found themselves in a strange point in time and space. Or at least no stranger than their previous adventures. The sky was dark and gray. Despair permeated the air, alongside gritty, abrasive dust in the wind. They found themselves on top of a tall tower. Bits of the tower were beginning to crumble. As the group awoke, they could hear the cracking of the tower beneath their weight.

latest

In the center of the space atop the tower, a monstrous form could be seen. A fearsome dragon with scales of blue and white, except for the tip of its barbed tail, which was dripping with a crimson coat of paint mixed with dashes of purple goo. Beside the dragon was a pile of freshly killed bodies. Each body bore similar wounds: Circular holes, as if something had appeared straight through them. It seemed eerily familiar to the group.

The dragon before them had cut the group's size significantly. Each of the ones remaining was tied to a crystal larger than they were by a rope, and they would find their powers were no longer working. Of those who were awake, Jaune, Madoka, Tachibana, Edna, Umar, Lincoln, Jitters, and Kimmy remained. Meanwhile, Ren, Neku, and Juzumaru were still out cold, and looked as if they would be the dragon's next victims. Kana was nowhere to be seen.

Until the dragon's form glowed with a dazzling light and shrunk into the form of everyone's good friend, Kana. She eyed the bodies of her sleeping allies with a malicious grin. However, her smile disappeared as she realized some of the explorers had woken up. She spoke to them, her voice now dripping with malevolence.

"Well, it appears you all woke up too soon. I suppose now I have a chance to thank you all. Gathering all of these lovely Time Gears, all for Lord Anankos. Unfortunately, our time here must come to an end."

All of the Time Gears which the group had collected now sat on the ground before Kana. The young girl returned to her draconian form and promptly smashed the Time Gears to pieces. As she did, the bleak and dreary world around them turned a further gray. Time began slowing down, and would soon come to a complete halt if nothing was done.

"And now, your shells shall serve as Vessels for the Daimitsuya. Soon, time will halt not only in this world, but in every one of your own worlds as well. Nothing will ever take a step further again."

The dragon took to the skies, leaving the group to accept their failure.

@Crow as Producer Madoka & Arisu Tachibana (THE iDOLM@STER)
@Jeremi as Umar (Marvel)
@Kaykay as Ren Fuji (Dies Irae)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Lincoln Campbell (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D) & Jitters the Pikachu (OC)
@Mason Moretti as Neku Sakuraba (The World Ends With You)
@Takumi as Edna (Tales of Zestiria)
@Yun Lee as Kimmy Howell (No More Heroes)
@York as Jaune Arc (RWBY)​

Final Chapter
"Eternal Halt"

The Producer quickly took care of the blobs that fell upon them, freeing up Edna, Lincoln, and the others to deal with the two literally looming threats. Lincoln and JITTERS's Lightning Rod abilities activated this time however, their game of electric tennis slowly beginning to pick up in speed as each players' respective ability enhanced the speed of the electrocuted ball coming towards them.

Meanwhile, Edna's Rock Trigger and kick had both hit their targets. The lie monster had been staggered, while Serperior had mostly shrugged off the kick before being temporarily locked down by Edna's Air Pressure. However, when Edna's second Rock Trigger was launched at the creature that was the mayor, Serperior's first Leaf Storm of the night was launched!

The leaves sheared through the Rock Trigger, but Ren suddenly leaped out towards the barrage. With his arm that had an enormous unwieldy-looking Guillotine protruding out of it, he slashed apart the Leaf Storm.

O76rKIL.jpg

"Calm down, you god damn snake...!"

Ren tried to rush down Serperior as the Air Pressure ran out, but like the Producer had predicted a Vine Whip suddenly lashed out at him, which despite their lack of a plan he blocked with his right arm. And just then, the electro ball that Lincoln and JITTERS created could no longer take the opposing pulls of their Lightning Rod abilities. Eventually, it had evolved from something akin to tennis to a rubber band that was being pulled apart by two opposite ends.

What would happen if that rubber band was, instead, a ball of charged electric energy?

The ball was torn apart, exploding into a large field of lightning that shocked those particularly close to the Serperior and lie monster. Fortunately, the only one in melee range of either was Ren, whose Speed Boost ability allowed him to outpace the lightning and escape back to safety.

The lie monster was completely out for the count, Efi quickly running in to eat all of the blobs that were falling down like rain. Serperior on the other hand had been dazed, but was still on its figurative two feet.

"Accelerock!"

Lycanroc had crashed into Serperior before anyone else could take action, causing the pokemon to remain still for a rather significant amount of time. And then the mayor shrunk, and collapsed. The Lycanroc flashed Tachibana a thumbs up.

"Hurk...I think I ate...a lil too much."

Efina clutched her stomach, the insane amount of lies she'd eaten today seeming to catch up with her. In a rather undignified manner, she simply threw up.

kU3rXY6.png

"Huh? What's that?"

Kana approached the great mess Efina had made, though her diet of lies had made her vomit something more akin to the lie blobs from before rather than anything more foul. She reached around in some of the blobs, a curious look in her eyes as she appeared to be searching for something.

After a brief moment, she pulled out not one, but two Time Gears.

"So within this town there were not one, but two Time Gears. Since the town was so flooded by lies, even the residents didn't realize it."

Kana spoke in a rather flat voice, her disinterested tone dismissive of the villagers. With the Time Gears found and made contact with, Jirachi began to move the group once again to a different time. But not before the group caught Kana flashing a smirk as they were pulled through time.

"Not this time, Jirachi."

Yet this time, Efina and Teo were not pulled with them.

"That can't be good..." Teo muttered to himself, but there was no longer anything he could do.

As the group awoke from the brightness and grogginess of traveling through time, they found themselves in a strange point in time and space. Or at least no stranger than their previous adventures. The sky was dark and gray. Despair permeated the air, alongside gritty, abrasive dust in the wind. They found themselves on top of a tall tower. Bits of the tower were beginning to crumble. As the group awoke, they could hear the cracking of the tower beneath their weight.

latest

In the center of the space atop the tower, a monstrous form could be seen. A fearsome dragon with scales of blue and white, except for the tip of its barbed tail, which was dripping with a crimson coat of paint mixed with dashes of purple goo. Beside the dragon was a pile of freshly killed bodies. Each body bore similar wounds: Circular holes, as if something had appeared straight through them. It seemed eerily familiar to the group.

The dragon before them had cut the group's size significantly. Each of the ones remaining was tied to a crystal larger than they were by a rope, and they would find their powers were no longer working. Of those who were awake, Jaune, Madoka, Tachibana, Edna, Umar, Lincoln, Jitters, and Kimmy remained. Meanwhile, Ren, Neku, and Juzumaru were still out cold, and looked as if they would be the dragon's next victims. Kana was nowhere to be seen.

Until the dragon's form glowed with a dazzling light and shrunk into the form of everyone's good friend, Kana. She eyed the bodies of her sleeping allies with a malicious grin. However, her smile disappeared as she realized some of the explorers had woken up. She spoke to them, her voice now dripping with malevolence.

"Well, it appears you all woke up too soon. I suppose now I have a chance to thank you all. Gathering all of these lovely Time Gears, all for Lord Anankos. Unfortunately, our time here must come to an end."

All of the Time Gears which the group had collected now sat on the ground before Kana. The young girl returned to her draconian form and promptly smashed the Time Gears to pieces. As she did, the bleak and dreary world around them turned a further gray. Time began slowing down, and would soon come to a complete halt if nothing was done.

"And now, your shells shall serve as Vessels for the Daimitsuya. Soon, time will halt not only in this world, but in every one of your own worlds as well. Nothing will ever take a step further again."

The dragon took to the skies, leaving the group to accept their failure.

@Crow as Producer Madoka & Arisu Tachibana (THE iDOLM@STER)
@Jeremi as Umar (Marvel)
@Kaykay as Ren Fuji (Dies Irae)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Lincoln Campbell (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D) & Jitters the Pikachu (OC)
@Mason Moretti as Neku Sakuraba (The World Ends With You)
@Takumi as Edna (Tales of Zestiria)
@Yun Lee as Kimmy Howell (No More Heroes)
@York as Jaune Arc (RWBY)​

P03o8et_d.webp

"There's a lot of malevolence here, and coming from her...almost like we're in a Hellion's domain." Edna spoke, rather tired and, after seeing their efforts destroyed like that, frustrated and a bit disheartened.

c49c457886a3d3ba6fe30e4ff762383f--yellow-dress-blonde-hair.jpg

"Yet it's strange how someone so optimistic and bright could be consumed by malevolence like this...unless she s een controlled by some negative force from the beginning without knowing it, which explains the first death and the deaths of those before us." Edna concluded to herself. The Earth Seraph felt uneasy as she watched the dragon take flight, uneasy and ultimately upset. Powerless and without her abilities, there was nothing she could do currently. She glanced towards those that were still unconscious, Ren specifically, then glanced to the broken pieces of the time gears.

She had been so close to possibly saving Eizen, she'll just have to fight until she either died here or until she found another way to get her brother back.

@Kaykay @Jeremi @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @York

"You think I give a shit whether she was controlled?!" Kimmy was seething. Absolutely furious. This damned trip...she was promised her wish, and this was absolutely bogus! If that awful little brat was going to put her world, her Travis the Great, in danger...she needed to be eliminated. "I'm getting out of here, killing every damned dragon I need to, then getting my wish!!" Kimmy began to struggle against her ropes, looking to see if her flute was still with her. If she could just reach it...​

JITTERS wasn't happy and he was crying tears and was ready to give up. He wasn't going to see his best friend, Slim Shady again. He had tried so hard and was ready to give him.

" Hey JITTERS, we can't fucking give up now. It's not over yet and even without powers, I am sure as hell not going down without a fight. I am going to fight, even if it gets me killed. It's what Tommy would have done, it's what Sam and Dean would want me to do. It's what any of my friends would want. I am not fucking going down as the one who did nothing." He was also pushing against his ropes. If he could get a hand free and grab his bag if it was there, he could use some of his medical equipment for his own personal gain. So what if the time gears were broken? There was always another way. Always.

JITTERS having being cheered up on Lincoln pushed the ropes forward to try and get out. He wasn't about to give up. Not when his friend had died. He was doing this for Slim Shady.

For Tommy.

For all of those back home.

For everyone who had been killed on their journey. For them, Lincoln and JITTERS struggled.

@Kaykay @Jeremi @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @York @Takumi

"You think I give a shit whether she was controlled?!" Kimmy was seething. Absolutely furious. This damned trip...she was promised her wish, and this was absolutely bogus! If that awful little brat was going to put her world, her Travis the Great, in danger...she needed to be eliminated. "I'm getting out of here, killing every damned dragon I need to, then getting my wish!!" Kimmy began to struggle against her ropes, looking to see if her flute was still with her. If she could just reach it...​

"I don't care if you give a shit or not." Edna spoke bluntly and a bit dismissively, having tensed slightly when Kimmy spoke about killing dragons, her brother popping to mind. Quickly dismissing the girl's words and the thought of her brother to focus, Edna simply checked to see if her parasol was with her, before glancing around at their surroundings for anything useful, and tested the ropes.

She sighed as she heard Lincoln speak.

"Humans and their speeches...I guess it's better than succumbing to malevolence." she muttered, temporarily reminded of Sorey.

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
ogr5WwG.jpg

"K- Kana, please... snap out of it!"

All seemed hopeless.

Seemed.

Producer looks at Tachibana struggling to free herself.

Her wish was to bring Tachibana back with her. It was a wish that she was about to perform with her own bare hands - and even that was impossible at first glance.

It wasn't just Tachibana who was at risk, it was everyone who ventured with them on their journey. They were fighting and struggling too.

Producer also didn't want to lose everyone back home. Chie, Nina, Kaoru, Yukimi, that idiot of a brother... these are just a few of the people she didn't want to lose.

If she herself was gone, she would end up affecting the memories of others, even Zen.

No, not Zen. Anyone but Zen.

While all was struggling, she was deep in thought, her eyes closed as tears dripped down.

If her timeline was frozen and possibly destroyed, the one memory that motivated her on this journey would be gone with it...

in fact (Karaoke Version)

... the first time she met Tachibana.

Quite a long while ago...

GC9DH7t.png

"My name is Tachibana... Tachibana Arisu. But please... don't call me by my first name..."

"Why not? I think Arisu's a lovely name."

"P- please stop it! I really... really... don't like it. It's like a character from a fairy tale... and it's very childish..."

"It's mature to me."

"A- anyways! Just Tachibana will do. So, who are you anyways?"

"I am a Producer. Here's my business card. Contact me if interested."

"Producer... of idols? Well... I am aiming for a music-related career... even though I'm not too interested in this... so I guess I'll ask my parents first, then consider your offer. By the way... where's the bookstore?"

"Good to hear, Tachibana. Also, right over there. I myself happen to be heading there too. What books might you be looking for anyways?"

Producer's mind returned to reality.

That memory... it was an important one. All memories were important, and Producer did not want to lose a single one of them.

It seemed that everyone's powers were gone.

Well, almost everyone's.

The items that drained them of strength and magic were the crystals. The three that were ready to be sacrificed were not.

The Producer had one trick up her sleeve. Using her capabilities, she created a telepathic link between her, Juzumaru, Neku and Ren.

glXTgGe.jpg

"It worked," Producer spoke as she entered a void and crossed her arms, expecting to see the three who were unconscious.

"Can I have your attention?"

The Producer begins to speak.

"Juzumaru, Ren, I have to thank you for taking care of my girl Tachibana. You, Ren, would probably make a better Producer than I ever will if you attended art school. I'd say the same to you, Juzumaru, but you have ambitions for Nirvana. Keep pursuing them.

Neku, you... contributed well to the team. All three of you did. Now, you three need to contribute once more. Everyone and everything is at stake. All of us are struggling. Whatever is about to happen will not only affect us, but every particle of our own worlds. I have loved ones back in mine, and loved ones in other worlds too, and I know you all do too - the ones you refer to as family, friends and colleagues.

In short - the Daimutsuya - the ones who have controlled Kana - are going to use you three as hosts for their plans. Right now, we seem to be in a chaotic future of sorts, and we have to go back to the past. Well, the past in comparison to the fu- ANYWAYS. You can stop them if you wake up before their first plans come to fruition! I'm not going to allow you three or anyone to become empty husks!"

@Kaykay @Jeremi @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @York

The group would find that their possessions were still with them, "Kana" seeming to have decided that they posed no threat as long as they had no powers and were bound. Unfortunately, a simple struggle against the ropes was futile.

At least, for entirely breaking out of it.

Lincoln would find that he could slip a hand out, but without the rest of his arm his bag was a little bit out of reach, tied to his back while his arms were on the other side of the crystal. Kimmy would be able to feel her flute once she regathered herself from her sheer ferocity, even if it was just for a fleeting instant. It was bound to her back, similarly to Lincoln's bag, which would be a little difficult to reach when her back was to a crystal and her arms were bound behind it.

When Edna looked around, she would see very little other than the once colorful, endless expanse of the sky that had practically completed its transformation to gray. One could even watch the green fields far below the crumbling tower they were on fade away field by field.

More practically speaking though, there was a pendant on the ground. It appeared to be what Ren had been wearing around, at least until now.

tumblr_inline_ndqaokQggW1rc9cop.jpg

Normally one wouldn't have thought it was much for cutting through ropes thick enough to bind a human in place, but then again its owner was someone who formed a blade on his arm out of thin air. It seemed to be in reach for just about anyone's feet to grab at and try to bring closer to them, if any were to try that.

On the Producer's end, however, surprisingly enough her supernatural power worked, unlike the others. This power of hers was bound to the Daimitsuya, so the crystals that they used had no effect on that particular power. Her telepathic words began to stir those that had yet to awake.

Ren was, perhaps understandably, rather shocked to see the Producer and the other two in the endless white void. At first, he assumed he'd died. But if it was the Producer who was taking charge here, something else had to be different.

"Er, uh, yeah. No problem," he replied awkwardly, not expecting the sudden praise. At the very least, if he was a producer, he wouldn't ask boys well into their teenage years to become female idols. Which was definitely something that didn't happen to him at all.

But as the Producer continued, superfluous thoughts like that disappeared from his mind. The whole mission was about the wish they were promised, yeah. That much was true. But Ren wasn't the kind of person who could have been bothered to go along with a crazy ride like this just for that reason.

To protect his friends and colleagues. In other words, his completely normal, everyday life. To Ren Fuji, that was what he had always wished for. A way to preserve that ephemeral moment.

As he took a look outside the void, he saw the real world. Whether it was because he was beginning to wake up or it was thanks to the Producer he wasn't sure, but he could undoubtedly see it. There were no blue skies, blue oceans, green fields, or green trees. Everything faded to gray. The shattered pieces of the Time Gears laid on the ground, unable to keep the flow of time running.

A clock didn't move without its gears, and time was no different. Nothing would ever change again. More than anyone else, Ren understood just what kind of hell that was. After all, his power, the literal manifestation of his craving, in its truest form was that very same power.

"I agree, Producer. I'm not gonna just sit around and wait for these, ah, what were they again? Daitmitsuya? Well, those bastards fucked with the wrong people's wishes. I bet those on the outside think the same thing."

While Ren stood up and spoke brave words, Juzumaru simply remained cross-legged. Just as the Producer had said, he desired Nirvana. He sought after the true nature of Buddhism, one untainted by the ever-changing nature of human values. For only religious truth would bring salvation to all living things.

How, then, could he ever change himself enough to ever achieve Nirvana if time would forever halt?

"Then let us study the situation and make our move. For indeed, Buddha is watching over us."

Back in the real world, Ren and Juzumaru woke up, with Neku likely soon to follow. That didn't change their first step, which was to break out of these binds, but now that Ren was awake the pendant he'd dropped in the time travel had begun to glow.

@Jeremi @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @York

Tachibana shook a single shoe away to grab the glowing pendant in a foot.

x40Lvjy.jpg

"That... is that Ren's pendant?"

Tachibana ponders for a bit.

"Close to the heart, makes sense to me."

Tachibana attempts to wriggle a single hand out so that she can hold the pendant close to her heart.

"Guillotine!" Tachibana attempts to replicate Ren's abilities in her other hand to cut the various chains up.

Whether or not that was a failure or success, Tachibana would toss the pendant to Ren, exclaiming...

"Ren, catch!"

Last edited:
The group would find that their possessions were still with them, "Kana" seeming to have decided that they posed no threat as long as they had no powers and were bound. Unfortunately, a simple struggle against the ropes was futile.

At least, for entirely breaking out of it.

Lincoln would find that he could slip a hand out, but without the rest of his arm his bag was a little bit out of reach, tied to his back while his arms were on the other side of the crystal. Kimmy would be able to feel her flute once she regathered herself from her sheer ferocity, even if it was just for a fleeting instant. It was bound to her back, similarly to Lincoln's bag, which would be a little difficult to reach when her back was to a crystal and her arms were bound behind it.

When Edna looked around, she would see very little other than the once colorful, endless expanse of the sky that had practically completed its transformation to gray. One could even watch the green fields far below the crumbling tower they were on fade away field by field.

More practically speaking though, there was a pendant on the ground. It appeared to be what Ren had been wearing around, at least until now.

tumblr_inline_ndqaokQggW1rc9cop.jpg

Normally one wouldn't have thought it was much for cutting through ropes thick enough to bind a human in place, but then again its owner was someone who formed a blade on his arm out of thin air. It seemed to be in reach for just about anyone's feet to grab at and try to bring closer to them, if any were to try that.

On the Producer's end, however, surprisingly enough her supernatural power worked, unlike the others. This power of hers was bound to the Daimitsuya, so the crystals that they used had no effect on that particular power. Her telepathic words began to stir those that had yet to awake.

Ren was, perhaps understandably, rather shocked to see the Producer and the other two in the endless white void. At first, he assumed he'd died. But if it was the Producer who was taking charge here, something else had to be different.

"Er, uh, yeah. No problem," he replied awkwardly, not expecting the sudden praise. At the very least, if he was a producer, he wouldn't ask boys well into their teenage years to become female idols. Which was definitely something that didn't happen to him at all.

But as the Producer continued, superfluous thoughts like that disappeared from his mind. The whole mission was about the wish they were promised, yeah. That much was true. But Ren wasn't the kind of person who could have been bothered to go along with a crazy ride like this just for that reason.

To protect his friends and colleagues. In other words, his completely normal, everyday life. To Ren Fuji, that was what he had always wished for. A way to preserve that ephemeral moment.

As he took a look outside the void, he saw the real world. Whether it was because he was beginning to wake up or it was thanks to the Producer he wasn't sure, but he could undoubtedly see it. There were no blue skies, blue oceans, green fields, or green trees. Everything faded to gray. The shattered pieces of the Time Gears laid on the ground, unable to keep the flow of time running.

A clock didn't move without its gears, and time was no different. Nothing would ever change again. More than anyone else, Ren understood just what kind of hell that was. After all, his power, the literal manifestation of his craving, in its truest form was that very same power.

"I agree, Producer. I'm not gonna just sit around and wait for these, ah, what were they again? Daitmitsuya? Well, those bastards fucked with the wrong people's wishes. I bet those on the outside think the same thing."

While Ren stood up and spoke brave words, Juzumaru simply remained cross-legged. Just as the Producer had said, he desired Nirvana. He sought after the true nature of Buddhism, one untainted by the ever-changing nature of human values. For only religious truth would bring salvation to all living things.

How, then, could he ever change himself enough to ever achieve Nirvana if time would forever halt?

"Then let us study the situation and make our move. For indeed, Buddha is watching over us."

Back in the real world, Ren and Juzumaru woke up, with Neku likely soon to follow. That didn't change their first step, which was to break out of these binds, but now that Ren was awake the pendant he'd dropped in the time travel had begun to glow.

@Jeremi @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @York

"You're finally up." Edna sighed, glancing over to Ren before she noticed his pendant jad begun to glow. Interesting.

Believe it or not, she was relieved that he was alright.

Tachibana shook a single shoe away to grab the glowing pendant in a foot.

x40Lvjy.jpg

"That... is that Ren's pendant?"

Tachibana ponders for a bit.

"Close to the heart, makes sense to me."

Tachibana attempts to wriggle a single hand out so that she can hold the pendant close to her heart.

"Guillotine!" Tachibana attempts to replicate Ren's abilities in her other hand to cut the various chains up.

Whether or not that was a failure or success, Tachibana would toss the pendant to Ren, exclaiming...

"Ren, catch!"

"You're finally up." Edna sighed, glancing over to Ren before she noticed his pendant jad begun to glow. Interesting.

Believe it or not, she was relieved that he was alright.

Although Tachibana wouldn't find her arm transforming into a giant blade, she had enough freedom with her wrists to throw the necklace over to Ren. By some miracle, the necklace landed in his hand. Upon contact, Ren called upon "Guillotine" and sliced through the roped that bound him.

Meanwhile, Neku was wide awake and ready to free himself of the roped. Using his Psyches, he started a fire on the ropes, until they burnt away, leaving him free. He turned to Ren and gave a confident nod. Together, using Ren's Guillotine and Neku's pyrokinesis, the two made quick work on freeing everyone from the power-dampening crystals.

Once everyone was free, Ren said, "Alright, according to Madoka, we need to head back in time and stop these guys called the Daitmitsuya. Bastards want to stop time and rule the world or something. And they used Kana from the beginning. So, are we all on the same page?"

Neku crossed his arms and frowned, "All of the Time Cogs are broken. I don't think we can travel through time, especially if there's not a past to go back to."

"Then we should fix the Time Gears and use their power to travel back," Juzumaru suggested.

"Great. So, assuming that it's even possible to fix the Time Cogs, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who sees the giant dragon up there. It doesn't look too friendly. Somebody needs to keep that thing busy."

"Is that you volunteering, Neku?" Ren asked.

"I'll help fight, but I'm certainly not dealing with that thing alone. Anybody else want to team up and help me fight the dragon?"

Once again, it seemed as if the group was destined to split into two. If they so chose, some could join Neku and fight Anankos, to give the other group time to rebuild the Time Gears.

@Crow @Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Yun Lee @York

@Kaykay @Mason Moretti