"Why are you going through such great lengths to keep this time gear hidden, hm?" Kimmy put her fists on her hips, glaring at the Serperior. Really, she was starting to get tired of all these annoying animals, so much that her innocent schoolgirl demeanor was fading-if it hadn't already. "What use could you possibly have for it, anyway? We have wishes to make, and we can't make them without those gears! We've already had to deal with obnoxious dinosaurs, thieving shapeshifters, and her-" Kimmy jabbed a thumb in Umar's direction. "So my patience has run a bit thin. Stop being so aggro and help us out!"

@Kaykay @Jeremi @Crow @Takumi @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @LuckycoolHawk9

"You have wishes to make? And why should we care?" The Serperior gave Kimmy an annoyed look, as though being complained to be a child. "Even if we did have a Time Gear, I'd trust myself and the citizens of this town over your lot."

latest

"I'm telling you, I can see the lie over there! What's even the point? Here, I'll show yo- woah!"

Apparently tired of the farce, Efina was about to walk over to the "lie" creature that her power had manifested, but before she did Umar's magic had taken action.
The two smaller ones would find themselves trapped in crimson colored binds that seem to tighten the more they tried to move.

Umar8_zps1kxzyk5q.png

"No lifeform can be this stupid. It's obvious these creatures are being manipulated." Umar's hand glowed with magical energy as her fingers manipulated the coils around the guards. "You humans make yourself useful and search this place for anything suspicious. I will not suffer these lizards lip any longer!"

Umar glared at the mayor her eyes filled with anger. Right now she didn't care that if they were being controlled or not. They had royally pissed her off. "I wonder how much oh illustrious mayor you will enjoy leading a ghost town?"

@Kaykay @Crow @Takumi @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @LuckycoolHawk9

Lincoln looked over at Umar. " Jitters, you can go and explore. I have a feeling that Ms. Umar may be onto something. So you two, what are you so afraid of?" He asked. If this was how Umar wanted to play things he would be the good cop. Worst case, he would have to beat them before receiving their help.

JITTERS looked for anything suspicious.

@Kaykay @Crow @Takumi @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Mason Moretti

T9DZHSj.png

"They're snakes, Umar. I mean, they might talk and all, but it's not like they're gonna be all that bright. Now can you let them down for now? If you raze the town the Time Gear might get banged up too."

Ren wasn't sure if the Time Gear could actually be destroyed, but it served as a good excuse to get Umar to calm down if nothing else.

However, Umar's magic had seemed to be too much for the two Servines as they struggled in her magical grasp. Soon enough they realized it was futile to move under her binds and fell still, only glaring at her with winded breaths. They remained silent at Lincoln's questioning.

"There is nothing for us to be afraid of. It is you who should be afraid. Now, release them!"

"This is what I was trying to avoid!"

Serperior summoned up a storm of leaves, using its Leaf Storm attack to attempt to slice Umar apart. Meanwhile, Efina and Teo motioned JITTERS over to the lie creature.

"C'mon, let's take this thing out."

Efina sneaked past the magical battle going on between the mayor and Umar to corner the lie creature. Teo had taken out a few knives, evidently also prepared to take on the creature. Maybe if they took it out it would help them figure out what was going on.

@Jeremi @Crow @Takumi @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @LuckycoolHawk9

Lincoln sighed. He really didn't want to get into another fight, but they were going to need a distraction so the others had a chance to destroy the lie. He summoned an electric ball in his hand and watched the Serperior carefully trying to find the perfect time to aim it.

JITTERS nodded and used a thundeshock on the lie.

@Jeremi @Crow @Takumi @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Kaykay

"You have wishes to make? And why should we care?" The Serperior gave Kimmy an annoyed look, as though being complained to be a child. "Even if we did have a Time Gear, I'd trust myself and the citizens of this town over your lot."

latest

"I'm telling you, I can see the lie over there! What's even the point? Here, I'll show yo- woah!"

Apparently tired of the farce, Efina was about to walk over to the "lie" creature that her power had manifested, but before she did Umar's magic had taken action.

T9DZHSj.png

"They're snakes, Umar. I mean, they might talk and all, but it's not like they're gonna be all that bright. Now can you let them down for now? If you raze the town the Time Gear might get banged up too."

Ren wasn't sure if the Time Gear could actually be destroyed, but it served as a good excuse to get Umar to calm down if nothing else.

However, Umar's magic had seemed to be too much for the two Servines as they struggled in her magical grasp. Soon enough they realized it was futile to move under her binds and fell still, only glaring at her with winded breaths. They remained silent at Lincoln's questioning.

"There is nothing for us to be afraid of. It is you who should be afraid. Now, release them!"

Serperior summoned up a storm of leaves, using its Leaf Storm attack to attempt to slice Umar apart. Meanwhile, Efina and Teo motioned JITTERS over to the lie creature.

Efina sneaked past the magical battle going on between the mayor and Umar to corner the lie creature. Teo had taken out a few knives, evidently also prepared to take on the creature. Maybe if they took it out it would help them figure out what was going on.

Two situations to handle. This was going to be tough.

"Umar, don't guard me, I've got this," the Producer said. "This is one of the oldest tricks in the books worlds like this, last I checked. Or maybe..."

Producer then proceeds to take the hit of Leaf Storm as it cut her clothes and skin surface. She seemed to tank this attack ridiculously well, for a human at least. She would use her senses to gague if the Leaf Storm was getting stronger or getting weaker.

If the Leaf Storm was getting stronger, Producer would then roll away from the Leaf Storm launch area and proceed to motion her hands like a ticking clock. When her hands formed a 12 o'clock-like signal, she would chant...
I beg thee, Cendrillion...
Don't let mere dreams be just dreams...
I'm always moving on and forward...
To the sparkling shining new days...

That was when a spell circle, remniscent of a clock, began to form in on the floor, boosting the offensive and defensive power of every ally in the zone of the ruined house, in addition to Serperior. The sound of a clocktower ringing through midnight spread throughout the room.

As a little added effect, everyone affected by this buff was now wearing formal ballwear. Yup, even Serperior. Where do those sleeves go?

She would then roll away from the blast area of Leaf Storm.

If Leaf Storm were to get weaker over time, none of the events of the prior section would occur.

Instead, Producer would roll away and raise a thumbs up to Umar. "Don't get too violent," Producer would say.

In the aftermath of either of the above two situations, she would roll towards the lie creature, and attempt to unleash a kick towards it. Next, she'd test a plan out - and see if telling the truth would weaken it.

"My main motivation for coming to this world was not to make a wish, but to find Tachibana," the Producer spoke, "although, making a wish to get her back has crossed my mind."

@Jeremi @Crow @Takumi @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaykay

Last edited:

latest

T9DZHSj.png

The leaves were burnt into a crisp before they could reach Umar. "I think not, I'll just let my minions do the work. Oh wait you want me to release your snakes? You should have said so in the first place!" With a wave of her hand the two pokemon entrapped by Umar were flung to the wall with enough force to at least knock them out. "Clumsy me, guess I over did it."

latest

T9DZHSj.png

The leaves were burnt into a crisp before they could reach Umar. "I think not, I'll just let my minions do the work. Oh wait you want me to release your snakes? You should have said so in the first place!" With a wave of her hand the two pokemon entrapped by Umar were flung to the wall with enough force to at least knock them out. "Clumsy me, guess I over did it."

Edna sighed. Minions? She was no ones minions. Instead, she sat back and watched so far, but moved to stand near Ren.

"You have a headache yet?" she asked, lightly teasing.

@Kaykay @Crow @Mason Moretti @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Jeremi

Lincoln sighed. He really didn't want to get into another fight, but they were going to need a distraction so the others had a chance to destroy the lie. He summoned an electric ball in his hand and watched the Serperior carefully trying to find the perfect time to aim it.

JITTERS nodded and used a thundeshock on the lie.

Two situations to handle. This was going to be tough.

"Umar, don't guard me, I've got this," the Producer said. "This is one of the oldest tricks in the books worlds like this, last I checked. Or maybe..."

Producer then proceeds to take the hit of Leaf Storm as it cut her clothes and skin surface. She seemed to tank this attack ridiculously well, for a human at least. She would use her senses to gague if the Leaf Storm was getting stronger or getting weaker.

If the Leaf Storm was getting stronger, Producer would then roll away from the Leaf Storm launch area and proceed to motion her hands like a ticking clock. When her hands formed a 12 o'clock-like signal, she would chant...
I beg thee, Cendrillion...
Don't let mere dreams be just dreams...
I'm always moving on and forward...
To the sparkling shining new days...

That was when a spell circle, remniscent of a clock, began to form in on the floor, boosting the offensive and defensive power of every ally in the zone of the ruined house, in addition to Serperior. The sound of a clocktower ringing through midnight spread throughout the room.

As a little added effect, everyone affected by this buff was now wearing formal ballwear. Yup, even Serperior. Where do those sleeves go?

She would then roll away from the blast area of Leaf Storm.

If Leaf Storm were to get weaker over time, none of the events of the prior section would occur.

Instead, Producer would roll away and raise a thumbs up to Umar. "Don't get too violent," Producer would say.

In the aftermath of either of the above two situations, she would roll towards the lie creature, and attempt to unleash a kick towards it. Next, she'd test a plan out - and see if telling the truth would weaken it.

"My main motivation for coming to this world was not to make a wish, but to find Tachibana," the Producer spoke, "although, making a wish to get her back has crossed my mind."

@Jeremi @Crow @Takumi @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaykay

Bzzt

The lie was hit by the thundershock, seeming to spasm a bit before Teo followed up with a thrown knife! It flinched for a moment, but it appeared that it wasn't done just quite yet as it leaped towards JITTERS.

"That was really your motivation?"

Efina asked the Producer with a sincere, inquisitive look on her face, though the truthful statement didn't seem to have much effect on the lie creature.

Edna sighed. Minions? She was no ones minions. Instead, she sat back and watched so far, but moved to stand near Ren.

"You have a headache yet?" she asked, lightly teasing.

@Kaykay @Crow @Mason Moretti @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Jeremi

In the meantime, the Producer's rolling block of the leaves, which would have grown weaker with time, was rendered pointless as Umar simply burned the leaves away. Turned out fire was rather effective against leaves. The two Servines were knocked out on impact against the wall, though Serperior's long body extended out to catch them before they hit the floor.

"Is there anything else I can get you besides that stupid Time Gear or whatever to get you out of here?"

Serperior's voice was tense, clearly not in the best of moods, but there was a hint of surrender there. It was difficult to argue against someone wielding an element that he was mostly helpless against. However, a pinkish reflective barrier appeared before the three snake pokemon as Serperior used Light Screen.

Ren just shook his head, holding part of his face in one hand.

"I almost want to take a nap, but I don't think one babysitter is enough."

JITTERS noticed that the thundershock had caused the lie to spasm a bit and he prepared to do another one while the knife was being thrown, but it seemed that he hadn't been given enough time as it attacked.

He needed a plan and fast at that.

Lincoln turned to JITTERS and saw the lie attack him and unleashed his electro ball in a curve ball to hit the lie so that the Pikachu was going to be okay.

Bzzt

The lie was hit by the thundershock, seeming to spasm a bit before Teo followed up with a thrown knife! It flinched for a moment, but it appeared that it wasn't done just quite yet as it leaped towards JITTERS.

Efina asked the Producer with a sincere, inquisitive look on her face, though the truthful statement didn't seem to have much effect on the lie creature.

In the meantime, the Producer's rolling block of the leaves, which would have grown weaker with time, was rendered pointless as Umar simply burned the leaves away. Turned out fire was rather effective against leaves. The two Servines were knocked out on impact against the wall, though Serperior's long body extended out to catch them before they hit the floor.

"Is there anything else I can get you besides that stupid Time Gear or whatever to get you out of here?"

Serperior's voice was tense, clearly not in the best of moods, but there was a hint of surrender there. It was difficult to argue against someone wielding an element that he was mostly helpless against. However, a pinkish reflective barrier appeared before the three snake pokemon as Serperior used Light Screen.

"Nope, sorry!" Kimmy giggled, releasing her Beam Katana. She sliced at the barrier, hoping to shatter it. "Give us the Gear, or I'll make myself a fancy snakeskin coat and matching shoes!"

Jaunce would find a stray plate flung out of a window from one of the smaller houses straight towards his head. Fortunately for him however, Juzumaru's sword quickly lashed out and smashed the plate to pieces. Not the most kind of hosts in this town, apparently.

4YWx6q3.png

"Hey, what gives? What're you throwing plates at us for? Get outta there and look us in the face first!"

Kana shouted at the house, but whoever resided inside certainly did not come out. Instead, another plate came flying out along with a shout of their own.

"Get out of our town, you damn brats!"

wGHAVxh.png

"...I did not believe I qualified as a brat."

"Who the heck's a brat?!"

@york

Tachibana, while headed for the smaller huts, shrieked in fear while hiding behind Kana, her hands clenching upon her shoulders.

"Eeek!" Tachibana exclaims as the plates flew from place to place.

ogr5WwG.png

"Just... what was that? Y- you're being unreasonably immature about this!" Tachibana proclaims, "Kana, Juzumaru, Jaune, if they don't want to talk this out, we all should just leave them be, or head for the other houses. There has to be at least one person here with reason."

@Kaykay @york @Crow @SmallHouses​
Small Houses
@Crow @york @Mason Moretti

"You're the brats, you couple of shrimps!"

The creature who spoke left her small abode with a fresh stack of plates in hand.

500px-571Zoroark.png

She was humanoid, but with dark black and red fur with matching red claws. She glared maliciously at Kana and Tachibana, the two "brats," and took another plate from her pile into her claws.

"Go back the way you came. The Pokémon down the lane is not as nice as I am. Certainly he won't deal with you in a friendly manner. Now leave!"

The Pokémon threw another plate, this time towards Tachibana.

View attachment 135829

"I thought we went through enough trouble to get the last Time Gear. Maybe we should just leave this one alone and move on," Kana lamented.​

Jaune Arc
@Kaykay @Crow @Others?

Jaune let out a yelp in surprised, raising his shield as he prepared to block the dish coming his way, but fortunately, it seemed one of his group mates was a step ahead, of him, slicing the dish clean out of the air. Though oddly enough, the Pokemon responsible for this seemed to be trying to warn them rather than outright warn them, mentioning something about a pokemon down the lane.

aNv78Y5.png

"Wait... A pokemon? Down the lane? Does... He have a problem with us?" He asked, looking a little confused.

Looks like he didn't want to leave just yet... Instead, he wanted some answers first.​

Bzzt

Interesting choice of words.

"Hm. Well, at the rate things have been going, well, it'll become more headache inducing....and violent." she sighed, crossing her arms.

"No matter thr amount of babysitters present." she added. Glancing towards Ren she gently bopped him with her parasol.

44922338.gif

"Rock Trigger." she spoke from where she stood next to Ren, now having turned to face the lie. She'd figured one of her artes could easily help with defeating the lie more quickly. Her patience had grown thin and she was bored already with this dumb fight.

@Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Crow @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee

Last edited:
JITTERS noticed that the thundershock had caused the lie to spasm a bit and he prepared to do another one while the knife was being thrown, but it seemed that he hadn't been given enough time as it attacked.

He needed a plan and fast at that.

Lincoln turned to JITTERS and saw the lie attack him and unleashed his electro ball in a curve ball to hit the lie so that the Pikachu was going to be okay.

Interesting choice of words.

"Hm. Well, at the rate things have been going, well, it'll become more headache inducing....and violent." she sighed, crossing her arms.

"No matter thr amount of babysitters present." she added. Glancing towards Ren she gently bopped him with her parasol.

44922338.gif

"Rock Trigger." she spoke from where she stood next to Ren, now having turned to face the lie. She'd figured one of her artes could easily help with defeating the lie more quickly. Her patience had grown thin and she was bored already with this dumb fight.

The electro ball and Rock Trigger hit the lie at approximately the same time, knocking it down to the ground. In that moment in which it was defenseless, Efina pounced onto it and grabbed it with both hands before beginning to nibble on it.

ige0yup.png

"Mm...Yup, that's a lie. I was afraid it was gonna be a bad tasting truth!"

From Efina's words it seemed that it was possible that the creature had actually been based on truth, but regardless it was indeed a lie this time. Therefore, there was absolutely a Time Gear in this village.
"Nope, sorry!" Kimmy giggled, releasing her Beam Katana. She sliced at the barrier, hoping to shatter it. "Give us the Gear, or I'll make myself a fancy snakeskin coat and matching shoes!"

Meanwhile, Kimmy's Beam Katana swung right past the Light Screen. It wasn't just that her weapon had no effect on the barrier, but it was as if the two weren't even able to collide against each other. Serperior darted back, the invading Beam Katana almost slicing him instead of the barrier.

"Hey, we know you're lying already! I tasted it, you know. Can we just take a time out and talk about it?" Efina shouted over at the Serperior, who stared down the group in front of him warily.

"I don't even know where it is, but you need to get out of this town before nightfall. Or else, you'll all die."

Two more creatures appeared as the mayor finished speaking, very similar to the one that Edna, JITTERS, Lincoln, and the rest had just defeated. Were they both truths? One lie and one truth? Or was the mayor only capable of spewing lies? Regardless, it seemed like it'd be most effective to corner these creatures and let Efina taste them to figure out what the mayor was hiding.

In the meantime, Ren rubbed his head where Edna had hit it. It wasn't like it was particularly painful or anything, but maybe he was being a bit too negative.

"Well, I guess you've got the right idea..." Ren grumbled as he made a fist, glaring at one of the blob-like creatures. "Which one you gonna take on, Edna?"

The electro ball and Rock Trigger hit the lie at approximately the same time, knocking it down to the ground. In that moment in which it was defenseless, Efina pounced onto it and grabbed it with both hands before beginning to nibble on it.

ige0yup.png

From Efina's words it seemed that it was possible that the creature had actually been based on truth, but regardless it was indeed a lie this time. Therefore, there was absolutely a Time Gear in this village.

Meanwhile, Kimmy's Beam Katana swung right past the Light Screen. It wasn't just that her weapon had no effect on the barrier, but it was as if the two weren't even able to collide against each other. Serperior darted back, the invading Beam Katana almost slicing him instead of the barrier.

"Hey, we know you're lying already! I tasted it, you know. Can we just take a time out and talk about it?" Efina shouted over at the Serperior, who stared down the group in front of him warily.

"I don't even know where it is, but you need to get out of this town before nightfall. Or else, you'll all die."

Two more creatures appeared as the mayor finished speaking, very similar to the one that Edna, JITTERS, Lincoln, and the rest had just defeated. Were they both truths? One lie and one truth? Or was the mayor only capable of spewing lies? Regardless, it seemed like it'd be most effective to corner these creatures and let Efina taste them to figure out what the mayor was hiding.

In the meantime, Ren rubbed his head where Edna had hit it. It wasn't like it was particularly painful or anything, but maybe he was being a bit too negative.

"Well, I guess you've got the right idea..." Ren grumbled as he made a fist, glaring at one of the blob-like creatures. "Which one you gonna take on, Edna?"

Edna pointed her parasol at one at random.

"That one. A few artes and a well placed hit with my parasol should do the trick." she replied, placing her free hand on her hip. She was almost concerned that there may have been some form of malevolence in the area, but it didn't seem to be any strong negativity. No, just lies and possible truths.

Charging at the blob closest to her she thrusted her parasol forward as if it were a sword, followed by by a downwards slash. She planned to hit it repeatedly, then follow up with another Rock Trigger. Hopefully if it didn't defeat the thing the Rock Trigger would cause it to slow down.

Jaune Arc
@Kaykay @Crow @Others?

Jaune let out a yelp in surprised, raising his shield as he prepared to block the dish coming his way, but fortunately, it seemed one of his group mates was a step ahead, of him, slicing the dish clean out of the air. Though oddly enough, the Pokemon responsible for this seemed to be trying to warn them rather than outright warn them, mentioning something about a pokemon down the lane.

aNv78Y5.png

"Wait... A pokemon? Down the lane? Does... He have a problem with us?" He asked, looking a little confused.

Looks like he didn't want to leave just yet... Instead, he wanted some answers first.​

Small Houses
@Crow @york @Kaykay @Mason Moretti

500px-571Zoroark.png

"Does he have a problem with you? Of course he does! Stay away from Lycanroc and you might survive. The man hates the other Pokémon and we certainly return the sentiment. If you're willing to go get torn to shreds by Lycanroc. Easier than chasong you out of this village."

As the Pokémon finished her tirade, a small black blob appeared in a similar manner to those which appeared over at the mayor's house. However, the group had no clue as to the nature of these creatures. The blob of what could have been either a lie or a truth suddenly lurched closer to the group.

Startled by the blob's appearance, the red and black Pokémon began throwing her plates once again. "What the heck is this thing? Did you brats drag it here?" Despite her efforts to aim, all of the dishes ended up missing the blob completely. They crashed and shattered on the ground behind the blob, and soon the Pokémon was completely out of plates.

"We didn't bring it here," Kana replied, "and we have no clue what it is, either."

Juzumaru entered a defensive stance to protect Jaune, Kana, and Tachibana from the blob. They had a choice: try to fight the blob, or to escape and get the help from the group at the mayor's building. Or, perhaps if they were daring enough, they could run past the blob towards the house at the end of the lane, which the Pokémon next to them claimed was owned by a Pokémon named Lycanroc.​

Bzzt

ige0yup.png

"Yes, yes it is," the Producer would say to Effina, "I... remember a time where I cared solely for myself, not too long ago. I was too business-minded to care for even my own family. I'm doing what I can to move from there, but I guess it's hard for me to change how I treat others... especially if they're close to you. I would apologize, but... that isn't enough... after... well"

Soon, the lie beast was being gnawed on, and two more beings came in its place.

"As long as no one says anything, these beings will not grow, assuming they feed off lies and truth," Producer, shaking her head from potential embarassment, says, before delivering a kick towards them.

Small Houses

500px-571Zoroark.png

"Does he have a problem with you? Of course he does! Stay away from Lycanroc and you might survive. The man hates the other Pokémon and we certainly return the sentiment. If you're willing to go get torn to shreds by Lycanroc. Easier than chasong you out of this village."

As the Pokémon finished her tirade, a small black blob appeared in a similar manner to those which appeared over at the mayor's house. However, the group had no clue as to the nature of these creatures. The blob of what could have been either a lie or a truth suddenly lurched closer to the group.

Startled by the blob's appearance, the red and black Pokémon began throwing her plates once again. "What the heck is this thing? Did you brats drag it here?" Despite her efforts to aim, all of the dishes ended up missing the blob completely. They crashed and shattered on the ground behind the blob, and soon the Pokémon was completely out of plates.

"We didn't bring it here," Kana replied, "and we have no clue what it is, either."

Juzumaru entered a defensive stance to protect Jaune, Kana, and Tachibana from the blob. They had a choice: try to fight the blob, or to escape and get the help from the group at the mayor's building. Or, perhaps if they were daring enough, they could run past the blob towards the house at the end of the lane, which the Pokémon next to them claimed was owned by a Pokémon named Lycanroc.​

"P- Producer will know what to do!" Tachibana exclaims. "I- I'll be back soon! Kana, Jaune, Juzumaru-san, be careful! I'll come back with help!"

And so Tachibana ran away towards her Producer, who was all the way with the group at the mayor's building.

P8nlIh7.png

"PRODUCER!" Tachibana embraced the rather tall woman, her eyes sulking.

"What's the matter, Tachibana?" Producer says. "You do not look too well."

Tachibana looks to see that Edna and Ren were there. She wipes her tears, then speaks her mind, hiding her fear.

Rm6BOgw.png

"I am well, thank you very much," Tachibana speaks in a mature tone. "the group I am currently with simply needs help with-"

Tachibana takes a good look at two blob-like beings, except smaller than the one she was ready to describe.

"- that, but much larger."

"So, there's more of those hanging around, I see? Well, they're slimes, not minotaurs or dragons. Nothing we can't handle."

"Kana and the others seem to have a bit of trouble fending it off from the main village."

"Alright, I'll head there soon, but one more thing," Producer requests of the mayor a little something, "Serperior, we have protected towns and people out of either our selfish motivations or own will. You, on the other hand, are required to protect it, especially its inhabitants. We'll pester you about the Time Gear later, but right now, I'm pestering you to do your job as a mayor."

Producer reaches her arms out.

"I'll carry you there. Take a rest to recharge your Leaf Storm. Your ability is Overgrow, is it not?"

Mayor's Office:

Small House Village:

JITTERS the Pikachu and Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln rubbed his temples, clearly angry that two more of these creatures had appeared. It didn't matter if they were truth or lies. What mattered was that the mayor didn't trust them enough to not possibly lie. He didn't care about the monsters that he would face. " Listen, good sir. I don't care if I die. I have already died twice, lost a close friend and have basically lived my whole life. Everyone from where I am from already think I'm dead, so to be quite frank, I don't care. So, there is a time gear here. Also, don't underestimate us. We may surprise you," he said, being quite frank with the mayor while preparing an electro ball to follow the lie that Edna attacked. He really hated it when people underestimated. Nobody realized that he had died, been in a rock battle, lost his powers, joined a multiverse protection agency, protected a strange girl and helped to defeat a psychopath triangle demon. He was not going to let some snake tell him what was good for him.

JITTERS used his only electric move to attack the possible lie.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Crow @Kaykay

ige0yup.png

"Pray tell, why do not just destroy both blobs and get this over with?"
Umar replied exasperated. "Hasn't this farce gone on long enough already?"

"Pray tell, why do not just destroy both blobs and get this over with?" Umar replied exasperated. "Hasn't this farce gone on long enough already?"

"That's the plan!"

Efina gave Umar an upbeat reply, not seeming to mind her exasperation.
Edna pointed her parasol at one at random.

"That one. A few artes and a well placed hit with my parasol should do the trick." she replied, placing her free hand on her hip. She was almost concerned that there may have been some form of malevolence in the area, but it didn't seem to be any strong negativity. No, just lies and possible truths.

Charging at the blob closest to her she thrusted her parasol forward as if it were a sword, followed by by a downwards slash. She planned to hit it repeatedly, then follow up with another Rock Trigger. Hopefully if it didn't defeat the thing the Rock Trigger would cause it to slow down.

Lincoln rubbed his temples, clearly angry that two more of these creatures had appeared. It didn't matter if they were truth or lies. What mattered was that the mayor didn't trust them enough to not possibly lie. He didn't care about the monsters that he would face. " Listen, good sir. I don't care if I die. I have already died twice, lost a close friend and have basically lived my whole life. Everyone from where I am from already think I'm dead, so to be quite frank, I don't care. So, there is a time gear here. Also, don't underestimate us. We may surprise you," he said, being quite frank with the mayor while preparing an electro ball to follow the lie that Edna attacked. He really hated it when people underestimated. Nobody realized that he had died, been in a rock battle, lost his powers, joined a multiverse protection agency, protected a strange girl and helped to defeat a psychopath triangle demon. He was not going to let some snake tell him what was good for him.

JITTERS used his only electric move to attack the possible lie.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Crow @Kaykay
"Yes, yes it is," the Producer would say to Effina, "I... remember a time where I cared solely for myself, not too long ago. I was too business-minded to care for even my own family. I'm doing what I can to move from there, but I guess it's hard for me to change how I treat others... especially if they're close to you. I would apologize, but... that isn't enough... after... well"

Soon, the lie beast was being gnawed on, and two more beings came in its place.

"As long as no one says anything, these beings will not grow, assuming they feed off lies and truth," Producer, shaking her head from potential embarassment, says, before delivering a kick towards them.

The electric attack and Edna's parasol attacks and Rock Trigger made rather short work of the lie, rendering it powerless for Efina to pounce on and eat.

"Get out...or...die..."

The lie spoke for a moment before Efina spit it back out, pawing her tongue as though tasting something bad. She quickly shook her head with a grimace on her face. Clearly that wasn't the lie.

Meanwhile, the Producer's kick knocked one lie creature away, allowing Ren to dart forward and give it a kick himself. It bounced off the ceiling before falling to the ground, motionless. Noticing the other creature had been defeated, Efina leaped once again, stuffing the creature in her mouth to taste it.

"I don't...know..."

"Blech..."

With an unpleasant noise, Efina spat the creature back out, both of them disappearing as Efina chose not to eat them. Neither of them had been a lie that she could eat. In other words, the Mayor had, in that sentence, been telling only the truth.

ZUWyqF7.png

"So there is a Time Gear here, but you don't know where it is, and something's gonna get us if we don't get out of this dump by nightfall? The hell does that mean?"

The Mayor only remained silent before Teo's words, neither denying nor confirming them. However, through the creatures Efina had eaten, there was no need for that anyway.
"P- Producer will know what to do!" Tachibana exclaims. "I- I'll be back soon! Kana, Jaune, Juzumaru-san, be careful! I'll come back with help!"

And so Tachibana ran away towards her Producer, who was all the way with the group at the mayor's building.

P8nlIh7.png

"PRODUCER!" Tachibana embraced the rather tall woman, her eyes sulking.

"What's the matter, Tachibana?" Producer says. "You do not look too well."

Tachibana looks to see that Edna and Ren were there. She wipes her tears, then speaks her mind, hiding her fear.

Rm6BOgw.png

"I am well, thank you very much," Tachibana speaks in a mature tone. "the group I am currently with simply needs help with-"

Tachibana takes a good look at two blob-like beings, except smaller than the one she was ready to describe.

"- that, but much larger."

"So, there's more of those hanging around, I see? Well, they're slimes, not minotaurs or dragons. Nothing we can't handle."

"Kana and the others seem to have a bit of trouble fending it off from the main village."

"Alright, I'll head there soon, but one more thing," Producer requests of the mayor a little something, "Serperior, we have protected towns and people out of either our selfish motivations or own will. You, on the other hand, are required to protect it, especially its inhabitants. We'll pester you about the Time Gear later, but right now, I'm pestering you to do your job as a mayor."

Producer reaches her arms out.

"I'll carry you there. Take a rest to recharge your Leaf Storm. Your ability is Overgrow, is it not?"

Serperior's eyes widened for a moment as he received the news the creatures seemed to be spreading throughout the village. He'd mostly been seen through here anyway, and the whole point of his grandstanding here had been the safety of his village. However, he hadn't forgotten the Servines that had been knocked out. The Mayor shot a glare at Umar, not seeming to trust the woman, or anyone else for that matter, to be left alone in the building.

"Ah, don't worry about it. She won't burn your house down for no reason at all. Probably. Besides, we have no reason to stick around in your dumpy old house anyway. Let's go take on that lie creature, or whatever. Alright?"

As though trying to prove his own words, Ren headed for the door, or where the door would have been before it was blown open, and began walking towards where the other group was.

"Yes, that is my ability,"
Serperior responded to the Producer at last. "I do not intend to allow you folk to stay here until night, but for now I will cede that you will make it easier to defeat the strange creature."

Soon enough, the rest of the group would have followed as well, arriving at the small buildings.

In Tachibana's absence, the lie creature seemed to have grown much larger than before. The sky had grown dark with the sun just barely setting, making it even harder to tell exactly how large the black blob was. However, by now, it began to rival the size of the houses in the area, easily dwarfing the group.

Other than fleeing in terror, fighting it so Efina could eat it, despite its ridiculous size, seemed to be the only option.

@Jeremi @Crow @Takumi @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @LuckycoolHawk9 @York

"That's the plan!"

The electric attack and Edna's parasol attacks and Rock Trigger made rather short work of the lie, rendering it powerless for Efina to pounce on and eat.

"Get out...or...die..."

The lie spoke for a moment before Efina spit it back out, pawing her tongue as though tasting something bad. She quickly shook her head with a grimace on her face. Clearly that wasn't the lie.

Meanwhile, the Producer's kick knocked one lie creature away, allowing Ren to dart forward and give it a kick himself. It bounced off the ceiling before falling to the ground, motionless. Noticing the other creature had been defeated, Efina leaped once again, stuffing the creature in her mouth to taste it.

"I don't...know..."

"Blech..."

With an unpleasant noise, Efina spat the creature back out, both of them disappearing as Efina chose not to eat them. Neither of them had been a lie that she could eat. In other words, the Mayor had, in that sentence, been telling only the truth.

ZUWyqF7.png

"So there is a Time Gear here, but you don't know where it is, and something's gonna get us if we don't get out of this dump by nightfall? The hell does that mean?"

The Mayor only remained silent before Teo's words, neither denying nor confirming them. However, through the creatures Efina had eaten, there was no need for that anyway.

Serperior's eyes widened for a moment as he received the news the creatures seemed to be spreading throughout the village. He'd mostly been seen through here anyway, and the whole point of his grandstanding here had been the safety of his village. However, he hadn't forgotten the Servines that had been knocked out. The Mayor shot a glare at Umar, not seeming to trust the woman, or anyone else for that matter, to be left alone in the building.

"Ah, don't worry about it. She won't burn your house down for no reason at all. Probably. Besides, we have no reason to stick around in your dumpy old house anyway. Let's go take on that lie creature, or whatever. Alright?"

As though trying to prove his own words, Ren headed for the door, or where the door would have been before it was blown open, and began walking towards where the other group was.

Serperior responded to the Producer at last. "I do not intend to allow you folk to stay here until night, but for now I will cede that you will make it easier to defeat the strange creature."

Soon enough, the rest of the group would have followed as well, arriving at the small buildings.

In Tachibana's absence, the lie creature seemed to have grown much larger than before. The sky had grown dark with the sun just barely setting, making it even harder to tell exactly how large the black blob was. However, by now, it began to rival the size of the houses in the area, easily dwarfing the group.

Other than fleeing in terror, fighting it so Efina could eat it, despite its ridiculous size, seemed to be the only option.

Edna stared up at the lie, befoee deciding to prepare another arte.

With a sigh she sat onto her Parasol as it began to float.

"Shooting Star." she said in a rather bored tone, intending to go all out in hopes of helping to defeat it as quickly as before.

If successful she would follow up with the arte Air Pressure in hopes of crushing the creature with immense pressure.

@Kaykay @Jeremi @Crow @Mason Moretti @York @Yun Lee @Anybody I missed

Lincoln was surprised that both of those things were the truth and he followed the others out of the door, not quite certain what to expect. He didn't expect a giant lie creature, but you take what you get. He shot electricity from his palms as JITTERS used his only thunder attack. He hoped it would have some effect.

@Kaykay @Jeremi @Crow @Mason Moretti @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @ All

"That's the plan!"

"Get out...or...die..."

"I don't...know..."

"Blech..."

ZUWyqF7.png

Umar35_zps12c8eeys.png

"First it was annoying snakes, and now amorphous blobs! Will this tedious nightmare ever stop?" Umar's hand crackled with magical energy before she fired it towards the blob.

Umar3_zps1edlji3o.png

"Wither to ashes you hideous creature!"