Edna's barrier deflected the lightning, bolts flying off to the side as they crashed against her mystic artes. Meanwhile, her Shooting Star flew forth at high speed, but Zapdos was beginning to Protect itself! However, as Tachibana beautifully played her instrument...

Tachibana's Dazzling activated!

It became unable to activate its move. Edna's arte shot forward unimpeded, striking right at her intended target. The legendary bird was forced back, flying back a good distance before finally it spread its wings wide, the air flow bringing it to a halt.

"You...insolent...!"

The face the bird wore was mixed. Part of it seemed angry, yet it also appeared somewhat tired. Despite just being struck by an attack, its breathing had slowed, becoming more relaxed even as it was in the middle of combat. However, the Pressure weighing upon everyone was still there. Though both the strike and Tachibana's song had been effective, it looked like Zapdos's fighting spirit hadn't burned out just yet.

In addition, it hadn't noticed Ange charging up magical energy.

"...Damn. Nice job, you two," Ren said, before suddenly rethinking using that language with a kid there. Maybe she just wouldn't notice. He thought to materialize his Guillotine, but if things kept up perhaps Tachibana's song would neutralize the threat, and he wouldn't have to put it down. So for now, he decided against it. A long sigh escaped Ren. "Isn't that enough? We don't wanna trouble you, we're just trying to get off this mountain already. If you're mad about us making a mess around here, just take it out on this guy."

He grabbed the fake Ren by his "scarf" and held him up towards Zapdos, like an offering.

tumblr_n66pdiozpJ1slvxrlo1_500.gif

"H-h-h-hey now! Let's not be hasty and do something we'll all regret!" The ditto reverted to its true form, a terrified look on its amorphous face.

"No, I think you're the only one who'd regret this."

Zapdos ignored them.

@Takumi @Crow @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @MountThunder​

"N... Now! Mammon! Lucifer! Force back... this foe!"

Ange struggled to stir up the magical energy to summon two of her Furniture, especially under the pressure that Zapdos put on all of them by just being present. As Ange collapsed from the pressured summoning, the two metal stakes that she's summoned sped towards Zapdos, hoping to pierce into the wings of Zapdos.

@Takumi @Crow @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @MountThunder
@MEADOW
@Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lissamel

250px-430Honchkrow.png

"I bet you all think you're so..." the large crow-like Pokemon began before swiftly fainting. It seemed that JITTERS and Lincoln's combined efforts were enough to easily overpower it. Lightning does clip a bird's wings.

Meanwhile, the Producer would find she would have trouble with combating her opponent. The main issue was that she wasn't grabbing her opponent. Instead, what remained in her hands as she swung them around violently was...

SubstituteG5f.png

a soft, adorable plushie, which stood in as a substitute.

250px-658Greninja.png

Instead, the tongue-scarfed frog stayed a safe distance away from Producer Madoka, chuckling to himself, "Hehe, what a foolish creature! Falling for the old Substitute bait-and-switch." In his webbed fingers, he began forming shurikens made of pressurized water. He fired three shurikens towards the group: one each towards Twilight Sparkle, Krys the Carbink, and Jaune Arc.

Twilight's Forewarn activated, alerting her of Greninja's moves: Water Shuriken, Substitute, Night Slash, and Swagger.
Krys's Sturdy activates if she gets hit, allowing her to survive the attack.

275Shiftry.png

"You're not going to take any of this sweet loot! It is all ours! We stole it first!" yelled the Pokemon with grassy fans in place of hands. Despite the lack of actual fists, the Pokemon was very aggressive with its hands, making several dirty blows at Noriaki Kakyoin and Arthur Hastings. The Pokemon even managed to punch poor Arthur in the nose.

Noriaki's Justified activated! Attack boost!
Lincoln smiled at the Pikachu. " That seemed to have worked to our advantage. Perhaps we can help the others out now where he can," he said, aiming his electricity towards the weird thing with a scarf.

JITTERS aimed a thundershock at Grenja too.
@Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lissamel

Jaune Arc
@Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lissamel
@Meadow

Seeing that the creature was not as hostile as they had first thought, Jaune realized that their task at hand was simple, really; looks like the Mayor's Son was taken by some sort of local gang.

Defeat the gang, retrieve the son, liberate the Meadow, everyone's happy, right?

hQigZON.png

"I'm in."

He said, and with that, he followed the others into the meadow, where he was promptly met with a few assailants, one of which tossed a shurike his way, something he easily protected himself from thanks to his trusty shield.

hyHEPhe.png

"Guess you're one of those gang members..." He said, frowning a little as he held up his shield.

If he were able to scare off his foe, all the better... But he had a feeling, he'd have to fight this time; it was hard to say if a situation like this could be resolved peacefully.​
glXTgGe.webp

"Huh. A Substitute Doll. That must mean it used Substitute- Carbink! Look out!"

The Producer swiftly grabs Kyrs away from the amphibian's water shurikens. Additionally, she quickly pockets the Substitute Doll.

"Princess Twilight, barriers up. Jaune Arc, heads up. Greninja's coming at you. Carbink, are you alright?"

Producer ponders for a bit.

"Greninja can have three possible abilities, and I am not ready to find out which one," the Producer utters, displaying an extent of knowledge on the odd amphibian. "Hmmm... I won't fall for the same trick again..."

Producer has an idea.

"... Or maybe I will..."

The Producer ran swiftly to shorten the distance between her and the frog, ready to slug it in the face with a fist.

"Eat this!"

A brief yelp of surprise came from the little Carbink as the Producer got her out of the way of Greninja's Water Shuriken.

tumblr_og5eazuXiL1v3qowuo9_100.png

"I... I'm okay!"

Kyrs managed to say, but was unsure on what to do. She seriously didn't feel like fighting... but these bad Pokemon are making that the current situation as of now! So... she mustered up her courage, and threw a rock at Greninja! It wouldn't do much, but she was hoping it would stun the water-type Pokemon so the Producer could do something about it!

@Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lissamel

"N... Now! Mammon! Lucifer! Force back... this foe!"

Ange struggled to stir up the magical energy to summon two of her Furniture, especially under the pressure that Zapdos put on all of them by just being present. As Ange collapsed from the pressured summoning, the two metal stakes that she's summoned sped towards Zapdos, hoping to pierce into the wings of Zapdos.

A loud shriek thundered in the skies as Mammon and Lucifer clipped the legendary bird's wings. Their magical prowess and aim for the wings had proven dangerous for Zapdos as it drifted ungracefully to the ground. The earth shook as its talons dug into the ground, the proud bird forced to stand on its legs.

"D-damn...I...I give."

Zapdos bowed its head slightly, admitting defeat to the group.
"I can just smack him out of the sky now and get it over with if he doesn't listen." Edna offered as she dusted herself off. She had her parasol at the ready, watching the Zapdos wearily from where she stood.

"From the look on your face you seem tired, but also seems like you'll only stay in our way longer than necessary." she huffed.

"You," she looked to the blob in Ren's hand, "have caused us enough trouble. It's only fair what Ren is suggesting." she growled lightly.

@Kaykay @Crow @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @MountThunder
It seemed that that would no longer be necessary, as Zapdos looked like it planned to let the group move on. But, when it came to the blob Ren held...

"I still think we should throw you to the bird. Like a pity prize, or something. You've been more trouble than you were worth."

"C'mon, it was just a little prank! I didn't mean no harm by it! It's not my fault that y'all are so serious all the time! Don't be so cruuuuEEEELLL!!!"

The Ditto's voice raised as Ren flung it like a skipping stone, sending it tumbling across the ground towards Zapdos. Ouch. Ren gave the two Pokemon a quick wave before turning his back to them.

"Aah. That was refreshing. Well, see ya. We're gonna return this drum now."

Seemed like the group was pretty much good to go now. All they had to do was return to the village. Then maybe they could finally get that audience with Thundurus.

A loud shriek thundered in the skies as Mammon and Lucifer clipped the legendary bird's wings. Their magical prowess and aim for the wings had proven dangerous for Zapdos as it drifted ungracefully to the ground. The earth shook as its talons dug into the ground, the proud bird forced to stand on its legs.

"D-damn...I...I give."

It seemed that that would no longer be necessary, as Zapdos looked like it planned to let the group move on. But, when it came to the blob Ren held...

"I still think we should throw you to the bird. Like a pity prize, or something. You've been more trouble than you were worth."

"C'mon, it was just a little prank! I didn't mean no harm by it! It's not my fault that y'all are so serious all the time! Don't be so cruuuuEEEELLL!!!"

The Ditto's voice raised as Ren flung it like a skipping stone, sending it tumbling across the ground towards Zapdos. Ouch. Ren gave the two Pokemon a quick wave before turning his back to them.

Seemed like the group was pretty much good to go now. All they had to do was return to the village. Then maybe they could finally get that audience with Thundurus.

x40Lvjy.webp

"Zapdos," Tachibana says, staying behind for a while, "in return for us defeating you, I would like to issue a request."

Tachibana begins.

"You see, I know someone who wants to meet you. He sees you as an idol, and he said that you were admirable, and wanted to be like you. That someone has helped us out a bit, and during this fight, I was thinking that I could return him the favour by letting him meet you."

Tachibana continues.

"I just thought it could be the least I could do for him for helping us. W- will you do it?"​

Notes for new GMs: Earlier on when Sen was still GMing, one of the Braviary claimed to idolize and want to meet Zapdos while conversing with 'bana. Conversation starts here.

@Kaykay @Takumi @Crow @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @MountThunder

Reactions: Mason Moretti

"D-damn...I...I give."

Umar clapped her hands together in glee. "Excellent Ren! I'd give that a ten out of ten! And finally! Let's get that lousy instrument back to those annoying creatures!"

@MEADOW
@Archmage Jeremiah @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lissamel

The ninja-like frog had kept on its guard, and was quick to make another Substitute, guarding against the Producer's pummeling and the Thundershocks from JITTERS and Lincoln. However, creating these Substitutes appeared to have a great toll on the frog. As he stood a distance back from where a secind Substitute Doll now stood, he was breathing labored and heavy. His eyelids sat half-open, ready to collapse and close in comatose sleep.

With his energy low and his guard lowered, the frog Pokemon was completely unaware of the rock which was flying towards his face. Krys's Rock Blast connected and the frog was knocked onto his back. He laid there, knocked out.

greninja-koed.jpg

With two opponents doen, that left only one more Pokemon, the one with fans for hands.

shiftry.png

"Well, this is a fine load of Tauros droppings I've gotten myself into," the leader of the gang thought to himself. He couldn't stand to lose face and admit defeat to the strange travelers who looked like hairless Pokemon, but tgey gad knocked out two of his strongest men like they were level one cannon fodder.

"Hey, kid! Yellow head with the shield," the Pokemon said, addressing Jaune, "You were saying something about not wanting to fight? Well, calm your goons down and I promise not to call any more of my back-up."

@MEADOW
@Archmage Jeremiah @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lissamel

The ninja-like frog had kept on its guard, and was quick to make another Substitute, guarding against the Producer's pummeling and the Thundershocks from JITTERS and Lincoln. However, creating these Substitutes appeared to have a great toll on the frog. As he stood a distance back from where a secind Substitute Doll now stood, he was breathing labored and heavy. His eyelids sat half-open, ready to collapse and close in comatose sleep.

With his energy low and his guard lowered, the frog Pokemon was completely unaware of the rock which was flying towards his face. Krys's Rock Blast connected and the frog was knocked onto his back. He laid there, knocked out.

greninja-koed.jpg

With two opponents doen, that left only one more Pokemon, the one with fans for hands.

shiftry.png

"Well, this is a fine load of Tauros droppings I've gotten myself into," the leader of the gang thought to himself. He couldn't stand to lose face and admit defeat to the strange travelers who looked like hairless Pokemon, but tgey gad knocked out two of his strongest men like they were level one cannon fodder.

"Hey, kid! Yellow head with the shield," the Pokemon said, addressing Jaune, "You were saying something about not wanting to fight? Well, calm your goons down and I promise not to call any more of my back-up."

Producer looks at old Smogonfrog in an intimidating fashion. "Without recovery, you can only use Subs thrice at most. You'd actually be a challenge if you used your Substitute moveslot for something else. Have a good day."

Turning to the footwear-footed leaf-handed being, Producer says, "if you have no reason to attack, we have no reason to strike either. But the thing is - we do have a reason to attack you, and you know very well why..."

Producer's stern, intimidating appearance gazed upon the long-nosed wood creature.

"You're surrounded, Shiftry. You can try any underhanded tactic on us and it won't work. Hand over Mayor Manectric's son if you know what's good for you. Oh, I actually remembered that name."

@MEADOW

greninja-koed.jpg

shiftry.png

Producer looks at old Smogonfrog in an intimidating fashion. "Without recovery, you can only use Subs thrice at most. You'd actually be a challenge if you used your Substitute moveslot for something else. Have a good day."

Turning to the footwear-footed leaf-handed being, Producer says, "if you have no reason to attack, we have no reason to strike either. But the thing is - we do have a reason to attack you, and you know very well why..."

Producer's stern, intimidating appearance gazed upon the long-nosed wood creature.

"You're surrounded, Shiftry. You can try any underhanded tactic on us and it won't work. Hand over Mayor Manectric's son if you know what's good for you. Oh, I actually remembered that name."

Things were going badly.

Okay, maybe that was a little bit of an overstatement. But Arthur still wasn't one for fighting, especially in such high-energy magically inclined situations. Sure, he could whack a Wellie off of his feet, but against what appeared to be a ninja frog (the vivid color made Arthur fearful that it could be poisonous--Poisonous tree frogs of that hue lived in the Amazon, right?) and a fan-handed plant thing, he was more than a bit out of his league. So, all things considered, he was extremely pleased when the plant seemed to want to back off from a fight.

"Ah, let's--Let's maybe not threaten him, now, he--He seems willing to surrender, and...Threats would just be in bad form...​" Arthur put on a sort of forced, shaky smile (could he even smile normally anymore, after all he'd been through?) as he addressed the Producer. He was still nervous beyond all belief, but he did continue, "Uh, h-how's about we just, er, we could all follow his request, and stop all this...Less fighting means all the faster to going home, right? Let's all take a nice breath in..."

Alright, maybe he didn't have quite the confidence to say it outside of a slightly louder than usual mutter.

[ @Mason Moretti @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Gummi Bunnies @Archmage Jeremiah @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MEADOW ]​

Umar clapped her hands together in glee. "Excellent Ren! I'd give that a ten out of ten! And finally! Let's get that lousy instrument back to those annoying creatures!"

"No argument there."

Ren smiled slightly, glad to have gotten this awful mountain trek over with. ...Also, he had to admit that these talking animal, pokemon if he remembered right, kind of weirded him out.​
x40Lvjy.webp

"Zapdos," Tachibana says, staying behind for a while, "in return for us defeating you, I would like to issue a request."

Tachibana begins.

"You see, I know someone who wants to meet you. He sees you as an idol, and he said that you were admirable, and wanted to be like you. That someone has helped us out a bit, and during this fight, I was thinking that I could return him the favour by letting him meet you."

Tachibana continues.

"I just thought it could be the least I could do for him for helping us. W- will you do it?"

Notes for new GMs: Earlier on when Sen was still GMing, one of the Braviary claimed to idolize and want to meet Zapdos while conversing with 'bana. Conversation starts here.

@Kaykay @Takumi @Crow @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @MountThunder​
The Zapdos didn't look to be in a good mood, likely due to what had just transpired, but still the legendary bird paid heed to the little girl's words.

"Hah! Would your friend not mock me for losing to rabble like you folk? But what right does the loser have to refuse a request. I will meet your 'friend,' child."

"Hold on, does that mean we're bringing the big zappy bird back with us?" Ren asked, turning around as he overheard their conversation.

"Some are more annoying than others." Edna grumbled while giving Umar a look.

"No argument there."

Ren smiled slightly, glad to have gotten this awful mountain trek over with. ...Also, he had to admit that these talking animal, pokemon if he remembered right, kind of weirded him out.​

The Zapdos didn't look to be in a good mood, likely due to what had just transpired, but still the legendary bird paid heed to the little girl's words.

"Hah! Would your friend not mock me for losing to rabble like you folk? But what right does the loser have to refuse a request. I will meet your 'friend,' child."

"Hold on, does that mean we're bringing the big zappy bird back with us?" Ren asked, turning around as he overheard their conversation.

"Wee." Edna deadpanned as she glanced to the Zapdos before rolling her eyes.

"Looks like we're stuck with it for now..." she sighed, following the trek down the mountain.

Lincoln looked over at Shiftry and he looked at him. " And how do we know that we can trust you? It isn't like you haven't lied or taken advantage of us before. I don't even believe that you have any backup. It seems like a bluff to make us lower your guard so yo can escape. Give us one GOOD reason that we should trust you. I am waiting on you for this one," he said to the other pokemon.

JITTERS nodded in agreement.

@MEADOW
@Archmage Jeremiah @Mason Moretti @york @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lissamel

@MEADOW

greninja-koed.jpg

shiftry.png

Things were going badly.

Okay, maybe that was a little bit of an overstatement. But Arthur still wasn't one for fighting, especially in such high-energy magically inclined situations. Sure, he could whack a Wellie off of his feet, but against what appeared to be a ninja frog (the vivid color made Arthur fearful that it could be poisonous--Poisonous tree frogs of that hue lived in the Amazon, right?) and a fan-handed plant thing, he was more than a bit out of his league. So, all things considered, he was extremely pleased when the plant seemed to want to back off from a fight.

"Ah, let's--Let's maybe not threaten him, now, he--He seems willing to surrender, and...Threats would just be in bad form...​" Arthur put on a sort of forced, shaky smile (could he even smile normally anymore, after all he'd been through?) as he addressed the Producer. He was still nervous beyond all belief, but he did continue, "Uh, h-how's about we just, er, we could all follow his request, and stop all this...Less fighting means all the faster to going home, right? Let's all take a nice breath in..."

Alright, maybe he didn't have quite the confidence to say it outside of a slightly louder than usual mutter.

[ @Mason Moretti @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Gummi Bunnies @Archmage Jeremiah @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MEADOW ]​
Lincoln looked over at Shiftry and he looked at him. " And how do we know that we can trust you? It isn't like you haven't lied or taken advantage of us before. I don't even believe that you have any backup. It seems like a bluff to make us lower your guard so yo can escape. Give us one GOOD reason that we should trust you. I am waiting on you for this one," he said to the other pokemon.

@MEADOW
@Archmage Jeremiah @Mason Moretti @york @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lissamel
Jaune Arc
@Archmage Jeremiah @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lissamel
@Meadow

Well, it seemed that the battle was reasonably settled now, seeing as the gang leader seemed ready for surrender, but naturally... Jaune was cautious as ever, incase they were to try something shifty.

vVZtHYu.png

"Fine... We we'll let you go, if you promise to leave this place..." He said firmly.

Looks like he hoped to complete his mission in a rather peacefull manner, but well... It was hard to say if the gang would budge, despite their forces obviously being in a little bit of a jam in the presense of Jaune and the others. With any luck though, they would at least take the hint and leave the place alone.​

Last edited:
Jaune Arc
@Meadow

Well, it seemed that the battle was reasonably settled now, seeing as the gang leader seemed ready for surrender, but naturally... Jaune was cautious as ever, incase they were to try something shifty.

vVZtHYu.png

"Fine... We we'll let you go, if you promise to leave this place..." He said firmly.

Looks like he hoped to complete his mission in a rather peacefull manner, but well... It was hard to say if the gang would budge, despite their forces obviously being in a little bit of a jam in the presense of Jaune and the others. With any luck though, they would at least take the hint and leave the place alone.​

"Jaune, you seem to be forgetting something," the Producer then whispers something into his ears.

"Mayor Manectric's son, the Aron and Lairon claim that this gang took him. We can't just let them leave now."​

"Jaune, you seem to be forgetting something," the Producer then whispers something into his ears.

"Mayor Manectric's son, the Aron and Lairon claim that this gang took him. We can't just let them leave now."​

Jaune Arc
@Archmage Jeremiah @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lissamel
@Meadow

Whoops, Jaune had nearly forgotten about this actually, perhaps in the heat of the moment, as he had been fumbling for something to say, but he quickly righted this by making an addition to his request.

aNv78Y5.png

"Wait! But... Before you go. Do you know where Mayor Manetric's son is?" He added, trying to maintain his firm tone.

It was apparent that he was aiming to at least find out more about the Mayor's son's whereabouts, given that he had been taken and all. Perhaps the gang would at least disclose that information.​

Lincoln looked over at the boy and was silent for the moment. " I don't think we will be finding the Mayor's son if we let him go. Villains typically aren't willing to give away things they want to give away and I am sure that evil Pokémon apply to," he said, a she looked over at the others, as he blocked the path for Shiftry. He didn't trust the pokemon in the slightest.

JITTERS looked over at Lincoln. " I agree with Lincoln. Evil pokemon don't give away their prizes, they often try to find ways to escape when defeated," he said.

It seemed that Lincoln and JITTERS stood firm with the idea that Shiftry shouldn't leave until he gave back Mayor Manetric's son.

@MEADOW

"No argument there."

"Looks like we're stuck with it for now..." she sighed, following the trek down the mountain.

7VBO4MU.png

"Not back with us, just until we reach the Braviary," Tachibana says to Ren. "They should be up ahead. I hope the one I talked to is still there."

"Zapdos, I think it's up to you whether you want to tell them if you were defeated or just... roll with it...

ogr5WwG.png

... say, Zapdos, have you ever lost to anyone before this? I- I just want to know... how to deal with failure..."​

@Kaykay @Takumi @Crow @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @MountThunder

Ren stifled his laughter at Edna's comment. Even though Zapdos was apparently going to be coming with them for a bit, which he felt was a bit awkward considering they'd just been battling it, he decided it was no use talking about it any further. It wasn't like the pokemon would hurt them, at the very least. Leave it to the kid to make friends with the birds.
7VBO4MU.png

"Not back with us, just until we reach the Braviary," Tachibana says to Ren. "They should be up ahead. I hope the one I talked to is still there."

"Zapdos, I think it's up to you whether you want to tell them if you were defeated or just... roll with it...

ogr5WwG.png

... say, Zapdos, have you ever lost to anyone before this? I- I just want to know... how to deal with failure..."​

Zapdos seemed to snort at Tachibana's words. From the look on his face, he looked either disappointed or just annoyed. He had been in conflict with Thundurus before, but this time was a bit different. A sigh came from the legendary bird's beak, and his expression softened.

"I wish to know the same thing, girl."

It didn't take that long for the group to get back to the Braviary that had brought them here. Each pokemon of a species didn't seem to look all that different from the group's point of view, so it was hard to tell them apart just given their features. Tachibana probably wouldn't be able to tell if it was the one she'd talked to purely on looks.

Fortunately, it was much easier for the Braviary to recognize her.

2628-Shiny-Braviary.png

"Oh, Tachibana! Are you all done with your business here on Mount Thunder? I must say, that was certainly faster than I expect...ed..." Suddenly seeing the form of a certain thunder bird tailing at the back of the group, the Braviary's speech screeched to a halt. "Z-Zapdos? I-it's unmistakable, and unbelievable! You lot actually found him, a-and he's come all the way down here?!"

Braviary quickly lowered its head in reverence to the ruler of this mountain. Ren scratched his cheek with a slightly perturbed expression, suddenly feeling guilty about putting Zapdos down so much earlier.

Zapdos blinked a few times at the Braviary's act of respect. How should he respond? Naturally, as one of the legendary bird trio, other bird pokemon would look up to him and respect him, so it'd be a great dishonor to have to admit he came down here due to being defeated. But on the other hand, there was no guarantee the group would keep quiet about his defeat and to lie about the results was a disgrace in itself.

He decided.

After a few seconds of silence, Zapdos expanded his wings to their full span, electricity crackling from his wingtips.

"The one and only. I've heard you have requested my audience?"

It couldn't be helped if someone mentioned his loss. Then, he would simply take it in stride. There was no need to mention it, but if it came up...

Well, that was just how things would be.

To the Braviary, a bird pokemon that commanded the strikes of lightning that were so lethal to most of their kind was awe-inspiring, and Zapdos was a few sizes larger than the Braviary as well. Not to mention Zapdos hadn't been seen in quite some time. Braviary hadn't expected to ever actually even so much as spot Zapdos, never mind actually meet him face to face like this. He sneaked a look at Tachibana.

"Th-th-then, um..." Braviary wanted to ask something along the lines of "How do I become like you?" or some other variation of that, but the words just kept on escaping him. It was as if Zapdos's Pressure was something that couldn't be turned off.

"Hey, uh, sorry to interrupt, but can we get back to the village now? We kinda have to see Thundurus, and all." Ren cut in, not wanting to waste too much time here on this strange meeting going on.

"O-oh yes, of course..." Braviary murmured, its gaze never leaving Zapdos's frightening figure.

Seemed if anyone wanted to say anything here, now was the time.

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
Ren stifled his laughter at Edna's comment. Even though Zapdos was apparently going to be coming with them for a bit, which he felt was a bit awkward considering they'd just been battling it, he decided it was no use talking about it any further. It wasn't like the pokemon would hurt them, at the very least. Leave it to the kid to make friends with the birds.

Zapdos seemed to snort at Tachibana's words. From the look on his face, he looked either disappointed or just annoyed. He had been in conflict with Thundurus before, but this time was a bit different. A sigh came from the legendary bird's beak, and his expression softened.

It didn't take that long for the group to get back to the Braviary that had brought them here. Each pokemon of a species didn't seem to look all that different from the group's point of view, so it was hard to tell them apart just given their features. Tachibana probably wouldn't be able to tell if it was the one she'd talked to purely on looks.

2628-Shiny-Braviary.png

"Oh, Tachibana! Are you all done with your business here on Mount Thunder? I must say, that was certainly faster than I expect...ed..." Suddenly seeing the form of a certain thunder bird tailing at the back of the group, the Braviary's speech screeched to a halt. "Z-Zapdos? I-it's unmistakable, and unbelievable! You lot actually found him, a-and he's come all the way down here?!"

Braviary quickly lowered its head in reverence to the ruler of this mountain. Ren scratched his cheek with a slightly perturbed expression, suddenly feeling guilty about putting Zapdos down so much earlier.

Zapdos blinked a few times at the Braviary's act of respect. How should he respond? Naturally, as one of the legendary bird trio, other bird pokemon would look up to him and respect him, so it'd be a great dishonor to have to admit he came down here due to being defeated. But on the other hand, there was no guarantee the group would keep quiet about his defeat and to lie about the results was a disgrace in itself.

He decided.

After a few seconds of silence, Zapdos expanded his wings to their full span, electricity crackling from his wingtips.

It couldn't be helped if someone mentioned his loss. Then, he would simply take it in stride. There was no need to mention it, but if it came up...

To the Braviary, a bird pokemon that commanded the strikes of lightning that were so lethal to most of their kind was awe-inspiring, and Zapdos was a few sizes larger than the Braviary as well. Not to mention Zapdos hadn't been seen in quite some time. Braviary hadn't expected to ever actually even so much as spot Zapdos, never mind actually meet him face to face like this. He sneaked a look at Tachibana.

"Th-th-then, um..." Braviary wanted to ask something along the lines of "How do I become like you?" or some other variation of that, but the words just kept on escaping him. It was as if Zapdos's Pressure was something that couldn't be turned off.

"Hey, uh, sorry to interrupt, but can we get back to the village now? We kinda have to see Thundurus, and all." Ren cut in, not wanting to waste too much time here on this strange meeting going on.

"O-oh yes, of course..." Braviary murmured, its gaze never leaving Zapdos's frightening figure.

Tachibana notices that Braviary wanted to say something, but what?

Of course!​

"Zapdos is what I want to be. A big, scary, thunder bird! Caw, I wouldn't have to be scared of anything!"​

Tachibana then speaks to Zapdos.

2y5xanD.png

"Wait! Before we head off..." Tachibana turns to Zapdos. "My friend Braviary here, he wants to know... he wants to know how to become you... no, how to become like you! Isn't that right, Braviary?"

Tachibana continues, this time speaking to Braviary.

ogr5WwG.png

"Braviary, I want to simplify the words I'm about to say - it's important to be direct at the appropriate times. This is one of those times. If only I knew this beforehand... but at least you do now."

@Takumi @Crow @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Kaykay @MountThunder

Things were going badly.
@MEADOW

Jaune Arc
@Meadow
Whoops, Jaune had nearly forgotten about this actually, perhaps in the heat of the moment, as he had been fumbling for something to say, but he quickly righted this by making an addition to his request.
aNv78Y5.png

"Wait! But... Before you go. Do you know where Mayor Manetric's son is?" He added, trying to maintain his firm tone.
It was apparent that he was aiming to at least find out more about the Mayor's son's whereabouts, given that he had been taken and all. Perhaps the gang would at least disclose that information.​
Lincoln looked over at the boy and was silent for the moment. " I don't think we will be finding the Mayor's son if we let him go. Villains typically aren't willing to give away things they want to give away and I am sure that evil Pokémon apply to," he said, a she looked over at the others, as he blocked the path for Shiftry. He didn't trust the pokemon in the slightest.
JITTERS looked over at Lincoln. " I agree with Lincoln. Evil pokemon don't give away their prizes, they often try to find ways to escape when defeated," he said.
It seemed that Lincoln and JITTERS stood firm with the idea that Shiftry shouldn't leave until he gave back Mayor Manetric's son.
@MEADOW

The fan-handed Pokemon gasped for air, despite being a plant and all that, when Lincoln had managed to call his bluff. However, he did his best to cover his fear with an angered scowl. However, he slowly dropped his guard as the creature who had beaten his fastest, sneakiest, and frog-iest ally revealed the group's true intentions.

"Huh? That... That stupid kid is all you want? None of the loot?" The Pokemon released a frustrated growl and buried his head in his leaves. From behind his leafy hands, he sighed, "Just follow me." With his metaphorical tail between his legs, the Pokemon turned his back to the group and headed towards what appeared to be a pile of rocks covered with wild and overgrown moss and ivy. However, the sneaky Pokemon revealed this to be nothing but an illusion. Scraping aside the ivy revealed an entrance to a hidden cave, which the Pokemon beckoned the group through.

"I suppose I should ask you to keep this hideout a secret," the Pokemon said while leading the group into the cave, "But we were going to clear out of this place as soon as we got all the loot together. It'll be a lot easier to move all our loot without having the kid to drag along, though." As he walked further into the hideout, the Pokemon continued to steal glances back at the group. Despite being a thief himself, he wouldn't appreciate others stealing from him. As the group entered the hideout, the clear open air and scent of flowers from the meadow would disappear to be replaced with the dank smell of a dirty cave. Light was low, the ground seemed wet, and the whole area gave the impression of being... dirty. It bothered the long-nosed Pokemon none, however.

As they proceeded deeper into the hideout, a sound could be heard, like some kind of high-pitched screech. The source, within the deepest part of the hideout, was a small green-and-yellow Pokemon which sat trapped, inside a cage, atop a bed of golden coins.

6189a2a164afd43f2945c29f79b5a39b.jpg

"You dirty thieves! You don't listen! I'll tell you a hundred times! Once my Daddy knows what you did, he'll..."

"Shut up, Electrike! The stupid mayor sent some weirdos to help you. Please, get this kid off my hands. He's not worth the ransom." The fan-leafed Pokemon held out a key, offering it to Jaune.

@Hideout​

The fan-handed Pokemon gasped for air, despite being a plant and all that, when Lincoln had managed to call his bluff. However, he did his best to cover his fear with an angered scowl. However, he slowly dropped his guard as the creature who had beaten his fastest, sneakiest, and frog-iest ally revealed the group's true intentions.

"Huh? That... That stupid kid is all you want? None of the loot?" The Pokemon released a frustrated growl and buried his head in his leaves. From behind his leafy hands, he sighed, "Just follow me." With his metaphorical tail between his legs, the Pokemon turned his back to the group and headed towards what appeared to be a pile of rocks covered with wild and overgrown moss and ivy. However, the sneaky Pokemon revealed this to be nothing but an illusion. Scraping aside the ivy revealed an entrance to a hidden cave, which the Pokemon beckoned the group through.

"I suppose I should ask you to keep this hideout a secret," the Pokemon said while leading the group into the cave, "But we were going to clear out of this place as soon as we got all the loot together. It'll be a lot easier to move all our loot without having the kid to drag along, though." As he walked further into the hideout, the Pokemon continued to steal glances back at the group. Despite being a thief himself, he wouldn't appreciate others stealing from him. As the group entered the hideout, the clear open air and scent of flowers from the meadow would disappear to be replaced with the dank smell of a dirty cave. Light was low, the ground seemed wet, and the whole area gave the impression of being... dirty. It bothered the long-nosed Pokemon none, however.

As they proceeded deeper into the hideout, a sound could be heard, like some kind of high-pitched screech. The source, within the deepest part of the hideout, was a small green-and-yellow Pokemon which sat trapped, inside a cage, atop a bed of golden coins.

"You dirty thieves! You don't listen! I'll tell you a hundred times! Once my Daddy knows what you did, he'll..."

"Shut up, Electrike! The stupid mayor sent some weirdos to help you. Please, get this kid off my hands. He's not worth the ransom." The fan-leafed Pokemon held out a key, offering it to Jaune.

@Hideout​

"Huh," the Producer shrugs, "that felt a little too easy. Well Jaune, go ahead."

The Producer positions herself right next to the one she previously referred to as 'Shrifty'.

"Thank you for heeding our request. It would be best for you all to head out of here as soon as possible," the Producer says, "but it appears that that is what you're doing, so all is good."​

@Archmage Jeremiah @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lissamel @Mason Moretti

@MEADOW

greninja-koed.jpg

shiftry.png

Things were going badly.

@MEADOW
Jaune Arc
@Meadow

vVZtHYu.png

Jaune Arc
@Meadow

aNv78Y5.png

@MEADOW

@Hideout​
tumblr_og5ehveU3T1v3qowuo1_100.png

"U-Um... don't worry, we're going to take you home!"

Kyrs decided to stay all hopeful and stuff for the sake of Electrike. Well... she was trying.

@Archmage Jeremiah @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Mason Moretti @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lissamel

2628-Shiny-Braviary.png

He decided.

Tachibana notices that Braviary wanted to say something, but what?

Of course!​

Tachibana then speaks to Zapdos.

2y5xanD.png

"Wait! Before we head off..." Tachibana turns to Zapdos. "My friend Braviary here, he wants to know... he wants to know how to become you... no, how to become like you! Isn't that right, Braviary?"

Tachibana continues, this time speaking to Braviary.

ogr5WwG.png

"Braviary, I want to simplify the words I'm about to say - it's important to be direct at the appropriate times. This is one of those times. If only I knew this beforehand... but at least you do now."

@Takumi @Crow @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Kaykay @MountThunder

"... I'll be waiting until we proceed to see Thundurus."

Ange had only that to say before she pulled out the diary that she would always read out of.

@Takumi @Crow @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Kaykay @MountThunder​