A Wild Wolf and his Mate

When the food was finished Milo sighed in satisfaction and used the towel Madelyn had gave him to wipe his face and body. By now the sun was setting and he was completely comfortable in his spot. Eve though he was sitting next to a beautiful woman Milo couldn't help but think about the full moon that was coming in two days, not only that but that woman. He had never seen her before but she looked at him as if she knew him. That look that she had in her eyes made him weary and he knew he had to let his brother and friend know. There was something in his gut feeling told him to watch out for that woman and that he was going to do.

When he had looked back over and Madelyn he noticed that she was looking at him and he slightly grinned. "That's pretty neat. I wish I could go running like that. I'm just not built for running. I like dancing though. That's my cardio of choice." Milo imagined her dancing and then all his pure thoughts turned negative and he shook his head of the thoughts."if you want, we could watch a movie. I'd be happy to make something for dinner and pop in a movie to watch with you." Milo nodded and then reached for the remote turning on the TV. " Yeah sure I'd love to, what are you interested in watching? Horror, Action, or comedy?. In the back of his mind Milo hoped that she would pick scary that way he'd have an excuse to be close to her.

Madelyn smiled as he accepted her offer for a movie and dinner. She tapped her chin as she thought. She didn't really care for scary films but if she chose a scary movie, she could use it as an excuse to get scared and move closer to Milo. "Hmm.. let's do a scary movie but nothing with too much gore. No Saw movies but something scary. And I think we should just order some food. Would you prefer pizza or Chinese?"

She got up and moved to look at the delivery menus stuck to her fridge. She grabbed the menus for her favorite places and sat down on the couch again, this time a little closer to Milo. She handed the menus to Milo and pulled her phone from her pocket to make the call when they decided.

Milo leaned back and looked over at Madelyn. "Hmm.. let's do a scary movie but nothing with too much gore. No Saw movies but something scary. And I think we should just order some food. Would you prefer pizza or Chinese?" He was glad that she decided to go with the scary movie but any movie would do as long as he was watching it with her.

" Hmm I prefer the pizza". Milo watched as she walked over to get the menus. Chinese food never really went well with him. He noticed that she had gotten closer and could feel the heat radiating off her body. Milo reached for the remote and then found a decent scary movie, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The movie wasn't scary but it was creepy. As the movie played Milo wrapped his arms around Madelyn, content with her close to him it felt so right.

( Sorry its short, running on fums lol)

((No worries. Me too. After this, it's snooze time))

Madelyn looked up as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders. She grinned and let herself settle into his side, looking at the menu for the pizza place. She liked pretty much any pizza this place had so it was totally up to Milo. Considering him, she had a suspicion that she knew what he would like. "So wanna do a pizza with lots of meat? I bet after all that running, you'll want to get plenty of proteins in you." She chuckled and reached over to pat his flat, toned abs. A jolt raced through her body as she felt her hand touch his stomach. His abs were so strong but not too hard. She stole a look at them and found herself nibbling her bottom lip again, trying to force herself to behave and not push any boundaries by touching his stomach again. She didn't want him to think she was weird or anything.

Hearing the music from the tv, she looked up to see that he had chosen the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Always a good choice. She had seen it a few times before but she knew that no matter how many times she had seen it, she would still jump at everything. She offered him the menu and moved closer, already feeling herself getting nervous for the first fright.

"So wanna do a pizza with lots of meat? I bet after all that running, you'll want to get plenty of proteins in you." Milo chuckled somewhat knowing that the meat was one of his favorite toppings. " Yeah pizza with lots of meat sounds great right about now". When Madelyn's hand patted his stomach a sensation traveled all over his body and he sucked in a breath. Everything was heightened including his response to touch. His skin sent off a rippling effect that he knew she had felt as well. It was almost what you could call shared pleasure and now so close to the full moon it was in full effect.

As the movie began he let Madelyn move even closer to him. He could smell her comfort, slight nervousness, and excitement. When one of the scary parts had come on he let his hand move gently along her back as a gentle reassurance that he was right next to her and it was a movie.He knew some people who when they watched a scary movie they were bugged out for a few days thinking that the killers in the movie were coming to get them next. When someone knocked on the door Milo stood. " Don't worry I got it". He walked over opening the door and took the pizza from the guy. " That will be ten bucks".

Milo peered at the man for a second as he reached into his shorts finding a crumbled five. " Here's five you don't really mind do you". The pizza guy had a blank expression and then nodded. " Thanks for the delivery". He knew he shouldn't have used manipulation but it wasn't for anything bad. He closed the door turning back to Madelyn as he placed the pizza in front of them. " Scary movie night with some pizza and a beautiful woman". Milo smiled warmly as he pulled her into his body.

Madelyn put in the order for the pizza before settling into the couch to watch the movie. As it continued, she felt her nerves building and she curled close to Milo for support. She felt his hand rubbing her back and found it very comforting. The movie started getting intense and she found herself leaning closer to Milo to feel safe.

Then the doorbell rang and she jumped, letting out a sudden yelp of fright. "Ah!" When she realized that it was only the pizza delivery, she sighed and reached out to pause the movie. She leaned back against the couch and put a hand over her heart to make sure it didn't jump from her chest. "Oh goodness... I like scary movies sometimes but they always make me so jumpy." She smiled as Milo returned and set the pizza on the coffee table. Getting up, she refilled their water glasses before joining him again on the couch. Picking up the remote, she started the movie again and picked up a slice of pizza to eat.

Spending time like this with Milo was so much fun. They were able to relax so much. It was also nice to be able to be alone with Milo, not worrying about anyone staring or Matthias making jokes.

Milo grabbed a slice of pizza and devoured it savoring the taste. As the movie continued to play he looked over at Madelyn to make sure she wasn't too scared. " I like scary movies because they always keep me on my feet to wonder whats going to happen next". He moved close to her and placed his arm around her like he had earlier. Milo could feel his body heating up again and he knew that soon Madelyn would feel it too. As he went to move his arm from around her the contact of her skin sent another wave of sensation up his arm which spread through his entire body.

He bit down on his lower lip trying to control himself but he could only do so much. Milo reached down and tilted Madelyn's face upward towards him. Leaning down he brushed his lips against hers first teasing as the shock rippled through his body and finally he claimed her lips. His mouth explored hers testing the waters as his hands rested on her waist. God she tasted good and all he wanted was more, and more. Abruptly he stopped feeling his eyes change colors and he cursed under his breath for letting himself slip up. Standing up he turned away from her. " I apologize, I just- I have to go". Milo didn't look back as he walked out the door and headed down the stairs to the first floor.

How could he be so stupid? He knew it was only two days till the full moon and he knew what it did to him yet he messed it all up by going to Madelyn's apartment. Milo gritted his teeth as the sensation lingered. When he walked out the building Matthias was standing across the street. " Well well little brother something told me you'd be here and from the looks of it you got too worked up. We told you about relationships. You need to stay away from her specially now with the full moon coming". Milo looked away from his brother but he knew he was right him making reckless decisions because of his feelings for Madelyn would cost him his secret and the safety of his family.

Madelyn sat on the couch, enjoying the comfort of having him so close to her. As his arm wrapped around her, she felt a jolt of warmth spread through her body and she glanced up at him. She saw him biting his lip and looked up when she felt his hand on her cheek. Tilting her head up, she found herself staring into his eyes as their faces got closer and closer. Her heart was racing faster and faster until their lips finally met. A spark raced through her when they kissed for the first time, their second kiss only seconds behind the first. As he pressed closer into the kiss, she happily responded by returning the kiss and moving to rest her hands against his toned chest. She moaned softly against his lips and wanted to savor this sensation for a very long time.

Then she felt him pull away. She thought it was just for a breath of air but then he got up, apologizing and saying that he had to leave. "Milo? Milo, wait!" She was able to stumble to her feet just as the front door shut behind him. The young woman was left frozen in her spot as she thought about what had just happened. She had finally gotten to kiss Milo but then he'd run. Did he regret kissing her? Was he ashamed? Glancing to the balcony, she slowly found her way over and glanced out the window, seeing that Milo was standing and talking to his brother. What was happening? The more this hung over her head, the more her eyes began to water.

Matthias looked up from the middle of the conversation and Milo followed his brothers gaze to see that Madelyn was on her balcony looking down at them. A normal person wouldn't be able to see her face but he could see that she was crying and very much confused by the whole situation at hand. " She really cares about you Milo, a little more than you think. This secret that we carry it will hurt her if she finds out especially at the rate both of your feelings are developing for one another and quite frankly I can tell you to keep your distance all you want but I know that you wont but think about your family before you risk cover for all of us not just you". Milo ran his hands through his hair and he sighed looking away from Madelyn wishing that things were easy.

As his brother walked away Milo called out to him. " There's a woman in town, new I'm guessing but she looked at me like she knew me and what I was. Matthias stopped in mid stride as he slowly turned to his brother. " Are you sure?". Milo nodded his head and started back to his house. " I don't want to over think it but she might know who this other wolf is or she might be the wolf herself". Matthias nodded grimly and then took off in a different direction within a blink of an eye.

When Milo returned hone the first thing he did was take a warm shower and then throw on some sweats. Today had gone from amazing to bad in a matter of hours. The next day would be the last day till the full moon and his brother, Bobby, and himself had all taken two days off of work leaving Thomas and Rachel in charge of the shop with extra pay of course. He knew he would want to see Madelyn again to apologize for what had happened but if he went to see her he doubt that he would talk to her and instead kiss her senseless all over again making things even more complicated between them again. He closed his eyes soon enough with that mysterious woman on his mind.

Madelyn saw them both look up at her and she watched them for just a moment to see what would happen. Then Milo turned away from her and she couldn't handle it any longer. She pushed away from the window and walked to her couch. She collapsed onto the couch and let her tears fall, wanting to let her emotions out instead of bottling them up.

She spent the rest of the night watching tv but barely paying attention. She put away the pizza and want to bed to try and get over this situation. When she woke the next morning, she showered and dried her hair before getting dressed in some red wide-leg pants and a white blouse. She picked up her bag and slung it over her shoulder while she slipped on her black flats.

She was halfway to the cafe when she realized what she was doing. Should she even go to the cafe? After last night, maybe she shouldn't go. She thought over her options and finally decided to just give in and go. If Milo didn't want to talk, she wouldn't force him to talk. She would simply get her breakfast and leave. She walked into the cafe and glanced around to see who was there before walking up to the counter. "Good morning. May I have one coffee and a blueberry muffin please?"

Milo woke up the next morning with a extreme headache. He groaned sitting up and rubbed his head slowly. The pain felt like someone hit him upside the head with a bat while he was asleep. Getting out of bed he took some meds and then stepped into the shower letting the warm water soothe his muscles. Once he was finished he threw on a gray long sleeve shirt that outlined his muscles perfectly and then some jeans and shoes. He sat down and ate a big breakfast finishing it down with some coffee before Bobby knocked on the door and let himself in. " Well well well Matthias told me what happened yesterday. Shit man I know how you feel". Milo raised his eyebrows in shock. " Really? I thought you were gonna come over here and lecture me or something".

Bobby laughed and pulled his mid length hair back and took a seat in-front of him. " Look believe it or not i'm seeing someone, but I keep my distance because I know that if i am with her during this time then I might slip up and I don't want that to happen. I'm happy here and so are you and I'm sure you are too so don't mess this up for us and for yourself. When the full moons over you can be with her all you want just- just not right now bro". Milo understood both him and his brother but it was going to be hard leaving Madelyn alone. " Yeah I feel ya Bob, Don't worry I got you". After they talked Milo left and went to head to the store.

When he finished Milo walked past the cafe to see how business was doing. As he looked in the cafe he spotted Madelyn and he sighed wanting to go in and tell her why he left or well at least just to apologize for leaving the way he did. Milo walked into the cafe and then approached Madelyn. " Look can we talk please". Milo walked over to her favorite spot and then took a seat in the one he was in earlier. " Look I'm sorry about leaving the way I did yesterday. It wasn't you at all and I didn't want to stop either trust me okay. I left because I didn't stop I would get to carried away and do something we might regret later".

Madelyn looked up from the counter when she heard Milo's voice beside her. Turning, she saw him standing beside him. As always, he looked exceedingly handsome in his jeans and tight shirt that showed off his muscles. Receiving her breakfast, she thanked the guy behind the counter and followed Milo to her normal spot. She sat down in her chair and put her muffin down while holding her coffee in her hands. She looked at Milo and listened as he apologized for the situation that ended last night. She thought over his answer and nodded. He didn't want to push her before but she had to admit, she thought he could have at least explained himself last night.

"Milo, I can understand not wanting to cross a certain line. I wouldn't want to do something and then regret it later but..." She sighed and bowed her head to think of how she wanted to explain this. Looking back up at him, she decided to put her feelings out there. "I was so happy when you kissed me. I've been dreaming about that kiss for months now. So when it finally happened, I was over the moon... And then you just got up and ran out. Can you imagine how that made me feel? It felt like.. you didn't care. It almost felt like you had just used me and decided that it wasn't worth it so you just ran. Then you stood outside and talked to your brother. I didn't know what to think but I could feel my heart breaking. I guess... I just would have felt better if you had told me last night. If you didn't want to push any limits, you can just tell me. I won't be mad."

She smiled and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear as she let her words sink in. Looking at him, she admired how handsome he was and could see that he was really sorry about what happened last night. "I know that I'm just some college girl but you can be honest with me. I will never hold anything against you. I just hope that you feel this connection like I do and feel like something really great could come from it." After putting her words out there, she felt a little nervous and awkward as they sat. Hopefully, he would speak up soon or she might have to leave before she overheated from the blush she could feel building inside her.

"Milo, I can understand not wanting to cross a certain line. I wouldn't want to do something and then regret it later but...I was so happy when you kissed me. I've been dreaming about that kiss for months now. So when it finally happened, I was over the moon... And then you just got up and ran out. Can you imagine how that made me feel? It felt like.. you didn't care. It almost felt like you had just used me and decided that it wasn't worth it so you just ran. Then you stood outside and talked to your brother. I didn't know what to think but I could feel my heart breaking. I guess... I just would have felt better if you had told me last night. If you didn't want to push any limits, you can just tell me. I won't be mad I know that I'm just some college girl but you can be honest with me. I will never hold anything against you. I just hope that you feel this connection like I do and feel like something really great could come from it."

Milo looked at Madelyn as she spoke and he felt bad that he had walked out on her but it wasn't his intention. If he would have continued at the rate that he was going then she would have saw his eyes and questioned him and then all hell would break loose. As for her seeing his brother that was a mistake as well but Milo knew that his brother sensed him and that's why he knew where Milo was at. " Madelyn listen it wasn't that I don't like you because I do and I have for months. I ran out because things with me are complicated and I didn't want to complicated things with you because I care about you. My brother being there was a coincidence but that's it.

" Listen... your not just some college girl to me okay? There is a connection between us and trust me I want you to be mine it's not that I don't and I truly am sorry that I made you feel like that". As he looked at her Milo reached over and stroked her cheek before leaning over and planting a soft kiss on her lips. " Don't think I left because there were no feelings there because there is Madelyn".

Madelyn listened and found her lips curling up in a smile as he spoke. He did have feelings for her. She felt a huge fear disappear when he said that he cared. She nodded when he mentioned things being complicated but she was willing to work with him to find a way for them to be together. Everyone had complicated things in their lives. It was going to take them time to figure out the best way to make this work. When Milo reached up to stroke her cheek, she leaned into his touch and returned the gentle kiss he gave her. She looked into his eyes as they pulled away and smiled. "That's great to hear. I'm really happy. I'm ready to work this out between us. I don't want to just walk away from this when there is such a unique bond. Just tell me what we need to do to make this work and I'll be there."

Now that they had put their feelings out, she felt a lot better. She lifted her coffee to her lips and took a sip, feeling like a big weight was lifted from her shoulders and from her heart. If they could work together and find the perfect balance for them, they could really try to make this relationship work. She set her coffee down on the table and leaned over to kiss Milo's cheek gently. "So, we should probably talk about some guidelines and stuff for us, right? Or do you wanna wait so we can each figure things out on our own before we come together and work on this?"

Milo was truly glad that she understood what was going on because it wasn't his intention to hurt her at all. When she leaned over and kissed his cheek he smiled slowly and looked at her. " Look I think we should try to see how things go as they come along. I know this sounds weird and I can't really explain it right now but we just need to stay away from each other for today, tomorrow I promise that things will be like they use too but just trust me on this okay?". Milo took her hands into his briefly hoping that she would understand be he would understand if she didn't. Tonight was the full moon and he had to get himself prepared and the last thing he needed was for Madelyn to be on his mind during the change. He stood from the table and then bent down kissing her forehead. " Look I have to go just please try to trust me on this, there's just something that I have to do".

As he walked out of the shop Milo spotted the woman from before and he crossed the street. " Why are you watching me. who are you?". The woman merely grinned and flipped her hair. " Your quite interesting Milo I'll give you that. She spoke letting the name roll off her tongue. " I go by Tamsin but people just call me Tammy. I know what you and your friends are. And I know that tonight's the full moon, so tell me this, you guys gonna leave another kill close to the town, tsk such a rookie mistake". Milo's jaw dropped. She was the one he felt watching him and he knew that she knew something. " So let me guess your one of us too?". Tamsin nodded and then walked around him eyeing him and Milo watched her. " So how come you never came to us, you have people of your own.". Tamsin laughed and then began walking off. " Maybe and maybe not. What I will say is have a wonderful full moon, and oh we will meet again hun". She winked at him as she walked off.

He watched her stunned and then shook his head heading over to his brother's house. Bobby of course was there helping Matthias with his bike. " That woman she's one of us and she knows who we are, especially me for some reason. I think there's more of us here but I'm not sure. Bobby and Matthias both looked up shocked. " So why is she coming to you now?".
" Shoot hell if I know I guess she wanted to try and get a reaction out of me or something".
" You better watch out for all you know that might just be your mate". Bobby said laughing and Matthias joined him. Milo grimaced and then shook his head. " Shut the hell up for I ask if she has someone for you". His brother looked at him this time it was serious. " Whatever the reason she wants you, maybe she busting your balls but stay away from you she's unpredictable and probably dangerous".
" Dangerous and beautiful". Bobby chimed in laughing as he went back to the bike and Milo shot him a look. " Shut up".

Madelyn sat still and listened as he told her that they could just make it up as they went along, handling any issues as they presented themselves. She watched as he took her hands into his and gave them a squeeze. Then he mentioned having to stay apart from each other for the rest of the day and all of tomorrow. She frowned and looked at him in confusion, wondering why today and tomorrow were so important. "What? Umm, okay. But why, Milo? Is something wrong?" Madelyn was still very confused when he asked her to trust him and kissed her forehead, getting up to leave. "Sure, Milo. I trust you. Just know that if you need me, I'm just a text or call away."

She watched him run out the door and stared after him for a few seconds. That definitely wasn't what she had expected to happen but the college student wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. Milo had told her that he wanted to be with her! They would have some challenges along the way but she was willing to give it a try. She felt a really strong bond with the man and she wanted to give this a chance to make it work. Lounging back in her chair, she enjoyed her coffee and muffin before leaving and heading to her classes for the day.

By the end of the day, she was ready to go home and relax. She stopped at the market to grab some items before walking home with her bags. She hummed to herself as she moved down the sidewalk, wondering what the best way to relax for the night would be. A bubble bath and novel? A movie and wine? Some music and resting on her bed? She couldn't decide but she knew any of the options would be a great way to spend her evening. She would prefer if Milo could join her but she would just wait until he contacted her.

For the rest of the day Milo hung out at his brother's house with Bobby preparing for the full moon to come tonight. He could already feel his muscles tightening up and he was way more irritable than usual. His brother Matthias had a basement downstairs that was used to keep them chained up during the full moon but there was always a possibility that they would get out. There was a little tunnel way that lead them out deep into the woods just in case and that's what usually happened during the full moon. As the sun started to fall down Matthias and Bobby headed inside but Milo stayed and looked around the house curious to know if that Tamsin woman was watching him at that very moment. There was no doubt about it that the woman was beautiful and luring but she was a threat to him and his family.

He followed the other two into the house and made his way to the basement where Matthias was chaining up Bobby. Milo sighed removing his clothes but his boxers and waited until Matthias was finished with Bobby before starting on chaining him. Of course he got the blunt of the chaining and Milo gritted his teeth as his brother made sure that the chains were secure enough for him and then Bobby. Finally Matthias chained himself up and the three of them looked at each other before Bobby spoke. " Ya know if you guys want I can sing this amazing song, It's called Locked Up, I know you guys heard of it". Milo laughed and shook his head. " You know your something else Bobby ya know that?". Bobby chuckled " Hey so I've been told". As night came the changing process began more rapidly then before. Milo gritted his teeth in pain as his skin burned, his muscles contracted and after twenty agonizing minutes he changed.

The chains managed to hold all three of them for some time but eventually those chains broke and they headed out through the tunnel. Milo felt content and free as he moved about in the woods, his animal nature taking over as he ran through the woods taking out his prey. This time the kill was far from the towns ground and he made sure of it. After the feed Milo looked growling as he sensed the presence of more nearby. Matthias and Bobby sensed it as well because they moved in next to Milo. Within seconds five wolfs appeared circling the three of them but none of them attacked they just moved around until one moved in next to Milo and rubbed their body against his and instantly he knew it was the woman Tamsin. He growled lowly and took a few steps back before the wolves disappeared as quickly as they came.
~~~

Milo woke up with his head groggy and he sat checking his surrounding and he was in his brother's backyard slumped on a tree. He stood brushing the leaves out his hair and then made his way into the house making some coffee before Bobby and his brother appeared. " I guess there are more of them here than we thought but they didn't seem like a treat. That woman I guess she runs their pact, whatever it is let's keep out eyes open". Milo nodded his head listening to his brother but the only thing on his mind was Madelyn and how much he wanted to see her. After taking a shower he borrowed his brothers gray hoodie and then put on some jeans and his shoes that he left and made his way over to the cafe where he hoped she would be.

Madelyn yawned as she walked down the street, heading for the coffee shop to get her regular breakfast before running some errands. She was so thankful that it was the weekend because her classes had been so crazy. She was ready to get some stuff done around her apartment and just relax like she had last night. Dressed in a lack dress with a thin blue belt around her waist and blue flats, she walked into the cafe and ordered a coffee and cherry tart. She glanced around to look for Milo but then remembered what he had said the day before. They wouldn't be able to see each other yesterday or today. She had thought about that some last night, wondering what he could be doing that would keep them from seeing each other.

However, Madelyn didn't want to push the subject when they were still new to this relationship and figuring out the boundaries of what they were comfortable with. She paid for her breakfast and moved to sit in her normal chair. She snacked on her pastry and sipped her coffee, watching as people would come in for a drink and then head out to work. A few people stayed to sit and chat but many people were just grabbing their food to go. The Sheriff and his partner Bradley walked in for their morning coffee and Madelyn returned her focus to her breakfast, not wanting to encourage Bradley to come over and talk.

Sadly, that didn't work. She heard footsteps coming her way and then Bradley's southern drawl was heard. "Hey Madelyn. Good morning. How is this lovely Saturday weather treatin' you?"

With a small glance up to him, she smiled politely and nodded. "I'm doing well, Bradley. Thank you for asking."

"Did you hear that we caught the animal that was killing near town? Took him down with a nice, big bear trap. So the town is safe again," He said with a proud smile on his face. The Sheriff stood nearby and shook his head, Bradley obviously forgetting Madelyn's reaction the last time he brought up hunting the animal.

"I had heard and I'm still disgusted. You may have protected the town but you didn't even consider options that were safer for the animal. You just jumped straight to 'Lets kill it' instead of catching it and releasing it on a wildlife preserve or somewhere deep in the forest." She held her coffee tightly and looked away, not wanting to talk to him anymore.

Sadly, the man didn't seem to pick up on her hints. He sat down and tried to explain himself to her, wanting to get back into her good graces.

Milo walked along the sidewalk past people heading to work or kids to school. His head was still ringing but just barley and his senses were still heightened. That woman the other night popped into his head and he grimaced. What did she want with him? Why was he so damn special to her? They had only met the other day and she thought that she had her little wolf fangs around him. He was almost at the cafe when he felt like someone was watching him and instantly he turned around and saw no one there. He knew that this time it wasn't Tamsin but it was one of the guys that was with her last night.

Once he reached the cafe Milo looked in and then gritted his teeth as he watched Bradley. Milo didn't understand what it was about this man that got to him but he did. He walked into the cafe and greeted Rachel who was in the front before walking over to where Madelyn was sitting. Just as he was in ear range he heard Bradley ranting on and on about why it was okay for him to kill the bear. Milo tried to fight back a laugh knowing how turned of Madelyn was right now since he could sense it. Milo leaned down surprising Madelyn by leaning down and kissing her lips. " Hey babe, Sorry I didn't call last night".

His eyes traveled over to Bradley who's face was flushed now and he watched the man shift uncomfortably in his seat before excusing himself and heading back over to Rodgers. Milo smiled satisfied and then sat down where Bradley had gotten up from. He looked over at Madelyn and then smiled glad to see her face, it made things a lot better for him. Now with the full moon gone he had plenty of time to be with her, the only thing that Milo knew was going to stand in the way was that mysterious woman Tamsin.

Madelyn sipped her coffee and listened as Bradley tried to explain his reasoning for hunting the bear. She was about to tell him to leave when she saw movement out of the corner of her eye. She looked up just in time to see Milo walk over and lean in to kiss her. She was definitely surprised but she happily returned the kiss. "Hi sweetie. It's okay. I was deep into a book all night so I would have been distracted."

She grinned as Bradley left and turned to look at Milo when he sat down. She set her coffee down and curled up in her chair. "I thought you said we would have to stay apart today. I mean, I'm happy to have you here but I thought you had something to do." She tucked her hair behind her ear and smiled, reaching out to just touch his arm. She was delighted to see him. She hadn't been expecting it but now that he was here, she felt like it was a fun surprise present for her.