A White Bunny meets a Dark Wolf (ScarletNovaxShinku⭐Kun)

1a3e7ef7c5f574f19e578ffd78e93cf7.jpg

It was more than obvious that Ryunosuke was embarrassed because he didn't want anybody to realize that the all-powerful "Dark Wolf" has his own flaws and weakness like anybody else. He couldn't let that happen, thinking that will make him look weak and so, will end up in everyone making a stand against him, refusing to follow his rules. All the power he has against this school, all gone in the blink of an eye. That would be like a nightmare coming to life for Ryunosuke.

Swallowing hard and shaking off such negative and awful thoughts, Ryunosuke turned his head to look over at Mei when she began to turn around her desk and pull it closer to his so they can begin to work on the Math assignment. "Well, here comes nothing," he thought as he leaned closer to his paper and picked his pencil, looking down at Mei's paper, realizing her was just as blank as his. "Wait, how could she offer me help if she hasn't done anything as well? She even said she did "grade-wise at her old school!" he thought while looking at Mei with a dumbfounded expression. He was about to comment on his concerns, but she began to explain the first equation of the assignment.

Surprisingly, Ryunosuke paid total attention to Mei's explanation, determined to do his best to understand the subject so he could do the rest all by himself. Some ohs escaped Ryunosuke's lips every time Mei showed him a trick to solve problems, nodding at her when he understood them and write them down at the back of his notebook to use them for later and learn them on his home. He was glad that Mei turned out to be more than great at teaching, as Ryunosuke fully understood everything she explained to him, even better than their teacher. So, when he felt confident enough, he continued to do his work alone but told Mei to stay with him just in case he needed to ask her again. However, the truth was that he unconsciously wanted her to be with him even when he understood everything.

When he finished his assignment, Ryunosuke smiled happily and leaned his back on his chair, stretching his arms widely before looking down at his paper, which was now all filled with the answers of the equations. It was at that moment that he felt his chest filling with pride because this was the first Math work he did all by himself without the need to bully somebody to give him their answers. And this was all thanks to Mei. When Ryunosuke turned his head to look back at Mei, she was already beginning to turn around her desk and before leaving, she turned around and told him that if he needed help in something else, he could always ask her because she will help. She even offered him to do their homework in their apartments so nobody could discover that Ryunosuke was in some source of "tutoring".

A wave of guilt hit Ryunosuke after realizing how sweet and kind Mei was treating him even when he treated her so mean and rude yesterday. He wanted to do something in return for her and apologize properly for his behavior yesterday. When she smiled at him before turning around to go back to his seat, Ryunosuke's heart skipped a beat and once again, he felt butterflies on his stomach, just like when they tripped on top of each other last night. Without thinking, Ryunosuke quickly grabbed Mei's right hand, feeling her warmth, which was now familiar.

"T... Thank you, Mei," Ryunosuke managed to say with the most sincere tone he could ever do, blushing and if Mei would turn around, he would be staring deep into her eyes.

• Love
Reactions: ScarletNova
cecc3e625a2f50c96ebae9da470b953c-png.160830

Mei had finished her work as well, thought she really didn't care about that. All she could think about was the young man sitting right behind her. And then she felt that warmth that was starting to feel more familiar, knowing very well by now that it was coming from Ryu's hand that had just took hold of her.

She heard him thank her, which she had to admit that she was somewhat surprised from. She turned back to look at him and their eyes met again. A light shade of pink came over her cheeks and she felt her heart beginning to speed up as she stared at him. What was coming over her? What was going on? What was this feeling? And why was it him that was causing it?

"Y-you're welcome," she got up after a few minutes of silence. She gave him another small smile, even though it almost felt weird to give him one at this point. She wanted to brush off these feelings she was having. She wanted to ignore them. But she couldn't get them to go away.

"Just let me know if you ever want any help, all right? Under the table," she said. Though, she had no idea why she was helping him so much, and why she was allowing it to stay a secret. She could simply just tell everyone and that might cause his reign to end. But she couldn't do that. She just couldn't.

Her cheeks started to darken a bit more, and finally realizing that she was staring at him too long, she quickly turned away and cleared her throat. Can this class just end now? Actually, could school just be over already? Although, maybe that wouldn't help considering the reason she wanted it to end lived in the apartment right in front of her new one. There was really know way she could get away from him, was there?

But was that really a bad thing?

As Ryunosuke lowered his head to look over at his assignment while trying to calm doing his racing heart, Shiro, which was sitting on the right side of Mei, slowly turned her head to look at her and gently poked her arm. "Ne, ne... Did you just helped Aisaka-san with his work?" she asked her with a surprised tone. "It was nice and everything, but you shouldn't be helping the enemy, remember? You declared war on his reign or terror after all." Shiro also noticed Mei's strange behavior when she looked straight at Ryunosuke's eyes and how her cheeks turned pink. However, she didn't want to comment about it, afraid she would make Mei uncomfortable.

Shiro was about to keep questioning Mei about what just happened between Ryunosuke and her, but luckily for Mei, the teacher finally arrived. As he saw him, Ryunosuke slowly stood up from his desk and walked towards him, holding his assignment. "Sensei, I finished my work," he said and the teacher quickly turned his head to look at him, smiling nervously with some sweat on his forehead. "A-Ah, really," he said, obviously surprised and suspicious of what Ryunosuke could've done to get the answers. Realizing it, Ryunosuke sighed with annoyance and frowned, raising his right eyebrow. "For your information, I did all of this by myself, you know? I forced anybody to give me the answers."

Suddenly, the image of Mei came to his mind, which made his cheeks blush faintly. Clearing his throat, Ryunosuke handed over his assignment paper to his teacher. "W-Well... I had a little help from Mei, though. You know I'm not at your stupid class, to deal with it." Nodding, the teacher took a look at Ryunosuke's work and widened his eyes with awe, fixing his glasses. "My, my... This work is really well done, Aisaka-san." Ryunosuke nodded. "She's that good, I know. I should thank her somehow." As he said that, the Dark Wolf slowly turned his head to look over at Mei, thinking what he could do to show her his gratitude because he wasn't the type of guy that likes to owe people.

Minutes later, the bell for the next period rang and the teacher ordered everyone to switch classes. "And remember to study tonight because you may or may not have a surprise quiz tomorrow, alright?" Mostly everyone sighed and groaned by those bad news from the teacher and Ryosuke wanted so badly to treat him so he won't give that quiz. However, he remembered how sad and disappointed Mei looked at him when he bullied the nerdy guy like his old and usual self. It was an expression he didn't want to see ever again and he didn't know why it troubled him so much. He actually didn't understand why she made him feels so many strange feelings, actually. Ryunosuke just wanted to school to be over and return to his home, but he won't avoid Mei because she lives right in front of his apartment.

But is that really a bad thing, though?

As Ryunosuke picked his messenger bag, he turned to his right to look over at Mei. He hesitated in saying something, but in the end, he sighed and walked towards her. "Hey, Mei," he said, stopping behind her. "Um... What about if I invite you to lunch today, mmh? In an exchange for helping me out?" Shiro blinked her eyes in confusion when she heard Ryunosuke. She obviously thought that Mei will definitely reject him, so she slowly looked at her.

At the exit of the classroom, Kyouko, Ryunosuke's ex-girlfriend, appeared, looking around for him. Suddenly, she spotted him talking with Mei, which made her frown a little bit, curious and jealous of what they were talking about. Shiro took a quick look at the exit and when she spotted Kyouko, she widened her eyes. "A-Ah... W-We should be going now, Mei-chan!" she said and quickly took Mei's hand before rushing out of the classroom, dragging Mei with her, not caring if she was speaking to Ryunosuke. The black-haired male frowned with confusion and looked at them. "H-Hey, that's just plain rude, you know?" he said and when he turned around to look at them, he spotted Kyouko as well. He sighed deeply and lifted his head with his eyes closed. "Ugh, it's you again," he said with annoyance.

Scoffing, Kyouko stepped inside the classroom and crossed his eyes. "Who was that girl you were speaking to, Ryu-kun?" she asked with a serious tone, obviously jealous. Ryunosuke let go a chuckle and lowered his head to look at her. "You shouldn't be jealous, Kyouko. You're not my girlfriend anymore, remember?" Kyouko frowned madly and stomped her right foot on the floor. "Stop saying that! I didn't accept it!" she yelled at him angrily, which caused the remaining students that were about to exit to turned their heads to look at them.

• Love

Mei's blush returned when she heard Shiro asking about who she helped Ryu with his work. She looked over towards her friend. She might have freaked out about the question if she didn't know how to keep herself calm and cool. She took a deep breath to relax a bit. "Don't you see, he stopped bullying our classmate all because I said I would help him and he gave in. I think that's accomplishing the same goal, wouldn't you think? If I can change the person who is causing the problems to begin with, then the reign of terror ends, doesn't it," Mei replied. Though, that hadn't been the real reason she had helped the enemy. Shiro was right. Mei had no idea why she was being so helpful to Ryu, to even hide it all and offer help after school?

It was all completely crazy. But maybe Mei was just crazy then.

She watched as Ryunosuke went up to turn in his work, which was something she did shortly after him as well. When it was time to switch classes, Mei packed up her things into her bag, listening to the suggestion from the teacher that there might be a quiz tomorrow. Really? He had to do something like that right now? Of course.

She released a sigh and stood up from her seat. But just then Ryunosuke called her name. She instantly turned towards him, faster than she felt like she should have. Her eyes widened when she heard him inviting her to eat lunch with him in exchange for helping him out. He was actually asking her something like that?

In seconds, thousands of thoughts ran through her mind. Like, why would he think of something like that as an exchange? She thought he didn't want to eat lunch with her, wasn't that what he had said the other day when they were forced to have it together. Did he really want to eat with her? What should she say? Did she want to accept him?

She felt like those seconds lasted forever as she contemplated her answer. Maybe...just maybe she might--

But suddenly Mei felt her arm being pulled away by Shiro as she was dragged out of the classroom. "Wait, Suzuki-chan!" she muttered but it was already too late. All Mei could do was turn back and glance towards Ryunosuke as she was forced out of the room.

"Suzuki-chan, you didn't even give me a chance to respond. Leaving an invitation unanswered like that isn't really polite to do," Mei finally said when they were in the hallway and she had turned back to her new friend. "It's not like I was going to take it anyway. I don't want to eat lunch with him. He's just probably trying to use it as a way to claim that I lost because he can win me over or something like that."

But before Shiro had dragged her away, Mei was honestly thinking about saying yes. Why did she actually think that? What had possessed her to think that way? It was Ryunosuke after all. It probably wouldn't have been a good idea to eat lunch with him. But still, why did she kind of want to in the first place?

Shiro sighed of relief once they were outside of the classroom. When Mei began to tell her that not replying to Ryunosuke's invitation wasn't polite, she turned her head to look at her with a concerned expression. "You don't need to be polite with the Dark Wolf, Mei-chan," she said and shook her head. "Especially not when the white-haired witch is around. She... She's really ruthless and very jealous of her beloved Wolf. That's why I dragged you away from him. I did it for your own good."

Sighing, Shiro gently put her hands on Mei's shoulder and looked at her straight in her eyes. "You can't, for any circumstances, accept Ryunosuke's lunch invitation, Mei-chan. It's not a good idea and it will ruin your reputation. People will think that you turned into one of his evil lackeys and people won't want to support that kind of person if you still willing to overthrow Ryunosuke's reign of terror."

With nothing else to say, Shiro, let go of her shoulders and fixed her glasses and messenger bag. "Now, let's head to our next class, shall we?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well, I give a damn if you accept that I broke with you or not," said Ryunosuke with a smirk, making Kyouko growl with a really pissed expression. Scoffing, Ryunosuke rolled his eyes and began to walk away from her and out of the classroom. "Where the fuck you think you're going, Ryunosuke!?" she asked him while following him from behind. "This conversation isn't over yet!" Ryunosuke shrugged while placing his hands in his pockets. "It's pretty much done for me, though," he replied, once again only feeding Kyouko's rage.

As he exited the classroom, Ryunosuke quickly turned to his right and kept walking, not noticing that Mei and Shiro were behind him now. When Kyouko went outside the classroom, she turned to her right and growled angrily, stomping her right foot on the floor again. "You... You bastard!" she said out loud, gritting her teeth. "This isn't over... If he thinks I really going to give up that easily, HE'S DAMN WRONG." As he slowly put her hands on the sides of her head, she began to whisper things to herself, that somehow managed to calm her down a little bit.

Once her rage settled a little bit, Kyouko clicked her tongue and turned around to leave, but she stopped on her tracks when she spotted Mei, the girl which Ryunosuke was talking to. Frowning and scoffing, she crossed her arms and walked closer to her. "Oh, so you're that bitch Ryunosuke was talking to?" she asked, stopping in front of Mei. "You better don't have any ideas with him because he's my man. Did you hear me?"

• Love

What was Shiro talking about? White-haired witch? Who was that? Her beloved Wolf? Was this "witch" Ryunosuke's girlfriend or something like that. Did he have a girlfriend? Who else would get jealous? He had to have a girlfriend then. This odd sensation starting to envelop Mei. She couldn't describe what it was, but she didn't like it.

Who cares if he has a girlfriend! It didn't matter to her. It wasn't like she liked him or anything like that.

She shook those thoughts out of her mind and focused on Shiro's words. She took a deep breath and then cleared her throat to calm herself down. "Don't worry. I already said I wasn't going to accept it. I don't want to eat with him anyway. Why would I want to eat with him? It's like he was making it an award or something to eat with him. I don't want that."

Still, it was odd that she had thought about it in the first place. Shiro was right too, she couldn't eat with him. That would look like she lost. She nodded to Shiro when she mentioned about heading for their next class, very unaware of what was happening between Ryunosuke and that girl who had arrived.

Until Kyouko came over to her and started to speak very rudely to her. Mei was slightly confused until she realized what was going on. This must be that "witch" Shiro was talking about. The girl that Ryunosuke was dating, and it appeared she was jealous all because Mei spoke to him.

"Hey! Who the hell do you think you are talking to me like that!"
Mei replied. "First of all, there is no way I would even think about 'having any ideas' with a man like him. You can have him. I don't give a crap who he's dating. But if you're that freaked out about your boyfriend talking to another girl for five seconds, then maybe he doesn't like you as much as you think he does. And you know what, if I want to talk to him, I'm going to talk to him whether you like it or not."

Mei didn't even know who this girl was, but she wasn't too happy about being called a bitch by her and being told what to do like she ruled over Mei. It was like she was dealing with Ryunosuke all over again, just in an even more annoying girl form. And Mei wasn't going to waste anymore time with it.

"Come on, Suzuki-chan. Let's head to class. I don't want to be late," Mei commented. It was then her turn to take hold of Shiro's hand. She turned away from Kyouko and started to walk away. Since Ryunsuoke was walking ahead of them during the confrontation, she happened to pass by him as she and Shiro went off to their next class. As she passed him by, a keychain of a small bear with a heart on it's stomach fell off of her school bag and onto the floor where it made a slight sound as it hit, though Mei didn't notice it as she quickly left.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Stray Shinku

When Mei replied back to Kyouko in a counterattack manner, the white-haired girl blinked her eyes with surprised as she thought Mei wouldn't dare to defend herself. She wasn't like the other girls she confronted before, which broke down in tears while running away from her, not being able to stand up against her bullying. She didn't like this type of girl at all and to worsen her annoyance, Mei told her that Ryunosuke probably didn't like her as much like she thought, which was the raw truth. She also added that she will speak to him whenever she feels like to.

Frowning and clenching her hands into fists, Kyouko stepped a little bit away from Mei and glared at her, anger burning inside of her. "You really have guts to be talking to me like that, new girl," she said and scoffed, pulling aside some strings of her hair behind her right ear. "Mark my words: if I ever see you talking with Ryunosuke, I will hurt you. And I mean it for real."

Shiro was trembling with fear as she saw Mei and Kyouko's confrontation, not knowing what to do. However, when Kyouko threatened to hurt Mei, she swallowed hard, took a deep breath and was ready to jump in front of Mei to protect her from Kyouko. Luckily for her, Mei told her to just go to their next class because she didn't want to be late, grabbing her hand and walking away, passing by Kyouko. Clicking her tongue, Kyouko crossed her arms and watch them go before growling and storming away, going to opposite direction.

When they passed by Ryunosuke, which was checking some texts on his phone, he felt Mei's presence. He turned his head to look at her. "Ah, Mei, you haven't replied my-" Ryunosuke couldn't finish his sentence because Mei kept walking, practically ignoring him in a really cold manner. Blinking in confusion, he followed her with his sight, unaware of her confrontation with Kyouko. When he was about to follow her from behind to stop her, she saw something falling from Mei's school bag. As he crouched down to take a look at the item, he discovered it was a peculiar bear keychain.

When he stood up straight, he held the keychain on his right hand and took a closer look at it before looking back at Mei and Shiro. He should run toward her and tell her that she dropped the keychain, but he didn't. He has an idea for that in an attempt to make her accept his lunch invitation.

As the ell announcing Lunch Time ranged through the whole school, the hallways quickly flooded with students once again, heading from one place to another, chatting and doing their usual activities on their lunch break. Ryunosuke was leaning against the locker on the right side of Mei's, his hands on his pockets and patiently waiting for Mei to come. "I'll make sure you don't avoid me this time, little Bunny," she thought while grinning mischievously.

• Love

Mei briefly heard the comment Kyouko made in reply, but Mei didn't really care. Whatever that girl did, Mei could handle it. She was just a high school girl after all. What could she really do? It didn't matter, Mei was just annoyed and she didn't feel like dealing with it. She just wanted to go their next class. So, she didn't even hear Ryunosuke at all.

And why would he date someone like her anyway. She sounded annoying, really annoying. She was rude and obnoxious. Well, it wasn't like Ryunosuke was such a great guy either. In fact, they probably fit perfectly together. After all, he had lackeys. He bullied his fellow classmates. He ruled the school and people were terrified of him. People were terrified of her. That made them sound perfect together.

Why did this annoy her so much? She shouldn't care about this so much.

Though, sometimes there were some good things about Ryunosuke.

But Mei was more glad that she had finally calmed down by the time lunch came around. She had cooled her head and the things that had happened earlier weren't affecting her anymore. Though, she really didn't want to deal with anymore of it again. "I'll be back Suzuki-chan. I forgot something in my locker," Mei commented.

She left her friend behind and headed for her locker, though she wasn't too happy to see Ryunosuke because it reminded her of that annoying girlfriend he had. Just like when she had first met him during school the other day, a disgusted look came over her face when she saw him.

What did he want?

"Is there something you want?" Mei asked him. She crossed her arms and looked directly at him. But there was something bothering her much more than seeing him or just dealing with Kyouko. It was the fact that she couldn't get him out of her mind. It was the fact that she was really annoyed he had a girlfriend in the first place.

"Shouldn't you be with your girlfriend or something," she then commented. "She'll probably get annoyed if she sees you talking to me again. You're going to break her heart or something."

Last edited:
  • Love

As Mei finally came to her locker, Ryunosuke turned her head to look at her and quickly turned his body to face her completely, smirking. "You finally came," he said, doing his best not to laugh to avoid suspicions, though his smirk probably did that already. When he was about to ask her if she was missing something, he widened his eyes in confusion when Mei said something about him being with his girlfriend. He blinked twice before frowning, clueless of what Mei was talking about.

"Um... Of what are you talking about?" he asked her with a scoff, lightly scratching the back of his head. "I don't have any girlfriend, Mei. I'm single like a Pringle since a year ago." Ryunosuke didn't have to explain anything to Mei because she probably didn't care about and she wasn't someone that special to him. However, the fact that he noticed that she was quite annoyed when she kept talking about his "girlfriend" made him want to clear things for her.

When Mei also mentioned that he could break his "girlfriend" heart if she sees him speaking to her. Ryunosuke stared at her for a couple of seconds before letting go a quick chuckle. "Ah, I know what happened to you now," he said, sighing deeply while lifting his head and making a facepalm. Then, he lowered his head and put his hands on his hips, looking at Mei with a small smile. "If you're talking about Kyouko and her psychotic attitude, please, ignore her. I WAS her boyfriend, but I broke up with her a year ago. Sadly and apparently, she doesn't seem to get that fact, so she keeps telling everyone that we still being a thing." Ryuosuke scoffed and shook his head. "It's really sad, I know, but no matter how many times I explain to her that I'm not her boyfriend anymore, she just keeps denying it."

Shrugging, Ryunosuke put his hands on his right pocket and took out Mei's bear keychain. "Anyway, you dropped this morning on your way to the second period," he said, looking at Mei while holding out his right hand, holding the keychain with his fingers. Before Mei could do something to take her keychain, Ryunosuke quickly pulled back his hand while gripping the small chain. "Ah, not so fast, little Bunny," said Ryunosuke with a smirk, glaring at Mei. "If you want this back, you only need to do one thing: accept my Lunch Invitation."

• Love

Mei looked over at Ryunosuke with annoyance when he claimed he had no idea what she was talking about. Yeah right?! What was the point in lying to her about it? She mentally grumbled as he said it was single and had been since last year. Since? Wait? What? She narrowed her eyes at him as she watched his movements, trying to judge what was going on in his head.

And then he finally explained and it was like a wave of relief rushed through her body when she found out the truth. So, she was his girlfriend in the past, but he broke up with her. So, he was single now. And she just couldn't get over it and continued to pester him about it and apparently everyone else about it too. He didn't have a girlfriend. And that Kyouko was just being a complete pain because she had no right to him anymore.

But wait?! Why did she have a sudden rush of relief with she heard he wasn't dating her or anyone?

Thankfully, that thought left her when she saw the keychain he had in his hands.

"Huh? What?"
she commented when she realized it was hers. She reached out for it, but he had pulled it away from her.

"Accept your lunch invitation? So, you're going to blackmail me with my keychain to eat with me?!" Mei responded. Typical Ryunosuke. She shouldn't really be surprised he would do something like that. But there was another thing. Why did he want to eat with her so badly that he would make her?

She looked away for a moment. Shiro's words popped back into her head. She couldn't eat with him or else it would look like she was losing. But that keychain...

Her eyes widened slightly as she suddenly thought of something and she turned back to face him. "All right. I'll eat with you in order to get my keychain back, but I get to choose where in this school. At least give me that. We're going to eat on the roof, okay?" At least she could try to prevent anyone from seeing them eating together.

• Love

"Wow, she looks cute even when she's annoyed."

That wild thought caught Ryunosukesuke off guard when he realized it and quickly lowered his head for a while, blushing faintly and not knowing why in the world he would think something like that about Mei. It was a fact that Mei was actually cute and attractive, but it shouldn't be like that in the eyes of the person that considers her his "main nemesis". With a sigh, Ryunosuke lightly scratched his cheek with his right index, now questioning himself about his behavior around Mei since last night. What the hell is going on with him? What was this thing that Mei has that makes him feel so weird? Ryunosuke had a lot of questions that, sadly, couldn't be answered yet.

Shaking off his thought and clearing his throat to gain his composure, Ryunosuke looked back at Mei. "I'm only inviting you this time because you helped me in Math," he replied to her, putting his hands inside his pockets. "I don't like to owe people, so look at this as a way for me to show you my gratitude."

Soon after, Mei accepted to join him in his lunch, but only if she was the one that picked the place where they will eat. A scoffed escaped Ryunosuke's mouth as he heard that, slowly looking at her with a slight frown, not liking the idea of letting Mei kind of control the places where he will eat. However, there weren't any other choices, so Ryunosuke sighed and just went with it. "Alright, the roof sounds like a good place to eat," he replied with a nod. "You can go there first. I'll meet you there after buying something for us in the cafeteria." And with that, Ryunosuke turned around and walked away heading towards the Cafeteria and not giving Mei her keychain yet. He obviously wanted to make sure she didn't trick him or anything.

However, on his way to buy some lunch for them, he wondered why she wanted this keychain that badly. She even agreed to accept his lunch invitation just to get it back from him. She guessed that the keychain may have a sentimental meaning for her or something like that, maybe because it was a give from somebody important for her. "Mmh... I wonder who that person could be," he thought as he took out the keychain from his pocket and took a look at it while walking. A slight feeling of guiltiness stroke him suddenly, kind of feeling bad for blackmailing Mei with this and it will make him feel worse if it turned out to be something extremely important for her.

When Ryunosuke passed by an intersection of hallways, Shiro was in the hallway on the right, holding some books with a hug. She suddenly stopped walking when he spotted Ryunosuke passing by and thinking about Mei, she guessed hat Mei probably was nearby. Gasping worryingly, Shiro quickly turned her head to look at both hallways and spotted Mei from the one that Ryunosuke came from. "O-Oh, Mei-chan!" she shouted at her, running towards her while holding her books. "Are you okay? I just saw Ryunosuke coming from here, so I was worried he did something to you." When she stopped in front of Mei, the pink-haired girl fixed slightly pushed in her glasses with her right hand. "I know that he said he won't do nothing bad to us, but I'm not so sure we can trust him. I mean, we are talking about the ruthless Dark Wolf."

Shiro also noticed that Mei looked kind of trouble for something, so she tilted her head to her right, curious.
"Ne, ne, are you okay, Mei-chan? You look like something is troubling you."

• Love

Mei wasn't sure how she felt about having to eat with him, especially if it was his way of 'returning her favor' for helping him in math. Like she really needed something like that. He didn't owe her for it. She looked at him and listened as he mentioned about getting some food and meeting her on the roof.

"All right," she commented and watched him walk off. She then released a sigh. This was really odd, but there was something more pressing to think about. She glanced down at her bag and looked at a certain spot. She couldn't believe her keychain had fallen off. If he hadn't picked it up, it could have been lost forever. Really, he saved her from that. She should thank him for picking it up.

She would have to make sure it didn't fall off again. She could hate to have that happen again. She couldn't stand if she lost it. But why did it have to be him that found it in the first place. And now he was using it against her. He couldn't just give the keychain back. She let out another sigh.

But it was then that Shiro joined her, asking if something was troubling her. She almost jumped as she noticed her friend come up. "W-what? Oh, Suzuki-chan," Mei spoke. Her gaze went from her bag to her friend. What should she say? Well, the truth really.

"My keychain fell off my bag earlier today and Ryunosuke happened to be the one who picked it up. Now he's using it against him to get him to eat lunch with him. He won't give it back until I do. So, I'm going to eat with him," Mei said. "But don't worry. We're going to eat on the roof, and he accepted that, so no one will know about it. It won't ruin our revolution at all."

Mei then smiled at Shiro, calming down a bit. "So, it will be fine. I just want to get my keychain back. It's...well, really important to me. I'm going to head for the roof. Maybe we'll be able to eat lunch together tomorrow. Sorry, Suzuki-chan."

She said good bye to her friend for now until after lunch and left her locker. She found the steps to the roof nearby and headed up them. She opened up the door and went out onto the roof. At least it was also a nice day. She found a spot to sit and headed over to it, then sat down to wait for Ryunosuke. She wanted to get her keychain back. She really did. That was the only reason for this.

Right?

She looked over towards the door, waiting for Ryu to arrive.

• Love

"That's something only Ryunosuke Aisaka does best," Shiro mumbled with a stern expression as Mei explained to her the situation she got into with Ryunosuke. Sighing, Shiro slightly turned her head to her right, wishing there was another way Mei could get back her keychain from Ryunosuke, but deep inside she knew there weren't any other options. So, sadly, Mei couldn't do anything else but join Ryunosuke's unexpected lunch invitation. The roof was the perfect location to do stuff you usually don't want anybody to know, so as Mei said, her resistance against Ryunosuke's reign of terror reputation won't be affected at all.

"I really wanted to eat with you today because you were with Aisaka-san yesterday as well," Shiro replied with a disappointed tone, but let go a slight sigh as she turned her head to look back at Mei. "But I guess we can eat together tomorrow. This keychain sounds important to you, so I wish you good luck retrieving it." Not having anything else to say, Shiro bowed at Mei before turning around to walk away, letting her go to the roof where Ryunosuke will join her soon enough.

Shiro was really concerned about Mei and her interactions with Ryunosuke. Mostly because they were quite strange and Shiro noticed how weird both of them behave when being around each other. It was like something between them triggers every time they exchanged looks or cross paths. And that only happened between yesterday and today, so Shiro was afraid that it will get worse later on. "No, I can't let this resistance against the Dark Wolf fall before it can even take flight," she thought while walking, hugging her books tightly. "I can't let him influence Mei. She's the soul of this movement and the spark that will help us finally make a stand against the Dark Wolf cruelty."

She wanted to believe and trust Mei when she said that nothing will ever make her change her mind in dethroning Ryuosuke and his gang of bullies, but if this situation between them kept going, the revolution against him will probably won't happen. Filled with determination, Shiro promised herself to push herself harder and help Mei focus on her war declaration against Ryunosuke, always reminding her no matter how harmless Ryunosuke acts now, he will always be the ruthless and scary Dark Wolf of Ryoo High.

After a couple of minutes, Ryunosuke was on his way towards the roof with a paper bag that had two chicken sandwiches and some beverages. When he reached the stairs that lead to the roof, Ryunosuke was surprised to encounter Shiro. "T-There you are, Dark Wolf," she said nervously, glaring at Ryunosuke with a mixture of fear and hate. Swallowing hard and trying her best to keep her composure, Shiro stepped close enough to Ryunosuke and looked up at him with a kind of defiant glare. Ryunosuke blinked in confusion as he looked down at her, clueless of what was going on with her. "Um, Shiro... What's going on with you all of the sudden?" he asked with a dumb chuckled, lightly scratching his right cheek with his index finger.

"I'm here because I know you are blackmailing Mei-chan with her keychain, you bully," she replied, clenching her fists tightly. "Y-You... You have no right to treat her like that! I mean... It's something you usually do, b-but I don't want you to do that to Mei...! She doesn't deserve to be treated like that and that keychain is important for her."

Ryunosuke was beyond shocked and dumbfounded after watching Shiro's unexpected aggressive behavior against him. She usually runs away from him every time she spotted him or went silent when he speaks to her. But this time, she looked like a whole different person. So, Ryunosuke thought this is what happens when you push too far a peaceful person. Sighing and blinking, Ryunosuke looked to his right, rubbing the back of his head nervously before looking back at Shiro. "Look, I'm only doing this because..." He was quickly interrupted by Shiro when she placed her hand over her mouth, hushing him. A dark blush covered her cheeks and face. "I-I-I doesn't want to hear it!" she said, stuttering nervously and just wishing to be buried a thousand feet underground.

Ryunosuke widened his eyes while looking at her, question marks floating around his head as he questioned what the hell what was going on with Shiro.
"Just... Just stop harassing Mei-chan and stop treating her like you know her," she said and not being able to stand it anymore, she retrieved her hand and quickly ran away from the scene, leaving a more than ever confused Ryunosuke.

Shaking his head and just forgetting about what just happened, for now, Ryunosuke went upstairs and out to the roof. As he opened the door, the bright light of the sun struck his face, making him flinch a little bit.
"Damn, you're too bright," he mumbled and slowly looked around for Mei. When he spotted her, he closed the door behind him before walking toward her. "I guess I'm kind of late," he said, taking a seat beside Mei while putting down the paper bag. "Blame your friend, Shiro. By the way, she acted extremely weird. Like, super, super weird. Any idea of why she was like that? She literally acted like a totally different person." Sighing and pouting, Ryunosuke turned his head to look at Mei. "And I can't believe you told her I was blackmailing you. That's just rude and a lie."

• Love

What was taking him so long? She really didn't like waiting like this. It was almost making her anxious, though she didn't really know why. She looked away from the door, thinking that perhaps that was what was making it feel longer. But she turned back towards it when she heard some movement. She spotted Ryunosuke coming out to the roof and over to her.

She listened to him as he mentioned that Shiro was being weird which held him up and he claimed he wasn't blackmailing her. Though the breeze was only lightly, there happened to be a stronger gust of wind and she moved some of the hair that blew into her face as she watched him sit beside her.

Shiro must be concerned about them eating together and was just trying to find some way to help. But Mei frowned as she thought about his last comment. "Rude and a lie? It's not a lie at all. You won't give me my keychain unless I ate with you, that's basically the same thing as blackmailing me." She had to get her keychain back.

"As for Suzuki-chan, she's probably just concerned because you're always such a pain,"
Mei stated. She was surprised she was being so blunt about it, especially with how easily angry this guy got, but something about him just made her be that way. Though, to be honest, she usually was blunt, but she was even more so with him.

"And maybe she's just not as scared of you anymore. Now, where's my keychain? I want it back."
She was a bit concerned he still wouldn't get it back, like he would try to use it for something else too, whatever that may be. She wasn't sure. He was unpredictable. He was hard to understand.

Mei glanced over towards the bag on the ground, figuring that was their lunch. She reached down to get her food just as he did as well, causing their hands to briefly touch each others. It sent a spark through her body as she felt the sudden warmth of his hand against hers. It was only for a couple of seconds, as she pulled away quickly, but the feeling remained on her skin. She turned away. A blush started to form on her cheeks.

Why was he sitting so close to her? He didn't have to sit beside her.

• Love

"Well, now that I heard you saying it like that, yes, I guess I'm blackmailing you," Ryunosuke replied bluntly, a scoff escaping his mouth as he rolled his eyes to his right. Even when he heard Mei explanation about why Shiro acted the way she did with him, the Dark Wolf was still kind of surprised that such a shy and scared girl had the balls to be kind of aggressive with him and even dared to threatened him. But when Mei added that she also may not be scared of him anymore, Ryunosuke raised his right eyebrow and slowly turned his head to look back at her. "Huh, I doubt that, my dear Bunny," he said, using the nickname he gave with a "dear".
It was really weird and could upset Mei easily. "I hope you aren't filling her head with silly things like "overthrown me" or something about a stupid "rebellion".

Clicking his tongue with annoyance and not really in the mood to ruin his day with that subject, Ryunosuke turned his head and looked down at the bag where his lunch was. As he reached for it with his right hand, Mei did the same. So, their hands lightly bumped and touched each other, sending like some source of sparks through his arm that made his heart skip a few beats. The warmth of her hand was already familiar for Ryunosuke, but he wasn't used to it yet. Blushing brightly, Ryunosuke quickly looked away while retrieving his hand, wondering what was going on with him all of the sudden. "God damn it, why I always have to feel this way every time I'm with her?" he thought, lightly scratching his right cheek with his index finger. He also realized that seating next to her way too close was a bad idea.

When Mei mentioned her keychain. Ryunosuke blinked once and nodded. "Ah, yes, your keychain," he said kind of dumbling, snapping out of his thoughts while reaching the right pocket of his pants. As he took it out, he turned his head to look Mei. "This thing looks really important to you, huh? Mind if I ask you the reason behind it?" He definitely wanted to know the backstory of that keychain out of curiosity, but also because he wanted to know if Mei has a boyfriend or something like that because of the heart the bear was hugging while hanging from a small chain.

Ryunosuke didn't give Mei her keychain yet as he was staring at her with a slight grin, waiting for her to answer his question.

• Love

My dear bunny? What the hell was that? Mei felt her eye twitch when she heard his comment. In fact, it was almost just plain creepy to hear that from him. "You wish they were silly," she commented back. He just wanted the rebellion to go away, but it wasn't going to.

But when their hands had touched that had completely left her mind. She could feel her heart beating faster. Why was he doing this to her? What was this about? Why did she had these feelings? She didn't like it. She didn't like it at all. This was the enemy. Like Shiro had said, she couldn't be fooled by him. They were at war. She should not feel like this.

Luckily, the odd tension she felt suddenly disappeared when he pulled out the keychain he was using against her. She was relieved to see that it was still okay despite being in the hands of someone else since the first time she had gotten it. She wanted it so badly. It needed to be back in her possession.

But he wanted to know why it was so important to her?

Mei was silent at first. Why? Why did he want to know? Was he going to continue to use it against her once he found out? Should she tell him? She looked away for a moment while she mulled over it then she turned back towards him, glancing first at the keychain then towards Ryunosuke.

"That's the last gift I have ever gotten from my father," she began. "The last birthday he remembered. I was just a little girl back then, before I had even started any school. It was just me and him. He couldn't afford much. We didn't do much. He had to work all day so I was stuck home by myself. He came home late and told me he had gotten me a birthday present. That keychain you have right now."

She paused then continued. "He smiled at me. He said happy birthday and told me that he loved me. I had spent the whole day by myself and all he did was give me some little keychain and say a few words. But I loved it. The next year, I spent my birthday alone again, but that time he didn't come back and it wasn't because he was working. He spent my birthday drinking at a bar all day and night. Every birthday since then, he has forgotten. He's gone all night and he usually comes back completely drunk."

• Love

When Mei finally answered his question, Ryunosuke's mischievous grin slowly faded and was replaced with a serious expression. The keychain he was using to blackmail Mei wasn't from a boyfriend or someone irrelevant for her. No, it was the first gift her father gave her on one of her birthdays. As he heard the backstory of the keychain, Ryunosuke swallowed hard and he felt like if a knot formed on his throat. He felt so guilty, ashamed, and kind of disgusted with himself for holding away from Mei something so important in her life. He felt like the most horrible person in the whole world and he wouldn't be surprised if something as bad as this happened to him. In fact, he will accept the punishment as he knew he well deserves it.

However, not only Ryunosuke find out the story behind the bear keychain, but also a little backstory of Mei's relationship with her father. According to her, it was a really harsh relationship and now he understood why her father wasn't in her home when she arrived yesterday. For the first time ever, Ryunosuke felt related to Mei as his relationship with his passed away father was just like hers, thus, of course, there were a few details that differ from her story. But, overall, Mei wasn't that different from Ryunosuke after all.

As Mei finished talking, Ryunosuke sighed slightly and looked down at the keychain in his right hand for a few seconds before looking back at Mei and gently holding it out for her. "I'm... I'm really sorry for using such an important thing against you," he said, finally confessing that he, in fact, was blackmailing her. "If I knew that this keychain was so important for you, I would've given it to you right away. I... I really don't know what to do or say to find your forgiveness."

Ryunosuke was talking and acting with complete honesty and was really sorry and ashamed for what he did to Mei. All of this just because he acted like a foolish, egoist and selfish guy that wanted to force Mei to have Lunch with him just because he wanted to.

Sighing and whenever Mei was about to pick her keychain or not, Ryunosuke looked down at her right hand and gently picked it. Then, he gently tossed the keychain on the palm of her hand. "You better tied it tightly this time so it won't fall again," he said, trying his best to ignore the familiar sensation of the warmth of her hand and his racing heart that wanted to pop out of his chest. His face was also lightly blushing red.

"Also, I won't force you to have Lunch with me anymore," he added after a while, letting go of her hand and quickly looked away, clearing his throat. "If you still don't want to eat with me, you are free to go. I won't stop you or get mad."

• Love

Mei's eyes went distant as she had spoke, remembering the history she had with her father, one that she was still dealing with. It was painful for her. The way her father acted and yet...well, she still kept that keychain for a reason. Because despite everything, he was her father.

It wasn't until she heard Ryunosuke's voice that she pulled herself back to reality. Her eyes immediately went to his for some reason, instead of the keychain as she heard him sincerely apologizing for taking something so important to her and using it against her to eat lunch. She lost her words.

She hadn't known why. Was it because of remembering the problems she had with her father? Was it because she just told her enemy a personal story about her past and present life? Or was it because 'the dark wolf' was actually sincerely apologizing to her? This was more than just their little feud in school. It had nothing to do with that. It was just Ryunosuke really feeling bad for what he had done because...

Deep down he probably was actually a good person. And maybe his life wasn't so great either.

Before she could say anything back she felt him grasp her hand and place her keychain in her palm. A rush of relief went through her when she had the gift back in her possession. But that wasn't the only thing that made her feel better. His touch felt warm against her skin again, just it had done every time they touched. The warmth ran through her body.

A pink blush started to form along her cheeks, but she finally pulled her eyes away from Ryunosuke's and looked down at her keychain. When he released her hand she wrapped her fingers around the keychain tightly and nodded. Just to be safe she placed it in her bag instead of hanging it again, so she could fix it better later when she got home.

She paused and sat there quietly for a moment. He was telling her she could leave. Then her hand went back to the bag he had gotten them for lunch and took out the chicken sandwich and soda for herself. "It's nice outside and I'm already here," she suddenly replied. It was her way of saying that she was sticking around to eat with him. She wasn't leaving.

She unwrapped the sandwich and took a bite from it. She did that in silence for a few seconds, until she paused and took drink, then looked back over to Ryunosuke again. "You didn't know," Mei replied. "So, it's okay. I'm not going to get angry about it when you didn't know. Besides, at least you picked it up. If you didn't, I might have lost it forever."

Suddenly a faint smile formed on Mei's face. "Puppies don't always know what they're doing when they make a mistake and even when they make them, we still love them anyway."

• Love

Even when he said that he wouldn't get mad if Mei decided to leave, deep inside Ryunosuke would probably feel kind of sad if she did so. The reason for it was unknown, but there was the possibility that, even when he didn't want to admit it, Ryunosuke actually wanted to be alone with her, using the excuse of "repaying her" for helping him in Math class.

So, when she picked her Lunch and indirectly said that she won't be leaving, a wave of relief and glee struck Ryunosuke, and a slight smile appeared on his face, which he surreptitiously covered by placing his right wrist over his mouth. "O-Okay then," he said with a cute stutter as he tried to recover his cool composure, looking down at lunch bag and taking out his sandwich and drink. "I agree that today's afternoon is perfect to eat outside."

As he unwrapped his sandwich, Ryunosuke took a big bite before snapping open his cherry pop soda. He kept quietly eating and when he took a big sip from his drink, heard Mei practically calling him "Puppy". It wasn't the first time she called him like that, but what surprised him was the fact that she said that even when they make a mistake, people still love them. Ryunosuke almost choked as he tried not to spit over everything he had inside his mouth. When he put the can on the floor, he swallowed hard and coughed a little bit, wiping his mouth with the back of his left hand. he tried to understood what Mei really meant by saying that "we still LOVE them."

"H-Hey, you really needed to call me like that now, Mei?" he asked her while slowly looking at her with his usual cute pout, his cheeks with a pink blush. "Not cool after I was being nice with you, little Bunny." As he called her with the nickname he gave her, he scoffed and smirked, feeling that he got her back. "I'm not surprised by that, though. Did you know that bunnies can be jokesters too? They have such a cute and innocent expression, but they can be mean too. Just like "somebody" around here." Chuckling mischievously, Ryunosuke took another bite from his sandwich.

After some long minutes, Ryunosuke finally finished his lunch and drank the remaining of his drink before putting his trash inside the paper bag. Surprisingly for him, he enjoyed eating lunch with Mei quite a lot even when they didn't speak that much. It probably was because of that same exact reason, though. A quiet and peaceful afternoon eating lunch with somebody that may actually enjoy those type of afternoon. Usually, Ryunosuke eats lunch with his friends in the Cafeteria. They even have their "special and reserved" table at the center of the place where most of them are all noisy and didn't eat their lunch at all and the food goes to waste. This was something Ryunosuke didn't like at all as he knew that food could've been with somebody that would eat it. Honestly, Ryunosuke didn't like to have lunch with them.

"Did you enjoyed your food, Mei?" he asked the black-haired girl on his right while turning his head to look at her, holding her out some paper tissue. "I bought you a chicken sandwich because that's what you ate yesterday."

• Love

Mei took a bite out of her chicken sandwich as she watched his reaction to her staying. She kind of wondered what was going on in his head, but it was hard to tell. But Ryunosuke always made it hard to tell what he was really thinking. It seemed like he didn't want anyone to know what he was really thinking. That was probably on purpose.

Though Mei had no idea why she had made a few comments the way she did. He didn't seem too happy about them, considering he puffed out his cheeks into a pout. Was it weird to say that it was totally cute? Was it weird to like it? She couldn't help but form a bigger smile as he began to complain about her calling him 'puppy' again. Though her smile faded slightly when he decided to throw it back at her by calling her bunny again.

"You should be nice anyway,"
Mei said. She listened to what he said about bunnies. "Hey. I wasn't the one who gave me that nickname. I am who I am." But there was something about that sentence he said that she focused on more. Cute. Why did she have to focus on that comment.

She turned away for a moment, forcing back a pink blush. Did he think she was cute then? It was an odd question that Mei wasn't sure why she even had. But the other thing that was weird. She kind of liked this. It wasn't so bad eating lunch with him. Just teasing each other a bit. She kind of liked it.

They became a bit quiet as they went on to eat their food. It wasn't like they needed to talk much. It was almost nice like this too. It was odd how someone like Ryunosuke could be pleasant to eat with. She finished her last bite just as he asked her about her sandwich.

She nodded. "Yeah," Mei replied. "It was pretty good, and...uh...thanks for getting it for me." She took hold of her soda again and put it against her lips, taking a sip as she also reached for the paper he held out for her. She took hold of it and took it from him. She moved the soda away from her face and placed it down onto the ground again then used the tissue to wipe her face clean just in case she had gotten anything on her.

"Hey..Ryu,"
Mei then said. "Just to let you know, if Suzuki-chan hadn't pulled me away back then...when you asked me about eating with you before you used my keychain against me, I actually had planned to say yes."

• Love