A way to understand a woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gender is potato. I don't understand other organic lifeforms.

You know how you understand (most) women? Just talk to them!

Some women like to be secretive and play games. Some men do the same thing. Avoid those people.
Most women can be understood the way that you understand your friends. Hang out with them, be friendly, and communicate.

My boyfriend and I are both squishy brains full of anxieties and various mental illnesses. You know how we understand each other? We just talk, cuddle, and communicate our feelings and desires. Despite our mutual brain issues, we have maintained a mostly healthy relationship for 3 years, and still care for each other very much.

I'm sick of hearing the lie that women are such mysteries. Other PEOPLE are mysteries because it's difficult to see through another's eyes, and it's often difficult to communicate, because anxieties and fears get in the way. Slowly work past these barriers and just be a good friend.

• Love
Reactions: ze_kraken
Yeah, I've enjoyed the company of women before I got married, and this isn't what happens.
Oh yeah... That's a different story entirely o.o (I have asian parents and oh boy do they fight when their thoughts don't "align" :S)

Oh yeah... That's a different story entirely o.o (I have asian parents and oh boy do they fight when their thoughts don't "align" :S)

i AM asian, and i didnt care.

Yes, you don't understand women. You understand people.

[No, I'm not implying that women aren't people; I'm implying that you don't really differentiate between women and men (and other sexual persuasions) when you're trying to understand people. You only do that (the differentiation thing, not the understanding thing) when you're looking for potential partners. ;)

Now gimme yer cookies!

Although really, at first I thought this was a love advice thread. Anyway, if this thread was sort of meant to be that, my advice would be this: if a woman breaks up with or rejects you, you do not ever respond by faulting her ovaries. Do that, and you'll get a kick in the balls (unless you're courting someone who isn't really educated in certain third world countries, in which case nothing will probably happen to you, but you'll still deserve that kick in the balls, which you'll probably get in the glorious afterlife).

Oh, and this: the key to sustaining a healthy relatonship....is treating the other person as how you treat a regular stranger: with as much courtesy and bashfulness as you can, while ever-trying to understand him or her]

Reactions: Sepdemonium
i AM asian, and i didnt care.
Didn't say I wasn't asian myself (I just spent a majority of my life outside my home country :P)

That must have been a fun adventure to travel and live abroad

Yes, you don't understand women. You understand people.
But people are strange.

Dealing with people is a skill, as is understanding them, but they're different skills and all too often confused with one another. Ultimately you have to put every behaviour in your own window of reference. So when a guy doesn't have much experience with women, he won't know where to place everything and as such won't understand their behaviour. I see a lot of "But I'm a woman and I'm easy to understand if you talk to me." And sure, it may seem that way to you but that doesn't make it universally true. You all were teenagers once. Remember that really really confusing time, the one with the insecurities and the booklets on how your body is changing? That's the one. You probably didn't know what to do at that point either. Experience is required to understand people different from yourself, be that different by gender, age or culture. It can be learned through observation and postponing judgement, but a behaviour that makes sense to you doesn't mean it fits into someone else's window of reference. The noise persists in the subtleties and while surface behaviours can be categorised, perfect understanding is actually really tricky.

• Love
Reactions: York
I mostly wanted to shout out at that one person who rated my post.

I see you, Adore Delano. I see you. ^5

Reactions: Slenderman
Hand me some milk tho, y'all giving me too many cookies and no goddamn milk.

I find it funny that you even think we would find that 'joke' funny. Women may be 'difficult' to understand from some men's perspectives, but we aren't impossible like you say we are. You know why you probably find it hard understand women? It's probably because you do not talk to them. If you actually take the time to talk to a girl, you may learn that we aren't that difficult. Anyways, if that is truly how you view women. Then I hope you find a girl that changes your view on us.

I have to feel bad for the poster of this thread because he just got attacked by an angry female mob.

Now as a female I'm kinda mad as well. So 100 tips to understand women is simply. Do not try. Wow.

I'm confused when did women become mythical creatures that men cannot understand?

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I think the only thing different between the two genders are their anatomy. Other than that, we're very much alike.

Personally, I think this whole idea of ''women being confusing'' stereotype comes from some old cartoons. Not naming any specifically, but they had 'em.

He's on to us ladies, our actual goals in life is to make sure that 40% of the human race CAN'T UNDERSTAND US! this is brilliant. It's like that time my grandmother hit my grandfather with a wooden spoon for smoking in the house and after getting whacked, he goes, "WHAT?!" Like he doesn't know what pissed her off LMAO she only hit you right as you lit up Granpa! XDDDDD

I'm crying from laughing so hard. Ah, I was a wee Fijo then.

I think it's because .. We are like the Unicors or the Pegasus.<3

Very rare, and on extinction sort of . As men try to say about us ^^

Like many have said, we are humans. Sometimes we understand each other and sometimes we don't. It's like a Human nature this sort of thing...

Do not try to Come up with any logical explanation, because not EVERYTHING has an damn explanation..

- chuckles evilish -

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
He's on to us ladies, our actual goals in life is to make sure that 40% of the human race CAN'T UNDERSTAND US! this is brilliant. It's like that time my grandmother hit my grandfather with a wooden spoon for smoking in the house and after getting whacked, he goes, "WHAT?!" Like he doesn't know what pissed her off LMAO she only hit you right as you lit up Granpa! XDDDDD

I'm crying from laughing so hard. Ah, I was a wee Fijo then.
Statistical correction: It's actually 50.2%.
Source: Wikipedia, which, in turn, took it from the CIA factbook.
:P Moar cookies!

I don't really like to get involved with things like this.. but since I've read through I might as well share my piece *coughs* this is just my view (which isn't very good, so don't listen to meeee!) and I'm sorry if anyone's offended (which I hope no one is)..

when I read the first post, I must say did irk me (even if it was a joke, it was kinda.. in poor taste :] ) that the whole sum- the key of understanding a women- is not to. I understand that all people have diffrent mindsets and some people you'll never understand now matter how much you try.. but that's an INDIVIDUAL factor, gender has nothing to do with it. yes, I'm sure the thought process for genders may have some diffrences, but c'mon! we aren't looking at some kind of alien here with strange and totally uncomprehendable thoughts! at the end of the day a women is still a human being like a man is still a human being and though our genders are diffrent that doesn't mean that their thoughts are on a totally diffrent wave lengh.

the key to understanding a man or women (for the sake of this thread, women), is accepting that they're people to.. that gender doesn't make them this strange and unrelatable entity. they have thoughts, feelings and can be hurt or insulted the same as anyone else.

the key to understanding a person of the opposite gender is not to say 'I won't even try to understand you because you're this' but rather to treat them as you would expect to be treated yourself.. (which is hopefully in a nice way and you don't expect to be insulted all the time :] )

or at least that's always how I've done things.. heck there are some things I don't understand about my own gender! but that doesn't make me ever want to give up and stop understanding, it just makes me more aware of how I can try to understand more.. :] at the end of the day, I judge the individual.. not the gender they are and it'd be sad to close your mind to a person just because they're not the same gender as you.. last time I checked we didn't really have a choice in what we are :]

extra note: for refrence, I'm a gold fish.. I'm special because I'm a gold fish who can type, boo yaaah! :]

Reactions: Razilin and Fijoli
Status
Not open for further replies.