A warm Welcome...

C

Cerberous

Original poster
Cerberous... Slowly treading along the rubble of the fallen building's and scapes.... Unbuttoning his long red trench coat and walking toward's the broken tavern bar where he take's a seat and wait...

A barren wasteland was the perfect scene for a battle to begin. What awaited a warrior in a place like this was unknown. The masked white robe warrior moved gently across the tattered remains of what was a street. Something happened here but the question was what happened? Complete annihilation of a race or nuclear warefare? Either way that's why he was here, it was to investigate. As he began moving deeper within the broken city he felt the presence of another but it wasn't exactly a normal presence. It felt malicious and dangerous and that. Letting his hand fall down his long sleeved robe he narrowed his vision to a figure sitting at a bar stool. Was he the cause of this destruction? Only way to find out. In an instant Arlon was now right above Cerberous standing upside down on the ceiling peering down at the top of his head taking in his full form. His movement were almost ninja like but much more quieter.

It was odd that he could even see through that mask. It had no holes for his eyes nor did it have any holes for him to breath or talk. The only obvious pattern was the crimson cross covering it. Arlon never spoke unless necessary and he knew all too well that this man knew of his presence or maybe this was just pure overestimation. Letting his hands hang loosely on his side just incase this man plotted to attack he began circling him idly taking in every image taking note to all his weapons and hidden weapons.

While he stand's on the ceiling, Cerberous caught his essence way before he entered the scene... Before he came into the bar... Waiting... He lit up his cigarette... Not trying to show that he senses him there... He slowly stands and placing his hand on the handle of his sword and smile's... Looking at arlon and watching him circle his surrounding like a snake... A cobra ready for a strike... He blew smoke out his nose and placed his hand on hip holstering his gun and said...

Cerberous: Ya' know... There was a man like you I once knew... Stealthy... Quiet... Strong... Stern... Shit, Almost godlike! Ha! Your alright mister... You surely are boy... But let me tell you this... IF it's some ritual cleaning your lookin for, Some vengance plot, Some "Holy" Scheme... The you got the wrong person... My business or bout is not with you... If it's a fight you want then just walk away... save yerself some stitches on the pretty face of your's... I'm walking out this door, If there's something you want to tell me or do? Do it now...

Cerberous placed his hand back on the handle of his demented blade and his other hand his side winder.... Walking slowly out the bar... Spur's spinning on the back of his boot's... Smiling... Blowing smoke out his nose... Chuckeling to himself...

In an instant Arlon was directly in front of Cerberous face blocking him off from going any further. His entire demeanor was cold and emotionless as he seemed to stare deep into his soul. There was something about this man that Arlon disliked and he didn't seem too trustworthy either. Even through that mask it was apparent that Arlon was glaring deep into his. Even at this range if his foe decided to attack Arlon would be two steps ahead regardless of what is to come. A powerful gust of wind blew in the direction of Cerberous and kicked up a powerful mini dust storm.

Your words fall upon deaf ears. This city was destroyed and you are the only person here.

Arlon stood his ground watching the suspicious man still observing his entire form. Taking in every possibility of an outcome. Arlon instantly read his muscle structure already prepared and knowing how and when the strike would occur. His perception skills were superior and it was almost like he could read minds.

Cerberous... Not phased by arlons speed... Nor his glare... He smiled... Took his hands off his weapons and laughed! He drew out his dementor blade and his hound of hell pistol... He took the blade and stabbed the ground... A black mist came from the crack as he walked in it and vanished along with the mist into the gust of wind...

Cerberous: Your somethin else boy... I'll tell you that.... your somethin amazing... my trick compared to yours is probably just smoke and mirriors... all you can hear is my voice but i'm not of this reailty at the moment... shit you probably know where im is though huh kid? Ha... your mask is somethin fancy too stranger... i'm gonna call ya the drifter... only callin you that because hey... didnt catch ya name... so why dont you come after me... new reydeous isnt a fun place to throw down if ya know what i mean... c'mon... you know you want too.....

The black mist formed out of no where in the shape of a demonic shadow hand... motioning for arlon to enter... arlon... not phased by this dark art... nothing new under the sun for him... cerberous waited... drawing his satans messenger pistol to combat with his hound of hell tripple barrel revolving pistol... he smirked... staring at arlon from behind... wait for him to enter the realm...

He surley is something else that there drifter... He just might be the one to end this curse.... been living too long now... need to be released... i need to see my wife... and son....

Arlon not close to being phased by the turn of events began to walk calmly into the black mist. Maybe this was him walking to his death or maybe it wasn't, only time could tell but Arlon wasn't even effected by the time anymore in this state. He was pretty much just a drifter as his worthy adversary stated. Obviously Cerberous was full of tricks and his skills seemed close to demonic but there was this one odd thing about him that Arlon couldn't quite understand. Arlon had no weapons but he heavily relied on his chi, life force and the Elements provided by his Black Luster art.

Being transported into this new world he stood a distance from Cerberous which seemed to be ready for this fight. Arlon spreaded his legs apart and just watched nonchalantly taking his Black Luster stance which resembled a thai boxer. He constantly tapped his toe on the ground as if he were catching on to a rhythm in his mind. Cerberous now was just a swirling image in his eyes. The rhythm was set and he was prepared for battle.

Cerberous amused by his stance... wondering why he chose that one out of all fighting stnaces... laughing to himself... remembering every great battle.... every god he slain... Every immortal being he made mortal and killed with his bare hands... this was just another walk in the ball park... he put his sword back on his back... seeing he doesnt have to use it... putting his hand behind his back and and circling him....

Cerberous: Your somethin else boy... I see your not used to striking first....

Cerberous... Apart of the land of voided mist... One with the enviorment... Phsisng away then coming back with each step.. slowly getting faster as he vanished and was instantly hovering over arlon! As he lifted his leg and charging up his legion of a thousand machine gun kick's!!!!!

Once he saw Cerberous leg moving at that high speed he instantly took off running, for some reason moving faster than usual. He almost couldn't control himself but he stopped skidding around across the ground on the soles of his feet twisting around into a full 360 degree turn sending very powerful waves of Chi in the form on wind towards Cerberous. This was only a diversion though just incase he was able to guide his high speed kicks. Arlon landed yet again his speed being undetectable at this point except for that tiny white glint that would appear each time he stopped and moved. Arlon was fully aware of this and that's what he wanted.

His skills were almost ninja like and he relied heavily on deception and diversion. Arlon now moving closer purposely dashing in front and evading his own chi blast moving closer to Cerberous gun. Now standing in front of Cerberous for not even a split second evading the kicks with ease leaving only blurs and after images of where he used to be was now flipping over his head to land behind him. Hopefully this was enough for Cerberous to forget about the torrent of chi blasts. Maybe he was underestimating his opponent already but in a fight between great warriors they always tested each others strength and might to see how far the limits could be pushed.

Cerberous, Purposely letting arlon stay close... He saw the blast and stayed there.... Her literally opened his mouth and absorbed the blast... Consuming it... He turned to arlon... The fading to mist... the fading back to the side of arlon and whispering boo just to phase away again... Laughing manichally and taunting him... he knew arlon was fast but he knew that in this realm he was the alpha and omega... he has been tested before... he phased in front of arlon then behind him, hitting him with a legion kick and fading away again, going in and out of the realm faster and faster! This realm is apart of cerberous... the eclipse of new reydeous was his hide away... he was god in this realm... even outside of it... he was still a ruler... a god among men and spirits alike.... He then saw arlon recovering from the blow and then smirked... readying his next strike with his leg still a flame...

Arlon was quite the perceptive man and he always thought ahead. Just what if this tactic failed? It's success rate was a mere 30% anyway. While in midair Arlon caught what just happened and tilted his head right before he spinned his body upright dropping his heel on what he thought was Cerberous head. Instead that image faded into a dark mist. Honestly Arlon was caught off guard and this was a first. He didn't detect any energy build up or see any sign or indication. Arlon landed but before he could get his footing right his opponent appeared behind him. Arlon's initial reaction was to strike but he already knew this was a taunt. Remaining calm he stood there and suddenly he appeared from the black mist. Arlon caught his foot but the impact sent him sliding back on his feet and burning his hand just slightly. Nothing too big. He caught his balance instantly and was ready to move in for a strike but Cerberous was still in a battle ready stance.

This was definitely getting annoying now and Arlon wasn't the type to play games. At this point it was obvious that this realm was built to give his opponents a lower advantage. Quite cowardice he thought to himself but it was no big deal. This wasn't the first time he encountered someone like him. Arlon then charged Cerberous head on, all part of his plan. He began building up an intense amount of chi into the soles of his feet ready for anything to occur. Cerberous wasn't the only one quick on his feet. Moving from side to side Arlon created three copies of himself while running at a good speed. He was now completely open and attacking any one of these copies would cost Arlon a great deal for this battle.

Cerberous waved his hands and clapped them together sending a wind across the battle field as arlons clones faded... the ground vibrated.... Cerberous smiled and opened his arms... hoping arlon was still running towards him... Just him and cerberous... He wants him to attack him head on... cerberous will not strike back... cerberous and his sadist nature was his best friend... he loved pain... he licked his lips and arlon and grinned as if the heavens parted and shined down on cerberous... leg stil lit and burning....

Cerberous: Come realese me drifter! Kill me! Hurt me!! DESTROY ME!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Good, this is exactly what Arlon wanted. By the time his images dissipated Arlon was already in striking range. Of course this should have surprised his opponent but who knows. Right when Cerberous yelled out those words released his chi in one massive blast propelling himself to the side with enough force to level an entire continent. Even then he still had more left. Hopefully this shockwave was enough to knock Cerberous off balance. Twisting and turning to confuse Cerberous Arlon released the remaining amount of chi from his body propelling himself in the air faster than ever. At this speed he was basically travelling through time. Everything in his path was slowed and so was Cerberous. In mid air Arlon shifted his weight so he could somersault off the air itself over Cerberous head. By this time he was already over Cerberous head upside down with his hands pointed towards the top of his head.

Black Luster Technique 9 Lion's Roar!

This beam of pure energy was released at point blank range right on top of Cerberous head. In this realm techniques were amplified so that only increase the size and power of this attack. Arlon concentrated his entire focus on this one attack. He knew it wasn't going to kill him but he at least needed to gain a better advantage in the realm where he had none. Just injuring this man would be an accomplishment.

Cerberous.... Still standing.... his hat damaged... head gashed open... instantly healing over as if he was never struck... he removed his hat and his long black hair flowed out of its pony tail and now draped on his shoulders... his face was exposed... arlon saw his grin... the look in his eyes.... he faded out of exsistance and back to hit arlon with a legion kick amplified as one kick equal ten thousand!! Sending him flying through time and back into the battle field behind him... cerberous made arlon teleport back out of realm and back into it... he laughed at his trick and got serious... drawing his soul reaver pistol... all black shiny chrome with a long barrel... this eight foot tall man towered over arlon... he walked over to him slowly... pressing his chest to his and whispering in arlons ear...

Cerberous: Do it again boy... hit me with all you got... you can kill me drifter....

He then licked the side of arlons masked and chuckled in his ear... cerberous was now back to his murderous ways... he was now the demented assassin that killed for pleasure... and not for currency...

Arlon was completely awestruck at how this attack never phased him one bit. For a person to have such a rapid healing factor it wasn't normal considering Arlon wasn't normal himself. Before Arlon could scurry into defense he was already struck by Cerberous kick. The force sent him flying which seemed to take forever until he finally landed on his back but instantly back flipped up to take the defenses. He glared at Cerberous still with no emotion and cold body language. Arlon was never hit in battle and this was the first time for him. Even when he was forced to blocked Cerberous kick this was the first time an opponent had ever touched him and for this to happen twice in the same battle. The thought was absurd but Arlon needed to focus rather than let petty thoughts cloud his judgement. Arlon was far off from being a fool and he did not let Cerberous get that close to him. Vanishing in that glint of light he appeared quite a few feet from him. Still silent and he seemed not to be phased by Cerberous kick. Why was that? It was obvious this should've broken some bones but Arlon was literally unphased.

This silent but deadly man was now growing impatient. He wasn't much for prolonging battles nor was he a fan of being hit while in battle. Now was the time to play it smart and stop making first moves. In a place where his opponent had greater advantage over him he needed to craft a web of his own for his loud mouth prey to fall into. Arlon was not impressed by being forced to think in battle. This only angered him slightly. He kept himself on guard because he knew his opponent was going now make a move.

Cerberous looked at arlon... staring at his mask... arlon stood there... waiting for the strike... He lunged towards arlon and was right in face just to phase away and instantly hit him with another legion kick and fire off two shots from his soul reaver... the bullets traveled faster than any speed imaginable and clipped arlons shoulder and his kneecap... cerberous then faded away with a loud laugh and roar of bloodlust! cerberous was hungry... He then hovers back above arlon and charges up his kicks again just to pain himself.... Cerberous takes the pain and laughs at it... Breaking his own rules as each technique he used slowly reset itself but caused him more pain... his healing factor was his best weapon... his arsenal of guns and knives concealed were just back ups... he was a killing machine before arlon showed up... he is so eager to die at his hands... he is now growing frustrated with arlon... growing angry... he rained down three legion kicks aboe arlon striking him repeatidly on top of his head!

Arlon sighed gently to himself as Cerberous appeared in front of him instantly delivering a bone shattering kick to his body. Arlon was hit or so it seemed that way. Right when the kick connected Arlon caught his leg between both his hand then instantly with a powerful blend of technique power and speed he took both his palms ramming them into Cerberous chest.

Black Luster Technique 11 Screaming Beast!

This technique was basically a counter attack meant to internally harm the foe. With those words spoken the image of a Lion's Head erupted out of Cerberous back and let out a monstrous roar into the atmosphere. Usually when an opponent is hit this they topple over and die but Cerberous on the other hand was a different case. What would be the out come? Just to be on the safe side Arlon applied more pressure blasting more chi into his opponent sending Cerberous twirling in the air wounded in the inside or so that's what Arlon thought. What was the extent to this mans healing factor?

Cerberous felt every bit of that in his system... He loved the pain... He laughed out roars as he coughed up a large amount of blood, He stood up right and wiped his mouth.... Cerberous knew that his moves were new to his system... this fight can go either way now... Cerberous took out his side winder along with his soul rever pistol...

Cerberous: I rely on these guns kid.... you are just too damn strong for me..... or it seems..... those moves aren't anything i've ever seen in this town... hell this whole damn city... Hahahahaha!.... It's ashame i'm gonna have to make light work of that little mask of yers.....

Cerberous.... both pistols aimed at arlons mask... he cocked back both of his hammers on his pistols and faded away through the mist... BANG BANG! Two shots were fired at arlons back... but where could cerberous be?... Fading in and out of life and death.... going through his own realms... his mutation wasnt even a mutation any more... he himself was a walking apocalypse...

Arlon was never too fond of weapons and when he saw a capable warrior rely on such trivial creations it confused him. Arlon jumped back two car spaces and took stance watching Cerberous come to a stand. He wasn't surprised. Most people it would've ruptured their eternal organs but this man was different. No matter what he did it never seemed to phase him. He loved the pain and wanted him to inflict more. How could he face an opponent like this that won't stay down? As Cerberous spoke Arlon nodded his head acknowledging his skills as well. Cerberous spoke of his mask and this caught him by surprise. How could he had possibly known now? Arlon gave no indication nor did he defend his face in anyway. The tides have turned now and Arlon soon full realized this. His life was at stake but he had something he was living for right now. Reuniting with his son was the only thing driving to keep moving. No man was going to stop him.

Arlon's body began to glow in a beautiful holy white. Soothing yet burning. It was now time to take on the forbidden sides of the Black Luster technique while combining it with his Crucian techniques. Holding two fingers up to his mouth he pointed the other two on his hand at Cerberous. An immense amount of energy was being gathered but was soon interrupted when Cerberous vanished. Now he had no way of aiming at his target. Two shots were fired behind him and they were close. At this rate Arlon's reflexes were not fast enough for him to evade this but there was obviously something different about these bullets if he relied heavily on his gun. Wanting to experiment and take the shots would be foolish. Arlon threw his arms behind him forcing a powerful gust of wind to surround his body. The wind pressure allowed nothing to pass through, not even the bullets. They collided with a thud. Arlon jumped back another 2 car spaces.

Black Luster Forbidden Technique Nature's Gift!

This special technique here granted him the ability to full manipulate the elements but because he was already skilled at using the elements he was able to make things like water and fire materialize from the air. Now it was time to just wait. To wait patiently until Cerberous revealed himself. Not once has he fought an opponent this formidable.

Cerberous jumped backward's into the mist... laugh... until a dome of mist surrounded arlon.... Nothing could get in or out... this mist was different... able to keep spirits and beings captive.... the mist flowed from the top of the dome and began to leak... as cerberous demon faces popped out from the entire dome... legions of evil demonic faces laughing and cackling...

DEMONIC VOICES: THERE YOU ARE BOY!

Shot's fired through out the whole dome, From each weapon he had... Ricocheting and boncing every where! No where was safe! This mist dome was unbreakable... He was unable to fend himself! The bullet's were homed in on him and only him... no matter how fast he evaded he kept getting hit... This was cerberous at his lowest power... he was not at his fullest yet...

Arlon remained calm in this seemingly impossible situation. He was the type of man that made the impossible seem possible. Cerberous vanished and demonic faces began to form everywhere. Arlon held his ground then suddenly droplets of water began to materialize around his body falling to the ground then began to swirl around. Arlon turned to the side and held his hand out pointing it towards a random area. All the droplets began to concentrate to a single spot in his palm.

Forbidden Technique Torrent!

A massive torrent of water exploded out of his hand with the force combining a hurricane and waterfall. This force was so powerful that it even caused Arlon to slide backwards on his feet. This water crashed into the mist filled dome only to take on the shape and form of it. Quickly filling up to the rim in no time. Arlon was now swimming in the water and the bullets that got randomly shot were drastically slowed from the dense atmosphere of the water. Now visible in the eyes of Arlon he evaded them with ease as if the dense water had no effect on his form. In fact that was true. He now had full control over the elements thanks to his forbidden arts so maneuvering in this water was no problem. He sunk down to the ground and stood on his feet with his arms crossed. He wasn't even required to breath at this point. Since Cerberous was now back in hiding he could only play the waiting game again. Cerberous was going to come out again to attack.