A Viking and a Celt

He thought a moment, quietly relieved she decided to join him. Surely, now, it was just for politics' sake. "Take my hounds with you. I need to get water and prepare the meat." He dug through his pack and pulled out a pot that would be good enough to feed the four of them. "And make the fire and all that." He said with a shrug. He looked at her. "I'll ask the trees before I use their branches." He said in a teasing tone...but truth was, he was serious. He did respect the forest quite a bit.

She shot him a look at his teasing tone, but she whistled low at the dogs and they bounded happily towards her. She switched her tongue to her Animal Speak and started to converse with the hounds. She asked them how they liked Torgeir and they responded by saying how amazing he was to them.

She smiled at that.

As they reached the place where the vegetables grew, she made sure that the Gods were okay with her using their bounty. All was okay to pick except for the lettuce, as it had not fully matured and Hern had something special planned for it later in its life.

Arms full of food, she meandered back to camp and set them on a patch of grass, safe from the dirt. Then she bent down to start on the fire wood

He returned with the water just as soon as she returned with the vegetables. He smiled and sat down, starting to make a stand for the pot so he wasn't just putting it right in the fire. "You know, your forests are beautiful. You take care of them well." He commented as he worked, crouched in the dirt. He made sure his kilt was in place properly so he wasn't offending her in any way, and glanced over to his dogs to make sure they were also behaving.

"Thank ye," she said. She actually meant it. Hardly anyone had ever said that to her before, only the Gods were the ones who thanked her... never another human. She was touched. She watched him make the stand for the pot for a moment before starting on the wood again. She picked up some logs and placed them all into one centre place. She reached far for the last one and almost fell into the wood while trying. She sort of lost her balance and started to tip. But she was laughing all the while

Torgeir looked up and laughed. He looked at one of his dogs. "Don't just stand there..."

His hound hopped up and over to her, nudging her in the side, aiming to push her back onto her feet.

It was nice seeing the woman laugh, to know she had a sense of fun to her and she wasn't just all business all the time.

((ugh, sorry it's such a short crappy post lol))

She stood up with the help of the dogs and nodded her thanks to them and then to Torgeir for suggesting it to the hounds.

She continued her work on the fire and finally got all of the wood in the correct position, all she had to do now was light it. But she had no flint with her. She turned to Torgeir. "Oy, 'ave any fire starter?"

He nodded and stood up, walking over. He crouched, pulling some flint and one of his knives out of his sporran. With it, he lit the fire and prodded it until it grew nice and big. He smiled and stood. "There." He smirked at her. "Pretty good for a 'man of men', eh?" He teased, bringing up something she had said on their first meeting.

He brought the pot over with all the meat and vegetables in it and set it up to start cooking. With that done, he cleared himself out a place to sit and flopped down onto his back, immediately greeted by one of his dogs who started licking his face.

"I would dare say that you did a fine job 'man of men.'" She could play along as well. She had a sense of humour, just few saw it. She stoked the fire and poked at dome of the logs with a stray stick just to make sure that it stayed lit

(sorry for lame post(

"What should we do while we wait for the food to cook, Woman of Woods?" He looked over at her, finally pushing his hound away from his face. "I should probably clean myself up a bit before feasting with someone as important as you." He said, that teasing tone still to his voice.

((lol it's ok. There isn't much going on right now but light conversation))

"Ye go get cleaned, I shall tend the fire and food. I shan't move." Just to prove her point she sat flat against the dirt and gave a tilted smile.

He nodded. "Alright." He got up and walked back to the stream he had used to fill the pot. He disrobed, bathed, and decided not to take too long drying off. He walked back into the clearing, his kilt wrapped around his shoulders and waist loosely. He sat down in the grass and looked at her. "So, what does an oracle do in day to day life?"

"I visit the gods in the Other Plane and have visions of the future. I can also read fortunes, do scrying, and use different materials to read your future as well. Whatever I can do tae see the future, I will do." She left it at that. She did not tell him the darker side of it. He did not need to know. She sat next to him a few feet away and brushed her hand above the grass. She turned back to him. "And ye?"I

He shook his head. "As second son, not much. Follow my father around, do some raiding, lead some men...hunt when I get the chance. It's my only way to be by myself and away from all that mess..."

He looked at her. "And every day I worry my brother will die and pass the yoke of ruling down to my shoulders after my dad has passed it to him..."

"Well," she started, "for what it may be worth to ye, I think you would make a marvelous Chief." Aithne looked over at him while smiling a tiny smile.

He smiled back. "Thank you." He looked her over a bit. "I know you aren't in line for Chieftan...you have a few brothers, if I'm not mistaken..." He smirked a little. "I have to listen to my father when he speaks of the other tribes and clans. He usually tests me on them when I'm least expecting it..."

"Aye, I have three: Corren, Diamh, and ApRyhs. Corren is the eldest, and ApRhys the youngest brother, but I am the youngest. I will never have to be become Chief, and I hope and pray to the Gods everyday that they will all live happy lives. What about ye are your siblings?"

"Arnvior is my older brother. He has a wife and daughter who is the happy owner of the bear pelt. Thora and Aina are my sisters, both younger. I guess Thora's marrying a good friend of mine soon. Aina wants the fox pelt. Vilhelm is my younger brother. Only ten years." He smiled.

"Are there wedding plans arranged for your future, or do you get out of that, being the oracle?" He asked, honestly interested. He had heard of some clans forcing their daughters to marry and didn't agree with it himself. As it was, his mother was quite impatient with him for not taking a wife, saying things like 'your brother was married at your age' and 'when are you going to give me a grandson! I don't have one of those yet!' It was insufferable, really...

"Sounds like ye have a lovely family. And nay, I have no marriage plans. I do not see myself getting married unless there is a man out there who can understand my strange ways and be okay with things and the way I am. A man like that would be hard to find, and likely does not exist at all." Aithne shrugged which cause a strap of her top to slide off her shoulder. She was too far off in thought to notice it though.

Being a man his eyes snapped to it. He looked down at the fabric covering him and just kinda wrapped up in it a bit more. "Ah, well, I wish you luck in finding a man like that." He smirked and looked at her. "Though, for you, I think he might have to be a wolf, since you are so against men of man."

Aithne noticed his fidgeting with his kilt and smirked a little. "Thank you I suppose." She fixed her strap. "Though I doubt even a wolf could handle me." She got a far-off look again and brought her knees to her chest.