Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Adventure, Fantasy, Magic, Medieval/Low-Tech, Mystery, Post-Apocalyptic, Slice of Life, and Supernatural.
Why hello there! I'm Vii, but you can also call me Roy.

If you want details about me, I'll provide some below, although you can check out the "About" section of my profile for more:
Personal Details:
- Sex: Male
- Time Zone: EST
- Interests: Academic science, gardening/nature, video games, and anime(to some extent).
- Normal Human Things That I Don't Know Much About: Sports, geography, TV/Netflix shows, movies, books and most other cultural things.

Roleplaying Details:
- Sexual Content: Nope! I do not rp sexual content of any kind.
- Roleplay Mediums: I'm flexible, but I don't like chat or email rps. I want to be able to edit my posts!
- Posting Speed: Anywhere from 1/day to 1/week. I like 3-5 posts a week most.
- Play Style: I prefer being "collaborative", but I'm fine with being "aggressive" as long as I'm not doing all the work.
- Narrative Style: Third-person Omniscient, Past-tense, with Objectivity.
- Descriptive Style: Detail-oriented. Close to no flourish or poetry. I design them to immerse myself and my partner in the scene. I set up the apparent sensory details and focus on relevant events while excluding inaccessible or extraneous details like thoughts and feelings.
- Writing Level: I'm probably somewhere around "Advanced". See the writing sample below.
- Post Length: 200+ words, often much more. See the writing sample below.
- Characters/NPCs: I love making and controlling NPCs or additional PCs, although I don't like having too many dedicated PCs. I tend to just improvise NPCs when they're just for entertainment value, and I tend to plan them out with my partner when they will be or have become important.
- Character Preferences: I will only play male, female, or non-sexed characters. If my characters have any romantic interest at all, it's for those of the opposite sex. I prefer to play human characters in their early 20s, but there are a few exceptions(humanoids like 'elves' or monsters like 'dragons' that would fit into most medieval fantasy settings). I enjoy roleplaying as characters that have strong moral inclinations and are thoughtful/analytical, but indecisive or naive. Lastly, I prefer to roleplay as characters that are weak, but which have numerous tactically-interesting actions that they can take.
- Face Claims: I prefer semi-realistic stuff, because it's kind of unsettling to see those uncanny, photo-realistic images of orcs and what not, and egregiously unrealistic stuff is distracting.
- Consistency: You will hear from me absolutely every week unless you don't want to.
- OOC Preferences: I will regularly send messages to my partner to ask about potential errors that my partner or I have made, or improvements that my partner or I can make. I enjoy talking with my partners about the roleplay and about plans for the future of the roleplay. I also enjoy socializing with my roleplay partners.
- Setup Preferences: I prefer to plan out the setting details, character details, and a rough skeleton of the plot before starting a roleplay so that my partner and I are on the same page about what is fine to improvise and what isn't.
- Setting Preferences: I prefer settings that I either make myself, or that I make with my partner. I am fine with 'customized' fandom settings in which my partner and I take some ideas from a pre-established setting and come up with the rest ourselves. However, I find playing unaltered, pre-established settings to be frustrating, so I try to avoid doing that unless it's a really good setting.

If you want details about what kind of roleplaying partner I'm looking for, I'll provide some below:
Personal Details:
- Time Zone: I'd prefer if you're regularly online at some point from noon-midnight in the EST timezone, but that's not really a make-or-break thing.
- Interests: Preferably you'll at least like medieval fantasy stuff. Ideally, you'll like video games or tabletop games.

Roleplaying Details:
- Sexual Content: If you want it, I'm not the partner for you.
- Posting Speed: At least give me 1/week.
- Play Style: If you're extremely 'aggressive' or 'passive', you might want to look elsewhere. I'm not a pushover and I also don't want to do all the work. As for the planning prior to the roleplay, I'm fine with doing most of that if you don't want to, but you still need to give me enough input to keep me from making something you won't like.
- Narrative Style: Third Person
- Writing Level: Somewhere between Intermediate and Prestige best, with higher writing levels being ideal. If you're lower than Intermediate, I'm probably going to annoy you with constant requests for clarification or requests for editing misunderstandings. If you're higher than Prestige, you're probably looking for a professional writer, which is not me.
- Post Length: As long as I have something meaningful to respond to, and as long as I get to see your character respond to what I put in my own post, I don't really care about how long your post is.
- Character Preferences: If you exclusively want to RP as animals, furries/anthros, or anime characters, our preferences will probably clash pretty substantially, but it might still work out in certain circumstances.
- Face Claims: Semi-Realistic, or at least not egregiously unrealistic.
- Consistency: At least say something once a week
- OOC Preferences: Tell me what you want out of the roleplay, and what I can do to make the roleplay better. If you're going to be out of touch for a while, tell me in advance.
- Setup Preferences: You need to be comfortable going through a fairly extensive, if not all-encompassing planning stage prior to starting a roleplay.
- Setting Preferences: You either need to be comfortable with original settings, or you have to be remarkably patient and willing to describe the details of a pre-established setting in excruciating detail.

If you want a sample of what one of my typical starting posts looks like, here's a recent example:
The clinking of chains rang out through a small valley between dunes, along with the subtle shifting of sand. Several humanoid figures disguised behind multiple sheets of a coarse, brown-dyed cloth were shambling along through the sands along with two large pack mules with long necks and lumps on their backs. One of the figures was notably less well-dressed however, and was evidently being dragged along behind one of the pack mules by a fairly short length of some sort of metallic chain. This less well-dressed figure nearly tripped several times, stumbling repeatedly as he tried to keep up with the animal that was dragging him along. Sweat poured down his face in small beads, glistening in the intense light of the midday sun. His clothes were almost dry by comparison, with the exception of his sleeves, which were slightly wet with the blood of his chafed wrists.

Between heavy breaths, the chained fellow moaned, "Water..." looking around at the cloth-covered fellows around him desperately. Most of the cloth-covered fellows ignored the comment, but one of them approached while pulling out a coiled leather band, then smacked the poorly-dressed guy on the back of the head with it. The weapon made a sharp SNAP as it impacted the chained fellow's skull, evoking a short, pained yelp from him. "Silence, slave." the aggressor growled, his voice muffled as it left the cloth wraps. The chained guy lowered his head and nodded, still breathing heavily and trying to keep up. A few seconds later, the aggressor headed back to his previous position and put the leather device away.

The group was travelling in a tight formation around the pack mules, three on either side and one at the front to lead them onwards. Although they were covered with cloth, the tell-tale ripple sound of leather emanated from beneath their wrappings as they shuffled through the sands, and some of them had rather large weapons that peaked out from beneath the wrappings. The pack mules themselves were covered in various forms of tightly-secured and mostly-full sacks and bags of various things. The only cloth-wrapped humanoid that seemed to be holding anything was the fellow in the front, who was holding a small plate of some sort and a roll of heavily-worn paper.

As they shambled along, only a few events managed to force the cloth-wrapped humanoids to react. One such event occurred whenever the desert wind occasionally whistled past, carrying along with it a thin sheet of sand. Everyone in the small group would shield their faces, with the exception of the chained guy, who could only manage to duck his head between his arms. Another such event was the sight of some sort of desert beast, especially birds and prey. The cloth-wrapped humanoids would draw their ranged weapons and watch them closely for an opportunity to go for a kill, but they rarely got one.

But eventually, the group happened upon an event that evoked a much stronger reaction. As they were shambling along, the sand erupted in four locations several feet away from the group as reptilian creatures darted out of the sand and immediately descended upon the cloth-covered humanoids. They reacted quickly, rapidly drawing out their weapons and yelling to one other such things as, "AMBUSH!", "ON IT!", and "AGH!" while scrambling to prepare themselves. Two of the humanoids were unlucky, as the reptilian things lunged out and took a deep bite out of them. One of the reptilian things instead bit one of the pack mules, and the last one bit towards a cloth-covered guy, but he managed to draw out a long, curved sword and catch the thing's jaw on the blade to keep it at bay. As he pushed it back, however, he looked down at his blade only to see a greenish-brown fluid coating the edge. He then yelled out, "They're rot lizards! Don't get bit!" and the others quickly grunted in acknowledgement as they got they began casting and striking back.

Once the initial shock of ambush was over, the pack-mule that the chained guy was chained to turned around and rushed past him, dragging the poor guy along kicking and screaming as it rushed away from the battle. Blood, sand, cloth, scales, bolts, and various types of fire and wind magic began furiously flying around, accompanied by the death throes and screams of several of the combatants. Once the element of surprise from the ambush was lost, the cloth-covered fellows started to fare much better, but they had already taken significant casualties. After only a few seconds of battle, two of the humanoids were collapsed on the ground in a gory mess, the pack mule was writhing around to get a lizard to release it, and one of the lizards was reduced to a headless, convulsing corpse. Everyone left standing was either injured or preoccupied as the brutal melee continued.

As the battle was ongoing, the sand in front of the pack mule which was dragging the chained fellow away erupted as another lizard popped emerged from its burrow. The pack mule tried to slow down and change direction, but its futile efforts led the lizard to clamp its jaws down on the pack mule's neck. The human that was getting dragged along tumbled onto his back as the pack mule suddenly collapsed not 50 feet from the rest of the battle. Once he came to his senses, he let out a shrill cry for help and curled up to shield his head.

And, last but not least, below I'll provide a bunch of different roleplays that I would be interested in starting. I intentionally tried to make them vague so that, even if multiple people want to start a roleplay with me based off of the same idea, the roleplays would become distinct during the process of planning them out due to the differences between my partners:
Summary: Video-Game-Like Medieval Low-Fantasy Isekai Survival Adventure
Premise: Several people are transported from modern earth to a medieval fantasy world where people have a limited understanding of technology or magic, roaming monsters pose an existential threat to all of humanity, and the ruins of past civilizations lie in wait for daring explorers to find and plunder them. These transportees receive some sort of game-like interface that provides them with the opportunity to "create a character" before actually entering into the new world. However, once they arrive, the many dangers of the world quickly make themselves apparent, and the game-like interface doesn't seem to be as useful following character creation as they were hoping it would be.
Plot: The transportees will first need to figure out how to survive in this new world, then they will need to decide where to go from there. Will they try to work together, or will they take each other as "threats" and try to take each other out? Will they try to take advantage of their situation and live out their lives in the new world without question, or will they try to figure out how they got to this new world and/or how to get back home?
Summary: Goal-Based Medieval Low-Fantasy Survival Adventure
Premise: A small group of people happen to be in the same place at the same time and discover that they share a goal of some sort. Then, utilizing their unique abilities, they go off on a journey to fulfil their mutual goal. However, the world is merciless - there are numerous powerful people and deadly monsters between them and their goals, and they lack access to the resources necessary to overcome the odds. In order to reach their goal, they will need to venture forth into the distant, unknown reaches of the world and hope that they find what they need and return.
Plot: The group will end up having at least one person who will quickly betray the others, leaving the group without many resources, and without much in the way of self-defense. The fragmented remains of the group will have to figure out how to survive and to continue on with their journey. Once they have a foot-hold, they'll find the requisite resources bit by bit, then return to society and attempt to achieve their goal.
Summary: Post-Apocalyptic Medieval Low-Fantasy Survival Horror
Premise: The people of the world were already struggling to get by with what limited technology and magic was available, but then something unexpected happened which destroyed all but a few small remnants of humanity. These small conclaves of people are not all that is left of sentient life in the world, and without ready access to safe structures or agriculture, life is fleeting and death creeps ever closer.
Plot: The people will have to secure some sort of safe living space and reliable access to important resources, all while defending themselves from the natural threats of the world, in addition to the newer 'unnatural' ones that resulted in the apocalypse in the first place. Once they have all of this, they will have to decide where to go from there: do they try to rebuild and take back ground in an attempt to reverse the apocalypse, or will they just try to live out the rest of their futile lives more comfortably before the next unexpected disaster comes to reap their lives?
Summary: Post-Apocalyptic Medieval Low-Fantasy Slice-Of-Life Adventure
Premise: The vast majority of life on the world was all wiped out in a horrifying disaster of unknown origin. Some of the creatures of the world escaped their seemingly-inevitable demise due to pure happenstance, simply because they happened to be deep underground at the time. Others were able to get to one of the few specially-designed magic items built to protect their inhabitants from the event. Centuries after the disaster, the world is completely different from how it was before. New creatures roam the world, new plants grace the surface, and not a single sentient being is anywhere to be found - that is, until the magic items break and release the people they had sequestered within.
Plot: The people will be able to roam around the new world and decide what they want to do. Most likely, a small group will decide to explore around and find a good place to settle down for a while. Maybe another group will decide to seek out relics of the past in order to rebuild what was once lost, or to figure out what happened. Some may know exactly what happened in the past, and will attempt to take advantage of their knowledge to gain power over the others.
Summary: Social-Interaction-Based Medieval Low-Fantasy Slice-Of-Life
Premise: The people of the world don't have especially potent technology or magic, and magic isn't especially common, but the threats that nature poses are not dangerous enough to limit the development of civilization. As such, mankind has been slowly developing roads and cities, and cultures throughout the world are gradually coming into contact with one another. Among these people, a small group incidentally does something to enrage the native population. Powerful people decide to punish this small group in order to maintain public order, so they are banished to a different civilized area that is foreign to them.
Plot: The small group has to find a place to live and a way to make a living in the new civilized area. They might decide to rely on one another and work together due to common circumstances, or they might try to manipulate or control other group members through their unique strengths or resources. Eventually, they will have to decide whether they want to try to continue living in the new place, or to try to go somewhere else.
Summary: Medieval Low-Fantasy Slice-Of-Life Adventure
Premise: The people of the world don't have especially potent technology or magic, and magic isn't especially common, but mankind has been able to develop quite thoroughly. Although nature is still a threat, mankind's greatest threat is itself, so people live fairly stable lives year-to-year, with enough safety that they don't have to worry about their efforts being wasted. The average person steadily works away at tasks that his family has done for generations in order to enjoy the simple pleasures of life. However, a small group has more lofty aspirations - they seek to become legends, for mankind to remember their names for generations to come.
Plot: The small group will meet up, become aware of each others' aspirations, and they will then go out into the world to try to achieve their aspirations. For the most part, they're just going to deal with the problems of daily life one by one, and will gradually become more competent. Eventually, they will become powerful enough to start gaining the attention of important people, and from there, their legend will truly start. As for what they become legends for, that will depend on their aspirations.
Summary: Social-Interaction-Based Medieval Low-Fantasy Slice-Of-Life Action Mystery
Premise: The people of the world don't have especially potent technology or magic, and magic isn't especially common, but mankind has been able to develop quite thoroughly. Although nature is still a threat, mankind's greatest threat is itself, so people live fairly stable lives year-to-year, with enough safety that they don't have to worry about their efforts being wasted. The average person steadily works away at tasks that his family has done for generations in order to enjoy the simple pleasures of life. However, when certain people suddenly become aware of a special ability that they have, all of that changes. Word goes around that these 'special' people have started being found all over the place, especially those with immediately-apparent powers, and that they are being captured and brought in by powerful people for investigation and for the protection of society at large. A small group of people with more subtle abilities, who managed to keep their newfound powers under wraps, then seek one another out to try and figure out what to do.
Plot: The small group of people have to secretly find out about one another and decide what to do. Do they try to figure out why others who received the special powers are being captured? Do they try to find out why they received their power, or how to make the best use of it? What will they try to do with their new-found powers? Will they try to keep their power suppressed and just live normal lives, or will they try to use it in subtle ways in order to pursue certain goals?

If you think that I would be a good partner to roleplay with, and you either like one of the ideas I proposed or have something similar that you think that I would be interested in, please feel free to contact me through private messages! Please do not reply to this thread, because I will not respond to any posts that you make here!

Other than that, thanks for reading! I hope you find what you are looking for!