Status
Not open for further replies.

Hana

wandering thoughts
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
mainbanner.jpg

Soooo sweets, candies, confections, pastries, cakes, and all that good stuff!

What's your favorite candy bar, or chocolate, or anything that falls in the above categories?

Come on guys, Halloween just passed~ No one's too old for candy!​

LOL "very serious discussion" xD

My favorite is dark chocolate, especially German, French, and Belgian dark chocolate~ Turkish delight is yummy too!

• Love
Reactions: Lusterine and Hana
I don't eat chocolate and candy as much as I used to. I'm partial to Jolly Ranchers and Jelly Belly's, though. If I've ever craving something sweet, usually I just get a bowl of sherbet and away we go. I'm more of a salty snack kinda guy.

• Love
Sweets are an extremely serious topic!! I love love love cheesecake, moist chocolate cake with chocolate icing. Poke cake... and my two favourite sweeties... Ben and Jerry's. ALSO TALENTI

I really want sweets now.....

• Love
I don't eat chocolate and candy as much as I used to. I'm partial to Jolly Ranchers and Jelly Belly's, though. If I've ever craving something sweet, usually I just get a bowl of sherbet and away we go. I'm more of a salty snack kinda guy.

Mm, salty snacks are definitely the bomb~ *says no more to ensure she doesn't go off topic*

Dark chocolate covered almonds.

hmmm yes.

I'm sweet enough. O.O

Heehee, I kid. I have the biggest sweet tooth ever. I never tire of sweet things to eat. Chocolate is my number one, be it a bar, slab, cake, cookie, mousse, etc etc. Then skittles. Then Indian sweet meats, which are seriously sweet. Like dripping sweet. Yummeh. Oh, and let's not forget baklava. Yum.

*Leaves thread so as not to drool anymore*

This thread is unfair. @Greenie Describe what baklava tastes like, please? I haven't ever been anywhere that makes it to even know.

I also super duper love getting strawberries.... and making super chocolate cinnamon cream of wheat and using that as a dip for the berries.... oml.......

Anything with the chocolate/peanut butter combo is my vice. ugh. I love Reese's cups so much.

• Love
Reactions: Hana
Describe what baklava tastes like, please? I haven't ever been anywhere that makes it to even know.
Hrmmm... *rubs chin* Well it's made out of phyllo, butter, nuts and honey syrup, so it's crunchy, buttery, and sweet? :D Well this is the more Middle Eastern (Lebanese I believe) kind. I've also had another kind (Greek I think) that was more cinnamony, chunkier nuts, walnuts, and the syrup was slightly different as well. BUT it was good. Like very good. I would eat a whole box myself if I didn't have people yelling at me for it. :bsmile:

Gummies. Chocolate. Licorice.

Seems like a lot of people hate licorice. More for me.

@Greenie hnnnnnnng~ it sounds so good! I could definitely get behind the Greeks and the cinnamon! Mmmmmmm.....

I really need waffles now.... and strawberry muffins..... with... a side of french toast with syrup!

Perhaps I shall learn Baklava.... mmm...

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: junebug and Greenie
I really like gummies, I like the soft but still chewy texture. Like wine gums! And most of Haribos stuff.
I really like dark chocolate, especially with sea salt or cocoa nibs in it. Chocolate covered pretzels are good too...
I love cheesecakes and such too. You're giving me a serious craving for sweets!

I don't care much for normal icing on cakes and such, though, it's a bit too sweet for me.
I guess, to contribute something new: I love semlor (shrove buns).
They're slightly sweet cardamom buns filled with a marzipan/whipped cream mixture.
IMG_8916-300x209.jpg

Gummmiesssssss. I'd eat gummie sweets for every meal if I didn't care for me teeth lmao

• Love
Reactions: junebug and Hana
All of the above. I have a have a huge sweet tooth. Chocolate I tend to eat at 75% cocoa or higher though. Caramel Tim Tams and chocolate covered espresso beans are my go-tos.

At one point I made a chocolate cake with a pound of chocolate covered espresso beans in it for a potluck. My coworkers alternately hated and loved me for it.

• Love
Oh my god. I think i forgot some. Macarons. Those little papery cookies with a flavored cream, all made from eggs like meringue.
12cc6573aca4a956ca79bfc685dc8ff6.png

And... Rugelach. No other context is needed, just have this picture.
9ac952a5fe44545a81d49615e0def712.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Ugh, I want to try some of this stuff

• Love
Dark chocolate. Give me all of the dark chocolate.

And cakey things. Like the soft, cloud-like stuff. I love fluffiness.

• Love
Reactions: Hana and Greenie
Status
Not open for further replies.