A Vampire's Treasure

Maya's fingers traced his sharp incisors with unbridled curiosity, leaving his mouth to touch his face. There didn't seem to be much that made him different from a human, but just from being that close to him and looking at his abnormal teeth, she could tell that he was very unique. She slowly withdrew her touch from his face and instead, pulled and pushed on her own incisors in an attempt to make them longer than his. They didn't budge and she stopped, blinking slowly as her gaze lifted to his face again.

"Not human...then what?" she asked in her broken English,

Damion chuckled watching her push as her own eye teeth knowing they wouldnt budge, "Vampire, a creature of the dark, drinker of blood, immortal undead; I once was human but death lost me to inhumanity and I became but a corpse that walks the earth. An abomination of this planet unable to be killed by mortal means." He sat back on his behind again leaning back on his arms watching her hiding the bite of pain that came everytime he thought of his past as a mortal.

"Why did you dare to near the surface on such a dangerous storm?"

She shook her head furiously, looking up at him indignantly as she waved her hands around, "Not my fault! Net! Net! Fisher...uh...Fishermen throw net. Sinks. Catches me. They yank me up then drop."

She tried her best to explain what had happened to her, how she had tried to avoid that situation, but had gotten caught anyway. Sure, she had gone out too far away from her home, but that net truly came out of nowhere! In her excitement, the clicks and squeals returned full force until a loud growl from her stomach filled her ears. She placed her hand over her belly and stopped, blinking her eyes.

"...Hungry," she said, gazing up at the vampire, "Hungry. You said...if I...obey...then want for...nothing. I obeyed. Hungry."

Damion nodded, "Of course what do you pefer to eat in all the rush we never had a proper conversation about what you need for food and I'm sorry that the ignorant fishermen almost caught you. I hope you gave them the fright of their life." He reached out and cupped her cheek before standing gracefully and opening the door to bark a command for someone. The male from before practically scrambled to the door, Damion looked at her, "Tell the boy what you want and they'll get it to you be sure to tell them if you want it live or not humans aren't to terribly smart." He pat the boys head, "Though this one has some brains to him yet." The male fought a blush at his words being only a fledgling and never having any praise.

Looking from her captor to the young boy, she shrank down some in uncertainty before rising again and smiling at him to assure the lad that she was not a bad mermaid. She swam to the edge and peeked over it, her fingers gripping the ledge.

"Clams," she declared, "Tuna...dead. Seaweed."

For a moment, she felt absolutely ridiculous because of the way she was talking, like a child that had dry limited vocabulary. She was very intelligent and she could show him that if he could speak in her language. Alas, they were stuck speaking primitively to each other. At least she could insult him how she wanted in her own language without him knowing. That gave her some comfort. Before her 'master' could walk away, she slammed her tail in the water, creating a big splash to catch his attention.

"Name?" she asked, pointing to him.

The splash made him jump alittle making Damion watching him in amusement; he hadnt flinched when he spoke to him but the female made him nervous. The boy hesitated glancing at Damion before speaking, "Kakeru, madame', I'll be sure to find the nutrients you need as soon as able. The fisher's should be coming back from today's catch I'm sure someone has a few tuna caught. Will that be all?" He glanced up at Damion then the mermaid making Damion want to praise the poor fledgling for holding up so well.

The mermaid nodded her head before pointing to herself, "Maya. Not Madam."

She smiled at the young boy, "Thank you." He seemed to be nervous around her; the was the exact opposite of what she wanted. Se could understand being nervous around the man who called her his 'pet', he seemed like he could be a frightening monster if you get him mad enough, but why would Kakeru be afraid of her? A little disappointed, she said nothing else to the boy and dipped herself back in the water, pulling more seaweed from the sand to have something to chew on until they brought her more food.

Kakeru ducked his head and left a blush staining his cheeks, Damion shut the door and ressumed his seat near the water's edge, "Don't take it personal his creator was female; from what I've been told she was crazy and unpredictable; it'll take time before he realizes not all females are crazed killers out for themselves."

Maya eyed him curiously for a long time, studying the way he was sitting and dipping his feet in the water. She backed up a little bit, giving the illusion that she was going to dive back down into the blue depths of her glass prison before she swam forward quickly and then, bracing herself on the platform, lifted herself out of the water and turned to place herself beside the vampire in a sitting position. It was a bit tougher, considering her tail, but she was able to do it with a little shifting around. Looking at his feet, she swayed the fin of her pink and purple tail back and forth, pulling it out of the water and then sliding it back in, creating little waves. She had never made waves before...it was fun.

"Um...what...is...your name?" she asked him in her English, clicking and squealing curses at herself for sounding so childish and unintelligible.

Damion chuckled as Maya set herself next to him almost mimicking his pose only she swayed her tail watching the wripples dance across the water's surface, "Damion, I'm sure I had a last name once but it's long forgotten now." he glanced at her after feeling that her slight anger was at herself, "don't get angry at yourself for your lack of words I'm sure there are more of your kin that would barely be able to utter a word to a land walker let alone understand them am I right?" He reached out and fingered a strand of her hair curiously.

She jerked away a little from his hand, being cautious of this strange man that seemed so frightening yet...kind at the same time. She slowly eased back into her previous position, allowing him to play with her hair as he pleased, and nodded her head at his question; "Human language...difficult...ugly. My language...language of...my people...beautiful...songs...like dolphins," she replied, allowing those same clicks and squeals to pass her lips before her voice dipped into a gentle song.

She lifted her hand and placed it to his cheek lightly, gently, feeling his skin, as cold as her own, underneath her fingertips, "Damion...vampire. Other vampires...like you?"

Damion shrugged, "In a way, they're weaker and seek my protection from others stronger than them. For my people our strength comes with age, but not all of us were meant to be leaders." He tilted his head into her palm, it was strange feeling her cool sking against his most females that he went to were human and their rapid pulse made their body heat rocket.

"Yes your language is much more appealing to the ears I must admit."

Maya moved her hand to slide it into his hair, her fingers running through the silky strands curiously. She played with the long locks, giggling and clicking as she twirled his hair around her fingers and then twisted it into small braids. Her tail swayed back and forth happily, showing her entertainment with his crimson tresses. She then removed the seashells from her own hair and placed it in his, pinning them their and giggling at how much it resembled her own style. After a while, she began to feel herself drying out again and quickly splashed back into the water, swimming in a circle and flipping into the air, her squeals filling the air for she was tired of talking in the human's tongue. She swam back up to Damion and tapped the bottom of his feet with her tail, letting him feel the soft, almost transparent skin of her dark purple fin.

Damion was at a lose as to what to do, never in his immortal years had a being that feared him become so playful and trusting in only days of being in his home. He gave her a faint smile as she played with his hair and froze at the unexpected turn as she brushed against him with her tail; it was smooth like snake skin and soft like seaweed.

"You're an unusual one aren't you? Not that I mean that in a negative sense."

"No...you..." she retorted, still teasing his foot with the end of her tail.

Then, as if just on a whim, she gained a devious look in her eye. She swam closer to Damion and slowly slipped her fingers over his, letting her touch slowly slide up to his wrist as she tittered in her clicks, as if trying to convince him to trust her that she was not up to anything bad. Then, as soon as she had a firm enough hold on his arm, she yanked him hard, sending him forward and splashing into the water. She laughed excitedly at her revenge exacted, doing a small flip back into the water; if he was going to take her from her comfortable environment, then she was going to take him from his, even if it was only for a moment.

OOC//: Sorry I typed out a post yesterday and when I sent it, it cleared all that I wrote and it's been doing that to me for a week now I got so pissed I just didnt even try to repost.

Breaking the surface of the water with annoyance he watched as she laughed happily; a smile slipped on his face as he dove into the depth of water now more than ever, thankful for being part of the undead. His still heart not needing to pump blood and his brain not needing oxygen; he couldnt remember the last time he'd simply swam just to swim. He pushed deeper feeling the water pressure press against his body, tryin to compact his solid form.

Maya dove under the water along with Damion, gliding smoothly through the water and at a faster pace than he. She circled around him like a dolphin circles around his or her friend, lightly tapping him with her tail. She squealed in excitement for the moment, spinning in cirlces, swimming around him and floating through the water. She eventually ended up at the very bottom of the glass tank, burying her hands and fin in the sand and laughing at the ticklish feeling. Her eyes followed the vampire that now explored her underwater world, the mermaid dislodging her body from the sand and swimming back up to him. She floated in front of him, her big purple eyes staring into his crimson ones and her black curly locks floating about her head.

((It's okay. I understand. ^.^ I hope it doesn't give you anymore trouble.)

Damion paused in his drifting when Maya made her way back towards him their eyes locking as they floated infront of each other. He smirked and slowly reached out to run both his hands through her hair as it spread out behind her, as his had done. He hated to admit to even himself but she facinated him as no one could.