THE FOREST| a unique rp

How do you like the idea of rping plants?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OPEN SIGNUPS - THE FOREST| a unique rp

Hello there. I am a recently new member looking for review on my rp and applicants.

The Forest(or TF) is a advanced roleplay unlike any other. That being because it features trees/plants. This rp isn't based off of anything, it simply was an idea that I decided to introduce.

Reviews and Applications will be greatly appreciated.

So... I'm gonna be really honest, here, because you seem genuinely interested in reviews... And I will do my best to present this in what I hope is a constructive manner.

I am all for creative and unique roleplays, and while the set up for this one is very well done and your writing is lovely... I have to say I would not be remotely interested in this if I were looking for a new story to join. Frankly put, it sounds like it would be boring as all heck. There's no real room for development... No depth or drama or emotional investment. I mean... One or two paragraphs is one thing... But post after post of trees and plants internal monologue and introspect about the sun or photosynthesis? It's literally watching grass grow.

I think you have the makings of a great GM... But if I were you I would probably consider a broader and more social form of storyline/genre for your next project... Something a little more interactive and exciting to write?

Best of luck!

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
So... I'm gonna be really honest, here, because you seem genuinely interested in reviews... And I will do my best to present this in what I hope is a constructive manner.

I am all for creative and unique roleplays, and while the set up for this one is very well done and your writing is lovely... I have to say I would not be remotely interested in this if I were looking for a new story to join. Frankly put, it sounds like it would be boring as all heck. There's no real room for development... No depth or drama or emotional investment. I mean... One or two paragraphs is one thing... But post after post of trees and plants internal monologue and introspect about the sun or photosynthesis? It's literally watching grass grow.

I think you have the makings of a great GM... But if I were you I would probably consider a broader and more social form of storyline/genre for your next project... Something a little more interactive and exciting to write?

Best of luck!
Unless they used 'plants' to refer to sentient ones; perhaps human-like plants with civilization or whatever, but since there was no elaboration at all, I doubt that's the case.

Can be found Here
Unfortunately, the roleplay lacks a plot. That's what you're missing. There has to be something driving the players to write. There has to be movement and development but because trees don't have Will, desires, emotions, or anything that inspires change and development, because there is no consciousness in trees, there's not really a roleplay there. You can write the tree growing and the tree getting sick and the fern growing near a dead tree but the only thing you can write, over all, is: grow, make, take, or use resources, die, reproduce, and... Well that's it. No?

So I think you have a cool idea but without giving it some sentience and purpose and drive, you have more of a text based simulation that would be best suited for a post every few weeks or per month to stop people from getting bored of the repetitive actions and lack of a purpose for writing.

My questions for you:
What is the point of writing a trees perspective?
Is there a plot?
Is this a story? Or just a biology journal with a fanatic's touch?
How many actions are there really and is there enough diversity to sustain a group of roleplayers?