A Timed Existence (modern tragedy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Whisper
@Sexybae
@Aqacia

Charlie prepared herself to deliver a strict response to her half-sister when she felt herself crumble inside. Luci had a magical ability to do that to poor Charlize, to just state a single request and look at her with those begging eyes for mere moments before Charlie caved into the request. She glanced back towards the back room of the Starry Skies, and not spotting her manager, she returned her attention to Luci and nodded. "I can probably fit you in around seven, if you're willing to wait until then. Usually the band playing takes a break then, they're always looking for talent to perform during the gap. I'll go and fill the spot in as soon as I can, alright?"

--

At the sudden realization that, yes, the line indeed was long- incredibly long at the Skies, Bryn's heart fell. She had already made up her mind and everything, but if she was going to go and get the Party supplies before she got to work, she wasn't going to be able to get her pick-me-up here, not by a long shot. She'd have to practically fly to the store afterwards, and with the foot traffic outside, who knew how long that could actually take? Although listening to the girl next to her and the boy, and watching her pull out an ID from her pocket, her spirits began to lift again.

"Ohmigod, you're an Ashford? That's so cool! I mean, you're probably significantly richer than anyone else on the planet..." she faltered, a little bit of gripe in her voice, "But still! Not like I've ever met someone rich or famous before. Are you going to Merth University or something? I didn't think anybody, you know, important would go there. Not like it's not a great school, though."

"Hey, wait- are you saying you could just cut through the line and get our stuff quick? Because, uhm... as horribly rude as it is, I'd love it if you could. I am in a rather big rush and I don't want to wait..." she counted the heads of those standing in the line quickly, "... for another fifteen, twenty people to order before I can just get a muffin and a coffee. I've got the cash, too."​

Eric simply observed the two girls almost unimpressed even when the id was pulled out before adding after hearing about the whole celebrity thing "it's just a bunch of people popular with others, they can go where ever they choose". His eyes looked around at the large line as he thought carefully before asking politely "If you could skip the line and get me a latte with three sugars i'd be really relieved, i'm not very used to ordering from coffee shops and don't want to risk making a fool of myself up there"

He watched the other girl as she also asked for something while he opened his wallet and got out his money, checking it would be enought to get him a latte without causing trouble for Matilda.

Koryana, purple
Koryana sat down at a table, and, instead, starting playing around with her phone. She happily ate her muffin, and drank her cocoa. Then, she noticed her death timer. It had switched to 2 years. She gasped, and stopped the drinking the cocoa. She took a small bite of the muffin, and then pocketed the muffin, wrapped in paper, and threw away the cocoa. She pushed open the door, staring at the timer. She knew to get to a safe place and see what it said then, hopefully going back to the time she had. She looked at her phone's clock; 6:30. She needed to be at work at 7:00. Koryana carefully entered the corridors, finding her room in the maze of them all. She quickly hopped into the bed, and rested for a little bit.

Jacobi, blue
Jacobi sat himself upright again, and decided to hit the town. He walked rather fast to the bus stop, and sat down on the bench. He went to his phone, and started to play Angry Birds. "High score!" he whispered to himself, moving his arm up and down in a rather unnoticeable way. He then went to his texts, and started texting his friend back home. 'Hey, its quite nice here. Already found inspir. Will txt you back after I go to a club' he texted, hitting 'Send' and waiting for a reply.

The look of dread rolled off of Charlize's face and soon enough Joe's expression mirrored it. Suddenly, Starry Skies was booming with customers of all ages and with only the other blonde at the counter, and her sister suddenly showing up, Joe had to squeeze next to Charlize and open up a second cash register. As soon as Joe got occupied, a young woman around eighteen or nineteen walked up to order her food: a chocolate chip cookie and some milk, as well as one of their cups of fruit. "It'll be ready in just a moment," Joe concluded, giving the girl her receipt and immediately going to work behind the counter. She opened up their fridge, taking out one of the bottles of white milk and clear cups of assorted fruit. She placed these items upon the mahogany counter beside the soda fountains before retreating behind the counter once more to grab the cookie and place it in their adorable little Starry Skies baggies. "Here you go hun." The blonde rang the bell that was on the counter, smiling towards the brunette for a second and then taking her place behind the register.

When she situated herself, once again, in front of the looming line of customers, Joe caught on to the conversation her coworker and her coworker's sister were having. "Isn't there only one person performing tonight Charlie?" Joe asked, trying to help out Lucina a bit since the girl looked desperate. This also wasn't an uncommon thing; the eccentric female usually came in whenever her own place of work was unable to slip her into the setlist. Her helpfulness may also be linked to her own selfishness though, since Joe was rarely around to see any gigs in general. All in all, it was a win-win for either of the girls if Charlie caved, which she always did.

Another customer came up to her side of the counter, a sour expression plastered across the gentleman's face. "May I help you sir?" She plastered a fake smile upon her lips, punching in some random buttons on her register so she didn't have to completely meet his gaze. He was incredibly tall, maybe six foot three, with a head of thinning blonde hair and a black business suit to match his attitude. He looked like he was having a rough morning. Mr. Business quickly order a cup of black coffee and a bagel, placing a shiny new debit card on the counter as Joe scrambled about in the back to collect his order.

It only took a second to grab the bagel, since he did not want it toasted, but the coffee machine was acting up so it took an extra minute of Joe hitting the side of it with a fake smile, to ease the eyes of the customers, before it began to spout out the black sludge. Good thing she had placed a styrofoam cup beneath it.

"Sorry about the wait sir," she spoke clearly, sliding the order across the counter so she could quickly slide his car and send him on his way. His sour face was beginning to put Joe in a bad mood. After returning his card, Joe watched the male glide over to an empty two-chair table in the way back of Starry Skies. "He must be waiting for someone..." She sighed, looking over at Charlie and her sister awaiting the next customer to walk up and order when they were ready.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Anna smiled and was about to repeat her order when she was swallowed up by the ever changing and pushing line. She wriggled inside the body prison. She grumbled something about having no room as she moved around, trying to get back to the front of the counter. She finally managed to get back to the front, gift card in hand. She heaved a gasp and pressed her hands to the counter, looking up at the cashier. "One Caramel Mocha Frappichino please." She said to her.

@F L Y

@Ghosty
@Whisper

Charlie glanced over at Joe in between serving customers- they were starting to get pushy, eager to get their food before the gig began. Well, she thought. At least they know when the gig is, because I certainly don't.

"I'm not sure. I didn't know we had a gig today anyway. Hey- Carla!" Charlize called over to a nearby employee. "Can you cover for me for a second?" As the girl came over to take over the register, Charlize ducked into the back room, and noting the manager not there, grabbed up the schedule on the computer, leaning over the keyboard. She scrolled through last months list and clicked on the one for today. A band was scheduled to play, with the seven o'clock break before they continued. Poetry readings at nine to ten.

She deftly typed in her sisters name and filled in the appropriate info into the seven o'clock spot- she'd done this many times before- and then saved, exited, and printed out the new schedule. Her manager always left his paperwork laying about on his desk, so it wasn't too hard to swap out the old schedule with the new. She ran it through the shredder, left a few bucks inside his pencil cup, and returned to her position at the counter.

"There. Seven o'clock, you've got a forty-five minute sitting. You owe me." she told her sister, although she was smiling.​

@Ghosty
@Rainjay

Liona

image-jpg.48164

The girls eyes lit up with pure hope and cheer as her sister told her that she would see what she could do, as the voice of Joe, Liona's half-sisters co-worker reached the blondes ears, Liona's smile only grew,

"Thank you Joe! Thanks Sis!"

She chirped before seeing that her sister disappeared to the back. As soon as Charlize reappeared Liona jumped with joy literally as she ran behind the counter and gave her sister a big hug.

"Yay!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

She exclaimed before a impatient customer approached the counter. Liona let go of her sister before saying,

"And I think I'll start repaying my debt now!"

The girl said cheerfully with a smile and a wink. She quickly grabbed one of the extra coffee shop aprons and tied one around her waist. Before setting off to help out all she could in lowering the amount of people in the crowd,

"Sorry mam' for the delay! May I take your order?"

She asked the impatient woman with a honest smile, as her face glowed with energy. The woman hissed her order of a black coffee with no sugars or cream at the girl only for Liona to quickly scurry off to make and deliver the order. She handed the woman her coffee before taking the cash that was slammed down on the counter and slipping it into the cash register,

"Thank you for your patronage! Have a wonderful day and life mam'! Next!"

Liona exclaimed before the next customer made their way to the counter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rainjay
Koryana, purple
Koryana flopped onto the bed, and nervously stared at her timer. 4 years. She faceplamed herself, then fell asleep.

Jacobi, orange
Jacobi hopped onto the bus, and sat near the back. He waited for the rickety old bus to move, and kept playing Angry Birds, taking snap shots all the while.

Status
Not open for further replies.