5. Prestige
  6. Douche
  7. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Any.
AUTHOR'S PREFACE:
Our world is crazy right now. I'm sure we all know what's going on, so I won't explain why—it's unnecessary. So, this plot aims to be relatively lighthearted (in terms of the overall premise) while offering a compelling plot with engaging characters (played by yours truly to guide the story along) and intriguing mysteries. Wow! That's a lot of promises. But I sincerely hope that you'll find something here to latch onto and immerse yourself into as a distraction from everything that's going on. Well wishes, as always, and adieu for now.

( * * * )
On an unnamed island in the Pacific Ocean, there is a massive complex housing the world's best and brightest students. In spite of there being a headmaster and a long, storied history of famous individuals who have graduated from this prestigious academy, it is shrouded in mystery. Like the island it rests on, the school, too, is unnamed, and above its entry gates is only πύλη — pýli, the Greek word for gateway. So its students and faculty have taken to calling it Gateway Academy, almost with a sort of fondness reserved for family members you see only on holidays. Hushed tones, quick glances, everything surrounding the name of the Academy has an air of danger about it. But the school itself, its subjects, reputation, and pristine beauty? Unmatched in all the world.

Welcome to the Gateway Academy, where your mind prevails! Do you think you can survive the rigorous eight year school program? Do you think you can solve the mysteries within the complex's halls? Do you think the sound of the ocean at night is [CLASSIFIED INFORMATION]? What about the [CLASSIFIED INFORMATION] and the rumbling earth below? Well, you never know until you try!

( * * * )
So! That seems like a whole lot of nothing, I guess! But this is just an interest check after all. I can go into greater detail if anyone has any questions, but for some additional details, here they are!

• The island is about 450 sq. miles big, so like 40+ something sq. miles bigger than Tahiti. The campus houses 50,000 some students, about the amount of the University of Texas at Austin, with the complex being bigger than that (about 2.5 km squared big).​
  • The complex, and the Island itself, holds many mysteries and puzzles that will be hinted at by the NPC's (as mentioned above, played by me) or explained in special events —opportunities to solve them, or better understand them, will arise, which will open up more of the story.​
  • For the sake of brevity in roleplay, classes in the Academy will NOT be written——having to manage all the classes for everyone who signs up unless they all happen to have the same class would be hell on me + boring to readers. So, instead, while classes are going on, it is up to the poster to determine if their character is: a) talking in the class, b) wandering the complex or island looking for clues or just hanging out with friends, c) in the dormitories throwing mad house parties. I'll be an overseer and try to have my own character to interact with other students, as well as the NPCs, so there's a constant stream of posts coming in and out from every participant.​
  • I do have a general outline in mind for the story! It's very, very basic for now, but in between this, making the sign up sheets (if enough people are interested!), and actually participating in the roleplay, I'll have it all eventually mapped out!​
  • By and large, mysteries, puzzles, or classes aside, this is going to be a relatively chill roleplay environment! Serious topics can be discussed, of course, but we won't be doing any wild zombie apocalypse or apocalypse stuff in general, though supernatural stuff may or may not come into play. I want this to be a world for people to be immersed in!​
  • Think of it as a slice-of-life roleplay with the added benefit of a puzzle to solve every now and then.​
So ... that's it, for now anyway! I hope this all makes sense, and as I mentioned above, I'm here to answer any questions you may have! I sure hope you all find this interesting enough to sign up, because we all need a break these days! Thanks for reading :)

Nice! That's one for the party :)

Ooo yes, I am interested! I feel strangely drawn toward distractions these days ^^

Sounds cool.

Nice, two more. Maybe I'll start making things once we get say ... 3 more, maybe? What do you guys think?