A Thousand Shining Stars ♥ Night of the Masquerade

Emeline sat in her room, glancing about at the lavish guest room with a degree of hard-pressed acceptance.

Her handmaiden, Sybyl, had insisted upon dressing her for the party, as was normal, but Emeline had sent her away. She disliked the contradiction her heart always gave her: she wanted to be alone, but couldn't stand being lonely. And it was so lonely at the top; her father kept everyone of worth at arms length from her.

Now she sat on the bed, looking beside her at the beautiful gown that had been made specifically for the event, and sighed. She didn't particularly want to wear it. She just wasn't in the mood.

Alas, her father's needs came before her own. With a grim expression spoiling her pretty features, she donned the dress - relenting for the corset and calling Sybyl back in for assistance - and headed out to mingle before the event began properly. Meet the pawns, as father would say. It would also be beneficial to introduce herself personally to the royal family. A touch of the personal always aided interborder relations.

With the weasily Sybyl at her side, Emeline stalked down the corridors, to the ballroom where, intel from Sybyl and the other servants claimed, she would find some nobility to aquaint herself with before the mask was to be worn.

[BG="#333366"]
Princess Aurora Lily F e l i c i a F a y [/BG]

[BG="#333366"]Felicia gasped as crashed into Jonathan and started teetering backwards. For a girl with quite admirable gymnastic abilities, she was quite clumsy when she was being silly. Her eyes fluttered open in surprise, her little dreamland of dancing interrupted and she opened her to mouth to give out a string of angry retorts to whosoever dared ruin her fantasy, but shut it as soon as she saw him. "Ah! Jonathan!" with a delicate gasp, she blinked away with an innocent smile. She ignored his question. She knew, just as well he did, that she did not have any explanation to escape his disappointment and neither could she be honest. She almost laughed, leaning on the arm with which he'd caught her, she feigned fainting and giggled, "You scared me, Jonathan. Could you possibly more mysterious, popping up out of nowhere like that. You won't believe what I saw, I can't wait until the masquerade tonight. You'll come with me, right?" She stood up now, clasping her hands together and looking up at him. She knew she was being a little sneaky, ignoring the fact that he was angry and trying to play it off with her excitement. She was genuinely looking forward to masquerade and she knew that Jonathan might come with her if she really insisted, but the problem was that she'd just been caught in a breach of their contract and she had to find a way to get away with it.

She blinked girlishly, fluttering her eyelashes at him, "Oh you're angry with me, aren't you?" she teased with a grin. She could see that he wasn't angry, but rather, disappointed. It was a slight dampening of her spirits to think rationally about what she'd done the way he saw it, but she couldn't possibly do that now. Not when the ball was starting, her dress was waiting, and definitely not while "the Third Pillar of Faisen looked me straight in the eye!~ Can you believe he saw me through the pouring rain and the bushes? I was absolutely terrified, but oh, I do want to meet him!"[/b] she exclaimed, and then realized that she'd said her thoughts out loud, her eyes going wide, the same way they always did when she accidentally spoke her mind without meaning to. Ah, big mistake! Jonathan isn't going to let me off easy, at all! She had to think of something, and fast, but at the rate she was thinking, she couldn't possibly get the masquerade of out her head and put some logical Jonathan-convincing thoughts in.

Ehh~ I'm in so much trouble now!

[/BG]

The Queen of Deceptia turned to see Prince Christoph in the doorway and smiled thinly. It was the most smiling she did aside from when she was attending to her honored guests. As he bowed, she nodded, raising her hand delicately and brushing aside the formality, "No matter, the ball is about to begin anyhow. You'd best return to your quarters and prepare..." she paused, gesturing to one of the higher-class servants to attend to him in case he needed something, wandering about the castle so. It was only her intuition, but it seemed she had guessed right. She found herself watching Christoph fondly, thinking of her own Ferius, who was long out of her reach, angry with his father, and angry with Deceptia as a whole. She nodded to his inquiry, "You are most kind in asking an old queen such as I, Prince Christoph. I am quite well and shall be joining you and the others tonight. I do hope you will enjoy the ball to your utmost." She turned her head slightly to acknowledge the presence of Princess Ellen and her eyes softened at the sight of the young beauty and her distinctly green hair. She nodded at her curtsy and smiled slightly again, "Princess Ellen of Versidia, welcome, you have quite the beauty of your mother..." she paused, turning to a servant that had approached her, carrying linen in his arms. They spoke quietly and then she turned to the heirs, "If you will excuse me, I suppose I shall get dressed as well. I shall see you in a short while, at the masquerade ball. Perhaps you will be keen enough to see beyond my mask." she teased, pleased with the behaviour, appearance and presence of such young, lively souls. It was happiness in her heart to see them in her own castle, a castle marked with death and secrets. She relished this days of the masquerade, for she hoped to see her son, too, in cheerful spirits.

~*~*~*~

{Time-Skip}
Night had fallen, a dark blue haze of light upon Deceptia. Within the castle, the ballroom was ready. Servants attended to the guests, ushering them to their rooms to help them prepare and dress for the masquerade. In moments, the party of the decade would begin.

[size=-2]
If Christoph had thought his earlier clothes uncomfortable, he had been quite mistaken in comparison! The stiff black jacket with rough silver threading around the buttons in a beautiful embroidered design was probably the most uncomfortable piece of clothing he had ever felt. The pants were stiff also, as though starched. Perfectly tailored to his legs, he felt like the dolls his younger sister used to dress. Sleek black boots were the only thing he approved of, but even his normally loose golden hair was kept back by a black satin hat.

The mask that Christoph donned finally was beautiful, but it itched. The rest of his face was made up by the servants - like a girl! Below the mask, they powdered his skin and touched rouge onto his lips. He tried to object, but was only greeted with the horribly bitter taste of a servant rubbing the rouging onto his tongue. "Blegh! I'm..." he sputtered "I am not a girl!" but his objections did not make a difference. Soon however, they were done. The magic they were working seemed to have succeeded.... he felt no longer like himself. Feeling dissociated, Christoph allowed himself to be led down by a servant, feeling strangely hollow as he looked at the festive beauty.

With a sigh, Christoph tried to again bring himself to reality. The clothes itched. It was time, though, the ball was beginning and he was led to a beautiful hall, bedecked in stunning decorations and amazingly exotic sights. Was he the first one down again? How did he always manage to feel socially awkward, even when no one knew it was him?
[/size]

In the Prince Ferius' chamber, the two occupants hastened to complete step one of their plan. Or rather, Raven had already donned the Prince's costume, except for the mask, and was waiting for the Prince to finish. She sighed inwardly again. Such uncomfortable clothes, as if the Prince wanted to torture himself in as many ways as possible. Perhaps he wanted to be unhappy inside as well as out. Must be an inherited trait; look at what his father was doing.

Raven patted her hair. The Prince was convinced she had bleached it in order to help the ruse. If only he'd known this was her natural hair color and the black was a simple glamour, illusion. He thought it unnecessary but the last thing she wanted was to have to explain him dying his hair black to his mother, should the mask come off. There were so many ways that could happen. Silly Prince. He never thought these things through. But animals trapped in their cages, gilded or otherwise, often became desperate when the moments of freedom, however temporary, drew near.

"Be safe, Your Highness," she cautioned, passing him a long dagger. It might have sounded like she had his welfare in mind, when it was her own she thought of. If he disappeared and she had to find his bloody corpse in an alley the next morning (and she would as she'd placed a tracking spell so subtle even the most skilled wizard would be hard pressed to detect it), chaos would erupt and that would lay waste to her cover. It would raise questions, investigations ... the sort she'd done so much to avoid. Just thinking of it now threatened to mar the indifferent look on her face but she managed to not let it show. Spoiled brat. These things would be so much simpler if royalty managed to get their heads out of their asses long enough to birth more than one heir.

Ferius took the long knife and hitched it onto his belt looking into the, as usual, impassive face of his personal attendant.

"As Always you concern is touching Raven." he replied adjusting his collar. "And I hope you were jesting about getting me engaged?"

He looked out the window, while it was a risky plan to switch places most of the risk fell on Raven, she was after all the servant. "I'll meet you back here then..." there wasn't much else to say, they had discussed everything so thoroughly there wasn't anything left to say.

Ellen had smiled while listening to the Queen's complement, feeling obligated to mutter a "thank you, your highness" before the graceful queen turned to a servant and began speaking. Afterwards, Ellen had gone off back into her room where the servants assisted her in putting on the rather foreign makeup and then putting on her mask. It was a rather simple mask that covered the area around her eyes. It was white, adorned with small jades around the spaces for the eyes, and light green feathers jutting up from the left side from the native birds of Verdisia. Keeping it attached to her face was a simple leather strap, fastened in her hair which had been combed once again.

After the servants attended to Ellen, she simply thanked them and walked out of her quarters, heading to the ball room. Being led by some servants, she found herself in the lavish ball room shortly after Christoph. I guess the others are still getting ready, Ellen guessed as she took a minute to stare around the room.

Summer dressed in her beautiful layered violet dress,and her mask entered the ballroom to see a prince and princess had already arrived, She smiled but blushed when Mason dressed in his own masquerade outfit and mask followed close behind her. He looked quite handsome although his muscles looked like they were almost ready to rip through his shirt, he stood near the entrance as Summer walked over to the young princess. She wanted to to talk to someone and she recognized the prince from earlier he seemed grumpy so she'd found she'd rather talk to the young princess with the interesting green hair.

"hello my names Summer whats yours?" she asked with a smile, Mason remained near the door preferring not to speak to anyone just yet. He had made a deal with Summer that he would follow her to the ball but he would not embarrass her by revealing that she had been forced to bring her own personal guard.

Who can breathe wearing this nonsense.

By the time Scarlette arrived to the ballroom, the Masquerade had already been filled with several colorful disguised bodies. Royalty of every station, from Lords to Princes were parading around in finery and silks like a bunch of puffed up cocks. It was both beautiful and overwhelming. And her she was stepping in to this world.

Scarlette herself was wearing a dress of velvet and satin in a deep green. Gold thread gilded the accents along with beautiful cerulean peacock feathers. Her mask matched this style, with large feathers up from the side. She thought she would likely hit some fool every time she turned around, be it with feathers or the dreadfully heavy skirts of the dress. To make matters so much worse, the corset underneath the gown was tied up so tight, she could scarcely breathe. Were royalty really so concerned with tiny waists that they marched around without a bit of air in their lungs?

Avoiding the crowd, Scarlette walked the length of the ballroom by circling around the walls. Much like a shark eying it's pray, she was trying to make a mental note of who was male and who might be an eligible male. Sometimes it was so hard to tell with the clothing and the makeup. She cursed her uncle for thinking a masquerade would be an easy place to land a rich husband!

Raven stood behind the side door that would lead straight to the dais with the King and Queen's throne and off to the side, the rest of the ball. She smirked behind the mask. Wait to get him engaged, he had said. Silly boy. She had no intention on waiting until he failed to show. She was going to land him a wife. Then he and the girl would be too busy with each other and the King and Queen would be too busy with them. That was the plan, anyways. Like all plans made since creation, several factors meant it would backfire. She had every intention on heading failure off at every pass.

Raven lifted her mask to look at the guards who relaxed visibly when they saw who it was. "Your Highness!" one of them saluted.

"Your mother is already waiting for you," the other remarked, also saluting.

She sighed. "And my father?"

"He has taken ill, Your Grace."

Another sigh. The Prince was fond of doing them and being gloomy. She pulled the mask down. Idiots, all of them. It was little wonder the Faisen King and his brats had left the monarchy as puppets instead of tearing them down at the start.

The guards opened the side doors and Raven stepped out. The King's throne was empty. The Prince's side was to stand at his father's right hand. She walked in front of the empty throne and bowed to the Queen. "Mother."

The prince left out a side way, the guards saluting unquestioningly as he passed. Though he did not notice the servant following him he didn't quite have the feeling of escape he thought he would. Into the city alone with only a longknife and years of fencing to protect him, it was a dream come true. He only hoped Raven could keep up the act.

Down the defensive embankment through he portcullis of the outer wall and over the drawbridge. He had resisted the temptation to take a horse to get out of the palace with as little notice as possible, yet still he was followed. It wasn't as if Raven was going to Allow anything to happen to the prince that would lead to unnecessary trouble.

Tybalt had found a quiet corner outside for the time being. He was still a bit preculiar compared to his siblings, he had made the greetings with all the important dignitaries but hadn't gone out of his way to meet all the guests that had come vast distances to be here. It would not have been accurate to call him anti-social, more so he wasn't interested in the fancy rules of courtship at events like these. Sure, his chief goal was to find someone he could call his own but if it didn't happen upon this night, there were still many years ahead he could.

He sat down on the edge of a balecony, with his green cape drapped over the side. His black hair was an almost perfect copy of the nighttime sky. While he sat there, he had pulled out a wooden pipe with a cat craved into it. Just then his black cat appeared and preached itself next to its master.

"Hello Hector. Glad to see you managed to sneak past all the guards."

The cat then purred. Tybalt had a certain way with animals, speaking to them, as if they could understand him. "Hahah. Don't count my luck out just yet. I've made a goal for myself and will obtain it. It's as simple as that. But for now, I'll let them prep for their ball. I'm in no rush to be anywhere. You know my luck, as third son, no one cares much about me or I'm the babe of the group. C'est la vie, I guess."

The Queen smiled softly. It was the mark of a true ruler to put the needs of his station before himself. He had voiced his reluctance to attend the ball and she had begun to worry that he might take ill as his father had. If only her husband had felt well enough to see the masquerade. All the people coming together to celebrate, their laughter and voices echoing to the heavens. But it could not be helped and she would tell him everything that had happened in the hopes of cheering him up. She opened her arms to him.

"My son, you came."

Raven saw the telltale sign of tears in her eyes. Why did royalty have to be so emotional? "Yes. I could not let you host this alone." She held the Queen's hands and squeezed it gently. The gesture put the Queen's heart to ease and then she released her.

"You should not be stuck up here with me. You should mingle and talk." Her son didn't often have the chance to be around people his age. It might lift his heart, brighten his spirits.

She nodded. "Of course, Mother." She lifted the mask to give the Queen a kiss on the cheek. It was a gesture that would also ease her mind. The Prince often kissed her on the cheek, although not as of late. Not since his view of the King had changed. By doing it, the Queen would know the Prince was making a genuine effort to be the man she wanted, despite whatever inner turmoil he wrestled with.

Raven gave the Queen another deep bow as protocol demanded and then she swept off the dais and down the steps. She would have to find the best--in this case, the most desperate--candidate for the Prince. She knew that if any woman was desperate enough, she would find a way to make things work. For example, marriage to a Prince. The most desperate candidate would bend over backwards, cluck like a chicken, all in her birthday suit for such a prize.

She was almost tempted to smirk behind her mask. That imbecile Prince would be wed in no time ... She found Scarlett circling around and the look in her eyes ... Perfect. She was sizing everyone up. Raven had seen that expression often enough, in the lowest brothels and the most magnificent castles, used on everything from steaks to women-for-the-night. She approached Scarlett and gave a deep bow. "My fairest of ladies, would you honor me with a dance?"

The layered violet dress of Summer caught Ellen's emerald eyes as she watched the other princess approach. Ellen put on a friendly smile, something that was expected of her from a very young age.

"hello my names Summer whats yours?" Summer introduced herself to Ellen.

"Oh? I'm sorry; I cannot divulge such a thing to you," Ellen reminded the other princess. "This is a masque, afterall," Ellen chuckled lightly as she looked around the room, noting the other males. Hmm, my parents did tell me to look for suitors; I guess I can start now, Ellen thought to herself, her green eyes eyeing any males within the room with a mandatory judgment. "Well, I shall be off; luckily for you, I'll keep quiet about your name," Ellen winked at the girl as she walked towards a large bowl of punch, dissappearing into a group of people who were dancing.

Summer felt so stupid at forgetting such a thing but smiled nonetheless at the politeness of the younger princess, she looked around the room trying to find a handsome prince to dance with. She glanced over at Mason who was passing for a foreign prince and she grinned hoping someone asked him to dance that would be hilarious and good for him. She started towards the center of the room but noticed a prince out on the balcony with his back to her, she smiled and decided to go out there. Whats the worst that can happen? he doesn't want to be disturbed you come back inside big deal. She walked out and over to him "Hi there" she started to say something else when she noticed the black cat, "hey you have a cat? hes gorgeous." She grinned and looked at him pure black and shiny, She really wanted to pat him but didn't know whether he would welcome a strangers touch "may i pat him?"

Calliopie tapped her foot impatiently, as their carriage moved on. The rain made it difficult to get to the ball on time, and it was driving the princess crazy. After failing her last mission, all she needed was to sit there for hours and listen to her mother, the Queen of Elloria, gossip about everyone who was going to attend and whatnot. She didn't care, nor was she really there for a good time. Either way, she was there for a JOB, to prevent bloodshed. That ruined any chances of the almost 19-year-old of having any fun at all. Uncomfortable, she shifted her weight and tried to adjust the terrible dress her mother made her wear. How could she fight in this? Grumbling to herself, she idly reached for the hilt of her sword and tapped at it with her delicate finger.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Oh well, if I have to fight eventually, I can simply ruin the dress and never have to wear it again! <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
She moved around again and finally rested against the back of the seat. They were almost there, and the gloomy rain as well as the constant chatter made it hard for Calliopie to enjoy anything. Her maroon eyes shifted from the window and the rain, to the obviously tortured handmaidens the Queen had been talking to. She felt just like they did.
At least she knew that <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State><st1:place>Cal</st1:place></st1:State> didn't care and wouldn't bother including her in the conversation.
"Calliopie, aren't you excited, dear?" Prudence asked, taking a moment to elbow her bored daughter. One glance at the Queen and you could tell where <st1:State><st1:place>Cal</st1:place></st1:State> got her looks from; her chocolate curls were all the way down her back, trailing down the seat that she shared with her daughter. She sighed when <st1:State><st1:place>Cal</st1:place></st1:State> didn't answer and placed her delicate hand on top of hers. "Please, dear…I know you aren't too excited about this, but we have to pay respects to our friends…" The normally sweet look on Pru's face melted away after her daughter ignored her. "Calliopie Ann!"
<st1:State><st1:place>Cal</st1:place></st1:State> jumped to attention and looked at her mother, trying to fake a smile. She was still stuck on the thought of having to fight in a dress. "Don't! I know this is important, but you know why I'm here. I have to make sure nothing happens and all that stuff. I get it! Mom, just please calm down and let me think. I will do my best to have fun, but that isn't the point." Her words and sarcastic smile made Prudence click her tongue and go back to chattering. At least that stopped it for a couple of minutes…
About an hour later, Prudence and Calliopie arrived at the ball. Handmaidens scattering like mad to assist them at getting out of the carriage and inside the castle, <st1:State><st1:place>Cal</st1:place></st1:State> worried if their hosts would be upset at their late arrival. Once inside her room, she changed into her gown for the ball and fixed her hair. Now, the only thing stopping her from being on the ballroom floor was a fight with Suri, one of the handmaidens.
"Your Highness! It was agreed that you were to be the opposite of your mother's costume!" The young blonde-haired woman fussed, and removed the ribbon <st1:State><st1:place>Cal</st1:place></st1:State> had placed in her hair. "Her Majesty said it was an order, for you to wear your hair down, and she shall wear hers up! I don't understa—"
Calliopie grabbed the ribbon from Suri's hands and rolled her eyes. Yes, against her will it was decided that their dresses and costumes were to be opposite. Prudence would be wearing all white, while <st1:State><st1:place>Cal</st1:place></st1:State> wore black. She remembered well the painstakingly long time it took for the tailor to make two exact gowns, in every aspect. However, there had been no agreement between mother and daughter on how her hair was to be worn! If there was, she most-likely wasn't paying attention anyway. "Suri, I swear…if you weren't my friend, I would have strangled you by now. You know what I'm here for- could my mother possibly make it harder for me to do my job, other than controlling what I wear and how I do my hair?!"
Suri gave one of her locks a nice pull and grinned. "Her Majesty said: "white dress, hair up and black dress hair down"! so, deal with it…"
Moments later, Calliopie and her mother made their way into the ballroom.
"Now introducing: Queen Prudence, and Calliopie, of Elloria." After a dance-stopping announcement, the young princess fixed her mask to make sure they couldn't see her blush. God, this was going to be way too much…
She stuck by her mother's side as they moved through the crowd, and when she got the chance- <st1:State><st1:place>Cal</st1:place></st1:State> managed to hug the nearest wall. Sighing, she studied the guests.

The outer gate provided more trouble.

"We're sorry but we're under strict order by the king not to let anyone leave."

"Do you even know who I am?'

"Yes your highness now we're going to take your royal arse back to the ball where you belong."

Flanked my two if his father's men he was marched back to the palace without much ceremony. Right up to the doors of the ballroom the men seeming not to hear anything he said. Seemed his night on the town had been canceled.

"I don't even have a mask." he pointed out in reply to which one of the guard picked up a helmet from one of the suits of armour flanking the doors and shoved it roughly onto the prnice's head before they both opened the door and pushed him in unannounced.

"Damn I really didn't want to come here he muttered skirting the wall keeping an eye out for Raven he didn't see the girl until it was too late.

"Oh sorry." he exclaimed straitening the metal helmet after bumping into Calliopie. "Its hard to see in this thing."

"Oh, sorry…" Calliopie staggered to the side and winced a little. The darn dress was so constricting and the stupid heels she was wearing were too much! Struggling to readjust herself, she glanced up at the person who ran into her and smiled. Music from the orchestra once began to fill the room, and she gave the stranger a quick bow.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
"Didn't you pick your own costume?" She asked sweetly, laughing a bit. "I didn't really pick mine, but at least I only have to wear it for one night…" <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State><st1:place>Cal</st1:place></st1:State> glanced down at her black gown and sighed. The mission was still on her mind, but for now- she might as well try to enjoy herself. A servant passed by with some wine and she grabbed two glasses, said her thanks and handed the stranger one.
A couple of glasses of wine later, and she would be able to focus. For now, one would do.
Leaning back up against the wall, she began to try and chat with the man. "You look like you're feeling how I am. I'm not really one to enjoy dancing parties, in fact; I don't ever really dance…" She sipped at the wine and noticed her mother dancing around with someone and scoffed. Of course, the Queen was lapping up all of the attention with a spoon.

"Hrmm?" Tybalt said when a young girl came up to ask if she could pet Hector. He had been day dreaming again and she had broke his train of thought. "Go ahead." He then turned around so he'd come face to face with this stranger. "Hello there. His name is Hector. I named him after the hero of Troy from the epic poem called the Illiad by Homer. If he tells you anything, don't believe him. He's a rather flamboyant story teller."

Ferius tapped the full helm with his knuckle. "Nope I was dragged here, literately! While trying to get out of the palace, But its not all bad since theres no way to tell who anyone is." He accepted the glass and raised it in a mock toast "To the ball and the masked beauties you bump into."

Getting the glass to his lips in a helmet proved more difficult so with a glance to the side to make sure no one was looking he raised the visor to take a gulp sliding it around his mouth a bit before swallowing.

"Well I hope you don't recognize me as easily as the guards did or my mother will kill me for breaking the 'don't show your face' rule these things have. Shes the one that did most of the official organizing."

"My mother practically dragged me here as well. If she wasn't such a monsterous woman, I would be back in Elloria..." She joked, raising a hand to gently fix the man's collar. Once it was finished, she felt a bit strange- hopefully he wouldn't take her gesture the wrong way.

Due to her past expiriences, most men HATED women who did things like that.

"Here, here! And thank you sir..." Cal grinned and joined in on the toast. After a quick sip, she soon downed the entire glass. While she was doing that, she snuck a peek at the man's face. Instantly, her face turned red, but she tried her hardest to keep her composure. His true identity was still unknown to her yet, he seemed strangely familliar. However, the young princess couldn't place her finger on exactly WHO he was. The lively music ended and soon went into a waltz; she watched as people all around them paired up, except for them and a select few.

As everyone began to dance, her mother noticed her out of the corner of her eye. She had paired up with a man in a Venetian mask, bowed and began to dance. She tried not to grumble to herself, at the fact that Calliopie was RIGHT NEXT to someone and STILL wasn't dancing. Rolling her eyes, the queen went back to enjoying her night. If Calliopie wasn't going to make an effort to find a decent suitor, than perhaps she would have to crack down and assign one herself. That was only a slight thought in her mind, to be the consequence of her daughter, when they arrived back home. For now, it was about keeping up appearances.

Calliopie gave the man another grin and spoke. "You can call me Ann." As a servant passed, she left her empty glass on his tray before he could move on. "It's my pleasure to meet you..."