A Thousand Shining Stars ♥ Night of the Masquerade

Rorehniichan's character is perfect :D

Alarice~ heheh =D

Kittichan~ Sank yuuu <3

Kitty Kat~ When we have enough characters :) Don't worry, I'll let you know when I put up the IC

Character Name: Emeline

Kingdom: Kingdom of Faisen

General Appearance: Long, wavy dark hair, usually with a flowers pinning it out of her face. She has high cheekbones and a rounded chin. Her Rubinesque body is always hidden by plenty of layers, betraying her inner shy nature.

*Masquerade Appearance: She opts for a butterfly-themed mask and dress for the masquerade, in different shades of blue, of course.

lg_butterfly.jpg

General Personality: Emeline is a good at tact, even under stress. She can be quite the stuffed-shirt, as all her moods are handled with the utmost politeness. She appreciates her siblings to a degree, but can get irritated with their tactics. She is the middle child, and easy to ignore, cementing her ability to control from the sidelines. She struggles with the thought of being overlooked and has deep-seated fears of isolation, and clings to company. She is quite ambitious, but rather than using force, she prefers to use subtle manipulation. She's very concerned about others, but for largely selfish reasons.

General History: Emeline's history is a fairly simple one - as the middle child she's always worried her siblings will steal her limelight. She chose to remain closely under her father's thumb rather than branching out to do her own thing. Lately, though, she's been feeling restless; she wants something else, something new, and has begun to enjoy seeing the sights of other kingdoms.

Accepted :D
Thank you for joining =D

EDIT:

Here's mine :D Gonna add it to the list up there :)

Current Name: Felicia Fay
Original Name: Aurora Lily (Memoi)
Kingdom: Memoi
General Appearance: She almost always looks windblown and bright-eyed, cheeks flushed red as if she'd just run through a field of wildflowers screaming at the top of her lungs. And yet, there's a serious, almost haunting queerness to her face when she isn't smiling. While she's not infiltrating the palace or taking risks in the royal gardens, Felicia doesn't bother to dress like a princess. Her casual attire consists of ninja-inspired pleated dresses with colorful sashes around her waist that tie into large bows with ribbons at the back, knee-length leggings, and a pair of black boots. Flowers and leaves linked into her layered black hair and almost always, the strangest, but the most pleasant smell of roses lingering about her.
*Masquerade Appearance: She decided to dress up, knowing that if she didn't, she wouldn't be able to sneak into the party.
Beautiful_Lonely_Girl_by_Drack77.jpg
Pretty Mask :D
General Personality: Felicia is generally a quiet girl. She prefers to observe people before letting her true personality known, but that makes her all the mysterious to strangers. She has a way of making people feel at ease, perhaps due to her naive and trusting nature, but all in all, she is more intelligent than she lets off, has a scary temperament when provoked to anger and can be a little overconfident when it comes to her abilities. At her most comfortable, Felicia is outgoing, childish and uncanny, she doesn't wait for people to tell what to do and takes unpredictably wild risks for a young girl. She'd rather live a life of adventure than do her chores at the orphanage every day. Despite being such a tomboy, Felicia loves the mystery of a masquerade ball. Felicia is capable of being stubborn, she often argues with Adrian and finds herself debating over her adventures because of his protective nature. She often confides in him from time to time, Adrian being her only link to her myserious past and more importantly, one of her cherished childhood companions.
General History: Felicia Fay remembers nothing of her childhood before she was seven years old, which is a big, blank gap in her mind. She grew up in an orphanage in one of Deceptia's largest cities, but was soon sent to an orphanage closer to the royal lands when grew older, possibly because she would be able to help around with the chores. Although Felicia is content with her adventurous, risk-taking lifestyle, she feels a void in her heart where her memories should be. You could say, this is like the darker side of her bright personality. The one reason why Felicia finds it difficult to be optimistic is because she is afraid of what she doesn't know. It bothers her from time to time because she chooses to ignore the painful feeling. Adrian's presence is one of the things that reminds Felicia to be hopeful and happy. Together, as children they bonded because of their identical petal-marks as well as their amnesia. She finds his ideas and behavior quite pleasant in contrast to her own and is often excited to involve him in her silly, sometimes dangerous ploys.

Character Name: Marx Elroy

Kingdom: Kingdom of Faisen

General Appearance:
[align=center]
Dark.jpg
[/align]

*Masquerade Appearance:
[align=center]
Custom_Jeweled_Dragon_Mask_by_merim.jpg

General Personality: Blunt but still manages to carry on conversation. His determination is what drives him and nothing matters more than that in a battle of strength. Despite his attitude a battle of wits is also in his grasp however he has been known to fall for advanced trickery.

General History: The oldest of the Three Pillars, Marx, has grown from a child knowing his true future. He always thought of taking hold of the Kingdoms to himself but secrets are always kept within each individual. He wanted honor more than anything, and having the public forced to be honorable to you is a skewed line where he grew up.

Marx had always held morals high but those morals were manipulated into being flexible to the time. This in turn led him to the training of the large sword he works with. Not exactly a discreet weapon but one of his favorites. During this portion of his life he also was taught proper manners and social etiquette making him have some kind of disguise in public.

This has been his life up until now and he has worked every day for a chance like this ball. The future, he hopes, will unfold in his favor.

*Plots to kidnap Sakura's character*

I have made my sign up! 8D I was nervous if you were gonna freak out if I made up some stuff about a neighbouring kingdom, so please tell me if I need to change that whole bit >_<;.

Character Name: Ellen Farrows
Kingdom: Verdisia
Verdisia: Is a neighbouring kingdom to the southwest that is known for its beautiful wild flowers and large, expansive gardens in the capital of Verdin. Most notably, though, is the presence of people with green hair! The mutation appeared amongst the royals of Verdisia hundreds of years ago and has eventually spread throughout the populace. About a quarter of all Verdisians have lime-blond or green hair. The weather is mostly sunny with the occasional rain that grows more frequent in Spring. It feels like Spring year-round except for the summer in which the temperatures can get very high.
History of Verdisia: Verdisia was a small kingdom about a quarter the size of New York City until it warred with the larger nation of Amran. Despite all odds, Verdisia defeated Amran after draining it economically. Verdisia invaded, but kept the royals alive, albeit removing their aurthority over the land as Verdisia claimed Amran as theirs. Verdisia encompasses 2,000 square miles (around 5200 square kilometers)
General Appearance:

General Personality: She is very obediant and intelligent. She's the goody-two-shoes kind of kid that's also a snitch and not afraid to rat out her friends if they're doing something wrong. She has few friends because of this and subsequently many that dislike her. She sees playing fair in the system as a thing that will give her power later on. She hates it when others try to rebel or go against the system.
General History: Ellen was born as an infanta of the King and Queen of the neighbouring kingdom Verdisia. Ellen was one of two daughters that the Queen and King of Verdisia had. Ellen was originally not the crown princess, and was taught to be obediant and accept her lower status in the family. She was taught how to behave well and was schooled privately like most other aristocrats. However, her sister Beth, who was only the crown princess because her hair was more green* than hers and was the crown queen was rather wreckless.

Ellen tried to save her sister from ruining her own life as Beth ran away with a lover who had managed to evade the detection of the King and Queen's (poorly trained) guards, only to never come back. Since then, Ellen has become the crown princess of Verdisia, and will become Queen once she marries a suitor chosen by the Queen herself and the King passes.

Green*: The infanta with the greenest hair and eyes gets to be the next Queen/King in Verdesia. The trait came from a mutation due to the royalty in-breeding that happened before about 50 years ago when the current King and Queen broke the tradition of incest by marrying each other despite not being of the same royal lineage. The Queen was the daughter of aristocrats who were once royalty from a kingdom that Verdisia had conquered in the Verdesian-Amran War 100 years prior to the present.

I hope some male charries sign up soon, or this is going to be a real melon-fest! XD

*Plots to kidnap Sakura's character*

Oh noes xD

I have made my sign up! 8D I was nervous if you were gonna freak out if I made up some stuff about a neighbouring kingdom, so please tell me if I need to change that whole bit >_<;.

No need to change any of it all :D Ellen is unique and the Kingdom of Verdisia is awesome :D I love the bit about the green hair mutation and the general history of the royalty :) Originally, I had planned on listing up a couple of random neighboring kingdoms with descriptions and allowing people to pick, but then I thought this way would be better for creative players. ;) I got lucky because you came up with something pretty cool :D
Thanks for signing up :D

I hope some male charries sign up soon, or this is going to be a real melon-fest! XD

Hmm.. Now that you mention it, I notice we might have a problem there xD
TIME TO RECRUIT SOME MANLINESS xD

IN IMPORTANT NEWS : I'll add this little bit to the updates section, but just so you can have a heads up :D
The history of the Memoian x Deceptian War is commonly known as a complete Deceptian victory. According to general accounts, the armies clashed outside of Memoian lands and the Deceptians thoroughly conquered and pillaged the Memoians, taking the people to Deceptia and killing the entire royal family.
However, the truth (the survival of the heirs and the late Memoian King's powers) is only known to a select few:
The King of Deceptia. The Three Pillars of Faisen (have been told by their father, the former king of Faisen), & the Faisen Assasins.
This means that the knowledge of the petal-scar is only known to these people and will remain between these people unless they spread the secret.*
(*If you have an idea and would like your character to know the 'truth'~ PM me, it can be arranged)
I wasn't sure if I had made this clear, so I wanted to ;D

Character Name: Prince Christoph Andredi Thier
Kingdom: Thierran.
Kingdom History*:
The religion of Thierran states that the leader of their kingdom and the first king was the son of their goddess, and he was named Thier. She laid him down in a grape flower and sent him on a breeze. When he arrived in the most fitting land, it is said, he planted the flower and it grew into the healthy Thierran vines that now exist in their countryside. While the story might not be true, the grape vines of Thierran are legendary. The finest wines come from this sloping, green countryside. The king and queen are grounded folk who enjoy their drinking celebrations as much as any peasant.
General Appearance:
dirtyboy.jpg
*Masquerade Appearance:
The mask that Christoph dons looks like this.
Aside from that, he wears black dress pants, and a black formal shirt with white buttons down the front and silver trim.
General Personality: Mild and even-tempered, he is not prone to fits of temper or anything terribly deviant from his normally cheerful attitude. Solid and loyal, with a straightforward thought process.
General History:
The kingdom of his birth is wealthy, but small and the rulers have always been very down-to-earth. Christoph is powerfully muscles because he spent his summers working in the royal vineyards. Unwittingly, his parents plunged him in to chaos by accepting the invitation to the ball, but their greatest hope was to push their beloved only son into finding a woman that took his fancy.

Here to make the balance even worse and complicate the plots! XD

Character Name: Scarlett Coheedan
Status: Pretend Princess (She is actually a servant posing as a foreign princess!)
Kingdom: Labarin
Kingdom History*: Labarin is a teeny tiny little spot of land belonging to her Uncle, Prince Jareth. They are known for delicious pears and honey bees. (Or would be if it was a real kingdom.)
General Appearance: A Ginger red-head with hazel eyes. Strong solid body standing 5'6", moderate curves and bust. She isn't grandly beautiful, bit neither is she an eyesore. Scarlett has features that makes it easy for her to blend in and not be noticeable.
Masquerade Appearance: A deep green dress with gold trim and peacock feather design. Her Uncle spent the last of their money to get it, but it was well worth it! The effect is impressive.
General Personality: Scarlett is down to earth and realistic. She knows her place in the world and where she belongs. But she doesn't have much of a back bone for defending herself and is easily intimidated by stronger individuals. For the moment she is stretching her acting skills, acting differently with each person and trying to be the kind of girl they would like to marry. She's after a husband.
General History: Scarlett was born a peasant and grew up a peasant! She's been working her entire life. When her parents died she was put in to the care of her Aunt and Uncle. The pair were always trying to come up with schemes and ideas on how to "better" themselves and their station. Usually it was just harmless schemes and trickery. Get rich quick plots. But now... Now her Uncle has the grand idea of <i>marrying</i> in to money. Here they are with an attractive young woman, perfect age for getting married. The Plan? Come to the Masquerade and other events posing as a princess and find a good desperate RICH man. Scarlett isn't really keen on the idea. But these people took her in and cared for her, how can she say no?

NPC
Uncle Jareth Coheeden: The man enjoys intrigue and playing games. He also enjoys ridiculous over the top frippery and indulgence. He stays nearby trying to help build bridges and find Scarlett that rich sucker to make him them rich.

Aunt Urial Coheeden: Aunt Uriel is a lazy beast, that she can't even make it to the parties. She does, however, have plenty of opinions and advice on how to land a man.

Yay, more womenz.

:D Kittichan~ he's great, thank you for joining :) I love the little bit about the Thierran grape vines ;]

:O Dananachan~ OMG you're right xD Scarlett is going to create some fun trouble 8D IMPOSTERS UNITE~ Scarlett and Felicia should become friends xD

xD Rorehniichan~ sillyboo :D

Okay~ Since we have the Three Pillars of Faisen & some Royalty, we'll start soon :D

I just want to give Miruniichan & Alarice some time for their characters before we start :)

You need to make Alarice's name sound moeblob too.

*shows up on a gleaming white horse, a long mane of hair billowing behind him as he removes his knightly helm* your manliness has arrived and will be putting up a profile soon!

Rorehniichan~ Felicia isn't moeblob-ish xD

Kaze-kun~ SANK YU VERY MUCH <3 /rejoices/

UPDATE: positions for the Memoian Heirs and Faisen Pillars are taken. We have neighboring kingdom heirs, Faisen assassins, & normal sneaky people (coughScarlettcough) left :D

I know alot of you have already signed up with profiles, but this doesn't need to be added to them. Just keep it in mind when you're roleplaying :D
Talking to Alarice reminded me, so thank you Alarice :)

MAGIC GUIDELINES

For the THREE PILLARS OF FAISEN & the MEMOIAN HEIRS
The former King of Faisen & the late King of Memoi are both noted by history to be magic users, wizards even. This makes their children (direct bloodline descendants), the Three Pillars of Faisen & the Memoian Heirs wizards/magic users as well. It's safe to say that the Three Pillars of Faisen have been taught and trained in their magic by their father. And the Memoian Heirs learned as children, but because of their brainwashing, will only be able to use their powers fully (meaning at the moment, only a small amount of magic capability) once their identities as heirs are revealed.
[I'm leaving the type of magic, the spells, and the abilities up to you as the roleplay progresses. I'd hate to restrict people with one element and such, but please do use discretion and I trust you won't go overboard ;D]

For Faisen Assassins
The former King of Faisen, in a formidable attempt to strengthen his assassins to deliver complete success, used an ancient wizardly magic, long forbidden to humans, called the 'Blood Rituals'. In this process, the King created a magical contract of loyalty in which he bound his assassin's unconditional loyalty to his blood. The king's blood, containing the magical powers of his wizardry was then transferred through surgery to the assassin's body. In this way, if the assassin betrays the will of the king, he will suffer as the king wills, even possibly death. (There are however counter rituals to this, but can only be performed by someone at the same level of wizardry as the King himself). Furthermore, the Blood Rituals of his many assassins took a great deal of blood from the king, making him sickly in old age. This is one of the reasons why he decided to resign from his position and name his children, the Three Pillars of Faisen as the official leaders of their kingdom.

Faisen Assassins as magical users have only limited powers, thus they are restricted to one or two elements or other types of powers as specialties. This is mostly for the balance of magical power in regards to magic content in the bloodline.

For Other Heirs / Peoples

If you have a plot idea or absolutely need your character to have some kind of magical power, PM me :D I'm sure we can work something out with the bloodlines and find a way for your character to be a magic user.

Thanks everyone ;D
**I'm adding this to updates for reference ;)
PM me or post any questions if you need to.

*Grabs up last Memorian heir spot and runs off with it!*

Name: Ferius Parsius
Kingdom: Deceptia
Kingdom History: Won a war it never wished to fight by means not allowed.
General Appearance:
HOWL.jpg
Masquerade Appearance:
comic-con-2009-masquerade-contest-1.jpg
General Personality: Patriotic and charismatic on the surface with a touch of flare. Do douse nonetheless believe the war against Memoria was just though does not know the circumstances through which it was won. He has never forgiven his father for starting the war or ruthlessly killing the Memorian royal family all those years ago.
General History: The courts of Deceptia is a place of shadows, soft spoken lies and words that say one thing yet mean another. All this hides the fact that the royal family are powerless, pubic figureheads with very little real power. Born right into the center of this one had to toe the line very carefully. The truth and popular sentiment rarely in agreement to survive, even as a prince one had to love and be loved, to avoid scandal and most importantly never guess that truth of who really pulled the strings of the kingdom.

Will finish in a bit Saku