A Taste Of Freedom {OOC}

Status
Not open for further replies.
2ens0ug.png

35kmjxu.jpg

[glow=teal]"Someone famous said that there is beauty in death.
And trust me, I've looked hard for that said beauty, but I just don't see it.
I really, really don't."
[/glow]

AKOUF'N - I Bet My Life (Imagine Dragons Cover)

divider4.png
Data 01000001
"The subject has been suffering from the symptoms of insomnia since the first day. Appears to have trouble sleeping consecutively through the night. Often awaken by night terrors several times during delta sleep. REM-stage achieved only with medication. Prone to anxiety during daylight hours."
Subject: 4491326
Name: Remington Alfred Carmichael
Nickname: Remy
Sobriquets: Gentle Giant, Freckles, Freckled Jesus, Zombie Boy
Date of Birt: June 17
th
Zodiac Sign: Gemini ♊
Sex and Gender: Male, Masculine
Sexuality: Demisexual
Blood Type: B+
Height: 6'5''
Weight: 176 lbs (during latest weighing)
Race: Caucasian, East-European Region
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Note 1: Our Japanese colleagues have been finding subject's code humorous for some reason. Our branch still remains mystified.

Note 2: The administration let the subject keep its birth given name that was given to it before arriving to the facility for psychological reasons. However, 4491326 keeps denying its first name rather strongly and demands to be called by the abbreviation of it.

Note 3: 4491326 is a cis male, and has not been showing much sexual interest in other subjects this far, though some certain individuals seem to make the subject react positively. Future breeding may yet still be an option, and should not be closed off. Also seems to react to same sex subjects. This may pose a problem for future breeding.
divider4.png

30viq21.png

divider4.png
Data 01000010
"Subject may appear big and masculine on a first glance, but harbors such gentleness and kindness that has made me and my colleagues give 4491326 the pet name Gentle Giant. The subject's personality seems to be in dire contrast with the ability, which we suspect is the reason for the psychological consequences, because 4491326 seems to experience distress during training and testing."

Appearance: Remy is the tallest male subject in the whole facility, and due to his prominent height, he stands out a lot. He is more to the lanky side, but does have some muscle on him, so Remy does not just resemble a humongous Q-tip that could be snapped in two. His height and muscle mass seems to be pretty well balanced, giving him strong looking limbs and wide shouldered, strong back. The facility workers make sure their subjects remain healthy and in shape, which is why like most of the residents, Remy also has rather low fat percentage and has an athletic build. Remy is born with naturally darker complexion, giving him an olive brown shade that is adorned with freckles in almost every spot. His hair is dark brown and he has eyes to match that look almost black in most lighting. He prefers keeping his hair short, and has an undercut. Remy has an angular face shape, with a strong jawline and a straight nose with a rounding tip that makes his face seem less sharp, giving him more softer features. His expressions tend to be kind and honest, and the thin lips tend to be pulled into a smile, which seems to be his subconscious default reaction to almost anything. Another note worthy thing about Remy is that he tends to get easily embarrassed and thus blushes even easier, so seeing him cheeks flushed red is not really anything unusual. He really does wear his heart on his sleeve.
Personality: Remy is very patient and tolerant, and harbors almost a saint like kindness and gentleness like a Freckled Jesus, and does not seem to have a single bad bone in his body. He accepts his fellow subjects as they come, and not getting along with him is almost impossible. He is like little ray of sunshine inside the hellhole. Remy tends to be the type who puts someone else's needs before his, and is known to help his friends without question in the times of need, and sometimes getting into trouble for it, and often taking the the blame from others. Due to his altruistic personality, Remy may appear naive, but he regards himself as a good judge of character and does not let himself be played by others easily. Yes, he may be tall like a skyscraper, but the elevator goes all the way to the top floor. Remy is in fact a very smart boy with a top notch intuition, and he is good at reading the situation and the people around him. Most of the subjects are folded in on themselves, and where there is hidden sorrow and pain, Remy usually sees it and offers comfort in his own little ways. But just because the young man is not easily provoked does not mean he does indeed not get frustrated at times. However, whenever Remy is on a bad mood, he rather withdraws into himself and into seclusion to avoid taking it on others around him; during these times he may appear silent and serious, the usual smiling expression replaced with an uncharacteristic pout. It is hard to anger the boy, but when you manage that, you wish you hadn't. As the saying goes, most chill people are the most terrifying when they get angry, and this stands true whenever Remy is considered.

divider4.png

241nzhs.png

divider4.png
Data 01000011
"4491326 has the tendency to get distracted, by what appears to us, nothing in particular. Between infancy and the beginning of subject's adolescence stage, 4491326 would often claim there was someone else in the room beside the people present, often expressing great distress and fear. We put it first into the tab of vivid imagination and later on we started to get concerned about these delusions. Until we found out that we were just ignorant, blind even. Subject 4491326 simply sees something the rest of us do not."

Likes: Being called Remy instead of his first name or subject code. Being treated equally, like an actual person and not dismissed as a specimen. Hanging out with the fellow subjects that he regards as friends, especially Evie who is his best friend and Rook who is... a good friend. Subjects that are not completely whacked up in the head, and know actually some degree of sophisticated behavior. Good conversation partners. Enjoying fresh air, feeling the sunlight on his skin. When someone takes him seriously and believes in him, and him being able to put trust on the opposing party. When Evie or someone else is there with him during the night to make sure he sleeps well and feels safe. Cuddling with people in his sleep, cuddling with people when he is awake; just overall friendly cuddling. Helping out others from small things like reaching items from top shelves to listening to someone's worries, and all the way to executing reckless plans together for the sake of a greater purpose. Remy appreciates a good laugh, dry sense of humor and witty banter. When there are no Creeps in the room with him, or when a Creep does not seem to be paying any interest towards him. The Kinds that want nothing in return and choose to help him beyond the grave; by offering knowledge such as things they have heard being said, giving their energy to him to use -- especially spirits of children tend to be like this. Dead bodies that do not smell and do not look so bad, especially animals, that can be called back for a while to experience life once more.

Dislikes: Being called with his first name or subject code. Tests that include needles or taking specimens from his body, such as drawing blood or the like; he especially despises having to give bone marrow samples, because they hurt the most. Innerly freaks out a little bit whenever he overhears someone talking about dissecting his brain; lately it has been brought up more frequently, and this makes Remy suspect he might not have that much time left. The Creeps that refuse to leave him alone, are especially intrusive, and look especially grotesque. Especially strong Creeps that are bitter and have learned to harness their energy in a way they can harass the living in the Physical world. Creeps that want vengeance and want to use Remy to do their bidding, and do not know to take a no for an answer -- until Remy forces it on them. Having to reanimate badly decomposed bodies, animal or human, it does not matter, because nobody deserves to be brought back to a broken vessel like that. Freaky people; some of the subjects that have few too many screws on the loose, because they kind of unsettle him a little bit. The scientists that have absolutely no regard to him or his fellow subjects as human beings or acknowledge their rights to human treatment. Especially cruel tests that are inflicted on him or anyone for the sake of statistics or whatever; he or anyone else is not only a number on a chart. And last and foremost, hitting his head into door frames or objects hanging from the ceiling or walls.
divider4.png

2z5lv2e.png

divider4.png
Data 01000100
"Lately 4491326 has been reporting at getting better dealing with "The Creeps" as the subject refers to them. 4491326 reports to being able to sometimes command the apparitions and force its will down on them, making them leave the subject alone or do the bidding of it. 4491326 has also improved in controlling the vessels we have provided. At least the failed subjects have not gone completely to waste."

Power: Necrokinesis – Ability to manipulate the dead

Necrokinesis is basically what we know as Necromancing; the power to control the dead, spirits and corpses. The most commonly people with Necrokinetic abilities are reported being able to hold conversations with the dear departed, and often these people end up as Mediums to shows that most people regard as complete humbug. However, true Necrokinetics do not only communicate with the spirits, but also control them and what is the most well remembered in stories about the Necromancers, are be able to reanimate the corpses. Being a successful Necrokinetic demands willpower and a grounding personality, and sadly more than often, the sanity of the wielder of the said power. Having to deal with the dead can be both very mentally and emotionally draining experience, and when you have to deal with that personally every day of your life, it can really eat you from the inside.

Skill: Sometimes Remy feels like he is the boy from the movie the Sixth Sense that claims he can see dead people. For him, the movie just never stopped rolling. Since small, Remy is reported to have been talking about unknown presences; vivid imagination friends and hostile boogeymen alike. In this case, it has not been imagination, as Remy sees the spirits of the dead with naked eye unlike anyone else, and can communicate with them as he would be communicating with anyone else on his daily life. Sometimes he has been told of acting uncharacteristically, very unlike himself, as if he has been possessed by something and turned into a completely different person. Which has been exactly the case, as Remy can offer his body temporarily for a spirit to share with himself; however, there will be only room for one, so the other has to leave eventually or be consumed into energy by the other with a stronger willpower. And what brought Remy into the facility, was his ability to bring back the dead into their broken bodies, like he did to his family dog that really unsettled his parents. He may also force a spirit into a body that has not been prior their own, animal or human it does not matter, and then excess ultimate control on the dead by reanimating the corpse with the energy of the spirit. At best, Remy can raise hordes of undead as long as there is corpses and spirits around, and then usurp their will and direct them at the enemy. Naturally, Remy would be strongest around cemeteries, morgues and mass graves. He may also tell if something exceptionally horrendous has gone down, like a very brutal murder or massacre, around a certain area as these kind of things leave spiritual afterimages behind. These afterimages usually manifest themselves around the hour of the day in the area the horror has happened, and keeps replaying again and again into eternity, refusing people like Remy to unsee the things he wishes he would have never had to witness.

divider4.png

30svgvn.png

divider4.png
Data 01000101
"Unlike most, 4491326 is one of the least institutionalized subjects. 4491327 has shown no problems with spending time alone and taking care of its own needs without instructions or supervision. The subject is one of the calmest ones and capable of rational thinking, able to be independent and be trusted with more complex tasks. 4491326 has shown intelligence that is not well measured with academic results. We believe this what they call 'street smarts' out there."
Survival Skills: When Remy has free time, he often requests books from the staff. He reads a lot, usually fiction, but also sometimes more practical books. During the years he has picked up some useful skills from the books, and learned many more things that he would have easily left unlearned without them and probably turned into a very different person. The Kinds sometimes also offer him knowledge and visions of the world outside, entertaining him with brief and simple stories of the times when they used to be alive. Remy is an observer and a listener, and is known to pay attention to details. He has some basic knowledge about outside world and how to use it to stay alive; animal behavior, climates, vegetation, finding shelter and building a camp. He is also an excellent map reader. Due to his little spirit friends, finding game should be little easier. But most importantly, he has been showing deep interest in healing; Remy has a gentle touch and healer's hands, and with the medical books he has been reading, he knows some first aid and more complex way to save a life. And hey, if he fails, er, he can always bring you back! Eh, eh? ...What? No?Darwin Award Points: Laying low and hiding; it is not exactly easy to find places to hide behind when you're six feet and five inches. Remy could be good at finding game in the wild, but he doubts he has in it in himself to end a life, unless absolutely necessary. He sees the dead enough as it is, he is not that eager with the idea of helping his affliction to multiply. Remy is someone who is deeply programmed to offer help, not hurt. He is also rather unsettled by his own ability to raise the dead, and can get rather anxious around the dead bodies he has raised. Especially when if he does not excess command around them, these corpses tend to stagger to him with moans and groans, wanting to be released. And the more there is, the more likely it is to see Remy to freak the hell out. Not to mention that keeping control of multiple corpses gets eventually very draining, sapping his energy and gets him really fatigued. After awhile of being the jumpy and not so confident lord of the undead army, only a good night's sleep will get Remy back on his feet. If not given the chance to crawl to bed in time, he may pass out on his feet.

Reason to Escape: What is not a reason? Remy is aware that all of them are prisoners, not guests. Who does not want to embrace their freedom? And not to mention how the facility has more and more Creeps and Kinds every year. If that is not enough of a sign to scram, then Remy does not know what is.

Role in the Escape: Group 4, medic. The main reason why Remy demanded to be in this particular group was because of his best friend Evie. He feels unsettled by the idea that she would be out there alone fending for herself. The Hobbit needs her Giant around just as much as the Giant needs his Hobbit.
divider4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
*blinks eyes innocently* "Me? Really? I didn't do anything"
> 3 > You know what you did... YOU HEARTLESS BUTTSTABBER! D,:

Molly: "It is my fault for loving someone so vicious...yet I cannot stay away. It is as though you are drug and I addict..." -Overly dramatic heard turn, resting hand upon heart- "But do not threat, my Little Raven, for soon our bodies shall be intertwined and we shall dance the dance of lovers! I shall not give in...I shall not be pushed aside...For you are mine...and whoever dares to stab in my way shall be the almighty justice of love..." -expression darkens drastically- "I dare anyone to stand in my way...I'll paint the walls with their blood..."

He's cute e w e) Definitely should not hang around Molly...I suspect she has quite a few dead things floating around her that he will most likely be able to see...

> 3 > You know what you did... YOU HEARTLESS BUTTSTABBER! D,:

Molly: "It is my fault for loving someone so vicious...yet I cannot stay away. It is as though you are drug and I addict..." -Overly dramatic heard turn, resting hand upon heart- "But do not threat, my Little Raven, for soon our bodies shall be intertwined and we shall dance the dance of lovers! I shall not give in...I shall not be pushed aside...For you are mine...and whoever dares to stab in my way shall be the almighty justice of love..." -expression darkens drastically- "I dare anyone to stand in my way...I'll paint the walls with their blood..."
Ralyn; "You talk too much" *untouched by any of the words* "The dance of lovers... I rather die"

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: DoomyCakez
Ralyn; "You talk too much" *untouched by any of the words* "The dance of lovers... I rather die"
Molly: "....You're so mean...I love it when you play hard to get..." -Is dying on the inside because of how cruel her little raven can be-

GENERAL NOTE

I am no longer accepting characters that are not facility born. Since this was suppose to be an acception and except for Molly everyone is now not facility born. SO if you still have to make a character he/she/it will be born in the facility!
Well, crap. Also had to use cat because there were no 'sad' buttons.​

Molly: "....You're so mean...I love it when you play hard to get..." -Is dying on the inside because of how cruel her little raven can be-
Ralyn; "Fine, can you be silent now? I am trying to read..."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: DoomyCakez
He's cute e w e) Definitely should not hang around Molly...I suspect she has quite a few dead things floating around her that he will most likely be able to see...
Yeah, I think he might avoid her if she's killed before. She might be plagued by bitter, vengeful Creeps that Remy really doesn't want to deal with. Those are the worst kind.

• Love
Reactions: Sailor Arti
@Wicked Mister Freckles has been accepted ^^ I will update the cast list tomorrow

Yeah, I think he might avoid her if she's killed before. She might be plagued by bitter, vengeful Creeps that Remy really doesn't want to deal with. Those are the worst kind.
Then yeah...Avoid her like the plague o - o" She has killed more than once and probably has an army of spooks following behind her...

Oh god, that's terrifying in itself O - O" I'm sorry Remy will have to see that X,D

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Wicked
@Wicked Ralyn and Remy being a sort of friends? Since Ralyn can shine light in his darkness?

Reserving sonokinesis, chief, since things are starting to pick up speed in here. Also @Wicked that CS is a work of art.
Sure it has been noted (mentally). I will note it down int he list tomorrow ^^

Reserving sonokinesis, chief, since things are starting to pick up speed in here. Also @Wicked that CS is a work of art.
Thanks! I really like putting effort into my works. I have this weird addiction to design coding and I do them sometimes for my mates for their sheets, too. It's nice when my effort is recognized, makes me really happy!

@Wicked Ralyn and Remy being a sort of friends? Since Ralyn can shine light in his darkness?
That'd be interesting! I still need to actually read everyone's skeletons. I've just very quickly skimmed everything. But you know me, I must read everything before I interact and make relationships. Oh yeah, and sorry for taking forever with Remy. I usually do everything in one go, but I started doing him like 6 AM yesterday, and fell asleep after four hours after that. Took me sometime to get back into the mood for it. I need a certain kind of mindset pull the character creation and designing through as fast as possible.

Oh yeah, and I haven't proofread that thing yet, so be prepared for awkward spelling and grammar. Misa is reading it currently for me tho. I'm fixing it as she points me the errors.

ALSO besides friendship relationships there can be (past) couple relationships as well. Just a gentle reminder!

I might add a couples list to the Cast list as well. Couples don't have to be attracted to eachother.

In the rp it will be Januari 1st, 2016 on the date of escape.

Couples logbook
November 2013 - December 2013. Subject 2059191 (Ralyn Cremont) + Subject 7155178 (Evangeline Faye Reed)
Results;
Week 1; Subject 2059191 is making moves on Subject 7155178. So far it seems to be hopeful for an outcome.
Week 2; Subject 7155178 for some reason seem to deny all advances from Subject 2059191. Still hoping for a positive outcome
Week 3; Subject 2059191 seems to have given up on his advances. Subject 7155178 distancing herself more. No more hope for any lasting results. Curious to change in behavior.
Week 4; Subject 7155178 seems to be afraid and uncomfortable around subject 2059191. Subject 2059191 seems to be indifferent. Couple seems to have failed. No positive outcome. Prolonging the couple seems fruitless.

I'm amused by the image of a scientist writing "making moves" into his logbook.

• Nice Execution!
That'd be interesting! I still need to actually read everyone's skeletons. I've just very quickly skimmed everything. But you know me, I must read everything before I interact and make relationships. Oh yeah, and sorry for taking forever with Remy. I usually do everything in one go, but I started doing him like 6 AM yesterday, and fell asleep after four hours after that. Took me sometime to get back into the mood for it. I need a certain kind of mindset pull the character creation and designing through as fast as possible.
No problem I totally understand that! I have the same thing. I will hear from you once you have read anything ^^ I think it would cute them being together in a friendly way. Also because as far as I remember Ralyn is the smallest guy in our group (thought not sure)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Status
Not open for further replies.