A Taste Of Freedom {OOC}

Status
Not open for further replies.
@▼ roჵue ▼, That... that sounded like something you'd expect to see on T.V. o.e I can only imagine how traumatic that must have been v.v

I do not know any French but this song is soo freaking magical and beautiful^^
The tune sounds like something from a Melanie Martinez track. It was beautiful nonetheless! :D

@▼ roჵue ▼, That... that sounded like something you'd expect to see on T.V. o.e I can only imagine how traumatic that must have been v.v
Have you ever walked in on your parents? Yeah...it felt a lot like that, but I managed to hold onto my dinner that time.

• Love
Reactions: Justin
Uh... no? But okay?

Uh... no? But okay?
Oh, precious child! Bless your little heart...and your unsullied eyes! ^^

tumblr_inline_npbik0pp0g1rts5jc_500.gif

@Shattered♦Secrets™ Sure I like the idea. I had been thinking that for Tehuri at first too, but than me and rogue started talking and loveliness happened so I wrote off the idea for Tehuri.

@DoomyCakez I am a bit lost now. Is Matty finished? I am on my way to court so I would really be able to check

@Noctis the Devious How de fuck are you able to tag Rogueeeee? Tell me your secretsssss

Yeah I was looking over his sheet when I remembered the short discussion with Rogue about how intense blueberry bubblegum can be x)

EDIT: Cotton Candy, Salty Rice Cake, Copper, Dark Chocolate, Honey Suckle Nectar, Flan, Chicken, Blueberry Bubblegum, Cinnamon, Sour Skittles, Medium Rare Stake-Smoked Turkey, Sushi, Apple Pie, Olive,
If you PM me with the flavors (since I am too lazy to search back the OOC) I will edit the flavors into the castlist. Just for the fun of it.

And you missed Tehuri I guess?

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
divider.png

New%20Image_zpsavyzx8r5.jpg~original

divider-line.png

Subject: 6011237
Name: Fay
Nickname: Two- Faced King, Your Highness
Sex and Gender: Male
Sexuality: Bisexual

divider-line.png

Appearance:
The most prominent and striking feature the young man holds is agreeably the molten gold irises he posses. His heritage is undetermined but they did find that it was his father who had passed down that particular genetic trait. The rest however was courtesy of his mother. The stark black hair that contrasts greatly with his pale skin has always been kept in mildly long strands reaching just barely past the nape of his neck. It's easily manageable but at times he just couldn't be bothered to groom it. He's exceptionally tall, standing at about 6'0' feet exactly, accompanied with a slightly wiry frame if not a bit on the thin side. His fashion sense (if he has any) is simple with sweaters, dress shirts, and collars of all shapes and sizes. The only thing he's ever been self conscious about is the small beauty mark under his right eye. At his age he's no longer concerned about such a thing...only if it isn't brought up.

Personality:
Years of being separated from the others has made Fay an understandably silent individual. Paired with his telepathic abilities he just doesn't see the point in making conversation when he can perfectly hear their thoughts instead. This can usually be mistaken for indifference, even arrogance as he has found quite a few of his caretakers hypothesizing. In reality his powers have enabled him to become very empathetic and sensitive. It really isn't that hard to be understanding when you can quite literally hear and occasionally feel the other person's thoughts as if they were your own. On more than one occasion he's found himself growing familiar with the other test subjects. Despite this however he has never made the mistake of considering them as companions. For in reality they were nothing but strangers and his powers acting as the two way mirror that allowed for his completely irrational boughts of affection for them.

It might sound as if Fay is an inconsiderate creeper, entering others subconscious and breaking a completely different level of privacy. But it isn't as if the man has ever had a choice. Ever since his 11th birthday his mind-reading ability had tripled in its capabilities but at the same time became uncontrollable. Thoughts have continuously bombarded his mind ever since. The years have allowed him to contain it to a tolerable degree and he's long since accepted the fact that the voices would never cease. He is well aware of being considerate towards others boundaries as ironically Fay wouldn't want anyone reading his mind as much as the next guy. But with only the caretakers and scientists to keep him company it's not hard for his mind to drift quite literally to others thoughts. At the very least he's only touched upon the surface of those he's read. To dig any deeper than what even the other is comfortable of acknowledging is something he firmly believes he has no right to do without permission.

The scientist are very much aware of Fay's ability of mind-reading but not the communicative aspect of it. He knew that despite their kindness they would have to take unpleasant actions if they had found out about it. Especially if he was able to exchange information that they were not particularly fond of sharing. They were already keeping him completely oblivious of the other subjects (or so they thought) and they of him. But that wasn't the main reason that kept him from 'speaking' to the labs inhabitants. It was the incident that occurred after he recovered from the month long state of coma-like paralysis he experienced after his 11th birthday. A new ability made itself known that day along with an alter ego which had been dubbed as "The two-faced King".

When he investigated the people's thoughts who had been apart of the incident Fay was mortified. From their memories he saw himself in a state he could only describe as insane. He watched as he smiled pleasantly before mentally manipulating one of the medics to jab a needle into the nearest caretaker. Fortunately it appeared as though he was only able to control one person and Fay, outnumbered, had been quickly put down. Ever since then the megalomaniac would come out to play whenever Fay would become overwhelmed mentally. A rare occurrence but precautions were definitely taken.

Books
Coffee
Music
Astronomy
Fresh air
Rainfall
Chess
Animals - Of all variety

Dislikes:
Physical Contact
Confined spaces
Senseless violence
Headaches - And whatever brings it about

divider-line.png

Power:
Telepathy - The power to mentally receive and or transmit information.

In his earlier years it was much easier to manage. Only snippets of thoughts ideas filtered through his conscious and even then it was only when he was in close proximity with others. The bits and pieces were steadily continuing to clarify as me matured in age. That is until he reached his 11th birthday where an unexpected influx took place straining the young boy's psychology far beyond its breaking point. The thoughts of all the those that inhabited the facility filled his mind in startling clarity. It paralyzed him into a coma-like state for approximately a month before he made unexpectedly quick recovery. Upon his awakening however it was discovered that he had somehow gained or uncovered another part of his telepathic abilities. The following incident that came with the discovery forced the scientist to in act further containment precautions which removed all possibility of interactions between him and the other subjects.

Cogitokinesis – Ability to manipulate thought

To be able to mentally manipulate others, removing their free-will and forcing his own was a high risk to the scientist. Even though the only show of capability he had in this area was the control of one man after his one month coma it's still considered a dangerous show of power. If he were to invoke the same control on the test subjects it would be disastrous therefore he was permanently separated from the main living quarters and away from the other power users. Fay himself has not used this ability since then but the same thing could not be said for his counter part. Thankfully, even in that state he's able to willfully control his powers to a weakened state to keep his alter ego from causing too much of a commotion. The maximum extent of his Cogitokinesis is still unknown.

Skill:
Apart from the obvious he has not discovered anymore extensions of his powers. As of late.

Survival Skills:​
  • The closest he's ever been to learning any sort of survival skill is from reading 'Camping for Dummies' and a collage of other wilderness guide books.​
  • One thing he does excel in is direction due to his advanced knowledge of Astrology and a good grasp of the current world map.​
  • He is also exceptional when it comes to discerning what type of herbs are medically useful, poisonous, or edible due to his gardening expertise. And is pretty good with growing plants and or crops.​
  • His ability to adapt is impressive considering he hasn't left the confines of the facility since...​
  • Communication is not a problem and the distance of his telepathy is remarkable considering it can spread across the whole facility. Although the max distance has never been tested.​

Darwin Award Points:​
  • Physically, Fay has never been the strongest but it's mostly due to his lack of activity (but enough to remain healthy & to prevent obesity).​
  • Has been inflicted with Anemia from birth so bleeding on any sort of scale is not ideal.​
  • Rare but dangerous mental instability when pushed or provoked beyond his limits. In this case he does not work well with others (unless it's a tyrannical rule and he's the leader).​
  • Paralysis and fainting spells occur to the point of extreme fatigue with continuous or extreme use of his powers. Worst case scenario is a self-induced coma in order to recover but if irreparable then sleep will become permanent (not to be mistaken for death but basically has similar effects excluding the loss of life).​

divider-line.png

Reason to Escape:
No reason. Not at all in fact. Life in the facility is satisfying enough for Fay and he knows that being kept in its confines is what is best for him and those on the outside. But just because he is perfectly fine with leading such a life does not mean the others are. He is willing to assist in their escape but he would not be accompanying them to the outside world. Admittedly communicating with the others, even if not face to face, is strangely satisfying.

(Ive got a plan to get him out with the rest but first I need an accomplice to share my idea with. Any volunteers would be much appreciated ^^)

Role in the Escape:
Leader of Group #2

@Shattered♦Secrets™ Sure I like the idea. I had been thinking that for Tehuri at first too, but than me and rogue started talking and loveliness happened so I wrote off the idea for Tehuri.

@DoomyCakez I am a bit lost now. Is Matty finished? I am on my way to court so I would really be able to check

@Noctis the Devious How de fuck are you able to tag Rogueeeee? Tell me your secretsssss

No he is not done yet. He is halfway. I should have him done by the end of today

Reactions: DarkiusHeavenstein
So many characters have the same appearances X,D

Last edited:
(Ive got a plan to get him out with the rest but first I need an accomplice to share my idea with. Any volunteers would be much appreciated ^^)
Pm me ^^ I am open for ideas...

Plus I could see Ralyn and him being good friends. Ralyn not minding his silence and such

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
@Noctis the Devious Poor Mina seems to be forgotten by everyone. But I'm happy because that's how she should be like. I'd still wanna know how her soul tastes like when I devour it tho

Reactions: Brea
@Jet Jaguar, I want to say either a potato or a grape. I can't decide which o.o

And coincidently, I was searching through the pages last night/this morning wandering if I gave Mina a flavor. Doomy and Shattered kept distracting me though ^.^;

@Wordlocked, Your character tastes like coffee x3 Out of curiosity though, can Fay taste sound and occasionally pain through Iris' Synethesia?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Duwang Chew
@Noctis the Devious That's actually rather fitting, considering the air of mystery the lass has to her. At the risk of sounding like the worst amateur author of 2k15, even I don't think I know her completely at the moment. Also there's the fact that she eats a lot of potatoes for precious exercise carbs.

And don't sweat it; if this were that kind of RP, Mina would be a ninja. An invisible ninja, even.

@Jet Jaguar, Pfft, you would be a newb if you thought you knew everything there is to know about your character upon creation ^.^

@DarkiusHeavenstein, Cherry and I'll PM you in a sec x)

Last edited:

Subject::

Name::
Rook Malik

Nickname::
Scars, Asshole, Frankenstein

Twenty-Two

Birthday::
♌ - August 3rd

Sex and Gender::
Male and Painfully Masculine

Sexuality::
Bisexual

Ethnicity::
South Asian

Page-break.png
Appearance::
Rook stands a little over six-foot and has a rather muscular build. It is apparent he's built more for strength and endurance than speed. His skin is naturally dark, bordering on ombre. He doesn't look Caucasian, but his actual ethnicity is unknown. His hair is white and cut lazily over his face. It's assumed he does this to hide his facial scarring and his missing eye. He has a very prominent nose with sloping bridge, that would've called attention to his face had it not been for other "attractants."​
The left side of his body is almost entirely compromised of shiny scar tissue. It does seem to get better over time, probably due to his abilities, but it is glaring against his dark pallor. He wears a sleeve over it, not to prevent infection since he controls the dermal flow of diseases in his body, but to hide it. Beyond that, the only thing else that stands out is his blue eye. That being said, it isn't a limpid, blue pool to stare into. It is harshly streaked with gray and usually very uninterested in what you have to say. Actually, Rook's entire body language more or less says: "Behold my field of fucks. Lo it is barren."​

Personality::
To say Rook is a sarcastic little twat is a vast vast understatement. He's as blunt as an ice pick to the face, and just as effective at getting his point across. You will know his thoughts. There is no beating around the bush with him. There is no bush. There is the truth, trumpeted with a mouth that would make sailors blush. The only positive thing to take away from him is that his motives and opinions aren't hidden.​
Rook is also a slacker. He's prone to take the easy way out and live there like an unclean squatter. That also goes for his relationships with people and how he treats them. He could try to work hard at making friends and partnerships, but he doesn't. Rook isn't a fatalist, but he thinks the entire thing is tiresome and futile given their current situation. This isn't real life. This isn't a life at all. They're going to die in the institution, nothing lost or gained. He's blunt about this opinion but doesn't mope about it. It's going to happen.​
Now how does one exactly make friends with such douche schnozzle? Just give as good as you take. Rook respects someone that doesn't get offended by the swill that pours out of his mouth. As long as you're honest with him, he'll at least try to seem pleased by your presence. Yet, you're going to have to drag him around like a dead horse to actually be real friends with him.​

Food. Working Out. Savory Foods. Food. Rock Music. Making New Insults. Food. Your Mom. Thinking He's Hilarious. Food. Working Out. Shirts that Could Fit Two of Him. Being Called Handsome. What? Rough Housing. Food.​

Dislikes::
Experiments. Ass Kissers. Sweets. Pop Music. Lack of a Backbone. Charming People. Animals. All Animals. No Kidding. The Experiments. Constricting Clothing. Acoustic Guitars. When People Stare. God, the Experiments.​

Page-break.png

Power::
Dermakinesis:: Skin Manipulation. Rook's powers work in two different tiers: what he can do to himself and what he can do to others.​

Ye Olde Meat Shield:: Rook can alter the pigment, texture, and density of his skin. He can make his body bullet proof, to a certain extent. Sharp and penetrating objects will bounce off of his skin, deflected as if they hit metal. He can also make his skin inflammable and protect against hypothermia. Pigment changes can make him a chameleon, of sorts, able to bend into the background.
Downside: Rook's skin is the only thing that is impenetrable. If hit with a hard enough blunt force, it will break his bones and bruise his organs. This can lead to internal bleeding that he's entirely unaware about. This also goes for extreme temperatures. Nothing will stop his blood from boiling or his organs from shutting down. His protection against thermal attacks is very temporary. And it shouldn't be said, but the camouflaging really only works if he is naked or wearing a similar color to the one he is imitating.

Increased Regeneration:: Rook does heal quicker than most. Scar tissue forms almost immediately and acts along with the rest of skin in his protection. It does take some time, though, for his skin to even out and no longer look scarred and stretched.
Downside: He can only heal his skin. Internal injuries will still be there. Also, he can't heal mucous membranes, meaning he cannot heal his eyes or any exposed tissue like his tongue, organs, muscle, etc.

Dermal Grafting:: Rook can graft his skin onto anyone's body without extensive surgery or fear of rejection or infection. He has to be touching the person, making skin on skin contact, but that is the extent of the procedure. This can be used to stop bleeding, prevent infection, heal necrotic skin, or even to smooth out blemishes or scars. And if he continues to touch the person he can manipulate the grafted skin in the same manner he manipulates his own. He's also aware of where it is.
Downside: The skin used to heal others comes straight from him. While he heals fairly quickly, it is a painful process. As said before, the grafting only deals with skin and cannot stop internal injuries or heal organs.

Skill::
This is Going to Hurt:: Rook is a decent brawler given that he can make his punches feel like steel. He hasn't honed his abilities as well as others, but he can hold his own.​
Just Call Me Stitches:: Not to say that Rook is a Five Star Surgeon, but he sure as hell knows how to help stop bleeding, stitch wounds, and keep things antiseptic. While he doesn't need those things, himself. There have been many instances when he first started using his ability that things were sloppy and disgusting. Rook watched the doctors, and they taught him how to keep himself and those he used his ability on, alive. He also learned a lot about internal bleeding and swelling, as that was his biggest weakness.​

Survival Skills::
Is decent at patching up wounds.​
Tolerant to climate changes, skin-related diseases, and punctures/stab wounds.​
Can camouflage self to hide.​
Decent Defensive and Offensive Skills.​

Darwin Award Points::
Lacks Knowledge about gathering food and clean water.​
Not the Best People Skills.​
Ability causes pain when used, which may lead him to being prone or passing out.​
If starved, his ability suffers due to lack of nutrients.​

Page-break.png
Reason to Escape::
Rook has been heavily experimented on, which is obvious given his immense scarring. He's tired of practically being skinned and then forced to put himself back together again. It has made him stronger and more capable. It's also made him downright bitter. There are other, more emotional, reasons but that is the most obvious.​

Role in the Escape::
Medic, Group 1. Rook may not be the best at keeping people alive if they're suffering from a virus or broken bone, but he's better than some spit and a Band-Aid.​

Other::
Color:: #a07247
Character Theme:: Demons - Sleigh Bells

Last edited by a moderator:

Subject::

Name::
Rook Malik

Nickname::
Scars, Asshole, Frankenstein

Twenty-Two

Birthday::
♌ - August 3rd

Sex and Gender::
Male and Painfully Masculine

Sexuality::
Bisexual

Ethnicity::
South Asian

Page-break.png

Appearance::
Rook stands a little over six-foot and has a rather muscular build. It is apparent he's built more for strength and endurance than speed. His skin is naturally dark, bordering on ombre. He doesn't look Caucasian, but his actual ethnicity is unknown. His hair is white and cut lazily over his face. It's assumed he does this to hide his facial scarring and his missing eye. He has a very prominent nose with sloping bridge, that would've called attention to his face had it not been for other "attractants."

The left side of his body is almost entirely compromised of shiny scar tissue. It does seem to get better over time, probably due to his abilities, but it is glaring against his dark pallor. He wears a sleeve over it, not to prevent infection since he controls the dermal flow of diseases in his body, but to hide it. Beyond that, the only thing else that stands out is his blue eye. That being said, it isn't a limpid, blue pool to stare into. It is harshly streaked with gray and usually very uninterested in what you have to say. Actually, Rook's entire body language more or less says: "Behold my field of fucks. Lo it is barren."

Personality::
To say Rook is a sarcastic little twat is a vast vast understatement. He's as blunt as an ice pick to the face, and just as effective at getting his point across. You will know his thoughts. There is no beating around the bush with him. There is no bush. There is the truth, trumpeted with a mouth that would make sailors blush. The only positive thing to take away from him is that his motives and opinions aren't hidden.

Rook is also a slacker. He's prone to take the easy way out and live there like an unclean squatter. That also goes for his relationships with people and how he treats them. He could try to work hard at making friends and partnerships, but he doesn't. Rook isn't a fatalist, but he thinks the entire thing is tiresome and futile given their current situation. This isn't real life. This isn't a life at all. They're going to die in the institution, nothing lost or gained. He's blunt about this opinion but doesn't mope about it. It's going to happen.

Now how does one exactly make friends with such douche schnozzle? Just give as good as you take. Rook respects someone that doesn't get offended by the swill that pours out of his mouth. As long as you're honest with him, he'll at least try to seem pleased by your presence. Yet, you're going to have to drag him around like a dead horse to actually be real friends with him.

Food. Working Out. Savory Foods. Food. Rock Music. Making New Insults. Food. Your Mom. Thinking He's Hilarious. Food. Working Out. Shirts that Could Fit Two of Him. Being Called Handsome. What? Rough Housing. Food.​

Dislikes::
Experiments. Ass Kissers. Sweets. Pop Music. Lack of a Backbone. Charming People. Animals. All Animals. No Kidding. The Experiments. Constricting Clothing. Acoustic Guitars. When People Stare. God, the Experiments.​

Page-break.png

Power::
Dermakinesis:: Skin Manipulation. Rook's powers work in two different tiers: what he can do to himself and what he can do to others.​

Ye Olde Meat Shield:: Rook can alter the pigment, texture, and density of his skin. He can make his body bullet proof, to a certain extent. Sharp and penetrating objects will bounce off of his skin, deflected as if they hit metal. He can also make his skin inflammable and protect against hypothermia. Pigment changes can make him a chameleon, of sorts, able to bend into the background.
Downside: Rook's skin is the only thing that is impenetrable. If hit with a hard enough blunt force, it will break his bones and bruise his organs. This can lead to internal bleeding that he's entirely unaware about. This also goes for extreme temperatures. Nothing will stop his blood from boiling or his organs from shutting down. His protection against thermal attacks is very temporary. And it shouldn't be said, but the camouflaging really only works if he is naked or wearing a similar color to the one he is imitating.

Increased Regeneration:: Rook does heal quicker than most. Scar tissue forms almost immediately and acts along with the rest of skin in his protection. It does take some time, though, for his skin to even out and no longer look scarred and stretched.
Downside: He can only heal his skin. Internal injuries will still be there. Also, he can't heal mucous membranes, meaning he cannot heal his eyes or any exposed tissue like his tongue, organs, muscle, etc.

Dermal Grafting:: Rook can graft his skin onto anyone's body without extensive surgery or fear of rejection or infection. He has to be touching the person, making skin on skin contact, but that is the extent of the procedure. This can be used to stop bleeding, prevent infection, heal necrotic skin, or even to smooth out blemishes or scars. And if he continues to touch the person he can manipulate the grafted skin in the same manner he manipulates his own. He's also aware of where it is.
Downside: The skin used to heal others comes straight from him. While he heals fairly quickly, it is a painful process. As said before, the grafting only deals with skin and cannot stop internal injuries or heal organs.

Skill::
This is Going to Hurt::
Rook is a decent brawler given that he can make his punches feel like steel. He hasn't honed his abilities as well as others, but he can hold his own.

Just Call Me Stitches:: Not to say that Rook is a Five Star Surgeon, but he sure as hell knows how to help stop bleeding, stitch wounds, and keep things antiseptic. While he doesn't need those things, himself. There have been many instances when he first started using his ability that things were sloppy and disgusting. Rook watched the doctors, and they taught him how to keep himself and those he used his ability on, alive. He also learned a lot about internal bleeding and swelling, as that was his biggest weakness.

Survival Skills::
Is decent at patching up wounds.
Tolerant to climate changes, skin-related diseases, and punctures/stab wounds.
Can camouflage self to hide.
Decent Defensive and Offensive Skills.

Darwin Award Points::
Lacks Knowledge about gathering food and clean water.
Not the Best People Skills.
Ability causes pain when used, which may lead him to being prone or passing out.
If starved, his ability suffers due to lack of nutrients.

Page-break.png

Reason to Escape::
Rook has been heavily experimented on, which is obvious given his immense scarring. He's tired of practically being skinned and then forced to put himself back together again. It has made him stronger and more capable. It's also made him downright bitter. There are other, more emotional, reasons but that is the most obvious.

Role in the Escape::
Medic, Group 1.
Rook may not be the best at keeping people alive if they're suffering from a virus or broken bone, but he's better than some spit and a Band-Aid.

Other::
Color::
#a07247
Character Theme:: Demons - Sleigh Bells
Nice.

• Thank You
Reactions: Tyrannosaurus Rekt
@Tyrannosaurus Rekt He is accepted. That moment your reading the cs and his survival skill while your phone suddenly switches to the song "This is gonna hurt" from sixx am

Reactions: Tyrannosaurus Rekt
@Noctis the Devious Whyyyyyy??? I am on my home though xD not drunk! Just got out of court. Totally owned the other party

Status
Not open for further replies.