A Taste Of Freedom {OOC}

Status
Not open for further replies.
o v o working on my introduction now... e w e"

//whispers: Marco

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Wicked
@WishfulNemo She looks good. I feel so sads for her. Ralyn will be her friend! He wouldn't have to act around her (as long as no one else is close). Not that I think Ralyn will help much with depression and cynism... But still

Also I have group 1 medic and group 4 leader as open spots.

• Thank You
Reactions: Nemopedia
Haha, the question is, will she have him as a friend? I also just finished her. So if you hadn't seen that part yet...

I think I will go for a leader position, since medic would be kinda dubiously ironic for her, with her inability and all. XD

Haha, the question is, will she have him as a friend? I also just finished her. So if you hadn't seen that part yet...

I think I will go for a leader position, since medic would be kinda dubiously ironic for her, with her inability and all. XD
I will take a look again xD

• Thank You
Reactions: Nemopedia
-blows air on my fingers-

whoooo that took forever.... e 3 e) But I am finally done...

Reactions: Brea
Now my turn, reading posts and than Donnie, King Kinetic will make an appearance lol

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: DoomyCakez
#e35914
"Freedom is not free."

Subject;
"Hmm? Oh, my numbers you mean?"
. Subject #5689287 .

Name;
"I hear Smith was once a very common last name."
. Harley Smith .

Nickname;
"I've never been given one, but if you can think of one feel free to test it out."
. Harley, Bolt .

Age;
"I... don't know, actually. It's so easy to loose track of the years."
. 19 (Born January 5th) .

Sex and Gender;
"They don't mean the same thing? Interesting..."
. Female .

Sexuality;
"I mean, females are great! Just... not as great as males."
. Heterosexual .

tumblr_inline_mvp9fi84bW1qbs47q.gif

Appearance;
"My hair used to be short but now it's long. I think I like it better this way."
. Harley is a short girl, standing only 4'10.'' She weighs approximately 106 pounds, depending on when the last time she ate was. Her skin is fair and fairly clear, and her hair is naturally blonde. Usually she wears her hair down, as it is naturally straight and she can't be bothered to do anything else with it. Sometimes she does put it in a ponytail or even a braid, when it's really getting in her way. She had bangs, for without them her forehead seems gigantic. Her finger nails are kept short. Harley's eyes are brown, except for when she is using her ability. Then they glow and turn more golden. It takes a while for her eyes to return to their normal color after she has used her ability, and so if she has used it without being allowed it will be easy to catch her afterwards .

Personality;
"People say I'm hard to read. I apologize for being so difficult."
Some people find it hard to understand Harley, especially when she speaks, because her facial features are usually very monotone. She appears almost bored of everything occurring around her. This is not exactly the case, as Harley finds joy in leaning and experiencing new things. She's actually a very happy young lady, and extremely nice to almost everyone. Though most her comments come across as sarcastic she hardly ever has the intent of hurting feelings. Harley does not understand what is right to say and what is wrong to say, and so she often says exactly what she is thinking. Honesty is a key characteristic with her, and she tries to never lie. She believes there is nothing worse than a liar, not even a murderer. She is very accepting of others, and likes to understands the motives behind an action before making a judgement on the person themselves. She finds many things humorous and exiting, though only when she is over-excited does she show it on her face. When she does get exited, however, she always goes over-the-top: Jumping, cheering, throwing her arms in the air, hugging, the whole nine yards. Same goes for when she is angry. While Harley is very patient and understanding, she does not take bullshit from others. She isn't quick to anger but once a you've got a rise out of her she gets very violent, and often times physical, and then after the initial confrontation will hold a grudge. She's very opinionated and stubborn, so it is hard to change her mind once she has made it. Harley enjoys her alone time, but also fears isolation- she doesn't want to be alone forever. Like most human beings she longs to be liked and to find love one day. Harley is very possessive, and so if she sees something she wants she claims it as hers- this applies to both objects and people. Once she's found someone she likes she tends to latch onto them, out of fear of ever loosing someone important to her. Harley does have a decent sense of what is right and what is wrong, but she also thinks that sometimes doing something wrong is needed for the greater good .

Likes;
"Sometimes at dinner I hurry through the line so I can get a seat near a window. I love to look up at the stars."
. The Stars, Blankets, Books, Physical Activities, Sweets, Girly Clothing, Honesty, Music, Sunlight, Jokes .

Dislikes;
"When is a door not a door? Um, never. I it's a door it's always a door. Riddles are dumb."
. Riddles, Liars, Cool Temperatures, Small places, Bodies of Water, Fish, The Color Grey, Birds, Snow .

Power;
"Some would say my ability is shocking."
. Electrokinesis .
[spoili]
Overview: Harley has the ability to create and manipulate electricity. She can create orbs and bolts of electricity with her hands, though this is the only part of her body she can create electricity from. While she still has a little trouble controlling the voltage she usually can get it somewhere around her desired voltage. She is unable to reach a voltage that would kill someone, but she can make them pass out. Her bolts must end somewhere, and wherever they end they will act as normal electricity would (So, like, if it ended in water the water would also be electrified). She can also control other electric factors such as lights and technology- but only to the point of turning them off and on. Harley can use her ability to heat things up, such as food (though there might be a tiny burned area) and metal, but for this she needs to be touching the object. Also, the longer she uses her power the more frizzy her hair becomes.

Weaknesses/Limitations: If she uses her ability while she is wet the electricity will also harm her. So, water in combat basically inhibits her from using her ability. Also, she can only make her electrical bolts/orbs travel as far as 30 feet. Her ability becomes useless if confronted electrical resistant material such as rubber. Also, when her emotions are unstable her ability makes it difficult for her to use electronic devices (cellphones, computers, ect).
[/spoili]

Skill;
"Every computer has an algorithm it follows. Once I understand the algorithm I understand the system."
. Harley has a natural knack for computers and other electronic devices of the sort. She seems to understand them and can learn how they work pretty quickly. In another life she would have made an amazing hacker .

Survival Skills;
"Ah, instinct. Wouldn't know, never been in the wild."
. Harley is quick on her feet and good at remaining calm under pressure. She has a strong sense of hearing, is very flexible, and has decent stamina for a girl who's been locked up in a facility her whole life. Harley is also able to think logically, which helps her when it comes to problem solving. She's a fast learner, Oh, and she can be quite resourceful .

Darwin Award Points;
"I suppose my major personality flaws would apply here, correct?"
. While she is fast, she is not strong. She is not extremely skilled in hand to hand combat and so she likes to keep a safe distance away from her opponent and use her ability instead. Harley has lived her whole life in the facility, and so will get easily detracted of the wonders in her new world. She also knows nothing of the dangers of both the earth and the things that inhabit it .

Reason to Escape;
"Um, who wants to stay in the same place their whole life? Especially as a test subject. Not me!"
. Ever since Harley was four she knew she wanted to experience more. Living in the facility wasn't too terribly horrible, but she longed to see other places. Meet other people. She grew bored with her life in the facility, despite the several changes in testing she's gone through over the years. She just wants to see what's really past the walls she's spent her entire life in. Plus, even attempting to escape would be the most exciting thing she's done since... well, ever .

Role in the Escape;
"Just a scout, but I'll be better at this than any of the other jobs."
. Group 1; Scout .

Relationships;
"There are a few other people I know, but these are really the only important ones.."
[spoili]
Friends:
. Donovan Davenport - Best friends, since she was 4 .
. Evangeline Reed .

. Lennox O'Harrow - Adopted Big-Bro, she'll be a mediator for Donnie and Lennox .
. Mallory - Get-Away Friend .
. Mathias Lief - Was in an unsuccessful coupling .
. Molly - Neutral and then friends, until she and Donovan get close, then they'll be enemies .
. Nikolett Van Der Mint - Buddies .

. Remington Carmichael - Friends, she has a slight crush on him .

Enemies:
. Tehuri Blacmore - Rivals .

Other:
. Akiva Sanders - Doesn't like him .
. Alkalb- Neutral, doesn't know how to treat him .
. Fay - Neutral .

NPC'd . Iridessa Lienue - Friendly acquaintance .
. Jezebel - Neutral .
. Minagase X - Friendly Neutral .

. Ralyn Cremont - Neutral .
. Rook Malik - Neutral, likely to be friends after the escape .

. Tristan Sky - Doesn't mind him, but dislikes him when he acts religious .
[/spoili]
"If you're not going to do the job right, might as well don't do it at all."

Last edited:
@DarkiusHeavenstein would it be cool, that even with the bracelet on Donnie can still Levitate, since that part of Telekinesis would be like a basic skill... I kind of want him to float around mostly inside the facility like the Cheshire Cat... purple and and all just got me thinking that xD

Reactions: Duwang Chew
@DarkiusHeavenstein would it be cool, that even with the bracelet on Donnie can still Levitate, since that part of Telekinesis would be like a basic skill... I kind of want him to float around mostly inside the facility like the Cheshire Cat... purple and and all just got me thinking that xD
Yes their powers are only restricted in the restricted areas. Not completely cut off (unless the scientists think that is necessary). So he would be able to float around... Little ghosty....

Yeahhh...Molly is basically on lockdown with her powers X,D Unless she is in the training area...and even then she is limited

Yes their powers are only restricted in the restricted areas. Not completely cut off (unless the scientists think that is necessary). So he would be able to float around... Little ghosty....
Thanks xD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: DarkiusHeavenstein
@Brea Harley is accepted (I will update the cast list tomorrow)

• Thank You
Okay, so, I have to reply to a different roleplay before anything else, as I put that off in order to make my character. Once that's done, however, I will go through all the current characters and suggest a relationship for them to have with mine (friends, enemies, neutral, that sort of thing), and once that's finished I'll post IC. My starter post probably won't be up until sometime tomorrow, sorry for the inconvenience.

In the mean time, if anyone else has a relationship they'd like to suggest for their character and Harley I'd love to hear them! ♥

No problem. I was aiming for a slow start anyway since we are still waiting for two more people to send in their characters. So take your time reading through eberything and reacting

• Thank You
Read everyone and amazing so far. Now my turn^^.

Reactions: DarkiusHeavenstein
Ohhh..I still need to fully decide on current relationships o - o"

Molly hasn't actually met everyone. She knows of most of them, but she is usually kept rather separated...

I think that this should be the official Theme Song for ATOF xD

• Love
Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Status
Not open for further replies.