A Tale of Nobodies & Rebels [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

of Dirt

blue We're full. Please PM me if you want to be notified when there's an opening.
OOC Thread
Character Album

Current Season: Early Summer

Current Location(s):

Dirty Magic: Located in lower Manhattan, Dirty Magic is a small, live music bar that has become something of a semi-regular hangout when the crew gets bored. It's also a convenient location, since the band plays there on occasion and both Reiner and Tony are employees. A variety of music genres are represented there, though rock music is typically showcased on the weekends, since it garners more business.
Characters present: Alejandro, Tony, Emile, Robert, Alex, Casey

Output Nightclub: Located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, Output is a particularly large dance club, with an open rooftop when weather permits. Neon lit and complete with a particularly impressive sound system, a bar, and plenty of comfortable seats on the outskirts of the dance floor, the club is a favorite of Carmen and Sakamae. Carmen also works there on occasion.
Characters present: Sakamae, Reiner, Cara, Orion, Carmen

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Useful
Reactions: 1 person

Anthony, Dirty Magic Music Bar
Called at by Emile @Boss Megu
Judged by Alejandro @Pray4me
Texts: Reiner and Mae @of Dirt Cara @Absinthe Scott @MST3K 4ever
Watches: Alex @abalint

As soon as he collected his mind, Anthony got off the seat as if it gave him an electric shock. The cheering crowd made him smile a little, relieved that no one raised their torches and pitchforks over him being unable to play Bermuda's Song to the exact notes. He bowed thrice in a row in a comically quick succession but caught sight of the second drummer backing out.

He looked from the reaction of the man who called him "Ale", to the Alejandro's critical eyes. "You changed my song." he said and Anthony was unsure if it was a statement or a threat.

The bubbly blue-haired man called out, "Hey, Tristan! Come on down and join us here!"

Anthony must have made a noise between a yelp and a squeal because he felt himself get a clap on the shoulder by Aditya the cashier who was now helping with the stage equipment. He attempted to thank his friend but he found himself looking up to Alejandro's panel. He stood straight as a board, trying to keep his face blank. The resulting expression left him wide-eyed and stiff-jawed, as if his fight-or-flight senses were activated. I changed his song... I changed his song! I'm done for!

"I don't want you to think because that other guy dropped out that you automatically got the position. You would have made a fatal error for that made up arrangement you put in my song if I didn't like it." Alejandro was leaning forward and it made Anthony feel even more as if he was some kind of prey. He gulped. "Luckily for you, me and Rob and probably the whole bar loved what you did. So, whoever you are, welcome to the band."

Whoever-oh crap. Anthony finally realized what was unsettling him. The instructions on the pamphlet clearly said they had to introduce themselves and he forgot.

"I mean it, Tristan! Get your sexy drummer self over here!" Blue-hair said aloud. Anthony winced and looked around in alarm, wondering if anyone else recognized him. "I've got a friend dying to meet you-ow- DAMN IT ROB, I MEANT ALE! ALE! Stop killing my toes!"

He waddled off the stage, hoping his knees were no longer made of mush as it was when he first stood and when his internet name was called out. He walked past Alex and wished her good luck before standing awkwardly in front of Alejandro's panel. "Thank you so much. Sorry um... My name is Anthony. Anthony Rushmore." He attempted to shake hands with the trio before slipping away. He sat somewhere behind Blue-hair.

He busied himself, texting his friends excitedly. Anthony sent the news to Reiner, Mae, Cara, Scott and his roommate Antonio. "I did it, I think! I'm officially a band drummer!" They were the only people who knew about him auditioning.

Once or twice, his fellow employees dropped by to give him hugs and their greetings, one even gave him a drink on the house. He was close to tears by then and got teased. He sent one last message to his best friend and even told her about being recognized as the internet persona only they knew about. Alex took the stage by then and he stopped to watch her.

Anthony was mesmerized by Alex's mashup. He looked up to guitarists, specially those who made their own arrangements. By the middle of the song, he was patting his lap to the beat of her music, filling it where drums should have been. When she finished, he clapped immediately, thrilled and excited. He hoped that Alejandro appreciated her arrangement as much as he did. He peered at the panel anxiously.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
[Fieldbox=Scott]

full

Scott was enjoying being with Cara, and the fact that she didn't mind when he cut in between her and Reiner made him feel even better. However, he began to realize that maybe he was being a bit too forward with her. Yes, she was beautiful and having a fellow Irish with him was really nice, but any more than that could make her uncomfortable. So Scott decided to just enjoy the evening with her and everyone else and whatever happened over the course of the evening he would leave it up to fate.

The new song came on and Scott was actually doing fairly decent keeping up with Cara and her dancing. Well at least he thought he was doing all right what he looked like to the rest of the outside world didn't matter to him. Although Scott was hoping in the back of his mind that there was no one videoing this for a You Tube broadcast later. He could imagine it now, "Goofy looking white guy tries killing cockroaches with his feet as he is having a stroke." All of that being said Scott was enjoying himself. It had been a while since he had done this.

When Cara nudged him and asked if he wanted to head over. Scott nodded and replied, "Sure thing sounds like fun. I just need to make a quick stop meet you over there Cara." With that Scott grabbed a waitress and ordered another drink and another for Mae. He didn't have to wait long for the drinks considering he paid with a fifty and told the waitress the change was hers if she got back to him in under a minute. At one minute and five seconds the waitress reappeared out of breath and looking like she was wiped out. Scott looked at his watch and said, "Sixty-five seconds." He looked back at the waitress and took his drinks at first with a stern disappointed look. Which gave way to a quick wink and a smile as Scott said, "Thank you Stephanie. Have a good one."

Scott made his way over and handed Mae another drink and said, "You look like you could use another. Besides it's in the court-case of Brown vs. Turner when one roommate bails on another in a nightclub without good reason. Said roommate is obligated to buy his roommate another drink." Scott smiled at Mae and said, "Sorry about that." He looked over to Reiner and said, "You want another one amigo? I'm buying." Just then he got a text notification from Anthony. Scott read it and smiled very broadly. He texted back., "Rock on my friend! Congrats!"
Mentioned/Interactions:
@of Dirt
@Absinthe

Texted:
@Mippu
[/Fieldbox]

full

Orion took a deep breath as he cleaned up his face. He looked at his face in a mirror and if his brother ever did this during the war and was reminded of home. The brothers were close and despite not being twins, they were pretty similar in appearance. He noticed a tear roll down on his phone and he paused. Not here, he couldn't have a break down in a club while all of his friends were outside waiting on him. He couldn't, but the memories were their own master and choose to be reminded of his father. The way the man had attacked him was just how his father used to hit him and it was scary. He didn't want those memories, the past was gone. He would be fine- he would be fine. After a moment, he cried.... in the middle of the club bathroom. He couldn't do this- he just couldn't- he looked at the window and couldn't handle this. He debated texting Reiner... but before he knew what he was doing, he was in a stall, sitting there and trying to gather himself better.

Mentioned:

@of Dirt

@Hey, maybe someone should check on Orion.

Sakamae smiled warmly in recognition of Cara's wave, which was returned. It wasn't just that she was Irish that Scott wanted to be around her, she thought, despite Reiner's suggestion of the opposite. Besides, she knew he only said that to prevent her from feeling less than. She liked Cara, though. She could see why she was getting a lot of attention tonight.

"Hey, speak of the devil," Reiner said, holding up his phone so she could see the text message he just received from Tony, confirming his place in the band. "Granted, he seems unsure, but that's probably Tony just being Tony." The Seigers remembered a much more reserved Tony when they first met him, seeking to practice judo with them for self-defense. Now he was on his way to becoming a rock star.

Sakamae chuckled as she pulled her own phone out of her back pocket to see that she received the same text. 'That's amazing! We can't wait to be in the crowd of one of your shows ;)' she texted back. She looked up to find that Scott approaching her with another beer, apologizing for his leaving her alone earlier. Her lips began to slowly curl into a smile, despite her best efforts to repress it. She didn't want to appear too easy to please, but was unfortunately rather transparent. She shot Carmen a raised brow with a wide grin before taking the drink.

"You're sweet," she replied. "But you still owe me a dance," she added before she began drinking. "This is my friend Carmen, by the way. She dances for a living. Maybe she could teach you a thing or two. I learned a lot just from trying to keep up," she explained. "These are our roommates, Scott and Cara," she said to Carmen.

"We'll let you figure out who is who," Reiner added with a grin. "That's okay, I think I'll get one myself. I want to check up on Axelrod, I haven't seen him around," he replied to Scott's offer. "Or should I not rush him? Does it usually take this long to put on make-up?" he asked Cara in jest. "I'll be right back, guys." He made his way out of the crowd and into the bathroom, recognizing his friend's shoes in one of the stalls. "Axel, you still in here? You trying to play hard to get for Cara's friend or something?" he asked, leaning on the wall beside the sink. He didn't receive a response and as he listened more closely he thought he could hear his friend crying.

Reiner furrowed his brow as he felt a sinking feeling in his chest. Bringing Orion out tonight was supposed to get him away from his darker thoughts, but he supposed getting in a fight didn't help any.

"Hey, I know getting into a fight wasn't the best thing that could've happened on the way here, but you came out on top, man. He wanted your money and you defended yourself instead. Not many people do that, even if they can. And it's good that you did that, because even if you gave him what he wanted he probably would have socked you anyway, so you gave that dirt bag what he deserved," he explained.

"We could totally ditch this place if you want. You could take us for a ride in your car, speed down some quiet neighborhoods, blasting music and making sure nobody gets any sleep. Or make donuts in an empty parking lot," he suggested with a chuckle, spit balling random ideas.

@LuckycoolHawk9
@Absinthe
@MST3K 4ever
@Ananfal
@Mippu

Reactions: MST3K 4ever
Carmen's smile instantly dimmed slightly as more of Sakamae's friends came over to her and she began to feel a bit crowded (ironic, considering that the masses of human flesh populating the dance floor didn't make her feel claustrophobic at all). A small breath helped her regain some of her earlier cheer and she managed to pull off a small laugh in response to Mae's compliment on her dancing skills. Her first instinct was to just issue a stammering denial and excuse herself, but Carmen knew that she had to push herself to be more social, otherwise she would never make more friends. "I'm not that great of a dancer - I've learned a lot from you as well, Mae." She said with a friendly nod towards Scott and Cara, although she didn't speak to them. Carmen had seen the way that Mae had smiled at Scott, and knew that his leaving had been what upset her earlier. Well, that had been resolved, and now she needed an excuse to esc- she meant, leave politely.

"Actually, I've got to get back on stage or I risk losing my pay for the night, so you guys have fun without me, alright?" Carmen couldn't really keep her smile up for much longer so she hastily gave Mae a slight hug before waving goodbye and disappearing into the crowd before anyone could really stop her (if they were even going to, of course). A few minutes later found her back in the dressing room, surprising a few of the other dancers with her quick return. However, she waved off any questions, promising them that she was fine, before changing into another stage outfit and waiting for her turn to go out on stage. One of the other dancers did her makeup for her again with a kind smile, that Carmen couldn't return.

@of Dirt

"We'll let you figure out who is who," Reiner added with a grin. "That's okay, I think I'll get one myself. I want to check up on Axelrod, I haven't seen him around," he replied to Scott's offer. "Or should I not rush him? Does it usually take this long to put on make-up?" he asked Cara in jest. "I'll be right back, guys." He made his way out of the crowd and into the bathroom, recognizing his friend's shoes in one of the stalls. "Axel, you still in here? You trying to play hard to get for Cara's friend or something?" he asked, leaning on the wall beside the sink. He didn't receive a response and as he listened more closely he thought he could hear his friend crying.

Reiner furrowed his brow as he felt a sinking feeling in his chest. Bringing Orion out tonight was supposed to get him away from his darker thoughts, but he supposed getting in a fight didn't help any.

"Hey, I know getting into a fight wasn't the best thing that could've happened on the way here, but you came out on top, man. He wanted your money and you defended yourself instead. Not many people do that, even if they can. And it's good that you did that, because even if you gave him what he wanted he probably would have socked you anyway, so you gave that dirt bag what he deserved," he explained.

"We could totally ditch this place if you want. You could take us for a ride in your car, speed down some quiet neighborhoods, blasting music and making sure nobody gets any sleep. Or make donuts in an empty parking lot," he suggested with a chuckle, spit balling random ideas.
full

Orion took another breath and debated going out and confronting the rest of the nightclub, but he wasn't sure how to do that. He barely could look at himself in mirror, so he wasn't about to go out earlier. The fight had brought out his darker memories and he wasn't sure what to do now. He had spent his whole life pushing away the darker part of himself that wanted to scream and break everything. He knew that coming here was a bad idea, he should have known that this would happen. Nothing ever went right for him, so he shouldn't be shocked about everything happening at the moment. He bit down on his lower lip and tried to wipe away the tears.

He had barely heard the first thing that his best friend had said, but he did catch the next bit and he wondered how to reply. He was really good at not talking and he had gotten used to it to be quite honest.

" You know that is not what the problem is. I am fine with the fight, but it does something that I don't like. It reminded me of my father in the worst possible way and that is not something that I will get over. I wished that life was simple and people were simple, but that isn't the truth. Things are messy and that dirt bag reminded me of how much I am bottling up. I'm a nobody, the one who has no clear damn path," he said.

Orion considered what Reiner was saying and looked at him. "Car is back home, but I like that idea. I wouldn't mind showing the men in blue some good old fashion fun. As long as you are with me, I would love to do that. It isn't fun to speed through the city all alone," he said to him.

@of Dirt

Alejandro Rivera

He glanced around the room while Alex prepared, mentally counting if the other guitarists were still around. Some seemed to have left for whatever reason, making the auditions even shorter. Alejandro was glad it was nearing the end. The night was stretching longer than he first thought, but thankfully all who attended were enjoying their time with the free single drink provided by him. Just this night, Alejandro was down about $3,000 with the discounted rent including the equipment, the employment, and the free drink. Until his private vocal and bassists lessons picked up, he would have to be more thrifty since he was on a fixed income.

Nodding his head towards Alex, Alejandro closed his eyes when she began to perform. It was clear she was playing her own version of his song mixed with a classical piece. It was an odd combination to Alejandro, but she was allowed to play any type of music as long as it was played correctly, beautifully, and personalized to fit their style. The audience seemed to quiet down as Alex played, many sipping their second or third drinks and mumbling to their groups. Some even took photos of Alex's performance.

Alejandro slightly opened his eyes, rubbing his lips together as he continued to listen. The more he listened to Alex's choice of song, the more he was unsure how to feel about it. Everyone knew he wasn't one that enjoyed his songs being changed. It took a long while for him to deal with DJs and sound mixers taking his songs and remixing them in some weird way. He hated most of the remixes, but believed in musical creativity so he always let them do what they want as long as they gave original credit to him.

Alex's version was interesting. The mix of a classical and his song danced strangely together. It meshed well in some spots, in others it seemed to contrast, but always ended up meshing together again. He tilted his head, scratching a nail into the table as Alex would finish up.

"I don't even know what that was," Alejandro commented when Alex would finish. "It was...different. But you played well. I can give you that."

The audience applauded Alex's auditions with some whistling to her as she would leave the stage. Alejandro got on stage to announce the intermission, giving those time to go outside to have a smoke break and for the remaining guitarist to stand around nervously.
With the last man leaving the stage, Alejandro hopped onto the stage for the last time. During the last auditions, he discussed all the possibilities with Rob, considering his input and helping with his decision. Unlike the drummers, the guitarist had many talented and skilled musicians all dying to be a part of the band. Each gave their all and few made mistakes. There were only three Alejandro knew for sure weren't even considered for the part because of a big screw up in notes or their stage performance rubbed him the wrong way.

The lights in the Dirty Magic switched to its normal setting, a brighter yellow light that drowned out the ambient light and the spot light clicking off. Alejandro clapped his hands together, demanding attention.

"That's enough formality. The auditions are officially over. I want to thank all who auditioned and those who came to support their friend and my band. Please, be sure to stay around and enjoy Dirty Magic for the rest of the night and to return for other live performances the bar hosts. Now, for the winning guitarist...while I have to admit I wasn't confident at first of her choice of song, the creativity she did to morph to existing songs together along with her expertise won her over the others. Alex, welcome to the band."

Another round of applause was for Alex as other guitarist came up to congratulate her. Alejandro watched Alex's expression with a feeling of uncertainty.

"Please, all those who auditioned, don't take this to heart. There will be other opportunities for you if you keep searching and perfecting your talent. If you need, I don't mind being a reference for any application you may need if I feel you're worthy enough for it. Be sure to follow me and the band on all social medias to keep in contact and to follow our performance. So, how about another round of drinks on me to end the night?" Alejandro smiled widely and bowed his head to the roaring crowd.

He let out a deep sigh of relief, the seriousness washing completely from him. Now, the smile was real and not an act for the stage. The way he laughed and chatted was for himself and not to network. Of course, that edge of him was never going to be completely gone.

Alejandro wandered back to the table where Tristan and Alex would be standing. He shook Tristan's hand and gave Alex a half hug as he suspected Alex might not be the touchy-feely type.

"Alright you two. Our orientation will be next Friday at 6pm here at the Dirty Magic. There we'll fill out communication sheets, figure out rehearsal times, I'll talk about our costumes for the stage, and will answer any questions that you might have. Right now, let's forget about music and relax. Have a drink on me," he whistled to the bartender, holding up three fingers for three beers on tap. His eyes then cut to Em. "I didn't forget about you."

@Boss Megu
@Mippu
@abalint
@BoB (Best of Boxes)³

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Banana-senpai
Cara's cheeks heated again as she noticed her friend backing off. Not even the Irish woman could miss that signal. So, he hadn't been teasing her, it appeared that he had been trying to hit on her. She was quite flattered until she began to wonder just how long it had been going on for. Years? Months? Or was he just chancing his luck tonight? How many of the others knew? Reiner or Casey would have started the teasing if it was obvious for any length of time, right? She settled herself with quick breath in and out. She was overanalyzing, and that could wait until tomorrow. Instead, she watched Scott with a bemused smile, joining in and mimicking his movements. No time to think, just to relax and let those worries melt away.

She nodded in acknowledgement as Scott disappeared off in search of something. She headed straight over towards the Seigers and a friend of Mae's. She flashed them a grin as she approached, not recognising the woman. Cara felt her phone vibrate in her bag, fishing it out of her bag. Tony. Of course, the auditions had been tonight, how could she have forgotten? Something about the audition rang a bell in the back of her mind, but she pushed it aside for now. She beamed as she opened the text to read he'd been successful. 'Awesome! Just remember me when you're at the top, k?' She replied, moving to put her phone away when she remembered Casey. Shit, she'd meant to meet him tonight... She opened up a message to him, typing quickly. 'In Output with Rein on a mission to get Axel laid - not going well. Sorry for missing the auditions. I leave myself at your mercy x'
She didn't think he'd be too upset at her, but she felt bad for her roommate none the less.

She flashed the Seigers and their company a grin as she approached. She was beaten to them by Scott brandishing a drink. The way Mae smiled at him... Cara felt guilty for taking him away from her. She smiled and flashed her friend a wink. "Just got him warmed up for you. Tonight's a rare occurrence, you'd better be making the most of it," She chuckled.

The Irishwoman smiled and raised a hand in greeting as they were introduced to Mae's friend. "I'm Cara. Nice to meet you," She clarified, although Carmen seemed eager to leave. She watched her hurry off, looking back at Reiner and Mae in mild confusion. "I'm not still covered in the blood of young virgins again, am I?" She asked, rubbing the back of her neck. Maybe the girl just really had to work.

Cara frowned as Reiner mentioned going to look for Axelrod. So much for their night... But she was being mean and selfish, he had a point. Axel had been really roughed up, he could be passed out in the bathroom for all they knew. She rolled her eyes as Reiner teased her, deciding to let this one slide as he walked away in search of his friend. Her eyes caught sight of her old college friend in the crowd. She was about to wave her over to introduce her to Scott and Mae, but the tall, muscular man she was draping herself around looked like he didn't really want to be bothered. She shook her head softly, a cheeky grin sliding back onto her face as she turned to face Mae and Scott.
"I guess I'll have his drink then,"

@MST3K 4ever
@Ananfal
@Mippu
@of Dirt
@BoB (Best of Boxes)³

• Love
Alex wasn't sure what to make of the reception to her performance. While he understood that they enjoyed it, the glance to Alejandro seemed to indicate that she wasn't exactly on his best side. Returning to her spot, Alex ordered another cup of hot tea before waiting for the rest of the night to end. With wandering eyes, Alex watched everyone. She noticed that most people came in groups and those who came alone had already formed groups of their own. Turning towards Tristan, Alex observed before deciding to stay quiet.

The rest of the auditions continued and Alex was left on the side with her tea. That one cup lasted her the rest of the night. She wanted to drink, but knew that it wouldn't be a good idea; 1. she had a fight coming up and drinking would set her back after weeks of training, 2. she got a little hyper when she drank and she was currently here on business 3. she was walking home and didn't want to get lost since the bar was quite a bit a ways away. With the warm cup of tea in her hands and the guitar resting against her chair, Alex waited for the night to end.

When Alejandro appeared on the stage to announce the new members, Alex sat up straight. Part of her knew that she'd gotten the position, but she knew that there were other talented musicians out there as well. When her name was called, a sigh of relief escaped her lips. Placing the cup of tea down, Alex smiled and waited for Alejandro to come off stage. Her smile was faint as she listened to Alejandro congratulate them on a job well done. He insisted that they stay and enjoy themselves, but Alex had enough excitement for one night. The half-hug she received from Alejandro seemed to confirm that she was now part of this group.

Alex pulled out her phone and put in a reminder for next Friday. She was excited about the new band and experience. Ordering a glass of water, Alex watched as the rest of the group let loose.

[Fieldbox=Scott]

full

Scott smiled back to Mae and said, "A dance with you is an absolute given. Although you should be warned that what I call dancing others have been known to call 'someone call 911 he looks to be have a seizure'. Just so you know." He raised his glass and said, "Cheers."

Carmen's quick "Hello & Goodbye" didn't leave Scott much of a chance to talk to her. He heard what Cara said and replied, "Yeah you got a little behind your ear still, but you cleaned it off of your clothes very nicely." Scott said, "But when you gotta go you gotta go."

Scott could tell that she was bit troubled in dealing with Reiner and Axel, and truth be told he was as well. Axel was dealing with the fact that he had been mugged and in a fight. That's a pretty full night for anyone, but he still came out to the club. He was either really looking to have fun with everyone or being with others would help ease the pain of what happened. Reality was probably somewhere in the middle. He leaned over to Cara and said, "They're fine. They're both over 21 if they have problems they'll let us know. Self-expression isn't exactly an issue with them. Besides, I don't think they'll bolt out of here without giving us some kind of warning." He gave her a wink and said, "His drink is now yours. Whatever you want name it."
Mentioned/Interactions:
@of Dirt
@Absinthe

@LuckycoolHawk9
@Ananfal
[/Fieldbox]

Reactions: Absinthe
Reiner listened carefully as Orion explained that the issue was what the fight reminded him about and not the fight itself. Though Reiner had many issues with his father, he couldn't say that he ever got into a physical altercation with him. Still, he understood the consequences of having a critical person in your life be somebody that was harmful to your well-being. It could build character, but it could be crippling too.

"If you're a nobody, then so are the rest of us," Reiner replied. "With this crappy job market and rising rent prices, none of us know where we'll be a year or two from now. I thought I was gonna be a wrestler in high school. Then I studied political science in college because everybody else was doing it. I didn't even know what I was gonna do with that. Lawyer?" he explained with a shrug. "Imagine me a lawyer? Now I make beer in my apartment hoping that I can mass produce them someday. Maybe in a year I will move on to something else." He shrugged again and paused, thinking about what he had said and wanted to say.

"All I'm saying is you're not alone. We're all just playing it by ear. Besides, you're not a nobody. You're a drag racer and that's cooler than what any of us are doing. So, yea, let's do this," he said as he lead the way out of the bathroom and through the outskirts of the dance floor, texting the other three to see if they wanted to come along. He caught sight of Maeve as he walked toward the exit and was tempted to call her over for the crazy ride. Orion probably didn't realize it, but his talent for driving put him over the top on every single guy in the entire club. All he had to do was act like it. But she was dancing with another guy and he probably wasn't the first or the last of the night. She looked like she was having a good time. Perhaps that ship had sailed, he thought as he gave her a brief nod and wave in farewell.

"Lead the way, big guy," he said as they stepped outside.

The thought that Carmen took something from Sakamae with regards to dancing genuinely flattered and surprised her. Maybe her friend was just being nice, but the possibility didn't stop the comment from warming her heart. However, as soon as she appeared she was on her way out, finding herself briefly in her friend's arms in a farewell hug. "Wait, so soon?" Sakamae asked, feeling as though her words evaporated as soon as they left her lips because Carmen was swallowed by the crowd before she could respond. She knew her friend had always been nervous about meeting new people, but she always found it hard to visualize since she was so accustomed to seeing her perform in front of a large group of strangers. She stood there dazed and confused in silence before Cara broke the ice.

"I'm not still covered in the blood of young virgins again, am I?" Cara asked, to which Sakamae laughed out loud in response.

"Damnit, Cara, you promised you wouldn't go down that road again!" Sakamae replied in between giggles. "I want to see this seizure dance of yours," she said to Scott as she finished her drink quickly, the effects of the alcohol coming into full swing, made apparent by a grin that wouldn't go away. "It sounds like my kind of thing."

She pulled her vibrating phone out of her pocket to a text from Reiner. 'Axel and I are gonna go on a high speed tour in his car around town. We'll pick you guys up if you want to come along.'

"Well, that sounds slightly illegal," she commented, assuming they received a similar text. It reminded her of the outlandish things he used to do during high school, often citing the lyrics from The Offspring as justification: 'If you're under 18, you won't be doing any time.' She was never quite as rebellious as he was. She also wanted to do something with Carmen after she got off work and it didn't sound like something that'd be up her alley.

@Ananfal
@MST3K 4ever
@Absinthe
@LuckycoolHawk9

full

Orion had always felt safe around his best friend Reiner for so many reasons, but the main one was that he listened to him. He wasn't judging and even if he didn't understand, he would get what he was saying. It was one thing to have a friend who would listen, but not understand, but it was another entirely when they listened and they got it. It made him feel perfect and that ws better than any other feeling in the world.

Orion was silent as he listened to what his friend was saying to him. He wasn't arguing that he wasn't a nobody, he was arguing that due to the circumstances they were. It was something that made the young adult feel ten times better about himself. Orion remembered that he had started off studying herbology or something like that, he wasn't sure why. He listened to his friend and chuckled a bit as he tried to imagine Reiner as a lawyer, it didn't fit his best friend. Reiner wasn't the type who would sit at a desk from 9 to 5, helpig innocent and guility clients. He bit down on his lip and wondered what he could say in response to this.

Orion was always reminded of that by Reiner. He was a drag race and he knew he was a damn good one at that. The bad ones didn't frighten the NYPD into taking their license away for almost a month. The bad ones were given a night or so in jail and let off with some warning. He wasn't one of those people. Orion was the one who could grind the gears of any car he is given and still manage to not hurt anyone. If he hadn't been so determined to be a cop, he most certainly would have been a godly NASCAR racer that the people wrote about. He hadn't earned his nickname as Axelrod back in high school for nothing after all either. He wondered why Reiner had sent him here in the first place. He wondered if this was one of the many failed attempts to get him laid before he turned 25 in two or so years. He walked towards the exit.

" Of course, Reiner," he said back to him, offering a smirk.

@of Dirt

full
"It's a lot of work to stay this young and beautiful," Cara laughed. It was good to get the smile back on her friend's faces - she guessed Scott was right about Carmen. Cara chuckled as Scott made a self-deprecating joke about his dancing, shaking her head softly. "I really don't think you're gonna get out of it that easily," She teased, her grin growing as Mae remained undeterred. "You own it, my friend,"

Cara blinked as Scott leaned in, chuckling in agreement with him. "Yeah, yeah, I know. I just had a different idea in mind before coming out tonight." She sighed, the figure of her friend dancing in the distance catching her eye again. It had been such a good plan too. She gave a small shrug - the evening wasn't all bad at all, not by a long shot. "But I won't complain about getting to spend some time with you and Mae for a change. It's nice, especially when you're buying."

She smirked at Scott, before glancing down at her phone as Mae seemed to comment on a message from someone. Reiner. "Huh, guess you were right again, Scott," She commented, resisting the urge to frown as she read the message. That wasn't the brightest idea either of the men had ever had, especially if Orion was half as hurt as he made out to be. She'd pass on the offer. "Well, if they're idiot enough to get caught, I'm making barely enough for rent, nevermind bail."

'Stay safe k? I've got to get herself back in one piece. Might stay in her hotel tonight, don't mount rescue operation if I'm not at home in the am.'

@of Dirt
@MST3K 4ever

• Love
[Fieldbox=Scott]

full

Scott looked at his text from Reiner and he wasn't planning on going anyway, but he felt somewhat of an obligation to keep an eye on Cara and Mae. Sure they could take of themselves, but in the back of his mind with Reiner's and Orion's mindset at the time Scott had a very bad feeling that things could get ugly at some point. Whether it involved more alcohol, more brawls, or even a possible visit from New York's finest. Not to mention with his dad being a cop himself if Scott ever got busted his dad would not only never let him hear the end of it, but his dad had one rule "Never get busted." Because cops had a pretty tight fraternity, and if one of their kids got busted the higher ups usually let the cop in question have it verbally.

He texted back: I'm good for the night. Don't do anything that's gonna end up with me having to write about you all Monday morning…please! Peace.

Scott turned his attention back to Mae and said, "Let me get another drink in me and I will show you what I'm talking about with my dancing skills." He motioned for the waitress and said, "Another one and make it a double." It was fairly safe to say that Scott would probably make it to Mass at St. Matthew's tomorrow morning. Whether he was completely sober or hungover remained to be seen.

He smiled at Kara and said, "Well in terms of being right I have my moments. Fleeting though they maybe I do have them." Scott Slowly began to feel a bit looser and began to groove a bit more with the music. Some might have called it dancing Scott's older brother would've called it "Glacier moving." Meaning it was big, white, and if it's movements weren't stopped soon it would kill tens of millions and cause untold property damage. Scott said, "You Miss Kara are falling behind on the drink total. Care for another? Again I am buying." Scott could tell that the situation with Reiner and Orion could weigh on Kara eventually. He said, "Again they're over 21 and they're finding away to blow off steam. If they really get into trouble we'll think of something or someway to help them out. We're just that good. Besides we take care of our own."

It had been a long time since Scott had a night like this. Just hanging out with Mae without their apartment coming into the conversation at some point, and with Kara without the conversation being strictly about movies. He was determined to enjoy it for all that it was worth.
Mentioned/Interactions:
@of Dirt
@Absinthe

@LuckycoolHawk9

[/Fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.