A Stressed Bean's Search! (original & fandom)

C

callofthevoid

Original poster
About me!
  • So the basics! My name is Emma, I am 22, I have a nearly full time job that drains the life and soul out of me. I have been roleplaying on and off for over a decade and am coming back from a long, much needed break. I miss it though, so here I am again!
  • As mentioned above, awful job is awful. As a result, realistically I will only manage one reply per week. If it's a good/quiet week, this might be more, but those are few and far between tbh. My posts range from 3-6 long paragraphs. Length is not that important to me, but naturally, quality is.
  • I primarily play [queer] male characters, though I can and will double where required. I roleplay and am comfortable with any and all sexual and gender identities and pairings
  • I love OOC chat and world building. I love making friends outside of the story but also love to plan and discuss story elements. Basically, I can and will talk your face off if given the chance and irl time permits.
  • This is probably the most important point. I am only looking for one to three partners, three being my absolute max. Usually, I am very free with taking on partners, but this has often led to me feeling overwhelmed or not being able to keep up to date with roleplays when my life gets a bit busier. Since I'm only taking on a small number this time around, I'm only agreeing to roleplays that I know I will be able to sustain interest in and content for. I'm really sorry to anyone this offends or anyone whose ideas aren't accepted, but I'm here for fun and a bit of escapism and I don't want to feel obliged or stressed about replying.
Partner qualities!
  • A partner who understands time constraints and won't mind me disappearing for a few days at a time. I take a lot of time offline to unwind from my life and just recover when things get too crazy. I am good at telling my partners in advance if I need extra time for a reply and will give a time frame, but I ask my partners not to push me on replies. (I don't mind chat check-ins but I don't react well to pressure)
  • Decent quality of writing and post length. I always try to match my partner's length but I would ask that we both try for a three paragraph minimum.
  • Willing to chat and plan!
Original Plots!
(Some of these were taken from my old account's thread)

• Heroes & Thieves (Superhero/Vigilante): [TAKEN]
    Okay, this is one I'm seriously craving! We will both be playing young heroes-in-the-making with unique powers, who are eventually recruited to their city's hero organisation (think Agents of SHIELD/Justice League-ish), only to discover that it's not what they initially thought it would be. This will obviously need a lot of building, including heroes, villains and building the organisation.

• Summer, Man (Friends/Romance):
    Two college students return to their sleepy hometown for the summer and end up working together in a tiny ice-cream shop. Whatever their relationship or interactions in high school, they will have to put it behind them for the next few months and learn to work together. This has space for romance or just friendship, with or without a past

• Bottom of the River (Historical drama):
    At the height of World War I, a small village in rural England has been decimated by the draft, leaving them with few male citizens. The women of the village must assume the roles left vacant by their fathers, brothers and husbands who've been sent to war. Two women struggling with their new roles find comfort in each other.
Fandoms!
(OCs always preferred)

• The Witcher:
    It is taking every fibre of my being not to start another playthrough of this game, like seriously. I would love to take a shot at playing young (new?) Witchers, post the Wild Hunt. Can you imagine mentor Geralt? Because I can.

• Supernatural:
    Recently rewatched season 1 and forgot how much I loved this show at the start. I have never gotten past season 9 because I lost interest. That being said, I would like to go with the early vibes of season 1/2 when it was about monsters and demons etc. Preferably OCS who hunt monsters with maybe some interaction with the Winchesters along the line

• Modern Hogwarts:
    Again, OCs here, in a modern setting. Enough said.

• Twilight:
    Look there's been some weird Twilight-renaissance recently and I don't get it but I'm here for it. I love remembering how much I loved that story (as bad as it was). I think it would be great craic [fun] to insert some OCs- vampire, wolf or human- into this and see what happens.
If you are interested in any of these, please send me a PM. Also, if you have any ideas relating to any of the above, send it to me too (there is a strong chance I will like it)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Stray Cat
Interested in Heroes & Thieves