A Star to Light My House By (Savvy Savant and BarrenThin)

"I'm not dodging anything but the desire to hit that ass." House continued to try and draw attention away from his moment of wanting to discuss Eden.​

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Her blush deepened, and she stared down a the floor. "I think otherwise. You wouldn't have looked so thoughtful, if that was all you wanted."

"..And be glad you're dodging that. I'd you didn't, you'd have to try dodging a slap to the face," she mused.​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
"You'd be slapping me during... 'Hitting' in this context is a euphemism for sex, dumbass." House frowned at her.​

"Exactly. Try it and I'll make you see more stars than you do, now."

"..You're still dodging the question."​

"I'd love to see more of a certain star." House tilted his head, still dodging the question. Rather smoothly, if you asked him.​

This earned a heavy sigh, and she crossed her arms, shaking her head. "You can be a real pain in the ass, y'know.." she grumbled.​

She didn't get what he meant by this, at first, but caught on fairly quickly judging by how her face just got more red and how she hid it behind her hands. "You just.. Ugh."​

Satisfied he had drawn attention away from his moment of weakness, he smiled. At that moment, a staff member came and flopped down a folder on his desk. He looked at it and sighed.​

It seemed her embarrassment had caused her to let up, for now.. But she still wasn't letting up so easy. She'd get him to share.. Eventually.

At the entry, she instinctively moved her hands away, forcing them to settle in her lap. She didn't want to seem even more odd to the people around here... In fact, she was surprised more people didn't seem suspicious of her.

For the time being, she just watched House quietly. She still wasn't fully aware of all he did for a job, but she'd started getting something of an idea.​

"It's lung cancer. Go away unless you can find something fun."​

"Where do you suggest I go?"

"I mean, I'd gladly use any excuse to escape you and your perverted little quips, but this place is something of a maze to me."

She'd offer her help, but there was honestly nothing she could do.​

"Not you. This idiot." House frowned at her before making a 'run along' gesture at the man that brought the folder.​

"Oh."

She just watched this quietly, sheepishly. There wasn't much else she could do.​

House sighed. "Here. You're... smart. Take a look at his file. See what you think." The file was for that of a ten year old boy. Chances are, House was right; it was lung cancer. That was peculiar in someone his age, though.​

Evidently, she was surprised by this. "...I thought I was an idiot?" she deadpanned with a quirked eyebrow, before glancing over the file. She really was no doctor.. Even if she were, stars and humans seemed to have slightly different physiology, in the sense that stars didn't get sick. How would she know what ailments the boy suffered..?​

"You are. I just wanted to see if you had some magic bullshit."​

She shook her head at this with a sigh. "Very funny. No, I don't have 'magic bullshit'. I'm the north star, not a witch."​

• Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
"Quite funny, really.." she huffed with annoyance. She took jokes fine, but witches weren't something she was fond of. "You saw how I reacted to that witch that attacked you, earlier."​