Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
As long as the plot's good I'm in. That says nothing useful though... so I'll say: sci-fi, fantasy, I'm curious enough about horror to add it, aaaand action? yeah, ok, sure, action!

• 6d720e6e878a7dede819239d2c61eb87--environment-concept-environment-design.jpg

• The time of the clans has long passed. All that remains is the single clan that encompasses what remains of a once thriving era. Entire clan names have diluted down to mere bloodlines. A history of slowly disappearing groups of people.

While clans were once marked by their abilities, it is now only rarely seen within the bloodlines. Only a handful can boast of their awakened abilities, and do it well within Village grounds. There are so few of them that they, by default, form part of and train for the village Guard.

In the current era, the Clan Village is home to the bloodlines. To the outside world it is a relic, resistant to change nay incapable of it. It resists technology by nature. A tourist might find their devices glitching as they approach the territory and nonfunctioning at all once they stand at the entrance. A Village native might travel to a city and find the arcade machine suddenly out of order after playing a quick game. The Village may not have changed as much as the outside world over the centuries, but it has been influenced and shaped by it to some extent.

As wars settled and peacekeeping agreements were made, Government and Clan currently hold an accord that allows clansmen permits to leave the village and live in modern societies. Certain conditions must be met - monthly checkups, record keeping etc. - that nowadays are mere paperwork, however they were once based on the danger of having a clansmen with supernatural powers living in peaceful cities. Another condition, though more sensible presently than the last, is to have clansmen living a distance away from each other when outside the village. The purpose is to avoid as much technological disruptions as possible.

In recent years however, there have been rumors through the grapevine of a group of individuals actively opposing this agreement through secret but violent means. By some unknown method, they have been forcing awake abilities among the clansmen. Already people watch the news with fear that the next victim might appear in their area, that they too might lose control and hurt those around them. Already people fear that clanswoman neighbor with whom they used to be so friendly.

Tension rises, the Government sense the danger and the Clan feels the threat. In response the Clan has called back every clansmen outside the Village. Clan leaders want to control the situation by quarantine, facilitating their efforts to find out who is responsible for these attacks. People within the Village too are afraid, they do not know how abilities are being forced and therefore have no idea how to prevent themselves from falling victim. Rumors comfort some, letting them know trial and error follows success as the culprit group continue their mysterious plans.
  • Guidelines
    - Be proactive but reasonable.
    - Two active characters maximum per player.
    - No one liners and no fluff writing.
    - Iwaku rules apply.

Key Points:
    - All characters will already know each other since they all grew up in the village, doesn't matter if they left it or not. (The point is to skip introductions and get to the plot)
    - Plan or establish character connections beforehand. Character Sheet will also have a section to help you do a general version of this.
    - If you want your character to be part of the revolutionary group, PM me.
    - If you want your character to already have their bloodline ability PM me. Keep in mind, they'll be living in the village and training or part of the village patrol.
    - Characters will be NPCed and their fate will be decided upon by GM unless player expresses their wishes before leaving the RP.

Discord: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

• Blotia
      Mark: Two snakes wrapped around most of the body, from neck to lower back. Yellow snake represents truth and wisdom. Dark purple snake represent lies and greed.
      Ability on Record: Blood magic

Guvon
      Mark: A circular tattoo on his right shoulder
      Ability on Record: Tattoo Manifestation and Manipulation

Lazlow
      Mark: Blackened Fingers
      Ability on Record: Sand manipulation

Kinnar
      Mark: Silver Atman at the center of her brow.
      Ability on Record: Astral Summoning

Nakano
      Mark: A reddish birthmark in the shape of a star
      Ability on Record: Fire Manipulation,

Ranta
      Mark: Spotted tongue
      Ability on Record: Acceleration Manipulation "Thrust" - By touching it, the user can propel an object in one given direction so long as said object has no obstructions that would prevent it from moving.

Rona
      Mark: Specific Design around the eyes (see character image)
      Ability on Record: Rage Manifestation

Saxon
      Mark: Facial tattoo
      Ability on Record: Master of blades. Swordplay is taught to all their children. Most of the time the ability manifested as the ability to magically summon a sword of some sort.

Silvain
      Mark: A tattoo on the arm. Though the design is consistent within the bloodline, size is not. Some Silvain clansmen have theirs all the way from shoulder to hand.
      Ability on Record: Wind manipulation.

Spiegel
      Mark: White Hair
      Ability on Record: Water Manipulation

Vladislauv

Mark: Black Earth over his sternum.
      Ability on Record: Earth Manipulation

Yormung
      Mark: Dragon shaped birthmark at the nape of the neck
      Ability on Record: Fire Breathing and Dragon Physiology

Ywan
      Mark: White scribble writing around neck
      Ability on Record: Avian Manipulation

• Your character sheet can be as simple or extensive as you wish. Most of the action should happen IC, but it would be interesting to know some details about your character that might be unlikely for us to find out through IC. Up to you. Here's a basic outline.

Appearance:(Picture and/or description is fine. No restrictions on pictures but if you're going to do a real person don't pick someone widely known.)
      Character Info
      Name: (First name only)
      Age: (Keep in mind characters can only apply to leave Clan village after coming of age ceremony. Each bloodline has their own tradition but every bloodline has a mark)
      Personality: (5 words)
      Village Background: (General Info every character should know about your character. Impressions, events, romance, gossip etc. Basically, common knowledge of your character before leaving the village whether it was your character who left or others. INCLUDE IF THEY STAYED OR LEFT THE VILLAGE.)

Bloodline Info
      Family Name: (Character's Surename)
      Family Mark: (Appearance and location)
      Ability on Record: (Ability your bloodline's ancestors where known for. Your character may awaken this ability or an aspect of it)
      Ability Status: (Dormant, unless you've talked to me about starting the RP with your awakened ability)

Relationships:(Optional - Any connections to the other characters. You can add this as we go or pre-establish it by contacting others. I'm more than willing to help. PM me.)

[btn=modc|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/intrigue-clan-struggle-rp-thing.165555/]INTEREST CHECK[/btn][btn=modc|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/a-stand-apart.165843/]IC THREAD (exists!)[/btn]​

Last edited:
I'm thinking healing/regeneration for my char if that's allowed

[Dash=Red]

upload_2017-9-29_20-22-14.png

Character Info

Name: Akira [Wolf]
Personality:
- Stubborn
- Impulsive
- Confident
- Caring
- Perceptive

Background:
- He did not grow up in the village, his father a member of the Nakano clan left at a young age. Once a year Akira's father would visit. Often times Akira was with him.

- In spite of Akira being away from the village, his father was very strict on the teachings of his clan proper. Training was harsh.

- Akira's relationship with his mother on the other hand has always been loving. His mother had always been a very ill individual though, leading to Akira often times caring for her.

- At the age of 14 his father left with no good-bye.

- Time passed, Akira's mother worsened in condition. In spite of the clan and government's financial help, life was still tough. While attending high school, Akira was permitted to have a part time job to help cover costs.

- Hitting the age of 17, Akira got involved with dangerous individuals, leading to a underground handling of weapons and drugs. Though not directly involved with the handling of drugs, Akira was brought on as hired muscle to ensure packages reached their destination. During this time he undertook the moniker of Wolf.

- Mention of his own heritage and his father is met with disdain from Akira, part of the reason why he refers to himself as Wolf now a days.

- Once the recall was put into place, initially Akira was reluctant to go, but with mother in mind he thought it'd be best for her.

Bloodline Info:

Family Name:
Nakano
Family Mark:
[Located on the inside of his left forearm]

Ability on Record: Fire Manipulation, [Wolf's Manipulation is not stable leading to violate explosions]
Ability Status: Dormant

Relationships: PM me.

[/Dash]

Last edited by a moderator:

24a6eb91acce2db2628cb413122d0322--trafalgar-law.jpg

Character Info Name: Lionel “Leo”
Personality:
  • Tends to space out.

• Quiet (well, a hunter needs to be after all)

• Finds it much easier to hit living things rather than targets with his arrows.

• Thoroughly enjoys camping out.

• More interested in nature than people. (mostly)
~~~~~~~
Village Background:
  • Though he was a fairly friendly child, he was never really into socializing very much.
  • As he grew up, he began spending less and less time in the village. He was normally out somewhere in the woods hunting or just relaxing. Nowadays you can usually find him either doing those things, or practicing at the Silvain archery range, which is really just a bunch of targets placed in concealed spots in a patch of forest outside the village.
  • Lionel has been known to hunt more than his family can really deal with at once, so quite a few other families have been gifted with his kills from time to time.
  • He never officially left the village, though he doesn't spend too much time inside either.
~~~~~~~
Bloodline Info
Family Name:
Silvain
Family Mark: A tattoo on his arm. Though the design is consistent within the bloodline, size is not. Some Silvain clansmen have theirs all the way from shoulder to hand, while Lionel has an eight inch long one running up his forearm. [spoili]
66zp8g.png
[/spoili]

Ability on Record: Wind manipulation. The Silvain clan was one of fierce hunters, each able to call upon the wind for help. It is said that they could hit impossible marks, and that some of their arrows were nigh invisible from the speed at which they flew.

~~~~~~~
Relationships:
PM me. (Or talk to me on discord since we have a channel up.)

Frey Ywan - wip

Last edited by a moderator:
Go for it. I'm closing sign ups on Sunday when IC goes up.... probably.

IC going up tomorrow for sure!

Reactions: Takashi and Sanctus
6198ce1b277ce4cc378fb0103a43ab7f.jpg

Name: (First name only) Fang
Personality: (5 words) Reserved caring patient cautious wise
Flippant

Village Background: His family have always been able to use super natural techniques to draw out information out of the blood of people doa if they cut them and taste their blood or they are dead but the blood is still fresh within a maximum span of two weeks.
They also tend to live a long time because they have really strong bodies and minds because of their extensive knowledge on medical and training from a young age.
He's known to be an excellent doctor and work all night to make sure some is properly healed or and they have no lingering illness even if that means he becomes disliked for being too pushy. He's also a great tracker even with his power not awakened he's always had good instincts and this makes him a good hunter as well.

Bloodline Info
Family Name: ( blotia)
Family Mark: (Two massive snakes resting their head on the shoulders and wrapping their body's round most of both the male and female body's the yellow is a good snack for the good aspects of meaning truth and wisdom ) The dark purple snake means lies greed. On the back of his neck going down his back.
Ability on Record: Blood magic

Ability Status: dormant

Last edited:
IC is open!

@Rads @cress Although I'm closing signups, you still have a chance to join because you demonstrated interest beforehand, so don't be put off by thi-

SIGNUPS ARE CLOSED FOR NOW!

Diceroll for awakened abilities has been done. Any newcomers will get a diceroll and be injected into the list. For the time being, the most current diceroll is available in the Extra Information Tab.

Also, I'm adding a Bloodlines sub-tab to the Character tab in case you'd like a quick reminder of who belongs where. It's a work in progress but I should get it done this weekend.

Reactions: Takashi
Bloodline sub-tab in the Character tab is done. It's pretty simple, but if you guys would like any additional info for easy access and comparison from all the characters, let me know.

• Character Info

Name: Jay
    Personality:
    Apathetic
    Progressive
    Self-centered
    Insincere
    Hypocritical

Village Background:
    • Jay was initially terrified to leave the village and was resistant to it. He took the rite when he was 14 after some pushing from others and began schooling outside the village... He quickly took to life on the outside and became a bit of a family shame.
    • Jay was always a bit of a mean kid, but not necessarily intentionally. He just doesn't stop to think about others first most of the time.
    • He's a bit of a snobbish asshole and tends to change his tune depending upon who is around and the general reception in a room. He's overly concerned with how others look at him.
    Bloodline Info

Family Name: Vladislauv
    Family Mark: Black Earth over his sternum.
    Ability on Record: Earth Manipulation

Relationships

• Uskir Lazlow - Uskir is essentially a cousin, the Lazlow being a branching of the Vladislauv bloodline.
    • Cyril Guvon - They were 'friends', but more, Jay took advantage of his gullible nature for his own amusement and bullied him around.
    • Open to more, just, don't have anything else atm.

• Character Info

Name: Peyton
    Personality:
    Reserved
    Artistic
    Dependable
    Industrious
    Empathetic

Village Background:

• She never really had much desire to leave the village, except to perhaps see what it was like elsewhere. Open to new ideas, she eventually out about a year ago. When the call to come back to the village came, she was actually rather thankful and happy to return home.
    • She always took on more than she could chew when people asked things of her. She frequently gets overwhelmed, but struggles to say no and pushes herself to do her best.
    • Her head was frequently up in the clouds and it always left her distracted. She's a bit of a daydreamer and even if she hates it from herself, she easily gets bored if people talk too long.
    • She was always more of a tomboy and of all the things from the outside world, being able to embrace that and be accepted was the one thing she misses.

Bloodline Info

Family Name: Kinnar
    Family Mark: Silver Atman at the center of her brow.
    Ability on Record: Astral Summoning

Relationships

• Open to more, just, don't have anything atm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mglo
(copied from discord in case you haven't been there lately) Mglo says: If you're planning to continue playing in the RP let me know even if you don't have time to post soon. If you're planning to drop out let me know or say nothing (up to you). Just asking because something's coming up and it will uh, give me good opportunities to write some death scenes 8D

tagging the people who haven't posted yet/we haven't seen/heard from in a while @Alpha @Sanctus @Rads

(copied from discord in case you haven't been there lately) Mglo says: If you're planning to continue playing in the RP let me know even if you don't have time to post soon. If you're planning to drop out let me know or say nothing (up to you). Just asking because something's coming up and it will uh, give me good opportunities to write some death scenes 8D

tagging the people who haven't posted yet/we haven't seen/heard from in a while @Alpha @Sanctus @Rads
i'm be flying from 30th so monday but still interested in this rp

i'm now back and active again. sorry for not being relatively online. but man i must have missed many things...

No problem just jump in whenever you can!

After a very long hiatus, this RP will be continuing. However, given the loss of some members, some changes have been made to the plot though they will be mostly affecting the future of the story rather than anything that has happened before. For those of you only just finding this small roleplay, you have not missed much and this restart will be a good opportunity for you to jump in if you so wish it.

In the next few days, small updates will be made to the plot mainly to do with the change from "good vs bad" to a more ambiguous struggle between two sides.

Additionally, a GM post will be made in the IC to not only initiate the restart, but also to explain the present state of affairs and the setting. In other words, you don't need to read any previous posts made in the IC to be able to participate. All you will need is to read the basic plot in the OOC and the incoming GM post in the IC.

If you have any questions feel free to post here or PM me.

This was stated in the very first post ooc, but I will state it again: All characters that join in will continue to be in play unless the player explicitly tells me they want their character out or they themselves kill off their character. Otherwise, any character will become an NPC in the story and the GM, with player input, will decide the character's fate.

Because of this, characters from before the hiatus will be part of the story as NPCs as we move forward. If you left this RP and would like to NOT have your characters NPCed, please PM me so that we can rework our plans for the immediate continuation of the story.

Thank you!

P.S. If you read all of that, omg come and join us! I didn't scare you away with a wall of text 8D

"In the next few days" LMAO!! What a fool I was!

*Ahem* a month later more like D:
I didn't lie about the edits though, those did happen (minuscule as they were). IC post coming up this weekend.