A Squibbly Svest Production

Status
Not open for further replies.
He sat down in a similar position to her, tilting his head back to rest it against the door.
"I understand that you're angry..." He said softly "But I live all alone here."

"What about your parents? You said you're prince. Doesn't that mean at least your father is still here?" Or perhaps he simply needed to take a bride to become king. That was what happened to her father after his parents were both killed in battle.​

"My father - my biological father - was banished to hell. And the king... He died about 200 years ago. I need a bride to be crowned and I have finally found someone I want to spend eternity with." He sighed heavily, picking at his sleeve.

Her heart sank at his confession, head lifting. Dare she even ask? "And who is that?" She knew what the answer was, but hoped and prayed the name was one other than her's.​

She felt sick, honestly. She'd been searching for years to try and find a suitable husband to help rule her kingdom, and now, here she was, a prisoner to a man who intended to marry her. "And if I say no?" She questioned weakly, trying to stay strong. She needed to escape. And soon. There was no time to wait for her father, or the army.​

"I didn't actually think of that." Casimir chuckled, rubbing his face "I just knew I had to have you."
Then he sighed heavily and cast his eyes to the ceiling.
"I mean... I just get lonely."

"And I understand that. I've spent almost five years away from home. I got lonely, too." She sighed. "But you can't just take people, Casimir. Especially not me." She just wanted to go home. Empty handed was fine. She'd let her father marry her off to someone. He was a pretty good judge of character.

"Who are you?" He asked, frowning "You keep insinuating that you're really important but you won't say who. Kind of hard to believe and be scared if you won't say."

Her nose twitched in annoyance, more at herself than anyone. Her lips parted and she inhaled, but nothing came out. What to say? "I'm no one but an angel. I can't live in this place. I need sunlight, warmth, love." She sighed again, heavier, deeper. "Things you can't provide."

"I can do my best." He said "Just give me some time. Promise to stay with me for a year. I will do my best to love and cherish you, and I'll provide all the warmth you could want. If at the end of the year you still want to leave..." He inhaled shakily "You can."

The angel couldn't see any other option. She had no other choice. Fight him and probably get abused, or agree to this and let him play the role of good dog? She inhaled deeply, thinking about her choices. At least if she agreed to this, he would hopefully be nice to her. And he said he'd do his best. Which meant possible sunlight. Which also meant spreading her wings, and if she did, she'd be gone. "Fine." Sansa exhaled, remaining in her sitting position, hugging her knees tighter as she tried not to cry.

"Come to breakfast then." He grinned, standing up.
The possibility of having someone to talk to, every day, possibly forever; he had never been so happy. He was determined to show Sansa that he needed her to stay.

She didn't want to. At this point, her appetite really was gone. She'd just made a deal with the devil, and it turned her stomach into knots. But, better to play along and gain his trust than to sit behind closed doors with nothing but a fire for light. It took all her strength to stand up, hand resting on the handle for a long moment before she opened it. Sansa just stood there as long as she could, staring at the ground. But eventually her feet began moving, following him to wherever they were going.​

He smiled widely at her over his shoulder.
"Don't worry, I don't eat raw meat and bugs."

She didn't care what he ate. It wasn't her food. The kind she loved. The kind the chefs at home had made for her. "Tell me about yourself." Sansa said softly, more or less to point the spotlight off her. Her face was still sullen as she walked, stripped of any and all happiness.

"What do you want to know?" He smiled, turning a corner into a large, light dining room. The ceiling tapered up to a point and was painted a soothing beige. Windows lined the walls, letting in loads of weak sunlight. The only furniture was a large mahogany dining table in the centre of the room. Three plush, purple chairs were on either side of the table, with two white ones on either end. Three golden candelabras were spaced out evenly along the table, and in between them was a large array of breakfast foods: toast, with all the different spreads you could think of; sausages; bacon; all different types of egg; a variety of yogurts; a large jug of orange juice and a bowl full of fruit.

"This is my favourite room." Casimir grinned.

She didn't care. Not that she really wanted to know. But it was something to keep the conversation flowing. "Do you really not know what you are?" She was referring to his species, curious about that subject alone. How could one not know what they were? "I can smell some kind of demon blood in you, but I don't know what kind."
As the two entered into the room, her eyes scanned it, taking in the sight. Better than her room, that was true. And the food looked painfully normal for her, which was the best thing she'd seen since she began her journey. Eyes immediately fell upon the fruit, the strawberries, apples, raspberries. That was what she had wanted and her mouth started salivating. How did they do things here? In her castle, the maids and butlers served him. But here? She didn't know. Sansa held her composure quite well, moving to sit at the end of the table, watching him again.

He shrugged, pulling out a chair for her to sit in.
"Well," he smiled weakly "My mother was half angel. And my father an Eidolon demon. A shape changer. He disguised himself as my mother's husband, the king, and seduced her."

"Half... angel?" She asked, confused. Why would an angel ever mate with anything like him? It was baffling to her. "What was her other half?" A demon? That would be strange. This whole idea was strange to her. He was strange.​

Status
Not open for further replies.