A Soul, Bound

Sebastian checked his watch. He had just finished preparations for dinner and was now on his way back to the young master, dressed in his dancing attire. The ballroom was all ready.

He opened the door. He silently entered and stood beside his master, awaiting further developments.

Ciel's standing waiting for Sebastian in a change of clothes into a sleek blue outfit and turns slightly as he enters, "Is this absolutely necessary today, Sebastian?"

This was the worst part of the day for him. And the idea of dancing with Sebastian on top of it, made him even tad more nervous. Although he didn't let it show, and simply kept his calm collected cold look upon his face waiting for the butler to come over.

Sebastian nodded. "Unfortunately, Madame Lenormand's carriage was delayed in town today, so I will serve as your partner and instructor." He bowed low. He approached Ciel and offered his hand. Palm down, like a lady.

He stares at him slightly, thinking perhaps he misheard him, "Excuse me?" looking at his hand slightly. Dance with Sebastian...? His eyebrow twitches slightly at the thought cheeks giving a slight tinge of color to them.

Sebastian smiled. The master is too shy to take his hand without an excuse. "Young master, I'm sure you will not let such a minor setback as this prevent you from doing what must be done. The Viscount's ball is days away, after all. Come. I am merely a butler, but today I play the role of instructor." He flapped the fingers of his outstretched hand, beckoning Ciel to take it.

He hesitates, considering his reasoning before sighing a tad and reaches out taking it, "Very well..." He walks to the dance floor with Sebastian turning toward him a bit, putting a hand on Sebastians waist, eyebrow twitching a bit, in position to dance. He glances up at him faintly, "What will we be doing today?"

Sebastian placed his hand on Ciel's little shoulder. The master's face was at his stomach and his the top of his head was very visible. Humans his age really should be taller than this...

In the background the gramophone began to play a waltz. Sebastian waited for him to take the lead.

Ciel grits his teeth slightly, starting the dance and doing his very best not to step on Sebastians toes. This really wasn't his specialty either. He hated dancing. Always had. The only reason he had been learning it was upon the demons insistence on the subject.

Sebastian flitted gracefully around the room with Ciel. As gracefully as he can when Ciel was leading...

Still he couldn't help but feel a little excited holding the master so close to him, moving with him. The music gave them both a rhythm to move to together. They moved as one.

Ciel stops slightly after a bit as he steps on Sebastians foot and frowns. He had been successful in avoiding that for a while but now of course, he ended up doing it anyway.

"Sorry..." he muttered slightly. This was horrible. His focus was slipping, awareness mostly focusing on the fact he was dancing with Sebastian and not his normal teacher. Sebastian was a contracted demon and if he wasn't contracted, he'd probably be dangerous. Ciel wouldn't...no, couldn't let his guard down even for a minute.

Sebastian felt the boy falter and pouted. "That is quite alright, young master, but you must try to pay more attention to your dancing. Moreover, when dancing one must avoid looking at one's toes and look instead into the eyes of one's partner." He pulled Ciel's chin up until he was looking up at him. "Is something... distracting you, young master?"

Ciel looks up slightly, blinking. It took a few moments to register his words before he shakes his head, "No, nothing's distracting me.." He's vaguely aware of the fact Sebastian tilted his head up but ignores it and clears his throat, "Let's just continue I suppose." He really didn't want to but at least it would stop the questions.

Sebastian nods. "Of course. But please remember to keep your eyes on mine- it is the etiquette, you see." He wished to tear off the eyepatch. To gaze into Ciel's eye. The real window to his soul. It was beautiful to him in so many ways.

Ciel takes an unseen breath, staring back up into Sebastians eyes with his one blue one, doing his best not to step on the demons toes again. Throughout the rest of the song, he manages to lightly step on the others feet a few times, but not stopping for it this time. A frown of concentration decorating his face as he moves. Although he found the butlers gaze quite distracting on their own, a medium red with a shine to them. Once or twice he almost felt like he got lost in them before snapping back to his, to say the least, frustrating present.

Ciel's frown sent shivers down the demon's spine. It was like a cat who didn't like the meal it was given. That was the young master. A cat who finds mice disgusting and beneath him. A child who has lost his interest in childish things. He was deliciously unreal; so ignorant of his own nature.

The waltz regretfully came to a halt. He felt like he wanted to keep staring at that deep blue. He bowed down according to formality. As he bowed, he saw the pitiful state of his own black shoes as a result of Ciel's errant movement. Being a demon, he barely felt- even relished- pain, but it would still take precious time to get the shoes immaculate again.

"I think we can call ourselves done for today. No more lessons, young master. However, there is still the matter of the -ahem- package to be delivered. I shall have you dressed and a carriage prepared for the journey to town." He opened the door and waited for Ciel to lead the way to the bedroom.

As the dance comes to a very long awaited halt, Ciel breaks his gaze from the demons as the other bows. Letting out an undistinguishable sigh of relief among his normal breathing, he steps back slightly having been released from the dance hold.

Finally, the dance lessons were over, and Ciel could almost, almost, smile at that. But his usual frown stayed, still decorating his face as he nods. At least the next task was a bit easier. Anything was more enjoyable then waltzing around a room and stepping on Sebastians feet. Turning on his heel, he walks over, past and through the door heading back up the gleaming halls toward his bedroom.

"Where must we go to deliver this package?" he inquires as they walk.

Sebastian kneels behind Ciel in his room, clothing him in walking clothes. He tops it off with a velvet hat with lace trimmings.

"The package is to be delivered to the Undertaker, I believe. It will be in exchange for a set of documents which Her Highness requires for her personal archives. It must be quite important for her to ask you to deliver it personally."

He opened the carriage door for Ciel and told the coachman their destination.

Ciel listens to the information, nodding slightly. A faint curiousity to what the package contained lit in him but he quickly extinguished it. It was his Queen's package and it was important. That was all he needed to know. He was used to it.

Ciel steps up into the carriage before settling into one of the padded benches in the velvet interior, crossing his legs as he turns his head to watch out the small curtained windows.

"Here we are, young master." Sebastian opened the carriage door and assisted Ciel down from the compartment. In his arm, he carried a fine wooden box, which bore the Queen's emblem and had a lock in the front.

~~~~~~~~~

"What a charming corpse, so beautifully decapitated and scorched... I suppose if won't be an open-casket funeral then, heh heh."

Undertaker bustles around his shop, carrying jars of preservatives and occasionally peering into the caskets of his more favored "masterpieces". Outside, he hears a carriage come to a halt. He peeks out the window.

"Well, well, well, Earl Phantomhive graces my humble establishment once more. Heh heh." He hides the more "beautiful" corpses and takes out his bone treats. "That butler of his means more laughter."

Ciel hops down from the carriage slightly landing lightly on the paved ground, looking up a bit at the sign above the shop, inwardly shuddering. This place was creepy. He'd gotten less jumpy about it but it still gave him the chills, although he never showed such emotion. He walks forward to the door reaching out slightly hesitating as he steels himself before opening the door letting a bit of light in.

Ciel allows his eyes to adjust a bit before he steps down the small flight of stairs into the shop, if you could even call it that. The odd character they knew as the Undertaker was around here somewhere... He moves his gaze around the inside of the dark room full of coffins and well...a few odds and ends. Really odd odds and ends.