Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox= Upholding Promises | House of Marric, #FA8072]
75864065eafceab0b565bcf8d194e8c0.png
"Oh, Ida!"

The young woman looked up with wide, startled eyes as she realized that she had ran into the very person that she was rushing to see. "Oh, Lady Meera, I apologize for not getting upstairs sooner..." She was cut off before even finishing her sentence with a bubble greeting from Meera, as always. Ida smiled at her friend and let a soft sigh of relief out. "I am doing well, thank you for asking. I can see you are in a good mood today." With a nod, Ida followed her lady towards the gates to greet their guests. She couldn't help but grin when Valeria became impatient, "I'm sure I can find something good for you, girl."

Ida was glad to be outside and in the fresh air, she took deep breathes to let the cool fill her lungs. As they walked, Ida couldn't help notice the faces that they were passing, one being more familiar than the others. Ida smirked as she glanced at Meera, watching her become a young, blushing girl, as she said hello to Hel. The young woman also waved at Hel, but kept her composer even as Meera stumbled. "My time here has been great. People are kind, work is not too hard. Fun listening to the stories being told every now and then." Ida smiled at Meera before suddenly stopping, her face growing serious as the conversation took a serious turn. She could only look at her dear friend with wide eyes as she heard what she had to say. Once she grasped the seriousness of the situation, Ida nodded and looked around to see if there was anyone within hearing distance. When she made sure they were in the clear, she turned back and grabbed Meera's hands, "You can trust me."

After their small talk, Ida and Meera were finally at the gates, a bit of anxiety building up inside of her. During her time with the Marric's, Ida had not interacted with too many people from other holds or houses. She kept to herself until told otherwise and only spoke with those she knew. Footsteps behind the women made Ida turn away for a split second; it was Meera's twin brother. "Lord Alexander," her voice was soft in her greeting as she nodded curtly at him and returned her attention to looking at those whom were arriving.

Interaction: Meera, Alex, Hel

[/fieldbox]

Baylon wore a stony countenance as he took in his orders. The man himself stood firmly rooted with his hands clasped behind his back. He listened as his Lord bade him to find the young Faerson girl and bring her here. Upon hearing about the attendance of a Bolton heir, the old mercenary became moved towards hiding the young women. The order came to make accommodations for some 10 of the Bolton's guard. Baylon's worry came from word of a lesson taught by the Bolton's recently to a house on the coast of the Bite. The youngest daughter of House Corlaw had seen a finger severed for having dipped into a pie before one of the Bolton boys, it had been cut from her hand at the table. Baylon had been distracted a moment by his thoughts and refocused himself on Anselm. With a nod Baylon confirmed his understanding. Anselm had mentioned needing to move an appointment or two up so Baylon thought to make an extra effort today towards expediting whatever could be.

"I'll take it upon myself to handle whatever little tasks I can, my lord." Baylon said making careful effort not to mix the last two words as was typical of common folk.

Baylon unclasped his hands as he turned on and began walking away. Though Anselm had apologized for dismissing Baylon so quickly it did not bother him. He enjoyed being so quickly set to task as it kept him sharp. With each footfall Baylon's boots clacked against the ground, fading into to the buzz of the servants preparing the hall. Ahead Baylon saw Alexander entering the room, the pair exchanged nods in passing. Something in the younger man's face seemed to be set to some goal as he walked. As Baylon neared the doors of the main hall he heard Alexander ask for privacy. He turned his head to watch as the servants in the room flocked past him to other tasks.

He now moved with purpose to find the young lady Meera and her hand maiden Liana. Baylon thought on the girls situation to have been tricked into service. Baylon, having no family, could only wonder as to how the other Faersons felt having a sibling in service to another house. He thought to keep his daggers with him, regardless of their desires. Baylon took a turn and set down a corridor to the Lord's side of the Frosthold, where he would find Lady Meera's room. As Baylon moved through the halls of the Frosthold he found himself hearing a second set of footsteps behind himself. He felt his blood begin to pump with the unease of unknown. His left hand was drawn slowly to the sword on his hip as not to draw suspicion. Where his fingers met with the cross-guard they curled around it. The fingers pulled slightly at it to draw it just barely from the sheathe silently. Baylon's mind like that of many old warriors was finely tuned to search for danger and constantly defend oneself. The old mercernary turned his head to peek over his shoulder at the sounds. As his jaw came over his shoulder the second set of footsteps stopped. He froze in place then planted his feet while placing his right hand on his sword. Ahead of him was nothing except the hallway that he had just walked down. He walked a few paces down the hall and found himself satisfied with the lack of presence. Baylon loosed his grip on the sword handle and shifted his feet so that he stood normally. With a sigh Baylon ran a hand through his hair. He turned back to the direction he'd been walking before and resumed the task. Baylon's mind like that of many old warriors was also prone to the ghosts of war, things that were not but could always be some form of threat.

As the Master at Arms of House Marric climbed the stairs to the residential area of Frosthold he chided himself for his skittishness. At the top of the stairs Baylon let out a low breath as he rolled his shoulders. He walked down the hall until he found the door he recognized to be Meera's. The scarred knuckles of his right hand rapped across the wooden door with some force. After a number of moments passed he tried again, this time using the bottom of his fist. He waited for a moment longer then spotted a servant woman down the hall, he did not recognize her but he was not often giving orders to them. The woman was older with blond locks and dirt covered face. In either hand she held a chamber pot and Baylon now knew why he did not know her. She came in the morning to clear the evenings happenings and he was often tasked with other things. The old warrior moved down the hall towards her. He looked at her stained gown and felt a small deal of pity for her.

"Girl," Baylon addressed her, "Have you seen Lady Meera?"

The servant was startled by his words after being involved in her work. She set her work aside a moment and stood straight. She looked up to Baylon then cleared her throat before speaking.

"The gates. I believe she and her hand maidens have gone to greet the guests, " The girl said quickly, her voice was raw with sickness.

"Was the girl Liana with them?"

"I've no clue..."

"What's your name?" Baylon asked, his tone was as usual unintentionally cutting.

"Ora is my name."

"Thank you, Ora."

Baylon turned and walked back down the hall to descend the stairs. He moved now with haste towards the gates, worried that he would miss his opportunity to fulfill his duties. Taking the stairs two at a time Baylon made good time exiting the hold. His walk was quicker paced than before causing his sword belt to clank against the dagger belt above it. He took one final turn then found himself back in the main entrance of Frosthold again. He moved through the large open doorway towards the gate. As he walked his pace slowed and his stride lengthened. Baylon's right hand rose to the dagger on the right side of belt and hooked a thumb over the sheathed blade. He rested his hand there as he moved to the gate. He looked across the main yard towards the guardhouse then thought to the number of Bolton troops he'd be accommodating under the same roof. Bolton dogs could be controlled easily and he knew that, all it took was a smack on the nose to put them in line. But their masters could be unruly. Baylon didnt know which of the Red King's sons was being sent but he wasnt hopeful about their character. As he neared the gate his eyes fell upon Meera and Alexander. The corner of Baylon's mouth turned up while the edges of his eyes seemed to soften for a moment. At the young lady's side was her pet, Valeria and next to her the maid Ida. As he approached he dropped his hand from his hip and straightened his posture. The guards began raising the gate as Meera commanded. The stony countenance known to many found it's place once more as his pace slowed then stopped.

"My lord, My lady," He said bowing his head to each in turn, "Have you seen Liana, Lady Meera? Lord Marric wanted to speak with her."

[fieldbox=A Village Sieged from Within, #1589FF]
Sven
Hunter for House Trevelyan

Near a small village under House Trevelyan

Several hours after the morning hunt

There weren't many trees near the village, but the few that were have been nice, large trees. Many branches on their top, providing an incredible shade, but it would be incredibly easy to spot anyone who decided to rest underneath the tree. On the tree, however, was a different matter.

The branches mostly obscured the view in both directions, and it would take sharp eyes to see in either direction. Luckily, the eyes of hunters and scouts were trained to be sharp. While he came towards the village with a couple more scouts, fully loyal to House Trevelyan, they agreed it would be best to split up and look at the village from several directions before meeting back at a predetermined spot within a few hours.

They were there to gather information, not intervene or interact with anyone in the village.

Sven didn't know how the other two scouts handled themselves, but he knew that there was little chance anyone would spot him. He could see glances of the village, but those glances alone provided so much. One was of a main road in the village, with a few stalls of people trying to sell food or poor quality wool. another spot gave him a look of one of the pathways into the village. And that spot was the one that caught a bit more attention to him.

The Blood Brothers that occupied the village did not let several people leave the village, nor did they let a roaming trader in. They were keeping tabs on everyone. A count they could remember, ensuring no one tried to run and inform anyone of what was occurring. The odd thing was that there wasn't much occurring anyway.

While Sven couldn't make out what was being said, the way it was being told was clear that it was not friendly. They weren't full on murderous on anyone that spoke up, but they were harsh and strict. One of the Blood Brothers even dropped a man to his knees and made him stay that way for several minutes before letting him up. It wasn't torture, but it certainly counted as making an example out of him in Sven's book. Worst thing that could've happened to the man was that his knees hurt a lot, and the hidden hunter shuddered to think what kind of tortures the Blood Brothers could come up with.

But there were no actual tortures. No Blood, no real disturbance of the peace aside from the part no one could enter or leave. The Blood Brothers let people inside the village be, having patrols and ensuring no one left or entered from what he could tell.

As he watched through one of the small spots at an occurring guard swap of the Blood Brothers, he wondered briefly how he should approach Lady Amber when they returned. While the deal he struck with her father appeared to still exist, he wanted to ensure it with the new leader of the house. He could always request a meeting, but he had an odd feeling that she most likely had a lot on her plate, with the way things were and how the Blood Brothers occupied certain villages. His last thought regarding her was wondering if she would be relieved to hear there is no bloodshed, or if it would bring further concern to her mind.

Moving to focus his sight on the spots he could see, Sven made sure to also keep an eye on the shadow of the tree. He needed to make sure he knew when it was time to go meet up with the scouts and head back to report.[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Trevelyan Council - Part 2, royalblue]
In Tornburg Keep,
A collab between Espoir, QT, Gerontis and Oetje.

Summary:
Lady Amber of House Trevelyan holds council. She got some feedback from her councillors that were present as well from the hired retainer, Jorvan. Once the advice and questions are asked, Amber clears some things out.

[spoili]
Jorvan stared at the small pouch but didn't move to touch or inspect it. He was familiar that some manners of certain mercenaries were harsh. It had to do with reputation and in order to keep contractors from being serious, actions like these were used to reinforce to not slack on payment. Yet while he could reason what the motives were, he couldn't condone them. Listening to lady Trevelyan, Jorvan remained silent. He had to say that the daughter of Carron was quite good to voice what she didn't like or want. He could understand her reasons but he opted to stay out of the politics of the house. There was some doubt if his debt would be paid too but this hardly seemed like the time and place to bring that up or try to be witty. Still, Jorvan would nod slowly even though, to indicate that he listened and agreed.

"Then what will you have us do?! War with the Blood Brothers would be the fastest route to victory, but by doing this we put our men, the few we have in trust, at risk. Not only them, but the people who are chained against will out there by men your father promised to pay. These men aren't out there because of choice, their out there because of circumstance! If you speak to them, they WILL listen my Lady. They must be reassured that they hold the trust of House Trevelyan, despite their upbringing or profession. They are like every other commoner held in contract with this House. All they seek is their pay, taking action and barking loudly because we failed to honor that agreement. They fought on our side, on the side of Lord Carron Trevelyan. If we turn from them now, if we do not honor our agreements they will fight for others. They are mercenaries, I know this, the lot of you think they cannot be trusted. Believe me, I think the same, but we cannot go about this wrongfully. If you were in their position, would you not do the same?" he asked the table, looking at all three individuals equally.

Anderon perceived honor more valuable than coin - even though this situation particularly called for a balance of both. He stood from his chair, hands knotted to his tailbone. "If we do not honor your father's contract with the Blood Brothers, then we might as well not honor any of them. Is pride more precious than life? This is not weakness Ladyship, this is diplomacy. If we call for alliances, we can amount to all the coin we need. It does not have to be with the Marrics. House Foreland of Wealdstone, House Darkwater of Linemill, even House Woodhall of Woodhall Manor would stand by our side as our bannermen. It is a temporary solution to a much greater problem. From there we will regroup and start anew. We will not beg for help, help will be provided. If we strike them down like deer, everyone will turn against us. Do you wish to bring fear to all our patrons? Because killing the people we owe will surely bring forth that intuition."

Trying to reason with the younger heir was more difficult than presuppossed. Her first act as leader of House Trevelyan would initialize the future events of a reign. Allowing blood to be spilled at first zenith would be catastrophic. Anderon envisioned Amber Trevelyan to have the heart of her father. Maybe she blamed his death on that compassion. Despite being around for her formative years, Anderon knew very little of Lord Carron's child. He knew the difference between her and the other children - distinguishing her strengths from the others - but was too submerged by Lord Carron's side that he was absent much of her life. Now he is simply attempting to steer her in the direction her father would of wanted. Directed away from greed and wrath and focused on entitling House Treveylan as a righteous house.

"Yeah, sellswords are quite untrustworthy indeed. Vile lot, if you ask me." Jorvan said in a quite sarcastic tone, his right eyebrow perking up as Anderon stated that sellswords couldn't be trusted. While the man was aware that the advisor did mean in general, Jorvan wasn't so sure if he should be content by assuming that. "If I may, I can answer your question, good ser. I would likely resort to some grim action cause while some might regard mercenaries as a greedy lot that only fight for gold, they will have the idea that nobility are nothing more than gold hoarders. And not to be trusted."

Zahara stood up, chest heavy. She hadn't said anything yet about Amber's decision, but Amber's advisor was something she needed to address. She'd never enjoyed the man's presence, but she didn't hate him. The way he handled things was simply frustrating at times. "Ser Anderon," she began, her voice steady, though insinuating some sort of annoyance towards the older man. "If I were you, I'd watch the way you speak. You are my sister's advisor, are you not? I may not agree with her, but I will support her and the last thing I want to see in this house is a man raising his voice at our leader." She turned to her elder sister. "If you allow me the chance to go with someone of your choosing, I will abide by your wishes. The last thing I'd ever aim to do is bend my knee to House Marric. You have my word."

Anderon lowered his head at Lady Zahara's rejoinder. He bit his lower lip, vexating against the response of those who've never dealt with statecraft. He was stripped of revile remarks as his place held no voice against the sister of Lady Trevelyan - blood was thicker than water. "Apologies Lady Zahara, I meant no disrespect," he expressed, making an effort to refrain from dealing further insult to injury. Taking his seat again, Anderon used body language to repeal his actions. He placed his hands before him, forearms resting on the tabletop and fingers interlocked. Turning to face his Ladyship, he would once again attempt to provide a more pacific resolution than the one the table was reaching for.

"I simply wish to deal with the Blood Brothers without spilling more blood. I'm sure than can be understood," he stated, then turning towards the sellsword who's face irritated with mistrust. "They do not trust us because we have failed to make payment, but we are all they have. If they kill our civilians then they get nothing. It is in their best interest to keep those men, women and children alive. And like you said, you'd be partaking in this revolt if you were in their shoes......which you are. So what's stopped you?"

Amber listened briefly to what was being said between the three present people. She would let them talk and react to her words. They all had different views and ideas on the problems that were troubling House Trevelyan but Amber was assured that both Zahara and Anderon were having the best of heart for the survival of the house. She hoped the same counted for Jorvan but she reckoned that he was more concerned with his own troubles. When Anderon was done speaking, Amber was at the ready to speak up but Zahara rose up and spoke. Amber's blue eyes briefly turned her gaze towards her younger sibling. No hint or ghost of a smile dawned on the thin lips of Amber but she felt a bit confident with her sibling still supporting her.
"Good. If you desire to go then I will give you a small entourage. It will be a few days riding from here to Frosthold. You will go there as a guest, partaking in the events. But you will do no more than trying to learn what is going on there. I still don't want any alliances settled until I have sorted the current mess." Amber gained an idea but she would keep it for herself for now. Her attention turned towards Anderon.

"Good ser, I understand your points and concern. But they did threaten and harm subjects of House Trevelyan." Gesturing to the small pouch that still resided on the table, remaining untouched by everybody, Amber continued. "I rather not see blood spilled for money but I can't just abide or even pay those who have harmed children who I should have protected. It is my duty to uphold the laws and order in these lands as leader of House Trevelyan. That means I can't just negotiate with some damned lot in order to just preserve my own hide. What will our bannermen say when they hear how we approached this situation? What is stopping them from entirely seeing themselves as our vassals, seeing we just reward those who do terrible things to our people? No."

Tapping the table with her right index finger Amber shot a look at all three present people.
"I will assemble a force. We still got more than enough to deal with the Blood Brothers. It won't be a straight out attack. As I said, I rather avoid more innocent blood to flow. But I will make it clear that everybody that dares to harm children under my protection will pay a heavy price. And to answer your question, ser, no. I won't. I will never harm a child because I desire to see some money. I fear that my father will turn in his grave if I will ever consider such a vile act."

Straightening her back Amber would place her hands behind her back.
"We will do it as I say. Zahara will travel towards Frosthold, resembling House Trevelyan in my absence. I will rally a force and prepare a plan. One that I will need you to help me lead, ser Anderon. Together with my uncle and master at arms, Lionel, I am certain we can bring the Blood Brothers down. Once we have dealt with them, our bannermen will be next. I have not yet forgotten how they openly laughed and mocked my father's rule. Regardless how much I despise to invoke or rule with fear, I will do so to preserve my house and father's honour. For now, this is my decision and you as Zahara are dismissed," nodding towards Anderon and Zahara, Amber settled her gaze on Jorvan.
"I would like to speak with you, ser, if you would not mind."

Jorvan had a most fitting answer at the ready to the address of Anderon. But before any sound could leave his lips, Amber spoke up. Keeping himself silent, Jorvan would simply wait till Amber was done speaking. He wondered briefly how many rulers would be so angry on hearing that children of their subjects got abused. Perhaps it was his own pessimistic viewpoint and bad experience that made this a rather a surprise but it was somewhat touching if he had to describe his feeling about it. When Amber dismissed Zahara and Anderon, Jorvan was slightly confused but would not show it. Instead, he nodded and remained further silent, waiting for what Amber wanted to speak about.

As both Anderon as Zahara took their leave, Amber waited patiently for them to leave the room. The door would close after them, leaving her alone with the sell sword. "I am sorry that you got dragged into this all," Amber said as she would flashed an apologizing smile while sitting on the other side, across the table from Jorvan, "I must thank you for your idea. I think that I will certainly use the concept of it. May I ask you for a favour though?"

Jorvan simply returned a smile, more wry than polite. "It is no trouble, m'lady. I found it somewhat interesting," he answered back. "And I am glad that I was able to suggest an idea to your liking." The question if she could ask a favour made Jorvan slightly hesitant. He knew that Arthur was likely done with not being paid for their services. Probably wanting to pack their stuff and head out. The thing was that Jorvan found his interest piqued by the current state of affairs and the shown attitude of Lady Trevelyan. She seemed strict and harsh but Jorvan was curious if she could fix the troubles that her father left behind. Besides, where else could he and Arthur go? The chances that they would find their trade exploited was not in any way smaller in the service of other Houses and nobility. "Certainly, m'lady. Though I must sadly state that I can't already commit myself to any requests."

"I completely understand, ser. I am already most grateful for that you and your brother are still present." Amber's eyes briefly lowered before she spoke up and looked back at Jorvan. "I promise you, good ser, that your debts will be paid and more. This campaign against the Blood Brothers is bound to finance some needs and the requirements to pay some debts. Unless mercenary companies don't keep their hoard with them, then I will find another way. As for my request," The blue eyes locked on those of Jorvan.
"I was hoping that you could escort my younger sibling towards Frosthold with a small entourage. Seeing the lack of children to serve as my heirs, she is the current heir of House Trevelyan. She means well and I would entrust her my own life. But," this time a wry smile found its way towards Amber's lips as she slightly looked away.
"I fear that she will try to aid my cause in her own way. And I just don't want to become dependent on any outside force. It will make the point of my bannermen only painfully truthful."

A silence followed Amber's words as Jorvan hadn't expected that as the request. He had seen it coming if she would ask him to help fight against the Blood Brothers. Or continue to train and instruct her men-at-arms as serving as a retainer. The concept to be a glorified bodyguard for a noble lady wasn't really high on his bucket list. It, at least, didn't sound as a heavy task. How hard could it be to just guard one person?
"I will. Though I can't say if my brother will be glad to continue his service for much longer."

"I can't thank you enough. I should add, though, that I desire you to go under an alias. The banquet won't be open for commoners if you pardon me. For that reason, I want you to go underneath the name of Ser Jorick of the Last River. A simple knight that was recently knighted before my father's death. I need you to watch over Zahara even if there won't be much of a threat and more," Amber continued in a most casual tone as if she wasn't revealing a scheme but just talking about the bees and birds. "It might serve me well in future causes and expeditions to know of the political climates in other courts. Whatever you can discover about the other Houses during your visit will be quite welcome as being financed. Though I was hoping that I could have your brother with me in the campaign against the Blood Brothers."

Jorvan considered it all. He wasn't a fan of scheming and political intrigue. But if he had just to be on the watch for one person and try to pick up some information, then it shouldn't be that hard? It wasn't probably that difficult as he imagined it to be if he would just play it cool. Slowly nodding that he understood it, he found it slightly amusing that Amber wanted Arthur with her in the fight against the Blood Brothers. "Arthur is a free man. You will have to request it himself, m'lady. But I will be willing to follow your plan. Just as long as you will keep your word."

"You got my word, ser."

"Good. To future businesses then, m'lady."

[/spoili][/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: junebug
[fieldbox=Arthur and Jorvan | Family Dispute, #FFBF00]

House Trevelyan Forge
Collab between Gerobb and Sketchers

[spoili]
Walking out of the keep, Jorvan released a heavy sigh. He wasn't entirely certain if he had made the correct decision but there was no way going back now on it. From the keep he would head towards the smith's workplace where he was hoping to encounter Arthur. There were a few things that they should have discussed before a decision should have been made. But he doubted that Arthur would really be much against it. Just one more promise that they would follow and if they wouldn't get their money then they would just move on to a new contractor or else even sell information on the situation of the House Trevelyan. Not the most honorable thing to do, Jorvan thought to himself but they couldn't sustain themselves from mere pride and honour. That was as considering hot air to be eligible for lunch. Arriving at the smithery, Jorvan looked around as he then spotted Arthur.

"Ah, I thought I could find you here." Flashing a smile, Jorvan would hook his thumbs behind his weapon belt. "I got some news. If all goes well, we might get paid sooner and even double of what they still owe us," Jorvan informed Arthur before throwing a look around. "Perhaps we should talk in a calmer area?"

"What, the heat's too much for you?" Arthur said cheekily. He took off his apron and hung it on a rack, pulling a pair of keys out of its pouch. After they left the building, Arthur locked the door and started walking towards the barracks. "So, we're finally getting our money, huh?"

"It could be," Jorvan said, shaking his head to subtly hide his smile. Walking next to Arthur, Jorvan considered how to answer that question. "Yes. Just one more task. Mine being a bit easier than yours, I imagine. That is, if you agree to the task that will soon be asked of you." Pausing for a mere second, Jorvan slightly raised his eyebrows before asking a question. "I suppose this will be one of those rare times I got to trust you to not make a mess without me nearby to fix it. Unless you don't agree with helping this House one last time to see if they will pay us, full?"

"Oh, don't be so patronizing," the young smith said with a hint of annoyance clear in his voice. He glanced back at the keep Jorvan had left, curious as to the nature of this so-called last job. "Tell me what I'm supposed to so we can get our money."

"I will stop being that when you know how to behave," was Jorvan's playful retort. As they were nearing the barracks, Jorvan remained quiet as they passed a few guards and men at arms. A few of them smiled, nodded or greeted the two brothers on their way. Once they were inside, Jorvan would make way with Arthur to their own lodging. It wasn't a big room that they shared but unlike those in service of House Trevelyan, they didn't need to share that much space with a few others. Entering the room, he waited for Arthur to step in before closing the door. "The plan is quite simple. At least, it sounds simple. I am to escort and guide the sister of Lady Trevelyan to a fancy banquet in Frosthold. Won't take me longer than a week to return, I wager. That is if, everything goes alright." Jorvan said as he would lean against the nearby wall and cross his arms.

"You on the other hand will be requested to join Lady Trevelyan in order to root out and take down the Blood Brothers. She already has a plan to lure those greedy cowards out of hiding and then it is just a simple whacking. You just should try not to get killed, I imagine and it will be fine." He informed Arthur in a most casual tone.

Arthur's face lit up as he heard his job. "Haha! Yeah, you'd probably be better at," he raised his head, half closed his eyes, puffed his chest, and spoke in a stereotypical southern-lord fashion, "fine discourse, rather than be in the dirt with... dirtmongers. Ho ho ho..." He let out a hearty laugh as his demeanor returned to normal. "Ah the Blood Brothers, those two bit hacks... Do you remember our little run-in with them with the Broken Banner?"

Jorvan let a chuckle on hearing Arthur's 'southern-lord' speaking. "I doubt that is the only thing I am better at, little brother." Jorvan winked as a grin became evident on his lips. "I do. I haven't told Lady Trevelyan or any of her advisers that we had a run in with them before. Didn't seem that wise to me seeing that one of her advisers literally stated he doesn't trust sellswords. In my presence. Not certain how I should take that but if that is how he feels, I rather have it that you keep some information to yourself. Certainly seeing what the Blood Brothers did. I take it that you have caught wind of it?"

"Maybe we'll see some other day," Arthur said with a wicked grin. "Eh, when the sellswords you know are the Blood Brothers, it's not strange for someone to react like that. The Broken Banner wouldn't have debased themselves so." He paused before continuing. "I heard rumours. One of the guards said they sent chopped off ears from the hostages when he came to give the order for some arrowheads." He scoffed and turned to his brother with a serious look. "We'd better get our payment after this! I've been working in that forge for three months with nothing to show for it, only because I trusted you."

Scoffing lightly and in an amushed fashion at the first comment, Jorvan turned more serious. "You think that but I was hoping we could have left some positivity," he said, with some clear sarcasm present in his voice, "Then again, the ser advisor doesn't pay us. So not really in need to please him or make him see us in a better way. As for the rumours, they cut off the fingers of twelve kids." The demand of Arthur made Jorvan slowly nod his head. "I know. But just bear with me this time. When was I ever wrong with trusting my guts? We are able to enjoy a free lodging, food and are promised some gold, at least. It isn't much different from how we started in the Bitter Steel company."

"When you thought it was a good idea to work for these people," Arthur sneered back in Valyrian only to return to the common tongue. "We were trainees then--"

"Watch your tongue, little brother," Jorvan said, his eyes narrowing. "I trusted you before and if I recall correctly, at least we----"

"Hey, don't get snappy! I'm still here, and you know--"

"Yes and so far we have been safe here. Last time that you got to pick a contractor, we got almost in a hassle with a few Dothraki. And I still got a few 'souvenirs' from those crazy fucks." Jorvan said, as he raised his eyebrows once more.

Arthur's eyes narrowed as he spoke. "If it were anyone else but me, you'd be left without a partner three months ago. So maybe instead of giving me shit for your lack of judgement, you should consider perhaps that you were wrong," he said. "I've followed you through heaven and hell, so don't talk to me about souvenirs."

"I will cause you know that I would do the same if you had made the call and we got stuck somewhere." A tense moment of silence passed before Jorvan spoke again. "Maybe I did pick a wrong contractor but you got to admit that it felt better to work for that old fart. He didn't treat us as mere dogs, which is a big improvement when you compare it to our previous contractors. Let us just try to get through one more job and hopefully we will get our pay then. Else we just leave and on the way take some payment." Jorvan suggested, shrugging lightly. "I figure we could manage to get something worth while if we don't get paid enough. Though not with hurting innocents. We ain't that low, I hope?"

Arthur heaved a heavy sigh before taking a seat. "I said fine, already," he said, rubbing the back of his lowered head. He looked back up at Jorvan. "So, does the brave lady have a plan?"

"Yes. She will prepare a few wagons with crates and chests, looking thus as if she will pay the Blood Brothers. If it is still that damned man of a captain, Torrack, is leading them then they will most likely fall for it. Once they will move in to secure the wagons and think it is filled with gold, she wants to lead an attack. The fact is that those Blood pests are in various villages. So she will want to divide her forces and lead some night ambushes to overwhelm them and then lure out the bulk away from any innocents." Jorvan explained as he then would shrug. "Won't really be much of a fight other than a slaughter if it will go all according to plan, I wager."

"Hm. Probably, but some of them would probably stay with the kids. It seems pretty reckless," Arthur said before shrugging. "But, whatever. All I have to do is cave some skulls in, so I'm good with whatever she's planning. Still, even if their leader is that moron, they're still professional killers. It might not be so easy."

"You can always trade with me. Escort a lady with some retinue towards Frosthold. Be at a fancy banquet where people will likely consider themselves amazing and what not. Perhaps you manage to even make one of them ladies swoon, eh?" Jorvan

"Ugh... That'd probably be more dangerous for me."

"Probably. A man with a certain kind of skill, expertise and vigor will be needed." Jorvan said, feigning a most serious tone. "It will be risky to not drink or eat too much. But yet not drink or eat too little to offend the host! Not to speak or linger too long around one lady but pay them each and all attention without giving trouble! Ah, if you only knew little brother how grim my task will be. If you only knew."

The young smith shrugged. "Good thing I won't have to. And you can forget about it soon enough," he said with a smile. "When do we leave?"

"I will leave soon. Got to pack some of my stuff probably right now. You? No idea. I would just ready that dreadful hammer and mood of yours." Jorvan said as he remembered something. "And remember. Don't try to become hero figure. We just do what they ask for one more time to see if they will pay us. If they won't? Then we will take our leave, with possibly some reward of our own." Arthur held out hand to his brother. Jorvan would grab the wrist of his brother while his other hand would wrap around Arthur's neck. The two knocked their foreheads together. "Be safe, brother."
[/spoili]

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Owen Trevelyan | Outside the Trevelyan Grounds, #8B4513]
Assemble the Troops

Sitting atop his mount, Owen looked across the field and surveyed the troops that were gathering. Despite his training, he could feel his nerves getting the better of him. "It never goes away." Turning as he heard the voice, Owen watched his father ride up beside him. Straightening up at the sight of Lionel Trevelyan, Owen lowered his head in greeting. "What never goes away?"

"The feeling," Lionel replied. "of watching hundreds of men preparing for the battle that may very well take their lives." Owen glanced away, looking back across the field. "You are ready for this Owen," Lionel continued, "do not doubt your own abilities."

"I just..." Looking back at his father, Owen kept his voice low. "I've never been in charge of so many lives before. What happens if I screw things up? These men put their lives in my hands and I-"

"That's enough." His father said, cutting him off. "You are right. These men are counting on you." Turning in his saddle, Lionel stared hard at his son, his voice low and stern. "You have trained for this your whole life, same as they have. Do not give them cause to doubt you and you will not have any cause to doubt them."

Reaching over, Lionel placed a hand on his son's shoulder. "Have faith in your men. Have faith in yourself. And have faith in the Gods."

Nodding his head slowly, Owen mustered up a weak smile. "How do you do it?" he asked, shifting in his saddle and resting one hand on the hilt of his sword.

"By trusting the words of my father," came the reply. Owen narrowed his eyes, watching as his father grinned. Seeing the boy's reaction, Lionel chuckled. "Remember that the enemy we face now, they are not soldiers. They are sellswords turned brigands. Many of them may be just as skilled as a common soldier, but they lack the true conviction of one. Their motivation is money, pure and simple. Make them fear for their lives and they are far more likely to rout than traditional soldiers." Lowering his hand to the hilt of his own sword, Lionel stared at his son for a long moment before nodding. "If our plan works, we will not need to worry about any innocents getting caught in the middle of things. We can separate the Blood Brothers and make short work of their disorganized forces."

"And if it doesn't work?" Owen asked, glancing at his father with an eyebrow raised.

"Then we move to the next plan and do our best to keep the civilians from getting hurt." Lionel replied. Pulling on the reins of his horse, the Master-at-Arms looked at his son once more. "Go to your men. We will move out soon." Owen nodded, feeling the anticipation rising. At this point, it was more excitement than nervousness. Preparing to lead his horses over towards the men under his command, he wondered how many of them would make it through this thing alive.

Lionel led his horse away, turning after a few paces. "And son? One last thing," he said, donning his helmet. "Don't be late for dinner." With that, Lionel dug his heels into his horse and rode across the field towards his own troops.

Owen grinned, shaking his head. Tugging on the reins of his own horse, he led the beast across the large field.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Jorvan, crimson]
Tornburg,
In service of House Trevelyan.

His things were quickly packed. After the meeting of Amber's council and speaking with Arthur, Jorvan went to work. It didn't take a lot of time as he didn't need much. Some more formal clothing, that wouldn't likely be on par with many noblemen. Even if they were of lower status. After all, Jorvan did have more use and liking to clothing that were easy to move in. He didn't ever value some expensive clothing that he would probably never wear or be in need of.

There was little that he would need. He would take his weapons and shield with him as going fully equipped with his gear. Compared to the gear of the men at arms, he seemed lighter armoured but it wasn't a fashion statement. With his own fighting styles being more focused on remaining agile and fast, Jorvan didn't like the idea of being worn down if there was no need to. A small bag containing some more proper clothes would be taken with him as he went towards the stables. Spotting already a part of the entourage that would guide and protect Zahara Trevelyan to Frosthold, Jorvan would release a soft sigh. Hopefully, he would be returning and face the grand reward he had been promised.

Once he was done, Jorvan would check the status of the entourage that was being prepared. Few of the household guards that would accompany and be present on this diplomatic errand were those who Jorvan had trained with. A short conversation soon made it clear that he had still plenty of time. Not one to wait, Jorvan would make way towards the smaller training field near the barracks as many men-at-arms were already rallied outside the stone walls of Tornburg under the leadership of Lionel and Owen Trevelyan.

The sounds of the training yard resonated as music through Jorvan's ear into his mind. Watching the group of men sparring and practicing their techniques was a sight that reminded him back to his time within the Broken Banner. He remembered how Rolan often made small groups and made them train formation fighting. Which seemed easy but it was quite hard to pull off together. You had to move, fight and listen together to the orders of your captain and officers. Not an easy task when another group was trying to hack you to pieces and bits, shouts and screaming men, the deadly song of steel swung through the air and equipment as armor rustling and jingling. A world of chaos, strife and where your life was in a constant balance between life and death. A state where a man could truly be alive if one had to believe the words of captain Rolan of the Broken Banner. A crude smile grew on Jorvan's lips as he continued to watch the men.

Eventually, he would start to walk through the field, giving here and there a few tips and even giving an example on how to swing a sword or axe better. Most men at arms in service to House Trevelyan weren't a bad lot but it was clear that some hadn't been through a tough battle yet. Deciding that it was time for some training in formation, Jorvan would split the present men into two groups. They all wear carrying large round shields as weapons of heavy wood, reinforced with some lead. Making them essentially heavier than the real shields and weapon counterparts of steel that they would use outside of training.

"Alright, form up!" Jorvan ordered as he watched how both groups would form a formation at each end of the field. The front rows locked their shields together as a silence dawned on the field. "Light pace, forwards!" Was the following order that Jorvan shouted. In absolute silence, the men would march in a calm pace towards one another. The silence wasn't just to keep the disciplined and allowing them to listen better to orders. It was a part psychological warfare as well. It was a known fact among some that screaming helped to relieve the stress and fear, trying to intimidate or scare away a potential threat. But Jorvan knew how strangely intimidating it could to face a company of enemies that didn't scream or shout battlecries. That just remained silent and would continue to do so while charging. It had something haunting to it as it seemed out of order. Abnormal.
While Jorvan managed to drill and train various units of the Trevelyan House forces into this being able to sport such a disciplined habit, it wasn't easy. A stern gaze of the man followed how both the formations of men would near each other.

"Double time, move it!" Jorvan ordered. Within two seconds the first rows would clash against each other. Shields being bashed while the blunt wooden and heavy weapons reached over the rims of the shield in order to land a strike. It wasn't a pretty sight as the first row would attempt to out-push one another while the second attempted to strike with their weapons. Most were able as the spear was a favoured and commonly found weapon, even among the more professional and better armed men at arms. It didn't take long before Jorvan ordered them to halt. He would gather the men around him and start to explain a few weak points and what they could do to improve their formation and way of fighting. Most, if not all, were quite eager to learn and seemed to forget that Jorvan wasn't technically one of them. Some questions arose among the present men, desiring to know how to make their formation more effective in combat. Jorvan managed to provide answers that satisfied them. Deeming that enough for today, he would pass on various simple training courses that they could conduct without needing his supervision or guidance. It would be time to prepare for his journey towards Frosthold anyways. A small select group of more veteran men at arms and the household guard would accompany them. Men who weren't green behind their ears and Jorvan doubted seriously he could best one of them without breaking in sweat. Which was altogether good news for him. Made his job a whole lot easier at least.

While Jorvan wanted to continue with another training, a servant came to report that the entourage was ready. Thanking the boy, Jorvan would release a soft sigh underneath his breath. While walking towards the stables he wondered what had become of his desire to stay out of the plots and schemings ongoing between nobility. Nearing the stables, Jorvan decided that it would be the trouble's worth if they could indeed gain their payment this way. Nearing the stables Jorvan did look forward to a nice ride out on the countryside. That was, at least, already a big plus.

[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Kit Kat
[fieldbox=Her Travels, #ff99cc]
Zahara
Tornburg Keep
mentions
@AceSorcerer @Gerontis

Eerie silence filled Zahara's bedroom as her ladies helped her pack for the journey towards Frosthold. Three outfits, three sets of jewelry for each dress, corset, and undergarment. "And the shoes, we can't forget those. These are my favorite; silver in color." Zahara handed her heels off to Anastasiya and she placed them in the large wooden trunk.

"Lady Zahara, you'll only be there for the evening. Are you sure you want to bring all of this? What if someone steals your jewelry?"

Zahara laughed and exclaimed in an obnoxious tone, "Oh, Anastasiya. No one will steal my things. If someone did, they'd be caught, and do you know what we do when we catch someone stealing? We behead them, plain and simple. A terrible fate, but if you commit treason, that's reason enough to be gone from this world. I'm fairly certain Lord Marric has his disciples under control. At least, I'd hope he does, you know? It'd be a shame if one stole from me."

Anastasiya nodded and placed the heels in Zahara's trunk. The last of her jewelry and beauty products was encased in a tiny box and set gently in the trunk. Zahara signaled them to close the trunk and she smoothed out her dress. "The men will grab the trunk. Thank you, ladies." Anastasiya and the other handmaidens bowed their heads towards the young woman as she left the room to the stables where her horse was being prepped for the long journey ahead.

She was shocked to find that the sellsword she'd dragged to the earlier meeting was approaching the stables as well. "Ah, good ser! You're here. I take it you're getting ready to ride out with my cousin and uncle? You look ready as ever." She went over to Lily where the stable boy, John, was brushing her. She dismissed the boy and took over, her voice steady and if one was observant enough, a subtle hint of irritation.

"I hear it'll be a tough out there, but you're used to that, and you're getting what you want. Bloodshed and more dragons for it."

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Laina Faerson, orange]
- At Frosthold. -

Laina would make a short bow as Meera told her that she could be called by her personal name. Laina, however, wasn't entirely agreeing that she was in the position to do so or should do so. But she remained only silent as she had no reason to speak up until Meera declared her viewpoint, that Laina was considered an equal to her.
"You are truly too kind, my lady." Was Laina's reply as she kept her eyes slightly averted downwards. Much like Meera's hound would react to the horn, Laina's attention would also divert away for a mere second. She caught herself wondering if Sanah and Rydan were already arriving or were taking it a bit slower. Laina's attention went back to Meera as the lady spoke again.

The hazelnut brown eyes of Laina didn't reflect her thoughts or state of mind but seemed to resemble a calm expression that was in line with her facial expression. A faint smile would cross her lips as Meera continued. "I will certainly do so, my lady," Laina said, once more offering a small nod with her head, "I haven't forgotten many things here that I have learned from my stay here." When Meera decided to greet the guests, Laina figured that it was only expected that she would follow Meera. But the latter stated that Lord Marric had requested for her.

"Then I will head towards Lord Marric right now, my lady." Laina said with a friendly tone as she would bow quickly and yet gracefully before turning on her heels to head the other direction. She wasn't entirely certain where she could find the Lord of the house and keep but she decided to just take a small walk. It would be without a doubt that she wasn't really needed for many important matters unless something weird had happened and her presence was considered more valuable. Which, wasn't likely going to be the case, at all. On her walk, Laina would slowly but surely make way towards the room that was dubbed as the Great Hall.

Once she arrived, she could spot various people and the Lord of Frosthold. Closing the distance between herself and Anselm Marric, Laina would keep still a small amount of distance between them as she wasn't entirely certain if he wanted to speak to her right now or had more pressing matters or people to deal with before she would learn why he had requested for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Interactions:
@Violet ,
Meera Marric
@AceSorcerer
Anselm Marric

Mentionings:
@Lesli
Sanah Faerson
@zane620
Rydan Faerson

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Anselm Marric - Frosthold, blue, solid, 8, book antiqua]
The nobleman perked up when the courtier appeared, turning around and offering a small smile as he pulled a small parchment scroll from where a servant had put it earlier- the hall itself was spick and span, with the only visible dust resting with the ashes of the fireplace's ash tray. The guest tables was arranged in a giant, blocks U-shape while the head table remained as it was, leaving plenty of room for the entertainment and servants to move around at will and take care of those being served. It appeared that it was a newer page encircled around an older one, rolled up and fastened with a blue ribbon and a red wax seal. Approaching her slightly, Anselm would be the first to speak, the light shining in through the open windows behind him.

"Ah, Lady Laina- just who I was looking for. As you know, I've been working on righting the wrongs committed by my fathee towards the end of his life. And, before the feast tomorrow, I figured this was an important one to do. Hold out your hand, please."

The nobleman then placed the parchment into her hands, removing his grip from it before speaking again.

"From this moment forward, you- Laina Faerson- are hereby released from you indentured servitude to House Marric. You do only as you wish, aside from the duties delegated to you as courtier and representative by your family. But, all in all, I cannot apologize enough for what my father tricked you into. We knew nothing of if when he put it into motion, and there was nothing that could be done to release you until now. Bound in your hands are the document he forced you to sign, and the one written by my own hand that frees you from the former. I just wish you luck and happiness, regardless of whether or not you choose to remain here."
[/fieldbox]

hel sand
I TREAT MY LOVERS THE SAME WAY I TREAT MY ENEMIES, WITH PASSION AND FIERCE DOMINATION

location: frosthold | interaction(s): lady meera (@Violet) ida (@Wolverbells) | mention(s): NPC Servants Lord Marric (@AceSorcerer)

Once the dornish bastard had finished cleaning up and putting on some nicer clothing than his training garb, Hel decided to make himself useful and bother some of the handmaidens and servers for the "grand" event. Most of said servers looked at him as a disgusting creature, invading their home. There was something to say about oneself if even the lowest of the low still treated you lower than that. Yes bastards were looked down upon, but a dornish bastard was the worst of the worst in their eyes. Such a savage he had to be. A monster? Yet Hel Sand had never shown such signs of treachery, but at last, he was still looked down on as the underside of a horse's shoe.

While he made his way to bother the handmaidens, the sight of Lady Meera sent his heart into a flutter of mixed emotions. Only around the snow princess did Hel Sand, the usually confident and charming bastard found himself lost for words. Even a simple good morning couldn't be spoken. Instead of words, he nodded his head and smiled her way. She wasn't the only one praying that a certain heat didn't rise from the collar. Almost forgetting that Ida had been standing there, Hel gave her a nod and smile as well. Not such a big and wide one, but a smile nonetheless.

Once out of visual sight of both females, Hel found his way to the other side of the castle. The servers and sellswords/spears side of the wonderful snow covered fortress. This is where he felt the most comfortable. Glad to be away from the noblemen and women of The North. He didn't have much to do for the moment, but he could at least get certain servants allowed inside of the event to tell him some details of everything once their services were no longer needed. His charm worked on both the women and men working for The Marrics.

For now, he decided to grab a little bit of food. After all, he hadn't eaten since the sun had first broken through the previously shadow filled sky. "These Northerners knowing nothing about excellent food. I shall find some way to bring my homeland's delicacies here for them to try one day." He spoke to himself as he heard the sound of a horses arriving at the gate of Frosthold. It was best he kept from being seen, as there wouldn't be much discussion if he was around.

Though Hel preferred being seen and heard, for now neither option would result in anything good for him. If he wanted to be paid in full for his services he would have to obey Lord Marric's wishes for as long as the gold kept coming in at a good quantity.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Violet
Tornburg,

Jorvan was busy saddling one of the horses. It was a brown mare that seemed, at first, a bit tense. But after Jorvan would try to ease the animal by patting the horse's neck in a gentle and slow manner, it seemed to become less wary. Once he was done with saddling the horse, he would put on the bag he had with him behind the saddle. His shield would reside at the left side of the saddle but not in the way of his legs. He remembered how annoying it could be to constantly have his knee go against the rim of the shield. As Jorvan was about to finish up, he heard a familiar voice speaking up.

Turning around he recognised Zahara Trevelyan. Hearing what she said, saying about her uncle and cousin, the ghost of a smile touched the man's lips. "I am sorry to say that m'lady is mistaken. But I will take the statement of me looking ready as a compliment." Jorvan replied, not hiding his amusement. Taking the brown mare he had saddled and readied by the reins with his right hand, he would incline his head towards Zahara as he kept the steel helmet at his left hand. "I will be going with you on the orders of Lady Trevelyan. Making sure that you will come home without a scratch as some other task I was requested to do. Luckily," The amused expression flowed over Jorvan's features. "I am used to tough tasks. Hopefully, there will just be some gold and not much bloodshed on this journey."

Nodding towards Zahara, Jorvan would lead the brown mare outside where the rest of the entourage was waiting. There he would put on the steel helmet, making sure that the claps would prevent the helmet from being too lose. Once he was done, he would proceed to mount the brown mare. Holding the reins now with his left hand, his right hand briefly rested on the hilt of his sword. Waiting for Zahara to be ready, Jorvan would once more incline his head slowly towards the woman.

"After you, m'lady. Here is to hoping that the Gods will prevent me from being too eager to shed blood, that my kind so dearly craves," Jorvan said, in a light cynical and yet respectful tone. With the steel helmet hiding his facial features, he didn't even try to hide the crude smile that would cross his lips.

Interaction:
- Zahara Trevelyan, @Kit Kat

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Same Soul, #ff99cc]
Zahara
Main Road Towards Frosthold
mentions
@Gerontis

Zahara rode out of the stables on her own horse and rolled her eyes at his last statement. "You don't care what the Gods think, as far as I know. Just keep a good distance away from me while I'm on my own and we should be fine," she responded, tone curt. Her eyes focused on the road ahead as Lily trotted further away from the carriage which held Zahara's belongings. The pair made their way out of Tornburg and onto the main path guiding them south towards Frosthold and a small village along the way. She sighed in relief as the castle moved further and further away, but her irritation towards the sellsword hadn't faltered and neither had her pitiful indifference towards Amber's decision.

Dust and dirt kicked up from the ground as Zahara rode a good distance ahead of the entourage; not too close, not too far. The man who supposedly was suggested to escort her persisted on following her alongside her left flank. Lily naturally fell into a casual gait along the way and Zahara gave up on having some personal space. Some of the hills were teeming with green grass and sunflowers, others filled with dead and crisp grass. She observed the farmers from afar, tilling the lands and feeding the cows; a rather boring and mundane activity, but liberating to watch. A sinking feeling etched itself in the pit of her stomach as she sat atop her horse.

She had a simple plan she needed to follow; To go and be a guest. She would be her sister's eyes and ears, but first and foremost, a simple guest open to anything. She knew she needed to work on not oversharing as well; perhaps light conversation could be made, but if anyone brought anything political into the conversation, she could just excuse herself for more wine or some air. A dance would be possible as well, if she didn't ask in a bold manner or a brave man decided to ask her first before she asked them. She could still remember her first dance; absolutely embarrassing beyond compare, but somewhat ok because of her eagerness. Her father had simply laughed it off.

"How long do you intend to stay by my side? Amber knows I can take care of myself, so much so that you don't need to watch everything I do, Ser ...?" She glanced over at him for a moment. "I don't remember hearing your name at the meeting. Forgive me."

[/fieldbox]

Anderon Battley - Battlefield
@ChromeHound

The resonance of battle explored the military milieu. Men of all shapes and sized held themselves in faultless formation, heeding to a page in Lionel Trevelyan's book of war. They held their swords, spears and shields firm in hand, eyes locked ahead towards the battlefield tarnished by mercenary presence. The visual identical to that of old knight stories, the good and the bad facing off against each other in fantastic fashion. This was no war though, but the battle that followed would surely turn the head of enemies and the tides of warfare.

Anderon reached the battlefield upon hearing word of the army's state of readiness. Making his way forward, he filed himself alongside old friend Lionel Treveylan, brother of Lord Carron Trevelyan. Across the wide field, his son, Owen Trevelyan was given a force of his own - one that matched that of his father's legion. "He's grown..." Anderon started, breaking the silence that transpired between the two men. "He reminds me of you, but surely got his looks from his mother, fortunate son," Anderon joked, then turning to his patron Lionel with a relaxed smirk. Swiftly he threw his hand on the man's shoulder. "How art thou old friend? It has certainly been quite some time," he asked with delight to see him again. The men had been burdened by recent quandaries that the state of their association had been paused indefinitely. Seeing him again was a light in the darkness that rued the day.

"Have you received word from our Ladyship? The actuality of all these men don't give my counsel favor. I pushed to settle our debts with coin, not blood, but it is evident our Lady did not heed my words. Have you been ordered to attack upon her arrival?" Anderon inquired, turning around to see if Lady Amber had yet joined the field.

"I pray this day brings us no ill-will."

His attempt to prevent a bloodshed between House Trevelyan and the Blood Brothers did not integrate with Lady Trevelyan's design. Why ask for counsel when one had already made a decision based on notions of popularity and displeasure? It did not sit well with Anderson to see the possibility of peace through words be undermined by the need to satisfy an unclear mind. Lady Trevelyan was young, yes, but her first decree was becoming questionable. Anderon hoped she had not shared her true intentions and this battle would simply be means to scare the Blood Brothers away.​

Main road from Tornburg to Frosthold,

The reply of Zahara Trevelyan, about him not caring about the Gods caused Jorvan to remain silent. He couldn't indeed care much for the old Gods. They were his gods as they had been that of his parents. And his grandparents. They preceded the arrival of the Seven and they seemed kinder than the other gods that were worshipped in Essos. Gods that seemed so cruel, demanding heavy sacrifices from their followers. Besides, he wasn't so certain if he could believe in that the Gods gave a damn about him. If they did, then he would like to speak to them in person. Asking some questions about particular events that really scarred him for life. Yet, no sarcastic or witty comment would leave Jorvan's lips as retort towards Zahara regarding his care for the Gods. The second sentence about him keeping a distance would, however, be ignored. Spurring his own steed to increase the pace for a bit, Jorvan would ride next to Zahara. From the cover of his helmet, he shot an amused look at Zahara.

"I must state that I am afraid I can't. Your sister did give me very clear instructions on what I need to do on this short 'campaign'." Jorvan spoke in a calmest and friendly tone towards Zahara as his head turned towards Zahara. "And besides, who knows what danger is stalking these lands? Ever heard of highwaymen? Brigands? Nasty lot, much like unpaid mercenaries."

There was an amused tone present in Jorvan's voice with his last sentence as he would turn his face towards the road. Much unlike Zahara, there wasn't much beauty or fascination from the man in the environment that they passed on horseback. All he wanted was to get to Frosthold as fast as possible. Then to just get that banquet over and head back to Tornburg. Then he would see if he would continue his service to House Trevelyan. No doubt Arthur would want to head out and in search of a new contractor, exploring another area. The question that Zahara asked distorted Jorvan's thoughts. "Hm, not entirely certain. Lady Trevelyan promised me and my brother a good reward. I will thus ride and accompany you towards Frosthold and back to Tornburg. Even if you can take care of yourself, m'lady, then I must sadly state that I don't care for what you want or like. I need to be certain that you're safe. I prefer to be paid instead of being scolded... or worse because I slacked on the job."

When he realised that she wasn't aware of his name, Jorvan wondered for a moment if he should say the name that Amber Trevelyan wanted him to use to be certain that he would be allowed to join the banquet. It wasn't that he had this moral code to never lie to a lady but if somebody else recognised him and saw through it all, it could just make a large mess out of it. "Ser Jorick of the Last River, m'lady. But you can call me Jorick, if it would please you." A clear sarcastic tone rang through Jorvan's voice as he inclined his head towards Zahara. Considering the chances being low that he would encounter any acquaintances at Frosthold, that would call him Jorvan, he would not tense up by the prospect of facing a possible awkward revelation of him posing to be somebody else.

Interaction:
- Zahara Trevelyan @Kit Kat

[/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: junebug
[fieldbox=Laina Faerson, orange]
- At Frosthold. -

Patiently Laina waited for Lord Marric to have some time for her. A calm and friendly expression seemed plastered on her face while Laina felt anything but comfortable. Not somebody keen on surprises, Laina couldn't stop to wonder if this was going to be some talk to not say anything about some of her stay to her siblings. That thought made Laina wonder how Rydan would react if she would spin a few words different. But Anselm the 'Wise' would speak now and Laina listened.

He was working to undo the wrongs of his father? Laina had a reply at the ready on her lips but she figured that it wasn't her place to give her opinion on the current mess that House Marric was in nor did she see any beneficial factor to give the man her opinion. Neither of them would gain any sort of progress with it. Accepting the parchment, Laina's eyes fixated on the object for a moment. Anselm spoke further, that she was released from service towards House Marric. When he stated that nothing could have been done before, Laina considered that a disgusting lie. There was, without any doubt, something that could have been done. But it wouldn't get anybody anywhere by arguing that. And once more, she reminded herself of her place and station.

"Thank you, Lord Marric," Laina said with her voice, honeyed and sounding quite genuine as she made a courtous bow towards Anselm Marric. "You are most kind as you are wise. I will treasure this moment and gesture as much as I do treasure being in the presence of such a great man." Taking a step back during her graceful bow, Laina would wait a moment to see if he would dismiss her. Now that she was essentially free to make her own choice, Laina wanted to see if she could head to the welcoming of her siblings. She doubted that Anselm had much more to speak with her or considered her important or interesting enough to continue the conversation.

Interactions:
@AceSorcerer
Anselm Marric

Mentionings:
@Lesli
Sanah Faerson
@zane620
Rydan Faerson[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Kit Kat
[fieldbox=Anselm Marric - Frosthold, blue, solid, 8, book antiqua]
Anselm chuckled, smirking softly as he spoke.

"There is no need for blind praise- I have no merits of my own yet to be praised. If you have a thought, you should speak it. If were in your place, I know I would be skeptical of this being the earliest I could be freed- but that is not an appropriate topic for the time being. Should you ever discuss anything, my study door is open to you- for with ration and intillengent discussion, we are no more than beasts. That being said, you have my invitation to remain as a courtier and honored guest of my family at Frosthold for as long as you wish- there's also a new room being prepared for you so we can move you out of the servants' quarters and into a room befitting your status. Ah, but I prattle on. If you have nothing you wish to speak about, I am told your family is at the gates. I'm certain you all missed one another very much."

Anselm took no pride in political lies and ceremonius titles, such as being referred to as wise when he not yet shown people wisdom outside of the battlefield. Such is why he so ferverently attempted to be an honest man in every endeavor, one molded by his own action and intent just as much as he was molded when he was younger by lessons and consequences. This was not to say that every man could be wholly honest or wholly a liar- but only by seeking to improve himself and hold himself to a high standard did he believe he could be an effective leader in Frosthold. This was not a group of soldiers he was leading- he was leading a House and taking care of commonfolk and nobility alike. In all honesty, Anselm still had his doubts about himself- but now was not the time to say such openly.

Interactions:
@Aliceee
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=A Wise Discovery, #ff99cc]
Zahara & Jorvan
Main Road Towards Frosthold
mentions
Amber @Oetje
summary
A playful, witty banter ensues between Lady Zahara and Jorvan on their way to Frosthold.
They set up camp later afterwards once the sun begins to set.

collab between @Gerontis and @Kit Kat

Zahara pursed her lips and snorted in amusement at the sellsword's claim. He was a terrible liar and Amber had made a terrible mistake in allowing him to mask his identity that way. A sellsword would never be allowed into such events. Zahara supposed she had to work with her sister's plan, whatever that may be for Ser Jorick.

"There are no men of the last river, Ser Jorick. What do you do for a living? I'm certain we've met each other before."

When Zahara stated that there were no men of the Last River, Jorvan shot an annoyed look at the woman. If it weren't for his helmet, she would have likely noticed the fact he didn't like it that she just 'corrected' him like that. "Not yet, perhaps, m'lady. Give it some time and who knows?" Jorvan would retort in a playful manner, not wanting to escape any of his irritation that her correction had briefly inflicted.

"As for my living, I suppose that it isn't really complicated. I pass on my martial experience and knowledge for those who can afford my price. Though, I suppose right now that also includes in using that same experience and skill in making certain you stay safe. And I believe we did but nothing to extensive. Perhaps we can see some change into that and become the best of friends." The last sentence had the typical cynism present in Jorvan's tone as he lightly scoffed afterwards. Introducing a small pause Jorvan would return a question. "Though, should I now worry that you might give away my newly crafted personna? I actually was taking a liking to the title. Ser of the Last River. Has a nice ring to it."

A smug smile settled in at his retort. He was truly an idiot in some ways, perhaps more than one. She rode further ahead from the entourage and turned towards the man who'd managed to stay by her side. "You are anything but a Ser of the Last River." Her tone came out in a hushed whisper. You may wear armor, but you pass by on fighting for those who request your services. You are a sellsword, not any knight or lord as you try to make others see with your stupid title. How far do you think you'll actually get into the banquet without being caught?"

It remained silent after Zahara's words. Jorvan kept looking ahead, the road that they were following towards the south, towards Frosthold. "Correct me if I am wrong, m'lady, but a knight is somebody who kills others. Somebody who fights with sword, axe or mace. Or basically whatever weapon he can grab or claims to be his daddies, to take the life of another. Doesn't make them much different from me. Other than that they are considered more honorable."

Though Jorvan spoke in a soft and calm voice back to Zahara, there was a venomous undertone slivering through the man's phrasing. "Lords, knights, sellswords or soldiers. Titles or not. We are all killers in my viewpoint. And luckily, I just know how to act as as a knight to make many consider the facade for the truth." Jorvan would now whisper, his voice barely audible for Zahara, "Besides, how far does one go with a minor title through life? I reckon you might teach me a thing or two, right?" He would ask her, the question asked in a sarcastic and playful manner.

"Facade or not, you're still a commoner," Zahara muttered under her breath and lifted her chin up. "I appreciate your confidence in my ability, Ser Jorick, but I don't teach men like you. You'll just have to sit back and observe, shadow me, if you will. Whatever Amber sent you to do, stick to your role, keep your head down, keep your distance from me, and don't look or touch, but I'm sure you knew that already." Her steely blue eyes appraised his own in a teasing manner for a moment or two before turning back to the road.

"A commoner? Now, m'lady, let us not be so harsh! I was nearly hoping that we could ignore our origins for a moment!" Jorvan said, with a clear feigned sad tone. "And don't worry. I am experienced with sitting back and observing ladies. I could tell you of some experiences but I fear that it won't be proper in the presence of such a noble lady as yourself. I can also promise I won't touch but looking? Well, let say that I will just watch over you." Inclining his head towards Zahara, Jorvan wondered how far he could go with speaking in such a manner towards her. "Is there anything else that my dear lady has to request? Perhaps that I hold my breath in her graceful company?"

She raised her hand to her mouth as a fit of giggles escaped and she rolled her eyes, amused by his proposition. "Oh, please. Unless you want to die, don't even bother. It's stupid. Men who hold their breath for you. Waste of time and space. Just do your job, that's the least I can ask."

"Unless I want to die. I imagine that it would be a death that poets write and sing about. Dying for a pretty noble lady. Sadly, I never liked such songs so I will won't bother then, m'lady. Then again, I imagine that men held their breath around the likes of you or is it for another reason why you consider such actions a waste of time and effort?" He would place his right hand briefly on the hilt of his sword, nodding towards Zahara when she stated he should just do his job. A evident serious tone would be feigned as Jorvan spoke again. "I will have to. After all, Lady Trevelyan will pay me quite well for this assignment. Perhaps enough that I can afford to buy myself a knighthood. Ser Jorick, the first knight of the Last River. Good name for songs, I think."

"You don't have to wax poetic around me on this journey Ser Jorick. Perhaps around others if spoken to at the banquet, but around me, you can simply be. You're terrible at acting and it's exhausting to listen to a lie. I will say this though, if you are truly that curious. A man who sits back and holds his breath for a lady is no man at all."

"Thank the Gods then! I fear that if I would need to continue acting that the residents of Frosthold would see through my crude facade and hang me for an imposter. Though if it is exhausting for you, I recommend to bear with me a bit longer. Cause I do need to practice how a lordling behaves before we reach the perimeter of Frosthold." Was his mostly sarcastic reply to Zahara. He thought about what she said last, only to chuckle. "But if a woman sits back and holds her breath for a man, does that make her less of a woman or more of a man, m'lady?"

Zahara brows furrowed, perplexed and annoyed by his casual attitude towards her statement regarding men and her subtle viewpoint on the art of courting. "Forgive me Ser. Are you implying that women have it easy as men do?" Surely, he hadn't intended to mock or offend, or at least, Zahara hoped that wasn't the case, but one could never be too sure. It was difficult to not make a snap judgement about his contradicting inquiry but she tried to keep a level head.

Her gaze settled on an abnormally shaped hill with a couple of different size trees surrounding one side. The purple and yellow flowers she'd known years before were now sparse and withered once more. If she were to sit back and hold her breath for a man, Zahara felt she'd still be the same woman always waiting to be noticed by a dashing courtier, get married, and have children. There wouldn't be anything different about her.

His words lingered for a brief time, but Zahara didn't worry. A sellsword wasn't expected to understand the life of a woman or man at court. Zahara was certain she understood that there was little they'd open their minds to; All they knew was blood and gold. Ser Jorick was simply someone she'd have to work with, in some fashion, for the time being, even if she didn't feel like wasting her energy on the mere idea. She cleared her throat.

"Do you at least know how to dance?"

The question was met with a chuckle from Jorvan at first. A reply followed a second later. "I like to consider I have both ample experience and knowledge of how nobles interact. But I fear that I can't say that dancing is one of my skills." The answer was given without the usual amount of sarcasm being present in Jorvan's voice. He briefly wondered if there was any sellsword who had training or enjoyed any kind of experience in dancing. And he didn't consider dancing and making merry in a tavern. Nobles probably had different kind and fashion of 'entertainment' than those who didn't own a prestigious title or family name. "Though, how do you fare with dancing m'lady?" Jorvan asked, slightly wondering if he should have expected such activity at a banquet.

"I think I'm decent at it. I've been taught my whole life and I... paid attention," Zahara responded with decorum, a brief coloration staining her cheeks. She glanced away and took a deep breath. "Perhaps too eager, but I think I could teach you, just in case some woman decides to drag you out to the ballroom floor."

"You think," Was what Jorvan repeated in a slight amused manner. "Teaching me how to dance. M'lady, would that be proper? For a lady such as yours to teach how a lowly cuthroat like me, to dance?" Once more a mix of amusement and sarcasm would flow together and be present in Jorvan's voice as he answered to Zahara. Then again, he considered it to be a genuine offer. "But if you are serious, I don't see much harm in it. Though I doubt that 'some woman' would drag me to the ballroom floor." The idea seemed to generate the image of a slightly overweight noble lady that had set her eyes on him, causing Jorvan to slightly shiver. Why couldn't a noble banquet be more like a tavern party?

"I'm serious. You wanted me to teach you, didn't you? I'm offering you a lesson. Before we arrive at Frosthold, I'll teach you one of the things that every nobleman learns in his early years- dancing. I'm sure Amber would appreciate the sentiment, seeing as she has you undercover."

Wait, she thought he had been serious? He found himself caught off guard but decided to lightly shrug. "Alright. Perhaps during camp then." Jorvan said, this time his tone being only friendly. He was wondering what Arthur would think of this all. And there was the thought that he had to 'question' Owen if he was familiar or in any good with dancing. Surpressing a chuckle, Jorvan would briefly consider something. "So, with how many noblemen did you dance so far? Just wanting to make sure that I can appreciate my 'teacher's skill' properly.

Zahara suppressed a giggle but her smile told all. She figured he was jealous. "Are you seriously asking that kind of question? You're strange, you know? I've been dancing since I was a child and I've been to more gatherings than I can remember. You can appreciate it as much as you feel necessary, Ser."

"Yes, of course! Contractors ask how many men I killed or defeated. Or some did. Else they wouldn't be so eager to hire me." Jorvan replied. He had a witty comment on the last sentence of Zahara but would keep it to himself for now.

For a while, there was only peace between Jorvan and Zahara; something Zahara cherished until the time to set up camp came. The sun was beginning to set in the east and she was growing weary doing nothing but riding on a saddle."We should make a camp. Off the road," Jorvan said as he nodded towards their right, "Let us seek a suitable spot there." The sellsword already halted his steed and lightly started to steer the mare to the direction. He saw some light vegetation but on top of the horse he could oversee the bushes and thought he saw a small creek, that could perhaps provide some fresh water for them and the horses. Zahara glanced over to where Ser Jorick gestured and followed him promptly. The entourage soon followed them after. "This is a beautiful place you've chosen. I like it and so does Lily." She stopped at the small creek and ran her hand over Lily's fur as she lowered her head to take a drink.

Zahara stepped down from her horse without much effort and glanced around. There was not much trees around for animals to roam, but Zahara brushed the thought aside and began preparing for the night. She took out a blanket from her saddle bag and fed her horse an apple. "Ser Jorick, do you think leaving at sunrise would be good?"

"I do." Was his answer. Jorvan had dismounted his steed and was taking the small bag and shield from his steed. He saw that the entourage was busy with making the camp and Jorvan decided that he would join them. Throwing a glance in Zahara's direction, he seemed to have something he wanted to bring up but decided against it.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=The Right Course of Action, royalblue]
[ Amber Trevelyan ]
[ Lady of House Trevelyan ]

- In Tornburg-

After the short meeting with Anderon, Zahara and Jorvan, Amber retreated to her own chambers. She was certain that her decisions weren't loved by her two advisors but she was glad that the sellsword decided to stick a bit longer around. While not all was lost Amber was confident that she would need to use every resource that was available to her at this moment should be put to good use. If she could dispatch the Blood Brothers according to the plan. There were some points that made her a tad worried if it would be executed without any flaw but if she had to make sacrifices, then so be it. After all, the longer this ordeal with the Blood Brothers dragged on, the worse it would get. The bannermen once loyal and sworn to serve her house were now disregarding her authority and Amber was certain that demanding them to bend the knee would be ignored. Or simply laughed off.
Once back in her chambers she would pace back and forth in her room. It was obvious that she had to bring her vassals back in line and mark it clear who ruled over them. The quickest way was to instil fear and dread, a reign that everybody underneath the domain of the Boltons was quite familiar with. Perhaps not popular or desired but Amber couldn't disagree that fear managed to keep people in line. Preventing them from gaining foolish notions in their mind. But her father would turn in his grave if she would result in violence and fear as his successor. Yet what other way was there to take? Clearly, kindness and being mild or forgiving wasn't the road to take. Her father's demise had made that crystal clear to Amber that kindness wasn't always appreciated. The thought reminded her of that both Zahara and Anderon desired to seek aid from other sources. Which only resulted that Amber pondered if it had been smart to send Zahara to the Marric banquet.

Biting her lower lip, Amber would freeze in the middle of her chambers. It was too late now for regrets as it would cost too much time and effort to turn back steps and hope that she could do it better. Deciding that she should perhaps focus on taking the Blood Brothers out, Amber would set out to see to the preparations she had taken on herself.
Venturing out of the keep, various troops were loading wagons with crates. By the looks on how they were carrying the crates and few chests, it was clear that they were loaded and the sounds resonated from the interiors of the crates and chests made it clear that they were loaded with a lot of content. If she wasn't the wiser that the crates and chests were filled with stones, rocks and pebbles then she would have likely bought that they were filled with wealth. Speaking with various men who were busy with the task, most seem quite eager to know about the plan. After all, Amber had decided to not share her plots with everybody. There was the danger that somebody with loose lips would spill beans to the wrong person, making this her first and last plot as the leader of House Trevelyan. So far only Zahara, Lionel and Owen Trevelyan as Anderon and Jorvan were aware of her plan on how to take down the Blood Brothers. From further interactions with gathering troops, she learned that Lionel, Owen and Anderon were on their way to deploy towards their given positions. Hopefully, they could stay away from the few villages until the time was right.

Which reminded Amber of the next as she would make way to the smithery. Various men were busy working and attending to weapons and some armour that was being readied for the upcoming 'campaign'. Hearing from one of the smiths that her armour had been taken care off by Arthur, the younger sibling of Jorvan, and already sent to the keep, Amber was relieved. Stating that she wanted to pass on the message that she would be delighted to have Arthur accompany her, Amber decided that it was the time that she would ready herself to venture out of Tornburg to her own planned position. A force of men-at-arms and various levies were being gathered. Their numbers were around the same as what she had given to the other commanders while leaving a token force to keep Tornburg safe. There was, after all, no telling what to expect of mercenary turned brigands or disloyal bannermen.

Heading back to the keep, she would make her way to the armoury. There she sought out a shield. While not being that particularly skilled with shields, she reckoned that a bit of extra reassurance wouldn't kill her. She did consider to take a spear with her but figured that she shouldn't be too overzealous. The image she wanted to give was that she would give the Blood Brothers what they demanded. Not that she was riding to battle, gore and glory.
A squire would serve to help Amber to get in her armour. Afterwards followed to arm herself with her longsword and seax knife. Now armed and armoured, she felt ready to get going.

"Pass the message that I want to leave within a hour. I want everybody to get ready to get moving," the woman said as she was walking through the halls while being followed by the same squire of before. It was a young lad who's face was familiar but she couldn't remember his name. The lad nodded to signal that he understood her instructions and quickly made way to see it done. Now there was only one final thing to be done. Making way towards the Trevelyan crypt, Amber's facial expression was still calm and collected. The guards at the thick oak wooden door inclined their heads towards Amber but remained silent. Picking one of the candle lights in the nearby shelf, Amber would light it before she would head into the darkness of the crypt.
Descending down the stairs with just the faint light of the candle to drive away the darkness, Amber's facial features shifted. From calm and collected to worried and frustrated. Walking through the long hall, she would make a stop at the statues of her parents. Staring in silence at the two stone faces, Amber would eventually kneel down and place both the candle and her helmet down at the foot of the statues.

"I guess I am going to do something that would have made you so sad, father." Amber whispered as her eyes lowered to the ground for a moment. "I am a bit afraid that I might have taken a rash decision that I got to see it through. People would think less of me if I wouldn't have the courage to see through my decisions."

A silence haunted the space as the whispering echo of Amber's voice died in the darkness.
"I am not certain what you would want me to do in this situation. The Blood Brothers harmed people who I am obliged to protect. Anderon wants to just see them paid but we barely have any wealth left. Zahara seemed willing to negotiate with another house but I don't think that our bannermen would be more loyal if we would grow in debt to another house. So," her features hardened as a cold anger would start to rise within Amber, "Perhaps shedding blood is right. It works for the Boltons and they reign over us. They haven't shown any compassion or sympathy towards any of us. Neither did our bannermen, so why should I?"

Once more Amber would turn silent, almost desperate to hear some kind of faint whisper from the statues of her deceased parents. Hoping for some sign or hint of advice. But it continued to remain silent. The corners of Amber's lips slightly curled down as her eyes narrowed.
"I hope you are happy, father. I hope you will be able to rest well. You have deserved it. And for all that is worth it," Picking her helmet and the candle up, Amber shot a last look towards the statue of her father before she would walk away, heading to the only exit as the entrance of the crypt.

"I hope you won't be too disappointed in me."

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Sanah Faerson, chocolate]
~ Frosthold~

Arriving at Frosthold, Sanah's gaze scanned the surrounding with a calm expression present at her features. As the gates would be raised and allowing them access to the castle, Sanah would lower the pace of her own steed to allow herself to ride more at the flank of Rydan than at his side. Sure as she was that Rydan probably had no problems with her at his side, Sanah didn't want to give a wrong impression. After all, it was Rydan who carried the title and leadership of House Faerson, not her. Once the Faerson entourage rode inside, Sanah wondered if Laina would be present right from the start. Spotting no sign of her younger sibling, Sanah would settle her attention on other people. Dismounting her mount, Sanah would quickly brush some strands of blonde hair out of her face. While being somewhat fond of riding through the countryside now and then, she couldn't argue against a warm bath. Spotting various women, Sanah would wait for Rydan to dismount his steed before approaching him and whispering something to Lord Faerson.

"Ah, perhaps I was right. Remember, when the lady of the keep will offer you to freshen up, do keep in mind that it might mean that she will attend to it herself." Sanah's voice was stained with a playful tone as a delighted smirk would creep on the woman's thin lips. "Perhaps some handmaidens will even come to your aid, my lord.~" Coughing softly, Sanah would subtly throw a look at those who were present. A few familiar faces but some that she couldn't remember. Not that it really mattered at the moment, she figured. Remaining further silent, Sanah would only briefly turn around to see a servant of theirs carrying a brown leather bag that seemed to be heavy. Turning her attention back at the group of people she reckoned to be the welcoming committee.

[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.