A Sin of No Name (Pls join. Free memes.)

Ardent

your blood on my teeth
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
12NN-4PM, 7PM~
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern
Alfa Slab One
Eczar
Ramabhadra

  Man With a Harmonica
THE HIGHLAND TIMES

VOL. LXXV.—NO. 1    THIRTY-FOUR PAGES    TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 1879    PRICE 2 CENTS
A BRIGHT FUTURE FOR HIGHLAND
Highland, UT. 1879 -- The proud and virtuous citizens of Highland will be elated to hear the latest on a pair of new developments proceeding in town. Henceforth from today a certain SAMUEL PIKE will be officiating as town sheriff upon the law of the land, in the wake of ELIJAH COTTING’s departure. Things will continue on as per nature’s course. The status of Highland remains satisfactory to all.

Courtesy of Bartholomew Briggs

SAMUEL JAMES
SOLE AGENT FOR THE
HIGHLAND RANGE!
AND DEALER IN
HARDWARE, TINWARE, WOODENWARE, HOUSE FURNISHING GOODS, ETC.

PLOT:

"Highland hasn’t changed…it never does.”

At first, they didn’t notice.

They came to Highland for the same reason as the others: a stroke of luck, riding high on the prospect of potential prosperity. The clean-cut lifestyle of the town was a welcome change from the grit of the West, a ruthless engine that tended to chew drifters up and spit them out. Somehow they’d landed here, given an opportunity to build a life they’d never had before.

Highland did not come without its quirks. The township’s noticeable lack of crime was strange for the area, but could be attributed to the stiffnecked sheriff and his militia of deputies. The townspeople themselves were nice, albeit distant. Not very engaging, but they’d seen pricklier sorts. The curfew was one of the things most griped about, the sheriff’s strict admonition about not staying out after dark the one thing that bothered the newcomers. The cracks in the town’s perfect visage were there, just barely on the surface.
They chose not to look harder than was necessary.

Until trouble came looking for them.

There was a shot in the dead of night. Mere hours upon their arrival, they found the sheriff sprawled on the floor of his own home, life trickling out of him from a gunshot wound in the head. A pistol rested in one lifeless hand. A crumpled piece of paper was clutched in another. The note was brief but the barely legible scrawl screamed with undeniable urgency:

Your days are numbered. We are many.

That night, Highland changed.

EXPECTATIONS:

This is an adept western horror roleplay that will ideally consist of 4-6 players. We (@Kuno and I) expect 3 paragraphs minimum per post and a weekly/semi-weekly posting speed. Let us know if you're interested below!

Last edited:
Sounds interesting, but I need to hear more about the plot. Like what era of the Wild West West are we dealing with and what kind of horror sub genre are we talking about?

Hi Chris_Reaper, thanks for the interest! This rp takes place in the post-civil war year of 1879, when the West was at the height of lawlessness and debauchery. We were pointedly vague about the plot, not only because the meat of it will be introduced in the sign-up thread, but because we wanted to convey the mystery and intrigue that will follow the story. This is a classic tale of th idyllic town holding a much darker secret.

Without revealing too much, this type of horror is a blend of supernatural and thriller. I'm not too familiar of the titles of subgenres but I hope that answers your question!

Hi Chris_Reaper, thanks for the interest! This rp takes place in the post-civil war year of 1879, when the West was at the height of lawlessness and debauchery. We were pointedly vague about the plot, not only because the meat of it will be introduced in the sign-up thread, but because we wanted to convey the mystery and intrigue that will follow the story. This is a classic tale of th idyllic town holding a much darker secret.

Without revealing too much, this type of horror is a blend of supernatural and thriller. I'm not too familiar of the titles of subgenres but I hope that answers your question!

I suppose..yea count me in.

Oh mama you can count me in I love it

tenor.gif

u know u want to

Gonna leave my interest right here in this little corner, okay? Okay.

Reactions: Takumi and Kuno
I love this time period. Do you have room for another?

DO you have an OOC thread or an IC one made yet? Also, are you going to create a character sheet or just want a generic one?

Reactions: Kuno
DO you have an OOC thread or an IC one made yet? Also, are you going to create a character sheet or just want a generic one?

We're currently working on the OOC thread and the character sheet! We'll tag everyone once it's up. :)

Reactions: Red Thunder
For whatever reason, I didn't get alerted to the tag. Or it got buried. Whoops. I'll work on something now!

Reactions: Kuno and Ardent
Reactions: Kuno
Turns out we need more people. If anyone else is interested, feel free to head over to the sign-up thread and post a character sheet!

Sign-ups are still open! Just a reminder :^ )

Reactions: Ardent