A Simple Free-Plot Adventure RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
What rank though? Because if you ask me, The 4 horsemen are 'True gods' as they can overrule any gods creation at the end of time, and yet they lack the very definition of some of true gods powers, they have no universal domain or creation. They are True Gods Of Destruction. as it were.

I have a few more questions, but I'll get on with the CS for my 2 characters. I don't like playing modern characters so I'ma make 2 out of time, from totally different universes.
Considering they are essentially "TG" travelers, Gods of the status without a domain to call their own, I would say they are..."Fish-in-a-desert". They are True gods, and stronger than higher-gods to be sure, but never to their true destructive potential...Likely, they are not able to bring in their full potential until their full potential are needed. (Aka, the End times.) Plus, in this particular multiverse, you'll find that they would have someone to supervise them.

Well, I'm grateful for that, but now I'm confused as to why anyone would need to play a god to affect the story. We can just, uh, make stuff happen through the power of narration. (And why would you play a god, if not to have a strong influence on the story?)

Maybe I'm just biased because I think a god is an incredibly boring character concept unless what they can and can't do is thoroughly restricted to a clear set of rules. And from all the emphasis you're putting on them with these tiers, not to mention the notes in the CS, it sounds like you're encouraging us to make a whole bunch of them.

(Sorry about all the huffiness, I'm just not interested in an RP where half the characters are gods -- not to mention the scenario Eddi described sounds like a chaotic mess -- so I want to clear this up ASAP.)
Encouraging? Heavens no.

As I have also said in that PM, Eddi, I will give her my reasons as well. I do sincerely thank you for your effort in trying to explain this. But I think it is best I still do some clarification/Confirmation. ^_^

My MAIN intention in allowing gods into this is mostly to provide story options to explore for your characters and the group as a whole. I'm sure you've seen many plots involving gods, not as a community of beings overseeing the planet and having their own stuff ala Bleach. but as a plot point in and of itself.

Cult of *Insert God here* finds one of the characters as a perfect sacrifice in blessing, or there being wars between the people worshiping God 1 and God 2. The Main group entering a universe where people fear *Insert God here* and may not welcome their presence in his dimension. Etc.

However, whether or not you wish to use Gods in whatever plot you have in mind for us, is entirely up to you. I feel like if I truly want this to be free, I should allow all possible options for plot guidance that I can give you all.

Of course, I am aware that, with that freedom, there is a possibility of abuse. People using Gods to stamp out people they don't like, or the worlds in general just because they find entertainment in such trolling acts. That's what the Hierarchy is for. The three "Class" gods are definitely defeatable, The True God class Deities, while difficult, are by no means impossible to defeat. Creator Gods, likewise, are even more difficult to defeat (Which is why I'm not allowing just anyone to have them.) but also not impossible. As for the Origins? Except for a particular couple of them that are considerably weaker, they are essentially a strictly plot-only group of characters.

It is true I put emphasis on the Hierarchy and the notes. However, it's only for the purpose of knowledge for those who are interested in using them as a proverbial plot point in their stories, and, should they use them, to stress regulations on how to use them, so as to keep the game as fair and balanced as possible.

If said hierarchy is not enough to regulate the potential...taking for granted of the gods, I can, and will, add more to it than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of these days I'm gonna end up banging my own brains out on a brick wall. anyway:

Considering they are essentially "TG" travelers, Gods of the status without a domain to call their own, I would say they are..."Fish-in-a-desert". They are True gods, and stronger than higher-gods to be sure, but never to their true destructive potential...Likely, they are not able to bring in their full potential until their full potential are needed. (Aka, the End times.) Plus, in this particular multiverse, you'll find that they would have someone to supervise them.
Sounds like fun Do I have to write them up as they are pretty dam obvious what they are?

I assume by Write them up, you mean make a CS for them. In which case, yes, I'd appreciate if you did. Obvious as they may be, their weapons and abilities are something I like to have clarified. The other stuff on the CS, I'd simply appreciate you doing.

I assume by Write them up, you mean make a CS for them. In which case, yes, I'd appreciate if you did. Obvious as they may be, their weapons and abilities are something I like to have clarified. The other stuff on the CS, I'd simply appreciate you doing.
Allright, but not right away, need to get everything else done.

My MAIN intention in allowing gods into this is mostly to provide story options to explore for your characters and the group as a whole. I'm sure you've seen many plots involving gods, not as a community of beings overseeing the planet and having their own stuff ala Bleach. but as a plot point in and of itself.

Cult of *Insert God here* finds one of the characters as a perfect sacrifice in blessing, or there being wars between the people worshiping God 1 and God 2. The Main group entering a universe where people fear *Insert God here* and may not welcome their presence in his dimension.
Thank you! That was all I needed. Eddi was making it sound like the gods would be tied directly to the main cast and able to drive every minutia of the plot; if you're going for more distance and using the gods more as plot devices than actual characters in their own right, then we should be good to go. Thanks for being patient with me and my fuss, haha.

Anyway I usually wait for the OOC to go up before I settle on a character; I just like having the big picture. I can certainly wait until Friday.

Thank you! That was all I needed. Eddi was making it sound like the gods would be tied directly to the main cast and able to drive every minutia of the plot; if you're going for more distance and using the gods more as plot devices than actual characters in their own right, then we should be good to go. Thanks for being patient with me and my fuss, haha.

Anyway I usually wait for the OOC to go up before I settle on a character; I just like having the big picture. I can certainly wait until Friday.
I understand.

I will say that them being characters IS a possibility. Allowing the possibility on the CS wasn't in Jest (Pun unintended.), after all. However, I too, don't like using Gods as...Gods, if that makes any sense. My god characters, in particular, I like to humanize to where they're...Actual characters. Powerful, but just as emotional, imperfect, and limited as any normal character.

What I said about my purpose for Gods in this, however, has not changed. If they are used as characters, they will be treated as characters. A way to put it is this: They will be treated not as gods, but as kings.

To ease your worries however, or at least I hope it does, This starting dimension in particular has no Gods to speak of. It was one of the Creator-created dimensions, and as a result is likely an "atheist" dimension. As in, a Dimension without an actual pantheon or God of its own. In other words, the part I bolded in your quote, you still won't have to worry about. For when I say "No Suddenlys", I mean that in any kind of fashion.

Otherwise... Well, as Eddieddi said:

IE 'my god is going to hinder the characters by creating a huge ass stone golem' "ok well my god is going to help them by dropping a huge ass meteorite on that golem." DM: And my god is going to squish both your gods for interfering to much and remove the mess they both made. now go play nice.

Even Gods must adhere to the laws of God-modding. Odd as that may sound, it's true.

• Thank You
Reactions: Moogle-Girl
Alright, sounds like it'll be pretty under control. Thanks a ton.

So here's the deal: I've made some heavy progress today, and therefore I'm ALMOST done with the OOC.

So if I don't have it done by today, I will DEFINITELY have it out tomorrow.

However, I have a question for you all, regarding our starting point.

My original plan was to start it right at the point of decision, where the stranger gives them their choices, and they make their decision right out the gate. Since by doing so, the decision made, whatever decision it may be, would basically be when the RP begins its free plot.

But like said Enigma, I'd like to give you all a choice:

Shall I do it as I planned, and start off at the choice given to the characters? Or should I jump back a little and start at the heroes encountering said Enigma, thereby giving out that choice in real-time?

at the point of choice.

The point of choice is probably the best idea.

WIP.

Name:
Sir William Gladstone
Appearance:
Steampunk-Armor.jpg

Species:Human
Position/Occupation: Alchemist, Sniper, but first and foremost, A Gentleman Scholar.
Weapon:
A Cross bow that fires steam driven bolts, Upon impact The bolts spring open and discharge the steam in a presurised jet, driving the bolts forwards and deeper in to the foe. As well as a long range sniper rifle for much further distances. He also can make alchemical concoctions that serve multiple roles
Cross bow and bolts:
[spoili]
tesla_crossbow_by_tkingart.jpg

Open, and then closed.

c514936_87aece3a15f596fb7c1214ee9841a20d.jpg

[/spoili]

Sniper Rifle

[spoili]
Screen+shot+2012-11-05+at+7.34.21+PM.png

[/spoili]

Skill/Abilities/Powers:
Alchemy, Sniping, lots of esoteric and arcane knowledge and lore. use of his weapons, and similar weapons.

Personality:

Backstory:

WIP.

Name:
Sir William Gladstone
Appearance:
Steampunk-Armor.jpg

Species:Human
Position/Occupation: Alchemist, Sniper, but first and foremost, A Gentleman Scholar.
Weapon:
A Cross bow that fires steam driven bolts, Upon impact The bolts spring open and discharge the steam in a presurised jet, driving the bolts forwards and deeper in to the foe. As well as a long range sniper rifle for much further distances. He also can make alchemical concoctions that serve multiple roles
Cross bow and bolts:
[spoili]
tesla_crossbow_by_tkingart.jpg

Open, and then closed.

c514936_87aece3a15f596fb7c1214ee9841a20d.jpg

[/spoili]

Sniper Rifle

[spoili]
Screen+shot+2012-11-05+at+7.34.21+PM.png

[/spoili]

Skill/Abilities/Powers:
Alchemy, Sniping, lots of esoteric and arcane knowledge and lore. use of his weapons, and similar weapons.

Personality:

Backstory:
This is a interest check, mate. LOL

Yes, it is, but I do believe I already suggested to do the CSes in the meantime while waiting for the OOC. I'm alright if people decide to show it here, so long as they C&P it to the OOC when its done.

Which, BTW, won't be long now.

see Jests post, Additionaly its more of a 'save state' for me than for anyone elses benifit. also means that jest can comment if he needs to.

Status
Not open for further replies.