A Second Chance at Life

NorthernWanderer

Edgepeasant
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Name: Wesley Matthews
Nickname: Wes
Appearance: Wes has brown hair and brown eyes. He has a muscular build and tanned skin.

Personality: Wes's probably the nicest guy you’ll ever met, hardly a mean thing you could say about him. Despite that though he has a terrible temper, and just gets mad for almost no reason. Well there's always a reason it's just not necessarily a good one. The thing is though, he also calms down just as fast as he gets angry, never lasts long and he always feels bad about his outburst. He doesn’t ever really talk much, mostly just when he has too or if he has a strong opinion about something.
Other: Wes works in construction. He owns a small company and is more or less living out his dream. He always wanted to do this sort of thing for a living. Wasn't exactly how he pictured it but it was good enough.

Jacob Allen Gideon

Basics:
Jacob Allen Gideon~25~Homesexal~Vampire

Appearance:
6ft 10~Lanky~Ever so Slight British Accent~Various scars all over his body
Personality:
Pre military: Stubborn~Overprotective~Hopeful ~Passionate~Hot Headed~Ignorant at times
Post military: Still Stubborn~Still Overprotective~ Withdrawn more~Slow to anger

Loves/Hates
+ Reading + Cooking +jogging +Sightseeing + Boxing
-violence - explosions - being sober - snakes - Being told to tone it down -

Biography
Jacob was born to a semi rich traditional catholic family. Both parents coming from old wealth, his father from Texas, and mother from Britain, and he was the only child. In many ways he was spoiled but because of his flamboyant tendencies his parents kept him on a short leash wanting Jacob to be the face of the family fortune. Made him play the role of good catholic boy, star of the soccer team, and he fell into line quite easily around his parents knowing better than to push it. That is until he figured out he was gay, and found the love of his life.
Keeping their love a secret through school it wasn't until later that they were caught, and Jacob was sent to joint the Military where life took a rather... unique turn for him.

His prosthetic:

denmizKH7uqb6RrRIMaNx-FiUIoP5YCyQTMx9_j6V7HOqooX-ftbIo8llFONPRGoNTVZ7U3yRZ4cgtcQ1PJ62xKWEEjpwfylKWLfN7JAJy9umZorrlEYYcJAlHjZpnju7JgiOCV6

He usually wears jeans to cover it because it embaresses him that he is missing a good chunk of his body. He also has a leg for running that he can easily take the normal foot off the prosthetic leg below and swap them out.

Once more he took in a long breath trying to remind himself to be human despite how the smell of the bar stung his senses. Not that he cared. Tomorrow everything wouldn't be nearly as brilliant, and he'd feel that familiar ache in his body that somehow he missed. Maybe it was just him being a masochist but after everything that had happened he didn't care. He wasn't even sure why he was still alive. Somehow life had found a way to throw him back into the mix once more, and here he sat surrounded by a crowd of people. With a drink in hand he downed the sickly sweet liquid hoping that somehow it took the edge off, but that voice in the back of his head said otherwise. You're just going to puke it back up you idiot.

This was true. Ever since his diet had took a little more gory turn normal foods simply became indigestible spair for liquor, and liquor was only rarely he was able to drink without much consequence. In reality it was a good excuse for him to be able to get out, and pretend to be normal. To pretend that he hadn't done some horrible things, that he still had his whole body, and that the heart in his chest still pounded. Turn away from the crowd Jacob looked up at the bartender with a coy smile. The thin man that stood there buffing glasses had obviously been lingering to ogle him. Was it worth it to start something with this man? Maybe lay a little of his charm out on the line, and see where it took him? Not that it ever was hard to sway even the most hesitant man. Jacob was still figuring that part of his new life out. Was it the creature within him that gave him an inhuman edge or was it the physique he'd earned from years of fighting? Quickly he shook his head trying to let all these questions fall away. There were to many that had been left unanswered, and for now he needed to get his mind off of everything.

"What are the chances I could get another one of these?" Jacob asked flashing a brilliant smile up at the man who instantly flushed a deep shade of red before quickly recovering.
"Anything for you handsome." the man said quickly going through the motions of making Jacob another drink before setting it down before him. A napkin carefully tucked under the edge of the glass with numbers scrawled into the cheap paper. Instantly he smirked up at the almost to forward bartender, dark eyes nearly undressing him before his stomach growled reminding him that he was well overdue to feed again. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to have another one night stand? He'd kill birds with one stone.

"What's your name?" he said refusing to look away from the man before him tilting his head ever so slightly.
"You sir can call me whatever you like... Give me one sec hon." the bartender started before being interrupted by another patron.
Letting out a long breath he dipped his head so it rested against the cool wood grain of the bar for a split second before pulling himself to his feet. Long legs pushing him so he stood out above the crowd as he went to tug at the black shirt that hugged his body, mildly regretting the choice, but that was the least of his worries in that moment. It was rather the man he spotted from across the room. The familiar features standing out from among the crowd like a beacon in the dark.

"Wes..." he gasped breathlessly knowing that if his heart still was beating that it would've skipped a few beats. A familiar sensation crawling up his spine at the memories of the two of them together prior to him getting forced to join the army flashed before his eyes. He watched in wonder as Wes moved. That brilliant smile lighting a spark in Jacob's gut once more. Just as quickly as he stood though Jacob forced himself back into his barstool not wanting to be the creature that ruined Wes's life again. After what had happened between them, and the punishment they had received because of it.
"Honey are you ok?" the bartender spoke catching Jacob off guard. The creature within him recoiling as Jacob's eyes shifted from a dark chocolate brown to a brilliant yellow locking on the suddenly confused features of the bartender.
"I'm fine." Jacob cut in quickly glancing back to wear he'd seen Wes. A small part of him believing the man to be nothing more than a figment of his imagination when he couldn't see him, but even his imagination wasn't that good that it imagined a grown up version of the love of his life.
With one fluid movement he went to chug his drink once more before handing his glass to the bartender again. "Please can I have another."

Jacob let out the breath he didn't know he was holding as he let his body lean up against the bar looking longingly into the crowd before the heated thoughts were interrupted with familiar horrors. Eyes glazing over stuck in that vampirish hue of yellow as visions overtook him. The room suddenly filling with dust, the sounds of loud music being replaced by screaming and gun fire. He was back in the deserts of Afghanistan eyes locked with those brilliant white eyes as she stood above him. Dark hair wild and blood dripping from her lips. "Aapaka bach gaya" she had whispered, and to this day he still wasn't sure what it meant. A gentle growl rumbled within his chest as he shook his head quickly trying to bring himself back to the present. He couldn't be thinking about it in this time and place.
Running his hands over his face he realized with mild horror that the growl was louder than expected and eyes were watching him carefully. Thankful for a split second that his eyes were no longer that brilliant yellow color. The horror only deepened as he realized who stood before him instant panic setting in as he tried to hide his overly tall body on the old bar stool, turning quickly to look at the bartender. Praying Wes hadn't seen him not wanting to ruin the other man's night even though it pain Jacob not to go running to him.

Wes let out a slow breath as he tried to get a control over his anger, it wasn't easy he's always had a lot of issues with his anger. A lot of the time he lashed out for no real reason, rarely with actual violence but words stung just as bad sometimes. "Look Carlos, I'm sorry but you really don't get a say in the matter. I have my building permit and you don't actually own that piece of property. I'm tearing it down, and there's nothing you can do about it" he said and was about to step around him and walk into the bar. Tonight was supposed to be a fun night, he was supposed to let go of all his inhibitions and find someone new, whether it be a one night stand or someone he really liked he didn't care. He just really needed to put himself out there again. He's been with people since Jacob but he never really tried that hard and it showed, and he was going to try and change that tonight.

"See now that doesn't work for me" Carlos said, obviously not used to someone refusing him. He grabbed Wes and shoved him against the outside wall of the bar, the clearly not caring that the man was almost twice as jacked as him. "You will stop the construction... " he said not needing to add the or else, it was heavily implied in the man's menacing tone.

Wes let out another breath resisting the urge to just punch Carlos and end the conversation there. Fortunately the more rational part won out and instead he just peeled the man off of him. Carlos wasn't a small man by any means, in fact he was actually quit large. He just wasn't made of mostly muscle like Wes was, which made the process more or less easy. "You may have been able to scare off the the other construction companies, but I don't scare easy and you definitely don't scare me. So instead of continuing to waste your time trying just move your illegal business to a different run down factory. I'm sure it won't be to hard. Oh wait there is no other building is there, I guess you're just out of luck." he said with a small smirk before slipping past him and into the bar. That probably wasn't the smartest thing he could of done, pissing of the leader of a gang but his anger got the best of him after all. He wasn't to worried though he didn't have all that much to lose, his family lived a ten hours away so it wasn't like they could be threatened.

Once in the bar Wes shook off the conversation and put on a smile forgetting about any outside problems. He was here to have fun and that was exactly what he intended on doing. He was definitely going to need a little outside assistance though so he quickly strode up to the bar to order a drink. He smiled kindly at one of the bartenders and ordered a rum and coke, his go to drink. Once the drink was in front of him he quickly downed it and ordered another one, as he took a seat, deciding that he'd be there a while before heading off to the dance floor. He was about to down the second one just as quickly when he heard what sounded like a growl come from some guy near him at the bar.

Wes nearly fell off his stool when saw who it had come from, he couldn't believe his eyes. It couldn't possibly be him, he was dead, he was supposed to be dead. A series of emotion flew through him all at once, joy at seeing the love of his life, anger because he never contacted him, confusion because he had no idea what to think of it, and then back to anger over not being contacted. He couldn't believe that Jacob never sent him a letter or called in the last six years. He just assumed he never heard anything because he'd died at war, but now he just didn't know why. Then he started to think maybe they hadn't actually felt the same way about each other, maybe he'd just been a fling to Jacob. Several thoughts and questions ran through Wes's head until the anger was gone and all that was left was confusion and relief. Sure he was still upset about no contact in the last six years, but he was alive and despite any hurt feelings that was something to be happy about.

Wes downed his second drink with easy before slipping off his stool and walking over to Jacob, "Hey" he said sounding a lot more nervous then he had intended. "I don't mean to bother you, but umm you're Jacob Gideon right?" he felt weird about asking, because he was one hundred percent that this was the man he'd once been in love with. "I uh.... how have you been?" he asked a bit awkwardly. He'd never been very good with words and it was definitely showing.

Reactions: NorthernWanderer
For the briefest of moment he wanted to run. To get out of the small bar and vanish into the night like the monster he was, but somehow he was frozen to his seat. Eyes glued to his glass as he heard that familiar voice. The nerves that filled his voice evident in every way and out of reflex he almost teased him for it. Years of him telling Wes that he had nothing to be nervous about bubbling up. Taking in a deep breath Jacob nodded in defeat trying to shake away the mixture of happiness and regret that fate had made him run into this Wes once again. “Yes…” he spoke voice cracking loudly before looking up at that familiar face. Soaking in the image of his angel standing before him once more. Dark eyes committing every inch of his face to memory.

“Yes, yes it’s me. Oh Wes…” he started, the words nearly coming out as a whisper. A small crooked smile crawled across his worn face wrinkling the edges of his eyes. Taking in another long breath he let his face fall again trying desperately to contain the urge to reach out and pull Wes into a long hug. He wasn't sure what to tell him, his own mind racing through a million scenarios. None of which ended good, or at least that's what his brain was telling him. Finally after what seemed like an eternity had passed he looked back up at Wes getting lost in his dark brown eyes. "It's a long story, but alive. Thankfully alive." He started the uncertainty in his voice almost painfully obvious. Sucking in another breath Jacob was hit with the sweet smell of the man before him instantly feeling the animal within him demand him. Only it wasn't the usual demand.

"More importantly I owe you an apology. I should've come to find you. Reached out to you but everything has been rather… complicated since I got back to the States." Jacob said more firmly this time. One hand reaching out to brush against the back of Wes's own. "But even more importantly how are you? What have you been up to? You're tanner than you use to be. Makes me look like a ghost." Jacob said with a laugh looking down at own hand realizing just how pale he really was. Eyebrows narrowing for a split second as he wondered if he was cold as well. After all he was kind of dead.

Shifting ever so slightly Jacob leaned back against the bar the dark fabric of shirt ridding up a little while he tried not to wince at the sound of his dog tags as they bounced against his chest even though he knew that Wes would read him like a book. "God how I've missed you… I wish that I’d never left in the first place.." he finally gasped under his breath not caring how Wes would react. Knowing full well the temper that was beneath the others skin. If he screamed at him for the century Jacob wouldn't care. He'd earned every last swear word that would be thrown at him.

“Are you seeing anyone? Did you start that construction business you wanted?” Jacob cut in quickly doing his best to seem like he hadn’t just spilled his guts to the world even if the simple act of saying he missed Wes wasn’t a bad thing. It was the truth. He still had that worn out picture of the two of them in his wallet despite it having traveled halfway across the world and back. Running a hand through his hair he tried to play the awkwardness that covered his face as nothing chuckling softly to himself. Just like the awkward school boy he once was. “I’ve got no one right now before you ask. Still haven’t seen my parents since I got back, refuse to talk to them really. After what had happened I don’t think I will ever talk to them again. It wasn’t fair… I’m not being fair to you…”

Reactions: Krafisch
Wes shocked into silence even though he had none it was Jacob the confirmation was still shocking. It was hard to believe that the man he used to love, the one he hadn't heard from for six years was right in front of him. He let it sink in a little bit has he listen to his speak, his anger start to up a little bit but he did his best to hide it. He didn't want to yell at Jacob, that's not why he came over to talk to him. He could feel it starting to get the best of him though and he knew he was about to say something he would regret. That was until he felt Jacob hand brush against him own. The small touch spent a spark of warmth up his arm and banished any ill feelings. "Don't worry about it we're all good. Been six years it's in the past" he said with a small smile. He was going to say more but Jacob kept talking, or more so rambling. It was awkward and cute and reminded him so much of high school. Jacob was always talking, which was a relief because Wes was never much of a talker. He never had much to say or if he did he often didn't care enough to actually say the words. He was still kind of like that, but it wasn't as extreme.

Wes watched the other man carefully as he spoke taking note of a few things that had change. He of course looked older more refined, he hadn't thought it was possible but he'd actually gotten better looking. He was pale thought, paler then he ever remembered him being but it somehow worked for him. He didn't understand how it worked but somehow the hue of his skin made him more handsome then he remembered, or possibly thought he could have been. It wasn't until he saw the wince cross over the male's face that he went back to listening to what he was saying. The words kind of mad him angry again, not because they were harsh but because of how sweet they were. He quickly pushed it aside though not wanting to linger on those feelings it didn't matter anymore. "I've missed you too" he said with a small smile, "Actually thought you were dead for a while. You're parents refused to give me any word about you" he said with a small sigh. "And I'm really sorry about everything. I know it was my fault we were caught. Kind of all my fault" he said.

The next round of questions were able to banish the rest of his bad feelings, making him momentarily forget about the past and live in the present. "Yeah I did, I've got my own small company. Spend most of my days outside working which is why I'm so tan now" he said remembering one of his earlier comments. "I work all the time though, doesn't leave much room for relationships, so I'm single" he said which was probably a good thing. With Carlos threatening him right now it was probably a good that he didn't have anyone he really cared about in town.

A loud laughter escaped his lips at Wes's comment about his parents. It didn't surprise him in the slightest that they were as arrogant as ever. Stuck in their ways. Letting his eyes flutter shut for the briefest of moments Jacob pulled himself up to a full sitting position. Letting the kinks in his back straighten out before relaxing. "Well hey I look pretty good for a dead man eh?" he joked going to bite his lower lip, one hand rubbing the back of his neck, "And as for what happened don't be sorry. They were bound to find out about me at some point. I mean fuck... I can't lie about love." His voice caught in the back of his throat pausing at the word love. Not sure how to proceed. After all it had been six years, and for six years the man before him thought he had been killed in action.

"Really though? Single after all this time? Me thinks someone has a case of the workaholics." he jested softly pulling Wes into the seat next to him with a cocky smile trying to play off the awkwardness. Broad hands easily gripping the man's one arm not thinking. The shock of the other's warm skin sending shivers up his spine. Doing his best not to react he waived the bartender over ordering himself another drink.
"Hope you don't mind I keep you. I would love to catch up with you more. It's been far to long and I want to hear about it all. Even if you think it was boring. I've only been back here for a good year maybe so I've missed out even on some of the media gossip. God is Gaga still a thing?" Jacob rambled softly turning so his knees were beneath the bar, one hand going down to rub his right thigh as a familiar ache crawled into his stump.
"And I should say if you have any questions don't hesitate. I owe you so much for the time past."

Wes smiled and nodded slightly, "Yeah you could definitely say that. I work every day just because I want to" he said and sat down with the other man's guidance, the touch having the same reaction as before. It was hard to believe but his body reacted to his touch the same way it did six years ago, it was almost like nothing had changed. Almost. "I like it though, and I just haven't met anyone worth keeping around yet," he said with a small shrug.

While the bartender was nearby Wes ordered another drink "I'd like to catch up to, though it's sad to say I really don't have anything too interesting to tell you" he said honestly. He's lived a pretty uneventful life, sure it's had it's ups and downs but there really wasn't much worth mentioning. "My parents finally came around to the idea of me being gay, and by that I mean they stopped citing bible passages to be every chance they get. They still hate it, but they decided to put up with it to keep me in there life" he said. He didn't visit them much but once they stopped being so judgment he did start to call them more often and just let them know how he was. "And yeah Gaga is still a thing, she's an actor now too," he said a bit jokingly. "But uh... tell me about you," he said, wanting to know more about everything that happened in the last six years. His life in the war had to be a lot more interesting than his own life. Not that he was going to start asking questions about that sort of stuff. "Hard to believe someone as devilishly handsome as yourself could still be single after all this time. I'd think you would have half the men in the city banging down your door"

He couldn't help but chuckle softly thankful that Wes's parents had been much more gracious than his own. Of course despite everything Wes's parents had been much more open to even having a conversation about anything than his own. "Seriously? I always kinda thought she was odd even by my standards, but hey what do I know?" Jacob said laughing a bit at the Gaga comment nodding his thanks when the bartender brought him a drink. An obvious look of disappointment in his eyes seeing Jacob sitting next to Wes, but he didn't care. After all this time he finally had Wes back even if it only last the night, but he didn't just want it to be a single night, rather the next eternity really.
It was than that he had made a horrible choice taking a sip of his drink right as Wes called him handsome, the compliment catching him off guard enough that he nearly breathed in the liquor. Between a cough he managed to swallow thickly before laughing. Taking a second to truly recover.
"Naw. I terrify most people." he wheezed smiling, "The tall pale human hiding in the corners of bar. Body covered in scars." Jacob smirked softly rubbing one free hand over his forearm.

"I was on the front line for a lot of it. The demolition team which was always fun. Who turns down playing with explosive? But it came with a price. Truthfully I'm surprised I am alive. Especially after..." Jacob started looking down for a moment turning his gaze to the wood grain of the bar top not sure how to explain what had happened. The memories more horrific than he wanted to admit, but this was Wes. Jacob could be honest with him no matter what. "It was all over the news I know. The friendly fire situation. There was a strike on a city, a small team was stationed within. I can only imagine who's head rolled in the Government for making that mistake. Eight were killed. Somehow I survived, but that's beside the point." Jacob spoke, forcing the words to come out of him. "But hey I got a couple tattoos out of the deal. I can only imagine how pissed my folks would be if they knew. Tainting the skin with sin or something like that. Oh and my right leg. Ha! They'd probably want to have a funeral for it."
A loud laugh shook his chest for a moment thinking about it. "It was the same day but like an idiot I triggered an IED and lost everything from the knee down in an instant, but hey." Pausing for a moment he downed his drink trying to keep his mind from overreacting to the memory.
"Other than that I'm mildly boring. Just a scar covered vet with some bad memories and mildly clueless to what I want to do with my life now. Hell I even just got into town."

Wes couldn't help but laugh at Jacob reaction to being called handsome, "You're kidding right, you realize that scars just make you sexier right?" he said joking before taking a sip of his own drink. "I don't remember you being so humble," he said jokingly with a small shake of his head. "And you're far from terrifying," he said a bit awkwardly just now realizing that he'd just called him sexy. He couldn't believe he'd just said that, yeah it had been a joke but it was still a little too bold for him.

Any embarrassment he felt about it immediately disappeared when Jacob started talking about his experience in the war though. "I'm sorry you had to experience all that, he said and reached over to take the other male's hand. He wasn't sure what else to say, he was never very good at saying the right thing. He could tell the memories still haunted Jacob though and Wes really wished he could help, that he could say anything that would make him feel better.

Wes sighed softly "You're anything but boring, that is one thing I can tell you without a doubt. You weren't boring six years ago and you definitely aren't now" he said and flashed a small smile. He saw Carlos moving out of the corner of his eye and his mood quickly plummeted, the guy clearly couldn't take a hint. "I'll be right back," he said and watched Carlos move through the crowd for a moment before turning to look at Jacob again. "Get me another drink?" he questioned before finishing off the one he had. "It'll be just a minute, he said and slid off his stool slowly. He was about to walk away to go and find Carlos but instead turning around and kissed Jacob on the lips. It was soft gentle and over way too quick. "Sorry" he muttered after he pulled away, "Been wanting to do that for six years, he said with a grin.

Wes made his way through the crowd towards where he saw Carlos go, he found the large male fairly easily. He was hard too, there weren't very many gang banging Mexicans in this kind of bar. "Why'd you follow me in here" he snarled and dragged the man into the bathroom, for a little more privacy.

"Thought I'd give you one more chance to change your mind before I make you regret the decision, Carlos said, his words just as cold and menacing as his stare.

"I told you I'm going forward with the construction and there's nothing you can do about it and I meant it. There's nothing you can do to me to make me change my mind" Wes said trying to put on an equally as menacing look, though he wasn't nearly as good at it. "So just move your business before it's too late"

Carlos just smiled, "Hmm, what about that guy at the bar? Anything I can do to him to make you change your mind?" he questioned.

Just like that the anger Wes had been holding on to remarkably well all night snapped and he punched Carlos sending him flying into the nearest wall. He was on him again in seconds keeping him pressed against the wall "You even think about touching him, andI'll kill you" he growled finally managing to look just as cold and menacing as Carlos. "and then I'll bury you under one of my buildings," he said before letting him go and backing away. He ached to punch him again but he knew he already said too much. He let on to caring about someone and that put them in danger, and that was a stupid thing to do.

Wes shook his head slightly and quickly left the bathroom, he knew that he should just leave and forget about Jacob. It would be the smart thing to do. It would keep him safe, but he couldn't bring himself to actually do it. He finally found him again and he wasn't ready to give him up just yet. SO he made his way back through the crowd and over to the bar. "So what did I miss?" he asked a bit jokingly as he slid back onto his stool, keeping his nows split and probably bruised knuckles hidden. He placed the hand between his legs, pressing the injured knuckles against his pants leg to help stop the bleeding.

If his heart had still been beating his face would've been dark shade of red in that very moment. Hearing Wes call him sexy without hesitation even if the other was joking slightly it was still enough to make him feel like that bashful high schooler again. Although he never was exactly the most bashful to begin with. A gentle smile bent around his lips as Wes squeezed his hand sending shockwaves up his arm. His undead heart skipping a beat if that was enough possible. When Wes became obviously distracted his eyebrows knitted together in concern turning to face him as the other started to move away. "Of course..." Jacob started before those incredibly soft lips pressed up against his, his eyes fluttering shut. Every part of him firing to life in that instant and he nearly whimpered when Wes pulled away. A bashful grin crossing his face. "Don't you dare be sorry for that." he told him before Wes made his way into the crowd.

It was than he managed to catch sight of Wes heading into the bathroom with someone, that almost to familiar look of rage on his face, and instantly he became worried. Doing his best not to let his body get ahead of him and chase after them. This was Wes after all and six years had passed, he didn't want to push the envelope after having been 'dead' for all that time.
Taking in a long breath turned himself to the bartender once more to order another round for the both of them. As the man was making the true drinks Jacob smirked softly a single eyebrow quirking upwards. "Say what do you know about Wes Matthews?"
The bartender looked at him thoughtfully before setting the two drinks before him.

"Other than at times ill-tempered which is a good thing for what he does, good looking, and he owns one of the biggest construction companies in town. Recently there's a rumor about taking down the old factory which to many construction companies have tired to do." the bartender started before going to buff another glass before putting it away.
"What do you mean to many?" Jacob pried taking a sip of his drink
"Gang connections, but I don't know enough about it to be honest." the man told him and it was enough to make his blood run cold. Saying a quick mental prayer that Wes wasn't getting himself into to much.

Jacob froze where he sat when he caught the whiff of blood on the air, his stomach growling desperately. The animal within him trying to break free for a split second, but he wouldn't allow it. Not in public. "Nothing much." Jacob said trying his best not to let on something was up when Wes went to sit down again and the smell got stronger. His dark eyes looking at Wes carefully before he noticed the way he held his hand. "What happened? I can smell you bleeding." he asked quickly not thinking about what he said, not caring how weird it sounded going to carefully pull Wes's hand towards him. Jacob had to suck in a quick breath thankful for once that he didn't need to breath and glanced over to the bartender seeing as the man's back was to them. Easily swiping an extra towel from behind the bar. "Alright. What happened? Split knuckles and you mean you slugged someone." Jacob ask trying to be a little jokative about it despite the urge that was rolling around in his gut and he knew that it was maybe a little more obvious than usual. Dark brown eyes becoming ever the slightest shade of dark amber, the fangs he so carefully kept hidden threatening to come out.
"Doesn't look like they got you, but you got them." he teased lightly pulling Wes's hand under the counter wrapping the towel tightly around his knuckles forcing the other to keep his hand in Jacob's lap as he had done so many times before. "Still sporting a nasty rightcross eh?"

Wes smiled at the familiarness of this, of Jacob caring for his scrapped and bruised knuckled it was nice. He watched the other man as he pressed the towel to the back of his hand, kind of wondering what was going through his head. Sure he was talking as asking questions but he wanted to know what he was really thinking. He looked tenser than usual, or at least then he had been Wes couldn't say what his usual was anymore. "Of course, I took up boxing a few years back as a hobby. It was supposed to help with some of my anger issues but as you can see it hasn't really helped" he said deciding to ignore the what happened question. He didn't want to lie and he definitely didn't want to tell him the truth so his only other opinion was to just ignore the question entirely. "Hey you, okay," he asked after a bit, "You seem a bit.. I don't know" he said not sure how to explain what he thought he was seeing. "Hey..... you um.... maybe wanna get out of here?" he asked.

((Sorry it's so short.))

Jacob couldn’t help but chuckle over the comment about the boxing class knowing to well how Wes’s temper could get the better of him. He was trying his best not to breath, although Wes’s questions made it easier to fake it. Those gently probing words nearly making the hair on the back of his neck stand on end. He really didn’t want to tell Wes that he was truly dead. That he wasn’t technically living, but rather was a living monster. A breath of relief escaped him as Wes asked him if he wanted to get out of there, and he couldn’t help but nod quickly. “Yes, please. I am not a huge crowd person.” Jacob finally said before pulling Wes’s hand up to his lips placing a gentle kiss on the back of his hand even though it took all of his will power. “I think we should probably go to your place. Unless you want to hang out in a worn out camper.” Jacob told him with a laugh, “I’m over at the local Campground. Rents cheaper there than anywhere else, and besides. You know me. Natures better than city.”

For the briefest moment Jacob didn’t move locking his eyes locking with Wes’s before doing probably one of the dumbest things he could do in that moment, but he didn’t care. A small smile spread across his lips as he leaned in to capture Wes’s lips within his own. One hand going to rest on his cheek. It was over just as quickly as it started but he enjoyed every last breath of it. “It’s been far too long…” he whispered softly, the callous of his thumb rubbing a small circle on his cheek. Pulling away he nearly whimpered but he knew that they needed to get going. He offered his hand to Wes though not wanting to let go of the other for a long while before he started to lead him out of the bar.

Long legs making quick work of the distance between them and the exit thankful that it was already late in the evening. Finally he took a long breath in of the damp night air, the smell of rain off in the distance enough to wash out the smell of blood even if he could catch the smell of the bar behind him. It was then out of the corner of his eye he caught sight of two rather burly men exchanging Spanish back and forth. A rather bloody looking gentleman standing behind them obviously receiving the wrong end of an unhappy Wes.

Wes saw them about the same time Jacob did and let out a sigh, more angry than scared. He wanted nothing more than to just walk over there and beat the shit out of all three of them, but he knew that wouldn't be a good idea. "Construction starts tomorrow Carlos, whether I'm there or not," he said with his arms held out basically asking him to do his worse. "Do the smart thing and move on" he said with a small shrug before starting to move towards his car, deciding he was done with all of this for the night.

Carlos just nodded towards his men, not actually saying anything.

With Carlos's approval, the two men walked over to Wes's truck and started beating it with crowbars. They smashed out all his headlights and tail lights before going for the windows. It was all down in just a minute and then they were back at Carlos's side.

"Next time it won't be your truck," Carlos said with a small grin before he climbed into his own vehicle with his two goons and drove away.

It was all over before Wes really had any time to react and he couldn't believe how quick it all had been. "I... I... I'm sorry, you shouldn't have had to see that" he muttered as he walked over to his truck. He just bought the thing a few weeks about, so he was a little miffed about having to get it fixed already. "Jesus Christ, look at my fucking truck," he muttered under his breath. He shook his head quickly and turned back to look at Jacob, "You know what it doesn't matter. I wanted to show you something and I still do, can you walk? It's only about five blocks away" he said forcing a broad smile. It wasn't that he wasn't happy to be with Jacob or that he wasn't excited to show Jacob what he wanted to show him, he was just too pissed to put on a real smile at the moment.

Jacob watched in a mixture of anger and disgust at the scene before him. The creature buried within him wanting nothing more than to go after them, attack and protect what he had only just got back. Rather he stood behind Wes ready to go on the defensive, ever muscle in his body tense. Letting out a breath he watched Wes carefully. At the question of walking he couldn't help but laugh, lips parting in broad toothy grin. "Of course I can. I may be tall with a peg leg but I can handle it. Heck I walked from the campground." Jacob said taking a few steps towards Wes. One arm snaking around his shoulder.

Smiling at the other he couldn't help but chuckle lightly. "and I'll help you fix your truck up. You can take my truck tomorrow if you're ok with that. Mine maybe Stuborn truck but she runs." Pausing to take another long breath in Jacob smiled. "Now... What is this you want to show me? You lead I follow."h

"Thank you, I'd really appreciate that, but I don't want to put you out, what if you need it," Wes said smiling for real now, "Besides I can use my old truck, I mean it might take a little bit to get her running again but I think I can do it. At least long enough to get that one fixed" he said and nodded towards the recently trashed one. When asked what he was going to show him his smile only grew, he was still pissed but he couldn't help but get excited. "Okay, so you remember back in high school I had all these plans drawn up for what kind of house I wanted to live in when I was older. I Imean they kind of sucked, but you could get the idea. Well, I refined them a little bit, and recently bought a piece of land that would be perfect for it. I don't have to much done yet, I work on it whenever I get a chance. Just want you to see it, because back then it was always the house I pictured us living in together" he said saying the last part a bit jokingly. It was a hundred percent true, but that wasn't the case anymore. He'd definitely lost that fantasy over the last six years.

Jacob raised a single eyebrow in surprise at mention of a home together. An odd mixture of guilt an excitement rolling around in his gut at Wes's words. "Number one you won't put me out, trust me, number two. Really? You actually? I... Wes!" He started a broad smile crossed his face, "You built our house?" He couldn't help but start to be a bit giddy. Tired and worn features coming to life for the first time in ages. After all this time Wes still held onto their dream. "You know. I need to ask. Do you... Um... Can we try us again? You and I as a couple? Now especially since there's nothing holding us back. Obviously I think we may need some time to really catch up but I want to give it a try. It may crazy, but then again what in this day and age isn't anymore?" Smirking softly to himself he felt like that awkward high school student once more. Eyes fluttering shut for the briefest moment.

"Even overseas you were my rock. Why I fought to come back home. Hell I've got your name on me in ink." he started not sure how crazy he sounded but he didn't care. If Wes still held to the past regardless of what had happened he didn't care. "Which I will show you later." Jacob added quickly with a sly wink. "But enough waiting. I want to see this place, and I really hope you don't mind me helping."

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything Jacob was saying was a little overwhelming and he really wasn't sure how to respond. See him again, it did bring back a lot of his old feelings and he did kind of want to start again, he just wasn't sure how they could do it. Seeing him now doesn't change the fact that there's been radio silence for the last six years. It apparently wasn't for a lack of feeling or love, it was because of something else, and he really didn't understand it. "Look, I like seeing you again and I'd love to see where it leads, but I'm not sure we can say for sure yet," he said and watched Jacob for a moment before continuing, "I mean.... it's just....... Why didn't you ever send a letter or anything, you knew where I lived. My parents might have hated me at the time but they didn't kick me out. You didn't even call, and I know you could have. I looked up the rules and regulations, trying to understand why I never heard from you" he said and sighed softly. "I'm sorry... I mean I don't want to bring up bad memories or anything, but I just need to understand before I can let myself go there again. Before I let you back in"

He couldn't help but freeze when Wes spoke. Each word a stark reminder of how dumb he was, how life had a tormentated way of messing with him, but there was nothing he could do. This was his own fault after all. Taking in the longest breath he wasn't sure how to explain it. After all how do you explain to someone you were dead, but now he wasn't. All he was after all was just an animal, a man reduced to his most primitive components.
"I don't know how to explain it..." he started the words falling out of his mouth barely as a whisper. "It's hard to explain." Jacob continued, "Bad memories are fine, it's all... rough. I wasn't sure how to be human after what had happened."
Jacob paused for a long moment looking down at his worn boats before looking up at Wes again. "The one thing my parents made damn sure of is I am going to hell. If there is such a place. Having to kill to survive it left me uncertain, fuck it still does. It's impossible to explain." Pausing he couldn't help but feel breathless for the first time in a long time. He didn't want to scare Wes, but he knew he had to at least tell him something. Jacob had fucked up and there was no way around it.
"I was terrified of the monster I was becoming. The monster I am, and I didn't want to expose you to it. There's hundreds of letters I wrote, but never sent. A tote full, and I've still got them somehow... I never s-stopped loving you, but I wanted better than me for you. You deserve the world."

"Look you're not a monster, the person I knew.... the one I know could never be a monster," Wes said still not really understanding it. No matter what was happening he still would have preferred to hear from him. To be there for him when he needed it, but it was in the past. There was nothing he could do about it now, he just had to decide if he could get past it or not. For now, he decided not to think about it though, too much was going on and he knew that it just wasn't the time. "We can uh.... talk about this later though," he said and nodded towards a lot that just had a few structural walls up.

"I don't have very much done yet, don't have a lot of free time, but it's coming along," Wes said before starting to explain everything he planned on doing and when. His face lit up as he spoke clearly excited by it all. It was easy to see how much he loved this house and what he was doing with it, but signs of the hard day and emotional turmoil were still noticeable in his body language.