FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Online Availability
10am - 11pm PT weekends, 8pm - midnight PT weekdays
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Modern, Magical, Medieval, "Gifted," Egg Adoption / Mythical Creature bonding, sci-fi fantasy crosses, Harry Potter
Hi!

It's been a while since I RP'd, so I am probably quite rusty, but here we are trying for the sake of story anyway!

Formats, length, and frequency!
- I've historically only used forum threads, but I'd love to try discord. I haven't been particularly successful with PMs in the past, but I'm willing to try again.
- I write in third person, past tense.
- I tend toward writing paragraphs. Is that 1 paragraph or 5 paragraphs? I honestly don't know given I'm coming off a pretty big hiatus. (Probably three.)
- I love me a Chat RP (this is probably my ideal -- if we can find the time to get online together) and my willingness to try new things greatly increases with this format.
- I'm willing to experiment with one-liners.
- Unclear how often I will post given I'm just getting back in the swing of things. Let's guess -- once a week? Could be more or less especially given post length.
- I have a day job in the Pacific Time Zone, so I probably won't post during the day. Probably. Who knows though?

Characters and content
- I'm not into romance plots. I don't do planned romances. If the characters hit it off, that's cool, but it'll be a side plot, and I will not write a character or start an RP with the intention of characters falling in love. (If it does happen, I am open to all orientations.) If you like unrequited angst for your character, that's cool with me. I'm all for tormenting characters. ^^
- No star content
- Blood/gore/violence is generally fine
- I will likely not use a face claim, but feel free to use whatever you like!

Themes/genres I like for original plots
- a whole lot of sci-fi / fantasy
- cyberpunk
- pretty big fan of the Shadowrun style where there's tech and magic
- medieval fantasy
- high fantasy
- urban fantasy
- space exploration
- elemental powers
- steampunk
- mythical creature bonding
- super powers / superheroes and villains (maybe this counts under fantasy??)
- rebellions
- rivals
- enemies who have to work together
- vampire and slayer
- dragon hunter vs friend of dragons (or pick your beast)
- reluctant heroes
- slice of life
- post apocalyptic
- secret identities

Fandoms
I would consider playing in these worlds and definitely a fan of stealing tropes / scenarios / ideas. The short list of canon characters I'm in the mood to play are in parentheses. This is not an exhaustive list of characters I would play, so feel free to ask. Best way to hook me here is with a "what if" canon-divergent scenario.
- Genshin Impact (Kaeya, Childe, Jean, Beidou, Klee, Qiqi)
- Girl Genius (Tarvek, Violetta, Bangladesh DuPree)
- Yuri on Ice (Yurio)
- Battlestar Galactica
- She-Ra
- Incryptid Series
- Harry Potter
- Shadowrun
- RWBY
- Star Wars

Vague plot bunnies
- We are competitors in some tournament
- (fantasy twist) which gets interrupted by a Larger Evil (Yes, this does sound a whole lot like RWBY doesn't it?)
- (cyberpunk) We get hired to steal something from another corporation. Along the way we realize it might not be such a good idea if we hand over the stolen goods. (Maybe the people who hired us intend to use this to blow something up or unleash an evil on the world.) Or maybe we want it for ourselves. (Maybe it's new tech that would be super useful, or it can grant superpowers to the wielder, or it's the final piece we need for our space cruiser to finally get off this forsaken planet.)
- (space + dragons) We are space explorers. We've found another habitable planet, but there's dragons here? Are they friendly or not? (Is this Dragonriders of Pern? Turns out ... I haven't read enough to know)
- (superpowers) For some reason, super powers have cropped up in our world. The government is trying to control them all -- hire the people with super powers that they can to their side, and eliminate the rest. We play super-powered individuals who don't like this policy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yanaike and Saren