A Royal Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alistair clanged his fork on the cup filled with wine in front of him.

"Let us all welcome our newest maid, Ester Snow. She has agreed to become my personal maid for a little while. Please, let us all be kind to her while she is here. Got it?" He looked all of his maids, butlers and parents in the eye. They all nodded and held up their glass in honor. He held his up.

"To Ester. May our days be happy and full of things to remember" They all clanged their glasses as they took a sip of their wine and set their glasses down. After that, the maids began serving Alistair and his new maid. Alistair filled his plate and began to eat. He eyed Ester a couple times, each time admiring her beauty even more. He had to stop though. He didn't want any assumptions to go down in this household. What would he have to do to get her to appreciate him? He hired her on when she needed him, but that didn't seem to phase the young woman one bit. What could he do? Surely everything he thought of would only earn him a huge smack to the face. He embarrassed himself by thinking about this right now. His face surely was a couple shades of red by now as he tried to eat his food in peace. But how could he when the hopeless prince's thoughts only focused on her?

He tried to eat his dinner, an awkward silence between master and maid.

Ester smiled and thanked the maids who brought her food. Taking a sip of wine she smiled. While she was here it seemed like she would live a good life. Alistair had gotten the confidence to ask her for the job so he had potential at least. She could feel his eyes on her every now and then and she laughed gently." Do you have something you want to say to me Sir Walker, you've been eying me for a while." She took a bit of food and another sip of wine before looking over at him and smiling at the slight blush that seemed to appear. She heard a growl from withing her head and knew poor Sweets wanted to play with Alistair. She twirled a loose strand of hair in between her fingers and took another sip of wine," Oh I almost forgot, I will be feeding Sweets myself." She was almost finished with dinner and was eager to get to her job.

Alistair blushed at Ester's remark, but shook his head.

"No, No...Nothing...I'm sorry for rudely staring at you like that and thank you for informing me about your cat" He got up from the table, excusing himself as he escoted Ester out with him. When they got out, he bowed a little.

"I'm sorry about that. My maids always think I'm going after them and they are always suspicious when a new maid joins...please...I'm not like that, really...I just...can't help but notice beautiful girls when I see one. It's a man's instinct...I'm truly sorry..." he began leading the way to his room to begin showing her her duties.

As they arrived at his room, he walked to his closet, ushering her to follow him.

"In the morning, you will be assigned to pick out a daily outfit for me. I will wear anything without complaint as long as they match. At night as well, you will be picking out nightwear for me as I am quite busy in the morning and at night so picking out my next day's outfit is a chore i'd rather leave to my maid. I do hope you have great taste, which i'm sure you do..." He lead her to the window.

"Open this in the morning to freshen my room for the day and leave it open till lunch time. You will do this every morning" he lead her to his nightstand that sat by his bed.

"This is where you will serve me my morning tea. You are not allowed to look in my bed curtain while they are closed, but if I want you to come in, I will allow you to come in..." he blushed at that thought as he knew he didn't like how he looked in the morning. But sometimes, that was the only way he could resolve private issues so his parents wouldn't know or ask what he was doing.
"I am not a dispicable man. I do not sexually touch my maids at any time or anywhere at all. I am not that kind of maid so If I ask you to come into my bed curtain, it is strictly business that I'd prefer my parents not to hear...especially if it is concerning their birthdays..." He walked out of the room, already bright red from having to explain himself.

"That is it for now, Once you have served my morning tea, I will instruct you further once I have dressed for the day. Ah and my morning tea is in the kitchen. It is in the upper left cupboard in the kitchen...easy to find and easy to brew...Ok, I guess I will see you in the morning...Goodnight..." he escaped to his room, embarrrassed to think that she might now think he was a pervert.

Ester nodded as Alistair explained himself and began showing her the tasks she would do, smiling slightly at the innocence he still possessed. When they got to his room she looked around, still following him as he walked toward the closet. After he explained her job picking his clothes she sighed, So I am taking care of you because you don't want to do it yourself... She kept this thought to herself and smiled, following him over to the window, then to the nightstand. As he talked she fought hard not to laugh or show anything at all. This was clearly embarrassing to him and she just nodded with a smile on her face. She followed him out of his room and nodded again when he said where the tea was. Her smile grew as he walked to his room, clearly embarrassed. " Good night Sir Walker!" She walked to her room and was met by a frantic Sweets. Finally alone she laughed," He is an amusing man my dear... this will be interesting." The kitten growled and Ester laughed again. Since she needed no sleep she began playing with Sweets, who seemed eager to distract his master, until the early morning. Looking up at the sky she smiled." Looks like it's time to get to work Sweets. Be good while I am gone." She changed and went to the kitchen to prepare Alistair's tea.

Alistair awoke, last night still reeling through his head. That was embarrassing. He never wanted to have to explain himself again. But as he thought more and more, he could tell right off. He was being childish. Maybe hiring her as a maid was childish, but, he couldn't turn up his nose at a beautiful girl who needed work. At least that is what he kept telling himself. He sat up, stretching and yawning. He could hear ruckus from the kitchen, the clanging of dishes being moved around, the maids' mumbles came to his ears. It seems the other maids were showing her where the tea was and how to make it. Knowing his maid though, she wouldn't take to being bossed around by them lightly. He layed back down, looking up at his ceiling, smiling. He may be a naive kid at heart, but he would try his best to grow up. Just for Ester.

He didn't want to get out of his covers just yet. The morning air was cold and he had no intention of getting out of bed unless there was something warm waiting for him. He could smell the smell of tea wafting up to his room as his parents laughed and joked as they sat on the front porch. He quietly waited for his maid to bring his tea, knowing she was smart enough to figure things out on her own.

Ester sighed as maids told her how to prepare the tea to Alistair's likes. After several minutes of waiting patiently for the maids to stop she sighed again," I know how to make tea thank you." She glared at the maids as she pushed them away gently, preparing the tea perfectly as she should. With the tea finished she carried it to Alistair's room and knocked on the door." Sir Walker, I am coming in." With that she opened the door and walked in, and over to the nightstand." Here is your tea Sir." She left him to that and walked to the window. She opened it and smiled as she felt the sun hit her face. Checking off each step in her head she walked over to the closet to pick Alistair's clothes. A light gray suit with the matching pieces was what she picked. She pulled out the clothes and smiled, turning in the direction of the bed," I hope these will do Sir..."

Alistair heard Ester come in. She was quiet as she came in, opening the window as the morning breeze blew back his bed curtains. He pulled back his bed curtain, stepping out of bed and to his stand to drink his morning tea. As she showed him his outfit, he nodded in approval.

"Thank you Ester. Your morning duties are done here. Wait outside for me to dress and I will walk you through the rest of your duties as soon as I am ready"

He gently ushered her from the room and began to get ready for the day, his suit fitting his mood nicely. Gray wasn't always the prettiest color, but it sure did reflect a mood quite nicely. He felt a bit off today so maybe gray was his color today. Ester knew him more than he had originally thought. Not to mention, she had looked like she hadn't slept at all. Maybe it would take some getting used to it for her. He knew it would be hard for her to adjust so it would take a little time.

He finished dressing and pulled out his brush, brushing his hair back into the spot he wanted it to be. He then walked out of his door, walking up to Ester.

"Now, Ester, let me guide you through your duties at Lunch hour. Lunch hour is around 11 am. It ends around 1 pm. I will want my lunch at precisely Noon, so have it ready by then. Ask the maids what to make for lunches. They always are the ones to prepare them. At 11 pm, go down to the kitchen and they will help you with that. Once Lunch is over, you will do my dishes only and head back up to my room to close my window. After that I will guide you through dinner hour instructions, ok? Until lunch hour, you may do whatever you wish...Thank you for your help." IT was hard for him to speak in her presence now, remembering all those embarrasing things he had spilled to her. She probably thought he wasn't a man, but a coward and an excuse maker. He wouldn't blame her for thinking that way. He had always been a bit of a girly man all his life. He tried to do everything he could to be a good man, but no matter what he tried, being a man was hard. He wasn't gay. He knew he wasn't. He liked girls. It was just, he was always told that the way he did things reminded people of a spoiled little girl. He would be suprised if she hadn't called him a wuss about now.

He waved at her, bowed slightly and headed down to the front porch to have morning conversation with his mother and father.

She smiled slightly satisfied, then realizing what she had just done shook the thought away. I merely picked his clothes for him... don't get so happy about that... As he dressed she left the room waiting by the his came, until he came out. He explained her lunch time duties then excused himself. As he walked away she looked back to his room then to her's. A nap was in order now... no that would have to wait, first she was going to talk to a few of the maids to find out what was served for lunch. She frowned as she saw her bad habit showing through, the one flaw she greatly disliked, trying to do everything perfectly... even if that meant not sleeping to be on time. Maybe working as a maid was bringing it out... but then that came with the job. She walked off to the kitchen to ask. In her head she heard the playful meow of Sweets calling her back but she shook her head," I'm sorry love but it's not time yet. I still have work to do before I can rest." Silence followed and Ester sighed, the kitten would likely ignore her the rest of the day. Tossing the thought out she walked into the kitchen and up to the first maid you could find," I was told by Sir Walker that you would tell me what was to be prepared for lunch." The maid nodded and began to explain, all the while Ester listened intently. I will not ruin this job... er... jobs.

Alistair Walker.jpg

Alistair could hear the bustle and mumblings of the maids inside as he sat down for a jovial laugh with his parents.

"Good morning son! How are you and that new personal maid of yours doing?" asked his mother. He nodded and smiled, laughing a little bit.
"She's amazing mother. She's the greatest maid you could have ever asked for...She's a great listener and very understanding and..." he blushed. He didn't want to finish his sentence, but he knew his parents would make him do it.

His father looked at him with a cocked brow.

"And? Son, you can't not finish sentences. It makes you sound unlearned. Speak up boy. Finish!"

Alistair sighed. His face turned bright red as he finished his sentence.

"She is also very beautiful..." He didn't want his parents to get the wrong idea. He didn't get her just because of that. THat would be low of him. He wanted her as a maid because she intrigued him so in the way she did things that he wanted to see just how she lived her life daily. It would be strained, especially now that she was a maid, but he knew she would be able to handle it. He decided to sit with his parents until it was time for them to leave to their meeting. They were in a board to help represent the townsfolk and the proper treatment of them by the nobles. For as long as Alistair could remember, his parents always loved helping the townsfolk anyway they could which is why it came to no suprise that they would want to be on a committee to help them. Alistair walked back into the house, shouting to the maids.

"Ester, once you are done studying what is made for lunch, please come join me out on the front porch before my parents go to their meeting. I would love for you to introduce yourself formally to them..."

Ester.jpg

Ester poked her head out of the kitchen," Yes, Sir Walker!" She turned back to the maids who were explaining lunch to her and nodded." If you'll excuse me, thank you for the help." She walked out listing what would be for lunch to herself. For lunch will be poached salmon and mint salad. I can remember that. She walked into the hallway and sighed, it was going to be a long day. She walked out on to the porch." It's very nice to meet you sir, madam" She bowed hoping this was the right thing to do, having never before served as a maid she didn't know quite what to call Alistair's parents. She stood and smiled," Thank you very much for allowing me to stay." She turned to Alistair and nodded," I also thank you for giving me this job Sir Walker." As much as she hated to admit it she was beginning to have fun... serving someone, as nice as he was. She was a demon, not a creature to be taken lightly, but here she was working for a human. She laughed inside and put her hands behind her back, giving the three a friendly smile.

Attachments

• Ester.jpg
    Ester.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 3
Alistair blushed as she walked out and bowed in front of his parents. They nodded in acknowledgement.

"You are most welcome young lady. Seems that our young Alistair here was in need of some girl company. Seems he was getting tired of not having a personal maid. But we told him that when he was old enough, he could make the choice of whether or not to hire one. We are glad he hired such a beautiful and nice young lady as you are. And Please, just call me Alfred. My wife is Harriet. Please call us by our first names. You are family now."

His face got even more red as his parents told her embarrassing things about himself. As long as they didn't tell her baby stories, that would be fine. It was a great intro. But if they were allowing her to call them by their first names, then he would have to do the same. Not that he would mind his name coming out of her mouth. He turned to Ester, smiling a cheesy smile.

"And Ester, please call me Alistair from now on. Sir makes me sound old..." that was a ridiculous lie, but he didn't want her calling him sir anymore. It didn't suit a fine young lady such as herself. He took her by the hand and led her inside, pulling aside he talked to her.

"Feel free to wander the house and do as you please till it is time to cook lunch. I will be in my room studying if you need me...Well then..." he bowed slightly and wandered back up to his room to study.

Status
Not open for further replies.