Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vivian

Original poster
[spoili]
⚘Please be able to post at least 2-3 Paragraphs with proper grammar and spelling, we're all human though so I won't harp on mistakes. Unless it's 50 in one paragraph.
⚘This will involve Modern Fantasy/Medieval Fantasy.
⚘Romance is cool. Please don't make it the entirety of this roleplay, though.
⚘PM me if you want to add something to this! I've basically winged most of this so it wouldn't kill to slap on some more improv.
[/spoili]
[spoili]
Lilith has her soul split between two worlds, allowing her to see monsters from the second world in 'our' world. These monsters can also see her. If something happens to her soul in one world, she'll cease to exist there and leave her in critical condition in the other. She is aware this is happening but isn't aware as to why it's happening. OOC Note: She is a half-demon, and with the amount of energy in her body being built up it has become toxic to her, her soul splitting is the demon energy trying to force her soul out to make room for itself. [/spoili]

Lilith Thorne, just barely a day over 17, raven colored hair that was wild and eyes as red as blood. If she held her head high and walked with pride, she would look intimidating despite her small body. Instead, Lilith kept her head low and hands buried in the safety of her hood's pockets. She maneuvered around the city in a brisk walk and made no effort to avoid people that were in her way.

"Watch where the fuck you're going!" a man barked, she breathed small thanks for being given the opportunity to turn around. An apology was on the tip of her tongue, but fear kept her jaw shut. A creature sat behind the man as if it were guarding him, hits body dripping a tar-like liquid and its mouth decorated with a row of serrated teeth. The beast seemed to be smiling at Lilith, a taunting smile. The girl paled unable to concentrate on the man who was now talking her ear off.

Its been following me? She thought horrified while taking a step back. The monster stood up as soon as she did so, it was roughly 10ft tall, the height only made the girl even more panicked. It knows I can see it. Lilith turned around and sprinted, adrenaline pumping as soon as the unearthly howl ripped through the cities noisy night. No one seemed to notice the monster that chased the girl, and the monster didn't seem to see anyone that wasn't her. She shrieked as a hand reached out from the crowd, the fingertips just inches away from her hair. While her attention was locked onto her pursuer, she failed to notice the man in front of her and crashed into him, both falling on their butts, but Lilith wasted no time and scrambled to her feet with a line of swears and insults following her as she pushed past the busy crowds of people. A small bit of hope fluttered in her chest as soon as she saw the familiar alley, a cut through there and she would be home.
Her feet were scrambling for traction against the icy ground and just barely managed to throw herself into the ally, but her escape was short lived. Something slammed against a dumpster, and she was crawling while trying to get back on two feet and fished for the box cutter that she carried in the pocket of her hoodie. A clawed hand wrapped around the girl's arm, yanking her in its direction with a low growl raising alarms in Lilith's head. Without looking, or even thinking she turned around to face it, her eyes shut tightly with her arm ramming the thin box cutter into the assailant.

It's harder than what the movies make it look, maybe if it were a simple slice across the throat, but it wasn't. As Lilith pushed the blade deeper into the screaming target, she could feel how the flesh broke under the blade, the muscle when she tried to force the blade deeper. Most of all, she could feel the tar-like substance that coated her hands and rolled off onto the ground with a loud plop. "Please," Lilith pleaded desperately as her voice cracked still too petrified to open her eyes "Please, just leave me alone."

She felt her stomach knot and heart stop as she felt the creature move closer, only inches away from her ear and in a raspy voice warned Lilith of danger. "The Carnage is looking for you, little one." and within an instant, the monster collapsed into the pile of tar.

Lilith's eyes fluttered open with a smile creeping on her face upon seeing the familiar ceiling. She threw the blanket off her and examined herself. The sleeve on her sweater was stained in black on the forearm, the knees of her pants dirty, and hands red, littered with scrapes. "Seems school worthy." She told herself, knowing for a fact Madaline didn't bother doing the laundry this week anyway. A shitty foster parent. Suddenly everything from last night hit Lilith at once, her body now feeling sore. She was already dancing on a tightrope with her attendance if she missed another day it would earn a visit from the school or the people who threw her into Madeline's care in the first place. This place had the least amount of Otherworlders, and she wasn't willing to give up that safety because she was trying to save her life from one last night.

"Lily," Madaline's drunken voice called out from another room. Lilith could only roll her eyes at it while she brushed her teeth. "Lily, did you get the groceries I asked you to get?" she slumped against the doorway and carefully inspected the girl as if she were 3 and needed to be taught how to brush. She was in a tank and panties; maybe she would have been beautiful if she could cut back on the cigarettes and 'sugar' as she called it.

"My name isn't Lily," Lilith responded while spitting into the sink.

"I take care of you could at least bring home groceries."

"You don't; it's more like the other way around. You look like crap, go back to bed I'll pick them up again on the way from school." The answer seemed to appease Madaline who dragged herself back to her room. A voice of an unknown man could be heard mumbling something, but Lilith didn't stick around to find out what it was they were talking about and instead hurried out the door grabbing an empty looking book bag with her.

Light green eyes scanned the cityscape from atop a lone skyscraper. Concrete pillars extended almost as far as the eye could see. For someone so used to seeing dilapidated construction, such a sight must've been beautiful to behold. They weren't here to see scenery though. Neither him, nor his partner.

"Our target is down there, somewhere." The voice belonged to a male with black hair and a serious look in his eyes. "According to the report, she's still running away from everything that so much as looks at her, so she probably doesn't have any grasp on her powers. She should be the easiest one yet."

"More or less," the male of green eyes responded, not even bothering to turn around. They were past that level already. They had been for several years. "Just try to avoid causing too much unneeded damage, Evan. We're only here for one person."

"Of course. That's what this guy is for." Evan held up a small, transparent cube. Within the shape was a 3-D image of a deformed dog - a hell hound. They were common enough in the Demon Side, but seeing them here was an exceptionally rare sight. "He'll find her for us no problem, and without involving anyone else. Maybe if we're lucky, it'll even take care of her for us. No blood on our hands, right?"

'Whatever helps you sleep at night,' Reol thought to himself. "We still need something to point it towards her. If you let it loose as it is right now, it'll head after the first halfling it senses."

"I'm sure we can work something out," Evan replied, returning the cube to a bag slung over his shoulder. "For now, we may as well have a walk around. There can't be too many halflings in this city, and we know she's a girl. Unless she's one of those fancy transvestites I read about in that magazine, I don't think finding her will be that challenging. We look human enough, after all."

Reol sighed and rose from his crouched position. "Most humans don't have flaming red eyes."

Stepping beside his partner, Evan looked down at the people below. "I'm wearing contacts, you ass." With that, he was gone, his body descending to the floor below.

Last edited:
Lilith Thorne
Her hands were stuffed in her jean pockets, her eyes carefully following a puff ball that rolled beside her with every step of the way. It was roughly the size of a soccer ball and left a trail of what could be soot behind it, aside from the fact it was a ball, it had two white circles for eyes. Smaller creatures were no problem, she didn't fear them, but that didn't mean she welcomed them in her daily life. With a light sigh, Lilith faced the creature and swung her foot with full force only to have it evade her kick by a few centimeters. The girl groaned, holding her head with her hands while the fluff ball jumped around her eagerly.

"Piss off, will ya?!" She hissed throwing another kick, missing another time. Lilith felt the eyes of confused bystanders burning into her skin. With a huff she straightened herself, her eyes narrowing into threatening slits, her lips pressed together in a thin line. It was oblivious to her frustration, its own eyes trying to imitate hers as it jumped. Defeated Lilith marched off with the fluff ball in tow and stopped at the bus stop. It hopped onto the bench and made itself comfortable, Lilith sneered at this.

Once the bus pulled up the creature stood snapped to attention and wasted no time onto hitching a ride, Lilith followed the procedure, a student ID, and a dollar into the machine. She took an empty seat on the other side of the bus, far from the dust ball and decided it would be safe to take a quick nap.

"Oh my God!" A woman shrieked, her voice jolting Lilith from her sleep with her eyes darting around the bus in terror. Instead of finding a monster in the bus she found a cluster fuck of people around the windows a few with their phones out. Curiously she joined the crowd and was just as shocked. It was a body; it was too far to tell if it was a man or woman but it was definitely human looking enough, and people could see it.

A suicide? The thought left a bitter taste in her mouth, and she promptly pushed the idea to the back of her mind and plopped herself back into her seat, a few people expressing their disappointment as a bigger truck blocked the view. It took Lilith a moment to realize she was unfamiliar with where she was going and stole a glance at her watch.

9:23AM

"Fucking shit." Lilith had missed her stop.

His descent continuing, Evan held his arms at his side and snapped his fingers. Almost instantaneously, flames shot out of his palms, slowing his fall. Once on the ground, a quick flick of the wrist dispersed the flames. A large crowd had gathered by now, amazed by the feat the demon had just pulled off. He appeared human enough that anyone who didn't know demons existed would guess him a magician of some sort. "Move along, everyone. Nothing to see here."

While he tried to shoo away the onlookers, Reol plopped down behind him, having descended by means of a vine he summoned from his right palm. "We're very busy. Please excuse us." Grabbing Evan's arm, Reol trudged on through the crowd. They had to run for some time in order to lose those who gave chase, but they were eventually successful in their escape.

"Jumping off of buildings isn't exactly 'stealthy'", Reol argued, while checking their surroundings for any followers.

"I never claimed to be a stealthy person. It doesn't matter how many people see us, so long as the mission gets completed. I'm sure they just thought it was some trick that their local magicians like to pull."

"I've never seen a magician, but I'm sure they never do anything like that."

"Humans will surprise you, Reol. Not that any of them know what they're doing, but they'll still surprise you. Back to business though!"

Reol nodded, stepping back into the open world. There were still people around, but none who'd seen their descent earlier. It was a hassle to go after halflings in the human world, but it wasn't as though they could just as easily track her down in the demon world. Unless she was some rare case that could somehow interact with both at the same time, but it was easier to simply not assume such.

"From what we were told, she should be heading off to school right now."

"Really?" Evan responded. "Unleashing a hell hound on the buses around here is probably out of the question."

"Of course. There's no need to involve the civilians. We'll just have to check the schools in the surrounding area."

"Sounds like a lot of work, but we gotta do it. Better to end the suffering before it can really begin. Where to first then?"

Lilith Throne
Lilith got off the bus the second it lurched to a stop, the puff ball she hopped left her alone tailing her every step of the way. She almost wanted to cry in frustration when she saw it. Instead, she bit her lower lip and marched into the shopping center, feeling her pockets to reassure herself she actually had her wallet on her. "I'm just trying to live here," She mumbled as she glanced at it. Lilith knew better than to name them, they would become pets, and she would become attached and have her heart ripped to shreds when they would turn. Both metaphorically and literally.

The store wasn't busy, and she lucked out with a sale going on paired with the fact it was still pretty early in the morning she could assume it was smooth sailing. With a small, almost hopeful smile she stepped in the store, filling the basket with things the house needed rather than whatever the list said. The puff ball made a comfortable spot for itself in the basket, getting squished by the head of lettuce Lilith deliberately throw on its body.

"Shouldn't you be in school?" A store clerk poked. Her tone of voice reminded Lilith of how adults would talk to toddlers. 'Maybe if I talk louder and slower they would understand me better.' Surprise. They don't.

"Shouldn't you be ringing things up?" She muttered under her breath; it wasn't loud enough for the clerk to hear, God giving Lilith a second chance.

"Pardon?"

"I'm 18." Lilith lied smoothly but kept her eyes trained on the ground. While eye contact was an important way to convince someone you were telling the truth it wasn't something Lilith was good at. "Is there a self-checkout I can use or something?" Her words came out rushed, almost tripping over a few. There was a few seconds of silence, she could feel the woman's eyes burn into her skull while she tried to debate with herself if she should believe her or not.

"There's an open one at register 5." She said finally, leaving her alone. Lilith breathed a sigh of relief and the puff ball seemed to try and imitate the same sound.

"Shut up." She mumbled giving the basket a quick shake as she walked over to the checkout.

"Curough High School. Based on our intel, it's a simple school. While not as run down as most other schools in this area, it's nowhere near the level of a private school."

"Great. I can put my mind at ease about the possibility of her being in an all girl's school then. That would've been a mess."

Their destination set, the pair began walking. Birds could be heard overhead, and the sunlight was unlike that which they'd been accustomed to in the demon world. For whatever reason, it shone more brightly here. If they weren't so focused on the task at hand, the two might've paused to admire its beauty.

Reol was set on finishing their duties as soon as possible, while Evan much preferred the journey to the finale. Aside from the occasional pointing, the walk was largely uneventful. This world was a lot more peaceful than the one from whence they came. This wasn't their first time here, but someone so used to the sight of constant battle and strife couldn't easily get used to an environment such as this.

'This one will be just like all the others.' That's what Reol told himself, but he'd never personally claimed anyone's life. He always left that up to Evan. Reol wondered if even he had to look away from it all from time to time. They were nearing the school now, and they were only moments away from unleashing something upon it that those who were inside had only heard of in books of mythology. An unorthodox one, but it was the quickest means of finding and eliminating their target.

A group sent out to eradicate halflings, it didn't matter which one the hound nabbed. Whether they were on the list or not, their time would come either way.

Why prolong the suffering?

"You ready?" The voice was Evan's. The cube was in his hand now, as they stood at the school gates. All that remained was to release the beast and let it do it's job.

Reol's eyes scanned the scene before him. A horde of teenagers chatting amongst each other about how simple life was for them. It was enviable, but dreams of such a life for themselves were a reality in futility. Closing his eyes, Reol nodded.

Outstretching his hand, Evan spoke the beast's name. "Black Shuck - release." The cube shattered, the monster contained within instantly materializing before them.

Though his eyes were closed, Reol could still hear the screams. He convinced himself the normal students would be safe. Their hell hounds were trained to only go after halflings. If Lilith, their target, was here, Black Shuck would find her.

Dissipating into shadow, Black Shuck wafted through the crowd of people, searching for its target. After some time, it returned, having not found any halflings in the area. Evan bore a perplexed look, while Reol let out a sigh of relief.

"Looks like she decided to play hooky," Evan reasoned. "If that's the case, we can still get her address from the office. I know you don't like these little interrogation sessions, so feel free to sit this one out if you want. Promise I won't hurt anyone."

Reol said nothing. He trusted Evan to not unnecessarily involve civilians. They'd known each other for as long as either of them could remember, so he liked to believe hurting the innocent was something Evan wouldn't resort to unless absolutely necessary.

'Is it ever necessary though?'

Lilith plopped herself down at the bus stop, she didn't have friends she could call to hang out with and even if she did school was still in session. She let out a frustrated huff of air before resorting to the puff ball in the shopping bag. She fished it out and began stretching it, surprised at how elastic it was, the creature trying to wiggle out of her grip as she did this. Clearly, it was uncomfortable but that only made Lilith's grip tighter on the poor thing. "I warned you to leave me alone," She grumbled pulled harder and suddenly let go. It returned to its sphere shape with a loud snap that made the girl flinch. Angrily it began to jump around her feet, throwing its body at her shins as if to try and inflict equal pain. It felt like getting hit by an oversized cotton ball.

With a lack of a better distraction, her mind began to wander, her memories daring to bring up the suicide jumper from earlier. Was it really that bad? The thought popped before she could shove it back under the rock it came from, safe from the unstable mind of a girl who didn't have much going for her. The scene replayed in her head, up until the bus obstructed her view. Did he change his mind mid drop? Did something insane happen and he survived? Or was the family waiting at the bottom crying while he fell to his death? All of which were horrible questions. All of which were questions she couldn't answer for herself.

The bus didn't seem to be coming anytime soon, late as usual.

The pair approached the front desk to be greeted by a baffled gaze. Green hair wasn't an average sight in this city, and the wild look Evan held would probably put anyone on edge. "Hello, Ms..." Reol took a moment to look at the name tag on the woman's chest. "...Maes. We're here to see one of the students."

After taking a moment to collect herself, Maes snuck a glance at her computer. "Their name?"

A hurdle. All they knew was Lilith. This woman probably wouldn't allow them admittance if all they could offer was a first name. "Lilith," Reol answered, hoping that would be sufficient.

"Is that all you know?" Typing in the name on her computer, only two results popped up. "I can't allow you to see anyone without a valid reason."

Evan stepped forward, but Reol held his hand up. "We have a message from her mother."

"Is that so? I'll be sure to deliver it for you."

Having made his way beyond Reol, Evan placed his hand upon a small notebook that laid upon the desk and snapped his fingers. The book instantaneously erupted into flames, causing the receptionist to jump backwards and the sprinkler system to suddenly start up.

"Just an address would be fine," Evan spoke, his tone riddled with seriousness.

Reol inaudibly sighed. He'd really hoped things wouldn't have to take such a turn, but there was no way around it in this case.

Luckily, the receptionist was spooked enough to give it up without further persuasion. The pair was gone before the security in the school's employ could reach them, offering Maes an apology for the fire as they left.

Sheet in hand, the two made their way to the first address listed - that of a Lilith Abbott.

The bus pulled up, and Lilith let out a sigh of relief, happy to have a second attempt at ditching the fluff ball that seemed to love her. She'd been there for an extra thirty minutes, and her phone was dead so she could only guess it was roughly 12. She picked up the groceries and tucked the small poof under her arm, it made itself comfy and snuggled closer against Lilith's body. It made her feel a little guilty over her plot to get rid of it, but not guilty enough to reconsider. Once the last few people stepped onto the bus Lilith dropped the fluff and quickly grabbed it with her hand. Before the doors could close, she tossed it out, its 'fur' getting caught in the doors.

Lilith began to swear under her breath when she noticed it was trying to worm its way back inside and dropping her bags she pressed her hands against the opening, feeling a bit unsettled by the tingling sensation the fur was causing in her hands. Once the bus began to move the creature lost strength and gradually began slipping off the side of the bus and left its fur caught in the door. It didn't last long though and after a few seconds dissolved. Lilith let out a sigh of relief and picked up the bags, ignoring the strange stares of people on the bus.

"Did you hear?" A young woman whispered to a friend sitting beside her "About the giant monster that attacked a high school?" The conversation made Lilith's ears twitch, but she didn't dare turn her head.

"Oh my god," the other said a little to loud "That defiantly has to be some kind of effect prank?"

"But the camera quality is so low."

Lilith grumbled and popped in her earbuds. The conversation was giving her anxiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.