A Rewritten Life [Modern (Fantasy/Science Fiction?)]

What do you think of this roleplay concept?

• Original Masterpiece

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Exceedingly Riveting

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Amusingly Interesting

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Neutrally Neutral

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Slightly Dull

• Mostly Idiotic

• Explicitly Copied

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Percival

Original poster
"How can you consider this acceptable? You're destroying people, ridding them of their existence."
"Your point? They're not aware of their suffering, not aware of their entire life being rendered nil because they don't exist. Besides, it only makes it more. . .interesting."

2wmNuuC.gif

odcpncbnphekekniwzkdotzfmxxayucdljtusuiqgoahlainzhwxkffzdwswrwvsycwecqgffsx
Acessing domain 'com.fewurrciehtileisfall.etn/^ienroiguneda'
fknqdqfavhyjcysnifcefjyusnsqcgqvoocmsmoaextlvvyfaputwgivyeaneewtfitemvljqze

ACCESS FROM UNAUTHORIZED IP ADDRESS DETECTED

ENTER IDENTIFICATION

<__________________>

FAILURE TO ENTER IDENTIFICATION WITHIN FIFTEEN SECONDS WILL RESULT IN TRACKING OF DEVICE AND TERMINATION OF USER

<The+Moon^AndThe^St-ars>

IP <192.321.1.237> GRANTED PRIORITY LEVEL <OSTASIS>. ONE FILE ACCESSIBLE.

[MAIN]

[spoili]

[Complaints]

[spoili]
December 12, 20XX

<Employee 42█> and <Employee 3█4> from the <LEGAL & FILING> branch have expressed their worries about our experiment. More specifically, they're voicing concerns about the 'morality' of our experiment. Requesting permission to terminate the two employees. - Head Of Legal & Filing Branch

Permission granted to terminate <Employee 427> and <Employee 324>. Please terminate the employees following our <EMPLOYEE & TEST TERMINATION> guidelines. - The Foreman

NO FURTHER ENTRIES
[/spoili]

[Wulfric Proposal]
[STATUS: Approved]

[spoili]
The Premise
Name the last person you know that has disappeared. Now, I don't mean disappeared as in 'buried six feet under', or 'staying inside all day', not even ''. I mean disappeared. They simply faded from the world, disappeared with a trace. Oh, Amelia Earhart's good. However, it's not quite what I meant. I apologize for not clarifying. What I asked for was something that none of you could answer. I'm talking about someone that disappeared, in the extreme definition of the word; not only are their physical beings stolen away, but the world's acknowledgement of their existence. No one shedding tears and laments over your disappearance. No one remembering you at all, not even a blurred memory.

What happens to those people? Well, if you're a madman or conspiracy theorist, perhaps I can provide an explanation.

The System
It's simple, really. Well, actually, the process itself is really complex, but the actual result is simple. It's an experiment of sorts, or at least that's what we're calling it so we don't get a damn moral committee on ourselves. Anyway, what I'm proposing is this; we take one percent of the populace, and subject them to. . .

ACCESS DENIED.

ADDENDUM 1: Proposal has been forwarded to the Foreman October 15, 20XX. Awaiting approval/denial.
ADDENDUM 2: Proposal accepted by Second In Command October 17, 20XX.

[/spoili]

[Committee Proposal]
[STATUS: Denied]

[spoili]
[REMOVED] - Employee ██9

Permission denied. There would be no point to the committee, nor would it be beneficial to the project. - The Foreman

END OF PROPOSAL

ADDENDUM 1: Denied on July 4, 20XX, the same date it was proposed, by the Second In Command.
[/spoili]
[/spoili]

"I'm interested in what will happen to our guests. I must say, the practice of rewriting lives is. . . .savorable."

Briefing
[spoili]
Setting: It's the year 2037. New and extensive innovations has been made regarding psychoanalysis of the brain. The id of the mind has never been as accessible; several common psychological illnesses are already considered 'extinct', gone from the world through new techniques, such as PTSD. The majority of illnesses that have been cured are belonging to the Schizophrenic/psychotic illnesses and anxiety disorders.

Plot: The Wulfric Project, proposed by Wulfric Forthwright, alias Employee 587, is a recent psychoanalysis experiment funded by third-party government parties expressing interest in a new criminal program. Taking inspiration from the basic techniques used to treat PTSD (memory wiping), The Wulfric Project is a project aimed towards rehabilitation and punishment for future criminals; it's final goal is to select the 'juvenile' and 'criminal' percent of the population that are most likely to commit a crime in the future and, hopefully, treat them before they commit the crime. Being relatively new, the project has been mostly experimental, testing several techniques on a control group and on an experimental group, such as the aforementioned 'memory wiping', and other, more primitive techniques, such as 'aversion conditioning'.

The experiment has been rigorously documented, with pieces of information about it given to the public. The core point of the experiment has been mostly successful, with overall crime rates being lowered by 34%; Wulfric was praised for his project, and it has been assumed that there has been community support for it according to the 'silent majority', apart from the few liberals and protesters arguing that you can't punish someone for a crime they haven't committed.

Then the project went wrong.

The original founder of the project, Wulfric, reportedly died five months after it was originally conceived. The next higher up, known only by his alias 'The Foreman', was appointed as the successor to the project, and his/her means are less than laudable; the project shifted to include a percent of the population considered to be objectively innocent, and information on the project has begun being classified from the public. More people were being pulled into the project then there were coming out fine; several people that did come back had more noticeable mental illnesses, and, once in a while, a person would come back with their memories less than clear, their mind so gone they couldn't remember who they are as a person. One person who had returned from the project's facility was one moment completely fine, apparently unaffected, and the next they became a lifeless husk, void of any life.

Whatever has happened, it seems that the project's goals have shifted from criminal reduction to strange experiments of the mind.

Crazy? Perhaps. Sadly, however, this theory has been proven. A file that has leaked from the Wulfric project seems to prove this; the majority of the file has talked about experiments regarding removal of key synapses in the mind, along with a breif mention of a conditioning experiment that was less than acceptable.

Funding stopped after these reports reached government parties, and the project was shut down, the files locked away; the name of psychoanalysis was tainted forever by this incident.

However, despite the project having been shut down, the files are still classified and haven't been released to the community. Some rather creative conspiracy theorists say that the project was never shut down, and it's still on-going. . .
[/spoili]

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa, I like this premise. :o I want to see where this is going!

I'm not really sure where this is going but at the very least it looks and sounds cool.

It is interesting, but I'd want to get a better grip on the settling/plot before I signed up.

LOL, I sat here for about a week confused by this thing because I didn't look at all the spoilers. Makes so much more sense now. Definitely interested, but I would also want a better grip on the setting/plot.

It is interesting, but I'd want to get a better grip on the settling/plot before I signed up.
LOL, I sat here for about a week confused by this thing because I didn't look at all the spoilers. Makes so much more sense now. Definitely interested, but I would also want a better grip on the setting/plot.
I'd be happy to provide.

Some of this is subject to change.

[spoili]
Setting: It's the year 2037. New and extensive innovations has been made regarding psychoanalysis of the brain. The id of the mind has never been as accessible; several common psychological illnesses are already considered 'extinct', gone from the world through new techniques, such as PTSD. The majority of illnesses that have been cured are belonging to the Schizophrenic/psychotic illnesses and anxiety disorders.

Plot: The Wulfric Project, proposed by Wulfric Forthwright, alias Employee 587, is a recent psychoanalysis experiment funded by third-party government parties expressing interest in a new criminal program. Taking inspiration from the basic techniques used to treat PTSD (memory wiping), The Wulfric Project is a project aimed towards rehabilitation and punishment for future criminals; it's final goal is to select the 'juvenile' and 'criminal' percent of the population that are most likely to commit a crime in the future and, hopefully, treat them before they commit the crime. Being relatively new, the project has been mostly experimental, testing several techniques on a control group and on an experimental group, such as the aforementioned 'memory wiping', and other, more primitive techniques, such as 'aversion conditioning'.

The experiment has been rigorously documented, with pieces of information about it given to the public. The core point of the experiment has been mostly successful, with overall crime rates being lowered by 34%; Wulfric was praised for his project, and it has been assumed that there has been community support for it according to the 'silent majority', apart from the few liberals and protesters arguing that you can't punish someone for a crime they haven't committed.

Then the project went wrong.

The original founder of the project, Wulfric, reportedly died five months after it was originally conceived. The next higher up, known only by his alias 'The Foreman', was appointed as the successor to the project, and his/her means are less than laudable; the project shifted to include a percent of the population considered to be objectively innocent, and information on the project has begun being classified from the public. More people were being pulled into the project then there were coming out fine; several people that did come back had more noticeable mental illnesses, and, once in a while, a person would come back with their memories less than clear, their mind so gone they couldn't remember who they are as a person. One person who had returned from the project's facility was one moment completely fine, apparently unaffected, and the next they became a lifeless husk, void of any life.

Whatever has happened, it seems that the project's goals have shifted from criminal reduction to strange experiments of the mind.

Crazy? Perhaps. Sadly, however, this theory has been proven. A file that has leaked from the Wulfric project seems to prove this; the majority of the file has talked about experiments regarding removal of key synapses in the mind, along with a breif mention of a conditioning experiment that was less than acceptable.

Funding stopped after these reports reached government parties, and the project was shut down, the files locked away; the name of psychoanalysis was tainted forever by this incident.

However, despite the project having been shut down, the files are still classified and haven't been released to the community. Some rather creative conspiracy theorists say that the project was never shut down, and it's still on-going. . .
[/spoili]

Again, a bit rushed, and things are subject to change.

Edit; Copied into the main post.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Moogle-Girl
Ooooo. So who will we be playing as? Victims of the experiment, people seeking to take it down, scientists on the inside? Or whoever?

Ooooo. So who will we be playing as? Victims of the experiment, people seeking to take it down, scientists on the inside? Or whoever?
Preferably the victims of the experiment and those seeking to take it down, but I never thought about people roleplaying as the scientists responsible for the experiment. I'll see how the latter would fit in.

If one more person expresses interest in this, I'll open up the OOC/Signups

Reactions: Rae and Moogle-Girl
Just a question to verify. In the beginning you stated that the experiments were literally wiping the memory/existence of a person, but in your recent explanation posted, you've only mentioned how these experiments only drained the victim's mind of their acknowledgement of their own existence, rendering them into human veggie delights.

So, how exactly did The Foreman turn this inwardly devastating brainwashing technique into such a tool that erases the memory of the victims from the minds of everyone who has some knowledge of them?

I think this idea is rather awesome, but seen before - in the realm of inner mental annihilation. But, to take it to the next level you've proposed, I believe I haven't seen written. This whole global whitewash concept is interesting...If it can be written as a believable possibility. I wouldn't mind coming up with ways to make that happen, if time allows, but I wanted to know if you were attempting to go that full route, or just keep it simple with the selective brainwashing?

Last edited:
Wow, Sounds like a Crazy mixture of "Stanley's Parable' and a somewhat Horror Rp.
'

Cool idea really xD

So, how are you going about that? The personal brainwash, or the full-out mass cleaning of their existence throughout? Just trying to see if I've got it right in my head, so as to work on my charries.

This sounds interesting, I'd be up for it when more information is provided.

So, how are you going about that? The personal brainwash, or the full-out mass cleaning of their existence throughout? Just trying to see if I've got it right in my head, so as to work on my charries.
I am so, oh so sorry for not replying to your question earlier (of all the times for my laptop to have a virus attack! over a trip out where there's very little connection at all, no less!).

[spoili]
The system that the Foreman has is set up according to the factors of the. . .'patient', for lack of a better term. The system is unique by taking in account several qualities, mental and social, of the patients, including, but not limited to, their interaction with the public, their IQ, their social life with others and their acquaintance's relative interaction with them, their vocational position and associate relationship, their marital status, and society's general acknowledgement of them, among others. By judging the patients according to their qualities, they're sorted into four rough categories; Id, Ordosis, Oedipus, and Mordin.

If the patient is classified as Id, it means that they have poor ties with society, usually have no marital status, low IQ, no vocational position due to the aforementioned poor people skills, and are usually the low-income demographic (though there have been middle-class individuals in this area before.) Id patients tend to have psychological problems, such as altered thinking, and are usually criminals and dealers of illegal contraband; due to this, Id patients are where most of the patients in the Wulfric project are taken from, as they can easily be taken in under the guise of imprisonment and rehabilitation. In the case of the rare middle-class individual, they are taken into the Wulfric project under the guise of a death, usually one involving outside influence (i.e. drunk driving, minor shooting, etc.)

If the patient is classified as Ordosis, they are belonging to the average, the median of the population; average ties with their workplace, they usually have a modest relationship with family and friends, have a steady job with less then perfect relations with coworkers, and are, quite simply, the average person you would see walking in sync with everyone else in a city. Ordosis patients are social, but not publicly known, which means that Ordosis patients, alongside Id patients, make them an excellent secondary source of subjects for the Wulfric project, though much less is taken from here compared to Id. The reason the Foreman can risk taking people from populated areas is that there are numerous opportunities to take them away from the public; for example, young adults can be taken in under the ready-made guise of moving out and settling in. However, due to these individuals being more social, the Foreman also has to make more precautions; bribes are made to those that keep close watch on these individuals, and stubborn people that refuse bribes are taken into the Wulfric project as well.

If the patient is classified as Oedipus, they're the difficult, but opportunistic, individuals; they're usually high income individuals, with strong relationships with society and family, and are the owners of faces that the public can easily recognize. They're the people that are known for their skill, known for what they do and can do for other people. Interestingly, the Foreman does manage to take these people into the Wulfric project, though not without great cost; family members that have close relationships with the individuals and associates that work alongside the individual are taken in as well and administered amnesiacs. That being said, amnesiacs aren't perfect; , and sometimes the Foreman has ended up with vegetables instead of people, but they work well enough to blur the processes of the mind, to blur memories of the past. Considering how well known the person is, they can be replaced by a mental and physical look-alike that can tarnish their name and make them forgotten. Sounds unrealistic? Perhaps. However, history has shown enough that even people famous for their times can be forgotten by the public easily by a more likable successor; society can forget those that have made great impacts in the world in a second, given the right circumstances.

If the patient is classified as Mordin, they're. . .difficult, to put it lightly. Essentially, they're people that have criteria fitting more or one of the above categories. They're never taken into the Wulfric project, essentially the outliers of the population. Only one person belonging to this category has been admitted; the resulting of the experiments that took place on this individual left. . .interesting results, to say the least, results that apparently even the Foreman could recognize as being generally unwanted results.
[/spoili]

I'm so sorry. Really, I am. Don't kick me, blame my sister for downloading a less than laudable.​

Hopes this explains everything. Again, apologies for the late reply.

• Love
Reactions: Phi Chisym
Yea, hope you get this going. And I so hope I can create the charrie on my heart that will work well in this twisted mess you've conjured. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.