1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Open to anything, but particularly enjoy gothic horror, urban fantasy, science fiction, post-apocalypse, and steampunk.
NOT SURPRISED. >:[

Sounds like they went for book accuracy. D: LAME.

Not erotic? Explain these screenshots then!
tumblr_n9ank7lNcR1sr9df5o1_500.jpg

BtqiXeZCEAAezSL.jpg

tumblr_inline_n8ohpgSVbi1rxkgjg.jpg

They're as erotic as it's ever going to get. Lisa Wilkinson simply doesn't know what she's on about, and is just jealous that she didn't get the idea to publish a Twilight fanfiction >:[

brb making a career as an erotica author

I've heard lots of complaints also about the way BDSM is represented (I haven't read the book or seen the film, so I'm not sure how founded these claims are). Members of the BDSM community are feeling misrepresented, painted as violent abusers or emotionless villains. "BDSM is about trust" is something that's been said a lot, and from what bits I've seen and reviews I've heard, this movie doesn't seem to be about trust or chemistry of any kind.

Reactions: Ashi
I've heard lots of complaints also about the way BDSM is represented (I haven't read the book or seen the film, so I'm not sure how founded these claims are). Members of the BDSM community are feeling misrepresented, painted as violent abusers or emotionless villains. "BDSM is about trust" is something that's been said a lot, and from what bits I've seen and reviews I've heard, this movie doesn't seem to be about trust or chemistry of any kind.
I heard similar things. I read in passing (from this article) that the communication between the two main characters is just not healthy. I can definitely see how the BDSM community would feel misrepresented.

Reactions: Minibit
tumblr_m7yzq32EGT1qzcmm9o1_5001.jpg

My husband could write better, and he's as creative as a rock.

Seriously, I'm not surprised that they stuck with the book in every way. There is nothing at all sexy about it. The sad part about it is, so many guys are going to get lucky tomorrow for taking their girlfriends/wives to see it....

The sad part about it is, so many guys are going to get lucky tomorrow for taking their girlfriends/wives to see it....
What I find sad is that I know people are going to try and mimic what they see in the movie without doing any proper research on how to preform BDSM, then it's just going to create a big shit storm about the whole erotic practice in general if someone gets hurt. Of course, this is me being pessimistic. I hope people are going to be smart enough to research it before getting straight into it though >.<

• Love
Reactions: Gonzo
It's basically written by someone who doesn't participate in BDSM, just did a whole lot of reading about it and got turned on by it. Someone who was a genuine participant in the BDSM scene would know you just did not do half the shit that happens in the book!

BDSM is about trust. There's a lot of trust, and understanding, and safety. It's not about domestic abuse, or getting rocks off because you get to beat on someone. That's how it's represented in Fifty Shades and, well...

Yeah. That's wrong.

No, you're probably right. I don't know much about BDSM outside of what I learned in my psychology books and what I've read online, but I know that what's in the book is not BDSM. What it is, is an unhealthy relationship with mental, physical, and financial abuse. I foresee a lot of breakups in the next few months if they try to mimic the movie.

Reactions: Ashi
I guess whoever wrote that wasn't paying attention when The Hunger Games sparked a huge controversy because of it's premise to the point that it was compared to the Lord's Resistance Army. Though, while that could be a good point, eh...The Hunger Games turned into a rebellion to stop the very system that forced children to kill each other, meanwhile Fifty shades of grey glorify the abusive relationship between Anastasia and Christian that is continuous. But what the fan twitter thingy fail to realize is that there are other reasons why the series is getting hate. Want an idea? Refer here.

I wonder if anyone who has clicked on this thread has read Ozzie Chanter's awesome blog titled 'Ten Reasons Why Fifty Shades of Grey is Terrible' because he practically winged it one by one on just how terrible the book is.

The ORIGINAL (and far better) 50 Shades of Grey.

Reactions: ElBell
I honestly don't understand why anyone would want to read a book/see a movie that glorifies domestic abuse and completely misinterprets the BDSM community under the guise of a badly written erotic novel. Then again, it was originally Twilight fanfiction, it sort of speaks for itself.

If somebody could go back in time and prevent the making of the book(s), do it. You'd be the hero of mankind.

I absolutely despise this series of books. I'm a four hour montage of the Hulk smashing things.

The only and I mean only redeeming factor about this book entering the universe is that it's made so many people read again, ok they are reading practically illiterate text, and the plot has so many holes (oh kinky) but seriously it's lacking in research, subtext, plot, and development of characters beyond the usual clichés. However it's made some of my less well read friends actually pick up a book for the first time since leaving school, I've had to tweak their next choice, but I was happy that they felt the need to read again.

Reactions: Minibit and Isho13
Status
Not open for further replies.