A Return to Freddy's [Mira-Charma13 and Wolfietheh

Status
Not open for further replies.
"That is a poor attitude to have."

Mari certainly wasted no time mincing words. As the newcomers would almost certainly learn, the wily puppet was a brutally honest individual, and--in stark contrast with the ever-polite Freddy--was not always polite. "Considering that you now reside in a restaurant that focuses on entertaining children, the fact that you are so easily irritated by a bubbly animatronic with the mindset of a child truly does disturb me." He sounded almost...defensive. As if he was genuinely concerned about Kyle's ability to properly interact with children.

The Marionette was terribly overprotective when it came to children. And for good reason, as well.

When the coyote made mention of his jumbled mess of strings, Mari glanced down briefly before snapping those fiery pupils back to the other's form. "...If you want to help, then by all means, come closer." Seemingly frustrated, the skinny animatronic pulled at those strings again. They appeared to be rather old, and with the pressure he was putting on them...it was likely that they would snap. "These strings are almost as old as I am," he muttered bitterly, managing to hook one spidery finger underneath one of the worst knots. "And I was in the original restaurant." Mari was one of the oldest animatronics in the entire building, and one of the most delicate to boot. He was in dire need of special attention from the resident mechanic due to his age...which he clearly wasn't getting.

"I noticed that that poor excuse for a mechanic dropped in on the three of you in the Cove today," Freddy hummed in his deep, rumbling voice. "If I had to guess, I believe he gave Foxy a much-needed once-over...and most likely penned a long list in his notepad? That is, without a doubt, a list of all of the parts and materials that will be necessary to repair him. The management will purchase these materials and take them to the basement, and once they arrive my golden counterpart will bring them upstairs. I'm under the assumption that they intend to do the same for Mangle..."

The towering bear averted his gaze, ocean blue optics briefly settling on Mangle before dropping to the floor. "But the mechanic...he wants nothing to do with Mangle. To him, she is a lost cause...which is far from the truth, of course." Fred's own dark blue eyes narrowed with obvious irritation. That mechanic was a rotten excuse for a human being! "If you were, perhaps, to make a list in his stead and leave it for the management to find..." Freddy continued, rubbing his chin thoughtfully, "...they may assume it came from him and order the parts she will need."

"I don't have a problem with Runt, but I've known her for over seventeen years and over time her attitude can become a little... Unbearable. I love the little wolf pup, she's like a niece to me, and she treats Dusty as if she was her mum. But still, sometimes you want to take a break." Kyle shifted closer and began to untangle the wires, making sure to be gentle with them to make sure that he didn't break the wires. It was a lot more effective than just tugging at them, "Besides, I wanted to give them their space, Dusty's been through a lot and she needed to be able to see her little sister again."

The Marionettes words caught the coyote's attention, "Original? How many restaurants has there been?"

Dusty nodded, "I can do that, I can definitely do that. Mangle, follow me, let's get to work on what needs to be fixed." The wolf gave Freddy a thankful nod, offering Fred a gentle smile, before walking towards the stage, Mangle was scuttling along behind her, talking in a mess of glitchy noises and garbles. The wolf jumped up onto the stage and Mangle followed her, sitting down next to her and looking around before resting her head on the desk.

The wolf stroked her chin, "Freddy, you wouldn't know where I could find a notepad and a pen would you?" Her cyan eyes flickered back over to the bear.

Mari hummed in response to that admission about Runt. It was strange, though...how had he known about the peculiar new arrival without even seeing her in person? It was as if he was a truly omniscient being. Perhaps there was a valid reason why all of the resident animatronics seemed to be unnerved by the spindly puppet. "I suppose I can understand that. I am sometimes the same way when it comes to the rabbits--our two rabbits, of course. Neither of them are very neighborly, and both can be downright ugly at times. Bonnie in particular can be quite a caustic individual, insulting others left and right. The only one who can truly calm that raging beast, for a little while anyway, is Foxy."

Bonnie could be a total bastard. Every once in a while, Freddy or Mari would have to step up and put him in his place to keep his foul attitude in check.

Though he didn't seem to mind the close proximity, the Marionette instantly yanked his hands away from the strings once Kyle reached forward to attempt to untangle them. Like Freddy, Mari didn't like to be touched by anyone. He barely tolerated being touched by children, beings he loved more than anything else. Instead he sat back, watching with unblinking silvery eyes as the coyote had a go at the tangled disaster of strings. "Four," he answered with ease, craning his neck to peer over Kyle's shoulder. He felt a bit uneasy. Golden, still dutifully guarding the monster in the basement, was beginning to get restless. He desperately wanted to meet these newcomers, but he couldn't afford to leave the monster alone. "This is the fourth. I starred in the original and the second restaurants."

Freddy, who was in the process of leading Fred to the Toys' stage, peeked over his shoulder again at Dusty. "I would check the break room, where Bonnie, Foxy, and Bonbon are watching their show. There should be a printer in there with paper, as well as a spare glass filled with pens." With that said he sauntered away, Fred following after him like a little lost duckling.

Though Fred was by no means the de facto leader of the Toys--that title certainly belonged to wise old Mari--he was the head of the band, and thus was in charge of much of the planning for their daily shows. Of course, he always discussed his ideas with Blu before implementing them. The lithe blue bunny was a talented musician, and he always had great input when it came to the songs they played and the skits they performed.

((Sorry if my posting starts to become less frequent, my mind has been everywhere recently, also, sorry it's so short >_<))

Kyle nodded in agreement, "I can understand that, Bonbon is definitely more bearable than Bonnie though, I've been here for two nights now and already clashed with him a few times." The coyote continued to untangle the wires, keeping his eyes focused on them as he continued to slowly -but surely- make progress.

He glanced back up to Mari when he mentioned this being the fourth one,
"Four? Dang, that's a surprising amount but I suppose when the place is this popular with the younger ones you wouldn't want to give it up either, but... Four times? That's crazy..." That last part was mumbled as her dropped his gaze back to the wires, which were now a quarter of the way untangled.

Dusty nodded in thanks before jumping off the stage and walking towards the hallway that Bonnie and the other two had rushed down, she honestly would never be able to understand those three. The wolf walked into the room, making sure not to make too much of a nose as she trudged over to the printer and opened it, pulling out a few sheets of paper. She had to look around a bit for the glass filled with spare pens before she picked out two and made her way back over to the door.

She was back at the stage again, writing down the materials she would need as she continued to check over Mangle, by the time she was done she had used both sides of one of the pieces of paper and half of the other.

(( Don't worry about it! I've been having some bad health problems the past few days, so I'm behind on a lot of stuff and sometimes I just don't have the will to write. D: ))

"He is a handful, isn't he?" The corner's of Mari's mouth turned upward into a most knowing smirk. "Bonbon is far too used to being the baby of the family. He is the youngest of them all, and therefore very much used to being spoiled rotten. He also believes himself to be the..." Once again, the spindly puppet made large air quotes with his fingers, "...most attractive creature to ever set foot on this planet." With amusement dotting his features, Mari leaned forward just a smidgen. "But trust me when I say that compared to Bonnie, Bonbon can be the sweetest thing in the world. Bonnie is a bit of a bully. Not the most neighborly of creatures. His volatile temper can snap at the most insignificant of things, and he isn't fond of outsiders. He tends to get gratuitously violent when something, or someone, angers him. The only one he will not get violent with is Freddy. He deeply respects Freddy."

Thank goodness for that. Bonnie was a hulking monster--the largest and, physically anyway, strongest of the Fazbear animatronics. His churning and quick, violent temper combined with that size and strength was a recipe for disaster, so the fact that he respected Freddy and the authority the bear had over him was a massive relief.

"Monetary problems, as well as..." The Marionette's features twisted into a peculiar grimace. "...As well as publicity scandals, forced these closures." He was silent for a long time...before he reached forward, finally putting his aversion to being touched to the side in favor of helping the newcomer untangle the strings. "If you want to know more...you should ask Freddy. Or...his golden doppelganger, if he ever decides to rise up from the depths of the basement. I have no right to speak in detail of such things."

The three boys were anything but quiet as they watched their program, which was predictably loud, unrefined, and filled to the brim with fighting and drama. They were all crowded around a pitifully small television on the counter beside an ancient microwave, behind a couple of tables and wobbly plastic chairs. Bonnie was the only one who acknowledged Dusty, gazing at her with half-lidded reddish-magenta optics and looking unimpressed at best. "No girls allowed. Scram."

"Bon!" Foxy whacked the large rabbit on the arm--Bonnie grunted with pain, rubbing his arm sourly. "That ain' nice! Apologize!" The lavender rabbit gritted his teeth together, eyes locked on the small television screen. "Hey, screw you, you little pirate midget!" Blu snickered, wisely leaning away from the bickering duo.

"Bonnie!" Chica chose this moment to appear in the doorway, one hand on her hip and the other balancing a tray with a fresh, hot pizza on top in the other. "You watch your mouth!" Bonnie and Blu both rolled their eyes in unison. "Yeah, sure. Whatever, mom," the larger rabbit muttered, cracking his mechanical knuckles.

Last edited:
Kyle chuckled, "Bonbon is definitely... Something, he's definitely easier to deal with, but he reminds me of a... Spoiled rich kid sometimes, eh, no offence to him or anybody." The coyote shook his head slightly, "But I do have to agree with you that Bonbon is the sweetest of the bunch compared to Bonnie, the rabbit kinda scares me a little, gonna be honest with you on that one. He... Almost reminds me of how Dusty was when we first met her, but Dusty was a lot more reserved and toned down then Bonnie." The coyote offered a small smile when Mari started helping untangle the wires.

It was true, Dusty had definitely been very different to how she was now, but then again she was also a lot younger and more naïve, Sarah had changed Dusty's perspective on a lot of things along with her attitude, and the incident had helped with that too. Now she was the most mature of them.

"I almost feel envious, I wish the management I used to work under had enough money to rebuild our place and fix us, or maybe they could've at least fixed Dusty before dropping us off here. Her arms play up a lot, along with a few other circuits but she can't exactly get to them since they're mostly in her chest and stomach area, so she's forced to sit through the pain." The coyote growled, a look of anger briefly flashing across his face, they didn't always get along, and the two argued more than they talked, but over the time he had known her he had come to care for Dusty. Almost as if she was the sister he never had.

Dusty didn't give much a reaction to Bonnie's 'insult' (if it could even be called that) she merely rolled her cyan eyes and left, calling out a, "I'm going, I'm going! Don't get your undies in a twist." As she did.

After taking notes of all the parts Mangle would need Dusty left the paper on a party table before sitting down at the table where they had eaten pizza last night before waking up the toys. Mangle had scurried back into Pirate Cove, practically bursting with excitement at the thought of being fixed. Riley came back with Runt, both done with their tour, and upon spotting Dusty the small, wolf animatronic bolted over.

"Dusty! Dusty! Can you read me a stowy? pleeeeeaaaase~!" The wolf blinked in surprise, but when she spotted the books Riley was holding she nodded and moved her chair so it wasn't tucked under, Runt shifted the chair next to Dusty's a sat down on it as the large wolf picked up the first story book she saw and flicked through it until she got to the opening, she then cleared her throat and began to read.

"Bonbon will grow on you eventually," the puppet crooned, apparently eager to get those rotting strings untangled. With his long spidery fingers he was able to get in-between even the tightest knotted strings. "He can be sweet...but still caustic, even to those he calls friends. Bonnie, on the other hand...he has many underlying problems that never quite show themselves. For him, it isn't a matter of opening up or changing his viewpoint. Age has nothing to do with it." The Marionette frowned, sparing a glance at the heavy metal door that separated the Parts and Services room from the main room.

"Bonnie is much older than he looks and behaves--I've come to believe that he will forever have the personality of a rowdy teenage boy. I will admit that I've lost count over the years...but if my calculations are correct..."

Mari squinted off into the distance, apparently quite deep in thought. "...Bonnie is in his early thirties. Chica is about the same age. Freddy and Foxy are slightly older--I know for a fact that construction on Freddy was finished in 1980. Myself and Golden..." An expression most foul crawled its way onto the spindly animatronic's face. "...Ugh. I would rather not speak of it. We are much, much older than those four."

Apparently, the Marionette was rather sensitive about his age!

A triumphant sound escaped Mari when, at long last, the single remaining knot was tugged free. "Finally! That took long enough. Thank you for the help." His silvery pupils flashed. "Fazbear Entertainment is not rife with money as it seems to be. The owner is very much in debt. It is why, even though we seem to constantly change locations, all of us--though, clearly, some more than others--are in dire need of proper maintenance. The management does not have the coin to keep us in proper working order. I pity Foxy the most." Mari bowed his head somewhat. "Foxy is one of the oldest animatronics in the building. He requires special attention, as well as customized and highly expensive parts. It may not seem like it, but he is always in an immense amount of pain."

Some clunking sounds suddenly came from that small hallway. Blu emerged first, happily chowing down on a piece of pizza. Chica trailed after him, looking distinctly ruffled. She made a beeline for the kitchen, eager to rejoin her Toy counterpart and get away from the boys for a while. Blu traipsed his way to the Toys' stage and plopped right down, munching contently. To his disdain, he barely recognized any of the performers on that wrestling program now--many of his old favorites no longer wrestled or had even died in the time he was inactive. Fred was the first to notice him. He waved to the blue bunny, who gave a simple nod as a response. His mouth was too full of pizza to say hello.

"You, Freddy and Goldie deserve an award for being able to put up with all of this." Kyle chuckled, shuffling back a little when the final knot was untied. He rested his hands in his lap, "and you're welcome." Kyle stayed silent for the most part, nodding his head occasionally as the puppet spoke. He leaned back against the wall, his tail curling over into his lap as he played with it a little, brushing the fur.

"Well, from what I saw the engineer was taking a look at Foxy this morning, and Dusty wants to try fixing both him and Mangle, so hopefully, he might possibly be in less pain, soon. Dusty's a good story teller, but she's just as good at fixin' others, so I have faith in her." The coyote huffed, "now if only she'd get 'round to fixin' herself."

Tia had cleaned up a little and was now sat on the table, looking through one of the cookery books. The chicken perked up when her older counterpart entered the kitchen again, looking frazzled, "Were the boys as... Eh, loud, as I thought they would be?" She jumped off the table and walked over to the older chicken.

Riley was sat on the main stage, his legs dangling off the edge as edge as he watched Dusty read to Runt, now that the grand tour was finished he had nothing else to do. Well... He could always just sit here and watch the two wolves. The dwarf bunny untied his bow and leaned forward, watching Dusty and Runt while he tangled his bow around his hands. He would get scolded for it later, but right now he was bored so he didn't care.

"...I could take a look at your companion's damages."

Mari's gaze suddenly became shifty. He peered warily in the direction of the door, as if he expected Freddy or Golden to stick their massive heads into the room and firmly accost him. "If I were to do so, however...it would have to be while the others are distracted, particularly Freddy. The rules forbid me from using the power I possess unless an emergency situation arises." The Marionette's powers could be downright lethal to an animatronic if a mistake was made, or he was distracted from his work. Freddy kept a close eye on him at all times if he had company. The bear was under the false assumption that all Kyle intended to do was speak with the puppet--should he ever find out that the coyote reached out and physically touched that ancient animatronic, even if he was trying to be helpful, it certainly wouldn't be pretty.

"Also..." Mari's silvery gaze panned downward, fixing itself on the floor. "I know that Golden has yet to show his face and introduce himself to all of you...but when he does, I strongly suggest advising the wolf that repairing him is simply out of the question. He is in bad shape. The legs of his endoskeleton no longer function properly, so he has a great deal of trouble walking and standing. She may be inclined to offer assistance. Do let her know that is not a good idea."

As run-down as Golden was, he had no intention whatsoever of sitting down and allowing someone, anyone, to work on him, regardless of that someone's skill level.

Chica huffed, clunking her way to one of the refrigerators. "That Bonnie!" To help keep her simmering temper in check, the older chicken seemed to be intent on reorganizing the contents of this fridge. "You should have heard him! He outright insulted the new girl! He was downright ugly to her!" An irritated grumble escaped her--she might have slammed that plastic ketchup bottle down a little bit harder than she should have. "And Bonbon wasn't much better! He was laughing! Ugh..." She stood up straight, an obvious scowl on her beak. "At least Foxy tried to defend her..."

Though for the most part Blu was focused on finishing off his slice of pizza, his large emerald eyes were drawn to that delicate ribbon being twisted so brutishly around the brown rabbit's fingers. Predictably, those massive eyes narrowed into tiny slits. "Hey, punk." With his lips pushed to the side and his ears standing straight up, Blu looked distinctly annoyed. "That's no way to treat clothing! Knock it off."

Kyle frowned, "Aria doesn't really enjoy other people looking at her parts all that much, so it probably wouldn't be a good idea at all and she wouldn't really let you, but it is nice of you to offer. If I try I might be able to convince her to at least let you take a look, but it's unlikely. Probably the main reason why our mechanic hated checking up on her, she always growled."

Kyle frowned but nodded his head in understanding, "I'll make sure I tell her that, but it is unlikely she would've offered her assistance herself, she's very awkward when it comes to those things so unless somebody actually asks her or somebody recommends her help to somebody else she won't normally say anything. Dusty's a little odd like that I suppose."

Tia frowned, "You mean the wolf, Dusty? That wasn't very nice of him." The toy animatronic crossed her arms over her chest as she frowned, "she seems so nice too, offering to fix Mangle and all..." The yellow chicken made her way over to her older counterpart, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder and giving a small smile.

"Chica, if Bonnie is anything like I remember I don't think he's going to change, but Dusty seems like a very laid back character and I'm certain she won't let what that brute said get to her, if you're so worried about it why don't you go talk to Dusty?"

Riley jumped in slight surprise, his purple eyes darting away from Dusty to the blue rabbit. He blinked in shock and confusion before glancing down at his hands, noticing he had tangled the ribbon around his fingers in his dazed state. The dwarf bunny sighed and shifted a little further down the stage and a little further from Blu, "Right, yeah, sorry..." The brown bunny managed to untangle it and tied it back around his left ear, almost celebrating when he succeeded before remember that Bonbon was there and instead he recoiled a little further back and glancing back over to Dusty, who had moved onto another story.

(( Sorry for the delay. I've been sick. I'm finally starting to feel better! >.> ))

"I suppose I can understand that." Slowly, and without making a single noise, the thin puppet rose to his full height. "Foxy and Freddy can be difficult when it comes to being repaired. The two of them do not like to be touched under any circumstances, especially by adult male humans. Which, unfortunately, seems to be the norm among mechanics. The two of them have chased off many mechanics, even injured a few. Foxy is by far the worst offender." Mari pulled a most unpleasant face. "Foxy's first reaction upon being truly terrified or hurt is to lash out with his teeth. Those teeth are as sharp as scalpels."

Taking long, graceful strides, the Marionette made his way across the room. "Awkward, you say? I do hope she can overcome that hurdle. That behavior simply won't do in a building filled with so many colorful characters. I have been trying for many, many years to break Fred out of his shell, as well. The two of them ought to spend a bit more time with the rabbits. The two of them are confident and outspoken, even if they can be a bit insufferable at times." Mari came to a stop at his box, where he lifted one leg at a time to carefully climb into it. His box was his safe haven, after all--he felt better when he was within it.

Chica heaved a massive sigh, shoulders drooping. "...I know he's not going to change. He'll never change. He's had years to change and he just...won't. At least Foxy's making an effort. Even Freddy's making an effort, and he doesn't like outsiders." Her purplish optics darted up to meet Tia's blue ones. "I wonder what Golden will think of them. He could spare a couple of minutes to come and introduce himself at least. Maybe Freddy should go talk to him."

Chica wasn't sure if Tia or the other Toys even knew about the monster in the basement. That was after their time. But somehow...she felt like the Marionette would have gotten that news across to them somehow. He was certainly a mysterious being. "I might talk to Freddy later about Bonnie, too," she chirped after a moment of silence, finally closing the refrigerator door. "Bonnie listens to Freddy. He might make an effort if Freddy reams him out."

Blu clicked his mechanical tongue, looking rather pleased when the other rabbit untangled the ribbon and put it back in its rightful place. "Good, good. You should always treat clothing with respect!" He struck a pose where he sat. "I have a thing for fashion. Sometimes I wish the management would let us wear more costumes. We get special costumes and stuff on holidays."

Mere seconds after the blue bunny spoke, Bonnie and Foxy emerged from that small hallway. "That was a disappointing match," the lavender rabbit groaned, arms up and behind his head as he walked. "Aye," Foxy muttered, ears drooping somewhat. "I was hopin' tha' new lad woulda won. 'M gettin' tired a' seein' the same ol', same ol'." "Oh, come on..." Bonnie's mouth split open in a wide, devilish grin. "You don't like seeing The Rock come around anymore? He's a classic." Foxy blew a raspberry, walking along a little bit faster. "Ain' got a problem with tha' one. I don' like seein' the same faces winnin' the same matches over an' over, tha's all."

He stopped just before reaching his Cove, glancing this way and that. "Where'd Freddy go?"

Kyle followed the Marionette's example and stood up, stretching out his legs slightly and rolling his head around a few times, "She isn't always awkward, only when it comes to offering her assistance with repairing others, she doesn't like to think of herself as a good mechanic." The coyote leaned back against the wall, his tail giving a slight swish before stopping all of its movements.
"Say, do you know what time it is?"

Tia nodded, "Mari told us about Golden, if he came up from the basement I would like to meet him as well." The chicken clucked slightly before jumping back onto the side and flipping open the cookbook she had been reading, "I would recommend talking to Freddy about Bonnie though, we really don't want him intimidating the newcomers. Especially not the brown bunny, he seems a little jumpy." She frowned slightly, Riley was by far one of the shyest animatronics she had met.

Riley smiled slightly, "I try to, it's just sometimes it gets kinda tiring." His ears lowered and he slouched over a little more, "I-I don't mean wearing clothing g-gets tiring. It's just... You and Dusty seem to be the o-only other animatronics I've met who don't think me wearing a b-bow makes me look stupid, or at least haven't said anything about it making look stupid. Kyle thinks I look dumb and the adults don't like their children being around a, a..." He frowned, trying to remember the word on adult had used when complaining to their manager back at the diner, oh right, "'Drag queen' w-whatever that means..." Her rested his elbows on his knees before placing his chin on his hands. For most of his existence he had been criticised for wearing a bow, Percy had done it the most though and he was waiting for one of these animatronics to star teasing him too.

Dusty finished her story and Runt jumped off the other chair, the wolf had rose to her feet and stretched her arms out in front of her, wincing at the slight pain, when Foxy's question reached her ears. She let her cyan optics scan the room before they landed on the pirate fox, then she jerked her head in the direction of the Toy's stage, "He went back there with Fred, something about planning... Something or the other, my memories a little foggy right now." She dragged her eyes back to Runt who seemed to have gotten distracted by a party hat, she was peaking over the table and lifting a hand to swat at it before ducking back down, only to come back up a few moments layer and repeat the process. It looked rather adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.