A Requiem for Themelio: A Dirge for Tartarus (OOC/Signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, by the way, I went cleric because we needed both a paladin and a cleric for this one. lol

Cool character, I'm interested in seeing how she interacts with Jarcik. :D

You have no idea how long I debated on how tall to make her. It hurt my brain.

Fuck. My memory is going funky. I finally actually just realized where I remember you from Rune. All of my roleplay memories are mixing together! I almost forgot that that roleplay was on the other site! Hoe Lee Shit. See, I recognized you, I had just glossed over from where in my memory, then I was just sitting here and it hit me. Shit. It has been a long time. the funny thing is I almost named this character Alexandria. XD

Fuck. My memory is going funky. I finally actually just realized where I remember you from Rune. All of my roleplay memories are mixing together! I almost forgot that that roleplay was on the other site! Hoe Lee Shit. See, I recognized you, I had just glossed over from where in my memory, then I was just sitting here and it hit me. Shit. It has been a long time. the funny thing is I almost named this character Alexandria. XD

*Slow clap*

Real smooth Potato. Anyways, Catherine is accepted!

Just one more now~

now we just need a thief and some 20-sided dice and we'll be in business

I'll just cast Sanctuary for every fight. Tell me when its over. XD

I have a d20 just gimme the word

I have pretty much all the dice you would ever need. Multiple d20's, d4',s d6's, d8's, d10's, d12's. I want a d100, but that are ridiculously rare and rolling two d10's does pretty much the same thing.

...I don't have any dice whatsoever >_>

...I am ashamed V_V

sorry i was away for a while (summer and such) and will be able to post my character shortly

Domotoro, we might have to test good old European blades against those of the Orient. Mmmm European swords are just so sexy.

EDIT:
here is the full thing cause the link don't work

Name: Iwao Mamoru
Race: Human

Appearance:
Clan_Ronin___Kakita_Hikaru_by_Tensen01.png

He stands at 5'8 and is seen always wearing his traditional white kimono and blue armor. He was born, oddly, with white hair and chooses to keep it long, or wrap it in a ponytail. His complexion is pale, due to his death, and if someone comes close they would notice the grey/blue/purple tinge to him, and the smell of sea water.

Personality: Always the gentleman, even to his tradition-strict culture, he loves putting himself before others for the greater good. Iwao has a deep respect for any warriors of any kind, including a slight respect for the demons and their combat prowess. He loves both aspects of peace and war. War is a cleanse so that the most fit could prove their worth to their people, while peace is a time of growth where sides that were once foes can exchange hands and be able to put aside their differences for the sake of prosperity. With that being said, he will not hesitate to strike the killing blow should the time allow, he believes in black and white combat and will not toy with his opponent save for the occasional joke for the sake of his nerves. He takes his honor seriously and although he has a sense of humor, albeit a dry one, he can't really take a joke about his mother.

Bio: Far in the vast seas of Themilio lies the long slice of land that Iwao was born. The island, called Fú jiā or floating home, is almost like a myth to the larger populated areas of Themilio since it is seldom visited by the mainland, thus his civilization has grown to their own customs and traditions and has had to rely on their own hunters to deal with whatever demon or monster that came to them.
Iwao grew up a born warrior, like his ancestors before him, and throughout his childhood was taught in the art of swordplay. When his father was killed by a rouge water demon during a hunt, he had to step up and continue the family lineage. At the age of eighteen he was an established warrior, blacksmith, and even the lover to a girl he had known since his childhood, Hanna was her name. At the turn of his twentieth birthday he was given his ancestral armor, a common practice in his culture, and his fathers sword that was recovered during the aftermath of the incident. At age 33, He kissed his wife, Hanna and son Akio before leading his own hunting pack after a massive whale like beast that was terrorizing the fishermen of the island, the very beast that killed his own father in what seemed like moments ago in his mind. Before long Iwao spotted the creature and instructed the harpooning team to let loose, for hours the beast battled with the hunting pack before it came to an end. Iwao tried his best, utilizing an ancient sword magic and cleaving into the beast but alas, with one final breath the beast leaped out of the water just as Iwao did. The steel of his fathers sword met the thick blubbery flesh of the monster, he diverted the beast from the hunting packs ship but in doing so, kept him and the beast together until they both plunged into the water. The weigh of the beast on top of him sent him plummeting deep into the ocean, where he met a watery grave.
Now he wakes up in Tartarus, the taste of salt in his mouth and the memory of Hanna and Akio in his mind, he readied his swords, took in a deep breath, and awaited for whatever was to come.

Abilities: Iwao was born with the trait of great power. He was able to utilize what many monks and mages of his island called the three paths technique. He can utilize the Stone, Cloud and Fire paths that each grant him superhuman abilities with the sword. Stone path is able to grant his swords the ability to cut the hardest surfaces with ease, the Fire path allows Iwao to conjure flames into his sword strikes, the Cloud path transmutes his sword into a large fan into which he can summon tornado like winds. The repercussions of his powers is that he is physically drained the longer he uses them, he can stand using the powers for maybe ten minutes before becoming fatigued.

Items: he has two swords always by his side.
Ryūjin, Dragon God: This sword has a deep connection with Iwao, since he forged it himself. It has a single saw-toothed blade that is flat black. The guard is crescent shaped. Its grip is formed like a dragon with extended wings.
His families ancestral sword. Umi Ha, Sea Edge: This sword has a blade of a light blue color. Its grip is wrapped with a tan leather and has a pattern made of waves sewn into it. The pommel bears a single moonstone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Domotoro, we might have to test good old European blades against those of the Orient. Mmmm European swords are just so sexy.
oh you are so on..but i don't think he will handle fighting a woman, he's a gent.

Name:
Welda Ebonheart

Race:
Human

Appearance:
Welda Ebonheart.png
Welda's hair is a very light blonde colour, almost akin to a silver/white hue. She reaches the height of 5'10'' and weighs about 130 lbs. Before her death, she had lively green eyes and lightly tanned skin, but following her death, her eyes are colourless and her skin is a deathly pale colour.

Personality:
Welda is a humble woman, only giving herself and others credit where it is due, and she prefers to stay on the sidelines and out of the spotlight. She doesn't care much for the temptations of glory, fame and sex, hence why she still retains her virginity. She is honourable and intelligent, and this is reflected in her actions and speech, and is a generally trustworthy and reliable person. While she was alive, she had an undying loyalty towards the crown, however, in Tartarus, she is currently loyal to nobody. Because of her blindness, she has a tendency to judge people's beauty through the other senses besides from their visual beauty, which strikes many as weird. As she is no longer bound to the widespread trait of judging people by their appearance, she is a great judge of character, and never judges people by their pasts. Despite this, she is also very just, and shows as much forgiveness or mercy as a person deserves, and is a very moral person, only doing immoral things when there is absolutely no other way.

Bio:
Welda is a member of the royal family of the Kingdom of Oblivion. She is descended from the founder of the kingdom, Steyvon Ebonheart, and her imperial line is quite close to the ruling line. A product of an incestuous relationship between her parents, who were both half-siblings, she was a second cousin to the ruling king and betrothed to his crown prince before his unfortunate and untimely demise. Welda was always unreligious when she was alive, and often harshly reprimanded for this by the king's ministers. Despite her royal ties, Welda prefered to live a simple life away from the capital, where she was free from the influence of the corrupt ministers in the court. When she was 24, an uprising occured in an attempt to overthrow the young king Harold Ebonheart. Welda raised an army of 10,000 men to support her cousin and remove the rebels, who had turned to banditry to support their own army. Welda personally killed the rebel leader Vans Herndal in a prolonged battle two years into the war and the king hoped to give her a grand title to show his gratitude. Some of the king's ministers feared that Welda would use her newfound power to remove the ministers, who she openly resented. To retain their own power, these particular ministers heavily implicated Welda in Herndal's rebellion, claiming it was a political move for her to receive power, and disbanded her armed forces. Welda called for the other warlords in the kingdom to join her in a coalition against the ministers, but many warlords were tempted by the corrupt ministers' offers of power and those who weren't were killed. Thus, with a coalition formed against her, Welda was soon captured. Although she was given mercy by Harold, her home was attacked by the local warlord Marrick Sheothbane.

Death:
Welda was killed after fighting off dozens of Marrick Sheothbane's men alone. Sheothbane dueled with her and defeated her by impaling her with his sword. As she died, he mutilated her body by inserting pins through her irises. This means that Welda is now blind in both eyes, and has a scar on her abdomen and back.

Abilities:
Welda has powerfully heightened senses. Following her 'admittance' into Tartarus, she has mastered her senses of smell, hearing, taste and touch, and is now capable of detecting and understanding any object in her environment to perfect detail. She can easily locate specific people by remembering their smells and uses echolocation to work out exactly where she is and where other people are in relation to her at all times.
Welda can handle herself in hand-to-hand combat and her skills with a sword are marvelous. She excels in using ranged weapons, as her senses help her locate people with precision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, now we have two women. One a Zealot of the church, the other a heretic, this should be interesting. XD

Reactions: Kinton Nyr
Yeah, I wanted to make the two female characters contrast so that they didn't just fit into the typical fantasy female clones area. However, I think they're both different enough to do that on their own.

Yup yup yup. It'll be nice to have more than one female character.

Status
Not open for further replies.