A really yummy fall snack

M

Melia

Original poster
So I was at the store yesterday and my grocery store just happened to have a gluten free gala. Well I eat gluten free so of course I got excited about that. And they had these things caramelized pumpkin seeds there. And omg. They were amazing.

So I bought all the necessary ingredients (pumpkin seeds) and came straight home and made them.

So all you need is pumpkin seeds. brown sugar and a little bit of oil.

Pour a teaspoon of oil in a medium fry pan. Then a cup of pumpkin seeds. And two tablespoons of brown sugar. And fry on medium high heat until it's all caramelized. Which takes about... 20-30 seconds. And then cool.

AND THAT'S IT.

seriously it took me about 5 minutes to make the whole batch and these things are absolutely one of the best snacks I've ever had.

DO IT

I'll try it out some time :) Also, I'm gluten-free and it's so cool that there's someone else on here who is! Can I ask why you're gluten-free?

I have Celiac Disease. I've been gluten free for 2... no three years now. (It's been a struggle because I hate to cook) One of my rp partners is also gluten free. Seems there's a small population of us here

hmm

I should make a group for gluten free Iwakians. We can all rant and share recipes and generally bond.

A group would be awesome! I recently lost my recipe books in an accident so I'd definitely enjoy being able to talk about gluten-free cooking and books and things like that.