1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, medieval.
If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Thoughts?

Yes it does, the sound waves are still created.

It was just not received by anyone.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Shiri and Mid
Stupid question, will not answer.

There are no stupid questions only stupid opinions 8'D.

It is a question that is usually asked to ignite discussion. Plenty of people feel that there is no sound because no one is around to hear it while others feel you don't need to be around for sound to be made. It's like the whole is the planet a sphere or flat question? Yes, there are people who truly believe that the world is flat and you'll fall of the edge lol but it is still interesting to hear other people's constructive thoughts on such topics.

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Thoughts?

Of course not. Trees are notorious show offs and will not bother falling down in the first place if no one is there to witness the drama.

Trees are more polite when it's just animals around; they're super quiet. But when people start stomping around their forest, they tend to get quite grumpy. So making noise when falling is the only way to scare humans off.

• Useful
Reactions: Mid
Yes. That is all.

• Love
Reactions: Touch of Insanity
276158_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Trollface_1920x1200.jpg

Well...

Yeah.

Ofc it makes a sound, simply that the sound wont be heared by anyone.

And yes I agree its a stupid question. :P

Heres a better one. Does a duck's "quack" have a echo, or not?

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Reactions: Kagayours
If the tree fell in a spectacular manner, then I might appease its dead body by saying it made a sound, even if I wasn't around to hear it.

If it just fell over in a normal manner though, it doesn't deserve any recognition, and therefore it didn't make a sound. 0/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.