3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Romance, modern, comedy, post-apocalyptic, slice of life.
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, or if the answer is somewhere and I just missed it, but recently I was missing PIPS, the poetry spotlight that used to happen here on Iwaku. I wanted to ask if there was a reason it stopped happening, and if allowed, if someone would be allowed to revive it. I know I'm not a staff member, so I don't know if I'm allowed to host events, but I'd be more than happy to organize it, if it was okay!

I just really missed it and I'd love to see some fun with poetry around again. Again, if the answer to this is buried somewhere, I'd love to be directed to it. Thanks :)

Over the years Iwaku has had many special projects ran by passionate staff members that had this one "thing" they loved doing! When they retire from staff, we usually retire that project, as we've found replacements don't tend to have the same care and passion to do the thing in the exact same way as their predecessor. PIPS was one of those special things and we currently don't have anyone on staff that is super into poetry or poetry related events.

As for whether or not a member could run a poetry event themselves, Absolutely! Members can run any kind of contests or events they want. All you have to do is make sure you advertise it really good. :D (You also wouldn't use a past project's name just out of respect for those retired projects.)

• Love
Reactions: PavellumPendulum
Oh, thank you very much for letting me know! I totally understand that, along with not using the previous name, I just wanted to be specific with what I was looking for on the site.

So for making an event, I don't need to get permission or anything? I could just post a thread in the events section and start promoting, so long as it followed Iwaku + real life rules? :O

• Love
Reactions: Peregrine
Correct! :D we even have a tag for it called "member event"

Reactions: PavellumPendulum