A promising new world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Syoca

Original poster
I've spent several hours browsing the content on this site, looking at rules, mechanics, recommendations, etc. I am extremely happy with what I have seen. Everything about this place seems to be exactly what I'm looking for in an online role-playing forum.

I used to Admin a small role-playing site with a few close friends, it never got bigger than our personal group, but I look back on it with very fond memories. I miss that feeling, returning home from work every day, excited to see what has happened while I was gone. I was always thinking about next post, planning it, even while away.

It's been a little over a year since I've done any online role-playing, and more than 5 since I've been on a forum. My writing style will likely be rusty, and my reply speed is going to bother me, even if it bothers no one else, but I hope to regain some of my proficiency.

That's not to say that I'm completely out of practice in role-playing. My group still does face to face events playing tabletop RPGs, though I fear those are becoming more and more about the stats, and less about the characters and the plot. Forum based RP has always been superior in my eyes for character development and deep plots.

Can't wait to get started.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Welcome, Syoca! I'm Moody, and it's nice to meet you!

I'm glad you enjoyed exploring our content. We're always trying to produce more resources, challenges, lessons, and other cool stuff to help people achieve their writing dreams, so it's nice as a member of the Content department to hear that you enjoyed what you found!

Oh man, I used to run my own little RP forum, too. It didn't do much, but it was fun. I started doing chat-based RP for several years, and then rediscovered the joys of forums thanks to Iwaku. Nothing beats the sensation of knowing that I have a 'home' online. I hope Iwaku brings you that same feeling of 'home'. ♥

Welcome to Iwaku Sycoa! ♥♥

Welcome back to roleplaying and to here, Syoca! 8D

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Hopefully, it does start to feel like home here. I might even try out that newbie care package. I really like the unique features this place has for new players. It's pretty inspiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.