LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Often evenings between 5 to 11AM CET (central european time).
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Sci-fi, fantasy, magic, slice of life, supernatural, steampunk
I don't know if iwaku already have a place for this but it would be nice to have a small place where a person can just write off his/her own stories. Either it be short one-offs or a story you just want to write in order to release some creative flow and come back to write it when you see fit. For example you have a story you like it, but you don't feel like it would fit with roleplay or you just have all of this creativity and energy to write something without it having to make sense or it just goes with a flow without any thought out process or plot, or a short one-off story.
I'm thinking that it doesn't have to be it's own seperate forum, it would be nice to just have a tab in one's own profile where you can write down your own stories to let off some creative flow. What do you think?

We might not have the blog functions anymore, but you can always make a thread for stories and general shenanigans in the Showcasing section. A lot of folks use it as a place to host writing and even get feedback if that's what they're after.

Reactions: Nathchi
We might not have the blog functions anymore, but you can always make a thread for stories and general shenanigans in the Showcasing section. A lot of folks use it as a place to host writing and even get feedback if that's what they're after.

Thank you for the reply! I wonder if there were any specific reason as to why it had to be taken away? I can see if it is much to take care for from the admins parts or if it wasn't used much at all.
I'll check out the showcasing section. From what I hear you can ask for advice if it is wished for but it isn't necessary? From my part it's more about releasing some creativity rather then asking for advice on grammatical errors and proofreading.
Once again, thank you for the reply. :tophat:

Yeah, you can tag your stuff as 'feedback wanted' if that's what you're after, but if you're just wanting a place to fire a load of material you've written? That totally works too.

Reactions: Nathchi